General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 274.6/274.6/240

Height: 5'5"

Default Is there an app for that?

Like most 20 year old I cannot breathe without my phone, it's the one thing I have with me at all times. So my question is, is there an app for that? I'm looking for a good food journal app, a measurement/weight tracker app as well as an app to help me figure out how to count calories. I will officially be starting my new life tomorrow, and I woukd like to have all of my tools in place. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by ReadySetLose; 11-28-2011 at 01:35 PM.
ReadySetLose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #2  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

I love the "loseit" app, it's got a huge database of foods and their calorie counts, you can create your own foods and recipes, track your weight, exercise calories burned... I think it's great! It will also keep trac of your macronutrients if you're trying to do a low carb/low fat/ whatever... You can also be friends with other loseit users to stay accountable. I can't live without it now! It almost makes calorie counting fun ;-) you can change the settings to give yourself however many calories in your "budget" and will also let you know your averages for the end of the week and graphs your weight loss as you record it.
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #3  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

i like the livestrong daily plate calorie counter. I think they have iphone app only. But, boy, I'd love an android app!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/147/135

Height: 5'4''

Lose It! is a great app. You can also log the information online and syncs it to your app, which is really helpful. I would just warn against going too hard with the Lose It app though. You can select how many pounds a week you want to lose (I believe between 2 and .5 a week). Starting out at two lbs a week can be a bit too restrictive (found out the hard way) so just take that into consideration.

MyFitnessPal is also a good one.
LSUgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #5  
IATEJEN

S/C/G: 172.5/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

For the iPhone, there is an app called Calorie Counter by FatSecret. It's a free app that allows you to track food, exercise, and weigh-ins. I love that it has a barcode scanner so, you don't have to enter all the info off of a new food - just scan the barcode and record how much you ate. It also contains a great database of recipes. I use them often when I've got an ingredient that needs to be used but am not sure what to do with it.
iatejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #6  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

im a blackberry user, and i use sparkpeople. you can sync the two together with online and mobile, i believe it works with iphone too! it's awesome.
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

My Fitness Pal is awesome. It's an app and a website. The app has a bar ode scanner, recipe creator (so you can easily find the cals in a serving of homemade soup for example).
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/148/140(ATM)

Height: 5'2" on a good day

Another vote for sparkpeople! Its free and has one of the best support groups and extensive database of information. I also love their pre-set programs for exercise. They even have 'strength training at home'!

However, since I plan on doing sumptuous' full body work out, I was wondering if anyone has a decent weight lifting app they can recommend? I have 'runner's log' for my C25k (as well as Get Running) I figured an application dedicated solely to my weight lifting might inspire me. Since I have an iTouch I would love it if it already has a database of all the workouts in case I forgot what certain moves are or how to do them correctly but have no access to wifi.
DesertTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 274.6/274.6/240

Height: 5'5"

I downloaded the sparkpeople app. I used it to log my food today, and must admit that I'm surprised how many calories I have consumed today. My eyes are totally opened to this now. I almost didn't want to enter all of my food because I didn't think I wanted to know how much I was really eating. I'm glad I did though. It really makes me more aware of this now.
ReadySetLose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 296/289/180

Height: 5'9"

Another vote for Loseit and Sparkpeople. I just downloaded the loseit app, and it seems really interesting. I signed up for sparkpeople years ago online, and some of their articles are great...I do not know about their app though.
cfan is offline   Reply With Quote