Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 11-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/148/140(ATM)

Height: 5'2" on a good day

Default A Program/Routine for Weights Similar to C25k?

So I love C25K and C210K. I love that it made something that I once thought was impossible seem not only possible but easy and without the help of external trainers. I love that there is a program/app that tells you exactly what to do, when to do it, and sometimes even how. Plus you actually see the results!

What I was wondering is if there is a program similar to C25K but for weight lifting (preferably with an app so I can just plug in my headphones and lose myself with the weights as much as I do on the treadmill.)

So help me out guys, is there a program like that anywhere? And if there isn't, what do you guys suggest would be a great strength training regimen to add onto my C25k? Also should I do it the same day as when I run or alternate?

I did some weight training back in high school but have since drifted away from it to focus on cardio. Going back to it now seems overwhelming, especially with all the contradictory info to be found online.

--------------

ETA: Nevermind, I found sumptuous.com's week 1 body training program and facepalming like a massive idiot Ahem! Ignore the thread! Any way I can delete it?

Last edited by DesertTabby; 11-28-2011 at 10:57 AM.
DesertTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/147/135

Height: 5'4''

I'd love feedback on this too. I sort of quit with my weight training program when I started dieting. While my cardio is great, I am really lacking in the weight training area. When I was doing well with lifting, I found kettle bell routines to be the best. Starting off with the smallest weight and then working up to heavier weights is obviously essential, but I felt even more so with the kettle bells. Learning the form takes some time, but I found it more beneficial than regular weight programs I have done before.
LSUgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #3  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

i'm in love with this book

"the new rules of lifting for women"

it has great insight and 6 months worth of weight training workouts-- they start off beginner and get harder as time goes on. i would greatly recommend it. I've been able to really make use of the weight room using this.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote