Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat: Core/Simply Filling:Nov 28- Dec 4

Tejas
11-28-2011, 09:25 AM
New Pages for everyone:carrot:

Tejas
11-28-2011, 09:28 AM
I've got a very busy week ahead--3 tap performances, 2 practice/class sessions, 2 gym appointments, a party, etc. But, I've cancelled today's gym appointment because I've had a sore throat since Thanksgiving night, and don't feel like lifting weights today.

Nancy, good going on getting the reno materials yesterday. You and Vicki are going to enjoy your new rooms for sure.

Have a great day everyone.

Vickie
11-29-2011, 11:16 AM
The demolition has started! I'm looking for a place to hide. Anyone have a spare room?

nancy237
11-29-2011, 01:08 PM
The demolition has started! I'm looking for a place to hide. Anyone have a spare room?

Mine too !!!
I am sitting in the dining room doing paperwork right below the demo...
I need a place to hide too..
The problem with getting a handyman to do this is he wants so much direction from me..I feel better when a pro is giving me direction..know what I mean??
I love the tile & accent tile I chose..so it should look good.
We spend hours this morning deciding grout line size, placement of accent tile, placement of shampoo corner shelf..& other options..I don't know how anyone could not be home while this is done because I am busy running for things he needs & making decisions ...

ontarget
11-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Rhonda, I'm sorry about your sore throat. Take care of yourself.

Nancy and Vickie, you're going to enjoy your new baths before too long.

I have pedi/mani/ & hair cut/color today. We have friends coming over this evening. I sub in Computer Tech classes Thursday; then we will be flinging arrows at a local shop this Saturday with friends.

My eating is good. I made Curtis some ham/cheese biscuits this morning and didn't eat any. I stuck with my OP bfast. (Pat on my back)

Have a Terrifically Thrilling Tuesday, everyone. I'll catch you later.

Tejas
11-29-2011, 02:08 PM
OK, we'll post on this thread.

Vickie and Nancy, you have my sympathies. I have a great guest room, with its own bath, TV and computer. C'mon down.

Ems, that sounds like good news from your doctors.

Good going Sandra about being OP. We went out for breakfast this morning, and I had Migas (for you non-Texans, that's scrambled eggs with salsa, jalopenas, tortillas, etc).

I went to the gym yesterday anyway and did about 1/2 of my workout. It was a better decision to do a little bit instead of none.

We babysat for DH's daughter and SIL last night so they could go out for her birthday. Those gks are so cute. The 7 year old challenged me to a game of checkers. I haven't played in years and don't know how to play well enough to lose on purpose :lol: So, I beat him while trying to teach him along the way. He said "this is harder than I thought." Isn't it though!?

Tejas
11-29-2011, 10:53 PM
:wave:

ontarget
11-29-2011, 11:06 PM
:wave:

ems81wales
11-30-2011, 08:30 AM
reposting this just in case no one seen in other thread :d

hey girls thanks for all your kind words everything went well thanks they said they dont wanna see me for a follow up so got the all clear thank god. THey do however think i have ibs and that what the bowel pain was and not endermitriosis they didnt mention my bulky ovaries so they must be ok now. hope your all well xxx

ps they have given me medication to help with the ibs il see how it goes xxx

Tejas
11-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks for reposting, Ems.

I hear on CNN that Britain is experiencing a major strike today. Don't we live in "interesting times" though.

I'm off to run some errands today, back later. My stricter approach to food got a bit sidelined by Thanksgiving carbs, but I seem to be back on track today. I'm not getting on the scales though :lol:

I hope everyone has a good day!

Vickie
11-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm tired and stressed but on program for the moment. Day 2 should be easier, though this is the day the tub and shower pan get removed. Always a danger when workers are carrying large dirty stuff through a house. Yesterday was full of bad news but happy endings. Apparently, our toilet and shower were leaking HORRIBLY. The floor was wet and moldy down through the sub floor. They had to tear it ALL up and will replace it all today. The floor wasn't level so there were all kinds of complications. the good news is that these guys we chose seem wonderful and we think they are going to take good care of us. The seem to be craftsman and have pride in their work. I hope I still feel the same by day 14!

Ems....I'm glad your'e ok and at least have a diagnosis. IBS will take a significant dietary change but might make you feel a lot better once you make the change.

Rhonda, if you were in IL I would be tempted! Though Brodie would be an adjustment for you!

Sandra...computer lab? I would LOVE that. What did you learn?

Nancy, I feel your pain! I asked yesterday if they needed me to make any decisions. I was going out for about an hour to my seamstress to have her alter my winter tops and coat sleeves. I hadn't even gotten to her house yet and I got a phone call from Jim asking me to choose the color of the electrical outlets and switches! I said REALLY this can't wait until I get home. Whatever. The project manager told me that they always talk to the women if they can because we are the ones calling all the shots. That made me laugh! I hope you didn't have any bad surprises. You sound so happy with your choices. I'm sick to my stomach that my choices won't all look nice together. Ugh....gotta stop talking about it because it make me sick!

Later chicks!

Vickie
11-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Rhonda, I hadn't heard about the strike. What are they striking about?

nancy237
11-30-2011, 12:15 PM
I am so stressed about this bath job...

The guy I am using is shouting things like "oh my" , "oh drat" , "oh boy"
"shoot" constantly from the bath he is working on..
But when I check in everything is going fine he says...

I really think its going fine and its just his way , but it sure makes me nervous..
I used to have a dentist that made faces while he was working in my mouth..drove me crazy...

ontarget
11-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Good morning. I went for my salon appt yesterday only to come back home. My stylist has just switched her appt reminders from book to computer and somehow didn't get mine transferred. So, today I go again. :lol: I am going for nails only and will get the hair cut/color next month. I'm thinking of letting my hair go natural color so this will let me see what 9 weeks into it looks like.

Vickie and Rhonda, :woohoo: on being OP. I am, too. So far so good. I'm on day 5. Baby steps.

ontarget
11-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Nancy, hang in there.

Vickie
11-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Nancy, we are getting the same things here. It's almost like they want you to know how bad it is but that they are taking care of you and will get it all fixed up. That's what we are hoping anyway.

Just found out that our pipes were dangerously clogged and we were only a short way away from a horrible situation. Thankful that our guardian angels got us to finally take steps to get this done.

Vickie
11-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Sandra, that's crazy! How about double checking the entries they are making. You are being less grumpy than I would be.

ontarget
11-30-2011, 01:58 PM
I think I will double check from now on, Vickie. That's a good idea. My next appt is Dec. 20. I'll check that today.

Tejas
11-30-2011, 02:24 PM
OK, it's not funny, but I'm laughing about the renovations. Ooooh, how I hated them too when I had to do them in Toronto. I could remember my parents renovating my teenage home and I thought it was horrible even then.

Vickie, the strike in Britain is about cutbacks to pensions. It's part of the general financial turmoil but its the biggest strike in decades, if not ever. Or so the news said.

I threw out the leftover cake from Thanksgiving because it's soooo tempting.

nancy237
11-30-2011, 02:28 PM
This is sooo bad it has gotten funny.. I need to tape record this..
He is cussing to himself now..
I am going to clean the garage so I don't hear this..

ps and now he is rinsing the mortar pan out in the bathroom sink..oh dear..
but it is looking good..

ems81wales
11-30-2011, 02:37 PM
yea vickie i am going to look up ibs diets see what they say :d how are you doing? x

beach bum
11-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I'm came back from NY yesterday evening and was too tired to post. Than this morning I had so much to do unpack,do some errands,pickup my mail,and go grocery shopping until the end of the week. Hope the American's had a great thanksgiving day and weekend.

Had a wonderful time with my DD and family.Along with TG we had a big 10 year birthday party for my DGD that was celebrated at the Out back Steak House,than followed by a sleep over.

It seems when you having fun the time passes so quickly. Tomorrow I have my MRI for my hip. Its still bothering me,and it was a hassle walking from bus to train to train,but I had nice porters that helped me carry my luggage.

Once I know more from my doctor on the 15th I will be able to plan my next trip to NY for the Christmas New Year holidays.

I haven't had the time to read the posts for last week and this once I do I will get back to you individually.

Have a great evening and I see you guys in the morning.

Tejas
11-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Welcome back, Maryann. I'm glad you had fun. And, good luck with the medical stuff.

Tomorrow, we have a tap performance at a local assisted living place. And, Friday night is a big performance. We're tapping at the Denton tree lighting event. Of course, rain is in the forecast, but perhaps it will hold off.

Saturday night brings a big party with my favorite political friends, and I'm looking forward to it.

And, Sunday brings another tap performance somewhere! I have to take it day by day, or I can't remember!! :rofl: You know, if today is X, we're doing Y performance, wearing Z costume!

If we wind up on You Tube, I'll post it.

ontarget
11-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Welcome home, Maryann.

Rhonda, :lol: You're funny.

I sub tomorrow in the computer classes. Should be fun. I"ll prob be online some and will try to get on here.

Tejas
12-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Yoo hoo, anybody here?

I had a really busy day. We had a tap practice and performance at a nursing home, lifting weights, taking great nieces to art classes, raking leaves, going out to dinner, and then shopping. Whew, all that with NO nap!!! I'll be in bed early you can be sure.

Have a great night!

nancy237
12-01-2011, 11:17 PM
My bath is about 1/4th tiled ..The guy is having oral surgery tomorrow so it may be Monday before he is back..Sure wish it could be done this week..
I think the floor will go faster than the tub area..

I am going to bed early because I didn't sleep much last night..

Vickie
12-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Good morning Chicks! I actually got to have date night last night, though we were really too tired. I read everything Rhonda is doing and I think she must be exhausted. So how could I be so exhausted from just staying out of the way?

Nancy, that's impressive you have tile. I guess our is taking a bit longer because we gutted down to the studs. Wednesday was the plumber for 10 hours and yesterday was the electrician for 9 hours. I know how much they make an hour so it's starting to make me realize why our remodel is costing so much. Found out we can't have niches in the shower because of pipes and electrical tubing which they really don't want to move just to give me a niche. They are now proposing corner shelves. Anyone have any experience with them? I'm just imagining that they will fall down or that Jim will knock it down with his elbow. Today is flooring and the very beginning of drywall. Tomorrow is drywall and some taping. I'm very excited about my electricity. I got 3 double outlets (used to only have one which is not enough for a girlie), 2 canned lights over the deep 6 foot soaker tub (for me who reads in there constantly), and a light in the shower. WOO HOO! Jim says he may never see me again once the bath is done. My vanity and mirrors were built by the Amish and are a dark maple with bump outs where the sinks are. And....we splurged for a granite remnant because Jim really wanted granite. I picked the grout color yesterday which scared the heck out of me. I'm so afraid to make a mistake.

Nancy, did you sleep last night? Jim and I are not sleeping well either. We would like to complain about the guest accommodations in this dump!

Rhonda, did you get to bed early too? We stayed up too late. I bet the nursing home folks were really a great audience. That was so wonderful of your troupe to do that for them. How will you tap if there is rain? I hope your stage is covered and safe. We too are living one day at a time! Thank God for calendars.

Sandra, are you learning anything in class that you can teach us?!

Mary Ann, welcome home! I'm glad to hear that you had a great time and are planning to go back for Christmas. Not any sight of Christmas in this house yet. If they finish quickly, I'll consider putting my tree up.

How's everyone doing on program? I'm scared to get on the scale and I feel fatter. I'm just trying to be as mindful and good as I can. I ate properly all this week except for last night when I had pizza. I think I kept to a reasonable portion or close. But then I let our favorite waitress comfort me with several scoops of peppermint ice cream. Sigh. It was delicious and I refuse to feel guilty. Back on program today!

I have a PT appointment today and then I have to go do some Christmas Shopping and make a stop at Costco if my foot is up to it. Jim will have to stay home with the workers and the dog. Even if my foot is hurting it will feel good to be out of here.

Hope you are all well. Light and love. Wonder how Sloan is doing? I think I'll pop in on her FB page and say hello and tell her that we miss her.

nancy237
12-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Vickie,
Isn't it something we are dealing the the exact same things.. I wanted recesses also but the lady at the tile shop talked me into corner shelves..

The choice wasone on 2 back corners of the tub or both on the same back corner...

I decided to have one above the other on the opposite end from the fixtures..one is waist height & one is about chest height. The tile shop said they could be put on after the tile with a special adhesive but my tile guy said he prefers to cut them in by cutting that space out from the other tile...One is already in & I like it...He did my soap dish that way also..I will try to post a picture of what is done so far.

You are doing a more extensive redo...I am just doing the surfaces(tile & backerboard,paint & vanity top) Yours sounds amazing ... I did have one plumbing fix but not like what you had..

I want granite remnant too, so I am going to leave the vanity alone and in January get both my bath vanity tops done... Then my 1/2 bath will need
new sink, toilet & tile..

Sorry to bore the rest of you with all this...the choices will drive you crazy.
My guy was supposed to be doing 1/16th inch spacing and told me he likes to use nickles instead of the spacers ..turns out a dime is closer to 1/16th and a nickle is almost 1/8th..too late now but
i learned that over 1/8th needs sanded grout and my friend told me to do unsanded and 1/16th so the grout can fill in some of the natural tile pits that travertine has....grrr

Vickie
12-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Nancy, I'd love to see pictures! Don't worry....the Chicks will put up with us. It's sort of related to weight loss. I'm stressed from this and stress makes me want to eat. I had a toasted fat free cheese sandwich for lunch with some Smart Balance margarine.

Now I'm off to PT and Christmas shopping.

ems81wales
12-02-2011, 03:31 PM
i l0st 2lbs last night im a lb under goal now woohoo

Tejas
12-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Congrats, Ems...now, don't start any remodeling projects :lol:

Yes, Vickie and Nancy, we'll put up your tribulations. I've had corner shelves and they're fine with me. They take some work when cleaning, but what doesn't?

It's raining today so we're taking beach towels for wiping down the stage. The stage is not covered, but the bigger problem is that the stage is so small that we don't think we'll all fit with the musicians whom are slated to be on stage. I won't be surprised if we can't dance. I'll let you know, of course.

Yes, the patients in the nursing homes do enjoy us. But, the floor was so slick one person wouldn't dance and the rest of us had to put tape our taps. And, I went to be at 9PM and slept for 11 hours, except for getting up to let the doggie out.

ontarget
12-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Ems, :woohoo:

Rhonda, glad you got some good sleep. Be careful on those slippery slopes.

I subbed again today--this time in what used to be called Content Mastery. The kids were so sweet. 4th - 6th Graders.

Have a good evening. I'll be back tomorrow.

Tejas
12-02-2011, 11:05 PM
We danced, but for a while it looked like we might not be able to do so. There was so much equipment on the stage that we had to have a sound technician move things. It was a lot of fun, even though we did make some mistakes. However, my 7 year old great niece told me that she didn't see any mistakes at all :lol:

ontarget
12-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Makes me smile, Rhonda.

Also--tonight the high school where I taught won the State Semi-Finals in High School Football and will play for the State Title at Cowboy Stadium next Friday night.

I've been listening to the game on a webcast. One of my former students was one of the announcers. Several of the players are students of my former players. I've been sitting here on pins and needles--and wanting to eat all night! I guess I did all right eatingwise. I opted for a slice of cheese during the 4th quarter.

pam920
12-03-2011, 10:59 AM
good morning chicks.

Everyone is so busy. The bathrooms sound like they are coming along. We definitely want to see pics. All the stress will be worth it when they are done.

Rhonda, I didn't see any mistakes either. You must have imagined it. lol

Sandra, did they win?

Welcome home Maryann.

ems, what can I say? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

I've gained another 2 poounds. What is wrong with me? My husband is wanting us to do the Adkins diet. I'm not too sure about that. We have been doing some walking lately, but need to do it every day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

beach bum
12-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Got my MRI behind me and now its the results that I have to wait for. Don't have an appointment with the orthopedic doctor until 15 of this month. So again its going to be close to whether I go down to NY again for Christmas.

Wish the doctor would call and let me know the results earlier. Oh well I guess I have to wait.

Went out with my friend Rita yesterday,and than over the weekend I will start my Christmas Cards. Got several cards in the mail already.

Going to be lazy day for me today as I got all my groceries in and I don't dare to go to Walmarts with all the crowds being there over the weekend. I'm going to do my Christmas shopping in NY this year. Going to come day or two earlier and shop with my DD.

This morning I'm going to roast my veggies for next week for a combo of CA & SB Phase 1 diet. The recipe is in the first SBD book. Have to get back down to where I was before thanksgiving. Don 't know what happened to gain[19.5] all that weight,as I portion my meals.Lost 3 of them anyway.Hope I lose some more before the Christmas/New Year Holiday.

Thanks for the welcome back,Its getting late so I'm going to start my veggies,so I'll be back tomorrow.

Have a great day

Tejas
12-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Congrats to your school team, Sandra.

Whew, thanks, Pam, I was sure those mistakes were obvious. I'm glad to hear that they weren't. ;-)

It's cool and raining here today. We need the rain, so no complaints from me. (It also means that I don't have to rake leaves again.) I baked cakes yesterday for last night's First Friday event during the Christmas tree lighting, and am making more today for a party tonight. I'm proud to say that I ate only one piece, after dancing.

The event last night was really nice. The city's tree lights are turned on, the shops on the courthouse square are open and full, serving wassail and generally starting the festive season.

ontarget
12-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Pam, our team won and will play at Cowboy Stadium Friday night. It may be on local TV. Not sure.

Maryann, can you call your doctor's office to find out earlier?

Rhonda, Cleburne lit the lights at Whistle Stop last night. (Hulen Park). Beautiful!

My eating's been off today. Life goes on.

pam920
12-03-2011, 08:23 PM
My eating has been good today. I forgot to tell you that my granddaughter, Amber, has viral meningitis. She had a really bad headache, that would not quit and finally she went to ER. They did CAT scan etc and kept her in ICU for a day. Released her last night, but she has to go back Wednesday for an MRI. The dr said something in the fluid level from the spinal tap was was too high and it can sometimes indicate a brain tumor, so he want to be sure. They had to set it up and clear it with her insurance. I am trying to comfort her telling her the dr is just making sure, and ruling out a brain tumor. I know she is scared and I'm worried too, but I try to always keep a positive attitude. She is only 26.

Maryann, sorry you have to wait so long for your test results. See if you can see him sooner.

ontarget
12-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Pam, I will keep your granddaughter in my prayers.

Tejas
12-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Pam, I'm sorry to hear about your granddaughter. I will keep her in my thoughts. We'll all hope for the best.

Vickie
12-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Pam, how scary for your Grand Daughter. I will absolutely keep her in my prayers.

Rhonda, I've been SO distracted. I just realized this morning that I forgot to respond to your post a while back about your fifth anniversary. I simply cannot believe you have been here that long with us. I remember when you where planning!

Sandra, I'm tired and cranky and want to eat. What's up with you?

It's dark and dreary here today but I am having a PJ day!!! No workers. I'll pay for it tomorrow thought because I have PT and a Dentist appointment. Ugh.

I did get on the scale today and have not gained any more weight but I really wish I could walk on this foot and get some exercise. I'll just have to try to hold on until the PT helps me.

What's up for all of you today?

nancy237
12-04-2011, 11:12 AM
PJ day for me too...

I slept in and now I am cuddled in bed with the pets , coffee, book and computer.

I may just stay here all day :cloud9:

Vickie...I am beginning to think we were twins separated at birth leading parallel lives :cheers:
What if we post the bathroom pics and they match :rofl:

nancy237
12-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Pam...
I am praying for your granddaughter...I wish he had just told her he wanted more test to rule out a few things than scare her to death about a brain tumor..bless her heart...

Is the meningitus treated and better or still being treated...

hugs !!!!!!

beach bum
12-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Just got home one time from our Sunday Brunch before the roads close up for the Christmas Parade.

My friend Mary and I might go to another town to see a movie and dinner but first she has to see if she going to meet her DD instead. I have lots to do this afternoon if we don't go.

SANDRA-I have to go to my reg doctor on Tues for a blood test & physical so I will ask him if he got a copy of the report. I really like to know if I make plans for Christmas in NY.

PAM-Oh my goodness I'm so sorry to hear about your GD having to go through this at her age.Sending out prayers your way. Thanks,Will ask the doctor on Tues.

:lol:Glad that you Ladies were able to Lounge out there while I had to go to church and brunch with my friends before the Christmas Parade starts.:lol:

Have a great day

ems81wales
12-04-2011, 03:24 PM
cheers pam and rhonda :D xxxx

ontarget
12-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Nancy and Vickie, that would be hilarious if your baths looked identical. :lol:

Vickie, I dropped out of directing the church Christmas play yesterday. Too much stress going on right now. I'm going to sub 4th Grade Math tomorrow at our dil's campus. I used to really enjoy teaching math when I taught 4th Grade back in the 70's. I hope 1+2 still = 3. Actually, they were working on probabilities last Friday. Should be interesting.