Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 11/27

Diana3271
11-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

mamakat
11-27-2011, 05:42 PM
I got to go for a walk today with DH. Then it was back home for day 2 of coloring DD's hair. Man, I'm zonked. It takes a lot of arm strength to do hair! She now officially has jet black hair with super red bangs. I swear she better not be sent home from school like DS was when I colored his tips. It takes hours to bleach and color. I'm tired. I hope the scale shows progress tomorrow. We'll see. I hope you all have a great week :)

berryblondeboys
11-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Still in a funk. I don't know why... probably the scale's meanness I suppose. Raked for 90 minutes today and bagged leaves (my workout). I don't know why I'm cursing them so much. I guess it is better to be working out by doing work that needs to be done instead of bouncing around in the gym, but raking is just not doing it for me!

Larry H
11-27-2011, 07:12 PM
My Calorie count today was good at only 979 for the day. It seems like I am finally getting back into my old groove. The last couple of days have felt good to be back in control for a change!! :D:carrot::D

Sodium was little high due to using Frank's Hot Sauce. 1967 mg today. I will take that compared to some recent days which were astronomical.

I got my yard decorated for Christmas and It looks nice if I do say so myself.
DW likes it so that is a plus.

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it probably needs a little more time in the microwave."

Larry,

berryblondeboys
11-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Calories are a bit low Larry - especially for a man, so be careful. I'm feeling good to get some work done in the yard and kept calories under 1500 today.

Diana3271
11-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Mamakat It's time for my monthly touch up of the grays. ;) Wanna come over? :D

Berry Sorry about the funk. I woke up in a funk, too. I was thinking about how quickly Thanksgiving and the long weekend flew by. It's time to go back to work, already. :(

Larry I agree with Berry about your calories.

Larry H
11-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Calories are a bit low Larry - especially for a man, so be careful. I'm feeling good to get some work done in the yard and kept calories under 1500 today.

Yes it is too low but my plan is stay a low a couple of days to reset the binge habit I was starting. Then I will go back to the 1200-1500 range. Closer to 1500 which has worked for me.

Melissa and Diana Thanks for caring :hug: It is great to have cyber friends who really care.

Larry,

Diana3271
11-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Larry I do see where you are coming from. I will drop my calories or exercise more when I have higher calories.

I have felt snacky since eating off plan on Thanksgiving. This happens every time I eat off plan.

Total Approx 1475 + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (750 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
2 Orders steamed veggies 200 calories
fruit cup 100 calories
Iced coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories

Dinner (360 Calories)
1 cup cottage cheese 180 calories
peaces w/brown sugar + cinnamon 70 calories
1 serving pretzels (I didn't need this, but I felt snacky :mad:) 110 calories

Exercise:
The Firm Cardio Sculpt Blaster w/#5's
The Firm Super Cardio Sculpt w/#5's

Diana3271
11-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Yes it is too low but my plan is stay a low a couple of days to reset the binge habit I was starting.

Larry Have you been feeling snacky since eating off plan on Thanksgiving? I have issues with that when I eat off plan. Sometimes I don't think it's worth it. :dunno:

berryblondeboys
11-27-2011, 08:48 PM
I have felt snacky since eating off plan on Thanksgiving. This happens every time I eat off plan.

Yep me too. Today is the first day I was able to avoid a small snack to keep from feeling like I was starving. I only ate big on THursday, but THREE days afterwards I was feeling snacky! I hate that!

Larry H
11-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Larry Have you been feeling snacky since eating off plan on Thanksgiving? I have issues with that when I eat off plan. Sometimes I don't think it's worth it. :dunno:

The desire has been really strong to snack but I have been fighting it. The funny thing was I was starting to snack a lot the couple of days before Thanksgiving. Maybe it was in anticipation of the upcoming holiday dinner?? I don't know but I had to break that habit fast so I did not return to my former eating pattern.

Thankfully I believe that I have been successful because the snacking desire is greatly reduced today. The only snack I have allowed myself today was 15 red grapes as an afternoon snack.

Larry,

Diana3271
11-27-2011, 10:03 PM
I ate one serving of pretzels today. I never eat pretzels and wouldn't waste my time on them. It's just not something that I eat. I felt if I didn't eat them, I would eat something so much worse. So, I guess what I ate was better than the alternative and I was still in a good range.

I woke up this morning not wanting to go back to work tomorrow. But, I'm thinking getting back to my regular routine is a good thing.

Hang in there, everyone! We are strong and we will get past these cravings.

K9Owner
11-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Cravings here too!! DOH
I can't have scheduled cheat days!
I was kinda glad to go back to work tonite to reset my eating schedule!!
:dust: for all of you!!!

redballoon
11-28-2011, 12:18 AM
Diana -- Your idea may be the best thing for me. I can do routine. With so much in my life in flux and unreliable, unpredictable, eating the same thing (in rotation) could work. I will try to look into that.

ItsMyTurn How would you like to fly, business or first-class? ;)

:kickcan:

mamakat
11-28-2011, 05:11 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Up early, DH is off to New Boston for three days and for some reason my brain wanted to wake up with him. Hopefully I'll get a nap sometime between dropping off kids and picking them up. I've got a lot of doctor appts to set up, schools are nagging me every week for physical updates :p

Diana as much as I do hair (here in this family) you would think it was my chosen career. I actually have a cosmetologist friend who suggested I get into it, just be a person who colors hair all day. Not sure that's the career for me :) But I love doing it.

I've been on the hungry side since Thanksgiving. I'm not overeating or eating bad foods, but I noticed yesterday I ate two meals within 30 mins of each other. Even DH noticed. I was hungry :)

I also noticed as I took off my polish for this weeks color that my nails have changed once again. They are the window to my health and it looks as though I have to check in with my hematologist sometime this week. They are so long and so strong now so I know I'm finally getting enough calcium and vitamin D and all the vitamin Bs so that's good news. Anemia though is the trouble, so got to keep up on that. Hopefully it's nothing and if it is, it's not that big of deal...just sitting in a room hooked to an IV for a couple of hours once or twice a week for two weeks. I don't like the new treatments, they are long and boring and I have to sit around 40mins after they are done to make sure all is safe...but if it must be done, it must be done. I don't mess around with it, it sneaked up on me last year and nearly took my life, so I'll call once everyone wakes up :D

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.

Diana3271
11-28-2011, 07:34 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a great week!

Calories for yesterday: 1475 + :coffee:

Weigh In: Weigh In: 147.8

Up: .2

I think this .2 is due to the pretzels that I had last night. They have a good amount of sodium.

redballoon Yes, give it a try. It might help. Something else that helps me is to have my measuring tools right at hand. For example breakfast. I keep my measuring cup (1/2 cup) for my egg whites, and (1/8 cup) for my cheese right there where I make my breakfast. I drink my juice out of a particular glass. I checked the ounces of it so that means I know exactly how much juice I am drinking. I always, buy the same brand of turkey, so I know 3 slices is 60 calories, etc. Most people would consider it boring, but it works (and I like it ;))

Mamakat I hope you are not becoming anemic. Let us know what you find out. Have an extra long nap for me, too. I didn't sleep well last night. Hopefully tonight will be better. I always have a hard time sleeping on Sunday nights. I think it's because I am anticipating the week.

K9 :wave:

mamakat
11-28-2011, 08:01 AM
Monday WI 216.4 down 1.6 from last week, but still not back to the lowest that I had 2 weeks ago...but it's coming off, that's all I care about! :)

Diana I will let you know. As bad as my nails are (corrugated) I don't have any other symptoms. And unlike last year, I'm not bleeding anywhere, not even a bloody nose :D I used to have those bad. So I'm not losing what I got, but I have a problem with making it in the first place. It might be because I've been eating pitas...I know I shouldn't and if I am anemic I'll stop. I let you know :D

Diana3271
11-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Mamakat Great job on the 1.6 pounds.

Isn't it funny how we can gain overnight, but can take a week or two to leave? :dizzy:

dana813
11-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Good morning everyone!

I weighed myself again today and my body seems to have let go of Thanksgiving water weight. The morning of Thanksgiving I was at 231, and the scale said 232.8 yesterday. Today I was pleasantly surprised to see 230 on the scale -- I was hoping to be down to 230 by this weekend, but I got there today! So I have lost my first 10 pounds, yay!

I was supposed to wake up and work out before going to work this morning, but an extra hour of sleep sounded sooo good. I told myself I would sleep in and exercise after work. I'm already regretting that! I have a million other things to do after work. I'm going to have to fit in a workout tonight, but for the rest of the week I'm going to make myself wake up early enough to do it before work! :)

I hope everyone has a great day!

Diana3271
11-28-2011, 09:06 AM
So I have lost my first 10 pounds, yay!

Dana Congratulations! :bravo: Keep up the great work! :carrot:

mamakat
11-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Dana :welcome: and yay on the first 10, awesome job!

IsabellaOlivia
11-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Diane: keep up the good work girl

Mamakat: congrats.

Dana: Good for you

I did my weekly weigh-in this morning. Same weight as last week, luckily. This past week I've eaten candy three days and drank two days. Not exactly been doing the treat your body as temple thing, eh? Staying still on the weight was good, because I expected to have gained.

There is a volunteer group at my school that runs a programme regarding buying local food. For 3 pounds I buy a bag of fruit that lasts me for a week. Nom nom nom.

Diana3271
11-28-2011, 10:05 AM
IsabellaOlivia Sometimes no change is a good thing. ;) Enjoy the fresh produce. Buying local is best.

Larry H
11-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Mamakat Great job on the 1.6 pounds.

Isn't it funny how we can gain overnight, but can take a week or two to leave? :dizzy:

Diana It's NOT FUNNY!!

Just kidding with you I know you meant funny like "isn't it odd"

I am down another 2 lbs of that Thanksgiving gain to 213 :carrot: 10 lbs more to go to get back to ground zero.

Larry H
11-28-2011, 10:29 AM
I have lost my first 10 pounds, yay!

Dana :congrat: On that 10 pound loss. Way to go!!

:carrot: :bravo: :cb: :dancer: :twirly: :sunny: :jig: :high: :broc: :dance: :flame: :goodscale: :yay: :cheer: :hyper:

I see that we are practically neighbors:) I live with my DW in Brooksville, FL.

It is about an hour drive down the Suncoast Expressway from here to Tampa.

Keep up the good work!!:carrot:

Larry,

Larry H
11-28-2011, 10:36 AM
I did my weekly weigh-in this morning. Same weight as last week, luckily. This past week I've eaten candy three days and drank two days. Not exactly been doing the treat your body as temple thing, eh?

IsabellaOlivia Your post reminded me of one of my favorite sayings.

"They say to treat your body like a temple, I treated mine like an amusement park"

:rofl:

Larry,

ItsMyTurn
11-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Looks like I am slow again this week, I have been posting in the other thread. Thank you Diana for posting link

I am down and finally busted through my plateau... I have been mixing it up for a month with no results like this before, so the only thing I can think of was that I had 2 extra days this week where I wasn't stuck at work on my butt for 9hrs/day? Either way, not going to argue. Was down 1.4lbs Saturday during weigh in; and due to paranoia I got on scale yesterday morning to make sure it stuck, to find down another .4lb!!! :dance:

Redballoon - I would fly in either... though the family may not like me taking off on them, :lol: Looks like long-distance cheerleading for now :cheer: Is there something that inspires you? A picture? A thing? Something you could use for a reminder? I also eat VERY similar things daily... matter of fact, almost identical daily until evening. I have to pack up my stuff to take to work, so find it easier to have the same all the time and easier to figure calories that way.

Mamakat - I just got done dying my oldest DD's hair this weekend too :) Next weekend is the youngest DD. I also cut, style, etc... I do our nails (acrylics) as well. I have learned how to do it all so that we don't have to pay the prices others do for the same things... we don't have that kind of money. This way though, at least you wouldn't know it to look at us :) I did tips for my son too last year... I liked that look... fortunately school here is a bit lenient as long as the colors are "near natural" in shading... although kids do slight streaks in other colors, just can't have the whole head of it.

Larry - Sounds like you have yourself back in control of what you are consuming. Calorie cycling sure does take control... to balance it all out :) Great job!!!

Dana - Great job losing that water/Thanksgiving hold :)

To everyone else :wave: HI!!!!! So good to see y'all survived Thanksgiving! :)

dana813
11-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Dana :congrat: On that 10 pound loss. Way to go!!

:carrot: :bravo: :cb: :dancer: :twirly: :sunny: :jig: :high: :broc: :dance: :flame: :goodscale: :yay: :cheer: :hyper:

I see that we are practically neighbors:) I live with my DW in Brooksville, FL.

It is about an hour drive down the Suncoast Expressway from here to Tampa.

Keep up the good work!!:carrot:

Larry,

Hi Larry! Yep, I know right where Brooksville is -- we are practically neighbors =) Nice to meet you!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, everyone! Sometimes I get kind of frustrated by how far I have to go until I reach my goal. At one point I was down to my mini-goal of 170 but I gained all the weight back and then some. Ughh. But I'm just trying to focus on the positive and not be negative :)

Moondance
11-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Happy Monday!

I'm so glad to be back home and back to work, which means back to my regular schedule. Geez...Thanksgiving was a let down on many fronts. I did the best I could. However between too many restaurant meals, "helpful" family members (see, I bought you the flavored coffee creamers you like so well), old habits dying hard (i.e., all the food on Turkey Day), a chipped tooth, and uncaring family members, I guess I should be happy I came home only 2 pounds up. But it pissed me off nonetheless...especially because the trip was a drag (meaning not fun).

So, back to my usual menu and very happy about it.

Hope everyone else had a nice holiday, and regardless of what happened last week, we're all back OP today!:D

Rebecca8
11-28-2011, 11:50 AM
After facing some set-backs and stressors in my personal life since I joined Weight Watchers and 3FC last month, I am ready and able to commit fully to losing. At least I lost 7 pounds during the month - way behind what I could have done with consistent diet and exercise, but better than gaining!

Today, I'm following my WW points, attending a WW meeting, and getting my butt on the treadmill for at least an hour!

Diana3271
11-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Larry Yes, you know what I mean. It's also funny ie: we need a sense of humor to deal with this mess. ;) Yay for your 2 pounds! :carrot:

Itsmyturn Great job on the .4! I forgot to ask about what your meals were that you made in advance.

Dana I agree! Keep the focus on the positive!

Moondance Welcome back! I am glad to be back to my regular schedule. I swear my breakfast even tasted better this morning. Odd thing is tha I ate the same thing while I was off work. Why did it taste better this morning? :dunno: :lol:

Rebecca Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: Congrats on the 7 pounds. A good friend of mine has been doing WW. She is actually eating more food than she was before and she has lost close to 25 pounds! WW's is a great program.

ItsMyTurn
11-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Diana - We had leftover turkey, so put it together in a homemade stew (enough for 2 meals), and then I did a pork roast and veggies (enough for one meal), then did a chicken...so I can use the meat in a quick stir fry during the week. That will only leave one supper that my DH has to cook in an evening, and he is off Wednesday night and Thursday... so works out perfectly :D

Rebecca - Congrats on the lost pounds already. Have heard good things on WW. I can't imagine doing an hour on treadmill when I first started...that's awesome!

Diana3271
11-28-2011, 12:54 PM
ItsMyTurn Those meals sound delish! :drool:

Ok, I'm bummed! I have piles of mail to deal with. I don't wanna! :tantrum:

Diana3271
11-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Berry How are you doing today?

KaylaChristine
11-28-2011, 01:38 PM
dana813 - Congrats on the first 10 lbs!

Rebecca8 - Congrats on the 7lbs! I've never done WW, not enough spare cash, but I'd love to try it one day!

Haven't had a chance to weigh myself in a couple days. I'm so glad all the awful thanksgiving food is out of the house now! Now I can fully commit, continue, and focus on eating healthy and exercising more.

2 more lbs. until I my first 10 lbs. and only 3 lbs. until I hit my first goal :D Can't wait!

ruth135
11-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

So I haven't been on here for about three weeks, since our vacation. I did well on the first half of vacation but not so good on the second half. I didn't weigh for six days after we got back because I prefer to not see how much I gain after something like that. I was only a .4 up and two days after that I was at a new low, so I was pretty excited. Wednesday before Thanksgiving I was 159.8 but I haven't weighed since then. Of course I ate too much on Thanksgiving. Then on Friday, which I had planned to do really well, we went black friday shopping and ended up eating at Olive Garden. It was delicious but I'm sure it didn't help matters. We only got soup and salad but I ate some breadsticks. Saturday I think I did well, but yesterday I didn't. I did eat lots of veges but also had fruitcake and ice cream. Then last night I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with milk, it was too much.
And four days without exercise is not good. Today I'm back on track but TOM showed up last night. Cramps were horrible earlier, I almost cried. I got in the jacuzzi for a while and that helped some but I still feel terrible. Hopefully I feel good enough later to get in a walk on the treadmill.

Hope everyone has a great day!

shishkeberry
11-28-2011, 02:04 PM
:wave: I'm back on track today. Today is day 17 of no cigarettes and I've been maintaining. Still hovering right around 230.

Diana3271
11-28-2011, 02:05 PM
KaylaChristine Great job on getting so close to your goals. You will do it.

Ruth Hi and Welcome Back! :wave: It doesn't sound like you did too bad, overall. Great job on getting right back on track!

Diana3271
11-28-2011, 02:07 PM
:wave: I'm back on track today. Today is day 17 of no cigarettes and I've been maintaining. Still hovering right around 230.

Shishkeberry Awesome on still being smoke free! :bravo: Nothing wrong with maintaining right now! How are you feeling without the cigarettes?

shishkeberry
11-28-2011, 02:16 PM
I feel good...the same? Not sure! :lol: I'm proud of myself but I haven't noticed any difference. It's easier to say no to them now. Last night I realized that I ate dinner and I didn't even think about a cigarette for almost an hour. I keep reading cigarette horror stories to keep from slipping. It really does help. I just hope I quit soon enough to avoid permanent damage.

ItsMyTurn
11-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Diana - Sometimes I avoid the mail like the plague too. Would rather do laundry than mail

Kayla - You are right around the corner to your goal!!! Great job!

Ruth - None of that sounds too bad, just maybe some water retention; I am betting it won't take anything to bounce from that :) I think a bunch of us have been way too busy to check in as often as we like laterly... but I am trying to make more effort and hope you get a chance to as well...sometimes just so hard with "life" :)

shish - Yay!!!!! Great job staying smoke free!!!! To be able to maintain while doing something so major is HUGE! :cheer: Super happy for you!!!

redballoon
11-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Well, I've derailed something awful, pigged out on junk food last night and I'm horribly bloated and just feeling....well, about the same as I did when I was really trying and not seeing any results. So, I don't know, I think I'll just try to do things differently this time. And, the big difference is going to be NOT hanging out with people. I don't know what it is about me but I attract people and animals who do NOT treat me well. They treat no one well, because they're messed up. I guess I am the only one who tries to be nice to them but, naturally catch the flak of their problems, whether it's trauma from abuse (cat peeing all over my room) or a horse (have a huge bruise where he bit me last week on my arm, luckily through several layers, or people who have drinking or mental problems and lay into me or spread lies about me. Anyhow, it's NO wonder something as small as wanting to get some weight off just succumbs to the stress.
In any case, I AM going to take care of me and I do know how to do that...wish me luck. :^:

berryblondeboys
11-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Berry How are you doing today?

Doing Ok. Still sort of in a funk, but I'm feeling a wee bit better. Today I ran errands, volunteered at the little guy's school and then raked for 4 hours. I'm beat. I've now filled 60 bags, raked the side yard leaves (about 10-15 bag's worth) to the side of the house where I plan to put a flower bed next year - so getting it a head start with killing the grass. And then raked around the front yard by the tree and I ran out of daylight. I have about 8 bags to bag up there and then I still have the area under the bushes by the deck which will be another 10-15 bags. Good grief - that's 90-100 bags of leaves in my yard only and we've spent 15 hours on it already!!!

Eating wise I'm good for today. I sure do hope I see a drop on the scale tomorrow as I've burned over 1300 calories just with raking!

OK, now to make dinner.

Larry H
11-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Only 873 calories today so far. I may have something small later. Right now I am not hungry. 365 mg sodium today. :D:carrot::D

Rain and drizzle today almost all day. Well at least I don't have to shovel it. :D

Larry,

Diana3271
11-28-2011, 07:54 PM
Hi Everyone!

Shishkeberry Maybe you didn't smoke long enough to have any lingering effects. My Mom smoked for 40+ years when she decided to quit. I think she had a rough time in the beginning. I'm glad things are going smoothly for you and hope it continues.

Itsmyturn The mail from the Christmas holidays (when we go out of town) makes me nuts! It gets delivered with these huge bands around it. :lol: This is the mail from our business. At home it's not bad. How did dinner go? I hope the transition with your DH going back to work goes well.

Redballoon Sorry about all of that stress. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Berry You did a lot of work today! Great job on your eating. I feel so bloated right now! It's crazy. Hopefully this will clear up soon for the both of us.

Larry Look at those sodium numbers! Great job! The water weight has no option but to leave.

Diana3271
11-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Total Approx 1360 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (620 calories)
bread w/butter 160 calories
6 ounce sirloin 260 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

ItsMyTurn
11-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Redballoon - Definitely time to take care of you ;) You can do it!!!! :cheer:

Shish - Wow that is a TON of raking!!!! I would be so sick of it that I wouldn't want to see another rake for ayear! :lol: Great calorie burn though

Larry - I am with you on not wanting to shovel. I did my share over the years, and cleaning off the cars, and chipping ice off the roof... needless to say, one of the perks to living where I do now - that is all behind me now :)

Diana - Supper was yummy. It took me a few years to get it to taste right without a bunch of sodium in it, but have gotten it down pact :) I also got on the elliptical tonight after eating... tried a new workout program setting. It is the Interval for the mid-section... I had to slow down a bit in the middle of it as my heart rate was ticking in at 180 and with my issues I am not supposed to go over 165... but I didn't realize it until I put the pulse reader on... my bad. I finished and never stopped though, so I am super proud of myself!!!!

Hope everyone has a super night!!!!

berryblondeboys
11-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Just took a hot bath to help with a bit of the achy arm/shoulder muscles and I stepped on the scale... I'll see a drop tomorrow. That is something at least. Not enough, but at least in the right direction!

Night All!

shishkeberry
11-28-2011, 11:57 PM
Sorry but that wasn't me with the raking! :lol: my yard doesn't have any trees!

solarplant
11-29-2011, 01:02 AM
@shishkeberry YAY for 17 days of being cigarette free! Woo!

@redballoon Good luck! I say get rid of toxic people in your life if you can and 100% do what you need to do for you. Also don't feel bad about your derailment, just get back on the track today and remind yourself how icky you felt. I would write it down to remind yourself.

@Larry yay for low sodium today! I had to start counting sodium for my boyfriend (blood pressure), and lowering the amounts for when I cook, it's just ridiculous how easy sodium adds up.

I was talking to my boyfriend a few days ago about how excited I get at the beginning of the week because to me every new week is a new opportunity to solve some kind of mini goal or even just, the fact that you can start fresh. He said he doesn't think of his life in weeks! Ah, I get excited that tomorrow is Tuesday and that means rowing class, or I get excited that I get to tally up the number of miles I ran in one week. (Not many miles but I still like seeing the number!)

Today, I went to body conditioning class and was able to do some weights. Afterwards, I ran one mile on the treadmill. I was planning on doing 2-3 miles but my knee hurt so I just stopped at one. I guess I need slightly more time to recover from my races.

Food wise, I have been eating a larger breakfast (egg, turkey bacon, toast) the last 2-3 days, and going light on lunch (just fruit, or fruit / yogurt) . Dinners have been normal-ish or smaller portions of normal food. Three nights ago I made spaghetti with meatballs, last night I made chinese lemon chicken, and tonight, I made lomo saltado (peruvian stir fry). Tomorrow is enjoy leftovers and prep for an important meeting I have Wednesday.

I still haven't decided which job to take. I have an important meeting Wednesday and I should hopefully know at the end of the day more details to help me decide! (Medium sized corporate vs start up)

Also I finally hit 25 pounds lost! Only a few more pounds to the half way point!

Anyway, bed time, I hope everyone has an awesome start to Tuesday. :)

mamakat
11-29-2011, 06:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Another early morning for me. Not sure why, but brain is waking up at four and once it starts, I might as well too :)

Solarplant congrats on the 25lbs lost, that's awesome.

Shish I'm so proud of you. I know this is hard for you, I remember the time my mom tried quitting, wow, she was a whole 'nother woman. She lasted 2 weeks and she gained a lot of weight. But it was far too late for her. You are doing so much for yourself and your children...:hug:

6am all the alarms go off, it's funny. One sounds like a ticking time bomb.

Berry when you said you had a lot of raking to do, I never imagined it would be this much. Wow. I'm glad you got that hot bath in, your body probably needed it badly. ooh and a massage would be nice too, huh? :D

ItsMyTurn wow, nice job on new routine. It must have been a good one, if you had to slow down because of too high of a pulse. Usually we have to kick it up a notch. By the way, in no way does my DD's hair look natural. She looks straight out of a warning article on kids and signs of depression or rebellion. BUT she didn't get sent home yesterday. Which totally ticks me off that DS was sent home on last day of his school year in that stinking school. He was threatened with not being able to walk with his class if he didn't fix his hair. JERKS...guess, I wasn't the only one who had to be pulled into that office. Time are changing, so is hair! And I don't have any so I like playing with theirs :lol:

redballoon something I'm learning in therapy (which I admittedly hate :)) is that we have to learn how to take care of us. I tend to not care or care to much for others...and most every relationship I have ever been in has been toxic (:lol: sometimes its me OK most times) but I have never learned how to "mother" me. This is the only thing I have done for myself and I like that I'm the one that has control over this, no one else. I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to me (I don't like others to lord over me). I think that's why I have been so successful this time. My mentality is I'm doing this for me because I deserve it and no one else can either give me this or take it away. It's very empowering.

So two new NSVs for me. One: I just walked to DS's room (to wake him up) with my snuggie on. It now goes all the way around, my butt used to hang out before :p

And two: yesterday after the shrink, DS and I hit Savers as they have pretty decent stuff for 5 bucks or less. I have lost a pant size so fast my head spun. I was using 20s for when my 18s were dirty and I was lazy. But they literally fall off now...like past pants :D Now the 18s are my lazy big pants as I'm definitely in 16s. I was squeezing in last week, but now I'm in easy enough. So I went on the hunt for 16s at Savers (alas they had none) and found a pair of 24s which is what I started in at the beginning of the year. I held them up and was shocked. You know how you don't think your losing because when you lose slow you don't really "see" a difference? Well, go to an old pair of pants and it brings reality home! Now I never allow fluorescent lighting pics and I need a color job bad (my hair looks awful). I also don't like full body shots even now, but I had DS take a pic so I could show my facebook friends (just DH's family and two childhood friends) the progress. It's a terrible shot of me looking awful, but I LOVE that picture because of the success it shows. What a very nice feeling.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

berryblondeboys
11-29-2011, 06:56 AM
Morning all - TTOM is here. Exactly on time for the first time in months. Wonder if my thyroid is getting better? Scale dropped a bit too. Now, off to shoo my teen out the door.

Diana3271
11-29-2011, 07:14 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a fantastic day!

Well, my body (water weight) isn't budging. I guess it will take a few more days. I had the pretzels on Sunday night. My body may have not liked the carbs that's in them, not just the sodium. Whatever it is, it's not happy right now. ;)

Tomorrow is my cut/color. So we will be eating at the Japanese restaurant. More sodium! :p

Weigh In: 147.8
No Change

Itsmyturn I didn't realize that ellipticals had a special program for the mid-section. Interesting! Do you feel it today in your mid-section? Great job for getting it done!

Solarplant Good luck with the decision making for the job! Congrats on the 25 pounds! :carrot:

Mamakat Congrats on the NSV's and smaller pant size! :carrot:

Berry Your thyroid may have thrown off your TTOM. I'm glad you had some movement on the scale. It sounds like it's all hormonal related.

redballoon
11-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Well, I feel better now. I decided late in the day to just have a binge and get it out of my system. The past few weeks have been physically and emotionally exhausting and I hope to put them behind me and start anew. Only this time I have learned something and it all connects to making a better life for myself. So, here's to the new and improved me!

Diana, thank you!

ItsMyTurn, thanks for the show of confidence!!

berry, hang in there!

solar, you're right. The toxic people have to either go or be kept at bay. And yes, I'm getting back on track. Writing it down is a good idea! :yes: Congrats on the weight loss! :cp:

mamakat, your post made a lot of sense. I may be the same or quite similar. Never really learned to "mother" myself. Well, I do and I don't. I'm more like a kid out playing all day but then has to come home and take care of the little kids because no one is around. :lol: I like the idea of being in control and doing things because I deserve it. That is one feeling I never really think of. "Deserving" has always felt like an excuse to do things that are not good for me because that's what the vast majority of people say. But if I think of doing the hard things I want to do but have, naturally, a hard time doing, as "deserving" it may help. Thanks for the advice! :yes: Congrats on the "all-round snuggie" :lol3: The image is too funny.....maybe more so the image of the not all-round snuggie! Ooops! Oh, I really hear you on the pants not fitting. I remember (I think I do) when pants hanging on me now were snug! Gads. I can't believe it. And congrats on the drop in size! "lazy, big pants." "past pants" I think I need to learn more English! :rofl:

mem7883
11-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi Chickies,

A few days Waaaay out of control, triggered by travel and being out of my routine, plus just one of those I-might-as-well-eat-it-all moments when I let in some foods I know are dangerous for me.

I have a big event coming up in about 10 days, am not looking to do some crash diet but certainly want to feel confident in my skin. Back to South Beach principles today!

So far, only coffee with steamed milk, but planning to eat very clean.

Thanks for the accountability!

TXMary2
11-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Yesterday my calories were 1289 and I exercised for 20 minutes straight. It was my first day back exercising and it was all I could muster. I am doing it again today!

Larry H
11-29-2011, 09:41 AM
My Thanksgiving water weight gain is continuing it's slow departure. Down another 2 pounds today. That leaves 8 pounds more to be back at the day before Thanksgiving weight level.

The rain has finally stopped so maybe I can go for that long delayed bicycle ride.

My DW is begging me to make Christmas sugar cookies today. I am thinking Great :dizzy: just what we need with me dieting and her being an insulin dependent type 2 diabetic. Yep, sugar cookies would be dangerous in this house.:D I have found a few recipes on line for sugar free sugar cookies and I am going to try and convince DW to let me make some for her to try. Here's hoping she will at least try them :?:

Larry,

shishkeberry
11-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Wow! The Thanksgiving weight is gone and it took some fat with it. I have a new low this morning of 227.8. When I saw that I actually had a double take and I had to weigh again because I didn't believe it. And most people gain weight when they quit smoking! Haha :carrot: :lol: i'm really happy today.

Moondance
11-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Happy Tuesday!

It seems I'm in one of the gully's of life right now. :kickcan: I'm having more problems with my teeth :tantrum: (and my dentist has to use more and more novicane because apparently my body is getting better at processing it and it doesn't last long enough), my job is not what was advertised to me when I accepted it in September so I'm not excited to come to work anymore, :mad: and my house is so chaotic (messy & dirty) from being gone for 5 months I feel overwhelmed with work to do when I come home. :stress: All of this has pushed out my usual joy in the Christmas season :candy:...then that makes me sad too. Add to it the two pounds I gained over Thanksgiving and I'm not a happy camper right now. :cry:

But I'm generally an optimistic person and I know this will pass. Best of all, it hasn't weakened my resolve to stay OP. I've come to realize that life has it's ups and downs, but that doesn't mean I can't stick with my eating plan. :D

Shishk: Congrats!!! :congrat: Two huge things to celebrate...17 days no smoking AND weightloss. OUTSTANDING!!! :woohoo:

Larry: Glad to hear your water weight is coming off. What would happen if you made the SF Sugar cookies and didn't tell your wife they were SF until after she ate one (and loved it)? :sssh: :lol: I haven't personally tried it, but you're supposed to be able to cook with Splenda. Try their website for recipes. I'll be interested to hear how they turn out! :stir:

Redballoon: Hopefully you won't get anymore binges in your system for quite awhile. :no: Today is as good as any to start anew! :yes: You can do it! :cheer2:

Diana: Maybe you should talk to Larry about losing the water weight! :rofl: You crack me up...Japanese food tonight?? Are you a glutton for punishment? :lol: I had Japanese Hibatchi (sp?) with my daughter a couple of weeks ago...YUM!!! :drool:

Mamakat: I too have a crazy image of you in that snuggie...more like a hospital gown (with no underwear...don't ask me why :joker:). But how exciting that you're now completely covered. How cool about those jeans!! I'm not there yet, but can't wait to be! It certainly helps the motivation to have your progress illustrated like that! :goodscale

Solar: I love your optimism. :love: You see hope and opportunity in every new day. I'm kinda like that too. I can look at the same horizon everyday and see it's beauty (it's different every time) and be excited about it. Good luck with the job decision. :goodluck: I'd forgotten you still haven't decided. Let us know when you do. What an exciting time for you! :carrot:

ItsMyturn: Wow! :eek: You're an exercising queen! :workout::tread::strong: WTG on stepping it up.

Rebecca: How's it going for you?? :goodvibes

Hi to anyone else I may have missed. :wave:

Gma4
11-29-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm new and trying to figure out how this works....bear with me

Gma4
11-29-2011, 03:19 PM
:^:I'm new and trying to figure out how this works....bear with me

Gma4
11-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Embarking on yet another journey to lose wt for good. I've had so many starts, lose, gain, and start again. I feel accomplished in many ways but this wt always makes me feel less than...now that is an oxymoron.

redballoon
11-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Well, it's the day after the binge and of course I feel awful. Allergies causing itchy eyes and runny nose and I am bloated with whatever fluids from the junk food and extremely sore from exercise yesterday that I don't normally do. Yeah, it's a great way to start the day! :^:
So, I'm wondering what all happened that I didn't see the kind of progress that knocked me off track or was it just the stress of life that finally caused me to cave in. I think it was the latter. I think, that, more than anything else is what causes the overeating in the first place. I, and I think I may speak for many here, just don't care that much about mere appearances. How could anyone in her/his right mind care about a few extra pounds? Really? Many cultures value being a bit hefty. I don't mean when it starts to cause health problems but before that. I wish I could find a philosophy that makes me do it despite not really valuing it that much. Or, if I had a goal that incorporated being lighter.... I could become a boxer or jockey where I had to make weight...hmmm. I don't know but being in Japan around all these tiny people is discouraging. I like to be different and that's what I am. Maybe I just have to try to be different in other ways. Sigh.

Well, one idea. I have been watching what other people eat and even though they may be thin, they don't look that healthy, that good. I keep thinking it's age and what happens after menopause but then again, perhaps not. They don't eat super healthy stuff. In fact, they eat a lot of processed sugar still, just don't eat much food overall.

So, maybe I could really go kind of crazy on the health food, eat more seaweed and fermented soybean paste (miso) and drink more vegetable juice and eat more brown rice like I used to. That's an idea that appeals to my warped mind.... :yes:

Ok, gotta little time here so...

mem, good for you. We're both starting anew!

TXMary, you can do it!! :strong:

Larry, stay away from the sugar cookies. They are certainly not good for either you or your wife. If sugarless is so unappealing, I wouldn't bother. Instead, perhaps you could come up with a very healthy new recipe, something that is not meant as a substitute for something but is great on its own, perhaps something exotic from a different culture.

shish, I am trying to stop smoking too. Good for you and congrats on the weight loss! :bravo:

Moondance, sorry to hear the job doesn't fit the hype. It usually doesn't. And the dentist...ugh. I'm amazed that despite everything you are still determined to stay on plan. Good for you! I will try to do the same..or rather, get BACK on plan...or maybe I should say MAKE a plan. Thanks for the support!

Gma, welcome and good luck!!! :welcome:

Diana3271
11-29-2011, 08:42 PM
How did your day go? Did you stick to your plan? Were you able to exercise?

Itsmyturn How was your day?

Berry Did you get lost in the leaves? ;) Have you put the Christmas pig out yet? How are you doing with the cravings? For some reason I am still having them. I have them at night after dinner, for some reason. It doesn't make sense. I ate off plan Thanksgiving and then I ate the pretzels on Sunday night. The only other thing is that I had bought some thin bagels and I have been using those up. They are only 10 calories higher than my regular english muffins. The big difference between them is the carb/sugar/fiber/protein content. My regular english muffins are higher in fiber/protein and lower in sugar. I don't know if that has made a difference with my cravings. I don't think I will be buying them again. They taste good, though. I will still with my healthy stuff from now on, thank you very much. :D

Redballoon I'm glad your head is in a better place today. Hang in there. Sometimes healthier foods, vegetables, etc have less calories. You might be able to include more of those since they are not as calorie dense.

TXMary Great job on the workout. Did you workout again, today?

Larry Congrats on the 2 pounds! How did the sugar cookies go?

Shishkeberry Congrats on the new low! :carrot:

Moondance Hang in there, you will get it all done. Maybe you could make a list of things you need to get done. I do this. It helps me keep my focus of what I need to get done. I also have to take a list to the grocery store. If I don't I will buy all kinds of things I don't need. :D Tomorrow is the Japanese restaurant. We go there once a month. I don't like going there, when I just came off a higher calorie day (Thanksgiving), etc. Hopefully I will start dropping some water weight, soon, though. I'm on plan and focused. I'm still in my maintenance range. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Gma4 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: Above the posts on the right side you will see a button called Thread Tools. Click on that. In the drop down box there is a button called Subscribe to this Thread. Click that to add a subscription. You will be able to access this thread at the top where it says Quick links.

shishkeberry
11-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Redballoon, there are a couple of sites that have helped me. Quit smoking message board and whyquit.net. They've been a huge help. Honestly I'm a little nervous at how relatively easy it has been for me. The first week was extremely hard, especially the first day, but it's almost effortless now. I'm almost waiting for the other shoe to drop. But once I realized that I am a junkie, not just someone with a bad habit, and that even one puff would be a relapse on par with shooting heroin, it has been much easier to say no. Reading the horror stories helps, too. Good luck to you!

Diana3271
11-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Total Approx 1340 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled Chicken 200 calories
Grilled Mahi 200 Calories
Steamed Asparagus 100 calories
Steamed Broccoli 100 calories

Exercise:
Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (lower body premix w/#10's + cardio)
TF Fire 45 EZ

mamakat
11-29-2011, 09:20 PM
I think the world might stop revolving. Today I had to go out and get new shoes (I walked a hole in my recent pair :)), turns out I was a 1/2 size smaller, hopefully this will help with the blister situation. :shrug: Anyway, I needed to clean out the garbage from my front seat and put away the bins. While hunched over picking up empty Burger King bags :p a stranger approached me. Turns out to have been my neighbor at the end of the block who was flooded during Irene.

He missed his bus and asked if I was going to Post Road (main road here). I really didn't have any set plans, just needed to go to "town" :) (I like saying that). I shrugged said "yeah, I'm headed that way." He asked if I could give him a ride. Here's the omen, I said yeah. I drove a stranger in my car! AND as I was headed into "town" I asked where he was headed in the long run. The mall...which is a few miles away from "town" :) I asked if he'd like me to take him all the way there. Say what? I have no idea what got into me. I have never ever ever ever done such a thing! We had a nice conversation, he thanked me and introduced himself, even shook my hand.

Like I said, tomorrow there will be no gravity. I wanted to give you guys a heads up :rofl: The therapist (in awful New Haven) was shocked. My DH was shocked. I'm still shocked. I think this one is going to go down into history books for me. Sometimes, I can be really nice :lol:

redballoon I like to be different too. I hate the idea of being 'normal' but I hate the idea of being the 'fat person'. I have way too many issues and this one I can actually work on. The rest are physical and mental things that I have no control over. But like I said, I like to be in control of me and this I CAN do...but I didn't do it over night and I struggled for a long time to get that power. Don't beat yourself up, that's key. It takes a lot of time and effort and you know what? your worth it :)

Gma :welcome: glad to have you :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful night.

Diana3271
11-29-2011, 09:46 PM
mamakat If I wake up tomorrow morning on the ceiling, I will blame you. ;) Have a good evening! :D

berryblondeboys
11-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Mamakatthat is so awesome! And hey no gravity means i'll definitely see a drop in weight with the scale tomorrow!

Shishkeberry so awesome with the no smoking. Maybe you're feeling it's been too easy and have been kicking yourself for not doing it sooner? Doesn't matter. You are doing it and that is awesome. Now to make sure DF doesn't smoke in the house.

Low calorie day for me... About 1250. I just wasn't hungry. I did get the rest of the leaves bagged up before the rain hit. Tomorrow I'll do bodystep. For right now I've got some serious cramping going on. Not overly painful (like I used to get before I had kids on occasion), but icky feeling and I feel so full.... Yuck!

Eta. And TMI se b forewarned,,,, but I tried using the instead cup for TToM... I though maybe now that I'm thinner it might fit better without leaking. Nope. They just don't work well for me. Drats! I really hate TTOM it's only k owing it's good formmy overall health that I don't wish for it to be gone too soon.

shishkeberry
11-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Shishkeberry so awesome with the no smoking. Maybe you're feeling it's been too easy and have been kicking yourself for not doing it sooner? Doesn't matter. You are doing it and that is awesome. Now to make sure DF doesn't smoke in the house.

I think that's part of it. I wish I had done it sooner, but maybe it was like weight loss. I was just finally ready. No looking back once it was "my time". And no worries on DF...we've never smoked in the house. That's been a rule since day 1 of moving in together.

Diana3271
11-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Mamakatthat is so awesome! And hey no gravity means i'll definitely see a drop in weight with the scale tomorrow!

Hee Hee! I like that! Maybe that will work for me, too!

Berry TMI alert! I have thought about trying those, too, but have hesitated because of how heavy things are for me. Since losing weight, I am probably considered normal. I will just stick with my regular products. I'm glad you commented on it. You never know, so it's good to try new things.

ruth135
11-30-2011, 12:12 AM
Hi all :)

I felt a ton better today so I was able to exercise for over 50 mins on the treadmill. Yesterday I was only able to do about 23 mins because I got a throbbing headache, and I rarely get headaches. TOM just wanted me to rest I guess. My calories are a little low right now, around 1250. I got all my water in. I made an awesome dinner of bacon wrapped venison tenderloin, roasted winter veges, and salad. Everything was sooo good, and we still have plenty left for tomorrow.

Have a great night!

mamakat
11-30-2011, 06:32 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I told you something was going to happen. I lost another 1.6 pounds bringing me to my lowest weight in 12 years. Not yet at my 70lb goal, but with finally losing all that weight I gained back (still not sure how I gained :shrug: it in the first place) maybe now I might see 213 by next weigh in. What a whirlwind of good things for me this week, sometimes even good things can overwhelm :lol: I want to celebrate it by buying a wig but then I need to color my hair (which of course I do myself) and then I tell myself "if you're coloring why buy a wig?" You know what? Then I answer and say "because I want one" :p We go on for hours this way. The therapist reassured me, I do not have multiple personality disorder. :rofl:

moondance sorry things are not so good right now. I have never thought of work as something good :p DH loves being what he is, but hated working under someone so he started his own company up with two other guys. He isn't having any more fun than he did with the other companies. And he has to do lame jobs to keep money flowing. But on the brighter side, he does some cool jobs too (some he has to sign confidentiality contracts...that's cool huh?). So maybe in the future some good things will show up and it will even out or at least make the other things better to cope with. IDK I haven't worked an outside job in 19 years...and everyone is pushing me to get one. But I just want to stay in my snuggie with my hiney hanging out....:rofl: you crack me up!

Berry I don't have any girlfriends (OK or guy friends either :p) so when you mentioned the cup, I had all these questions...but alas it didn't work for you. I was never brave enough to venture out of my norm when it came to things like that. I am so thankful its all done with. This year as really been a wonderful year (as far as girly issues) I have really felt a true relief. But still am curious about stuff :lol: How did the scale treat you this morning? Hope I wasn't the only one who saw the gravity change :D

Diana Good morning, how was having coffee on the ceiling? Was it hard to drink or did you have it the same way they had tea in Mary Poppins? :lol: I can't believe I still remember that part in the movie...the laughter cracked me up. I love laughing and hearing others laugh...baby laughter is my all time joy. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Shish I'm proud of you...just want to say that once again. :)

Day three without DH. I had one meal yesterday. I finished off the turkey. I forgot to eat before leaving the house yesterday and then I was out for most of it. My therapist and I were having a tummy growling contest. If you can hear bellies grumbling in a therapy session, does that mean there's not enough talking going on? No, that was impossible...sit me down with someone who'll listen and I never shut up :rofl: That's how loud our tummies were! I will do better today (oath to self)

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

jomatho
11-30-2011, 06:36 AM
Wow! The Thanksgiving weight is gone and it took some fat with it. I have a new low this morning of 227.8. When I saw that I actually had a double take and I had to weigh again because I didn't believe it. And most people gain weight when they quit smoking! Haha :carrot: :lol: i'm really happy today.

Shisk, you are doing fantastic with both your weight loss and quitting smoking! Way to go, you should be so proud!

jomatho
11-30-2011, 06:38 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I told you something was going to happen. I lost another 1.6 pounds bringing me to my lowest weight in 12 years. Not yet at my 70lb goal, but with finally losing all that weight I gained back (still not sure how I gained :shrug: it in the first place) maybe now I might see 213 by next weigh in. What a whirlwind of good things for me this week, sometimes even good things can overwhelm :lol: I want to celebrate it by buying a wig but then I need to color my hair (which of course I do myself) and then I tell myself "if you're coloring why buy a wig?" You know what? Then I answer and say "because I want one" :p We go on for hours this way. The therapist reassured me, I do not have multiple personality disorder. :rofl:

moondance sorry things are not so good right now. I have never thought of work as something good :p DH loves being what he is, but hated working under someone so he started his own company up with two other guys. He isn't having any more fun than he did with the other companies. And he has to do lame jobs to keep money flowing. But on the brighter side, he does some cool jobs too (some he has to sign confidentiality contracts...that's cool huh?). So maybe in the future some good things will show up and it will even out or at least make the other things better to cope with. IDK I haven't worked an outside job in 19 years...and everyone is pushing me to get one. But I just want to stay in my snuggie with my hiney hanging out....:rofl: you crack me up!

Berry I don't have any girlfriends (OK or guy friends either :p) so when you mentioned the cup, I had all these questions...but alas it didn't work for you. I was never brave enough to venture out of my norm when it came to things like that. I am so thankful its all done with. This year as really been a wonderful year (as far as girly issues) I have really felt a true relief. But still am curious about stuff :lol: How did the scale treat you this morning? Hope I wasn't the only one who saw the gravity change :D

Diana Good morning, how was having coffee on the ceiling? Was it hard to drink or did you have it the same way they had tea in Mary Poppins? :lol: I can't believe I still remember that part in the movie...the laughter cracked me up. I love laughing and hearing others laugh...baby laughter is my all time joy. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Shish I'm proud of you...just want to say that once again. :)

Day three without DH. I had one meal yesterday. I finished off the turkey. I forgot to eat before leaving the house yesterday and then I was out for most of it. My therapist and I were having a tummy growling contest. If you can hear bellies grumbling in a therapy session, does that mean there's not enough talking going on? No, that was impossible...sit me down with someone who'll listen and I never shut up :rofl: That's how loud our tummies were! I will do better today (oath to self)

I will probably say it again over at MFP, but :congrat: to you for your new low, that is amazing. Here's a little :cheer: for you to get to your 70 pounds lost mark, we need some pictures!

ItsMyTurn
11-30-2011, 06:49 AM
Melissa - Nothing better than a hot bath sometimes

Shish - totally meant Melissa on that one, LOL! My bad :) See what happens when I am sitting on my butt all day? I end up not able to think by the end of the day, :lol: Totally great job losing weight during your quitting smoking... maintaining? I don't think so!!!! :)

solar - Excellent job on the 25 gone!

Mamakat - I LOVE the description of your DD's hair! :lol: Glad they are being a bit more relaxed with her then they did your DS though. Yay for the snuggie NSV, and SUPER yay for the pant size NSV!!!!! I wish you would post that picture here so we could see too :) You are right though, looking at the start really does put things into perspective

Diana - I have a Pathfinder elliptical by Nordic Track... It has programs to target lower body, mid-section, and upper body (which encompasses the whole body). It also has endurance settings (NOT for a beginner, dang, still can't get through that one :lol: ) and "training" settings. I prefer to do the target toning only cause they have more interval variations...and I don't ever choose the same one two times in a row :D

redballoon - yay for improved you!

Larry - I am sure you could find a good diabetic recipe online somewhere :) Look for the ones that are rated... that way you don't end up with a crap shoot on if they will be tasty enough to be worth the effort ;)

Moondance - Even the most positive of people can feel like their world is closing in with stressors/disappointments sometimes. It's all just a matter of regaining perspective, taking a breath, and chugging forward :) You can vent here to help - Lord knows we all do it occasionally ;) :hug:

I wasn't able to fit in the workout last night. Today, however, there will be nothing standing in the way. I don't have to stay late, I don't have to bring a coworker home... it will be just me and my car at the normal work release time... yay! So... strength training tonight :D In the meantime just have to try to get through work and keep my chin up :) Hope everyone is having a super OP day!!!!

Oh, on a side note: An update for those that know what is going on: My Amber's knee is starting to refill with fluid again. This is too soon after that surgery, so the doctor wants to see her - soonest we can get her in is next Wed. Her wrist has also inflated and been painful for her again, but I am treating that with prednisone, and her ankle and elbow are back to being painful. That poor girl, as soon as it seems we get something under control the rest of her falls apart. She is still mobile and trying to practice proper form on walking again though, so that's a plus. She is back on her chemo therapy and her infusion med, but it's only been the last couple weeks - not sure if this means they are ineffective, or just not enough time to work yet... please keep fingers crossed and/or prayers said (whatever your belief is)...as she can use all the positive karma you can send :) Anywho - hate taking up a lot of space with personal issues, but many of you knew of her knee surgery at beginning of school and how crucial that was...and were supportive, so wanted to update you

Diana3271
11-30-2011, 07:02 AM
Good Morning! :wave: I hope you have a fantastic day!

The scale has finally moved. Tonight is my cut/color appointment and the Japanese restaurant. :drool: Hopefully I don't bounce up too much tomorrow.

Weigh In: 147.4
Down: .4

I'll be back for personals later. Need coffee! :coffee2:

ItsMyTurn I will most definitely say a prayer! :hug:

Diana3271
11-30-2011, 07:07 AM
Anywho - hate taking up a lot of space with personal issues, but many of you knew of her knee surgery at beginning of school and how crucial that was...and were supportive, so wanted to update you

Itsmyturn Please take up all the space you need. Sometimes it helps to talk about things. It doesn't solve anything, (sometimes it does), but it can help to get it out and let it go for a moment. :hug: Also, stress, weight, weight loss/gain, etc all goes hand in hand.

IsabellaOlivia
11-30-2011, 07:17 AM
So....
Last night what absolutely did NOT happen was that I was awake at 3.30 am and was hungry. And furthermore what did NOT happen was that I got up, went to freezer and took out a pint of Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough Ice Cream. Subsequently I did NOT eat a large bowl of said Cooke Dough Ice Cream. I repeat the above mentioned scenario did NOT happen.

:o:o:o

berryblondeboys
11-30-2011, 07:29 AM
Mamakat see you must have affected the gravity somewhat as I have a 1.4 loss from yesterday to take me back below 175 again. Not down to my all time low yet, but getting closer to it. And I feel so much better getting below the 80 pound lost mark and the 100 total pounds gone.

Jomatho. Been missing you. Glad to see you posting this morning.

Ruth good job on the treadmill yesterday and coming in lower on calories even with a yummy meal.

Redballloon thin doesn't mean healthy and being post menopausal doesn't mean women have to look bad. It's so much about lifestyle. My mother in law has never had to worry about her weight. But she has so many health issues she could have avoided simply by a better diet and exercise. That motivates me so much more than looks - health!

Diana and Mamakat tmi alert!!! the cup in theory sounds great. Change once every 12 hours... And I'm not uncomfortable with touching my body, but it is messy even when it works fairly well. I was hoping it would work as things are fairly heavy late day 1 and early day 2 and I'm always afraid an accident will happen. Especially with exercise at the gym.

berryblondeboys
11-30-2011, 07:33 AM
I wasn't able to fit in the workout last night. Today, however, there will be nothing standing in the way. I don't have to stay late, I don't have to bring a coworker home... it will be just me and my car at the normal work release time... yay! So... strength training tonight :D In the meantime just have to try to get through work and keep my chin up :) Hope everyone is having a super OP day!!!!

Oh, on a side note: An update for those that know what is going on: My Amber's knee is starting to refill with fluid again. This is too soon after that surgery, so the doctor wants to see her - soonest we can get her in is next Wed. Her wrist has also inflated and been painful for her again, but I am treating that with prednisone, and her ankle and elbow are back to being painful. That poor girl, as soon as it seems we get something under control the rest of her falls apart. She is still mobile and trying to practice proper form on walking again though, so that's a plus. She is back on her chemo therapy and her infusion med, but it's only been the last couple weeks - not sure if this means they are ineffective, or just not enough time to work yet... please keep fingers crossed and/or prayers said (whatever your belief is)...as she can use all the positive karma you can send :) Anywho - hate taking up a lot of space with personal issues, but many of you knew of her knee surgery at beginning of school and how crucial that was...and were supportive, so wanted to update you

I am so sorry there is so much stressors going on. I knew about your daughter's knee, but chemo? Big hugs to you and her and my fingers are crossed.

mamakat
11-30-2011, 07:45 AM
Berry. I have to admit it was the messy part that made me squeamish. My mom used to yell at me b/c I was costing her a fortune with my 3-6 month TOMs. What she should have done was taken stock in Kotex :lol: besides it wasn't like I planned it that way to make her suffer...wow, what an idea. Suffer long debilitating TOMs to make mom suffer. :lol: and here I always thought I was a good and respectful child :rofl:

mamakat
11-30-2011, 07:56 AM
ItsMyTurn. Sending your DD all my best thoughts ((good vibes)). To her mommy, :hug:. I hope that she gets well and that maybe its just she needs to adjust to all the treatments. She sounds like a fighter, still walking and doing her best to keep proper form. Heck many adults would just say "screw it I've had enough" and lay in bed. Being aware and determined is always a good thing. Our bodies might say " no, no, I refuse" but having a mindset that says "you can refuse all you want, but I'll never surrender" is a hard battle and very few warriors win, but those who do become heroes. You DD is a hero. :)

Gma4
11-30-2011, 11:08 AM
;););)
Well, it's the day after the binge and of course I feel awful. Allergies causing itchy eyes and runny nose and I am bloated with whatever fluids from the junk food and extremely sore from exercise yesterday that I don't normally do. Yeah, it's a great way to start the day! :^:
So, I'm wondering what all happened that I didn't see the kind of progress that knocked me off track or was it just the stress of life that finally caused me to cave in. I think it was the latter. I think, that, more than anything else is what causes the overeating in the first place. I, and I think I may speak for many here, just don't care that much about mere appearances. How could anyone in her/his right mind care about a few extra pounds? Really? Many cultures value being a bit hefty. I don't mean when it starts to cause health problems but before that. I wish I could find a philosophy that makes me do it despite not really valuing it that much. Or, if I had a goal that incorporated being lighter.... I could become a boxer or jockey where I had to make weight...hmmm. I don't know but being in Japan around all these tiny people is discouraging. I like to be different and that's what I am. Maybe I just have to try to be different in other ways. Sigh.

Well, one idea. I have been watching what other people eat and even though they may be thin, they don't look that healthy, that good. I keep thinking it's age and what happens after menopause but then again, perhaps not. They don't eat super healthy stuff. In fact, they eat a lot of processed sugar still, just don't eat much food overall.

So, maybe I could really go kind of crazy on the health food, eat more seaweed and fermented soybean paste (miso) and drink more vegetable juice and eat more brown rice like I used to. That's an idea that appeals to my warped mind.... :yes:

Larry, stay away from the sugar cookies. They are certainly not good for either you or your wife. If sugarless is so unappealing, I wouldn't bother. Instead, perhaps you could come up with a very healthy new recipe, something that is not meant as a substitute for something but is great on its own, perhaps something exotic from a different culture.

shish, I am trying to stop smoking too. Good for you and congrats on the weight loss! :bravo:

Moondance, sorry to hear the job doesn't fit the hype. It usually doesn't. And the dentist...ugh. I'm amazed that despite everything you are still determined to stay on plan. Good for you! I will try to do the same..or rather, get BACK on plan...or maybe I should say MAKE a plan. Thanks for the support!

Gma4
11-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks....seems that I'm a bit challenged in replys but bet I figure it out

Gma4
11-30-2011, 11:18 AM
;);):D

Gma4
11-30-2011, 11:19 AM
thanks for the encouragement

berryblondeboys
11-30-2011, 01:13 PM
Girls you will totally get this. I went to try on some winter boots. First pair of ankle high slip on winter boots I couldn't even get my foot in (high arches). So then I see a zip up calf high boot. Feeling brave, I tried them on and the zipped up over my pants. They are made by Pajar. First. Time. Ever. To be able to wear such a boot. My current boots are men's ankle high boots that aren't even waterproof as that s all I could find to fit my feet and ankles and calves a couple years ago.

So, I now have some proper winter boots so now of course it won't snow this year.

Moondance
11-30-2011, 01:56 PM
So, I now have some proper winter boots so now of course it won't snow this year.

Come visit me...we're supposed to get snow tonight!:snowglo:

WTG on the NSV!!! I love shoes!!! :love:

Diana3271
11-30-2011, 03:04 PM
I would like to do my monthly recap:
November puts me in maintenance for 6 months.
The end of October was DH birthday and the fair. This caused an upswing on the scale for the beginning of the month.
I had a high calorie day for our 23rd anniversary
I had a high calorie day for Thanksgiving
I had all of these events going on and I stayed within or a little below my maintenance weight range.
Another month down and the rest of my life to go! ;) :D

IsabellaOlivia Well, if it did happen, today is a new day. Pick yourself up and move forward. We are not perfect. All we can do is learn from our past actions. :hug: If it didn't happen, well that's that whole gravity thing we've been joking about. :D

I knew about your daughter's knee, but chemo? Big hugs to you and her and my fingers are crossed.

Itsmyturn I didn't know about this either. I was thinking I must have missed something. I tend to do that when I get busy in the office. I agree with Berry. Sending the family a big hug. :grouphug: Saying a prayer, too.

ItsMyTurn. Sending your DD all my best thoughts ((good vibes)). To her mommy, :hug:. I hope that she gets well and that maybe its just she needs to adjust to all the treatments. She sounds like a fighter, still walking and doing her best to keep proper form. Heck many adults would just say "screw it I've had enough" and lay in bed. Being aware and determined is always a good thing. Our bodies might say " no, no, I refuse" but having a mindset that says "you can refuse all you want, but I'll never surrender" is a hard battle and very few warriors win, but those who do become heroes. You DD is a hero. :)

Mamakat I love the way you worded this to Itsmyturn and I agree. Reading this made my heart swell and brought tears to my eyes.

I would also like to say that I am envious of the way some of you put your thoughts to words. I have a difficult time doing this. It's in my heart and in my head, but it just doesn't come out right in my writing. I appreciate the way you are able to do this. So don't be offended if I quote you and say I agree. You have said it so much better than I ever could. :grouphug:

Gma Hi :wave: It's good to see you. Don't give up on the posting. It takes a while to figure things out. You will get it.

Berry Congrats on those boots! :carrot:

Moondance Hi :wave:

redballoon
11-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Good morning, everyone! :wave: I have to run now to get to the gym, 50 minute walk there and then want to do some weight training, then into the office today (3xweek gig). But I have a lot to do before I can get out. It's already 6:30 a.m.! But just wanted to say, thanks for all the support! I was great yesterday on all fronts. Even the no smoking. I was thinking how tough it was, feeling this fighting going on inside, wanting a cig and then I just thought, no, heck, it's NOT hard. I WANT to do this and I can...easily. Really, I mean, I do a LOT of things that are super hard. It must be my Leoine adolescent stubbornness but when I WANT to do something there's no stopping me. So, changing my thinking may be the trick. I am pysched. I may have found my mantra and found my way back to what was a much tougher me in past years!! Hurrah!! :dancer: :dance: :dancer:

Moondance
11-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Happy Wednesday!

Things are better today. Thanks everyone for your encouragement. :)

I'm taking my daughters to see the national tour of The Lion King tonight. We're so excited! :cb: The downside is restaurant eating. :eating2: Now that many places post their nutrition menu's online, I like to plan ahead of time what I'm going to order. Everytime, I'm so suprised! For example...the place we're going to tonight (Rock Bottom Brewery)...
Spinach Salad with Salmon: 1000 calories, 1879 mg sodium :eek:
Cicken Caesar salad: 959 calories, 2715 mg sodium :yikes:
Brewers Club sandwich: 1054 calories, 3115 mg sodium :yikes:
Cajun fish tacos: 1160 calories, 2530 mg sodium :yikes::fr::yikes::eek:
Grouper: 588 calories, 1464 mg sodium :eek:

And this doesn't count the sides that come with it. YIKES!

I have 586 calories to spend for dinner tonight. I'm going to get the Chicken Quesadilla from the appetizer menu (354 calories) and probably a cup of chili (194 calories).

Anyway...

BBB: What is this cup you speak of? :coffee2: I'll spare you all the mental picture I'm having with THIS one!

Isabella: So glad to hear that did NOT happen to you! :lol3:

Diana: A place where you could simultaneously eat Japanese and get a cut & color...now that would be something to talk about! :gossip: Glad to hear the scale is moving down! :cp:

MyTurn: I'll keep Amber in my prayers. :angel: And kick some booty on that machine tonight! :kickbutt:

MamaKat: Hello? Is that really you in there or are we in Stepford? You not only spoke to, but gave a ride to a stranger??? :?: You rock woman! :high: The lack of gravity might explain the 2 pound overnight loss I had. Hope you've been eating properly today! :hun:

Ruth: Sorry about the headache! :headache: Your dinner sounds great though! :drool:

Shisk: Hey, don't question the process. :lol3: Count yourself lucky if you're having a relatively easy time of it. Sounds like this may be the one that sticks!!! :broc:

RedBalloon: Yes...get right back on plan!!! Don't delay!! You can do it! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Gma4: Welcome! :welcome2:

Larry H
11-30-2011, 07:18 PM
mamakat Congrats on the loss!! :carrot:

shishkeberry Congrats on the loss while giving up smoking!! :carrot: That is awsome!:D:D

On plan today at 1452 calories.

I ended up making the sugar cookies at the DW's request today but I used Sun Crystals in place of the sugar. Sun Crystals are a blend of sugar and Stevia. The cookies came out to 93 calories each and I did not try them. My DW tried one said it was good but not as sweet as she had hoped for.

DW also asked me to make chocolate chip cookies. I found a high rated recipe on line called "Diabetic Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies" I used Stevia in the Raw and they turned out at 53 calories each. The double chocolate in the name comes from the fact that in addition to semi sweet chocolate chips they use Hershey's Cocoa in the batter. My DW and I each tried one of these and they really taste great and have a very good texture. All cookies are now safely frozen to prevent either of us from eating them on a whim.

I did not weigh myself today but if trips to the bathroom are any indicator I must have lost more of that water weight today. I will know for sure tomorrow.

Larry,

Diana3271
11-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Hi Everyone!

I am back to feeling gorgeous! :rofl: I love getting my hair cut/colored.

Redballoon I'm glad to hear yesterday was a good day for you. Hang in there. It's tough trying to stop smoking and diet at the same time. One is bad enough! ;) You can do it though.

Moondance I'm glad your day was better. I eat out all the time. I have found, the best things to order are grilled protein (chicken, steak, fish, etc) and steamed vegetables. You can even order a grilled chicken sandwich, no bun. Instead of french fries/chips you can order the steamed veggies. Salads and sandwiches tend to be higher in calories.

Larry What is the difference between Sun Crystals and Stevia in the Raw?

Diana3271
11-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Total Approx 1540 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories + :yikes: sodium :yikes:)
Fried rice 400 Calories
Teriyaki Beek 400 calories

Exercise:
Cathe's Cardio Kicks w/weighted gloves

Larry H
11-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Larry What is the difference between Sun Crystals and Stevia in the Raw?

Stevia in the Raw is a natural sweetener made from the Stevia Plant and it has zero calories. For cooking and baking 1 cup = 1 cup of sugar.

Sun Crystals are a mix of sugar and Stevia. 1/2 cup = 1 cup of sugar and it has 20 calories per teaspoon.

shishkeberry
12-01-2011, 02:10 AM
redballoon good for you! Yay, someone else is quitting, too! We can do this!

moondance I love it that places have their nutrition facts online. I can check them out on my phone before I order. Isn't the internet great? :lol: How was the quesadilla and chili?

Larry Those sugar cookies sound really good. Too much chocolate in the other ones for me! :lol: I need to get some stevia. It sounds like that would be great for when I have Rice Chex. I don't use granulated sugar all that often anyway. I hope some more of that water is gone for you tomorrow!

Today was a day. Ha! Pretty boring. I was up .4 this morning but I'm not stressing about it.

We're getting our Christmas tree this weekend but I'm not sure where we're going to put it. My daughter is an explorer and I can't think of what to do with the tree so she doesn't tear it down. I suggested putting it behind the couch until Christmas morning but DF doesn't even want to hear of it. But what else are we going to do, I asked? He doesn't know. :lol: It will probably end up behind the couch. I wish I could find a new tree topper. We didn't have a lot of time to look for one last year and I'm just not happy with it. I looked at Walmart and Target's selection and I don't like theirs, either. Where else would I go to look?

Diana3271
12-01-2011, 06:01 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Welcome to a new month!

I am up an hour early this morning. I have the Terminix guy coming to the house to do the yearly termite inspection. I also have AT & T coming to the house this morning to do a modem upgrade. I negotiated better service for a cheaper monthly price. Hopefully everything still works when they all leave. ;)

Weigh In: 148.6
Up: 1.2 pounds

shishkeberry Do you have a K-Mart in your area? You could look there. Another place is Dollar General. I went there the other day to get a calendar (for my Mom) and a workout journal for me. I was surprised at all of the Christmas decorations. They had some really cute stuff, too.

mamakat
12-01-2011, 06:29 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Well to answer Moondance's question...yep, I got enough food in me yesterday :) DH came home from wherever he went and picked up Chinese food for us. DS was craving it...he doesn't "crave" food so we indulge him when he does. I had enough for 2 last night, it was so good. My breakfast was a bar and lunch was meatballs and peppers (DH's take on sausage and peppers) so my calories were higher than norm as well as the carbs as I had mu shu w/ the pancakes ((yummy)). So hopefully to counter attack that calorie/carb fest, I will walk (weather permitting).

Diana I got around to coloring my hair yesterday too. No hair cut though. I styled it afterwards and it looked good. I swear my hair likes the color chemicals, it always does what I want it to when it's freshly colored. I'm back to being a redhead, yay:) I haven't seen my natural color since 15 :D

Shish Here's where baby training comes in. :lol: No such thing when it comes to xmas trees. My mother was staunch in training us kids "don't touch". I think she invented training just to whack me :p But seriously babies love to touch things. I wouldn't buy anything expensive for awhile for the tree. My son's first xmas he just stared like it was too beautiful to touch, but I didn't mind if he did. The topper we had was an antique (family hand me down) so I didn't put her on til the last day (later I tossed her out with all the bad memories...stupid, as I could have sold her!) Is your tree real? The plastic ones aren't heavy, but the ornaments, if glass can break if it fell over. Can you anchor it? If it's against a wall you can use twine/rope in two spots and anchor it to a wall. The more you hide things, baby become more curious. The more its a part of life they learn fast even without "whacking" :D Good luck.

Moondance I'm glad the gravity change worked for you :) I knew something would be different yesterday, I just didn't know HOW different :)

Redballoon Mantras are great to have. Just chanting them helps you remember what you are doing. My mantra is from Christine Agulera (sp) "You are beautiful, no matter what they say, words can't bring you down." I'll sing it to my daughter too when she starts getting down. :)

OK I can't see any more post so I can't remember them. I'm going to say hello to all :wave: hi all :D

I hope you all have wonderful and healthy day!

jomatho
12-01-2011, 06:52 AM
Larry, I use stevia to sweeten things like drinks, smoothies, etc, but have never baked with it (of course, that would require me to bake). Are you sure it is a one to one ratio like splenda is? I find stevia really sweet, I can't even add a whole individual packet to my smoothie for instance, usually like 1/4 to 1/2 is plenty. Also where do you find stevia in bulk like that? I have found little packets and have found a little shaker bottle, but not like a whole box for baking. I haven't looked in a while either though, what I bought has lasted a long time. Just curious for future reference. I like stevia and it's natural properties.
Oh, I didn't think of this, but I made honey mustard dipping sauce last night to go with copycat Alice Springs Chicken (Outback). The dipping sauce recipe I used last night called for sugar and honey, very sweet. I probably should have replaced at least the sugar part with stevia, but a couple tablespoons stevia sounds like sooooo much, what do you think?

redballoon
12-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Quick post before bed. I want to turn in early so I can get up and hit the gym. This morning I made it but only had 30 minutes! Still, I thought, it was better than nothing and because of the long walk there certainly helps. I hadn't been there in over a week! I could feel the weakness in my muscles already.
Anyhow, I did pretty well today. I SO wanted to smoke but somehow didn't. I was really annoyed with myself because I kept arguing with myself....go ahead and smoke, no, don't, yes, do, it's not ok, it IS ok....blah blah blah ad nauseum. Somehow, I got distracted with things to do when I got home (ALWAYS my worst time) and then the main urge was gone. Then, as long as I can go to bed I'm OK.
A smoker at work asked if I wanted to go down to the smoking area with her but I said I had work to do. Actually, I never smoked in the office, only when out drinking or at home, but the smoking area stinks so if I go there to just chat with her when she's smoking my clothes end up reeking. So, I really don't want to do that.
Anyhow...take it day by day and slog on! :yes:

Well, I don't have time for everyone, but here goes a bit...

mamakat -- That's a nice mantra. Similar to "sticks and stones..." but prettier! :lol: So, I guess my mantra is "I can do this. It's not so hard." That is said with a shrug and little pout. (Of course it's hard but we won't let on...gotta be an actress!) It's kind of like that old charity saying...what was it Easter Seals or something, "He's not heavy, he's my brother." Anyone know that? Is it still around?

shishkeberry -- I love your name, by the way! I don't know about you but of course the health thing isn't what does it. I quit once for 15 years but started about 3 years ago during a VERY stressful time at my old job when I became a manager. That's behind me and I do kind of want to get back running and I can't run if I'm smoking. That is just too sick. By the way, I LOVE Stevia. I bought a really good kind form the States. It is very sweet but you get used to just using a tiny bit. I bought a big container as well as packets. The packets I take to work or always keep with me. That way I can really get a sweet fix without the calories or bad effects of processed sugar or artificial sweeteners. Stevia, being totally natural is amazing. I know the reason it hasn't caught on or been totally sanctioned is because of big business wanting to keep the little plant trodden on! :cry:

Diana -- Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking the same, thinking I would first lose weight and then stop smoking but the exercise really helps with losing weight and I just can't think of myself as an athlete (and I will!! ;) ) if I'm smoking.

Larry -- Great compromise on the cookies and good for you for NOT eating them!! If your wife doesn't think they're sweet enough just up the Stevia next time. However, it is not really the sweetness. There is a difference between processed sugar and anything else. They say the chemical change and its effect on the body is like crack! So, no wonder we're junkies.

Moondance -- Yes, back on plan for today! Wow, those menu options sound awful as far as calories and sodium goes. Whenever I'm in the States I always take half home. The portions are huge :eek: and it's uncomfortable to eat it. You see, I'm a grazer so I still get the calories in. I just do it over a longer period of time. Still, you could probably ask them to hold a lot of the sauces on those salads. Most of the calories comes from the dressings which are super high. They may have a low-cal option or you can take a little container yourself. Good luck!

berry -- Hurrah for your boot victory!!
:woohoo:

Gma4 -- Challenge is good! It means you're trying and that's a success in itself!! How are you doing? :listen:

ItsMyTurn -- Thanks! I'm working on the improvement. Did you get the workout in?

Hello to Ruth, jomo, Isabella, all others!! :wave: May your day be a good one!!
From Tokyo, good night...and good luck. ;)

:snowglo:

jomatho
12-01-2011, 07:06 AM
One year ago today I began this journey.

One year ago today, I weighed 230# and I decided enough was enough and I got on my treadmill and ran 2 miles (veeeeerrrry slowly).

One year ago today, I had no idea what my plan was and how I was going to lose the weight, but I knew I had to do it.

One year ago today, if you had told me I would still be at it a year from then, I probably would have laughed in your face.

One year ago today, I still couldn't find anything in my closet I wanted to wear, but it was the opposite, everything was too snug, I hated that.

One year ago today, I got out of breath going the two flights from the basement to the upstairs carrying laundry, now I trot up while tightening my tush for a little extra burn.

There is so much more, but I think you get the picture.

It is pretty surreal to me that I have stuck to this for a year. Of course, I have had my ups and downs, but here I am still battling. I never would have dreamed it would take me this long to lose the weight. Honestly, by my calculations, I thought I would be done in the beginning of October and I think that has been the hardest part for me, but I just keep making the best decisions I can, and getting back up when I stumble.
My goal for the next year is to be able to say very similar things next year, but by next year I had better be at goal!!!!!
I will take some measurements today and post some of my stats to get them down in black and white and give me the little boost I need right now.

berryblondeboys
12-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Jo, congrats to a great year. Please don't feel discouraged. Losing over 55 pounds in a year is a pretty great achievement! That is over a pound a week!!! And don't compare to anyone else. I had more to lose than you so at first the weight came off fast and easy. The less you need to lose, the slower the losses come.

And it's not all about weight and how we look. It's about health and fitness. Who cares if you look good if you were still huffing and puffing up the stairs? The improved fitness is what is going to keep you healthier longer.... Be
Proud today and yes, take measurements and whatever else you need to get over this hump. You are doing great!

KaylaChristine
12-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Just a quick check in! Hopefully I'll have time to do personals later. :D

I've noticed something about myself. I will hit my 'lowest' weight and then the next few days it will spike up 2-4 lbs., then it will ease down and I'll hit my next lowest without ever seeing the previous lowest weight--I'll just kind of skip over it and not see it. My weight doesn't do the steady decline, it just kinda jumps. This morning I weighed 159, and I bet I won't see 158 again before I hit 157 :p It probably just varies like that because of water retention, but I was just wondering if anyone else is like this?

Also, I've noticed I'm a LOT less hungry throughout the day if I don't eat breakfast. I tend to eat more when I've had breakfast. Anyone else like this?

ItsMyTurn
12-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Diana - It was more of an update than of venting off...we have gotten pretty used to things being in the air, but thank you very much for the well wishes :)

Melissa - Thank you so much. She does the chemo therapy paired also with a regime of biologic medicine to help combat the confused cells. Methotrexate is the chemo she takes and the first time she was on it, it would knock her down hard...this time around it doesn't seem to be quite as bad, but we do it on the weekend to help not interfere with schooling. It is questionable if the new stuff is working though, as her knee, wrist, and elbow are all fluid filled again... she sees the doctor Wed, so will get his take on it. Super yay on the boots!!!! What an amazing feeling!!!!!

Mamakat - Thank you so much , your words mean a lot. Amber is a fighter, has had to be from day 1 of her life (born at 24 1/2 wks gestation). She is a hero to me, that's for sure... strong character. So I saw that pic of you with the pants... holy difference!!!! You should be so proud and doing a major happy dance with the evidence of how far you have come being right

Moondance - Thanks for the prayers. How was the Lion King? Sounds like an amazing time!!!!

Larry - way to go on the cooking :) I am glad you found online recipes. I am better the water weight is leaving too :)

shish - I love the day the tree gets in the house :) Do you have a Christmas Tree Shop near you? That's where I got a gorgeous one

Redballoon - I wasn't able to fit in a full workout on the machine (something came up, surprise).... but I sure did get a core workout in with my crunch series... so still felt accomplished :) Great job on the no smoking

Jo - You are doing wonderful!!!! Happy Anniversary to making the best decision for YOU ever! :) Look at how far you have come, all of those triumphs in only a year's time!!!!! Super yay!!!!

Kayla - I only do weekly weigh ins now due to the fact that my scale jumps, and I was not convinced there was movement at all in a down direction when doing it daily. So yea... it bounced a bunch like yours, but my psyche couldn't take it and I went to once a week (twice on a good week when I feel like I have progressed and feel a difference).

Larry H
12-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Larry, I use stevia to sweeten things like drinks, smoothies, etc, but have never baked with it (of course, that would require me to bake). Are you sure it is a one to one ratio like splenda is? I find stevia really sweet, I can't even add a whole individual packet to my smoothie for instance, usually like 1/4 to 1/2 is plenty. Also where do you find stevia in bulk like that? I have found little packets and have found a little shaker bottle, but not like a whole box for baking. I haven't looked in a while either though, what I bought has lasted a long time. Just curious for future reference. I like stevia and it's natural properties.
Oh, I didn't think of this, but I made honey mustard dipping sauce last night to go with copycat Alice Springs Chicken (Outback). The dipping sauce recipe I used last night called for sugar and honey, very sweet. I probably should have replaced at least the sugar part with stevia, but a couple tablespoons stevia sounds like sooooo much, what do you think?

Stevia Extract in the Raw is the name on the big green bag and I buy it at Walmart Super Stores.

On the bag it says "Stevia Extract In The Raw is excellent for cooking and baking because it measures cup for cup just like sugar"

It also says on the package that "Stevia Extract In The Raw cup for cup may be used in all of your favorite hot or cold beverages."

Larry

redballoon
12-01-2011, 05:26 PM
I think I have the same problem. Odd....

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/darksecret59/retain.jpg

Moondance
12-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Happy Thursday.

Geez, I've been coming here and reading all day and just realized I hadn't posted anything!

Lion King was incredible...a visionary feast! I had the chicken Quesidilla and a side of brocolli at the restaurant. The whole evening was super!

I'm headed out the door so I don't have time for personals...but know I've been reading about all of you. I'll post tomorrow for sure.

Stay OP everyone!

:tree:

mamakat
12-01-2011, 06:12 PM
redballoon :rofl: that's hysterical. Hope you have a great day today :)

moondance glad you enjoy your evening of dinner and a show. :)

Well, I am tired. I got some great shots today on my walk. I love where I live, it's so beautiful. I took shots of the water/beach and as I hit the boardwalk, a beautiful young buck (truly a deer :p) was grazing on the edge of the woods. I took several shots of him, looking right at me. I was so close.

I finished my walk nearly 20 mins shorter than the last few times. Why I'm walking faster, I don't know. I haven't walked since Sunday and it wasn't as far as today :shrug: so I tacked on another couple of hills and ended up going 10 mins over time...which is great. Hopefully I can repeat tomorrow...weather depending.

I hope you all enjoy your evening :D

Diana3271
12-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Berry How was your day?

Redballoon I have had those same conversations with myself over food. Addictions are horrible. I'm glad you stayed strong! Love the cartoon! :rofl:

Jomatho Congratulations on your year! I think you have done an awesome job!

KaylaChristine If I lose a couple pounds, my weight will bounce back up a little.

Itsmyturn Hi! :wave: How was your day? Are you ready for the weekend? You know I am. :carrot:

Moondance I'm glad you had a wonderful evening.

Mamakat It sounds like you had a wonderful day.

Larry Hi :wave:

Diana3271
12-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 400 Calories
6 Grilled Shrimp 100 calories
2 orders collard greens 200 calories

Exercise:
Crunch Total Resculpt w/#5's, #8's, and #10's
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves

shishkeberry
12-01-2011, 10:03 PM
mamakat I'm glad you finally got some food in you! Ugh, baby training, yeah right! This girl of mine is a rebel. She can't be tamed. You say "no" and try to redirect and she laughs at you. And goes right back to what she was doing. :lol: I see lots of broken bones in her future.
I don't know about anchoring the tree, that might be something to look into. We're pretty traditional with our ornaments (and I'm extremely fussy about the color scheme) and I can't abide the plastic ones. All of ours are glass and we always have a real tree. Last year she was too young to care. Maybe I could anchor the tree and put all of the ornaments out of reach?

Diana I do have a Kmart nearby, and it's actually closer than the Walmart or Target. I always forget about that place because Kmarts are depressing to me. It reminds me of Clover, or Ames. No one goes there and it's sad. I'll have to go over there this weekend and see what they have. I think our Hobby Lobby had Christmas decorations as well. I don't think we have a Dollar General though.

redballoon Congrats on making it through another day without a cigarette! I still have those arguments with myself, too. I just have to remind myself that I am a junkie. Of course I'm going to try to talk myself into it! That's the junkie talking. Distraction is the best thing until you can train yourself to ignore that voice. I used to enjoy having talks with my DF outside while we smoked because it was a chance to have a moment alone with the kids, but I had to give it up for now. It's hard to stand there and watch and smell him smoke. Good for you for not going with your coworker.

It was and it wasn't the health thing for me. Mostly it started because I tried to run three weeks ago and I actually had fun running for the first time in my life. Until I was done. And then I couldn't breathe. I seriously spent an hour on my living room floor gasping for air. I want to be a runner but not if it means feeling like a fish out of water. Also I realized that I wasn't finishing my cigarettes anyway because they weren't really enjoyable to me any more.

Ok, once this bag of sugar I have runs out I'm getting some stevia. Shouldn't be too long since my room mate uses a 5lb bag every two weeks for his coffee. He complains that he's gotten fat since he moved in with us, but that might be one of the reasons! Everyone else here except the baby has been losing weight.

jomatho
55lb is amazing and don't let yourself take away from that achievement. Even if you didn't lose anything you still worked on making yourself healthier for a whole year. Most people don't even try at all. Congratulations on going a whole year when a year ago you thought you couldn't. :woo: The you from this year could probably mop the floor with the you from last year.

Hello to everyone else that I missed!

Is there anything nicer than grocery day? I don't think so. I bought a lot of lovely things and healthy choice meals were on sale for less than $2 so I bought a bunch. I love the turkey medallion ones. Chicken breasts were on sale for 1.99/lb so I bought a bunch of those too and we're going to have chicken cordon bleu tomorrow. I hate deli ham and swiss so we have ours with turkey and muenster and they are delicious. Not that full of calories, either, since I use half slices of cheese and egg whites.

Oh, and DF and I had a discussion last night and he said he's going to try to quit, too! :carrot: He said he would try once this last bag of tobacco runs out. Oh, I can't wait and I hope he takes it seriously. I know he can do it if he does.

I had another loss this morning and now I'm down to 227. I love it when I stay in a new decade even with my clothes on!

redballoon
12-01-2011, 10:41 PM
shish, the stevia I bought is called NuStevia. Just run a search for it. It is really good. I have heard from people that say there's is too bitter and I remember I didn't like some I had bought years ago, but this stuff is great.

:trampo:

mamakat
12-02-2011, 06:11 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

The scale went down another .8 inching me closer to my next mini goal. Maybe I'll see it by Sunday, maybe. I forgot to do total loss for the month, so here it is...5.6. Not as good as it should have been, but then I did have that weird gain so I'm just glad that came back off :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

ItsMyTurn
12-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Diana - Yesterday was a real bad day. Diet and fitness I was on target though, so I will take it - it's just life now. Today is Friday though, so it will be a good day and I AM SO looking forward to the weekend :) Do you have any plans? Tonight my daughter is hi-jacking me for the movie "Smurfs". We decided it would be girls night, so both me and both my daughters are going :D

Doing the Happy Friday Dance :dance:

Diana3271
12-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Good Morning Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance: I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Weigh In: 147.8
Down: .8

I'll be back a little later for personals. I need :coffee: Love the Happy Friday Dance :dance:

berryblondeboys
12-02-2011, 07:28 AM
Morning everyone. I should have taken a before photo of the craft room so you can get a true visual of how much I have accomplished in the last couple days. it may not be formal workouts, but I fall into bed exhausted at the end of the day and my feet hurt from standing all day. Today I need to finish that up and then start christmasifying the house as we have a little holiday party at our house on Saturday. The house is still in a state of chaos from totally gutting a room, but it will get done. I'll perform my magic. I have five big bags for a charity pick up today just from the craft room and I put out the 64 bags of leaves for yard waste pick up this morning.

Up .2 on the scale this morning. And I realized today that I might actually get lighter on the scale than my husband for the first time ever since we've been together! He weighs 172.8. I weighed in at 174.2. That might be the extra motivation I need to stay on plan this holiday season!

nevaeh1984
12-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Hi everyone!!! I'm sorry I haven't logged into the forum for a while!

I'd just like to let you know that I have NOT stopped with my new and improved lifestyle, on day 67 now :)

I hope you all have a great weekend and lots of motivation :D

Fat free/carb free/full of love hugs for everyone!!!

Gma4
12-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Hi, Reading all the posts are inspiring to say the least. I committed to eliminating sugar and whites from my daily consumption (notice I did not use the d--- word) I'm on day 2 of this committment and reading how you all are doing your goals to health are great. I walk for a couple of miles a day and raked and mowed (hopefully for the last time this year) the yard yesterday. Gardening is a passion of mine and of course there are lots of little jobs to get the place ready for the winter. Wishing you all a great day!:dizzy:

Gma4
12-02-2011, 12:56 PM
How do you get the little weight loss tickers on your pages?

ruth135
12-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Hi all!!

I have been reading the posts but haven't posted the last few days. I finally weighed on Wednesday (since Thanksgiving) and was up a pound to 160.8, which wasn't too bad considering I had three bad days in there, plus TOM is here. But then yesterday's weight was a new low, 159.4, so I was pretty excited. That puts me at 3.6 pounds lost for November which I'm pretty happy with even though I had 4lbs as a goal. Considering I had a week vacation and Thanksgiving weekend to deal with, I'm satisfied.

I am making December's goal modest also (3.5lbs to 156) because my b-day is the 14th, our anniversary is the 16th, and of course Christmas, which my husband has over a week off work, and that week is always a challenge to eat well.
He also has three days off for my b-day and anniversary and we plan on going out of town for a couple days, weather permitting.

Today's weight was down a smidgen, .2. I was worried yesterday's weight wasn't real and I would be back up today but was happy to see it stick.

Hope you all have a great Friday!!

KaylaChristine
12-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Good afternoon everyone! I swear one of these days I will have the spare time to do personals again.

For breakfast, I had about 80 calories of coffee. For lunch I had a cheddar cheese single stick, and a 'go-picnic' meal. It was my first time eating one, I had the Turkey Pepperoni & Cheese... It was okay. I'll definitely need to try some of the others. Has anyone else tried these?

mamakat
12-02-2011, 03:02 PM
OK, ten miles in two days is awesome, but my feet don't like the new shoes (I think). Yesterday it was my toe rings (they're not removable so I can't and don't take them off, unless in an MRI), they're causing blisters, something they've never done before...could it be skinnier toes? IDK :shrug: So today, I prepped my toes for blisters (taping with sports tape) and headed downstairs for breakfast. I had a migraine and was hoping the calories would help. I took Tylenol migraine too. I wore my arch support ace braces and headed out. Ugh, by the end of the walk it felt like I broke my right foot. Not sure if it was the elastic brace or new pair of shoes :shrug:? We'll see. I'll give it a days rest and see. I think 10 miles is a good week of exercise :)

I need a nap! :lol: I always say that then can never fall asleep :p

Moondance
12-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Happy Friday!

Gearing up for the weekend...lot's of holiday related activities. :tree: :chef: I'm back to my pre-Thanksgiving weight, so it only took me a week to go back down the 3 pounds. I'm thinking there may have been more salt involved than I realized. :p

My DH is wanting to make New Years Eve plans. It's interesting because this is a change for him...he's usually happy to stay home and veg...it's me that wants to party. Well this year he wants to go out and I don't because of all the alcohol thats bound to be involved one way or another. :cheers: If the calories from the alcohol don't get me, my resolve not to eat junk will go by the wayside and calories from that will. It's not a great time to be at a party where everyone is drinking but me. I don't need to drink to have fun, but it sucks to be the DD all the time. We'll see what happens...

Hope you all have a terrific, OP weekend! :carrot:

KaylaChristine: Never heard of the go-picnic meal. Where did you buy it? :hun:

Ruth: congrats on the new low!:congrat:

Gma4: I had to laugh when I read "mowing"...we have about 7 inches of snow on the ground now with possibly more tonight. I'll bet you have a beautiful summer garden! :flow1:

nevaeh: Hugs right back to you! :hug:

BBB: I don't know if you use MyFitnessPal, but they have multiple housecleaning levels you can choose from when inputting your activity. What you're doing really is a full body workout...bending, lifting, twisting, walking, squatting... :exercise: No wonder you're exhausted! :yawn::tired::dz:

Diana: Hi! Hope you're having a great day! :wave:

MyTurn: Hope today is a better day for you. :hug: WTG staying on plan even when life tries to get in the way. That is how you're successful for the long run! :twirly:

MamaKat: Congrats on the loss! :yay: Share your deer photo! We can't get very close to the deer this time of year because we're still in mating season. We had a dog that got gored by a buck. Not fun! Are you still writing? You haven't mentioned it lately.:write:

RedBallon: Hi! Hope you're having a great day too! :wave:

Shisk: I had have that voice too. Now it just talks about chocolate, :chockiss: but it used to be cigarettes too. When you've finally ignored it long enough...it shuts up completely! :tape: Hang in there and great job!!! Do you have kids? Your grocery day attitude cracks me up...and then I wondered, well maybe she doesn't have kids with her, begging for stuff, running off, adding crap to your cart, etc. I like grocery shopping, but I've never loved it. :lol:

Jo: PLEASE don't let anyone take away the incredible accomplishment of the last year. :dancer: I read your post and wish I had started a year ago. Maybe I wouldn't be at goal yet, but I wouldn't have weighed 200 pounds on my 46th birthday, either. Yea for you!! :cheer2:

:tree:

shishkeberry
12-02-2011, 06:01 PM
That's funny moondance because I do have children but my oldest wasn't with me yesterday. He's the challenging one but he was at school. My daughter is only 16 months and she's pretty easily pleased if I keep the cart moving.

Andejean
12-02-2011, 08:23 PM
hi all, remember me? I've fallen into a bit of a rut, and put on a few of the lb I've lost, so it's time to get with it! I skipped the gym today because we are babysitting for a friend, so instead of a treadmill, I chased a two year old... that counts, right?

I'll check back tomorrow. Missed you all!

Diana3271
12-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Shishkeberry Did you find a tree topper. Do you have any dollar stores there? I went to one of our dollar stores the other day and got some stationary and a workout journal. All $1 each! I hope your DF is able to quit smoking, too. That would be great for your little one as well as they two of you! :carrot:

Mamakat Great job on the .8. Look at you and all of that walking! Awesome! Maybe you shoes just need to break in.

Larry Hi :wave:

Itsmyturn Sorry yesterday wasn't good. You didn't let that get in your way though! I hope you and your DD's have a wonderful girls night out. My only plan is that I hope I can sleep late this weekend. I will cook tomorrow night, workout Sat and Sun, and grocery shop on Sun. Nothing major. ;)

Berry Great job tackling the craft room. You are so close to your DH's weight. I think that is great motivation!

Nevaeh Hi :wave: Congrats on keeping that focus! :carrot:

Gma4 Hi :wave: It's good to see you today! Yard work and walking is great exercise. I think you have to be a member for 20 days to get a ticker.

Ruth Congrats on the new low!

KaylaChristine Hi :wave:

Moondance Great job on getting your weight back down. Yes, there was probably more sodium than you realize. Enjoy your holiday activities.

Jomatho Hi :wave:

Angejean Hi :wave: It's good to see you! Are you doing better with your allergies?

Diana3271
12-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Total Approx 1410 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (670 Calories)
Zuppa Toscana 170 calories
Venetian Apricot Chicken w/broccoli + asparagus 400 calories
Extra veggies 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55 EZ

redballoon
12-03-2011, 06:11 AM
Hi all, how's it going? I'm still smoke-free despite being sorely tempted.... :( Sigh. More importantly perhaps, since this is weight-loss forum, I am holding out on any bingeing but tempted there too....Life is tough.

Diana3271
12-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a great weekend!

The sodium/water weight has been kicking my butt! My calories are good, though. Wednesday was the Japanese restaurant and last night was Olive Garden. Crazy sodium in both of those places.

Weigh In: 148
Up: .2

Redballoon Please don't give in. It's not worth it. You will feel total regret after the cigarette (or binge for that matter). Stay strong. Come here and read the forums, get outside for a walk, just do something to get your mind off it. You can do it. I know you can. :hug:

mamakat
12-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

redballoon good evening :) good job on staying smoke free and not binging. Just think how successful you will feel when you conquer this. This is something that you can control :) It's hard to be sure...its the tougher things in life that we get through that make us stronger. Keep up the good work!

andejean welcome back. Kid sitting definitely has to be some kind of burn. I know at the end of the day, I was exhausted with my two :D

moondance I will ask DH to help me post the pic of the deer and the pants difference pic when he wakes up. As for writing, I must confess I had the couple married and then rethought everything...so now I'm in thought (like pooh bear....think, think, think) do I go back and rework or leave ideas for a different story...not sure. I should work on it though. Maybe today as I need to keep my feet up. :)

Kayla I, too, have never heard of "go-meals". Now I'm curious. Are they low fat or low carb? Are they like Lean Cuisine? Let us know.

ruth it's hard during times of celebrations to lose weight. I hope you can at the very least maintain. :)

Diana I'm sure it was a combination shoes and toe rings. I guess I didn't do a great job in taping it up. Instead the tape was so lose it made the rings only rub where as usually they go up or down and stay put while walking. That causes a tiny blister. I took off the tape last night out of curiosity (it was really hurting). I've never seen a blister this big and angry! It looked bigger than the actual toe :p Needless to say, I gotta figure something out, but today is a rest day. The rest of my toes and feet are good, so I'm on the right path :D

10 lbs in two days has brought me .8 away from my next goal. I think I'll be able to say I met goal by Monday. How exciting for me.

I took my kids to the doctor's yesterday for a missing vaccine. DS is so funny. I said before we went in "the first person to make a fuss, doesn't get ice cream". So the nurse (I don't know his title...he's more than a nurse, but not a doctor) says to take off sweaters and bear an arm. DD starts fussing right away. DS takes out his skinny white arm and gets his shot then says "thank you". :lol: that cracked us both up. I had to hold DD down :( She's much too big for this behavior. I told her, it took longer to fuss and waste Charlie's time then it did for him to actually give the shot. AND she admitted it didn't hurt. I hate that part of being a mom...why doesn't DH ever do the hard stuff (doctor visits and school meetings) it's so stressful :p BUT I love the field trips :lol: and concerts and my time with them. I guess I'll do the hard part as long as I get my bonuses. Like "thank you" after a shot...that's my boy!

berryblondeboys
12-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Was up till 2 am cleaning spent an hour getting the stains out of the carpet in the family room. I hate carpeting. And what did Henry do this morning? Spill juice just we had I scrubbed last night - ugh!!!

Getting ready to put up the artificial tree today. Couldnt put-up the real one yesterday as the stand broke! On top of that, the electricity in the front yard outlet isn't working so I couldn't put those up yesterday. Some is bahumbugging me!

Good news is that I have a new low. Down 1.2 today to see 173.0. (dh was 172.4).

Gma4
12-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Diana 3271 Thanks for the answer. Hopefully by then I will have something good to report....today is day 3 and is going well. WOW 20 in 2 days congrats!!
All you mommys.......enjoy every moment with your kids. I know this is too often said "they grow up much too soon" and when you are in the day to day routine it seems endless but take it from me....you will look back and wonder where in the world the time went and how it went so fast.
Smokers trying to quit.....I can't imagine having yet another thing to try and give up but I have gone through the quitting cigs with a husband and sister and saw them give up trying several time before quitting for good. They both said it was the most difficult thing they had ever done. I can only identify with my cravings for food and know when I'm there it is difficult to think about anything else. I wish you every sucess today and always....you can do it and it will be so worth the effort.

Andejean
12-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Yes Diana in a way my allergis are much better. Since the surgery, things have much better, though now that it's winter they are getting worse again with two dogs in the house, and no windows open. I have stopped taking my allergy meds though, so perhaps I need to start them up again. I am trying to reduce my soda intake right now, I always drink diet, so it's not the sugar thats the issue, but I tend to choose soda over water, so I'm trying to fix that.

so much going on right now, but I'll have to catch you all up later! :-)

IsabellaOlivia
12-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Have been sick for two days. But hoping to get back to basics today.
My day is being spend writing an essay. No work out today.

Moondance
12-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Happy Saturday!

More snow here. OK...I'm done for awhile...~13 inches in 3 days. We're supposed to go cut our Christmas tree tomorrow. Temps will be in the single digits and there will be a foot of snow. Oh joy!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

ruth135
12-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Hey all!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
My weight is up half a pound this morning. Not really sure why. I had some food off the Whole Foods bar last night, it wasn't much and mostly veges, but maybe it had a lot of sodium. My calories were good, around 1400. Didn't get much exercise in though because when I was attempting it, my stomach was bothering me.
So far today is going well. I got a 50 minute walk, didn't seem to have enough energy to jog. Planning on a good healthy supper.

Gma4
12-03-2011, 05:39 PM
New Gym in town just opened, I got a coupon for a free week and went down and tried it. It was great, is only 5 minutes from my house, and is open 23/7 so I can go anytime. Since the weather is turning too cool to get any real gardening in I will try it and see how it goes. Today did 30 minutes on the treadmill and 12 each on elliptical and bike. Wish me luck LOL

redballoon
12-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Good morning all. Sunday here. I have SO much to do before the cat-sitter comes tonight, before two article deadline tomorrow morning and before leaving for HK on Wednesday. Help!! I wasted yesterday in utter depression and dejection over things in my life. Eating was not good and I was unable to get to the gym. I almost went, had my bag packed and the sun had come out after a cold and rainy morning, then by the time I was ready to compose myself and go, it was cloudy and yucky again so oI didn't go. Saturdays have been like this recently. Not good. Also, the quake alarm yesterday morning had further disrupted my sleep and I had slept in once the fear had subsided enough. Anyhow, deadline pressure today should get my arse in gear.

But, I did NOT smoke. I was not really even interested in quitting smoking these months. Not at all. I wanted to have something I wanted that I could actually enjoy, forget it all. Yes, I know...stupid, but my life has been crazy and it was an excuse. Even now, or should I say, almost now, I am not really committed to quitting. But now I'm thinking, if I've gotten this far -- five full days -- maybe I should. And all your words, especially those from the ex-smokers, have really helped bring my thinking around. There is nothing worse than being told my some non-smoker that I should quit. To me that is an instigator to continue. But, I now can maybe make this MY thing. I have gotten the feeling recently that fellow smokers don't want me to quit but it's more just because they don't want to see me stronger or themselves to feel weaker. Now, THAT bothers me big-time!

Still, my main goal is to lose weight, not to stop smoking. That said, I want to lose it healthily and my lungs and heart need to be in better shape. That will help the weight loss. It's not just about eating less and less. So, yes, in that way, smoking is a part, isn't it?

Diana -- Thanks. You are right. And I was thinking some of this too while I was arguing with myself. It's like I have started to see the light, to see that I don't even really like smoking that much but I turned to it to kind of like beat myself up when life did the same to me. Like they say, abuse breeds abuse. I had seen this behavior a lot in alcoholics and such and now realize I was doing it too with the smoking. The hardest thing for me is that I have to be sitting in front of the computer and can't do things that would distract me or be pleasant enough to distract me. This has been the worst. But, I am getting better. Thanks. You're right. I don't want to feel that regret or sense of failure.

mamakat -- Thanks for your support. The problem is I never really feel successful because I never really feel anything good from quitting. People say I will feel great but I don't, because I didn't smoke that much perhaps. I don't know. I probably also wasn't testing it or I would write off being out of breath to simply not doing enough cardio. I'm pathetic, really.
What do you mean by 10 lbs in two days?

berry -- Congrats on the new low!! :bravo:

Gma -- Yes, it is hard and then not. It's the habit and instant gratification you get from smoking that is so hard not the addiction physically, if there is one really. The thing is, I quit once and truly quit without a single smoke for 15 years. Looking at that now I can't imagine how I did that, as there were lots of temptations. I really can't imagine how I did that. I guess I was in a much better mindset. The past three years have been h ell for me and things are still very bad. I think smoking has been something I needed in some perverse kind of way. Oh, and the new gym sounds great! How perfect for you. Good for you for going! Keep it up!!

Isabella -- Hope you feel better real soon!! :getwell:

Ande, Moon, ruth, any others, hello!! :wave:

Andejean
12-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Good evening ladies! And Larry! Oh how I've missed you!

So, forgive me for not getting personals, There are just so many of you, it'll take a few days for me to catch up.

so, as for me, I have been crazy busy. This semester I am doing my Clinicals, which means I have class two nights a week, plus in class experience once a week for three weeks followed by a week of teaching a subject, (3 weeks, teach math, 3 weeks, teach Science, 3 weeks, teach Social Studies). In addition to that, we also have been babysitting a lot for our friends daughter/s, while daddy is in the hospital. This week alone we had their youngest on Wednesday night and Thursday night, then she went to Grandma's for a few days, then she'll be back tomorrow, then hopefully daddy can come home. No one is quite sure what is wrong with him, but he's had numerous surgeries in the last year, and he still is feeling horrible. Last night, we babysat their cousin so Grandma could go to a Christmas party for work. It's amazing how different two different two year olds can be! Tonight we have a break, then tomorrow should be the end unless daddy can't come home...

No real chance to work out lately, but I did break out the Wii fit this morning, and I also have my P90X discs out to begin as soon as my semester ends on the 12th... Next comes student teaching...

I'll check back in a bit, have to go log my dinner! :-)

mamakat
12-03-2011, 08:04 PM
redballoon LOL, typo. 10lbs in two days...OK, I can't stop laughing at myself. I meant 10 miles in two days. I have a problem with racing thoughts (thanks to Bipolar :)) so sometimes my fingers can't keep up and I out and out don't make sense. But in the end it's a good laugh. I talk like that sometimes too.

ItsMyTurn
12-03-2011, 11:44 PM
It's been a fun day - Though I did stay on plan. We gained some extra kids for the night and my DH went to work nights. I love when my house is full! Took some of my friend's kids tonight, so have 6 kids tonight :D LOVE IT! Sounds foolish, but I am happiest when I have a full house. I made 3 batches of cookies that they all devoured (yay! So I didn't have any left here to eat myself). Also made a blueberry pie, only 1 slice left... I forget how much kids can eat when they are using a bunch of energy playing together :) Now there are 3 of them chasing each other around the pool table - I think chasing these guys will count as a workout, :lol: Hope everyone is having a great evening!!!

Diana3271
12-03-2011, 11:51 PM
Hi Everyone! I really paid close attention to my sodium intake today. I am so ready to get rid of this bloat I have been feeling.

Mamakat It does make sense about the blisters if the tape was too loose. Maybe put some antibiotic cream or aloe on them. I hope you are back to those amazing walks soon.

Berry Congrats on the new low! You are working it! I hope you get some much needed rest tonight.

Andejean I remember you were having a rough time after your surgery. Overall, are things better since the surgery?

IsabellaOlivia Sorry to hear you have been sick. Hope you are better soon.

Moondance Hmm, I'm freezing to death when it's in the 30's. Geesh! Thirteen inches of snow and single digits does not sound good. I hope you find a great Christmas tree tomorrow!

Ruth Great job on the walk!

Gma4 Great job on those exercise machines. Does the gym offer classes?

Redballoon Even now, or should I say, almost now, I am not really committed to quitting. But now I'm thinking, if I've gotten this far -- five full days -- maybe I should. I don't believe that you are not committed. You may be feeling weak right now. Maybe telling yourself that it's OK to smoke because you have really committed yourself to quitting. A person doesn't decide to quit on a whim. Smoking, like overeating, drinking, etc is a major part of one's life. That first day you were committed so that's what you did. Don't second guess yourself because of the stress you are feeling. Fight through it. :hug:

Itsmyturn How was the girls night out? It sounds like you've got your hands full tonight. :D

Diana3271
12-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Total Approx 1465 Calories + :coffee:

Saturday is normally my higher calorie day. I decided not to do that today. I also watched my sodium closely today.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (250 Calories)
Chicken 120 calories
Cabbage/Zucchini 100 calories
Curry powder/seasoning (no salt added to either of these) 30 calories

Dinner (850 Calories)
I used Mrs Dash Southwestern Seasoning to season my hamburger meat for the tacos. I used a small amount of taco sauce. I also cut it with Greek Yogurt)
2 Taco Shells 100 calories
Hamburger Meat 200 calories
1/8 cup cheese 40 calories
2T taco sauce w/plain Greek Yogurt 50 calories
lettuce/tomato 50 calories
5 tortilla chips 60 calories
1/6 banana cream pie 350 calories

Exercise:
The Firm Get Chisel'd w/#8's and #10's
The bonus cardio workout from Get Chisel'd
1000 Jump Ropes

redballoon
12-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Diana -- Hmm....you saw through me! Drat! Now I can't fool myself on points like this. I have a good Thought Editor who call me on it! :^: Thanks. :thanks: Maybe it is weakness trying to sneak a false rationalization in there. Sigh. I guess I have to do this work too.

It's like now. My place is absolutely filthy and I left it go and now it's really too late to do much about it before the cat-sitter comes. I want to get to the gym but that will eat up about 4 hours, which would leave me only 90 minutes to do whatever before she comes. I hate, hate, hate cleaning but this is worse, because this is what it comes to if I leave it. :cry:

mamakat -- :lol: I was wondering what you had cut off!

Misti in Seattle
12-04-2011, 01:08 AM
Hello everyone

It's been ages since I have been here and wow, can I tell it. I was doing so well with my weight loss and now here most of it is back. Sooooooo time to start over again! Looking forward to getting to know a lot of you and being a part of a group to help all of us get into better shape!!

ItsMyTurn
12-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Diana - I didn't make it home in time to go to the movie with the girls :( They had fun though, just felt bad. I seem to miss too much sometimes with work, but I also know they totally understand. Dying my youngest daughter's hair tomorrow, so that will be some "us" time :) Thinking 2 weekends from now that I will take the girls somewhere just me and them - maybe a restaurant or shopping or something to make up for it. Thank you for asking though!!! I do have my hands full tonight, but love it. We had 9 kids over earlier for a few hours... would have had them all stay the night if I had my way, :lol:

ItsMyTurn
12-04-2011, 01:12 AM
Hi Misti!!!!

Andejean - No problem on the personals, as you see sometimes we all have times we slack due to life being so busy :)

Mamakat - My mom and I call that "talking nights"... after someone works night shift they seem to do that periodically without having bipolar, LOL! It's our own way of being bilingual :rofl:

Misti in Seattle
12-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Hi Misti!!!!

Andejean - No problem on the personals, as you see sometimes we all have times we slack due to life being so busy :)

Mamakat - My mom and I call that "talking nights"... after someone works night shift they seem to do that periodically without having bipolar, LOL! It's our own way of being bilingual :rofl:

Thanks, ItsMyTurn! LOL I see I need to update my ticker, unfortunately! But hey, it will go down again... right? :)

mamakat
12-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Woke up with the neighbor's three hound dogs. One of them never learned how to bay/bey or howl and it sounds like she's being beaten all the time. It's one of those sounds that triggers an anxious feeling in me. Animal cruelty (any cruelty really) makes me angry so when she barks a rage comes over me. That's of course until I'm fully awake and realize it's the dog who can't bark right. Then it's a whole other anger...why do they keep them out so long? They do most of their morning howling under my DS's window, but he's not home right now...so it won't affect him.

ItsMyTurn You've given me another good thing out of a crazy thing. 1)anxiety cardio (awesome) and 2) being bilingual...so cool. I have a little Spanglish in me as I grew up in the heart of Phoenix and most everyone I knew spoke Spanglish. But now to say I'm bilingual, awesome :D Glad last night was good for you. I can't handle more than three kids. They could all be angels and I still would start to bug out. I love kids, just not in MY house :lol:

Misti welcome back.

Jomotho, Krystal, Larry, Still, Sum, Vixsin some of you I know are doing OK as I see you on MFP, but some of you have been silent for awhile and I hope you are doing OK. I wanted to let you know you are missed.

:wave: good morning to all my friends :D

Diana3271
12-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

Someone was able to sleep late today and yesterday for that matter! :D

Weigh In: 146.8
Down: 1.2 pounds

Misti in Seattle Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

ItsMyTurn
12-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Mamakat - I love that I am able to assist you in finding the good in you, :rofl: Being in the Phoenix Metro area, I also know Spanglish seems to be a second language (part of the first) to most. My DH hasn't lost his Maine accent (and it's super thick) so people actually have a hard time to understand HIM! LOL! Now you speak "nights" and have good cardio "workouts" when you are filled with the anxiety - but... you are also making true steps and it is working - saw on your MFP that you are down weight again :D

Diana - The sleep seems to be good for you since the scale went down :)

AFM - got on the scale this morning to finally have discovered a new decade! :O Yay!!!! The scale only went down .6 this week (still movement, I will take it) but it seems like such a victory to be into the new decade! I am running on VERY LITTLE sleep right now, but have my day planned and that is with figuring in enough down time to catch up sleep and not be dragging at work tomorrow :) Hope you all are having a great start to your days?

Diana3271
12-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Itsmyturn Sorry about you having to work late. I am sure the little ones will enjoy whatever you plan in the coming weeks. Sometimes just spending quality time together is the best.

Mamakat & Itsmyturn About people waking you and sleeping late. I'm not sure if I mentioned here about a new neighbor waking me at all hours of the night? I have had a horrible time sleeping since these people moved in across the street a few months ago. He was working on a shift where he would leave home any where between 2 am and 4 am. He has a loud exhaust system and revs his truck. He also plays music very loud in his truck at that time of the morning. There is no reason for a person to rev their vehicle like that. No one loves music any more than me. There is a time and place for loud music. The early morning hours is not the time. These people and their children literally act like wild animals that have been let loose in the city from the wild. The woman next door has put a no trespassing sign in her yard because of the children from this family. Anyways, I started wearing earplugs to bed every night. I also have 2 noise machines to help mask the noise that this man makes. Would you believe I can still hear his truck and he still keeps waking me? I have been at my wits end. I have to have my sleep. Going on 5 hours of sleep hasn't been good for me. Also, my body was getting used to waking at 4 AM so I was waking that early on the weekend. I haven't mentioned it on here, but I have been in a really bad place with this. Anyways, last weekend (Thanksgiving) he didn't go to work. I was able to sleep! This week he hasn't went to work at his normal early morning times. He's been leaving between 8 am and 9 am. I have slept so well this week and this weekend. I have been scared to say anything because I was hoping it wasn't a fluke. I hope he's on a different shift now. I don't wish him any harm (like him losing his job), but I have been miserable since they moved in. Also, I don't feel comfortable talking with them about this. He's not going to get rid of his exhaust system. It is what it is. Also, I have seen him out there working on his truck. The music was so loud it was rattling my windows. Right next to the truck was their little baby in a carrier. I don't think these people would understand anything that I had to say. Sorry about the long post about my lack of sleep. :o I am just so grateful for this week of sleep that I have had.

Itsmyturn Congrats on the new decade! :carrot: The "decades" that I will never forget are the 230's and staying below 200. The 230's were just awful for me. I didn't think I would ever get out of them. I hope you can get some rest so you can tackle your busy week!

Diana3271
12-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Here's our new thread for the week! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/248153-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-12-4-a.html