Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 06:46 AM   #1  
Most boring housewife.

Default Hey Cows! Let's get on the busy bus!

I could swear I've already done this. I posted a new thread not 30 minutes ago. This is the problem with my life. As soon as I do something, it is undone and I have to do it again.
Did anyone hear that Kiwi lost 7 lbs?
Old 02-12-2003, 07:16 AM   #2  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

KIWI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I MENTION EXCERCISING!!! PEOPLE LOSE WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!LUSH---YOU ARE NOW REQUIRED TO DO SOME MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKING {ABOUT YOURSELF ,OF COURSE}
Old 02-12-2003, 08:08 AM   #3  
Most boring housewife.

Default Stand-by for Motivational moment

I go to Curves.
I eat a healthy diet that is high in fruits and veggies and low in anything white, except cauliflower.
I go to bed by 9:30.
I haven't lost any weight.
Where is that at?????????????????????????????????????
I'm lazy and cranky. I wish I could go back to bed.

Last edited by Lush; 02-12-2003 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:08 PM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i have plans to treadmill,but i can't stop looking out the window at the SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!i can' t stop talking about the SNOW-----it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo depressing-----i MUST tread,i MUST tread----Lush---my friends say that curves is "cheesy" ---what do they mean??we have two "curves" here-----ohhhhhhhh put me to bed as well.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:43 PM   #5  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I can explain this, Bagz, and it should un-depress you.

Someone in my office who has TV reception saw a story about Curves on a news show. This would be Lush's Curves not Wabby's. Well, maybe Wabby's too. She said they showed tremendously overweight women on some machines. I told her some of my friends went to it and she asked their weight category. I made a stab a weight (135?) and she said NOOOO, MUCH BIGGER. Ok, I didn't say 135, I said more but she REALLY did say that.

See, Bagz, by not having a Curves, we are not grouped into a nation-wide group of realllllly big fat women. We are just fat. Maybe big and fat. but not realllllllllly big and fat.

I am sick of snow, also. Well, I'm sick of cold weather so if it snowed, i'd be sick of it.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:49 PM   #6  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

How are we to get to page 7 if no one posts? Did I offend you all with that Curves description? Remember it was a quote. I didn't see it on TV myself. I was reading Dickens at the time.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:15 PM   #7  
Most boring housewife.

HI all,
Bagzie, Curves is definitely cheezy. There aren't any big and fat women where I go... but that is only because we have no other gym for the cuties to go to ...the next one is 15 miles away....too far to be convenient. Most of the people at my Curves are high school girls. I like it. I drop DD off at physical therapy, go to Curves, put in my 1/2 hour. Then go to my mom's or to the store, before I know it, I'm picking her up at physical therapy and I've accomplished two or three things. I'm a wonder.
That, said, it is cheezy.

I went tonight. I feel fit. I ate chicken breasts and cauliflower for dinner. I plan to go to bed at 9ish. I haven't shined my sink. That will have to wait until the next phase of perfection.

In order to go to bed, I have to check homework in a timely fashion. That means I can't hang on the computer ...so bye.

Last edited by Lush; 02-12-2003 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:27 PM   #8  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

here I am posting again when I still don't have anything to say. I am jealous that I don't have a cheese gym to go to and I don't accomplish much either.

That said, I am going to get off the computer and go bond with my ds who will probably run.

Kiwi, why isn't this font stuff working?
Old 02-12-2003, 09:56 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Darling non cheesy Peaches

Some of your font things are working. I would say that the rest are not working because when you change the font, you need to hit "Close Current Tag" before you change it again.

this font is changed and when I hit Close Current Tag right here, it changes back to the default.

La.

I have something wrong with my vision -- I have a big streaky floater type thing. At first I figured I probably scratched my eye, but then I started looking it up online, and now I think I'd better go to the eye doctor, because new floaters can be a symptom of a detached retina. This is very inconvenient because the stupid mill is no longer paying for insurance claims in spite of the fact that they are pretending that all the employees are still employees even though they haven't worked or gotten paid since December. DH is planning to buy a cheap health insurance policy which will certainly not cover anything but having emergency brain surgery or something so we will have to eat that expense. My life sux.

Kiwi, who has more curves than she really needs and can't even afford to buy a new down bikini to show them off.
Old 02-13-2003, 02:26 AM   #10  
fatter than U

Unhappy floating thingies in your eyes

Ooooooh yes, Kiwi! Please go to the eye doctor. I have a couple of those floating things (they actually have some fancy scientific name) and the doc said that in my case they were harmless, but some of them *aren't*, and we want to keep all your body parts intact for as long as possible, don't we?

Did I mention that I have a toothache in my gold-inlay tooth? I'm ignoring it. I think I have a two year guarantee on the thing, but I don't relish the thought of them digging around in my mouth yet again.

Anyone ever adopt a dog from an amimal shelter? We're going there tomorrow to take a look. Their web site has mostly dobermans and pitbulls. Hmm. I want something cute, smallish and fluffy. I also have to (tomorrow) go to a parent-teacher conference with ds6s teacher and serve dinner to our neighbours. How will I survive? Better start cleaning now. The phrase "Busy Bus" makes me break in to a sweat.

A cheesy Curves is better than no curves at all, I suppose.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:32 AM   #11  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

KIWIWIIWWWW GO th E DocTOR IMMEDIATELY>>>!!!!! I want a report this afternoon.

Sugar, lots of people have adopted shelter dogs. Not Lush but normal people have. Bagz's dd used to volunteer in a shelter. Make her go with you.

I am sitting here with my shampooed in Selsun still in. The doctor, or whatever he was, said the longer it's in (like 5 min) the better it works.

DS brought home the bill for his yearbook and I was shocked. It's nothing like the middle school prices. We are so financially challenged here that I have actually asked him to try to find a way to earn the money for it. I suggested he ask his mentor for ideas. I feel kind of crumby doing that but feel forced.

There's a singles valentine dance Fri near Herbie's house. I could go ahead and spend the whole wekend at his house and go to it but what would it be like going to a dance ALONE!!!!!!!! And old and fat and haggy.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:36 AM   #12  
Most boring housewife.

Kiwi! Go to the doctor. Most likely, it is nothing, DH has those and they are nothing...but he is supposed to report any changes because there are different kinds and some are nasty.
I've gotten dogs from the pound many times. The only reason we didn't do that this time was that this dog is supposed to be hypoallergenic due to having hair, not fur. That turns out to be untrue, but it was worth a try.
Peaches, can't you use the credit card for the yearbook? I think it is perfectly reasonable to ask DS to earn yearbook money. I don't think that is unusual at all.
Sugar, do you think you have an abscess under the crown...I assume the gold tooth is a crown....that means root canal...you poor darling.
Why didn't Wabby post yesterday to defend her Curves???? It was a workday and therefore she has no excuse for not stopping by.
Gotta go...dd is getting fitted for her brace for her knee today. She will have to wear it for sports or dancing forever....think she'll comply?

Last edited by Lush; 02-13-2003 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:52 AM   #13  
fatter than U

Default now you've got me all worried, Lush!

I know I'm very allergic to cats, but I never noticed it with dogs. My parents had a poodle, a husky and a dachshund in that order. Hair, fur, fur, right? Just found a site listing dogs that are less allergenic:

Better Breeds for Allergy Sufferers

All dogs produce dander so there are no "hypoallergenic" breeds. Some breeds shed their skin every three or four days and others every 21 days. The dogs that shed less frequently produce less dander. Breeds that have a single-layer coat usually produce less dander than double-coated dogs. Here is a list of breeds that may produce less dander.

Airedale

Basenji

Bedlington terrier

Bichon frise

Chinese crested

Irish water spaniel

Italian greyhound

Kerry blue terrier

Maltese

Poodle

Portuguese water dog

Schnauzers

Shih tzu

Soft-coated Wheaten terrier

Tibetan terrier

Wire-haired fox terrier

Xoloitzcuintli (Mexican hairless)
Fine, but do these breeds all need to go to Madame Fifi's once a month to be clipped and shampooed like my parents' poodle had to? We'll most likely end up with an adorable mutt.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:16 AM   #14  
Most boring housewife.

My darling is supposed to go once a month....naturally, I can't manage to keep my kids' appointments up to date...how would I do it with a dog...I just bathe her with Johnson's baby shampoo and brush her with No More Tangles..she is shaggy and cute.
Why don't I get off this computer?
Old 02-13-2003, 01:23 PM   #15  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

sooooooooooooooooooyou need to get off the computer---WELLLLLLLLL--i am here reading everything and i am supposed to be painiting a tray for the Hospice to auction off,and i should be on the treadmill and i have to pick up those three kids AND i have glass me *** class AND i feel like barfing cause i ate too much salmon and my cat needs to go to the vet to be put to sleep so she can get her mats raked out-----and it's minus 19 with a strong wind and it blizzarded last night and tomorrow is valentines day and i want multicoloured roses but if dh doesn't order them today i will have boring red ones and i think peaches SHOULD go to the dance!!!
Closed Thread