WW Clubs and Groups - #270 Bale of Turtles Doing the Right Thing!

Itryharder
11-26-2011, 01:32 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Princess1122
11-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all! Rainy day here today but that is ok, I am starting to gear up to go back to work on Wednesday so I need some time to go thru my closet and drawers to pick out some clothing that does not fit right now, either for the good or the bad lol.

Today is my oldest DS birthday so we will be going out to lunch to celebrate that today and I am really looking forward to seeing my grandbaby since I have not really had a chance to see him in over a week and grammy is going into withdraw!

Not sure what is going on with the scale since it is not moving one way or the other which I know can't be right since I have not made good choices this past week.

Judy: TOTALLY know how you are feeling right now... I think that the exercise will help us to feel better and to get back on track. The walks at the park with the dogs really helped to clear my head and I also went and caught a knitting class yesterday afternoon which works wonders for me to just get together with a bunch of ladies to knit and chat.

Have a great day everyone!

Taylorsjourney
11-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Good Afternoon everyone.. raining here as well so not an outside day... that's okay have stuff that needs to be done inside.. today is just one of those my wagon's dragging days... slept fantastic for a change - woke up early and just been slow going since.. had to literally self talk myself into working out on the treadmill and every step there I wanted to turn back .. watched P.S. I Love You while walking today ( not the whole thing) but it did help take my mind off the screaming "I don't want to be doing this" inner child I had going on.. I must of been fooling myself when I thought it would get easier because it hasn't but will take it as maybe just another change my mind and body are going thru... who knows but I did it begrudgingly and now I'm trying to get all my water in.. the tree is up and mostly decorated so maybe I will call it a day and just be happy with that..

Princess good luck on your first day at your new place on Wednesday... I hope you got your baby fix and celebrated a lovely birthday with your DS..

Have a great Sunday everyone!!!

Itryharder
11-27-2011, 06:17 PM
I love your honesty. You turtles are the best.
Today I thought I'd be 100% OP and I'm not there yet. And it turns out that we may be watching our other grandson tomorrow. Maybe he'll sleep over tonight. We'll see.
Family left at 12:30 today. I loved the visit, but I badly need to be back in my routine.

Relaxing in between getting Thanksgiving decorations put away.
Love, and I mean it!!!!, to all,
Judy
Was up 5# which I hoped to knock off starting Thursday. Looks like my start may have to be Monday.

terrod99
11-28-2011, 06:58 AM
Manic Monday!!!

Up and down doesn't matter that is reality,if we were perfect we wouldn't be here!!!! not giving up is whats important!! A few steps in the right direction everyday.
We must keep at it!!!! No quitting!!!

Hope you all you Turtles south of the border had a great Thanksgiving! Hope everyone north had a good weekend too!!

Have a great day/week!!

Terri

Princess1122
11-28-2011, 07:03 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all... still lots of rain here and it is not supposed to stop anytime soon. I have lots of stuff that needs to be done over the next two days so am going to make this a short post this morning...

Woke up to TOM which just pisses me off since I just got done with it not a week and a half ago. Ugh....

Taylorsjourney
11-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Good Morning everyone.. still moving at a slower pace but hey I`m moving.. workout done and now getting ready for work.. I have found if I do it early in the morning then I dont have to talk myself into it later on.. UGHH I want the easy button!! LOL

Terri totally agree just keep moving or as the Nemo movie says just keep swimming LOL

Itryharder I hope you had a lovely time with your grandson and I totally agree about routine.. I feel more structured when its there..

Princess I feel for you.. my TOM came a week and half early from all the stress going on in my world so maybe that`s whats happening to you.. frustrating as all heck or what..

Was down a pound this week so will shoot over and post it..

Have a great Cyber Monday everyone!!

Itryharder
11-28-2011, 11:02 AM
too busy to write-----thinking of you all ------------promising myself an OP day.
Good luck to us all.
Judy

Itryharder
11-28-2011, 11:04 AM
ended up watching another grandson today! I love your comments----Terri about reality and all the stress we go through with Princess and Taylor and yet look---TAylor lost another pound. wahoo!!!!!

aim to stay op and get into my routine as best as possible.
Judy

jar1965
11-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Hi everyone~ Hope you all had a great thanksgiving!!

jeanne

Itryharder
11-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Hi Guys,
Bandit, what is our Biggest Loser ending date for our challenge?
thanks.

Wonderful Thanksgiving. Family and a long time friend were able to join us. Really lovely.

I've been OP all day. Ididn't get the exercise in, but so much was going on.
the food has been A-OK and I'm happy about that.

Everyone have a great evening and a wonderful day tomorrow.
Judy

Princess1122
11-29-2011, 07:01 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday... my last day off before I head back to work, over all did not get near enough done during my two months at home but I did manage to get a few things done so will be happy with that I guess.

My TOM showed up again yesterday ... ugh, REALLY!?!?! I just don't even know what to say... It goes away for 4 months then comes back with a vengence and shows up every two weeks and is so strong I feel weak... Oh well, guess it is all part of being a member of the stronger sex :D

Food was so-so yesterday so will need to get that back under control - going to a zumba class with D-DIL this morning so will give it my best effort.

Taylorsjourney
11-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Good Morning. good morning... that`s the tune going thru my head as I look outside at a field that is now a lake and so many puddles I don`t know which way to walk to avoid..if it turns to snow like they say it will be messy out there and the drive home from work - interesting.... workout is done 5 miles today and guess what I signed up for Zumba.. I was thinking the classes would start in the new year and take me right up to my surgery date but boy did I get the shock of my life when she said they begin next Monday night .. I told my DH he might want to bring me in case I can`t move after LOL.. I`m excited because I`ve heard so many talk about it on here and I`ve only tried it on my wii ( which I had to be doing wrong as I felt my hips were going to hyperextend).. but the teacher is a former client of mine and she reassured me that I could do this.. so we shall see. I had a cookie exchange last night and came home with 12 dozen different kinds of cookies ( which are headed to the freezer today).. yessss I admit I did try a few - not all but let's just say I got a sugar spike, so serves me right ( hence the extra mile on the treadmill today) LOL..

Itryharder - I do believe that the c25k is what helped me lose that pound.. I`m noticing shifting in my body structure from the running ( still not enjoying it) but the changes are a perk.. tomorrow will be day 3 of week 3 ( as I`ve decided to just do it every other day to get me thru the program).. Awesome job on being OP..

Princess - are you excited to be starting somewhere new? May I ask what you usually take to your zumba classes? I don't think we ever get done what we hope to.. it just seems time flies anymore!

Jar - hope all is good your way.. have fun with you DH today!!!

Hi to everyone else and I hope you have a wonderful day!!

bandit2
11-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Morning turtles

Rainey day up here and I have been sick the last few days. Turtled at Thurs meeting, went to my dd in Tor Fri night & stayed over which was fun.
But stayed home yesterday & was in bed for most of it. Just a nasty cold -
feel better today until I start coughing.

Sounds like everyone is super busy & enjoyed their Thanksgiving which is nice.
So heres to another great week for everyone.

Our challenge will end when after Biggest Loser is finished - I think that is
Dec 13 so our final weigh in will be Dec 15th or whatever your weigh in days is.

HOpe that works for everyone!

life4evr
11-30-2011, 02:55 AM
Just popping in I can't seem to shake myself outta my rut.

Princes I feel you about the TOM thing.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Eww will post more later when I feel better.

terrod99
11-30-2011, 07:24 AM
Rain Rain Go Away!!!

It is still raining at least it isnt snow we would have had a pile by now!!!
Its keeping me from walking!

Chocolates and cookies, treats are starting to come in at work!!! HELP!!!!
Please give me strength to abstain!!!

Bandit/Life hope you gals feel better soon.
Princess Hope you have a great first day at work!!
Judy Here's hoping to getting both the exercise and the eating right at the same time!!
Jar/Taylor/Cherry Hope you girls are well and OP.

Terri

Taylorsjourney
11-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Wahoo it's Wednesday and Terri our rain turned to snow over night.. just a light covering but it just makes that Christmas feeling come all over you... as I sit typing this I am dethawing lol.. got up and did my workout ( did I mention my treadmil is out in our barn - no heat barn LOL ).. well today when I walked outside the snow just put the burn in me.. so got the run part of it done and then I was so pumped up I went for the 1000 calorie burn.. I don't know where this burst of energy has come from but I will go with it while it lasts.. today is a day of errand running and then I am taking my Mom shopping.. I see a starbucks skinny peppermint mocha in my day as a reward.. wahoooo..

life4evr just hang in there.... I try to read a little bit of the ww blogs and so many times you will see where people find they cant get in the groove and then it comes back.. always remember you're worth it and even if it's just a matter of managing that's all good..

Terri - I wish I could be like those I see who exercise outside.. at least in the barn the walls block the elements but its becoming challenging.. I might look for clothing that has thermal something in it .. we hooked an old tv up for me so I can at least have something to keep my mind amused.. I know about the treats at work.. so far everyone's been pretty good about keeping them in the back room out of my sight but those chocolate balls are the hardest to say no too.. they seem so small how can they have such a high calorie ration in them.

Princess - I hope all goes well on your first day at your job today..

Banditt sorry to hear you weren't feeling well.. so many things going around I hope you're on the mend..

hey to everyone else and I hope you are all doing okay.. tomorrow is the first day of December... have a good one!!!

bandit2
11-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Hi turtles:

Rain turned to snow & has covered the cars at work. Doesn't look like it
is sticking to roads, which is fine by me.

Taylor - maybe what you need for workouts is some ski clothing. I have some turtlenecks that are lightweight but super warm & thermal long-johns
that do the trick. Ski clothing is made of good material that really keeps you warm but you don't get all sweaty or overheated. Lots of time if we are doing outdoors things, I wear mine and usually only one not complaining about being cold.

Still fighting this cold & am probably going to miss Zumba tonight. If I start jumping around I will end up having coughin fit and that is not fun for anyone.

My Tops is having a potluck for our Christmas get together. Anyone have any ideas about what I can make night before, bring to work for the day & then take to potluck at night. I have fridge at work & also I was thinking of maybe doing a crockpot that could cook all day & it would still be warm by time I got there. If I don't come up with something, I might just buy stuff at noon. Ideas appreciated.

Hope you are all doing well this week.

Itryharder
11-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Hi Guys,
I'll check back in later, but for now I'm thrilled I knocked off most of the Thanksgiving weight and was only up 1# at WI.
Judy

life4evr
11-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks everyone. My goal is to stay OP today or at the very minimum track and pay everything I eat today. I work third tonight, so that is a major snacking time. But I am going to try to snack on clemintines, not sure how you spell that. Hope everyone has a good day.

loose seal
11-30-2011, 02:46 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at 3FC. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

OMG, that's brilliant! So many times I've given up because the scale was moving too slowly, or not at all, and that has gotten me exactly nowhere. I never thought to think like a turtle. Thanks for that!

Princess1122
11-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Hi all and happy Wednesday to you all, my start date got bumped back to Friday due to a glitch in the paper work so we will see how it all plays out from here. I have lots of last minute things to get done so am going to run but wanted to make a quick stop by.

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
11-30-2011, 05:39 PM
:welcome3: to Loose Seal. Yes, the idea of the Turtle group was started by a sterling lady, Lin, many years ago. I post here because the support is terrific. We have a lot of good losers here. We also have plenty of us who have lost weight several times, regained it, and are on another attempt to get it off and keep it off. I think I can speak for everyone when I say no one loses quickly, but over time we are all losing. Glad the opening statement struck a chord with you! Good luck. :goodvibes:

Princess, I think it's a good thing that you're starting a tiny bit later back at work. You know how to get a lot done in a short amount of time. :bravo:
Sorry to hear about TOM coming back with a vengeance. Hopefully this will straighten out soon.

Bandit, hope you're feeling well by now. As far as your pot luck, would you think that might be a good time for Impossible Veggie Pie? Or would you want to make a zero calorie soup in the slow cooker? Oh, I guess you'd have to bring bowls then so that might not work. I think a trifle always looks pretty------angelfood cake, lite cherry pie filling, Cool Whip----easy--just a thought. :chef:

Taylor, I give you all the credit in the world to do the "couchie" thing. I forget what you call it. In the cold barn? You're a trooper. :strong:

Life4evr, I am so pleased that you're watching what you're eating and tracking today. You know how to make this work. We're all pulling for you!
:exercise: Working the third is tough, especially with goodies around, but you can do this.

Cherry, Jar, how are you guys doing? :chef: :tread:

Terri, it must be tough to work in an office where all those "goodies" come in. I can't help but think they are delicious, but just not for us this holiday. They make losing weight too tough. :chef:

Is anyone setting a specific goal about cookies and desserts for the month? I'd be interested.

I think I have finally learned a lesson. This is it: Right after Thanksgiving and Black Friday I ate home cooking that had plenty of salt. The foods were very different than I usually eat. The next day I was up 4-5#. I did not overindulge or have a huge binge. The foods were simply different and the portions were larger. By Wed., by eating well on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday I knocked off 3-4# pounds. Those were, what I'll now call, "fake pounds". Salt and extra sugar, etc. packed them on, but as long as I caught it early enough those pounds didn't stay on. Most of them are gone. I plan to knock off this pound and then lose another pound to keep my weight loss going. I can do this! We can all do this!

Judy
234.6/185/179 and thinner :cool: I'd like to hit 179 by mid-January

loose seal
11-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Itryharder . . . thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah, I totally love the turtle mindset. What a great way to look at it.

My fav part of Thanksgiving is stuffing. I make it homemade and boy oh boy I could just sit and eat that with gravy. I also notice that I'm a puffer fish for several days after Thanksgiving meals. This year I ate stuffing but really watched my portion and did not go back for seconds. I only had it once leftover and again, ate a much smaller portion than I normally would. I didn't feel nearly as puffy. All that bread contributes to puffiness, at least in me. I also don't salt anything (except spuds) while I'm cooking to try and cut down on the sodium. Oh and I bought reduced sodium chicken broth which had MORE sodium in it than the cooking stock I also bought. Go figure. Next year I'm going to make sure I have enough home made stock (I use it for the stuffing).

Again, thx for the nice words.

terrod99
12-01-2011, 06:58 AM
A warm Turtle welcome to loose seal!!!

Rain turned to snow and ice!!! Roads ok, back out on the streets today!! Too wet to walk the last 2 day, no break even at lunch.

Together we will make it throught the holiday!!!(So i keep telling myself) I am south in a little more than 3 weeks eeeeeek!!!! I did buy a new bathing suit haven't tried it on !!!!
I really needed the booty camp but my sister wasn't able to commit to teaching the classes, she said maybe spring. Yes a good excuse for me!!! If I keep the excuses going I may never get out of the 190's!!!

Bandit what about bringing some sort of salad, most you can make a head and they will keep, maybe broccoli salad?

Everyone have a great day!!! Keep at it!

Terri

Princess1122
12-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Super cold here this morning with lots of frost! I have lots of last minute stuff to do today to get ready for tomorrow and I have my TOPS Christmas party tonight, we are meeting at a local Red Lobster - the scale is way up right now but that is due to some bad eating choices and TOM so am not looking forward to W/I.

Loose Seal: Welcome to our group, we are thrilled to have you with us!

Bandit: I sure hope you feel better soon! I am thinking a salad or a trifle like Judy said would work well.

Taylor: I really need to get my butt moving again with the exercise, I see you posting about getting yours in and that is so awesome!

Terri: Bet you are looking forward to your vacation time!

Judy: You seem like you are in a good place right now, that is a wonderful thing!

Life: Hope you are doing well!

Jeanne: How are things going with you?

Cherry: Hope you are doing ok!

Have a great day all!

CherryAutumn
12-01-2011, 01:00 PM
loose seal - welcome!:D Sounds like you made better choices with your portions. Great job.

Hello to everyone. So far scale is looking good for weigh in day. I have done fairly good so far this week. It is getting close to that TOM so I hope the scale will still be kind and I need to not worry to much about the fluctuations. I will need to watch the cravings though.

loose seal
12-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Terri, Princess and C.A. . . . thanks for the warm welcome!

Got my exercise and dogs walk in, b-fast and lunch were on target and am off to grocery shop. I want steak for dinner! lol Hope they have some Delmonico's on sale. Getting brisk here. Need to decorate for Christmas. Need to Christmas shop! I"m way behind . . . .

Itryharder
12-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Hi Turtles,
Terri, I know you were exercising before the idea of a Boot Camp with your sister. What were you doing? You must be happy to have the southern warmth in your future. :strong:

Whoa! How fast everything can change. Dh and I went for boardwalk walk, then stopped atTrader Joe's. He bought cashews and I've been eating them.
Have to stop. It made me want pizza for dinner. So, I'm here to change my mind about that. Thanks!!!!!

Loose Seal, good ideas about stuffing and portion control and looking ahead even as far ahead as next year. WEigh to go! :chef:

Cherry, I'm thrilled that you've had a good week. We keep on proving time and again that we can do this. Baby steps and we'll all get to goal. :goodscale:

Princess, enjoy your party at Red Lobster. It sounds like fun. :hat:
It's easy for scale to go up, but we're all working on it. Success is on its way. I can feel it. Good luck with your new job.

Bandit, enjoy your weekend. :dance:

Tomorrow we're picking up grandson from school (parent teacher conference afternoon) and we'll bring him to a local nursery that has a great Santa and Christmas display. Then we'll have lunch at the cafe there. It sounds like a good time. Dh and I got a lot done today and I took a five minute nap. Woke up hungry-----or more truthful, woke up craving foods.
I can do this . I'm getting a cup of boullion and I'm putting some green peas in it. That'll do the trick for now.

Best to everyone. Seal, I'm a retired teacher----oldest member in the group here. I like to crochet, quilt, and read. I love walking and feel so much better when I get out and do that. My dh and I have 3 kids, all married, and 3 grandchildren. He and I like to walk at the beach on the boardwalk. We try and get out at least 4x a week, but go daily when we can. Let us know something about you.

Judy
234.6/185/179 and thinner :cool:

Taylorsjourney
12-01-2011, 10:39 PM
hi there everyone..

welcome Seal.. you will find this to be an amazing group who just take it one step at a time..

Itryharder you had me cracking up so hard with the "couchie" comment.. its couch potato to run mode but couchie works.. tomorrow will be a real test for me.. I am to do a warm up then run for 3 mins. walk for a min and half then run for 5 - seriously does that sound like fun to you .. NO it doesn't but I have committed to this dang thing and will see it thru to the end.. who knows might surprise myself but right now soooo not feeling it.. Have an awesome time with your grandson.. btw what is your novel about..

Princess - Red lobster sounds heavenly.. I can almost smell those cheddar biscuits as I type this.. I am really just trying to be in the best place for me before that surgery so it's pure determination to exercise.. they told me my down time will be 6 weeks and that just frightens the beeejeepers out of me.. I know I'm not supposed to push it but I'm thinking if I can be in good shape going in maybe the recovery time can be adjusted.. who knows.. will see.. but thanks for always supporting me on it - means alot

Banditt - THANK YOU I would of never thought of ski clothing.. I am going to go to our local sport mart and hopefully they will have something like that for me - if not off to the city I go.. but that would work perfectly!! I hope you have a lovely time with your Tops group and that you were able to find something to take that would work for everyone... I also hope you are feeling better

Cherry - GOOD FOR YOU.. one step at a time girlfriend.. you can do this

Terri - got to just love this Ontario weather ( sarcasm coated).. you just never know what it will end up being like..

well today was a long day for me at work.. woke up this morning and realized my body wasn't going to be working out.. then I did a back track and figured out I had worked out 6 days in a row so yeah it definitely was a required rest day.. I keep forgetting those rest days are just as important as the work outs so that is what I did.. It is becoming so festive all over and I am finally feeling the jingle jingle ling spirit of Christmas.. My daughter will be flying home in 23 days and I am so excited to see her .. I think I might try out a recipe I heard someone talk about at work.. take a chocolate cake mix and add 1 can of diet coke and bake like a cake.. 2 pts per serving.. goodies are my downfall so if I can find a way to make them attainable then I'm all for it..

wishing everyone a great evening...

Princess1122
12-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! Today is my first day on the new job so I need to just say a quick hello and then get moving.

The TOPS party was fun last night but I did not get home till about 10:00 pm so am tired this morning but a large cup of coffee should help! This new job is in downtown Indy so I need to leave a bit early to figure out where I am going and I don't want to be late on my first day.

W/I was terrible last night... I was up 2.8 lbs so need to get my head back in the game!

Have a great day all!

Taylor: I have made that cake many times and it is very good! Enjoy!

terrod99
12-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Princess hope you have a great first day at work!!!

TGIF to everyone else! I am tired and need rest!
Walking then work half day, shopping, cookie baking for exchange Saturday.
Work gals are going for sushi haven't decided on that yet. Hubby is off to lake for the final trip before winter.

Have a great day/weekend gals!!!

Terri

loose seal
12-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Hi all. I'm off to try and get some Christmas shopping done then back home for decorating. Well, the outside at least. Tomorrow we're tackling the inside.

Workout is done, quick shower next then b-fast, dogs walk, mall. And I want to be back home by noon so I have a few hours before the herd hits the door. Busy day.

Have great weekend!

Turtle, turtle. :)

Itryharder
12-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Hi Turtles,
Taylor, I think you're smart to get your exercise in. You may very well cut your recovery time. You're young and healthy and you're in great shape.
Glad you liked my "couchie" comment. I tend to shorten things. Lol. You're doing great. I've made the Diet Coke cake too and think it's good.
Also, Fresca or Diet Sprite or any Light colored Diet drink with white cake mix or yellow cake mix works great too. Another favorite of mine is the angelfood cake mixed with only a can of pineapple (crushed and in its own juice). That usually works out to three points per serving and it's yummy. :chef:

Princess, good luck on your new job. My guess is that food wasn't easy this last week when you tried to get everything done when you knew you'd be back at work. I know how :strong: you are and the food will get under control with your new routine.

Terri, I hope you get some nice rest soon.:cb: A cookie exchange is a great idea. I'm putting off baking cookies until the very last minute. They are a huge temptation to me.

Cherry, congrats again on a good OP week. Weigh to go! :goodscale:

Bandit, how are you doing? I am determined to get another pound off before our Biggest Loser Challenge deadline. I know I can do it. (My secret challenge to myself is to be 179# on Jan. 1st. That may be too much of a stretch since there are so many "holidays" inbetween now and then)

Life4evr, Seal, Jar, how are you guys doing? :high:

Good luck to all of us!
Judy

lots2go
12-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Hey all, just checking in. I have no time anymore, not even to get online....so so so busy.

I'm doing ok, maintaining, i gained over the thanksgiving week, but have lost that now, so i'm back to where i was. around 190. I'm so ready to get into the mid to lower 180s. I didn't exercise during the thanksgiving week either, so now i've started that again, and feel GREAT.

i'm hoping to lose some before christmas so that i won't be too far out of balance. i'm starting another 1/2 marathon training in 2 weeks. i'm excited, but not about running in the winter. That doesn't sound fun at all to me right now lol.

i just found the turtles group on facebook and "asked to join" can't wait to get that going. i have a smart phone maybe that'll help me stay in check. :)

i do have a nsv to share though :) i was at target yesterday and happened upon jeans on sale. now, mind you, i've got 4 kids and have been married 10 years. i don't buy myself new clothes EVER unless its super duper clearance or at goodwill :) anyway, they were on sale for $15 and all of mine are a little big (size 16) so i decided i'd treat myself to a pair of NEW never been worn before size 14. so i did! got them home, and washed them hung them up to dry. put them on today, and guess what! they're too BIG! I went back and got a 12!! I'm so very excited!!! can't wait to put those on and them FIT!!! woop woop :)

hope everyone has a blessed weekend, stay warm and safe, they're talking winter precip. here in oklahoma next week....i say bring it on! we'll see :)

Itryharder
12-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Lots2go! Weigh to go on getting through Thanksgiving and planning for Christmas and the marathons. Yay! :tread: Also big :high: on getting into 12 jeans. That's amazing!

Good to see you here again and on the Turtles on Facebook!

Judy

Princess1122
12-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Saturday to you all!

My first day on the job went well yesterday and I think that i will be able to get into a routine there plus it is downtown so that means walking in from the parking lots each day and the place is huge so I should be able to get in lots of just random walking plus I will start to take the stairs again!

I have soooo much to do today but I wanted to get online quick to say good morning to everyone! Will get back on later on when things calm down to do some personal postings!

loose seal
12-03-2011, 09:42 AM
lots2go . . . . wow, what great thing to have happen! Stories like this make me even more determined because I want to put on my size 12 jeans again and have them be too big. Right now I look like a stuffed sausage in them. lol Congrats and keep up the good work.

There's a Turtles Facebook page? Who knew! Can someone link me the FB page? I can't seem to find it on my own. Thx.

Am off to do some yoga in a bit then spending the day trying to get the house in order. How can it go from clean, neat and tidy on Thanksgiving to chaos one week later? And why is maintaining a level of chaos possible but maintaining the level of clean/neat/tidy seemingly impossible? I'm sure its a Murphy's Law kind of thing.

Have a good day and remember if you get tempted to go off plan by some food screaming your name? Just. Say. NO.

bandit2
12-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Morning turtles:

Judy - I'm doing fine and feeling abit better, but still have a terrible cough
but getting better each day. To be under 180# but the New Year would be awesome, keep up your good work & you will get there for sure.

Lots - nice nvs with the jeans, you must be pumped about that. Little surprises like that really give us that little extra push we all need. Keep it
going!

Princess - glad to hear your first day at work went well, that is always a blessing and bonus for the extra walking (silver lining)

Taylor - you enjoying our sunny day! It is gorgeous out there today so
enjoy while we can.

Loose Seal - Welcome to our group! I am sure you will find lots of support and tips here, great group of ladies here. Where are you from?

As for myself, still dealing with this awful cough but on the move & getting things done. I turtled once again this week & can't complain since the Christmas goodies & outtings have started. Trying to be good but ever now & then something gets past my lips & we all know too much will land on your hips.

Well, my kitchen blinds are up & I organized some things and have less clutter which is nice.

My dd is coming home for the night so will visit with her for awhile before she heads outs with her friends. Always nice having her here & thankful she lives
close enough to come home often.

Tomorrow - is going to tree day & once that is done, then I really feel Christmassey.

All - have a great weekend and hopefully we can keep in control most of the time but enjoy ourselves along the way.

life4evr
12-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Hi everyone just dropping in real quick. Had a slight gaine when I weighed in on Friday. So I do WW online and I am not sure how I feel about the changes. Alot of people are saying their points dropped. Well mine didin't go any where. I have to do more exploring on the site. Hope everyone is well. Have a good evening.

Princess1122
12-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all! Got the Tree up last night, youngest DS and his GF along with D-DIL and G-Baby came over to help. I put out a big salad and flat breat pizzas for supper for everyone so over all we did well and had a good evening.

I have a ton of stuff to get done today but wanted to do a quick reply to loose seal about our Facebook page - we sure do have one and we would love to have you join us! Send a private message to Taylorsjourney (or me and I will pass it along to Taylor) with your name as you are listed on facebook and she will do a search for you and then send you a invitation, she is the admin of the site for us.

Have a great day everyone... I have to run but hope to get back on later on!

terrod99
12-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Tis the season to be Busy!!!!

Weekend goes by so fast no time to think!!!!! Sushi with work gals Friday night, Sat am with Mom, afternoon cookie exchange, eve actully relaxed watched a movie with DS.

Today dig out summer wear start packing, Value Village shopping with SIL for shorts for trip, grocery shopping, meal prep for week ahead, laundry, probably have to visit Mom (she will call for something she needs and can't wait for).

Not even thinking tree as we are leaving the 22nd. I should ask DS if he would like tree he is only 12 !!!

Well I am still getting my walking in most mornings will switch to Y next week, My boss has been going weekday mornings to the Y so I have to go she asked me the other day!! this is a good thing she will give me heck if she doesn't see me there!! Food is so so!!! But keepin at it!

Have a great Sunday gals!
Terri

Itryharder
12-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Hi turtles,
Princess, great that you had a family get together to put up your tree. And you had figure friendly food. :chef: Yay!

Terri, so great you're still getting in your :exercise: Good to have your boss looking over your shoulder.

I'm taking a little break this week. Am eating "normal" food, not so much JC. Also I pulled a muscle in my groin so haven't gotten out walking or :tread: However, dh and I finished decorating. I never realized how many actual hours it takes. Wow. I love it, though, and wouldn't have it any other way. I did the tree by myself while he was doing so many other things. It took over three hours just for the tree. Wacko!!! The whole house is ready to go. I've been shopping online, my favorite. It's so funny. When shopping online became available, I didn't think I'd ever do that. But what I have found in that some merchants I really like have consistently keep up their quality and I don't need to "see it" to buy it. Very few disappointments and it's my best way to shop.

Food has been okay. I want to lose a pound this week, so I need to be a bit more careful. Those cashews keep calling me.

Everybody have a great day. I hear how busy you all are. It reminds me of when I was working and balancing a family and house. Not easy, but still joyful.

Best to everybody!!!

Judy

Taylorsjourney
12-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Okay who took our snow and replaced it with rain LOL!!!

Good morning everyone.. its drab out there so the lights are lit in the house and with it being toasty I'm loving it.. Had a Christmas dinner last night with my Aunt.. she is my favourite Aunt and it's so hard at times as her health is declining .. made the best food choices I could and not going to worry if it the scale goes up tomorrow.. today will water water water to flush the salt out.. that's what I notice the most.. today we are going to finish up the last of the decorating and later on I will head out to workout..

life4evr - I do WW online and I received an email last week telling me we would see our changes Dec 6th.. the only point drop I've heard is it goes from 29 to 26 dp.. other then that I've heard nothing so will wait and see what happens Tuesday .. I just figure if that's the case and I need the 29 will just take it out of my Wp or Ap..

Princess - sounds like you had a lovely evening with family.. that's the best part I always say.. I love when my kids go thru the tree ornaments and you hear the story connected to them.. Awesome about the work place and the stairs.. you get the glutes moving and grooving LOL.. woo hoo you will have a bootylicous hiney LOL

Banditt - glad to hear you're starting to feel better and I hope you had a lovely visit with your daughter.. With mine living in Calgary I miss her so much .. I was able to get the clothing you recommended and found it worked out wonderfully thank you again for the suggestion.. so your home is all set for the holidays how wonderful is that..

lots2go - another marathon .. wowzers and training it 2 weeks BEFORE Christmas.. that's amazing LOL.. I shiver about going out to the barn to use my treadmill and here you are outside in the elements.. hats off to you girl.. Awesome about the jeans it just makes your day doesn't it..

Terri - sounds like you are going to have a fun vacation away.. shorts in December means somewhere warm LOL I will be trying out Sushi on the 13th should be interesting..

Everyone else hello HAVE A WONDERFUL SUNDAY!!!

Taylorsjourney
12-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Hi ladies... things are moving along here.. lost this week will post on other site.. made my soup to go with this dreary day and tonight I start my first class of Zumba - nervous about that but will go in with the attitude to have fun and see what happens.. supposed to drop in temps later this week so dh is hopeful we will get that last field off.. can not believe we are in December and not done..

Have an awesome day everyone!!

Itryharder
12-05-2011, 06:58 PM
TAylor, you are amazing! Weigh to go! :goodscale: You're doing great at a pretty tough time of the year. :bravo: Love your posts on facebook too.

Today was an emotional day, but my eating was quite good. I tried to come up and over the problem. It's too silly to go into here, but it is resolved and tomorrow's another day. What is wonderful about today is I didn't let food "help" me out-----which would have added up to guilt. I'm not exercising because I pulled a muscle, but today it's feeling better and tomorrow will be an :exercise: day. I don't think I've lost any weight, but I can keep on keepin' on!

Good luck to all of us. :cheer: and :bravo: and :balloons: to all of us with our efforts.

Judy

Princess1122
12-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Hello everyone~! Super long day for me so I am going to make this short.

Congrats to Taylor
Speedy recovery to Judy
Great job on the holiday decorating to Bandit
Good luck on the trip prep to Terri
Loose Seal - Hope you are able to get onto the Turtles site on facebook
Life - eager to hear what you find out about WW new 2012 plans

Sorry so short but my butt is dragging... off to bed to prepare for another long day tomorrow.

terrod99
12-06-2011, 06:56 AM
Hey All

Haven't been near a scale, but I'm keepin at it! Still walking, eating is so so! Many challenges!!! But thats life!

Keep at it gals and we will make it!!!! We are doing this!

Terri

loose seal
12-06-2011, 09:01 AM
I'm still plugging away. Messed up big time last night with a box of Frosted Flakes . . gaaaaa . . . but am back on track today and determined to not go to the 'I screwed up what's the use' place. If I stay at 1500 cals or less per day for the remainder of the week I should be good. This is where the turtle mentality is helping.

Princess . . not doing anything w/FB Turtle page right now because we are having some computer problems. I wasn't able to get on here yesterday at all and am still having problems. Maybe after things get cleared up . . . .

Itryharder
12-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi Turtles,
We're running long and I've got a minute so I'll start a new thread. See you all at # 271 Bale of Turtles Heading for the Goal!

Terri, good for you for keeping up the exercise. That's gotta help.

Princess, thanks for chiming in even with your long days. It always helps us.

Loose Seal, Oh those danged Frosted Flakes! But you're absolutely right. Keep the rest of the week focused and you'll still lose weight. Glad the turtle philosophy is a help.

Life4evr, Cherry, Bandit, Jar, and all the Turtles: We're doing great. We can do this. I'm trying to remember and put into action the ideas that the small things I do can add up to my reaching goal in 2012. It's a good aim. My very very short term goal is to knock off weight by Friday and our group WI. We can do this!!!

My leg muscle is finally "fine" and I'll exercise today. Let's all have a great day!

Judy

Taylorsjourney
12-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Hello everyone... we had a dusting of snow last night that remained on the ground this morning - wooo hoo.. will take that right now over the rain.. I have a long work day today so thought I would hop on here and give a shout out before I leave..

Itryharder - Awesome job on the food choices when going thru emotional times.. I'm still working on that one.. bummer on the pulled muscle, just make sure you take your time coming back so you don't do more damage... thank you for the congrats... it has to be the working out that is helping me with the losing..I'm a morning person so I've made the committment to me to just do it .. I'm finding it less of a chore and actually looking forward to the "me" time it creates ( even if sometimes its 530 in the morn LOL)..

Princess - are you enjoying the job even though it's making for long days? Make sure you get your rest and don't forget to take care of you..

Terri - are you doing a vacation day countdown..lol..

loose seal - keep on plugging it's what we all do.. so many ups and downs with what life hands us that it really is best described as a roller ride.. I wish you the best of luck in making the choices that work for you..

So last night was my first every Zumba class and I loved it.. as my daughter said she would of paid to see me rockin it to Lady Gaga... I considered it a huge coo that I even recognized one of the songs and who sings it LOL.. wasn't sure how this morning would go but no pains yet so will see if its tomorrow I get hit.. my big thing is I'm worried about the lean muscle burn after workouts like this.. usually I will make a protein shake or have some organic greek yogurt but with these pts changing it should be interesting how to figure it out.. anyway will see what happens.. so far nothing online delivered and my email said sometime today.. okay better get moving here..

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!!