Old 11-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Default WOW New Year!! New Me!! Challenge

This is our last challenge of 2011! Taking us into 2012 and resolution time!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #2  

OK my friends, miss you all, so here is our thread to get us to the rest of the year. I plan on getting a real head start on my 2012 fitness goals thru the end of the year so that I am ready to hit the ground running in 2012. Hope we are all able to refocus on us!!

Mother Mavis-drawn from an old nickname.
I am 45, the very proud mother of 2 college students. A wife, daughter, daughter in law and like all of us, pulled in way 2 many directions. Struggling to carve out time in my day for me.

I want to follow those ladies who have that monniker about " A year from now, you'll be glad you started today" I can't seem to stick with it and I know that has to be where I get to in order to see success!! Way upped my Vitamin D and trying to sort out the menopause thing. I'll get there

My goal thru the holidays is to get to 150, I was there just a few weeks back, not trying to lose a bunch right now, if I can just get to 150 and stick thru New Years, that would be fine.

W 100 oz a day!
E Something everyday, restarting C25K, alternating dreadmill and elliptical on non-running days. Worry about weights after January, just gonna get the cardio back on track. Pedometer went back on yesterday, got almost 12k steps!
E WW, it works, just gotta do it
D Trying to dig out of the depression, gonna get there too.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #3  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Hi Mother Mavis!
I'd love to join this challenge! I have had tremendous trouble in the past actually following through and am part of a few groups on here which has helped a lot! But there is always room for more inspiration!

Tavvy: My name is Tabatha, in school everyone used to call me Tabby. My married last name starts with a V so I subbed the "b"s for "v"s because tabby is rarely available and tavvy is never taken.

I am 22, a newly wed (as of April), have two dogs (toby and katie) and a cat (zimba), work full-time as a nanny, and we are currently in the process of picking and building our first home

My goal before the new year is to be under 255 and for my workouts to be more of a habit and less of a burden!

W: 81+ oz a day
E: P90x everyday! On weight training days I will add a dance or kickboxing video to get more cardio into my schedule.
E: Low-carb diet (less than 100 carbs, more than 100 proteins)
D: Take all things one day at a time! Keep the end results in mind but do not lose patience in getting there!

Look forward to getting to know everyone! Only 36 days to the new year
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/154/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi there, I am new to 3FC and have been lurking for a week or two. I like the WEED concept and would love to share in this. I'm 43 years old. I'm at 162 this morning. I did Jillian Michaels at the beginning of this year and got down to 147, but an emergency surgery slowed things down a bit. And a million other excuses...starting college again etc. I have always been a little chunky in the butt which bothered me, but now all of a sudden I have a flabby belly...I mean like over a few months it has developed when my whole life it has been my best feature flat and small waist. Now Im losing my curves and I want them back. I also love the way I feel when Im in shape.
Evening eating is my biggest issue. And a glass of wine will make me crave snacks. Gotta find something to keep me occupied before bed. I can't go to bed at 6pm everynight to avoid the food.

So here goes:
W: 80 oz a day
E: 5 miles of something everyday minimum. (I usually do way more but this is a must)
E: try to cut out the carbs and sodium. Up the protein and eat more often to boost metabolism
D: I am what God says I am. Not defined by anyone else.

Off to the gym now.

Last edited by Dharma420; 11-26-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Dharma420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #5  

Welcome Tavvy and Dharma!

Dharma, loved that show! Not sure, but we could be twins, I am a couple years older, but the weight, the surgery, the wine...all the same!

Tavvy, congrats on the marriage! Love to hear about the new house (I sell real estate, so always like to hear the good and the bad for ideas!)

Celebrating my son's birthday, so will be back later to chat more!
Old 11-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #6  

So I was doing some surfing for fat answers last night...we all do it And I read that alcohol can actually slow down you metabolism up to 73% yikes! I was having trouble figuring out how alcohol could be so bad for weight loss when the calories arn't that bad in some drinks. But, when you think about alcohol as a chemical overall...why do we drink that stuff ? LOL So it's got me rethinking the wine thing seriously. I can live without it, but it has really been nice to come home to after a few rough months.

About my belly flab....could this be from the depo shot?? I researched that too and it does increase your appetite but I only found one person (perhaps on this forum, can't remember) who said it was directly related to belly fat. I really want to stay on it as I have no periods and I feel really good now. A miserable period will make me eat and lay around dooming my weightloss too.

I did good with the water yesterday, got my workout in...8+ miles running and biking, and ate well until the 3pm monster and that glass of wine got me eating french bread with cheese for dinner. (THUD)

Hows things with you girls?

Hugs!
Dharma
Old 11-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hello Everyone, I'll join ya. I've been stuck around my current weight for the past two years. I really started back, focusing and eating right , about 6 weeks ago. I'm not losing weight as quickly as I did before. I was use to losing a pound every day or so. Now its gonna take a week to get one pound off.... which sucks. But, I'm focused and determined and will get to my goal by summer if it kills me. lol

W: 80 oz a day
E- 3-4 miles
E-1500 calories
D-If you want something bad enough, you'll do whatever it takes.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #8  

Morning all! Refrained from overindulging in triple chocolate cake last night, did take a sliver but that was it! Now, today, back to college for my boys and all the food trash is going in the trash! No junk to tempt me.

Dharma, I have to say that made me think too. I am going to try and forgo the alcohol at home, limit it to a glass of wine at the Christmas parties etc and see if that makes a difference thru til the New Year. All the stress in my life makes me grab a drink or two almost every night. Have to stop.

Neesy, welcome!

I had to run & pick up YS's new computer today. If you are using a laptop without a fan, stop! We had to buy a new computer because the processor fried on the old one and the computer guy said it was from him using it on the bed in the dorm without the bottom being able to breathe. I learned an expensive lesson! But, he has to go back to college and needs to be able to write his papers, so....there you go

Off to put up the outside lights. We have snow on the ground, but it's about 45 today, so not likely to get a better day to do it!

W 100 is the plan
E Treadmill a little later
E Points! Don't go over!
D Enjoy the little things. Find a great calorie free holiday treat.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #9  

well, so far today I'm:

W: 2/3 to my water goal.
E: I did 10 miles combined running, hill climbing and biking.
E: writing down my calories and making decent choices so far
D: I know I have everything I need to suceed in me and so do you!

If you need me I'll be hiding from the afternnoon evil that makes me eat and drink
Old 11-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #10  

Hi y'all! I'd like to join in!

I'm in my mid-fifties and I'm an old maid school-marm teaching third grade. Every summer I lose about 15 pounds, but every school year I gain it back. This year I want to KEEP IT OFF!

Over the summer I went from 145 t0 130 by following (loosely) the Mediterranean Diet and swimming laps almost every day in the apartment pool. Now it's too cold to swim, even here on the Texas coast, so I have switched to jogging. But I can't do it every day... it makes my knees and back hurt if I do.

There is a 5K at church in March. Last year I finished in 42 minutes. This year I want to be under 40, maybe even 38 minutes.

W: 64+ ounces
E: 2-mile jogs or use exercise machine
E: whole grains, cut back on candy and cookies
D: Time for my workouts should be a priority!

Annie

Last edited by Tabbycat; 11-27-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #11  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

W 72 oz
E walk 3 times per week 3.5 miles at a time
E eat at least 1 pound of veggies each day
D pay more attention to my hard working husband
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #12  

Welcome Annie and Sun!!

Sun, love the veggie goal!!

Annie, just restarted C25k myself. I am with you, cannot run every day, but I am going to try and run every other day and use the elliptical on the others!

My boys went back to college today. I miss them when they are gone, but only a few weeks and they will be home for a nice long break!!

PS: Got my exercise and my food goals today. Now trying to finish my water!!

Last edited by mothermavis; 11-27-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #13  

Tavvy, do you like p90x? I have been thinking about it. Also thinking of Zumba for the WII, so everybody, please tell me what you have for home that you like.

Today is my day to finish my Christmas decorations. I am on vacation this week and planned to finish decorating and most of my shopping this week, but, my older son has given me no ideas yet....

w 100 oz today
e elliptical, may do "just dance' too
e pop, d2
d celebrate little victories
Old 11-28-2011, 08:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 204.8/197/150

Height: 5'7

Simply want to feel good when going out on New Years for the first time in ages. I hope to hit 180 lbs by the New Years .
W: 64 oz daily ( 16 oz are green tea)
E: Alternate between "Cardio Days" and "Weights Days". Cardio days will consist of cardio workouts twice a day, 30 minutes running or elliptical in the morning and afternoon, or a Gym/ Dance class. Weights days will consist of a weight training session, and a pilates workout before bed time.
E: High Fiber and High Protein, Low Carb. Only Whole grain carbs before 2 in the afternoon. Unlimited amount of lean proteins. A lot of lentils, veggies, and salads. Only fat sources will be avocados, olive oil, and low fat greek yogurt. No eating after 7 PM.
D: Each Day I will weight myself and strive to be less than I was the day before. Every oz will be a celebration. Everyday I will strive to be better than the other day, and each Day I will see it as a day closer to my Ultimate Goal Weight!!!
Sophieeex3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #15  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

I will join in

I am new to 3FC. My name is Aleshia I am 24 years old and currently in college about to start a new program next semester. I have been in the 200's for as long as I can remember and would like to be at least 195 pounds for once since I was young. I am an emotional eater. I struggle with it almost daily some days are better than others. My problem is I would never admit to my weight to others. This forum has helped me alot not only am I telling how much I weigh but am admitting when I have gain weight and gotten off track which it what I needed. I can't wait till exercise is fun and I love doing it. I like working out sometimes but not crazy inlove with it yet. My fav exercise is squats.

W 80oz
E zumba, cardio, boxing
E 1800 calories a day
D exercise every day and try not to feel guilty on the days I indulge on the bad foods.
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote