Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 01:21 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 11/23/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-23-2011, 07:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/151/130

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone
Happy preparing for Thanksgiving to all.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Hope all my U.S. IP buddies have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!! And remember, you can indulge next Thanksgiving for those in Phase 1!!! Enjoy the day with family!!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Is there a cold medication that is ok to use while on IP?

I woke up with a classic head cold. I am drinking lots of herbal tea for now. DH wants to pick up some medication for me, but wants to be sure it won't mess with IP.

TIA
Old 11-23-2011, 08:58 AM   #5  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

Just came from WI#6 -6, Total Loss -33 Went in for cardiologist visit yesterday lab reports excellent. Showed him our diet sheet. Stopped zocor and nexium on no meds now.. This is unbelievable only thing he recommeded was substitute stevia for splenda (too many chemicals in).

Booked trip for Disney for first in March to celebrate: Just realized 1. No more seat belt extenders on air plane. 2. Will be able to walk thru parks without scooter. 3. Will fit in all my favortie rides. I am on cloud nine and wanted to share that I now truly believe this might be my last diet. Thanks everyone for support on board and have a happy happy Thankgiving
Old 11-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Dieter View Post
Just came from WI#6 -6, Total Loss -33 Went in for cardiologist visit yesterday lab reports excellent. Showed him our diet sheet. Stopped zocor and nexium on no meds now.. This is unbelievable only thing he recommeded was substitute stevia for splenda (too many chemicals in).

Booked trip for Disney for first in March to celebrate: Just realized 1. No more seat belt extenders on air plane. 2. Will be able to walk thru parks without scooter. 3. Will fit in all my favortie rides. I am on cloud nine and wanted to share that I now truly believe this might be my last diet. Thanks everyone for support on board and have a happy happy Thankgiving
woohoo what a great WI and NSV congrats!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #7  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

That is awesome endless congrats!!...glad to hear you are off of all of your meds now. Now you are going to save money because you won't have to buy all those meds anymore

Good morning everyone, I WI this morning myself then its on the road to meet PaintLady then off to my mom's til Friday I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. Remember its about family and friends and NOT the food!!...I will come report my loss before I leave
Old 11-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 229/161/150

Quote:

congrats
Old 11-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/161/150

Well good morning I go for my weigh in this afternoon - my apointment is 2 hours later than usual so hopefully everything will work out. Good luck to the other weigh ins today and congrats to yesterdays losses :P - I hope everyone enjoys there day - its not gonna be so hot today so thats a nice change - !!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #10  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good early morning all and happy thanksgiving to all you american friends out there..have a great time socializing..

Its dark and early here this morning for me...woke up un-able to sleep..might have something to do with the fact that i went to bed at 8pm last night because i felt so tired..

Day 1 is officially gone and we are now on to day 2...so far no problems..looking forward to my egg omellette packet.. yum

Hey..does anyone know if liquid stevia has an aftertaste? you know how splenda has a bitter aftertaste to it? or an aftertaste? well..i saw liquid stevia in the store and was wondering if it has an aftertaste or not? i was going to try and make stewed ruhbarb, but last time i did that, i used splenda and all i could taste was the splenda and the aftertaste.. and i had to use a lot just to sweeten a small amount..

or has anyone tried erithroyl? or xylitol? do any of these have an aftertaste or funky taste to them? im looking for the one that is tasteless and has no aftertaste to it in food.

Oh and if you have any cool ideas with how to make celery taste good..let me know..im looking for recipes!
Old 11-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #11  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

I received this from my coach this morning and thought I'd share.....
Happy US Thanksgiving...I personally have so much to be thankful for and will be expressing it accordingly.

Be strong peeps and be smart!

Hello Dieters and Graduates!

We need to talk strategy for getting through the holidays! It seems to me that there are a couple different approaches to holiday eating. Let’s talk about that.

THE IRON WILL APPROACH

Some of you are recent grads and some are only weeks from graduating to maintenance. I guarantee some of you will choose the “Iron Will” approach, eating nothing that would compromise your fat burning. Good candidates for this “Iron Will” approach would be individuals who are very new to the program and haven’t mastered a strong set of healthy eating habits yet. Also, those of you with only a few weeks left on the program, following the “Iron Will” approach will ensure you meet your goal when expected. Otherwise, you will extend your time on the program by 1-2 weeks by eating foods that would compromise your fat burning. So, keep that in mind. Plan to succeed or you’re planning to fail. So, if you’re traveling to someone else’s house, bring a large platter of veggies and some Walden Farms or bring a big mixed greens salad or some other creative side that’s safe on your program.

If you plan to use the “Iron Will” approach, here are some key phrases you can use to excuse yourself politely from eating things you don’t choose to eat:

The Crafty Dismissal: “Ooh, that looks delicious! I’m stuffed so I’ll just have to take it home for later.” (then store it in your freezer ‘til graduation, pitch it in the dumpster, give it to your dog…)

The Firm Hand: “Thank you for respecting the fact that I have some personal goals I am working on and, while that looks delicious, it would compromise my goals so I’ll have to wait. Thanks!”

The Medical Excuse: “My doctor recently told me I am pre-diabetic. I really have to watch out for foods that spike my insulin. I’ll have to pass.” Guess what?! If you’re overweight, you really are pre-diabetic.

The Allergy Excuse: “I recently found out I am violently allergic to that! No thanks!” I have used this many times and it works!! The one question you might get is, “Wow, what happens when you eat it?” and your response can be as simple as this. “You don’t even wanna know!” That’ll stop the conversation right there.

THE ONE DAY PASS APPROACH

Thanksgiving comes once a year and there will be a number of dieters who feel they’ve earned a day off from Ideal Protein. If you choose this approach, here’s how I’d like to you to proceed if you choose to eat things that will compromise your fat burning.

1. Moderation is KEY. Let’s not undo all the healthy habits we’ve built on this program. Practice regulating portion sizes- eat only 1-2 teaspoons of your favorite holiday foods and do not go back for seconds. Skip the cookies and pies- they’re so full of fat and fast-acting sugar that it’s not worth it. Plus, if you don’t moderate, you may feel very sick the next day…ew.
2. The “One Day Pass” is just that- ONE DAY ONLY. You are not authorized to spend the whole week of Thanksgiving eating this way. It’s not healthy and it’s destructive to all the new healthy habits you’ve worked so hard to build- don’t undo all your hard work!
3. If you use the “One Day Pass” you must go to bootcamp the next 3 days following Thanksgiving. This means ultra low carb veggies and NO restricted food items (bars, puffs, ridges, etc.) Your pancreas needs to rest and recuperate from the abuse of the holiday foods, PLUS this will get you back into ketosis quicker.

THE ‘GOING HOG WILD’ APPROACH

This is not an acceptable approach if you are serious about changing your body, your health, and your life. I will question your motivation to lose weight if you use this approach. Here are some things to consider before “Going Hog Wild.”

1. “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you always got.” Have you heard that before? Don’t expect to do something the same way you always have and expect different results. Binge-type eating and lack of portion control is part of what let many of you to the weight at which you started the Ideal Protein journey. It takes an average of 28 days to make a habit but only one minute to break it. Tread lightly.
2. You are likely to feel very unwell that night, the next day, or even for several days after. You may feel hung-over, even if you didn’t drink but overdid it with sugars.
3. You will start carrying excess water (bonded to the new carb molecules floating through your system), feel bloated, and probably guilty and have regret. Wow, it’s so not worth it!
4. That’s expensive!! “Going Hog Wild” will cost you an extra $100-$200 because it will stop our fat loss, waste at least 5 days of progress, and ultimately extend your time on the program as well as compromise your overall results. Again, is it worth it?

In conclusion, you have a choice to make about how you will approach the holiday eating. Please know that you still should write everything you eat down in your food journal. Make choices you can feel good about.

I hope you enjoy Thanksgiving Day and I hope it’s amazing for each and every one of you!

This Thanksgiving I am grateful for all of you! You have been awesome to work with and I am grateful that you trust me to help you meet your personal goals. Thank you for being so wonderful! You make my job a true joy!

Your Coach,

KK
Old 11-23-2011, 09:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Quote:

Congrats to you! What a great achievement.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
Is there a cold medication that is ok to use while on IP?

I woke up with a classic head cold. I am drinking lots of herbal tea for now. DH wants to pick up some medication for me, but wants to be sure it won't mess with IP.

TIA
When I thought I was getting a headcold (I didn't) I asked the same question. Someone suggested going to the pharmacy and asking for medication that's for diabetics or just saying "sugar free". If it happened to me I'd still use Advil Cold and Sinus with an antihistamine (it's just a pill so I think it would be better then any cough syrup). Use the netipot on your sinuses too! It takes getting used to but I've done it daily during and after a cold and then weekly for maintenance.

Hope this helps, feel better!

Last edited by Ishbel; 11-23-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:

You might have to change your profile name soon!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
I received this from my coach this morning and thought I'd share.....
Happy US Thanksgiving...I personally have so much to be thankful for and will be expressing it accordingly.

Be strong peeps and be smart!

Hello Dieters and Graduates!

We need to talk strategy for getting through the holidays! It seems to me that there are a couple different approaches to holiday eating. Let’s talk about that.

THE IRON WILL APPROACH

Some of you are recent grads and some are only weeks from graduating to maintenance. I guarantee some of you will choose the “Iron Will” approach, eating nothing that would compromise your fat burning. Good candidates for this “Iron Will” approach would be individuals who are very new to the program and haven’t mastered a strong set of healthy eating habits yet. Also, those of you with only a few weeks left on the program, following the “Iron Will” approach will ensure you meet your goal when expected. Otherwise, you will extend your time on the program by 1-2 weeks by eating foods that would compromise your fat burning. So, keep that in mind. Plan to succeed or you’re planning to fail. So, if you’re traveling to someone else’s house, bring a large platter of veggies and some Walden Farms or bring a big mixed greens salad or some other creative side that’s safe on your program.

If you plan to use the “Iron Will” approach, here are some key phrases you can use to excuse yourself politely from eating things you don’t choose to eat:

The Crafty Dismissal: “Ooh, that looks delicious! I’m stuffed so I’ll just have to take it home for later.” (then store it in your freezer ‘til graduation, pitch it in the dumpster, give it to your dog…)

The Firm Hand: “Thank you for respecting the fact that I have some personal goals I am working on and, while that looks delicious, it would compromise my goals so I’ll have to wait. Thanks!”

The Medical Excuse: “My doctor recently told me I am pre-diabetic. I really have to watch out for foods that spike my insulin. I’ll have to pass.” Guess what?! If you’re overweight, you really are pre-diabetic.

The Allergy Excuse: “I recently found out I am violently allergic to that! No thanks!” I have used this many times and it works!! The one question you might get is, “Wow, what happens when you eat it?” and your response can be as simple as this. “You don’t even wanna know!” That’ll stop the conversation right there.

THE ONE DAY PASS APPROACH

Thanksgiving comes once a year and there will be a number of dieters who feel they’ve earned a day off from Ideal Protein. If you choose this approach, here’s how I’d like to you to proceed if you choose to eat things that will compromise your fat burning.

1. Moderation is KEY. Let’s not undo all the healthy habits we’ve built on this program. Practice regulating portion sizes- eat only 1-2 teaspoons of your favorite holiday foods and do not go back for seconds. Skip the cookies and pies- they’re so full of fat and fast-acting sugar that it’s not worth it. Plus, if you don’t moderate, you may feel very sick the next day…ew.
2. The “One Day Pass” is just that- ONE DAY ONLY. You are not authorized to spend the whole week of Thanksgiving eating this way. It’s not healthy and it’s destructive to all the new healthy habits you’ve worked so hard to build- don’t undo all your hard work!
3. If you use the “One Day Pass” you must go to bootcamp the next 3 days following Thanksgiving. This means ultra low carb veggies and NO restricted food items (bars, puffs, ridges, etc.) Your pancreas needs to rest and recuperate from the abuse of the holiday foods, PLUS this will get you back into ketosis quicker.

THE ‘GOING HOG WILD’ APPROACH

This is not an acceptable approach if you are serious about changing your body, your health, and your life. I will question your motivation to lose weight if you use this approach. Here are some things to consider before “Going Hog Wild.”

1. “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you always got.” Have you heard that before? Don’t expect to do something the same way you always have and expect different results. Binge-type eating and lack of portion control is part of what let many of you to the weight at which you started the Ideal Protein journey. It takes an average of 28 days to make a habit but only one minute to break it. Tread lightly.
2. You are likely to feel very unwell that night, the next day, or even for several days after. You may feel hung-over, even if you didn’t drink but overdid it with sugars.
3. You will start carrying excess water (bonded to the new carb molecules floating through your system), feel bloated, and probably guilty and have regret. Wow, it’s so not worth it!
4. That’s expensive!! “Going Hog Wild” will cost you an extra $100-$200 because it will stop our fat loss, waste at least 5 days of progress, and ultimately extend your time on the program as well as compromise your overall results. Again, is it worth it?

In conclusion, you have a choice to make about how you will approach the holiday eating. Please know that you still should write everything you eat down in your food journal. Make choices you can feel good about.

I hope you enjoy Thanksgiving Day and I hope it’s amazing for each and every one of you!

This Thanksgiving I am grateful for all of you! You have been awesome to work with and I am grateful that you trust me to help you meet your personal goals. Thank you for being so wonderful! You make my job a true joy!

Your Coach,

KK
Thanks for that post! Iron Will Approach ALL THE WAY! Excited to feel amazingly healthy after my Turkey Day meal and make these IP friendly recipes!!! The key is to not feel deprived. Make similar holiday items with IP friendly foods.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #15  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Good Morning everyone! It feels like a heatwave here this morning after the -25's we've been having. And a Happy almost Thanksgiving to all the American IPers. Just remember NO CHEATING!!! It's only 1 day and the food is not the most important item on the menu. Family and friends are what its all about.
Closed Thread