Support Groups - "Slow Dancing With A Stranger" #1

View Full Version : "Slow Dancing With A Stranger" #1

K9Owner
11-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:
After much consideration, I have decided to start a thread for a unique group of losers.
Consider the following scenarios. If more than one apply to you, this just might be the thread you've been searching for:

:yes: This diet/lifestyle change is such a slow process for me, even losing 0.5 lbs or 1kg is a struggle.
:yes: I am frequently changing up different foods in my plan because what I ate worked last week, but it's not working this week.
:yes: One week, I ate everything on plan and gained weight, but another week I pigged out and LOST! WTH??
:yes: I've been at a plateau for so long, it's my new middle name!
:yes: I do ____ for exercise, but my body becomes used to the workout, and I am frequently having to switch up my routine to continue to see results.
:yes: I have been On Plan for so many days/weeks/months without seeing a downward scale movement, I'm ready to QUIT!

Well, before you rush right off and toss your stilettos, platforms, pumps, or boots in the closet, come have a "Slow Dance" with me! I often feel like I am a stranger in my own body, because I am constantly having to change up food and exercise and my scale still doesn't budge. This is not a challenge, but more of a daily accountability, support group, & learning experience all rolled up in one!

I will start a new thread every 10 days to reflect progress, accomplishments, and/or set backs! Feel free to post food choices, exercise routines, motivational words of wisdom, or anything else you feel lead to share.

Disclaimer: If you lose weight quickly and easily and have it all figured out, this is NOT the thread for you!

So, without further adieu....
May I have this dance?

Sum38
11-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Save the last dance for me!

K9Owner
11-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Save the last dance for me!

LAST? HA :rofl:
You get the first!!!

patchworkpenguin
11-22-2011, 02:58 PM
I'll play.

I feel like I'm trying hard, but when I do lose, I regain the next week?!
I'm exercising but not seeing any changes.
Others around me are losing, and while I'm happy for them, I just get more frusterated! :dizzy:
I keep changing foods and plans because I get bored eating the same thing, so I don't feel consistant.
I'm just tired of trying and trying!:(

jomatho
11-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Cue the music! Love it, I found myself shaking my head :yes: with each question.

K9Owner
11-22-2011, 03:41 PM
I'll play.

Others around me are losing, and while I'm happy for them, I just get more frusterated! :dizzy:
I keep changing foods and plans because I get bored eating the same thing, so I don't feel consistent.
:(

Doesn't it seem that weight loss is NOT an Equal Opportunity Provider! There is completely no rhyme or reason to it!

I have used so many tools to trick myself, and they work for a while but then my body figures it out and says WHOA, PLATEAU AHEAD! :devil:

However, I refuse to quit. Just because it doesn't work this week doesn't mean it will not work next week for me.

You can do it, it's just finding what works today!

:hug:

patchworkpenguin
11-22-2011, 03:48 PM
There is completely no rhyme or reason to it!

Just because it doesn't work this week doesn't mean it will not work next week for me.

:hug: I think this is my problem also. I've tried some plans where I've been so wrapped up in what to eat, when to eat, how to eat, that I felt like I spent all my time thinking about food, when I felt the opposite should be true. My life shouldn't revolve around food. I feel that's how I got in here in the first place.

Jo, Hi! I remember you from another thread here at Chicks! Good job on the weight you've lost!

jomatho
11-22-2011, 07:33 PM
I think this is my problem also. I've tried some plans where I've been so wrapped up in what to eat, when to eat, how to eat, that I felt like I spent all my time thinking about food, when I felt the opposite should be true. My life shouldn't revolve around food. I feel that's how I got in here in the first place.

Jo, Hi! I remember you from another thread here at Chicks! Good job on the weight you've lost!

Hi PP, yup, I am still here, still at it. Taking the back side winding road to get there, but I am getting there. What you said above is totally me, always thinking and re-thinking things. It gets exhausting. I am always questioning myself and crossing fingers that I am "doing the right thing".

patchworkpenguin
11-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Today I baked 3 loaves of cinnamon bread for my Hubby's Tday potluck at work. The guys requested my bread! Its in the oven now!

I vacummed, mopped the house {tile and hardwood seperately}, and will finish cleaning the bath in a while.

And I did 40min of kickboxing + 11 min of abs.

During rest breaks, I've been knitting a blue baby outfit for Joesph, the new GS of my parents SS teacher. Dad asked me to make for him.

Jo, you are doing very well! I feel like I've tried everything to lose weight but nothing seems to work long term. Hubby and I have both realized that we have regained weight so we are both restarting. I have to admit its easier when I have someone working with me, and I'm not going it alone.

ELBS717
11-22-2011, 09:55 PM
Let's do this.

princessgina00
11-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Oh, this is so my thread. Every thread I go to on these boards seems like its filled with people who drop weight quickly. It seems like I continuously see people who lose 60, even 100 pounds, in like 6 or 9 months. It took me a year to lose 50 pounds. And, what is a whoosh(!)? Every week, 3FCers have whooshes of 4, 5, 10 pounds lost in a week. And, although I am extremely happy for them, I have never, ever experienced this phenomenon and this ticks me off. ****, I'm lucky if I lose even 1 pound a week. Stupid weight loss. Why do you bless others with easy, rapid weight loss and taunt me with a barely moving scale? Damn you. Damn you to ****.

ELBS717
11-22-2011, 10:59 PM
@princessgina00 - i KNOW!. WTH? I convince myself in the beginning that, ok 2 pounds is ok, 2 pounds in a week is alright. and then comes the week where I don't lose ANYTHING, and everything goes to heck. I try to convince myself that - WOW! 52 pounds in year would be GREAT! And that's only 1lb/week! That should be 'easy'... but then when i only DO lose one pound in a week, I get so MAD and say TO HECK WITH IT!.... so, hopefully this thread helps with that. :-P

patchworkpenguin
11-22-2011, 11:27 PM
At least here we are all in the same boat, I feel that will definatly help our morale. Several years ago I lost some weight and it was easy compared to how hard I'm working now just to maintain.

K9Owner
11-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Princess: I had to LOL at your post, but only b/c i know EXACTLY how you feel. I had ONE rare instance of this happening to me last week. I lost 3.8 lbs, but only after gaining 4 lbs in 2 days over the weekend!

ELBS: :welcome2:

PP: If I made Cinnamon Bread at my house, it would never make it to it's final destination! :drool:

AFM: Today, I went to the hair salon and had my hair colored "Chocolate Raspberry". I LOVE it! I have had it all over dark red, but never this dark in a brown tone. It makes me look older, but slimmer imo--which, hey, that's ALWAYS welcomed at my house!!

Today's Damage Report
Raspberry Greek Yogurt: 126
BBQ Chicken Salad with 1/2 Ranch 1/2 FF Ranch Dsg, Butternut Squash Apple Cranberry Bake (this recipe is fabulous, but the cals are ridiculous!): 454
BBQ Chicken Sandwich Round, a few corn chips, SoDelicious Vanilla: 485
Chili's Grilled Veggie Soft Tacos (2), a few chips with queso: ~700
Total: 1765 (60 over :yikes: )

:tread: + BodyRock: 250
Water: 56 oz :nono: (I usually don't have an issue drinking 72-80 oz of water but it was rainy and cold here. I couldn't drink it today!)

Products/Sites I abuse
BodyRock.tv (http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/10/30/find-the-peace-within/)
EatRight Precision Bathroom Scale (http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322017932&sr=8-1)
EatRight Precision Food Scale (http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Kitchen-Silver/dp/B001N07KUE/ref=pd_sim_hpc_3)
MFP (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/)--Add me if you like "chosengiver"
Clean Eating (http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/)
Skinny Taste (http://www.skinnytaste.com/)

K9Owner
11-22-2011, 11:36 PM
@princessgina00 - i KNOW!. WTH? I convince myself in the beginning that, ok 2 pounds is ok, 2 pounds in a week is alright. and then comes the week where I don't lose ANYTHING, and everything goes to heck. I try to convince myself that - WOW! 52 pounds in year would be GREAT! And that's only 1lb/week! That should be 'easy'... but then when i only DO lose one pound in a week, I get so MAD and say TO HECK WITH IT!.... so, hopefully this thread helps with that. :-P

If I were lucky enough to lose 1 lb in a week and KEEP it off, I'd dance to the stars and back!

forloveofself
11-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Oh yes! I was losing right on shedule for the first 14 pounds even before I found 3FC.
This past week nothing. I exercise, I'm always up and about cleaning, and playing with the puppy outside to make up for not being able to take long walks with her in the woods until the hunters are gone. I change up the amount of calories every day (same average each week) Yet the scale doesn't budge. I just had another good cry about it (my fault for weighing myself before schedule next Saturday)
I hate my fat, 8-10 pounds of belly!
I know rationally that I only need to lose 16 lbs to reach goal, but I feel so defeated. I'm not giving up, I just need to be encouraged by the scales, you know?
S/C/G 197/183/167 final for 2012 155

patchworkpenguin
11-23-2011, 12:32 AM
Tues 22

B= 2 c milk, vits, poptart
S= peaches
L= 6 Triscuits, 3 slices summer sausage halved, mustard, 3 slices colbly, halved
D= chicken and veggies, 2 cornbread
S= pumpkin pie
S= 1/2 slice cinn bread
E= 40min kickbox, 11min core, 30min treadmill

K9Owner, I make my own bread once a week from a starter. I usually give one loaf to my parents and then give the other away. I'm trying to make it healthier by adding wheat flour and using a salt sub but I've been getting complaints from my Dad that he doesn't like it this way, LOL.

ForLove, I hear you on the encouragement. I know that every good choice I make is helping my overall fitness, but some little sign of progress would be very motivating.

runningfromfat
11-23-2011, 06:26 AM
I'm with you guys here. Last month I lost... nothing. :mad: I did lose some inches so I can't complain too much but it's annoying. This is my second 4 week+ plateau this year (realistically, it'll be at least 6 weeks because of the way I typically lose... those two week just haven't happened yet).

I average somewhere between 2-4 lbs/ month but I've had some months where I lose nothing.

Oh, and am I the only one who loses consistently right up until I am about to hit a major milestone or reach a new decade and then I stall out? Why???

K9Owner
11-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Morning Ladies :wave:
Hi RunningFromFat :) it's great to see your post here, unfortunate--but I'm really so glad I am NOT the only one in this situation.

I love food. I love to eat good food. And, I love finding new food I love to eat!
Even when I had my cals at 1200, I lost slowly. I have them set on 1450 in MFP now & I try to eat back some, most, or all of my cals.
With the recommendation of Jo {on a previous thread}, I increased them b/c I have literally been losing & gaining the same 3-5 lbs :tantrum:

Very busy day for me (for all of you as well, I'm sure).
I'll check back in later tonite.
Have a great Thanksgiving Eve!

Sum38
11-23-2011, 11:21 AM
I am going back on first phase of South Beach for 2 weeks. It really worked for me. -- I don't count calories on that phase. I am getting maybe 1400-1500 per day. I like it because I can eat all the veggies I want and all lean meat.

K9Owner
11-23-2011, 11:39 AM
I am going back on first phase of South Beach for 2 weeks. It really worked for me. -- I don't count calories on that phase. I am getting maybe 1400-1500 per day. I like it because I can eat all the veggies I want and all lean meat.

I think after Thanksgiving, I will join you Kristiina. Now that I'm not doing as much cardio, I don't need as many carbs!

Sum38
11-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Krystal :cp::cp::cp::cp: It would be REALLY nice to have a buddy.

Sum38
11-23-2011, 11:45 AM
runningfromfat You and Jo have the same stats :)

Hi Patch; we met earlier as well at the 40 something thread.

Sum38
11-23-2011, 11:50 AM
I am not going to focus on skimping on food this week. -- Luckily for me, I can not eat the pies etc.

We are spending thanks giving at home, just the four of us, and two doggies. I am quite happy about it. -- Jo knows about my dysfunctional MIL, and we have finally removed ourselves from her toxic life.... So I am cooking all the favorites kids and DH like. Not all the traditional ones. Well turkey will be served :) Family can not stand stuffing and green bean casserole....

Everyone have a happy turkey day if I don't have time to check back.

patchworkpenguin
11-23-2011, 12:43 PM
My alarm didn't go off this morning so I thought it was 8am and it was actually 930! Fortunatly, I didn't have anywhere to be! I'll be making the side dishes for Tday, and I think I'll do a lower body workout.

Sum, Hi, nice to see you again. Good for you for making what you want for Thanksgiving and having your own celebration!

runningfromfat
11-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Yep, and it does look like Jo and I have pretty similar stats, nice. :D

I can relate to princessgina00's post too. It seems like everybody gets out of the decade threads quite a bit quicker than I do! Every now and then I'll go through a decade quickly but it's normally do to illness more than anything else. :(

K9Owner - I've never been able to stay at 1200 calories. I've tried every now and then and I just can't. Between lifting, swimming and walking everywhere it never happens. :dizzy: The lowest I ever manage is about 1400 and even then I think I'm probably more at 1600-1800/day. I guess I could try to lose more quickly cutting back more BUT from past experience it's never been sustainable for me and I always end up giving up. I think a big part of why I've been this successful this time around is eating more, keeping a smaller calorie deficit and not depriving myself. It does make for a lot of frustrating at times, though, that's why I'm thankful to see this thread!!!!

Sum38- Thanksgiving is easy for us because we living abroad. ;) I'm planning on making steak, salad, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and I already made some whole wheat, sugar-free apple cinnamon cookies for dessert (that are meant to last the family for the whole week). :D Christmas is also just going to be my family, although the in-laws might come down too. I'll be the one cooking if they do come so they're going to get stuck eating healthy! :lol:

K9Owner
11-23-2011, 02:14 PM
I grabbed a couple of minutes while scarfing a little lunch to check in.
This will be the first yr I have made the turkey. Typically, my sis just makes ham. The fam loves it. My mom makes most of the desserts and a huge pan of chicken and dressing from home-cooked cornbread (not stuffing). I am the odd-ball and LOVE turkey. So, this yr, I bought some brine from William Sonoma & am going to fix myself turkey as a treat! I seriously could eat a whole turkey! :lol:
I also made cherry salad and will make candied yams and sweet potato souffle'. My sis's kiddos love it!
Our day will start at my sis's house @ 11am CST and DH and I will be there ALL DAY! It'll be lunch and dinner and snacks in between :stress:
We will play dice games and/or card games or dominoes after lunch. Then, possibly after dinner, watch a Christmas movie.

IDK how I will fit my BodyRock workout in before I go. I will have to get up early--bad for me, b/c I am a night owl!

Friday, DH and I will go to my in-laws. We won't be there as long. They are not as active as my fam is! ;)

RFF: I think it is good that you understand what it takes to be successful in this journey.
I know I can't live on 1200 cals either--for the simple fact I LOVE SUGAR! However, I know I can't exercise away bad food choices. I would love to get to a point where when I say "No, thank you" that's really what I mean. I desire to be congruent. However, to this date, I can't--or I don't. When I say "No, thank you" to food :rofl: it's usually covered in chocolate!

princessgina00
11-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Yeah, it doesn't matter whether I'm eating 1800 cals/day or 1200 cals/day, my weight loss does not go any faster than 1 lb/week, which is simply ridiculous and dumbfounding. Nothing else in my routine has changed besides my daily calorie total, but my weight refuses to respond positively or negatively. It just remains flat.

Unfortunately (perhaps fortunately :shrug:), I will not be having a big Thanksgiving this year since I will be eating alone (have for the past 6 years). Instead, I am going to buy some Popeyes (don't you judge me! :D) today as my Thanksgiving meal and will fill tomorrow with a series of movies. But, come Christmas, I am totally going to pig-out (don't you judge me! :D).

K9Owner
11-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Yet the scale doesn't budge. I just had another good cry about it (my fault for weighing myself before schedule next Saturday)
I hate my fat, 8-10 pounds of belly!
I know rationally that I only need to lose 16 lbs to reach goal, but I feel so defeated. I'm not giving up, I just need to be encouraged by the scales, you know?
S/C/G 197/183/167 final for 2012 155

I can TOTALLY relate to this as well! Which is why I am choosing to STOP weighing every day. I can kind of tell when I'm up on the scale anyway, b/c I retain water in my belly.

I have 8 to go. When I hadn't lost over several months in a row, I removed my ticker and just tried to focus on changing the way the fat looks on my abs! Hey, if I can't lose it, I'll try to make it a little more appealing to look at in the shower! ;)

K9Owner
11-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Unfortunately (perhaps fortunately :shrug:), I will not be having a big Thanksgiving this year since I will be eating alone (have for the past 6 years). Instead, I am going to buy some Popeyes (don't you judge me! :D) today as my Thanksgiving meal and will fill tomorrow with a series of movies. But, come Christmas, I am totally going to pig-out (don't you judge me! :D).

I am TOTALLY having whatever I want tomorrow. The way I see it, I've been pretty much OP every single stinking day since July and have not lost ONE OUNCE. Why should I get all holier than thou on Thanksgiving day???
:rofl:

"No judgements here"

forloveofself
11-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Everyone, Be good to yourselves tomorrow.
Thanks K9Owner and Patchwork
I wrote in another thread that I plan to do a sort of Atkins for Turkey Day (just turkey, veggies and water, no carbs) I'm not a sweets person, I'm not that interested in cake or pie, but the scones/rolls/fresh breads are probably why I have a "breadbasket" tummy. If I slip, I'm going to try not to over indulge nor beat myself up which I usually do do.
Happy Thanksgiving!

patchworkpenguin
11-23-2011, 06:04 PM
I did 40min of LB and 20min of UB.

I made the green bean and sweet pot casseroles. I take the Volumetrics approach and use regular recipes but add almost double the veggies. I've yet to make a pecan pie but can do that this evening. Since its 'his' pie maybe I can get Hubby to help!

If I don't check in tomorrow Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Gina, I think you should eat what you want for you holiday!

K9, when I first started here I had a ticker. It lasted about 3 weeks. I got tired of changing the stupid thing up/down/up/down. I weigh about once a month now.

ForLove, dispite the fact that I actually make my own bread I don't eat very much of it. I"ll have a sandwich or a slice with dinner but never in the same day.

Sum38
11-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Has anyone tried black water? I bought 4 bottles today. It tastes like water with some dirt in it :)

jomatho
11-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Has anyone tried black water? I bought 4 bottles today. It tastes like water with some dirt in it :)

WTH?

princessgina00
11-23-2011, 10:31 PM

That sounds terrible!!! :D

jomatho
11-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Bear with me, I am on my iPad and it likes to insert words that I don't intend to write!

PP, Volumetrics is a great idea, I need lots of volume to fill me up!

Forloveofself, good luck with your plan tomorrow and no big deal if some bread finds it's way onto your plate.

K9, enjoy yourself tomorrow! I am rethinking my plan too and may indulge a little more than I thought.

Sum, I feel so much better, we are staying home tomorrow too, just the four of us and I am making what we like. The kids are giving us a little bit of a hard time, but it was what felt right to us this year.

Princess, are you having pot pies? If so, I love those buggers, I still buy them once in a while. If not, please tell me what popeyes are. Like k9 said, no judgements here!

Runningfromfat, I love that we have the same stats. You are a runner I assume? Me too, but I just dabble in it, I run a couple times a week and rarely run more than 3-4 miles. If I do, it is a really good day!

ELBS, I don't lose weight every week either. If I gave up every time that happened, I would have quit a long time ago. I figure I can quit and be fat, or keep going and lose weight or at the least maintain.

I just have to say it is so nice to have some new friends to chat with, old ones too. This is a tough time of year, especially when DH isn't on board until the new year and wants to live it up right now, yikes!
I just have to take it one decision at a time and do the best I can, we all do!

K9Owner
11-24-2011, 02:19 AM

:barf:

K9Owner
11-24-2011, 02:25 AM
:thanks1:
To all of my supportive 3FC friends.
I am truly blessed & thankful to be a small part of each of your lives :)

runningfromfat
11-24-2011, 07:20 AM
I've never heard of black water, what in the world is it?

No judgment from me today. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and it makes me said that I'm so far away from my family for it. But I also have to work today and realistically can't plan out a big meal.

Runningfromfat, I love that we have the same stats. You are a runner I assume? Me too, but I just dabble in it, I run a couple times a week and rarely run more than 3-4 miles. If I do, it is a really good day!

Well, i used to be, I'm currently seeing a bunch of doctors to see if that's possible again. :( I just got diagnosed with scoliosis yesterday, actually. The physical therapist was a real idiot (told me basically I'll only ever be able to swim again and nothing else) so we're working on finding a specialist in the hopes that I'll be able to do more than just that.

jomatho
11-24-2011, 08:08 AM
I've never heard of black water, what in the world is it?

No judgment from me today. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and it makes me said that I'm so far away from my family for it. But I also have to work today and realistically can't plan out a big meal.

Well, i used to be, I'm currently seeing a bunch of doctors to see if that's possible again. :( I just got diagnosed with scoliosis yesterday, actually. The physical therapist was a real idiot (told me basically I'll only ever be able to swim again and nothing else) so we're working on finding a specialist in the hopes that I'll be able to do more than just that.

Aw, I am really sorry about that. I think you are smart to find a specialist to deal with it. I hope you can find something you are able to do that you enjoy just as much. I know lots of PT idiots, don't let it get you down, keep looking until you can find someone that works with you and for you, not against you. :hug:

jomatho
11-24-2011, 08:11 AM
:turkey: ::happ3:: :turkey:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

One of the things I am thankful for today is all of my supportive friends I have met online that have helped me through this journey!

K9Owner
11-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Wednesday's Damage Report
I did amazingly well yesterday until 5pm when I decided to get creative and text my niece (the nursing student) and ask if her and her bf wanted to go to dinner :tantrum:

Smucker's SF Strawberry & Cottage Cheese: 101
Leftover Grilled Veggie mini soft taco, Butternut Squash Bake: ~494
2 glasses of Merlot, Sushi, Sunchips :nono: 817
:jeno: ~1000 :tantrum:
Total: ~ 2412

BodyRock +Ran 2 Miles: 450
Water: 64 oz

I never eat Sunchips. DH brought this GINORMOUS box of different chips home (mini bags). I was like--WTH!! Where and WHY is this here????
I wanted to go to Newk's for dinner, but unknowing to me, they closed at 6pm. Anything but :jeno: !!!
For those of you who don't know, I have 2 addictions-Cake and Pizza :stress:
I'm up 1.6 today :cry:

On a different note, I bought some Pumpkin Spice Flavored Liqueur. When I saw the bottle, it reminded me of being in the Cayman's in October. Something tells me it will NOT be as good ads their Coffee Rum Liqueur. HOWEVER, in light of the trip and my love for cake, I am having Blue Mountain Coffee Tortuga Rum Cake today :drool: I brought it home and froze it just for today!!! I just hate I am going in to this day 1.6 lbs heavier. GRRRR

jomatho
11-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Wednesday's Damage Report
I did amazingly well yesterday until 5pm when I decided to get creative and text my niece (the nursing student) and ask if her and her bf wanted to go to dinner :tantrum:

Smucker's SF Strawberry & Cottage Cheese: 101
Leftover Grilled Veggie mini soft taco, Butternut Squash Bake: ~494
2 glasses of Merlot, Sushi, Sunchips :nono: 817
:jeno: ~1000 :tantrum:
Total: ~ 2412

BodyRock +Ran 2 Miles: 450

I never eat Sunchips. DH brought this GINORMOUS box of different chips home (mini bags). I was like--WTH!! Where and WHY is this here????
I wanted to go to Newk's for dinner, but unknowing to me, they closed at 6pm. Anything but :jeno: !!!
For those of you who don't know, I have 2 addictions-Cake and Pizza :stress:
I'm up 1.6 today :cry:

On a different note, I bought some Pumpkin Spice Flavored Liqueur. When I saw the bottle, it reminded me of being in the Cayman's in October. Something tells me it will NOT be as good ads their Coffee Rum Liqueur. HOWEVER, in light of the trip and my love for cake, I am having Blue Mountain Coffee Tortuga Rum Cake today :drool: I brought it home and froze it just for today!!! I just hate I am going in to this day 1.6 lbs heavier. GRRRR

That 1.6 is just water and waste weight. 2412 calories is about maintenance for you, especially when you factor in your workouts. Don't fret, it will come off. Even if you splurge again today, you will probably still be in maintenance range. You are just so used to eating below maintenance that you think it is a lot. Give yourself a few days after today and then re-evaluate. Have a great day and enjoy your cake!
Btw, I planned out my eats for today, I am deciding to spike/splurge today and I know I will be up tomorrow because my sodium is clocking out in the 6000's!!!! Holy crap, there's a lot of salt in Thanksgiving fare! I may not weigh in again until around Sunday because it won't be real weight. We will see if my curiosity gets the best of me or not. . .

K9Owner
11-24-2011, 09:52 AM
JO: I am really trying not to fret as much. 6000!!! HOLY SMOKE! I probably don't want to know my sugar grams :lol:

I sent a photo of my new haircut/color to my niece, who showed it to my sis. She told me last night at dinner my sis said, "OMG! She has lost too much weight! She is TOO thin!" WTH?? I still have more to go! WoW :shrug:

Sum38
11-24-2011, 10:52 AM
http://www.blackwaterdrink.com/

Sum38
11-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to my new and "old" on line friends.

I hope your day will be filled with love!

I appreciate you so much!!

Sum38
11-24-2011, 11:42 AM
So what's on your menu?

Mine;
Turkey :)
Turkey Gravy; it is amazing!
Garlic and chive mashed potatoes
Cornbread and caramelized onion dressing
Christmas salad; spinach with avocado, pomegranate seeds and orange as a star
Colorful fruit salad
Baguettes

I am serving as game snacks

mini swedish meatballs
Variety of crackers topped with
- smoked salmon
- caviar
- crab spread
- beef tenderloin ans horse radish
- apple and blueberry cheese

Desert;
pumpkin cheesecake

I think I will gain 10 pounds :)

princessgina00
11-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Princess, are you having pot pies? If so, I love those buggers, I still buy them once in a while. If not, please tell me what popeyes are. Like k9 said, no judgements here!

Popeyes is a delicious chicken fast food restaurant franchise in the U.S. Today, I will be having:

Spicy Popeyes chicken
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Macaroni and cheese
Biscuits
Apple pie and Cool Whip (if I decide to visit the store today, which is looking highly doubtful as the minutes tick away)

patchworkpenguin
11-24-2011, 11:37 PM
We had a nice time at my parents. I went to church with them this morning, then we came back to the house, picked up the food I had made and the dog, and headed out. Hubby joined us when he got off work. Since my parents live out in the country April had a great time sniffing around, but she overdid it and was favoring her surgery leg {again} so she's back in the crate for the night! Poor dog!

I felt I did very well, I had more sweets than a normal day but a lot less than I did last year. I didn't overeat and feel good about my choices.

Menu
Turkey and gravy
sweet potato casserole
green bean casserole
stuffing made from my homemade bread {that was really good!}
cranberry sauce
pumpkin pie for us girls; pecan for the guys
cranberry white choc blondies {not as good as they sounded}

jomatho
11-25-2011, 12:21 AM
I am so full and my fingers already feel swollen!!! This feeling is why I like to be on plan!

What I ate: (all homemade by me, the way I like it)
Turkey
Turkey gravy
Mashed potates
Stuffing
Green bean casserole
Deviled eggs
Lite mousse
Brownie
Vanilla ice cream
One glass Chardonnay

Oh, and during football earlier in the day, cheesy nacho dip and chips

I fell asleep in my recliner after it was all cleaned up, and woke up to the sound of kids up to something, they were getting ready to go out shopping with dad! Seriously is he crazy? Trying to hit some midnight deals tonight.

I am looking forward to my workout in the morning, I am meeting my friend for our hour walk at 9, but I may get a run in before or after that.

Princess, okay, that pop eyes sounds good, have never eaten at one of those, hope you enjoyed it!

K9Owner
11-25-2011, 02:19 AM
Thanksgiving Damage Report
Turkey (1st time making one with brine. I cooked it for 6 hrs--too long, but DH loved it)
Chicken and Dressing (about 1.5 cups in 2 meals)
Sweet Potato Souffle'
Potato Salad (Mom's Home made)
Ham
Cranberry-Pear Relish
Green Beans

I had a regular size plate of food for lunch and a salad plate size for dinner. I had maybe 6 pieces of Almond Joy candy that looked like M&Ms (my sis bought these for game snacks).

Now for the BEST part.

Usually, I would eat dessert before our meal. Then, afterwards, I would get a salad plate of my fave ones and eat them right after lunch. NOT TODAY!

I waited four hours after lunch to have dessert, and I had only ONE thing!
A small piece of home made double layer coconut cake that my mom made! I can ALWAYS count on her to fix something I DON"T need to eat!
I also had 1.5 cups of coffee after lunch with a divine Pumpkin Spice Liqueur--better than S''bux PS latte! It was NOT like Tortuga Rum Liqueur--not nearly as smooth, and I couldn't shoot it.

Now for a list of food I neglected:
Chocolate Pie
Pecan Pie
Carrot Cake--Home made by my sis
Grape Salad--took 2 TBS bites for lunch and 2 for dinner ( I could have devoured the entire salad)
Mountain Coffee Rum Cake--took a small bite of this and said it defo was NOT worth the cals! :cry: I wanted to LOVE this flavor like I did the coconut and banana.
Greens
Yeast Rolls--BIG success here! My fam NEVER eats a meal without bread!
Biscuits--home made y my brother
Deer Steak and Gravy
Butter Beans
Greens
Nutter Butter Acorns--I made these for game snacks
Cherry Salad
Merlot!--You heard right!! When I wanted a glass, we were going to watch a movie, and I needed to take a Tagamet and had water instead.
Fried Chicken
Deviled Eggs
Butternut Squash Apple Cranberry Bake

I think that is the complete list. I may be missing something. But seriously, considering--I think I ate probably 2500 cals.

I did get 64 + oz of water in today AND for the FIRST time ever--I ran/walked on my :tread: for 250 cals worth! :carrot: I managed a 2 hr nap during the movie and ended the night around 11pm CST.

On our way home, DH and I had to drive past Kohl's to get home--it's about 0.5 miles from our house & the line was wrapped around the building to get inside. NO THANKS! (it's mostly a clothing/linen/kitchenware shop) There is NOTHING I need nor want for that type of wait! UGH!

Side Note: For the first time ALL yr, I watched Dr. Phil with Chelsey--my only niece. The show was about the heaviest lady living--700 lbs!!! I was almost in tears viewing it. I identified her only son as her enabler! WoW is all I kept saying.

ItsMyTurn
11-25-2011, 12:26 PM
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Krystal - Thank you so much for the invite... This has so become my normal!

I have caught up reading the other posts...and all I have to say is: I feel ya! Fortunately some of you I have on MFP so we all know each other's struggles to see any movement in the right direction on the scale :)

I did good yesterday with my eating, and then burned a bunch of calories doing Black Friday shopping throughout the night... so, even without "seeing" results, I am still proud of myself for doing it right

K9Owner
11-25-2011, 01:06 PM
I HATE being off plan!
I actually did more damage with the pre-T'giving :jeno: than I did yesterday!

TOM is right around the bend for me as well. So, it's pretty much certain to say water will be sticking to my abs like glue!
I don't care! As long as I'm not crampy & having massive back pain, I will continue to do my ab routine!

Today is lunch with my MIL & FIL :)
Not as heavy as yesterday with food ((whew))!!
I am going to do my routine @ their house.
She has a "barely used" eliptical! :woohoo:

I forgot to mention in my post last nite an important point.
I did NOT bring any leftovers home! Not even coconut cake for today. I did bring DH 2 slices of fudge pie my mom made for him, but all of you who know me realize I wouldn't eat that! :barf:

Hope you are all enjoying your time off, decorating, playing with your babies, spending precious time with your families, making lasting memories, and enjoying a little sleep--like ME!! :lol:

Star: I'm so so glad you joined us!! :carrot:

Have an awesome weekend!
Shop (online) til you drop!!! ;)

jomatho
11-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Krystal, I was just thinking today, I have got to get this water weight off before TOM decides to keep it around for a while!!! Not a good combination! Good for you for all of your good choices of what you ate and did not eat, and keeping up with your exercises.

ItsMyTurn, glad you are finding the time to get back on the boards, we missed you. I was just telling Mamakat that her body is just re-adjusting, getting ready to lose again. Our bodies do that once in a while when the scale is not moving and generally you will see some inches go bye-bye during that time even when the scale is not moving. Now, for some of us the readjustment period just lasts a little longer than for others :rofl:

PP, great job on your choices too and not going overboard!

AFM, got in an hour long walk with my friend and then came home and got on my dreadmill (as K9 calls it) and knocked off a long run. Burned over 1,000 calories, so that should take care of the damage from yesterday, now I just need to stay at a good deficit today.

I have to get the brownies off the cupboard! There is pumpkin pie there too, but I don't like pumpkin. So I thought, maybe I will make little dump desserts in individual containers with a little bit of brownie and a little bit of pudding mousse so that it comes out to 150-200 calorie treat that I can throw in the freezer and take out when I have room in my calorie budget and have a little sweet tooth. That would solve that issue. The rest of the leftovers are easy to work into my food budget. Mostly just turkey, potatoes and gr. beans. Feels good to not have to cook today.

Rana
11-25-2011, 02:11 PM
I want to join this dance/thread!

I'm so slow, I think I average 10 lbs per year.

Seriously.

I blame it on the PCOS, I blame it on the calories I consume, I blame it on everything, but bottom line is that I am so slow there's no rhyme or reason to my weight loss.

I am rarely, if ever "offplan" because I've made some major life changes about why I eat certain things and not others (health, PCOS and IR) so for me it's never a temptation to just give up and eat whatever I want.

I also wonder if my lack of weight loss is at all related to the amount of exercise I'm doing (can I do too much? Yes, I think so) and I have trying to figure out if that's the case and really, how do I figure that out?!

Lastly, I'm super busy, so I probably won't check back in for a few days (it took me this long to find the thread!) but I'm so happy that everyone is writing in it. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

My own Thanksgivings report:

Super healthy except for the pear/cranberry crumble that I made. I'm not a big fan of turkey and everything else I ate was whole foods -- fresh green beans (no butter, just salt), corn on the cob (fresh) no butter or salt, homemade cranberry sauce with no added sugars, and the crumble.

Sum38
11-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Well..I certainly did not watch what I ate :eek: I kept snacking all day long.... Now I look like I am 7 months preggo :rofl:

Jo; I have a wireless keyboard for my iPad plus a docking station, I love it! -- The keyboard would work with iPhone as well for texting etc...but I have a droid.

Sum38
11-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Okee Krystal.... here is my plan. -- I am a planner and if I write things down as a road map, I tend to stick to it. If I "wing" it, not so well....

So I am starting my (modified) South Beach diet tomorrow.

Menu:
Bfast 243 cal
1 Sausage patty
2 over easy eggs
tomato slices

Lunch 510 cal
Bagged lettuce
salmon (left overs) 4 oz. Cooked in dry heat.
cucumber
sweet pepper
tomato
onion
salad dressing

Dinner 503 cal
Taco salad;
- ground beef with seasoning 4 oz
- canned black beans
- Shredded cheese
- lettuce
- tomato
- 2 tbls tortilla strips

Total cal 1256. I will add two snack... maybe Chobani yogurt, plain. And apple with pb or celery with laughing cow cheese... snack allowance max 250 cal.

Sum38
11-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Hi Rana... I lost 10 pounds this year.... so I hear you :)

K9Owner
11-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Rana: :welcome: Glad to know we are not alone in this quest. Just check in when you can. Most of us lead busy lives & have weird schedules I have found!
Maybe there is a connection b/t being so busy & losing so slowly despite being OP ;)

Kristiina: Stick to that plan like crazy glue!

patchworkpenguin
11-25-2011, 05:55 PM
I did 32min of cardio/weights. We go to my InLaws for dinner tonight, so the celebration isn't quite over!

Rana, welcome, glad to have you join us. I admire that you stay on-plan with such dedication.

K9, I hate to blow your theory but I"m about the least 'busy' person I know and I've always thought that contributed to why I lose weight slowly, since everyone else is running around while I stay at home. :dizzy:

Sum, I like your plan! I think you have the right idea to plan ahead. If you don't know what the rules are you can't play by them.

Jo, I like your idea of freezing the desserts! I like to bake 'treats' and then freeze them to get them out if sight. I volunteered to make cookies for a luncheon next week so I'm trying to plan what to make and when to make them for the least temptation. I know should make something I don't like but rarely do.

MyTurn, I like your name! I have to keep reminding myself that e3en if I don't see the results of weightloss, making the right choices is still important to my overall health.

K9Owner
11-25-2011, 09:42 PM
PP: ok, I am blonde in real life & I am just now noticing u live in Memphis!!! Small small world! I live in the suburbs :)

patchworkpenguin
11-25-2011, 09:53 PM
PP: ok, I am blonde in real life & I am just now noticing u live in Memphis!!! Small small world! I live in the suburbs :)

I have to admit I looked on your blog to find out where exactly 'Not so Southern Belle' was, are you a transplant? I like your dark hair. Great avatar.

K9Owner
11-25-2011, 10:17 PM
I lived in Mphs for 10 yrs until I went to nsg school. I had to move back to MS to attend the Northwest program. Dh & I got married & decided to just stay in MS after I graduated. We don't hv kiddos & the neighborhood isn't bad, so why not!!
It's kind of neat meeting someone who lives so close & after 7 months :)

patchworkpenguin
11-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Fri Nov 25
B- 2 c milk, vits, poptart
L- 1/2 can low fat ravioli {yuck} not even a sprinkle of romano cheese could save that , 2 cookies
D- turkey, cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, peas, pecan pie
S- pumpkin pie, few spoonfulls of cranberry sauce {not together:o}
E=32min cardio/weights

I've noticed that if I don't eat enough during the day by night I'm starving and I think that's what happened tonight.

K9, my parents are transplanted Yankees {both Army brats, who met and married in Berlin, Germany}. My sis was born in GA while I was born in AL but we moved to Memphis when I was 2 so I feel like a native. You'll never catch me saying 'y'all' though, I sound like a yankee; Hubby liked to tease me about that.

ItsMyTurn
11-26-2011, 02:20 AM
Krystal - the new hair color looks amazing! Ya know, I never thought about it... but all of us that are on crazy busy schedules ARE the ones losing slowly... I always chalked it up to stress on the body to keep moving and that making more cortisol...but thought it was just a "me" thing, LOL! Of course, now that I thought about what you said, and the dots all line up... feels pretty good to not be alone on more than one front with y'all :)

So nice to see so many faces here... familiar and new :)

Today was on plan with eating (though a bit low on calories)... running on fumes due to being tired... got very little sleep due to being one of those foolish people who love to battle the crowds for Black Friday shopping for the deals. I guess I would do anything for the right price, :lol: DH started his night shift tonight (finally) so going to hope I can get some sleep tonight...that way tomorrow I can catch up and get in a ton of fitness plus do the meal prep for the week (freezer meals) to make life easier. Hope you all have a super night!!!!

forloveofself
11-26-2011, 07:11 AM
Good morning everyone!
Congratulations on your journey, our journey together.
welcome Rana
i feel really good about how the last two days went, esp Thursday. We ate at a restaurant and I managed without too much effort to stick with my reslove.
I had the:
Cutting board turkey, a good helping
Chicken breast ( saved two drumsticks for my doggy)
Plain green beans, lots
baked squash ( I could tell there was sugar in it, not like I make it at home, so added those calories to the days count)
Salad, no dresing
No dessert on Turkey day, but did have some sugarfree vanilla ice cream over baked and sugared apples on Friday.

So I would say that calorie wise, it was maintence mode rather than weight loss. i'm happy with that under the circumstances.

The other bit of good news is after increasing my fibre intake for the past week, that very uncomfortable, toxic bloat, left my body on Friday afternoon, no more discomfort:carrot:. It was the best part of the last two days bodywise. :o
i'm gong to wait until my next scheduled weigh in, but I really believe I will, and look forward to changing my Avatar to the true 15lb lost (The scale has waffled for three weeks between 13 and 15)

Thought I would be in the throws of a wicked fibro flare up this morning, since I was in such pain last night when we got back from the city, but took my meds and went to bed hours early, and feel pretty good now at 4:30 am
also treated myself to some moisturizers specially formulated for sugery scars, so should have better looking tummy on all counts by new years.:D

We can do it!

Sum38
11-26-2011, 10:49 AM
I like your hair Krystal! i change my color all the time. I am naturally blonde (Finnish..duh), but I love being a red head.

So my first day back on SB. So far, so good :rofl: we shall see what the rest of the day brings :lol: Will I get :cheer2::cheer3: OR :moo::ink:

My weight is high; 158 lbs :eek: My birthday and thanksgiving back to back did not help...too much sodium and too many meals at restaurants.

Yesterday's calories were around 1500 and I managed to drink 80 oz.

I have a little tickle in my throat and I HOPE I am not getting sick. I would like to take a walk my DD and puppies (ha; oldest puppy is 13 years).

Everyone have a FAB day! Let's try to stay all OP!!

K9Owner
11-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks for all of the nice commies about my hair! I have never gone this dark before. Although, I have had it dark mahogony (red) & love it! I think it makes me defo look my age, unlike my natural blonde. I can look 35 for a while I guess :lol:

Love of Self: I ate in a maintenance node over the last couple of days as well. Glad you are feeling well. Fibro pain can be excruciating--as you know, but I'm glad medication is helping you. I know sometimes they never help our patients.

Kristiina: You wrote down your plan yesterday and made it public. It's your pact to stay OP! You can do it :cheer: Besides, it's modified--more like P1.5!!

Friday's Damage Report @ my MIL's & sis's
Strawberry Cottage Cheese, 1 c Sweet Potatoes: ~ 301
Smoked Turkey Garden Salad w/Altered Ranch: 430
Junk: 240
1 c Sweet Potatoes, 1/2 slice of carrot cake, 1/2 slice of coconut cake, 1/2 ham sandwich: ~750
Total: ~1721

Water: 80 oz
K9 Walk + Bodyrock: 352

I can't wait to get back OP. All of this junk has me sluggish. Have you all that have been eating maintenance cals or off plan food been able to tell this?
I don't seem to have as much natural energy as I do when I eat OP food. Also, I NEVER get this full on OP food. :chin:

Sum38
11-26-2011, 03:55 PM
forloveofself I started taking Psyllium husks powder, in hopes that I could shed some of this bloat.... I just feel huge in my mid section and I feel a lot of that is because I have not gotten enough fiber. -- I have gluten intolerance; sometimes fiber goal is difficult to meet.

forloveofself
11-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Hello Everyone, I hope yo are having a Perfect On Plan Day!

Sum38, It took me a long time to start using fibre as a regular part of my overall approach to good health. Even now I have to make the effort. I have several allergies as well, and a very sluggish system due to far too many surgeries.
I remember how awful the 'script fibre my doctor recomended a few years ago was. But the BeneFibre (non thickening,not much gluten, tasteless) has given me good results. As I wrote, It took a few days to get things going, but when it did, it felt really good. I am doing my best to remember to add it to just one glass of water every day.

K9Owner. Funny you should mention about sluggishness when you do maintenance or off plan, even for a day. i noticed when I ate on Thursday, even though I was just maintaining, the fact that I had had virtually no carbs made me feel really good all day. I'm going to try to remember that feeling next time I want to reach for a bagel or scone.

Sticking to plan so far today, and if I don't snack after 8 pm, I'll have had a nearly perfect day!

K9Owner
11-26-2011, 05:50 PM
LoveofSelf: The carb thing is why I think I felt so bad! I had dressing and a piece of cake. Quite possibly a link there!

Kristiina: I use psyllium as well. It works different for my digestive tract than high fiber food--better actually.

Today has been a great day. I made lunch for today and tomorrow for work. I took a day of exercise rest today. My right shoulder blade is aggravated by doing push ups and this exercise called plank jumps yesterday. You have to hold yourself up with your arms for several minutes. It is taxing on these arms that are not used to being worked! :lol: I'm getting old! HA

Tonight is bowling with my nephews. It has been such a treat to have them out of school for a few days. I miss the summer when we lounged at the pool most of the day and had picnics and ice cream at Sonic.
Children are so fun if you make life fun for them. DH and I always try to become a kid again when we are with them; playing video games, dice games, swimming, watching age-appropriate movies they are interested in....that type of thing. They just grow up to quick!

Sum38
11-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Tell me about it! My DD is senior at HS :((((

Have fun bowling, stay away from the beer :)

I had a great OP day... yay! My calories were high, 1900 BUT I had salmon, black beans and avocado and I had 400 calories worth of just veggies (I did not count avocado as part of the 400)....so the calories were high, but I was filled with great food...no regrets.

I walked 3 miles and did some serious house cleaning....so i am a happy camper :)

patchworkpenguin
11-26-2011, 08:26 PM
We had a nice time at dinner. My SIL just found the 'lost' recipe for Gma Maedell's {MIL's Mom} pecan pie. Madell died before I started dating Hubby but she was apparently a great cook! I had made a pecan pie for Hubby but it wasn't as good as the one SIL made from the recipe.

Today we did some Christmas shopping and then the groc shopping. We didn't buy many presents but had fun looking around. The groc shopping wore us out; we went to a different store than usual, and I didn't know where anything was so we had to backtrack a lot.

I bought myself a 10lb kettlebell at Marshall's for $17. I have a 5,15, 25# but thought the 10 would be a good transition between the 5 and 15.

MusicalAstronaut
11-26-2011, 09:15 PM
I'll share. I feel like I've been stuck around 192 forever. I trained for & ran a 10K to try to boost my weightloss (doubling my time/distance I ran) and at most I barely made it down to 188 in 2 months. And that was only on a couple lucky days. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! :(((

mylifeswork
11-26-2011, 09:20 PM
I've thought about this a lot. It has taken me four years to lose about 40lbs and although I admit that it can be frustrating, I have come to the conclusion that it really is the best way. From what I've read, the body really, really hates to lose weight and will do just about anything to regain that weight. At least by going slowly, your body and mind will adjust.

forloveofself
11-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Sum38 and K9O, I'm going to try the psyllium fibre. Do you find it to be less harsh on your system?
Musical Austronaut and Mylifeswork I'm hoping against recent results that I start losing again. I know how frustrating it is that only weeks before one is losing 2lbs a week, and then it suddenly comes to a halt, no matter what one does.

K9Owner
11-26-2011, 10:40 PM
LoS: yes! No bloating, no cramping with psyllium. I sometimes take it in the a.m & another at bedtime. But mostly, just in the a.m. :)

patchworkpenguin
11-27-2011, 12:31 AM
Sat Nov 26
B= 2 c mik, vits, 2 slices Cinnamon bread French Toast {made by Hubby}, maple syrup
L= Chickfila grilled wrap, Honey Mustard sauce, small Peppermint Choc milkshake {TOM related:dizzy:}
D= chicken and veggies, pumpkin pie, 3 cookies
E= 50 or so 'swings' with my new kbell to break it in.

Musical, welcome, glad to have you join us.

jomatho
11-27-2011, 08:28 AM
We had a nice time at dinner. My SIL just found the 'lost' recipe for Gma Maedell's {MIL's Mom} pecan pie. Madell died before I started dating Hubby but she was apparently a great cook! I had made a pecan pie for Hubby but it wasn't as good as the one SIL made from the recipe.

Today we did some Christmas shopping and then the groc shopping. We didn't buy many presents but had fun looking around. The groc shopping wore us out; we went to a different store than usual, and I didn't know where anything was so we had to backtrack a lot.

I bought myself a 10lb kettlebell at Marshall's for $17. I have a 5,15, 25# but thought the 10 would be a good transition between the 5 and 15.

PP, how do you like the kettlebells? It is one thing that I don't have in my "gym" and have considered adding some on many occasions. Do you follow a particular workout? Maybe that would be a good Christmas idea for someone. I do have one 8# medicine ball that I use once in a while, but that is different.

jomatho
11-27-2011, 08:40 AM
I splurged again yesterday :(. Totally not in the plans, but oh well, it is the past and today is a new day. On plan all week.
I am starting P90X today :eek:, I just installed a pullup bar in my basement "gym", I cannot even do one whole pullup! How sad. I am motivated and will do an unassisted pullup someday. Maybe that will be one of my New Year's resolutions. I watched my boys horse around on in and was totally jealous! I always wanted to everything the boys did when I was younger, such a tomboy. Now I am part tomboy and part girly-girl ;)
I am nervous to start because I know it is going to be intense, but most of you know I am pretty stubborn, I will stick with it no matter how many modifications I need to make (right now). I thought the whole family was going to do it with me, but now I think it is going to be just me :( Oldest DS is starting winter weight lifting at school this week, youngest isn't interested in spending the time at it and DH has other (more cardio) plans. Boo.
So thats my plan, just focusing on getting through each week.

Sum38
11-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Weight 158

Plan:

Walk 3 miles

72-80 oz of water

Bfast
Bob Evans - Original Pork Sausage Patties, 1 patties
Cream - Half and half, 1 tbsp
Tomato - Small 100g - Tomato - Small 100g, 200 g
Dairy - Egg Over-Easy, 2 egg

Lunch
Dole - Bag Lettuce, 1 1/2 cup
Cucumber - With peel, raw, 200 g
Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, year round average, 1 medium whole (2-3/5" dia)
Salad dressing - Italian dressing, 2 tbsp
Generic - Large Grilled Shrimp, 6 oz
Onions - Raw, 40 g

Dinner
Kraft - Mexican Style Four Cheese - Shredded , 1/4 cup
Homemade - Taco Meat - 15 Ounces of Lean Ground Beef and 1 Taco Seasoning Packet, 4 ounces
Onions - Sweet, raw, 100 g
Dole - Bag Lettuce, 1 1/2 cup
Fresh Gourmet - Tortilla Strips Tri-Color, 2 Tbsp (7 g)
Great Value (Wal-Mart) - Black Beans (Canned), 1/2 cup
Generic - Roma Tomato, Small, 1 plum tomato (62g) small

Snacks
TBD

Calories 1113 (+250 cal for snacks) Carbs 72 Fat 43 Protein 97

Sum38
11-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Jo I can't do any :) I have always had very weak wrists :( -- Knowing you; at the end of 2012, you will do 50 at a time :hug:

forloveofself this is my 3 rd day...I was quite bloated last night...but I read it was a normal reaction, at first, and would go away in a few days. I woke up this morning and I feel good and not bloated. I was able to use the potty right upon wakening as well :o So i will give it a go and see what happens. I will report back :)

:wave: mylifeswork Welcome! Remember we dance slow here :)

MusicalAstronaut Jo has been excellent what comes to working through her obstacles...she is the queen of tricking her system and is a wealth of good info. -- Welcome and stick with us!

PP I told you this before, I love your avi! It looks just like my Shadow :)

Krystal I hope you had fun with kiddies!

Sum38
11-27-2011, 09:50 AM
I always fall of the water wagon...and each time I climb back on; takes me days to to start losing the water I am drinking. -- I "feel" thinner this am, but I think I am hanging onto the 80 oz of water.... weight is the same as yesterday and day before...

jomatho
11-27-2011, 09:56 AM
I always fall of the water wagon...and each time I climb back on; takes me days to to start losing the water I am drinking. -- I "feel" thinner this am, but I think I am hanging onto the 80 oz of water.... weight is the same as yesterday and day before...

I know what you mean. They say the more you drink, the more water you lose, but I don't know if it works that way for me. I have been bad with my water lately. Need to work on that. For a while, I kept a 16 ounce cup on top of the fridge above the water dispenser and every time I pulled together a meal, I drank one of those. Helped with hunger and getting the water in, but I got away from it as soon as the cup went into the dishwasher :lol: I think I will get that cup back up there!

jomatho
11-27-2011, 10:13 AM
I'll share. I feel like I've been stuck around 192 forever. I trained for & ran a 10K to try to boost my weightloss (doubling my time/distance I ran) and at most I barely made it down to 188 in 2 months. And that was only on a couple lucky days. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! :(((

We have very similar stats! I will try to help. I am curious, how much are you eating and how much are you burning a day? I would be willing to bet you are not eating enough and your body is holding onto every morsel to support all that running. We all think the less we eat and the more exercise we do, the faster we will lose, but the body doesn't work that way, as I have found out the hard way.
Go to this site
http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
plug in your info to see what your BMR is. Once you find this out, you need to eat at least this much every day. Your BMR is what you would burn if you were lying in bed in a coma, just to support your bodily processes. Most of us trying to lose weight eat below that which is craziness. That site believes you should eat what your goal weight self will eat. It will give you a recommendation according to your stats and your activity level (read all the way down the results page). Compare that to what you have been eating and go from there. I did get off a long plateau by eating more!

Sum38
11-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Jo I bought one of these from Starbucks

http://www.starbucksstore.com/Holiday-Customizable-Cold-Cup%2C-24-fl-oz/011015356,default,pd.html?start=1&cgid=drinkware

It holds 24 oz and I keep it on kitchen counter. I refill it 3 times.... It is my reminded :lol:

jomatho
11-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Jo I bought one of these from Starbucks

http://www.starbucksstore.com/Holiday-Customizable-Cold-Cup%2C-24-fl-oz/011015356,default,pd.html?start=1&cgid=drinkware

It holds 24 oz and I keep it on kitchen counter. I refill it 3 times.... It is my reminded :lol:

Oh, that is too cute!

princessgina00
11-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Well, I weighed in at 193 today, which means that I have officially lost all of the weight (7 lbs) I "gained" from Thanksgiving. Yay! Hopefully, tomorrow at my official weekly weigh-in I can get down to 192 and post a net loss for the week of Thanksgiving.

K9Owner
11-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Good late morning all :wave:

:welcome2: to all of the new faces that have joined us.
It is great to have each of you on this journey with us.
Our goal is to stay accountable & share our experiences, so that we may become more informed and educated through each other.

We did not get to go bowling last night.
We went, but when we got there, they were starting neon bowling.
It was going to cost us $60 for 4 people (w/a 6 yr old) for 1 hr!!
I knew he would be to tired to stay for the allotted 3 hrs!
So, we rented Zookeeper & Fast 5.
We still ended up having a TON of fun (& no the 6 yr old wasn't allowed to watch the latter show) ;)
I ate waaaaay to much after 6pm, including popcorn & Almond Joy Bites!
:tantrum:
This is one of the reasons why I take my cooler everywhere!
But, I hadn't packed it tonight :cry:

I know some people have scheduled cheat days, but I find it too hard for me to get back OP after 1 of these! I realize I just have to do it, but cravings after high amounts of processed carbs are killer!
It also doesn't help that TOM is here :stress:

Cals Saturday: ~1700 (Home made Shrimp Egg Rolls, Protein Shake, Strawberry Cottage cheese, cake, sweet potatoes, forementioned junk, coffee)
Exercise Rest Day
80 oz Water

Work tonight!
Have a lovely Sunday!

No weigh in today :carrot:
I am starting to NOT do this everday! Yaaaa

K9Owner
11-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Jo: I know you want a lovely variation for using that pull-up bar ((giggles))
And you know I have JUST the workout tutorial for you!
2 vids actually, so enjoy! Vid 1 (http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/03/25/300-rep-workout-awesome-routine-for-fat-loss/) Vid 2 (http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/01/07/mma-workout-major-muscle-apocalypse/)
1/2 way through Vid 2 is a very nice tutorial on how to use that bar with a chair!!

MusicalAstronaut
11-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks Jo, I'll check that site out right now. :) I'm trying to eat 1500 calories a day. Also, do you have any input on interval training? I'm going to give that a shot this month, instead of increasing my distance running. Spending more than an hour in one go on the treadmill is killing my feet!

This is what the website gave me:
Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1771
Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 2030
Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2288
Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2546
Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2804

jomatho
11-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Jo: I know you want a lovely variation for using that pull-up bar ((giggles))
And you know I have JUST the workout tutorial for you!
2 vids actually, so enjoy! Vid 1 (http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/03/25/300-rep-workout-awesome-routine-for-fat-loss/) Vid 2 (http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/01/07/mma-workout-major-muscle-apocalypse/)
1/2 way through Vid 2 is a very nice tutorial on how to use that bar with a chair!!

Okay, I don't feel so bad, she only can do one without the assist of a chair, so my 1/4 of one doesn't sound too far off, considering I am a weakling compared to her and carrying a heck of a lot more weight! Chair assisted is what I did today. I like how she let the chair go on the way down to work the negative though. I will try that next time. She is bad @ss!

alaskanlaughter
11-27-2011, 03:41 PM
hi i am here...krystal invited me a super long time ago and that just shows how busy ive been, i havent even checked my messages here LOL :( i sowwy :( i will try to post more later and even if i get busy, i'm still here in spirit :)

K9Owner
11-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Jo: yES! Zuzi is bad@$$, but the cool thing (& I love this abt her) is that she never wants to leave anyone behind or out, just because of your weakness! She always gives alternative beginner exercises & that makes me so less intimidated by her!!

Alaskan: I am so glad to see you I can hardly breathe!! Thank you so much for sending me a msg!! I love hearing from you :) i know life is busy for all of us & more busyness is expected with Christmas & New Year's right around the corner. It's ok!

I just don't want to allow the busyness of life to derail me from my fitness goals like it has in the past. I stated on another forum (& I truly believe this), I have gained these 20 lbs over 3 yrs after allowing birthday, special event food, & TOM's cRAVEN bird to add up. I would eat & gain & then never lose those few lbs. This time around, I don't care if I have to stay at this plateau for another 4 months. I hope & pray I never see 160 again--EVER!

forloveofself
11-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Hello everyone, Welcome to all who are new to the thread.

So far so good. I actually didn't feel like eating much, stomach is still a bit out of sorts,:( though it felt good earlier yesterday. Drank a lot of water late in the evening to flush it out, so needless to say, I needed to p every time I woke in the wee hours (no pun intended).
But I decided that skipping calories would be just as bad a thing as having too many cals.

Breakfast: Greek yogurt, tea with cream, never sugar.

Lunch: I didn't want any left over turkey, so has leftover ground beef on a wheat taco and a large green salad with olive oil.

Snack: Just had another tea and a blueberry greek yogurt

Feeling very full. Have made effort to drink daily water quota. Often have only 6-7 glasses instead of 8 ( though usually more than make up for it on the days I exercise very hard and during warmer weather).

Plan for dinner:
Another large salad, and wheat crackers with cheese and bits of sliced chicken breast.

I hope your sunday is going great!

Sum38
11-27-2011, 06:00 PM
forloveofself Must be one of those days....

Yesterday I felt I was starving all day; I kept eating veggies... This morning I woke up feeling satisfied. I had my bfast...327 calories around 10 am... I had had my husk drink around 9 am...

Then I was not hungry at all until 3:45 when I had my lunch; 444 calories...

Now I am stuffed... I am under 800 cal :( I doubt if I am hungry for dinner, maybe I will enjoy a glass of wine with my hubby to add calories :)

I think this fiber supplement is making me feel fuller. I also consumed 2 1/2 pounds of vegetables yesterday and nearly 2 pounds today.... I think it is making me stuffed!

K9Owner
11-27-2011, 06:05 PM
small Peppermint Choc milkshake {TOM related:dizzy:}

This sounds sooooo yummi :drool: YES! Even to the non-chocoholic! :rofl:
I am making my next Chocolate Protein Shake by adding some Creme' de Mint oil flavoring I have (YUM)!

alaskanlaughter
11-27-2011, 07:42 PM
krystal....help me out on my treadmill stuff here...i got tired of trying to work out at home and i wasnt able to work out as hard as i wanted to at home, so i joined a gym about a month ago...since then ive been putting in 6 days a week there on the treadmill (which was primarily what i wanted the gym for at this point)...i also tend to get bored easily of one type of workout so i figure once im tired of the treadmill, the gym offers other things i can then obsess over lol

here is my workout routine...im finding with my asthma that i cant push past 1 minute of intervals, well i can but i end up gasping and wheezing...so before i work out i stretch and take a puff of inhaler...then here's my routine:

3 minutes warm up walking gradually getting up to 3 mph, then jog 4.6 mph 1 minute, walk 3 mph 1 minute, jog 4.6 for 1 minute

then i do intervals, walk 3 mph, run 5.0, walk 3.0, run 5.5, back and forth, one minute each for half an hour or 40 minutes...then cool down walk slowing it down gradually from 3.0 to 0.6, stretching out my legs and cooling off.....then i stretch out a few minutes on the wall, take a puff of my inhaler and i'm done

i feel like i'm pushing myself HARD to do this, i'm drenched in sweat when i'm done...but i also don't ache later, i dont have shinsplints, and i dont hurt later....my body seems to have changed over the last month, gotten smaller, but the scale hasnt really moved much....i'm keeping calories somewhere between 1400-1700...is that too many calories? is that too easy of a work out? feedback?

K9Owner
11-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Alaskan: I will DEFO give you feedback on this Monday night> I am working tonight. If you believe this routine is hard for now for your body, you are probably right!

mgruce
11-27-2011, 08:06 PM
I tried so hard this week. We went to a hockey game and sat in a suite. CanI say never ending food? oh wait and a dessert cart. It looked like something from willy wonka. I stayed away from it all.

Thanksgiving.. I gave in to the mashed potatoes & gravy, had a biscuit and a slice of apple pie. do you know 1 slice is 400 calories?? OUCH! I still managed to have a deficit.

Today, my son made brownies.. mom why dont you have a taste? I made them.. ok so 2 teaspoons later all the memories of what I loved about chocolate came back. I havent had any in 4 weeks.

I went to buy a treadmill on Saturday, but they were out so I had to order it... 7-10 days.. ok weather is nice, I am walking the hills.

Tuesday is mother nature calling.. TOM is going to kill me with water weight. Wednesday is weigh in. It's so hard to lose weight, even 1 pound that if I stay the same I dont want to blame TOM and then give in to all the cravings. I feel like such a failure when no weight comes off and the looks people give you when they ask did you lose and you say no or 1 pound. Like you must have eaten 10 brownies and arent trying...

ARGHHH sometimes it is so frustrating...

Larry H
11-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Krystal

If things don't improve with my scale I may have to join your group here.
I am now at the same weight I was in JULY:?:

That should qualify me for a "Slow Dance" :D

Great thread you have here :carrot: I have been lurking in it since you started it.

Larry,

patchworkpenguin
11-27-2011, 08:36 PM
I thought TOM was over but I was fooled, I felt exhausted all day and weird cravings. Hubby is putting trim around the bottom of our bathroom, the remodeling job {of our only bathroom} is in its 4th year and still not finished, but we're getting closer.

Jo, I always workout to DVD's; I've tried a few kbell workouts but find most of them boring and repeditive, and they focus more on the cardio aspect {'because we want our heartrate up while we do this..."} then the weightwork. {Kettlebell Way 1 in an exception} I did P90x several years ago without a pullup bar and found the tubing/bands to be a fine substitue.

Musical, not Jo, but I've tried interval training for a while last year. The workouts are shorter and more intense but I found I was dreading them more also, and didn't really see much of an improvement in my endurance or cardio capacity {or weightloss}

K9, I enjoyed the shake but won't get another. It was good but not as spectacular as it sounded. Mostly peppermint flavor.

Alaskan, I'm laughing because I have a very similar TM interval workout taped to my machine.

Sum38
11-27-2011, 08:40 PM
:wave: Larry :)

alaskanlaughter
11-27-2011, 09:25 PM
I thought TOM was over but I was fooled, I felt exhausted all day and weird cravings. Hubby is putting trim around the bottom of our bathroom, the remodeling job {of our only bathroom} is in its 4th year and still not finished, but we're getting closer.

[

omg you should have SEEN the Remodeling Project of Last Weekend...this one oughta go down in history LOL....we have planned to remodel the floors in our house for a long time and actually ordered the flooring about a month ago but in alaska everything takes longer, especially when there's no roads to get it here...so it finally came in and we set to work cleaning, organizing, and moving EVERY.SINGLE.PIECE of furniture from the living room and kitchen, as well as all pictures from the walls because we learned the hard way that when you hammer things into the walls, it tends to make pictures fall off LOL....we ripped out all the old carpeting and, i swear, the carpet padding underneath was as old as the house and OMG grossss(!!!)...i swept up PILES literally of this...dust...stuff...like not even dirt, just powdery dusty...stuff...i kept thinking it was like 6 million dust mites or something...eeewwww...then came the hard part, where DH and his BIL (who owns a construction company) and two of our friends (BIL's workers) cut and hammered down a plywood subfloor on top of the original subfloor and THEN laid down the new flooring throughout the entire living room, hallway and kitchen...then of course we had to move everything back into place...everything, EVERY.THING was covered in sawdust, seriously i felt like i was covered in sawdust even after numerous showers lol....i had to dust everything, move it back into place, clean up etc...but the house looks beautiful!!!! took out that nasty old green carpet that was here when we bought the place, as well as the linoleum in the kitchen, and laid down brown-red hardwood flooring through all of it...

patchworkpenguin
11-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Sun Nov 27
L= Jason's Deli small Spud Du Broc {I didn't name it!}
S= Pumpkin fluff
D= 6 Tricuit, Turkey, Cheese {TTC}, cranberry sauce, Cranberry blondie
S= Peanuts, peaches {not together}
E=none

What I did right!= resisted the urge to snack mindlessly this evening, didn't stress eat, or give into weird TOM cravings.
What I wish I had done= exercise
What I wish I hadn't done= had less sweets and I could have been more active because I feel like I sat all day.

Alaskan, That does sound like a mess! I bet you're glad that's over. When Hubby and I bought the house the carpet was the first thing to go! Then he 'redid' the hardwood floors. Due to structural issues we had to redo the bathroom. They blew concete onto mesh and created smooth 'walls' and 'floors' to lay the tile on, but all the weight was sinkiing the house so Hubby, Dad, and I pulled it all out and laid more tile. That part took two years, Did I mention this is our only bath, LOL?

Larry, welcome, glad to have you join us.

alaskanlaughter
11-28-2011, 01:58 AM
omg two YEARS?? wowww i would NOT be happy with that in my main bathroom LOL

jomatho
11-28-2011, 08:42 AM
I just don't want to allow the busyness of life to derail me from my fitness goals like it has in the past. I stated on another forum (& I truly believe this), I have gained these 20 lbs over 3 yrs after allowing birthday, special event food, & TOM's cRAVEN bird to add up. I would eat & gain & then never lose those few lbs. This time around, I don't care if I have to stay at this plateau for another 4 months. I hope & pray I never see 160 again--EVER!

This! This is me too and I refuse to let myself cave!

Sum38
11-28-2011, 08:43 AM
I stayed under plan all day; I was not that hungry. Total calories around 1100. Sodium 1400 mg. Sugar 18g!! NO ADDED SUGAR ALL DAY!Water intake a bit low; 64. No walk because weather was horrid.

I did not weigh in this AM, I really should get a healthier relationship with my scale. :)

Plan for today:

72-80 oz of water

Walk 3 miles

Bfast
Sausage patty
2 eggs
tomato
spinach

Lunch
Progresso soup
Salad with veggies

Snack
Apple with BP

Dinner
Lettuce with 1 pound of mixed veggies
salad dressing
Grilled chicken with "fried" potatoes

Cal 1106 (+250 for snack) Carbs 74 Fat 55 Protein 80

Sum38
11-28-2011, 08:47 AM
This! This is me too and I refuse to let myself cave!

Krystal and Jo I third that!! As my husband put it; no more "fat/fun days; you have had your party over the years and time to pay the piper"

K9Owner
11-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Finally home from a long night at work. I am so thrilled to see so many dancing partners ;)

Larry: We can tango anytime! Just don't forget the Lasix, please!! :rofl:

Kristiina: Awesome job on No Sugar!! I wanna be sugar free!!

I promise to make more personal posts after my nap.
It is rainy & yucki here. However, it's a GREAT day for core, strength, or a machine indoors!
So, what are you waiting for??
This is your official Monday morning e-vite to exercise today!!

Larry H
11-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Larry: We can tango anytime! Just don't forget the Lasix, please!! :rofl:

Krystal, patchworkpenguin, Sum Thank you for the warm :welcome3: :hug:

Krystal I am taking Lasix and Spironlactone!! :dizzy: If anyone needs me I will be in the bathroom! :rofl:

Larry,

patchworkpenguin
11-28-2011, 12:07 PM
2 lbs is a start, instead of being happy, I feel that it will be back tomorrow so why get excited. :(

Its raining and chilly here too, Krystal gets our weather before we get it. I've got bread and laundry to do today. Don't I sound excited? I've got some sort of cardio/weight circuit planned but haven't picked a vid yet.

Sum, great job on the no sugar day!

alaskanlaughter
11-28-2011, 12:24 PM
over the last month we've had more winter storms than i can count...every other day we're getting inches upon inches of snow...right now we're approaching 50 inches which is unusual for my rainforest...my little car also doesnt handle bad weather at ALL, as in spinning tires, sliding, skidding, getting stuck at just the thought of snow etc....so last night we were supposed to get another 6 inches of snow...instead it turned to rain

i woke up at 6 a.m. to a driveway full of slush, like 4 inches maybe of slushy melty snow....anyone ever tried to shovel water? LOL...so i got ready for work, have to be here by 645, no other option, no one else scheduled for this early to work....and i get stuck in the slush at the end of the driveway...so DH pushes me out..then i get stuck in the slush on our street TWICE...not even DH could drive me out of it...he ended up pushing me out into a running start on the street and i just hit it and took the mile out to the main roads at 20 mph, spinning and sliding and throwing snow from my tires LMAO! praying i wouldnt slide into anything and that i wouldnt have to stop because i knew if i stopped, i would be stuck again...thank god the main roads are plowed! and i wont be going home today until 6 p.m. and the side roads should be plowed by then...ugh

ItsMyTurn
11-28-2011, 12:52 PM
LOL @ Larry :lol: You have me laughing real time !

Hey Krystal - I will take a reincheck on the core work until late tonight. Get up at 3:30am to get meds for kids and ready for work, working til 4, then have to travel 2 citites over to pay on a bill before I even start home, should arrive there around 6... long day and hard to fit core into the am routine ;) Hoping tonight though :D Apparently the DH says when I skip a workout I get a wee bit cranky/stressed/snappy... *insert innocent face here*. So he will warm up the stew I made in advance over the weekend for the kids and I will get in a workout... or that's the plan anyway :)

Sum38
11-28-2011, 04:22 PM
This never happens...but I am just not hungry!!?? Is it the Psyllium? I am going to stuggle to get my calories in again...never thought I would say that! :lol:

K9Owner
11-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Princess: :crossed: for a good weigh in report!

Musical Astronaut: If it's at home HIIT you desire, BodyRock.tv (http://www.bodyrock.tv/) should have something for you (and anyone else interested in at home HIIT) ;)

Alaskan: Are you going for distance/endurance? or are you going for speed? If it's endurance you are aiming for, you may want to slow that :tread: down a little. This is what I suggest. If you have access to earphones bring them the next time you run. Play a song that you know most of the words & hop on. Whisper the song aloud while running. The goal is to be able to sing the entire song while running at the same time. You will adjust your speed until you can successfully sing and run through the whole thing. If this doesn't work for you with music, try talking to your neighbor on the :tread: beside you or talking to yourself. I know this sounds crazy, but it works. You only want to run at a pace that makes it comfortable to carry on a conversation with someone without getting out of breath. I'll send you in IM a schedule ;)

mgruce: Sounds like you are slow dancing with an unexperienced partner and having your toes stepped on often! I can't stand when my best efforts are derailed by circumstances. However, if it is 1 pound you lose in a week, I would hold my head HIGH and shout boldy, "YES! I lost 1 pound! I am 1 pound closer to my goal!" If people stare and act like that's no big deal, next week when they ask, I would say the same thing! Then, after a month, I would proclaim my 4 pounds with pride! (Hey, when you've been bouncing around in plateau mode for so long, 1 pound is ALOT to get excited about! AND FOUR :lol3:

PP: I love your analogy of "What I did right" "What I wish I had done" & "What I wish I hadn't done" It reminded me of another 3FC member's blog entitled "The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly" ( I miss her, btw) I think this is a super way to focus on strengths while acknowledging there is still areas of weakness that need work in our lives. Sometimes, I get into a funk and say, "But I ran x miles this week. I worked out x amount of hours. I passed on :jeno: at work. etc" I deserve a LOSS this week.
But do I really report "The Ugly"?? I may have passed on the :jeno: but I ate 2 extra servings of pineapple. I may have ran an extra mile, but I ate that SoDelicious frozen dessert right before bed!

Kristiina: I wish my hubby would tell me it's time to pay the piper. All I hear is the positives.
"You look great. You don't need to lose any more. Why are you doing this?" He's so melancholy!
I'd love to have your issue with food today. I have to exercise today just to eat dinner :cry:

Star: :hug: Can I come over for stew? That sounds delish on a day like today in Memphis! It's FRIGID!

forloveofself
11-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Hello Larry H :D and mgruce Nice to meet you both

Sum38, it could well be the psyllium. fibre ads a lot of bulk to your tummy before it passes.
I am also not particularly hungry again today, though I wish the stirrings in my stomach and intestines would settle down. More water to flush out the air is in order I suppose.

It was so good to be able to walk in the wood again now that the hunters are gone. Puppy and I did nearly two miles today. To her joy and excitmentm she found something unsavory to roll around in, and eat so had to give her a bath and teeth cleaning when we got back.

Breakfast: one four inch round waffle, low sugar syrup and 2 cubes of chicken breast for protien instead of egg( does any one else have trouble digesting boiled eggs as I do?:() total carbs under 25

Lunch: always biggest meal of the day) turkey and cheese sausage, 1.5 cups of stir fry veggies, 1/2 cup cottage cheese a few oven baked, seasoned chips(fries) total carbs under 30

Plan for dinner: Large green salad with a few pieces of chicken breast or a chicken thigh, buttered scone.
Snack: greek yogurt
Enjoy your day !

patchworkpenguin
11-28-2011, 06:19 PM
I did 50 minutes of exercise using my new kettlebell too.

I can report my knees are better, my elbow is still a little sore however, and whatever the 3rd thing was I complained about is apparently gone because I can't remember what it was, LOL.

I need to think about something for dinner..,.

K9Owner
11-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Our thread has been properly shuffled over to the Support Group Section (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/) of 3FC. Once your on the page, please use the purple "Forum Tools" to subscribe to the forum so that it will be easier to locate the thread.
It is easy for you to locate by using your "User CP" button on the top left of your page after you have subscribed ;)

Larry H
11-28-2011, 08:55 PM
My scale read 213 lbs today. That leaves 10 more pounds yet to lose to be back at the weight I was at the day before Thanksgiving and my 17 pound gain that day.

I fixed a pot roast in my crock pot with potatoes and carrots for lunch (lunch is my big meal of the day). Tonight I had old fashioned oatmeal and 1/2 cup egg beaters. I also had an afternoon snack of red seedless grapes.

This brings my calorie count to 873 and my sodium count today is an amazing low 365 mg. It rained all day today so I did not get to take out my bicycle as I had planned. Oh well tomorrow is another day. This was supposed to be my first bike ride since having cardiac bypass surgery in April.

Larry,

patchworkpenguin
11-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Our thread has been properly shuffled over to the Support Group Section (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/) of 3FC.

ACK! I've been a member here HOW long and I neve realized that once I get to Support Groups I can scroll down from there, I thought the groups were just divided into catagories such as 100 club or Chicks up for a Challenge. I was having trouble finding the thread, but I found it, finally. :dizzy:

alaskanlaughter
11-29-2011, 12:30 AM
today was my break day from the gym...chosen because i knew my day was filled with work and meetings...and trying not to drive home in the slush until they plowed our streets...i worked all day from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. with two small half hour-ish breaks....made hamburger stroganoff for dinner...was hungry today, ate at work more than i should have...calories at 1140 plus two saucers of stroganoff...been trying to keep my sugar low because it crept up over thanksgiving ...im doing calorie counting still, working out and trying to stay away from sugar...tomorrow will hit the gym again, nothing going on in between work shifts tomorrow

patchworkpenguin
11-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Mon Nov 28
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= Chicken, bread stuffing, green bean cas, carrots
D= Stew, roll
S= Pumpkin Fluff Parfait w graham crackers
S= 2 c choc milk- I don't want my stomach growling while I'm trying to sleep
E= 50min cardio/kbells

Right- skipped my morning poptart, had dinner later than usual to spread out my meals, kept exercising when I could have quit, didn't shoot computer when it froze on me.

Regret- didn't finish my 'to do' list

Wrong- could have been more active, got frusterated quickly, indecisive

Alaskan, glad your survived the day and the drives to and from work. Its snowing down here {!} but not enough to stick or cause problems.

K9Owner
11-29-2011, 01:20 AM
Quick recap of Monday--which began at midnight for me ;)

Shrimp Shirataki Bowl, PB Grahams, 1 Egg Roll, Raspberry Greek Yogurt: 595
Cereal w/2 c Skim Milk :nono: 420
1/2 baked sweet potato: 86
Coffee: 144
Savory Vegetable Soup w/leftover turkey ;) Thanks Star for the idea :drool: 270
Total:1515

Bodyrock + Ran 2 miles w/6 sprints at 30sec/10sec intervals:420

Jo: If you like flavored coffees, you have to drop by the spirit shop and pick up some Fulton's Harvest (http://www.drinkhacker.com/2011/08/29/review-fultons-harvest-pumpkin-pie-cream-liqueur/)! :drool:

K9Owner
11-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Morning everyone :wave:
I woke up to snow in my driveway :fr:
We usually DO NOT get snow until January--if that!
:yay:

I LOVE snow!!

Today's Plan
STAY OP!!
DH is off work and he has already asked to go out to eat for breakfast :nono:
NOT happening!

Enjoy your Tuesday--Eat some negative calorie food today, like celery.
Watch your Sodium
& DRINK some water!!
Your body will THANK YOU ;)

Sum38
11-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Morning,

I stayed pretty well OP. Ended up at 1500 calories and 2.5 mile walk.

Today's plan

No walk; yucky beyond belief out there.

Bfast
Eggs
Sausage
Spinach
Tomato

Lunch
Shrimp with sweet chili sauce
Salad with 1/2 of weggies

Dinner
Beef tenderloin
Salad with 1 pound of trimmings :)

Cal 1200

forloveofself
11-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Good Morning everyone, Preparing my mind to have lunch with some people I don't want to have lunch with. They are big eaters all, and never met a carb they didn't love.
I'm preparing for the comments about having lost 15lbs, and "try this" "this is really good" ugh.
I hope I stay resolved rather than give in. I Will Take Care of Myself! is my mantra.

Blustery out, but will try to get at least a mile walk in when I get home.
Have a great day.

Have a marvelous day.

K9Owner
11-29-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm preparing for the comments about having lost 15lbs, and "try this" "this is really good" ugh.
I hope I stay resolved rather than give in. I Will Take Care of Myself! is my mantra.

:rofl:
Gotta love friends!!

patchworkpenguin
11-29-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm waiting for the towels to dry so I can start baking. I've been craving Rocky Road Squares and I thought it would be good to make them for an 'event' {I always do better that way!}, so I'm making them for tomorrow's Bible study preperation day {we have a snack time, :o}, then I signed up to take a dessert to the Bible study monthly luncheon on Thursday. I suppose its too much to hope that I can make one thing for both??? But I have a quick backup dessert just in case.

Kickboxing/abs as well as housecleaning for today. I feel like I have a huge to-do list and I'm sitting around waiting on towels to dry, but it gives me a chance to check in.

For Love, stay strong! It will be over soon!

Sum, I like that you plan ahead. Hopefully, that will rub off on me.

Krystal, we barely got any snow and it didn't stick.

patchworkpenguin
11-29-2011, 02:09 PM
You know those cartoons where the person slips on a banana peel, flys up in the air then lands flat on their back?? Apparently that happens in real life, too, no banana peel needed. Fortunatly, I landed on my butt and there's a lot of padding there so I didn't break anything. However, I was already cold and now I have a icepack on my hip, but did I mention that nothing was broken and that's the important thing!

I don't believe I'll be working out or cleaning house today, either.

forloveofself
11-29-2011, 04:22 PM
K9O, I'm sure you know how it goes at these things.

Patchwork, So sorry about your fall, but am glad nothing is broken. Hope you are not bruised.
Thanks for the encouragement, I did really well at lunch.
Actually, no one said anything about my weight loss this time, but there sure was a lot of food.
I had one of the barbeque drumsticks I brought, a heaping of veggies, and a whole wheat bun(roll) with butter
The most high calorie thing I had was some sugared nuts, so I managed to keep my total to about 800 cals/40carbs.
I ate slowly, ignored anyone who said "did you get [this or that]"

For dinner, not sure, maybe a bowl full of oatmeal and canned fruit 350 cals/35carbs?

Snack will be more yogurt or whole wheat crackers and cheddar cheese

Breakfast was yogurt, under 200 cals

alaskanlaughter
11-29-2011, 05:48 PM
krystal i tried one of your recommendations today at the gym....instead of alternating minutes at 5-5.5 mph i slowed it back down to 4.6 which is where i warm up at jogging...and did two minute stretches of that...so walk at 3.0 1 minute, jog at 4.6 2 minutes, alternating til i hit 30 minutes...it was reallyyyy hard and im trying to teach myself to take deeper breaths while jogging, it seems to stave off the asthma attacks...and while i didnt have an attack while jogging, i felt like i never really caught my breath the whole time....after 30 minutes i slowed it back for good to 3.0 and gradually increased the incline up to 10, did 3 solid minutes at 10, felt like my legs were gonna collapse, and slowly dialed it back down for a total of 10 minutes at an incline....5 minutes of cooling down, slowing the 3.0 down to 0.6 and i was done

menu today so far:
oatmeal with a few nuts/dates, one mini bagel - 300 calories
sugar free mocha - 170 calories
treadmill says i burned 260 calories (felt like more LOL)

time to work with my students for the next 5 hours...then home to make dinner, help set up the christmas tree, and take cousin adam who's staying with us to meet him mom on the ferry

patchworkpenguin
11-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Tues Nov 29

B= 2 c milk vits,
L= turkey sand, 1/2 can peaches
D= chili, 2 cornbread
S= 5 or 6 Rocky Road squares
E= none

Right= Taking phone outside with me. If I had really hurt myself I could have called for help! Not eating RR Squares as I was making them! Only had some as I was cutting/boxing them for tomorrow.

Wrong= Falling down and going boom! Eating 5-6 squares instead of 2-3!

Regret=Not taking asprin sooner. Not eating enough in the morning.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I won't be too sore!

K9Owner
11-30-2011, 12:50 AM
Hi guys/ladies/Larry :wave:
Today was an AWESOME day!

Pumpie Pie Liqueur Coffee, Egg Omelet:268
1/2 Grilled chicken Spud w/Sour Cream and Salsa: 333
Pumpkin Pie Liqueur Coffee: 144
12oz Merlot, 1/2 Grilled chicken Spud w/Sour Cream and Salsa: 618
Total: 1363

Water: 48 oz :fr:
No Exercise: :nono:
Although I didn't exercise today, I truly had a GREAT day!

K9Owner
11-30-2011, 01:05 AM
PP: WoW! Sounds like you had an eventful day! I hope you feel better tomorrow. Praying for you, gf :)

Kristiina: I need your food for the week!! Keep up the excellent work!!

Alaskan: I forgot to ask you, How is your breathing while running? I would suggest a 1step, 2step, 3step inhale thru the nose and on the 4th step, exhale forcefully thru your mouth. It can be difficult at first, but many beginner's find this technique rhythmic and easy once they get the hang of it. They do not feel as short of breath.

LoveofSelf: Great job sticking with your guns at the party!

princessgina00
11-30-2011, 01:11 AM
193 again today. No move to the scale. Maybe next week.

Breakfast:
Slim Fast shake - strawberry
2 turkey sausage links
1 cup broccoli and cauliflower
Calories: 310

Lunch:
turkey bologna/2% American cheese sandwich
1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
3/4 cup mixed berries
1/8 cup sugar-free syrup
Calories: 410

Snack:
13 cups air-popped popcorn
olive oil spray
Calories: 260

Dinner:
1/2 cup canned pink salmon
1/4 cup black-eyed peas
Calories: 295

Snack:
1 sugar-free caramel pudding
Calories: 60

Calorie Total: 1335

alaskanlaughter
11-30-2011, 01:55 AM
PP: WoW! Sounds like you had an eventful day! I hope you feel better tomorrow. Praying for you, gf :)

Kristiina: I need your food for the week!! Keep up the excellent work!!

Alaskan: I forgot to ask you, How is your breathing while running? I would suggest a 1step, 2step, 3step inhale thru the nose and on the 4th step, exhale forcefully thru your mouth. It can be difficult at first, but many beginner's find this technique rhythmic and easy once they get the hang of it. They do not feel as short of breath.

LoveofSelf: Great job sticking with your guns at the party!

i will try that tomorrow...i wasnt too sore from my workout today, a little sore right afterwards but not for the whole day...my calories ended up at about 1650 and minus the exercise, at 1390...and i might be overestimating the total calories too...i had a little bit of brown rice and chicken with a sauce for dinner but i didnt like it...did really good at keeping away from sugar today too so i'm proud of that...my weakest time is at night though, when i relax and i'm tired...i could totally do a faceplant into a tub of ice cream every.single.night and be happy *sigh*

jomatho
11-30-2011, 07:47 AM
I am not doing a very good job keeping up this week! I am in a little slump attitudinaly (is that even a word?), but it too shall pass, just hormones messing with me.
My thanksgiving gain is not wanting to budge very quickly but I know that is hormones too. Darn hormones.

I have been much better with my calories and food choices the last couple days, so that is a step in the right direction. I was getting used to that "quick ad calories" button over the weekend. That is not a good habit!

Today is Day 4 of P90X and I was hoping to get some cardio in too but I have to see if I have the energy. Anyone else feel drained with PMS? I think it is my worst symptom, aside from the moodiness and munchies that is, ha.

I don't have the mental energy to do personals right now, but I am reading and keeping up and enjoying everyone's comments. I will try again later.

K9Owner
11-30-2011, 08:39 AM
JO: :hug: I'll beat TOM up for you! He's a bully! :hug:

patchworkpenguin
11-30-2011, 09:09 AM
I'm really impressed with how well I'm feeling today. I expected to be 'walking funny' based on how bad I hurt yesterday, I"m sure the heating pad and hot soak had a lot to do with it.

forloveofself
11-30-2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the encouragement everyone.
We all seem to be doing considerably well despite setbacks and obstacles. :cool:

The scale soon WILL move in our favour.

Being able to visit this thread is a big part of my journey. The things I'm able to talk about here because of the protection of the electronic wall really helps, and I know we are all on this journey.

I feel a bit like a water filled baloon today, so there is obviously an imbalance. i'm drinking lots of water, yet I'm still dry when I go potty. I had a tablespoon of olive oil in addition to what I usually have on my salad. hopefully, that will help.

Breakfast: carmel macchiato coffee, blueberry greek yogurt. 275 cals

Planned lunch: cottage cheese, two egg cheese omlet toast, geeen salad, veggies 600 cals

Dinner: 1 can Tuna in green salad, a little pasta 300 cals
Snacks: yogurt/ macchiato coffee/ wheat crackers/cheese

Have a great day everyone.

alaskanlaughter
11-30-2011, 12:08 PM
good morning...i work really early so im here at work....i manage a before and after school childcare program at an elementary school...so i work for an hour or so and then come back near the end of the school day and work til 6 p.m....its 7 a.m. right now...i have a regular day today, which means i'll go home soon, eat something, head to the gym around 10, then head back to work around noon...tonight i have a board of directors meeting after work....i serve on the local board for a national early childhood eduction organization

alaskanlaughter
11-30-2011, 08:10 PM
where is everyone??? lol (even though ive been absent for like 4 months lol)

i did another 45 minutes on the treadmill this morning, with a half hour jogging intervals for 2 minutes each again this time...it wasnt as bad as yesterday and i tried krystal's suggestion of the breathing on 3 steps and that seemed to help, esp during the last minute of each interval when my breathing was getting difficult...i then walked 10 minutes at an incline and got out 6 minutes at 10% incline this time instead of the 3 minutes yesterday and again it didnt seem as bad as yesterday....i wont be online until about 830 p.m. which to everyone else is closer to midnight because i'm way up here on alaska time

(Alaska time runs on duct tape and extra-tuf boots)

K9Owner
11-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Alaskan: You're hilarious!! :lol: I'm glad the breathing technique helped! I tried to find a good vid for you to follow, but I was unsuccessful!

LoveOfSelf: I am with you on visiting the forum! I don't think I would be as successful as I a without someone to talk to--even if it is online. I used to be a member of TOPS and that was a great encouragement.

PP: I'm so glad you are not sore today! I hope you were able to get some exercise in today ;)

AFM: I decided on getting a MacBook Pro to replace my once trustworthy Vaio. So far, I like it. It takes a little adjustment, but I'll do just fine on it. Hey, if anyone can get our hospitals med admin program, you can pretty much get any of them! :rofL:

K9Owner
11-30-2011, 10:47 PM
I had another fabulous day today :carrot:

Today's Damage Report
Pear, Apple, Raspberry Greek Yogurt, Egg Omelet: 331
1/2 Powerbar: 180
Tuna Garden Salad, Altered Ranch Dsg, Pumpkin Pie Coffee: 319
Zuzana's Triple Berry Pancakes, SoDelicious Vanilla: 790
Total: 1620

BodyRock + Ran a mile: 325
I also did a couple hours cleaning (vacuuming/mopping), and I took y K9s for a walk, but I didn't have my Polar on!

Tomorrow is shopping for new workout clothes at Kohl's! :carrot: 80% off on Nike Dry Fit! I hope they have a few things in my size!!

patchworkpenguin
11-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Wed Nov 30
L= Old Venice salad, 1/2 Chicken Rustica Panini, 1/2 breadstick
s= Pumpkin fluff, 2 squares
D= Sweet Pot cas, green bean cass, dressing, cornbread
S= 6+ today's cookies {had to bake more for tomorrow's luncheon}
E= none~ spent most of the day sitting on the heating pad again. I did start the sweater Im knitting for Hubby for Christmas!

Right- having a starter salad and stopping when full at lunch

Wrong= Eating as many cookies as I did yesterday

Regret= thinking "I deserve cookies because I'm hurting"

I'm going to go soak in the tub again...

jomatho
12-01-2011, 08:07 AM
One year ago today I began this journey.

One year ago today, I weighed 230# and I decided enough was enough and I got on my treadmill and ran 2 miles (veeeeerrrry slowly).

One year ago today, I had no idea what my plan was and how I was going to lose the weight, but I knew I had to do it.

One year ago today, if you had told me I would still be at it a year from then, I probably would have laughed in your face.

One year ago today, I still couldn't find anything in my closet I wanted to wear, but it was the opposite, everything was too snug, I hated that.

One year ago today, I got out of breath going the two flights from the basement to the upstairs carrying laundry, now I trot up while tightening my tush for a little extra burn.

There is so much more, but I think you get the picture.

It is pretty surreal to me that I have stuck to this for a year. Of course, I have had my ups and downs, but here I am still battling. I never would have dreamed it would take me this long to lose the weight. Honestly, by my calculations, I thought I would be done in the beginning of October and I think that has been the hardest part for me, but I just keep making the best decisions I can, and getting back up when I stumble.
My goal for the next year is to be able to say very similar things next year, but by next year I had better be at goal!!!!!
I will take some measurements today and post some of my stats to get them down in black and white and give me the little boost I need right now.

patchworkpenguin
12-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Jo, congratulations on all that you have accomplished in the past year! Great job!

alaskanlaughter
12-01-2011, 12:10 PM
congratulations Jo!!!

K9Owner
12-01-2011, 12:29 PM
I want to make a detailed, personalized post, but I am TOO SLEEPY :faint:
I think I will take a nap and try this day a little later. I am soooo NOT a morning person!

JO: I will send u an IM in a bit, but :hug: I acknowledge the struggle!! 1 yr later, you ARE glad you started a yr ago!!

runningfromfat
12-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Sorry I haven't checked in, in awhile! I just got back from a business trip that really was hard. I had to eat out with my work colleagues and sometimes we'd end up at restaurants without a single vegetable on the menu! :?: Thankfully, breakfasts and lunches were manageable and I could eat pretty on plan for those meals at least. For lunches I would eat a huge green salad+fish to try and compensate for the horrid dinners. The good news, though? After 3 days of this business trip AND a flight (that almost always makes me gain a few lbs due to water retention) I'm still 172lbs on the scale. :carrot: I'm really, really hoping that will translate into a loss in a few days. :crossed:

My waist has also been measuring a lot closer to 31.5 than 32" so I'll take that too. :D

Oh, and my parents are arriving tomorrow!!! :woohoo: We'll certainly be eating out more because of that but since they're visiting us we'll still be able to direct them towards healthy restaurants and we'll get extra child care=more swimming. I'd love to get out of the 170's by the end of this month, I have no clue if that's a realistic goal or not, but one can dream, right? ;)

ItsMyTurn
12-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Jo - TOM always wears me out the first couple days

Sorry I haven't checked in recently. I actually saw scale movement down on Saturday, then again Sunday. However, now that I am back to work, that scale will go back to a stagnant hold :lol: I am trying to catch up on the posts, Jo's is the one that stood out cause I went "That's me!"... I will catch up on personals later though :D Been super busy with kids, specialists, doctors, medicines, work, home, errands, etc... so really trying to fit everything in. Hugs to all!!!

Alaskan!!!! I haven't seen you in a few months!!! I will have to read through your posts and see how you are doing :) Great to have you!!!!

forloveofself
12-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Hello everyone,
Jo, you have come through much, congratulations.:carrot:

It is December 1st and last time I checked, a couple of days ago, I was 3lbs off target. I don't want it to be 4lbs.

I have always exrcised, all my life I've been fairly active and outdoorsy, even when I was very ill, and with the exception of my big belly, I'm fairly muscular, so it's not for lack of exercise. I cannot do a lot of the things I used (far too may surgeries) to but I know I'm no sloth.

I hope when I weigh myself on Saturday, there will be movement of that needle in my favour. I have an electronic scale, but dislike it, mainly because of all the other non weight numbers. I've had my BMI professionally checked, and even at my highest wt, I was in the overweight not obese.

My first goal weight, even thought it is about 12 lbs off from the "insurance chart normal" is where I was at my happiest.

Reminding myself that I haven't been doing this for very long and to be patient with myself (and the scale :))

I feel pretty good today, I had a good day on plan yesterday, and so far so good now.
Tried to sleep in this morning because last night was not as restful as I would have liked (not uncommom to have a couple of bad nights even on melatonin)

Breakfast: macchiato coffee,
Lunch: one eg cheese omlette (in the moode for ommlettes I suppose) toast,
cheesy pasta and green beans.
Dinner? Last night I substituted baked squash for the pasta, glad I did. Will do the same tonight, along with baked chicken breast .
Snack: greek strawberry yogurt or banana shake

Wishing everyone good results.

geoblewis
12-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Okay, I think I need to join all of you. Weight loss for me is slow as molasses in winter (mmmmmmm, molasses!) I too have lived through the world's longest plateau. And right when I think I've figured it out (as evidenced by a brief but stellar drop in weight), my body puts the breaks on the whole thing and does it's very best to take it all back.

I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!!!

So, this is what I'm doing now, and why...

1. Paleolithic Diet - I try to avoid all grains, legumes, dairy, sugar and processed foods. I try not eat out too. When I stick to the Paleo Diet, I feel really good. I'm a type 2 diabetic, PCOS, 50 and menopausal and have food sensitivities, so taking on this diet has helped me feel a lot better. I sleep better (when I sleep), I have more energy, no more brain fog, and my cravings have greatly diminished. When I venture off this discipline, I fall right back to feeling like crap. And then everyone around me hates me! I had to get rid of everything in my house that doesn't support this way of eating, because I can't rely on my willpower to make it happen. But I can rely on my natural laziness to keep me from going to get burgers, potatoes, sweets and fried food.

2. I eat a minimum of 25 gm of fiber a day, drink lots of water and I take magnesium. Keeps things moving on through!

3. Intermittent Fasting - The Paleo Diet is about how I feel, but I didn't lose any weight doing it alone. With IF, I can stick to eating only when I'm hungry. I had a really good look at when I was actually hungry, and it's always between 1 pm and 9 pm. So I eat only during that eight-hour window. It helped me to cut calories at first, and I dropped around 15 lbs. fairly quickly. But when I'm not on top of this eating pattern, I tend to overeat more and the weight loss slows waaaaaayyyyy down. Or goes the other way.

4. I do Pilates, five days a week. I love it! It makes me feel really good. I don't lose weight with Pilates, but my joints are working better, I'm moving around better, and this keeps my mental state in a very positive place.

5. I participate in EBT (Emotional Brain Training) - This is a method of working through strong emotions to help me find joy and peace more easily. When I work the steps, I feel great! When I don't, I get caught up in the stress of daily life and I start eating to numb the hard stuff.

6. Good sleep hygiene - I have sleep apnea and have to use a CPAP to get a good night's sleep. When I don't sleep well, I am sluggish all day and I eat for energy in order to stay awake. Before I was tested for the apnea, I ate all the time! Very shortly after I started sleeping better with the CPAP, I stopped gaining weight because I just stopped eating so much. So I try to stay on top of adequate regular sleep. It's really my first defense in the weight loss gain.

7. I divorced myself from all the toxic people in my life and got new, supportive friends - Oh my lord! This was like the best thing I ever did for myself. The toxic people are really angry with me. I've even had to put blocks on phone numbers. But that's okay. I'm much happier now, less stressed, and overeating much less. MUCH less. 95% of the people I am in contact with on a regular basis are there to support my mental, emotional and physical health goals.

8. I am factoring my calorie intake according to my goal weight RMR - I'm a tall woman, 5'11". I currently weigh 296 lbs. According to an online calculator, my RMR for a sedentary activity level is 2449 calories. When I subtract 500 calories from that, 1949 calories, I still gain weight at that caloric intake. My goal weight is 173 lbs. The RMR for that is 1807 calories. That's about the caloric intake at which I maintain my current weight. So, I set a daily caloric range for myself. I keep calories below 1807 everyday, but actually shoot for 1307 calories a day. At that level, I actually do lose weight. There are still a few days I eat more than 1807 calories. But if I mostly stick to my plan, the weight comes off. Still very, very, VERY slowly, but I'm moving in the right direction.

So that's the plan for now. I have ADD too, so I am constantly tweaking and changing up things. Who knows what I'll do next week. When I lose focus, I take a day to do a water fast (helps me clean out the crap) and then go back to this plan. I seem to be able to stick to it for about four days before things start falling apart again. I get bored, I want to eat other stuff, my kids want burgers or spaghetti, I have cocktails with friends and fall into a platter of appetizers face first...I am my own worst enemy!

Good to find you all here. Looking forward to getting to know you.

forloveofself
12-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Welcome geoblewis!

I divorced myself from all the toxic people in my life and got new, supportive friends - Oh my lord! This was like the best thing I ever did for myself.
Me too, still working on that.

K9Owner
12-01-2011, 08:12 PM
RFF: We used to eat out all the time--at least 3-5x/week. In April, I knew I had to give that up if I wanted to be successful on this journey. I still miss going out to eat. I really hate cooking every single day!

Hi Star :) Glad to see you. Hope you have an awesome weekend planned.

LoveofSelf: Did you start in November or did you just join 3FC in November? How long have you been on your weight loss journey?

Geoblewis: :welcome2: That takes much willpower to do the Paleo Plan. I don't know if I am disciplined enough for that. It's unfortunate that so many of us seem to lose soooo slowly, but at least we can learn together. It sounds as if you know yourself very well. I had to :lol: about #7. Yeah, toxic people pretty much SUCK!

AFM: I have pretty much been in non-productive mode all day. I HATE that! I did manage to do laundry and get 2 large bags of clothes together for Goodwill. I have to get to the market tomorrow and Saturday is the BIG Marathon race in the city. I missed the deadline for signing up for the Memphis Grizzly House 5K--they were sold out! My nursing friend told me I could join their team and run the 1/2 (13.1 miles) :rofl: IS she SERIOUS??? A 10K maybe, but I'm not prepared for a 1/2 atm!
I am going to see some friends race. I love the energy and atmosphere!

Today's Menu
FF Cheese Omelet, Mandarin Oranges, Ezekiel Bread w/1 tsp Sunbutter & 1 tsp Agave, Coffee: 395
Homemade Cornbread and Turkey Lentil Soup :drool: , Zucchini Nut Bread, Frozen Raspberries: ~681
Total: 1076

I ate lunch at 3:30p.m.. So, I am really not hungry atm. I may eat another bowl of stew later without the cornbread. I really just want to go back to bed! WTH?? TOM is gone and now I'm cranky and tired! It started off as a ravenous day, but when I napped, the cravings went away! Go Figure!!

I didn't even exercise today. That is more than likely the reason I am so sluggish!

forloveofself
12-01-2011, 08:36 PM
K9O, I started counting calories in early October and lost the first 10lbs before I came across 3FC when I did a search on calorie requirements. I lurked for nearly two weeks before posting.
Funny about sorting for Goodwill, I'm always weeding out things, whether clothing or other things for Hospice or other charity shops. I like to be organized even when other aspects of life are chaos! :)

patchworkpenguin
12-02-2011, 12:28 AM
Thurs Dec 1
B= 2 c milk, vits, toast/straw jam
L= Potluck luncheon, 2 sausage rolls. Itailan bread with pizza sauce/cheese dip, 2 crackers with chicken salad, strawberry cake
S= too many cookies {15?}
D= chili, cornbread
S= ice cream
S=cheese and craackers SIGH
E= none

Right= I had a good breakfast and sensible lunch for a potluck.

Wrong= Eating 'too many cookies' and not really fighting the urge

Regret= not fighting the urge, having ice cream later, then cheese/crackers

Geoblewis, welcome, glad to have you join us.

MyTurn, good job on the weightloss.

Running, have a nice visit with your parents.

K9Owner
12-02-2011, 12:52 AM
PP: :hug: Sounds like a lot of overly processed simple carbs today for you. Strive to make better choices tomorrow!

runningfromfat
12-02-2011, 06:46 AM
I lost a pound!!! After over a month long stall!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

The best part? TOM isn't set to show up for a long time so here's hoping there are more to follow. :D I so want to be out of the 170's soon...

patchworkpenguin- :hug: Sounds like a rough day but the good thing? You can always get on right back track the next day. Hang in there, we've all had days like that.

K9Owner- I'm funny, I actually enjoy cooking quite a bit so I think business trips annoy me that much more because I really feel stuck in food choices that I don't want to make. I actually feel so relieved to be back home now and back in my own kitchen. :lol:

geoblewis- Welcome! Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll see the results soon. ;)

forloveofself- good luck on the scale tomorrow!

ItsMyTurn- Good luck with everything going on for you! Congrats on the drop even if you saw a stall afterwards.

forloveofself
12-02-2011, 07:22 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
running Congratulations on weight loss, and thanks!
Todays plan:
Breakfast- macchiato coffee, a scrambled egg, 1 wheat cinnamon toast
Lunch- squash, cornbeef, green salad
Dinner- Not sure; maybe oatmeal and fruit or green salad & will try to add protien
Snacks- black cherry greek yogurt/banana shake
Have a great journey everyone!

K9Owner
12-02-2011, 10:49 AM
GM All :wave:

Please join us on the new Take 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/248065-slow-dancing-stranger-take-2-a.html#post4126278) thread!!