Old 11-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #1  

Default What supplements do you take?

And how many? If you use a non-MRC equivalent, please share as well. I'm curious because from reading the November thread, it seems that different people take different amounts.

Before I started, I decided to take only the required supplements. I ended up adding MSM because I bought a starter pack that included another supplement that I wasn't interested in at a discount and they let me substitute another one.

So I take:
MSM (6 per day)
Krill (2 per day)
Multivitamin (2 per day)

All are MRC products. They tried to talk me into buying the fat/carb blocker today because I am going off program Wednesday-Saturday but I didn't........and now I'm considering it! Oh, I also take some Equate brand fiber supplements when I remember.
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bighog View Post
And how many? If you use a non-MRC equivalent, please share as well. I'm curious because from reading the November thread, it seems that different people take different amounts.

Before I started, I decided to take only the required supplements. I ended up adding MSM because I bought a starter pack that included another supplement that I wasn't interested in at a discount and they let me substitute another one.

So I take:
MSM (6 per day)
Krill (2 per day)
Multivitamin (2 per day)

All are MRC products. They tried to talk me into buying the fat/carb blocker today because I am going off program Wednesday-Saturday but I didn't........and now I'm considering it! Oh, I also take some Equate brand fiber supplements when I remember.

I just noticed this message.. Before Maintenance, I took MRC-6, Cortitrim, and Fat and Carb Blocker. I refused to take anything else they were pushing..
I swear by the Fat and Carb Blocker. I take it every time I eat out, even if I am OP , as one never knows how food is prepared. I take other minerals and vitamins and herbs, but I was taking them way before MRC, and don't buy any of that from center, just the ones I mentioned.

Hope this helps you some.
Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'1"

I take a lot, and it's to avoid Rx drugs. My DR. knows and approves.

D3/Calcium/Magnesium - Bone support
Multi
Lecithin/Niacin/Fish Oil - cholesterol
Bee Pollen for extra nutrients and potassium
CoQ10 for my heart
Baby aspirin to keep my blood thinner since I have high cholesterol
Glucosamine for my joints for arthritis
N-Acetyl Cysteine - A super antioxidant amino acid
Ursula745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
I swear by the Fat and Carb Blocker. I take it every time I eat out, even if I am OP , as one never knows how food is prepared.
What is the F&C blocker supposed to do to me? I mean, I know it's supposed to block 55% of f&c that I might consume off program, but shouldn't something happen to me? I did end up buying a bottle for Thanksgiving week/traveling and I expected diarrhea or something (how else was the blocked f&c supposed to leave my body?) but got nothing. In fact, was a little constipated.

I did eat like a horse and only gained 1 or 2 pounds.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/152/150

Height: 5' 7"

When I was OP, I took the following ..

MRC-6 (6 daily)
Enhancer (4 daily)
Fish oil 1200mg (6 daily)
Multi Vitamin (1 daily)
HNS (3-4 daily)

I have been on maintaince since June and take only fish oil and a multi vitamin.
LisaK190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #6  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bighog View Post
What is the F&C blocker supposed to do to me? I mean, I know it's supposed to block 55% of f&c that I might consume off program, but shouldn't something happen to me? I did end up buying a bottle for Thanksgiving week/traveling and I expected diarrhea or something (how else was the blocked f&c supposed to leave my body?) but got nothing. In fact, was a little constipated.

I did eat like a horse and only gained 1 or 2 pounds.
Apparently, you are suppose to have a bowel movement within 12 hours of the meal??? Idk...when people say it works for sure, I am with you...HOW DO YOU KNOW for sure?!? I have heard that it can constipate you if it isn't taken with enough water.
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post
Apparently, you are suppose to have a bowel movement within 12 hours of the meal??? Idk...when people say it works for sure, I am with you...HOW DO YOU KNOW for sure?!? I have heard that it can constipate you if it isn't taken with enough water.
I'll be sure to ask my counselor, but I thought surely I'd poop! I did get my 64 oz in on Wednesday & Thursday, but slacked Friday (and Saturday, but on purpose because of the 9 hour car ride.)

But seriously, when nothing happened with the first two pills, I made a mental note. Then nothing with the 2nd two pills (the next day), I got a little worried. Nothing more with the 3rd set of two pills (the 3rd day), and I was afraid to leave the house!

Last edited by 1bighog; 11-27-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/240/150

Height: 5'2"

It doesn't work like Alli. I'm not sure how it blocks fat & carbs but have taken it many times and it has worked It is suppose to stop body from absorping f&c.

Last edited by rn5192008; 11-28-2011 at 03:26 AM. Reason: forgot something
rn5192008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn5192008 View Post
It doesn't work like Alli. I'm not sure how it blocks fat & carbs but have taken it many times and it has worked It is suppose to stop body from absorping f&c.
Ah, that's what I was expecting...side effects like Alli.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

I take my own multi vitamin and omega-3 blend - both which are designed with women's needs. I think the omega-3's are great for your skin in addition to being good for your heart. I hadn't planned on purchasing any supplements from MRC, but got talked into it on Saturday (weak moment I guess!). I have been on plan for just over 2 weeks and lost 4.5 pounds so I will be curious to see if the addition of phentatrim, MRC6 and Cortitrim will have any noticeable effect on my weight loss.
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

The ones I take that I buy from MRC are: MRC-6, Phentratrim, Corti-Trim, and F&C Blocker (as needed).

The ones I take that I don't buy from MRC are: B6, Flaxseed Oil, MSM, and a Multi-Vitamin.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #12  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
The ones I take that I buy from MRC are: MRC-6, Phentratrim, Corti-Trim, and F&C Blocker (as needed).

The ones I take that I don't buy from MRC are: B6, Flaxseed Oil, MSM, and a Multi-Vitamin.
hi, Jen, i just read your other message re: menus and tried to send you a private message...it said you can't receive them. Private message me and see if it goes through. what in the world is going on. we have really missed you!!! and congratulations on your incredible success!!!! :-)
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #13  
Roller Derby Diva

S/C/G: 234/221/180

Height: 5'7"

I know this is a really old thread, but its a great question & I wanted to bump it up! If you aren't buying your supplements from MRC, where are you buying them?

I'm completely new & they basically forced the multivitamin & the oil down my throat (I split my payment for the program in 2, and instead of JUST paying for the program, they gave me the vitamin & oil pills for women & just added it on to what I would pay later - which they didn't tell me - sorry, got sidetracked)

Anyway, they keep asking if I want to try MR6 or F&C blocker every time i go in, but i figure I'll stick to the original ones they gave me for a month & see how my weight disappears with those, then if I need them, I may look into a different kind of supplement.

what are you taking?
Breasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 347/301/200

Height: 5'5"

I've tried MRC-6, Enhancer, and All Day Weight Loss and really can't tell a difference with any of them. I'm just as successful on my own. I believe in the Fat & Carb blocker, but not for everyday. I'm trying CortiTrim now because I've lost almost 50lbs and still wear the same size pants! Tomorrow should be a measurement day so I'll get to see if it's helping me lose around my midsection.
ali gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Hey, Ali -

I take MRC-6, ADWL, and Corti Trim - the CT does seem like it helps with the inches lost for me. And the MRC-6 seems to help curb my appetite. I think that was my difficulty was feeling like I had to eat all the time before the program.

I also do the Fat and Carb Blocker when I eat out. It's okay - but I noticed it doesn't seem as effective as it was when I first started it. Now, I'm trying to stay OP and see if my resistance to it goes away...

I also do the vitamin, B6, B12 and oil...
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote