Simply Filling/Core - weekly chat: core/simply filling nov 21st-27th

ems81wales
11-21-2011, 07:24 AM
welcome to a new week ladies

Thanks Maryann, Sandra and Pam i lost another 2lbs so only 1 more and im bck at goal hehe

I am going in for my op tomorrow they had a cancellation and told me today i can go in tomorrow im so scared but least it is being done il let you know how it goes when i can. Take care and have a good week xxx

ems81wales
11-21-2011, 07:25 AM
ps forgot to say lastweek i tried simply filling for first time in ages and lost 2lb xxx

beach bum
11-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Sorry I wasn't on the new thread yesterday I was busy packing and now I'm going to take care of the last minute thingy before I leave.

EMS-Thanks for the new pages,you're really our weight lose queen. I getting there but it so hard to get out of the 160's especially with the holidays coming up.

SANDRA- I'm leaving tomorrow at 5AM its going to be a long long trip going to be at my DD at 4pm as I'm spacing my bus & trains to be able it walk at a snails pace,due to my bad hip.

VICKIE-Thanks,I happy to to know that my lungs & heart of fine, & its just my tummy fat is is causing my breathing problems.

Wishing your all a wonderful Thanksgiving and I"ll be back a Week from Wednesday

Tejas
11-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the new pages, Ems, and good luck tomorrow. Great picture, by the way.

Have a good trip Maryann.

ontarget
11-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Ems, thank you for letting us know about your operation tomorrow. We'll be there with you in spirit. Congrats again for the great loss. You're doing amazingly well. :cheer:

Maryann, have a fun, safe trip. Don't let yourself get fatigued. Chug that water and eat healthy while traveling.

A young gf of ours is meeting us Wed for a mock tournament. Should be fun. I met her while subbing. She's a fantastic young lady. It's going to be fun watching her grow in archery.

Life is good.

jojo23
11-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Hello everyone, I'm still on my diet. But I don't know how. This is what is happening in my life.

1. We are house hunting, here there and everywhere.
2. Mark has been down with a chest infection that they queried was something more serious for a while.
3.We have moved my mum to a unit where she will receive more nursing care than in a home. She will be 92 in January
4. We are in the process of moving my in laws to a new core and cluster bungalow where they will have medical support. Both are in their 90's sharp as tacks but want to move while they are I quote, 'both young' They have been in their 5 bedroom house for over 60 years so you can imagine the nightmare of decorating, de-cluttering and generally downsizing. They are moving to a small 2 bedroom bungalow in a community. We have at long last got them to keep the sentimental things, sell all the rest and buy smaller new furniture for their smaller home. However, everytime I go there they have decided something else is sentimental and they don't want to part with it... A chaise long for goodness sake:dizzy:. Anyway will talk to you all again probably after Christmas. Take care

ontarget
11-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Good to see you, JoJo. You've really had a lot going on. I'm glad Mark is all right. Sounds like your mom and in-laws are keeping you busy. Congrats on being op.

I made Core spaghetti today. Just looked on the spaghetti pkg and went into shock. 41 carbs per serving! Life goes on.

Tejas
11-22-2011, 01:34 PM
I just had some carbs myself, Sandra. I made pancakes from a gluten-free mix. I was surprised that they were so good. I'm trying to reduce the gluten to see if makes a difference to my joints, as some claim being gluten-free does for them.

Jojo, what a time it is for you now. Thanks for checking in and good luck. Have a good Christmas--we'll miss you!

pam920
11-22-2011, 08:20 PM
I guess I missed wishing Maryann a good visit with her family.

ems, you look fantastic. I want to look like that when I grow up. Great job.

jojo, you have such a great sense of humor telling your stories. I hate to see what I'll do if I ever have to get rid of my sentimental things, lol. Take care. Did you sell your place?

Sandra, I usually have spaghetti squash in place of real pasta. It's really good and I prefer it.

Rhonda, you seem to be pretty busy lately. Pancakes sound yummy.

I finished my sunburst mirror but haven't hung it yet. I'll take pics when I do. I'm going to stencil my one wall in my bedroom and will hang it over the bed. Might start on the stencil tomorrow.

I have my dinner bought and will cook us a turkey breast and only 1 bag of stuffing. I usually make 4 bags, with the family, but with only 2 of us, we won't even finish the one bag.

Taping Biggest Loser and will watch it later. Have a good evening.

nancy237
11-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Having a good week with all the kids around and lots of progress on the house.
Just ordered a gas log set today that should be in before Christmas.

Ems..thinking of you !!!:hug:

Not worrying about my strict diet this week but trying to make good choices..
Next week I will return to what I was doing.

My joints have felt great on this diet but today after bread & potatoes & dressing my joints are hurting..A definite correlation ...

ontarget
11-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Rhonda, I hope gluten-free helps. Now I'm hungry for pancakes. :eat:

Pam, I used to eat spaghetti squash but it's been a few years since. I got spoiled to whole wheat spaghetti on CORE. Now I need to go back to the squash.

Nancy, I'm waiting till after this week to get serious, too. I'm thinking I'll be tired of eating by Monday. :lol:

Just finished watching Biggest Loser. Last night Mike & Molly was a good weightloss episode. BL is having a special tomorrow night, too. Maybe I'll get the message.

Tejas
11-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Whoa! Getting started on the eating too much :lol: We went out for Mexican food. I had TWO margaritas. But, remember, Sloan used to tell us they didn't have any calories if you were having fun when you drank them :rofl:

nancy237
11-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Whoa! Getting started on the eating too much :lol: We went out for Mexican food. I had TWO margaritas. But, remember, Sloan used to tell us they didn't have any calories if you were having fun when you drank them :rofl:

That is right and even if the first one did have calories, the second one you had would have canceled the first one out ...

I miss Sloanie..

Tejas
11-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Oh yeah, there's that cancelling out thing too! ;)

Vickie
11-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, to the Chicks in the United States!!!!!

I'm feeling better after a short bought with the flu...some kind of bug. I'm going to eat reasonably today and try to get back on program. I may even weight myself on Sunday morning.

Finally, the bathroom project is starting on Tuesday. I'm stressed and excited at the same time. Everything has to be moved out of the master bath. And....I'll need to get everything out of the master bedroom that I'll need for two weeks since it will be too dusty/dirty with my allergies to stay in there. So.....busy weekend coming up.

I'm thankful for your support and encouragement throughout the years. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

ontarget
11-24-2011, 01:15 PM
:thanks2: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

I am also thankful for each of you. I hope you're all having the day you're wanting. I love you.

Vickie, I'm glad you're over the flu before today. That would have been a bummer.

Rhonda and Nancy, we had Mexican food yesterday, too. No margaritas, though. We had a high school girl with us. Now I'm wanting a margarita. Or 2!

pam920
11-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for all of you and your support throughout the year.

We are done with dinner. We eat early and then again later today. Just the two of us, so lots of leftovers. I put everything in fridge and hubby said he will load the dishwasher after the football game. After we ate, I got so short of breath and a wave of fatique took over. I'm resting and taking it easy. Feeling a little better. I didn't overeat, lol. I only had one plate and didn't overfill it.

ontarget
11-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Pam, go to the doctor tomorrow, please.

Tejas
11-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Umm, what good food and company we had today. I hope all you turkey (or facsmilie) eaters had a good day too. :hungry:

Pam! Whoa there. That doesn't sound too good. Go to the doctor, like Sandra says.

Vickie
11-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

I'm about to go out and get a free bag of dog food today and maybe look at some christmas ornaments and lights. The rest of the weekend will be spent preparing for the bath remodel.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Any good bargains today?

nancy237
11-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Good Morning Chicks!

I'm about to go out and get a free bag of dog food today and maybe look at some christmas ornaments and lights. The rest of the weekend will be spent preparing for the bath remodel.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Any good bargains today?

Guess what I am doing today & tomorrow...buying tile,grout,mortar, ect..
Its wild how we are doing the same thing..Does your remodel start Monday?

ontarget
11-25-2011, 03:01 PM
I don't envy you chicks doing remodeling--I am happy for you at the same time. Your bathrooms will be gorgeous.

I'm back OP today. Was going to wait till Monday but decided today's a good day. We have a family lunch to celebrate Thanksgiving at Babe's tomorrow. Smoked chicken sounds good to me. Wish me luck. This is an awesome family style restaurant with lots of good high carb goodies. I could use a few blinks.

Vickie
11-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Mine starts Tuesday, Nancy. Demo will probably last through Wednesday. Ugh. I'm ready for it to be over and it hasn't even started yet. At least I have all the decision made. We are even having it painted the same color it is now. I also have all the decorative stuff purchased already too. Just need them to come in, do the work and get out. I'm not putting the tree up until they are done with demo dust.....whenever that is!

ontarget
11-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Vickie, sounds like you have good plans.

nancy237
11-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Vickie, You are so far ahead of me ..
I have decided on the main tile, but I have to decide tomorrow on the accent tile. I think I know the paint but I will do that when everything else is done.

Everything is ripped out in that bath except the toilet and that leaves the master bath and a 1/2 bath right now. My oldest son was using that toilet anyway because he said it was always available. Just shows that men really don't care about the decor do they. haha

I think I have a dog. A friend found a lost dog and I was just going to take care of him and find him a good home. But he is winning me over.. He needs a name if anyone has any ideas..We like Zeus, Tucker & Mojo.
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/tarheel237/390115_2368458768692_1167145122_32272147_386846622 _n.jpg

ontarget
11-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Cute dog!

Tejas
11-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Mojo! Animals like 2 syllable names that end in a vowel (really!).

I had a good day with visiting niece and her sister and mother.

It's also our 5th wedding anniversary. We went to Outback for dinner and I was realatively restrained in my eating.

Good luck tomorrow Sandra. Babe's can be torture if you're watching carbs!!

ontarget
11-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Mojo's cute! Happy Anniversary, Cuz!

I'm almost dressed for lunch. Hope you're all having a good day. I'll be back later.

Tejas
11-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Thank you, Sandra.

Brrrr, we have a chilly, wet, windy day here. The good thing about that is I have no desire to rake and bag leaves. I've run all of my errands, have housework to do, have laryngitis, and am going back to bed!
:yawn:

ontarget
11-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Rhonda, I hope you're feeling better. Just looked out the kitchen window and saw 4 bluebirds in and around the house above the front bed. We're wondering if there are little ones inside. Seems awfully cold for that. Brrrrrrrr is right.

Earlier today we had a wonderful time with family at Babe's. I already knew the menu but checked it online anyway. I knew what I was going to have before we got there--and I stuck to my plan. Now is that amazing or what! I am either really good or really bad. Don't seem to have any inbetween habits.

nancy237
11-26-2011, 06:02 PM
We decided on Tucker for a name for the dog...Everyone likes it and it seems to fit him..My daughter said MoJo is sometimes used by kids today with sexual connotations, but I have never heard it used that way.

2 kids have returned home today to Ca & Boone,NC. One will leave tomorrow.

Its been great having a full house. We went through some of Robin's stuff today that I am gving the girls. That went great and I think waiting til now when it wasn't quite so soon & fresh was a very smart move.

I am having a few more left overs tomorrow and then plan to start Monday with a clean frig stocked only with my Low Carb foods.
I am working on a notebook tonoght with recipes & food list to help me plan.
I think right now I am going to plan & shop for 2 days at a time and then stretch that to 3 or 4.

I am selecting tile tomorrow & hoping to get a long list of ToDo's done this week.

I really wish I could find a career I am excited about. The Speech Therapy was a long time ago and is okay but it's something I am not passionate about.
I have the time now to pour my time & energy into a job/passion..Travel would be fun and easy now without kids at home.
I am praying for direction in a career that would fit me. In the next few months I need to start something so I don't spend savings..I can do Speech if I need to while I am exploring other ideas..

I have always loved animals and had a knack with them, but I don't know how I could make money with that ...

ontarget
11-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Nancy, Tucker sounds good. Here in Texas Mojo usually means a good luck omen. There's a football team in West Texas that advertises its "Mojo Magic." Tucker sounds cute, though. Have you thought of being a vacation writer or something like that?

nancy237
11-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Nancy, Tucker sounds good. Here in Texas Mojo usually means a good luck omen. There's a football team in West Texas that advertises its "Mojo Magic." Tucker sounds cute, though. Have you thought of being a vacation writer or something like that?

I don't know what a vacation writer does really but I am looking it up now..

ontarget
11-26-2011, 07:55 PM
I just googled it, too. Looks like a lot of possibilities. You're a good writer.

Tejas
11-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Mojo actually did have early sexual innuendo, but Tucker is a male dog, right?! :lol:

ontarget
11-26-2011, 09:45 PM
:lol: :cp:

pam920
11-26-2011, 11:24 PM
I like the name Tucker and looks like it suits him. Very handsome doggie.

I went shopping today. Picked up a few things from Joann Fabric and Hobby Lobby for a few projects I'm working on.

Nancy and Vickie, good luck with the bathroom remodels. We did ours last winter and it took us forever, or at least it seemed like it did. It was quite a job but I'm loving it now.

Sandra, you did good. Better than I did today. Lets just say I had a date with 5 Guys, lol.

Rhonda, Happy Anniversary. Outback, yummy. Love that place.

Tejas
11-27-2011, 01:45 PM
whew...just finished hosting breakfast for 13 people about an hour ago. I'm going back to bed!!!

ontarget
11-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Just got home from church and lunch. I did well and am patting myself on the back. :lol: This is 3 days in a row I've been OP. Who'da thunk it?

nancy237
11-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Spent til 3 with my son before he left to return to school. Then I had 2 hours before the tile shop closed to pick out everything for my bath tile job.
Tile,accent tile,grout,mortar,corner shelves,soap dish,adhesive ,tile sealer,backerboard,screws,backerboard tape.
That is the way to go. No time to over analyze anything. I already knew the look I was after which helped. The lady was excellent at helping me and i was done by 5 when they closed. I chose a Travertine that was a bit more than another I liked but I think it will appeal to buyers..
When its done i will post a before & after picture.

If this guy doesn't show up tomorrow I am going to jump in there and do it myself...:p

I just went through my kitchen and threw out all the stuff I shouldn't eat.
I really need a set night I plan & shop for groceries..Or 2 nights so I have fresh veggies.. Do most of you shop when needed or on set days..??
Maybe I just need to plan 3-4 days and shop and then repeat (and not worry about which day it is) Then if I eat out or stretch my food another day I can go a day longer.

ontarget
11-27-2011, 07:26 PM
I shop when needed. I find I don't "need" to go as often now that I don't get Peanut M&M's to eat on the way home. :lol:

nancy237
11-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Ems...let us know how you are doing

ontarget
11-28-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm subbing 8th Grade History classes today. Great kids! I'm OP, too! Life is good.

Ems? How are you?