Old 11-20-2011, 10:38 PM   #1  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

Talking Starting Over

My name is Sarah, tomorrow I will turn 25 and as of this moment I am starting over with my weight loss goals. I am starting over, setting goals for my weight and clothing size. I am setting out to quit smoking, to start and keep a beauty regimen, and to improve my sense of self worth.

A little background: I work full time for a bank, in a collections department and go to ASU full time, studying Sociology. I love school and I love sociology, I can't get enough of it. I have a boyfriend of almost 3 years and we live together. Between a full time job and full time classes, my life is pretty much just that, work and school. I am a goofy, kind person. I love comedy, watching documentaries, all things girly, animals, sewing, singing, I like to dance but don't do much of it, and I have big, big dreams!

Currently I do not know what I weigh, my scale suddenly stopped working and new batteries did not fix the problem, but I would guess I weigh about 315 lbs. I am 5'7" tall, I wear a size 24 and I feel horrible all the time. My skin is showing signs of damage from poor eating habits, smoking and insufficient water intake. I have lost weight before, many times before, Summer of 2010 I lost almost 50 pounds in about 2.5 months. I was not doing anything crazy, just reducing calories and picking up the pace at my very physical job. I know I can lose the weight, and its time to. I do not want to turn 26 feeling 76 and looking 20 years older than I am.

I have bought smoking cessation patches and will start my journey to quit smoking tomorrow morning.

I have just pre-cooked meals for about a week, so that I do not have to rush and resort to eating out any longer.

I still need to work out a beauty regimen, and make time to keep it up.

I have stored a case of water under my desk at work as we do not have filtered water to refill reusable water bottles in my office.

I have an exercise plan.

I know what works for me and what does not, I know the science of weight loss (3500 cals to gain or lose a pound, interval cardio works wonders, water, water, water... you fill in the blank) I have even taken nutrition classes at school and understand fully what the human body truly needs. Now it is time for me to put this all into practice.

As for improving my sense of self worth... there I am lost. This will likely take a lot more work that weight loss.

Wish me luck ladies, I am happy to be back on the wagon, and happy to back at 3FC.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Quarter of a century-- woohoo!
And it sounds like you have all the tools and the know how!!
I wish you the best of luck You can do it!

P.S -- I am a hop, skip, and a jump from you.. I'm in QC and hoping to transfer to ASU next year :-)
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #3  
A broad on a mission

S/C/G: sz20/14/8

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi Sarah Happy Birthday!! Good for you for making the right choice! I look forward to hearing about your progress Never give up!
aBroadAbroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

First of all, congrats on taking the first step. It really sounds like you're committed to making a lifestyle change! That's a lot of stuff to take on all at once, but you can do it!

I also have trouble with trying to keep up beauty regimens... I'm not naturally 'girly' and all the stuff that all the other girls seem to know about, I'm clueless about! It gets rough sometimes.

Good luck on your journey
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #5  
Never Give Up

S/C/G: 183/162/130

Height: 5'8"

Happy Birthday! Good Luck !!!!
ToriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Welcome back!!! We're here to support you the whole way!
Good luck!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Height: 5' 6"

Happy birthday!! You can do this!!
4theloveof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #8  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Sarah, love! You know you have my full support as we've had each other's back for the last year almost!! You did it before and I watched you be successful. You were my inspiration last Summer and I know you can make it happen.

I'm trying to jump on the quitting smoking train too so at least we can relate on one other subject. I am going to the 24 over on Baseline so if you happen to have a membership and need a buddy, let me know, OR if you just need someone to tell your @ss to get up and goo!!

Good luck, love!
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote