Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 09:04 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Tuesday, February 11th

Good Morning,

Ahhhhhh the boss is out today

I'm just headed for my next cup of coffee, I'll be back in a few.

Love, Leenie
Old 02-11-2003, 09:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good morning gang!

I got up this morning and got my exercise done. Always makes me feel better. Honestly yesterday was a bad day - I ate everything in sight and I was just way off track - that's what happens when I miss my morning work out. Of course, the pms has a little to do with me eating everything in sight. But I am always better if I get that workout in first - its like I try harder to stay on program during the day because I don't want to waste it - know what I mean?

It is beautiful here today and I am sooooooo glad! The sun is shining and it is about 40, but will get up to 60. I don't care what the temperature is just so long as the sun is shining.

I hope everybody checks in even if it is just a quick hello, it's always good to see a message from everybody.

I will check back later and read the posts!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 02-11-2003, 11:40 AM   #3  

Default I'm here I'm here

Good morning ladies,

Ugh.. hard time walking up this morning. Some days , I need a coffee IV, ya know? Got up and did my step tape this morning at 5. I did NOT want to get out of bed grrrrr. Cathy, I agree with you on the tie between eating well and exercising. I find on the days I don't exercise, I am a lot more prone to slips and overeating. Good reason to do something physical seven days a week.

Leens, bring me back another cup.. an iced mocha pls. You know the recipe

Saw Cin in chat last nite real briefly. No one else showed up, at least not as long as I was there. I went to bed sort of early so I may have missed people.

Just working away here. Today is equipment disputes, leasing buyouts and assorted fires. I love my job, i love my job i love my job...... Its quiet here today, which I prefer. Hard to concentrate when people are yapping all over and phones are up LOUD!! It's going.

How many days til the weekend.. 3.5? ugh..

Hope everyone else is well and has a chance to post.
Old 02-11-2003, 03:07 PM   #4  

Hey girls!

I have been out b/c I got some sort of bug. I was sleeping all weekend long and I still don't feel right. To make matters worse I called my doc Thursday to get them to refill my Effexor and they didn't do it. I was off it until yesterday whne I called the officed again and begged the girl to get them to refill it. I could tell that I wasn't taking it. I think some of it may have done with the fact that I didn't feel good but I would cry at the drop of a hat again. I havn't been that way in awhile. Anyway at least I got the refill and I am back on it. I hope I wasn't off it to long and I have to start all over again.

Can't really say that much has gone on b/c i was alseep through every thing. I felt terrible for hubby b/c he left for Houston SUnday and I couldn't spent any time with him before he left. The only time I really saw him was when he would come to check on me.

I might be leaving work today so I will check back in with you guys later.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:24 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Kem, I hope your feeling better soon, be careful with the meds okay !!

Huggs !!!!!

Sweet how are you feeling today ?

Cathy you and LindaT just make me proud with all the exercise you guys do..... its really spirit lifting, thanks.

All you other AWOL's hope to see you soon....hope you are all okay and happy.

Love, Leenie

Linny, my dear send me one of those biscotti's pleaseeeeeeeeee.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:19 PM   #6  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

Hello I'm back. Finally got my computer working properly it's been a real pain. I have so missed you guys and the contact. I did a big post this morning and then managed to lose it all. I've finally managed to get back on. I'm also thrilled to get the chat working now.

Are any of you ladies regularly in the chat rooms? Please let me know when I'll have to try to work out the time difference. It's currently Wed 2.15pm here. Can anyone help me with that? I know there are a couple of time zones in the USA.

I am feeling brighter although totally disorganised. Since being diagnosed and going onto medication I find I cannot plan and co-ordinate myself. I never used to be like that and with a family it is really hard to work around. Most days I have trouble getting housework done and planning meals etc. I also can't relax. Is this normal? Any ideas?

Have a good day or what's left of it.

Anna
Old 02-11-2003, 08:50 PM   #7  

Anna,

2:15pm Wednesday for you is:

5:15pm Tuesday West coast
6:15pm Tuesday mountain
7:15pm Tuesday Central
8:15pm Tuesday East Coast

If you feel spacy or tense on your meds, talk to your doctor. There are lots of meds out there and they affect different people in different ways. There may be a better fit.
Old 02-11-2003, 09:58 PM   #8  

Hi all,

I am here...very busy day....& I am not working....have to go watch Judging Amy....see you later.

April
Old 02-11-2003, 10:43 PM   #9  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

LINDA - Thanks for the time zones I've written them down and makes it easier to know when you guys are more likely to be on.
I'm due back at the doctors in a couple of weeks so I'll talk to him then. They've already adjusted the dosage. I'm not spacey or hyped up but getting my head around simply organising my day can be a major thing. Can only get better I guess. Thanks again

Anna
Old 02-12-2003, 12:21 AM   #10  

Hi again,

It is after 9 P.M. here now. DH & I went to see a movie today....Chicago.....while we were sitting & watching the movie...DH said this should be on Broadway....I told him Chicago was on Broadway. On the way out of the movie....DH said he wanted to leave the movie after 10 minutes. I thought it was okay.

I am using the light box every morning & feeling good.

DS3 just came over to return some tools he borrowed.

Anna.......I seem to to be more disorganized these days also & have a hard time getting housework done. I am on an antidepressant also. I never did like housework.

Cathy.....hope you did better with the food today.

Linda.....5 A.M. is so early....don't know how you do it.

Kem I am on Effexor XR.....last spring I tried to go off it....It was so terrible....for a week...I was so sad....spent most of the day in bed....had to go back on it.

April
Old 02-12-2003, 08:46 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Well let me just add my 2 cents......

HOUSE WORK IS BORING AND DEPRESSING

I'm with yah on that 100 %

Fell better ladies
Closed Thread