Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 11/21

Diana3271
11-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

Diana3271
11-20-2011, 09:18 AM
:thanks1: Hi Everyone! :happ3:

I think I am going to start our weekly thread Sunday day instead of Sunday evening. I seem to have a little more time during the day than at night.

Well, this is Thanksgiving week. Anyone have any special plans for Thanksgiving? Do you have a plan for working Thanksgiving into your food plan?

This time of year can be a little stressful. We are faced with food choices that we don't have to deal with on a regular basis. We also have extra family and people around that we don't have to deal with on a regular basis. How are things going for you this week?

berryblondeboys
11-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Pick up a medium apple - feel it in your hands = that, that weight is what is between me and the initial goal - the weight of one normal sized apple!!!!! 6 more ounces!!!!!!

And now I'm off. I have a whirlwind day today - Ethical Society Fall Festival (stone salad versus stone soup - but I'll avoid the dessert and bread table - made 4 loaves for it - two Cuban White bread loaves and two Chocolate Cherry loaves.

Then SHOPPING for christmas and then seeing my mentee in the Nutcracker Suite. I'm leaving home at 9:30 am and will get home at 10 pm... Oh gosh! I forgot - I need to print out my ticket! Gee Whiz!

Diana3271
11-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Berry You have a lot planned! Have a wonderful day! You are doing a fantastic job! You are so close! Keep up the great work!

mamakat
11-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Diana :wave: good morning. DH is actually cooking this year at home...we were going to a restaurant, but it closed last year and we had to drive to upstate New York for it. It's good, but DH can make food here just as easy as the drive time. Plus this way he can choose healthier foods for us. He was excited when he bought the turkey...I think it's cute.

We don't have family or friends so we don't have to worry about those stresses. We're an island :) The kids never liked stuffing so it will be easy enough t go low carb for us. I was the only one who like cranberry sauce. The only thing I'll miss is the mashed potatoes, but there's enough food to go around so I won't feel bad for long :)

Looks like another mall day for me. DS got a new game thingy that comes out today. I actually xmas shopped on Friday. Ugh, I really do not like this holiday. I swore I wasn't even going to shop this year and I still did it. Well, DH can finish it b/c I get absolutely no enjoyment out of it. I am the original scrooge. DS's friend was shocked when he heard that I hated the holiday. "how can you hate xmas?" be me as a kid for only one year and you'd know. I really am trying to NOT not like it, but it's hard. Even ripping of paper makes me cringe...not to mention the smell of scotch tape....oh well slap on a hat and scarf and it's time to move forward...or in my case just move...I need exercise :)

Have a wonderful and healthy day

Diana3271
11-20-2011, 10:28 AM
I am posting this on both threads:

I wanted to mention my new discovery. I am always the last person to find out about things. I wanted to share, just in case someone else hasn't heard of this. A check-in buddy on an exercise forum posted about her lunch one day last week. She had cottage cheese on cinnamon raisin toast. She said that she loves cheese danish and this takes the place for her. The funny thing is that I had thought about having something similar but thought it might not taste right. I decided to give it a try after talking with her. I bought some bagel thins since it's a lower calorie option when you compare 2 pieces of toast vs. the 2 halves of bagel thins. I toasted the bagel thins and then topped each half with 1/4 cup of No Added Salt cottage cheese. :drool: It was so good. Like I said, I am the last one to hear about this stuff. I would have been enjoying this all along if I had known about it. I had another idea that I might try. It seems like vanilla Greek yogurt would be closer taste to a cheese danish. Anyone ever eat anything like this?

Diana3271
11-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Mamakat I don't remember if you like cauliflower. You can mash it and put gravy on that in place of mashed potatoes. I have done this and it works for me.

Diana3271
11-20-2011, 11:40 AM
I need some advice. My new pants need to be hemmed a little. Should I hand hem them or use the iron on hemming tape (whatever that stuff is called :D.)

still
11-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Hello!

Weigh in is back to 163, thank goodness. With the meds I'm on recently, I'll be thrilled to stay here, even if I don't lose the additional pound before Disney.

K9Owner
11-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Diana: Sorry I am late posting this. I am working this wknd--as usual.
As for the pants, I typically use the tape unless it's denim. Mainly b/c I don't own a sewing machine! ;)

The site that I was referring to in my "Don't Know How to Count" post is a 2 part deal: Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT9kgX5cni4&feature=related%20%28Part%201%29) & Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96AGddgUiBU&feature=related)

I'm no mathematician and far far away from a Calculus major, but I can compute math, which is basically what this "Dr." is telling me I can't do.
Unless, of course, every piece of technology I own needs a new battery or doesn't function properly--which is possible. I mean ANYTHING is possible!

Diana3271
11-20-2011, 07:21 PM
K9 Yep, he got on my nerves! :rofl: Is the hemming tape easy to use and does it last? I have never used it before.

K9Owner
11-20-2011, 08:20 PM
K9 Yep, he got on my nerves! :rofl: Is the hemming tape easy to use and does it last? I have never used it before.

:rofl:

The tape is easy when you don't sew!! ;)
I like it! Really! I've used it on scrubs and it works just fine!

berryblondeboys
11-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Had a great day today. Fun!!!! And some alone time! MUCH needed. Ended the day seeing a production of Nutcracker and saw my mentee perform ( a supporting cast role).

Really odd thing though - as I'm getting ready for bed, I always hop on the scale. The scale reads 175.4 - same as this morning. That means this whoosh is continuing and it would be impossible for me not to get below 175 tomorrow. I'm in shock... NO weight loss last month and 9 pounds so far this month? Go figure! I've been peeing like crazy though - wonder why I was holding so much water? Weird!

Anyway, I hope I can sleep tonight and not get all excited about a good weigh-in! LOL

Larry H
11-20-2011, 10:39 PM
My weight is steady at 203

Calories a little high today my goal was 1650 for today and actual was 1761 :dizzy:

Is anyone else planning on having a "Big Bird" for Thanksgiving??

Larry,

mamakat
11-21-2011, 06:12 AM
Monday WI 218.0 up 2.2 pounds.

IsabellaOlivia
11-21-2011, 06:38 AM
Friday was 60.3 kilos. Today was 59.4 kilos. Down o.9 kilos in three freaking days.:D

Or in pounds that's down 1,98 pounds in three days. Which is close to the amount I lost of the whole in the past two months...Hoping that means I'm breaking through the plateau.

berryblondeboys
11-21-2011, 06:59 AM
I did it!!!!! Down 1.4 from yesterday!!! 174!!!!!!

Larry H
11-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Melissa :congrat: and :bravo: on 174

Larry

Diana3271
11-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Someone overslept this morning. :o OOPS! I had a second day of gain from Saturday night. I always gain two days in a row for some reason.

Weigh In: 147.8 (TTOM)
Up: 1 pound

Berry Congratulations! :congrat: :yay:

IsabellaOlivia Congrats on your loss!

redballoon
11-21-2011, 07:41 AM
I had no idea there was another thread up!!! Why does it go up on Sunday but says from the 21st (Monday) :cry: And how do you all find it? I don't go into the forum so if I don't have a subscription I don't know it's up.....hmmm

Diana3271
11-21-2011, 07:48 AM
I had no idea there was another thread up!!! Why does it go up on Sunday but says from the 21st (Monday) :cry: And how do you all find it? I don't go into the forum so if I don't have a subscription I don't know it's up.....hmmm

Sorry about that. I try to remember to post a link in the current thread, but sometimes I forget. I post it on Sunday because I have more time on Sunday than Monday morning. Sorry about all of the confusion. :(

Is there a better way that I can post the thread? Any suggestions? Please let me know. Monday is just too busy to post a new thread. Maybe make Sunday the new week instead of Monday?

jomatho
11-21-2011, 07:53 AM
CONGRATS BERRY!!! :woohoo::carrot::carrot:

I am up early, already got my workout in and am off to a funeral this morning. Won't be around until later, if at all. Everyone have a great day!!!

Sum38
11-21-2011, 08:01 AM
LOL!! I just read that Victoria Beckham only eats sushi, each and every day. -- Maybe she is onto something.....I love sushi!! I could do an all sushi diet. :lol: --

Seriously...I need to get my head straight and do something....

allwayshungery
11-21-2011, 08:20 AM
I am back to this site and realize that I need accountability to keep me on track.

Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

allwayshungery
11-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Good job....keep going ;)

Friday was 60.3 kilos. Today was 59.4 kilos. Down o.9 kilos in three freaking days.:D

Or in pounds that's down 1,98 pounds in three days. Which is close to the amount I lost of the whole in the past two months...Hoping that means I'm breaking through the plateau.

mamakat
11-21-2011, 09:27 AM
:congrat: Berry....so happy for you

Vixsin
11-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Good Morning All!

I am exhausted from leaving a large chunk of school work to be done at the last minute. For that, I only got about 5 hrs of sleep. :yawn: I was also snacky last night because of being so tired. I did it though. I got it all done. I will be working HARD not to let my work lapse like that again! Amidst all of that wonderfulness I am up 2 lbs this morning to 198.2 :eek: :eek: I gave myself a little pep talk this morning and I am ready for the gym tonight after work. I'll be very happy if I can get a nice slow jog in and an elliptical torture session.

I'm off to get some work done! I'll check back at lunch time!

K9Owner
11-21-2011, 10:11 AM
LOL!! I just read that Victoria Beckham only eats sushi, each and every day. -- Maybe she is onto something.....I love sushi!! I could do an all sushi diet. :lol: --

Sign me up!!! I could do this too ;)

redballoon
11-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Diana, No worries. Now that I know the quirks of the thread I can figure it out. I added the Weight Loss Support forum to my favorites to maybe remind me to look there. I had been using the subscriptions because I post on threads in different forums. It may be a good idea though to at least change the starting date to the date you put up the thread. Because of the time difference it makes it more confusing for me. But don't fret because of me. :hug: I am a fast learner! :lol:

berryblondeboys
11-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Changed my tickers. You cannot imagine how surreal it is that I hit my initial goal and that I have it in me to try for a bit more... though I think Diana has an inkling ;)

mamakat
11-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Tried a new path today. Our boardwalk is a part of a state park so instead of coming back on it, I walked out of the park to it's access road. OMG there's a winding hill I wasn't really prepared for, but I did it. I walked about 4.5 miles in 90 mins. I don't think I can do that every day especially as winter is coming but on the warmer days I think I will take up the challenge. :) So far I have worked out Sunday and Today which is a lot more than recently. After my shower tonight I was amazed to see that 215 again, but I'm not counting it. It means nothing if it's not first weight. :)

Diana3271
11-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Sum If you like sushi, a sushi diet sounds good. I think it's pretty healthy. Do you have a favorite type of sushi?

Allwayshungery Hi :wave: Welcome back!

Vixsin Hang in there! You will get back into the swing of things. Keep working your plan.

Berry Yes, it's an amazing feeling! Have you decided how you are going to deal with the holidays and the special days that you have coming up?

Mamakat That walk sounds more like a hike. I know you got a great workout in!

Diana3271
11-21-2011, 08:50 PM
I was glad to get back to my big breakfast this morning. The cinnamon raisin bagel thin and cottage cheese tasted good yesterday, but I am used to a heavier breakfast. It seems to last me longer. I kinda felt like I was hungry all day yesterday.

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Chicken 400 calories
Veggies 200 calories
Bread 100 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (Cardio/Boxing Premix) w/weighted gloves
TF Fire 45 EZ

berryblondeboys
11-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Tried a new path today. Our boardwalk is a part of a state park so instead of coming back on it, I walked out of the park to it's access road. OMG there's a winding hill I wasn't really prepared for, but I did it. I walked about 4.5 miles in 90 mins. I don't think I can do that every day especially as winter is coming but on the warmer days I think I will take up the challenge. :) So far I have worked out Sunday and Today which is a lot more than recently. After my shower tonight I was amazed to see that 215 again, but I'm not counting it. It means nothing if it's not first weight. :)

My husband's aunt lives just blocks off the coast in Connecticut. She lives in Waterford, so every time you describe your neighborhood and walks I imagine her town... and I'm probably way off! Pretty awesome to have a great place to walk though!

berryblondeboys
11-21-2011, 09:21 PM
I did a zumba class tonight. You know. I really don't like Zumba. Unless you know the routines and can really shake it, you don't burn that many calories. I much prefer more athletic movement versus dance. But, I did it. Tomorrow is strength training.

mamakat
11-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Berry I find that a lot of towns are alike here. Although we're still cities (technically) we are small enough to recognize people every once in awhile. And the cool thing about all these towns/cities is they have greens. Growing up in Phx is completely different. But most definitely I find the beach town a lot alike. So you're probably not far off in how you imagine it. It's a beach! next to a wildlife state park which is actually pretty cool. We're also right on the autobahn so lots of cool birds...giant hawks...so cool.

SO as I was walking and extremely tired I happened on this yard with tons of piles leaves...oh man, I wanted to jump in. BUT I didn't. I would have reraked had I been caught, but it's the getting caught that stopped me. How do you explain a 40 year old woman rolling in a total stranger's pile of leaves. :rofl: So I walked on with regret :( One day, I'll do it!

IsabellaOlivia
11-22-2011, 04:19 AM
Yesterday was 883 calories. Did Jillian Michaels ripped in 30.
I fell asleep at 6 so I never got the time to eat more food, thus my calorie intake was way too low.

I think my weight loss wasn't really a weight loss. I weighted myself naked, however when I weighed myself with clothes later in the evening, my weight was back to normal. Also is it possible to way a pound more in the evening that in daytime? That also happened.

berryblondeboys
11-22-2011, 06:44 AM
Morning everyone. Scale is up this morning, but still below 175, but up .6. I might crawl back in bed as I'm tired. Doing bodypump this evening, but cleaning and doing Thanksgiving shopping today too.

Diana3271
11-22-2011, 06:59 AM
Also is it possible to way a pound more in the evening that in daytime?

Yes. I weigh heavier at night. I don't even want to hurt my feelings by looking at the scale at night. ;)

Diana3271
11-22-2011, 07:00 AM

Weigh In: 147.2 (TTOM)
Down: .6

mamakat
11-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Isabella My weight can change up or down by more than a pound through out the day. That's why I only take the first weight, which in some cases is the higher weight. For some reason I get my lowest reading during the day at 10-11 am and I was weighing myself during that time for summer weight, but since I'm taxi ing my kids around now I take the first weight. Yesterday morning I was 218 at 5pm I was 215. So it can go both ways. So a suggestion would be only consider one weight (you choose the time) and stick with that as a guide. :)

berryblondeboys
11-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Yesterday was 883 calories. Did Jillian Michaels ripped in 30.
I fell asleep at 6 so I never got the time to eat more food, thus my calorie intake was way too low.

I think my weight loss wasn't really a weight loss. I weighted myself naked, however when I weighed myself with clothes later in the evening, my weight was back to normal. Also is it possible to way a pound more in the evening that in daytime? That also happened.

Weight changes all the time. The best time to weigh yourself is in the morning - naked. Of course, clothes add 2-3 pounds. Shoes add another pound and even naked, you will weigh 2-3 pounds heavier in the evening than in the morning. I find (depending on how hydrated I am) that I lose 1-2 pounds overnight. So do most people.

Like, yesterday, my weight went like this: 174.0 in the morning naked. 177.6 after I got dressed (no shoes). I was wearing wool sweaters. In the evening when I got ready for bed - naked I weighed 176.4. This morning I weighed 174.6.

Sum38
11-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Congrats Berry for reaching your goal!

Vixsin
11-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Back down the 2lb water weight! :yay:

All of my food packed today. On my way to the gym tonight after work. I am ON PLAN!

Congrats Melissa!!!!!!!!

jomatho
11-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Back down the 2lb water weight! :yay:

All of my food packed today. On my way to the gym tonight after work. I am ON PLAN!

Congrats Melissa!!!!!!!!

That is super de duper as Barney would say!!! Keep up the hard work, your body is catching up to your solid attitude!!!:carrot:

K9Owner
11-22-2011, 12:42 PM
:congrat: Melissa on reaching your goal and the week of Thanksgiving! How exciting!

still
11-22-2011, 03:28 PM
First of all, Melissa, congratulations on reaching your initial goal!
:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

That is so wonderful. You've worked so hard for this. Yay you!

I am here. Weigh in today was 163. Things have been really, really busy with working and Disney prep. My last day of work is tomorrow, then I am off until after Disney.

I've been struggling with eating a bit recently. I've been eating a lot of yogurt to help counteract the antibiotic I'm on, and I'm having trouble working the yogurt into my calorie count. It's my own fault. I don't want to give up my usual snacks for what I deem a "necessity".

How's everyone doing?

berryblondeboys
11-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Thank you guys so much! It means a lot!

Now to just try to KEEP it below 175. I'll probably go up for a few days, but a lot of our Thanksgiving feast is actually quite healthy food, so I think I'll be OK. And if I gain a few, I can relose them. I now have that confidence.

Doing bodypump tonight, but I think I'll skip all formal exercise tomorrow - I'll be in the kitchen and cooking all blessed day tomorrow (and Thursday). I'll burn enough calories that way. I'll wear my pedometer to see if I can keep track of how many steps I take. I'm curious!

mamakat
11-22-2011, 08:05 PM
The darkness at 4 is really hard to deal with. I had to go to New Haven today and by the time I got back home it was dark. I couldn't get in a walk before I left and I promised I wouldn't walk in the dark. Broke my promise...but I stayed on the main road and if there was a tall hedged yard I walked in the street rather than the sidewalk. A police officer was patrolling anyway...he drove by 3 times before I finished my 40 mins. walk. I just didn't want to skip a day. I even walked in the light rain. Hopefully I'll be able to fit in a longer walk tomorrow...we'll see what the weather has in store for us.

Diana3271
11-22-2011, 09:55 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled Chicken tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
Susan Chung Rapidfire: Results (Cardio Explosion premix) w/weighted gloves

WannaBeLoserAgain
11-23-2011, 02:09 AM
I am being accountable by checking. I am doing great! I am working the holidays, so no big meal to think about. But, I do need to try out the bagels thin with the cottage cheese and sweetner.

I have changed my goal to try to lose 1-1/2 pounds a week instead of one pound. I was sliding too much over on the calories by 100-200 and that small amount of calories sure makes a difference.

I am not crazy about Christmas either, I am aa scrooge for sure.

I am getting use to my eating habits and I am realizing I am very close to my goal!

mamakat
11-23-2011, 06:14 AM
I think I'm in hibernation mode. No matter what I keep going up or fighting the same stinking two pounds. I'm getting rather discouraged with it. Not like I'd change my eating or anything, I'm just disappointed. I don't foresee me reaching Onderland by the end of this year. Oh well, something to strive for next year. I'm not going to give up on myself. :)

Diana3271
11-23-2011, 06:34 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! Quick post, I'll do some personals later. Today will be a busy day for us. I need to go to the PO, the bank, and I need to pick up my pants at the seamstress. (I decided to have them professionally hemmed. It was only a couple dollars more than the tape.) We always close early (at lunch) the day before Thanksgiving. DH wants to have the car washed/cleaned, and since we are leaving early we will have lunch together out. Busy day!

Weigh In: 146.6
Down: .6

berryblondeboys
11-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Morning everyone! Furious cleaning and cooking today, but I love it! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I just LOVE to cook. Wish I was feeding 100!

Diana3271
11-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Berry It sounds like you have a lot going on! What is on your menu? Do you have anyone coming to your house to visit? I hope you have fantastic day!

redballoon
11-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Quickie here. I am glad to say my weight budged a bit downward yesterday. I think I am going to stay off the scale a little bit now just because I don't want the disappointment of seeing it fluctuate around anymore. I will NOT overeat.
Sorry to hear so many people being frustrated by a lack of weight loss. If you are really doing something to take off the fat and NOT just putting in lots of effort to avoid temptation, it WILL come off. Heh, if it does for me, it will for you!! :yes: Please hang in there! I, as you may realize, am so easily frustrated. But, I realized I was only thinking of all the effort I was making simply NOT to overeat. But that doesn't translate to fat loss. It is really hard to do both. Most of us probably have the overeating deeply ingrained in our pysches, unlike other people who may have only been overeating for a short time or were incapacitated or something.
Let's try to keep at this! Best of luck and power to you all!! :strong:

:wave:

WannaBeLoserAgain
11-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Mamakat, it would of be so fun!

I work nights, I have weighed myself in the morning after working and feeling I was pretty empty and scale showed a weight as much as 2 pounds after sleeping. So, rest is important.

berryblondeboys
11-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Diana, my menu is on my blog today.. Let me see if I can remember it all.

Chestnut fennel soup
Winter squash rolls
Roasted lemon green beans with almonds
Roasted root vegetables and Brussels sprouts with garlic and pancetta
Scalloped corn
Scalloped potatoes
Candied sweet potatoes with pecans
Sausage and cornbread stuffing
Sage and pancetta roasted turkey
Sage and pancetta gravy
Cranberries with orange
Double crust apple pie with cinnamon ice cream
Pumpkin pie with whipped cream
Pumpkin cheese cake with pecans served with spiked whipped cream.

Diana3271
11-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :happ3:

redballoon Weight loss is really hard. This is my third time at trying. I can lose but maintaining is the problem. It took me 3 years and 5 months to do what normally takes other people a year or so to do. Keep trying and working your plan.

WannaBeLoserAgain Hi :wave:

Berry Wow! Your menu is amazing! I know your family will really enjoy it. What are you most looking forward to? I love cinnamon ice cream. Did you make it or buy it?

mamakat Again, we all lose at a different rate. At 3 years and 5 months I have to be the slowest loser on the planet. On top of that, I only went off plan a few times each year. The times I went off plan, my calories were probably only a few hundred over my plan. I also rarely missed a workout. I literally only missed a few workouts each year. Keep working your plan. You have shown that it does work for you. Maybe you need to tweak something that you are not immediately aware of. Hang in there. You can do it.

Diana3271
11-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Total Approx 1475 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (800 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 600 Calories
2 Orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Dinner (310 Calories)
Cinnamon Raisin Bagel thin 110 calories
I topped the bagel thin with vanilla Greek yogurt and put it under the broiler :drool: 110
1/2 cup cottage cheese 90 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45
Life Force w/2's, 3's, and 5's

jomatho
11-23-2011, 09:49 PM
I think I'm in hibernation mode. No matter what I keep going up or fighting the same stinking two pounds. I'm getting rather discouraged with it. Not like I'd change my eating or anything, I'm just disappointed. I don't foresee me reaching Onderland by the end of this year. Oh well, something to strive for next year. I'm not going to give up on myself. :)

Your body is just readjusting, but that is not showing on the scale. I would bet you may be noticing some inches gone right now? That's what happens to me, when the scale is stuck, I lose inches, when the scale is moving, not so many inches. I don't know why that is. Keep doing what you are doing and the scale will catch up with you, you will be in Onderland before you know it!

attagirl125
11-23-2011, 09:52 PM
So tomorrow is the day that will be so difficult! I did start the c25K program and finished a 5k today at a slow rate but it works!.
I will check in tomorrow.

jomatho
11-23-2011, 09:54 PM
So tomorrow is the day that will be so difficult! I did start the c25K program and finished a 5k today at a slow rate but it works!.
I will check in tomorrow.

Great job on your 5k!!!!! I run slow too, but that doesn't stop me.

Diana3271
11-23-2011, 09:56 PM
attagirl125 Hi! :wave: Great job on your workout!

berryblondeboys
11-24-2011, 07:10 AM
Mamakat You are losing so well and consistently, but like most of us, you have starts and stops. I know when it's someone else, you don't notice it as much as when it is yourself. I just came off of 6 weeks of bouncing around the same 3 pounds. I was eating right, never over doing it and while exercise was a bit less intense, I was doing it. Then WHOOSH about 9 pounds in 2 weeks fell off. Now, I'm gaining - 1.4 pounds in 3 days. Yet, my calories are low (averaging 1450) and I'm exercising, so why??? We simply don't know - some hormones probably. And now I'll probably be around this weight for another 3-4 weeks. The scale may not be moving, but that doesn't mean I've been bad and staying good will eventually be rewarded.

jomatho
11-24-2011, 07:15 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

:turkey: :happ3: :turkey:

Feeling thankful for all of the support you guys have given me! I would have quit a long time ago if it weren't for all of you!

ETA: oh, and my weight is down a little today, of course, on Thanksgiving day my scale finally moves again, but I will not change a thing because I am going to not over do today, but I will enjoy a little more than usual. I have a calorie goal in mind and will stick to it. Hope everyone has a successful day, whether you are splurging or sticking to plan or somewhere in the middle like me.

berryblondeboys
11-24-2011, 07:16 AM
Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!!! I knew the scale would be up today - I love daily weighing. I have 'most things' figured out. I was on my feet for a good 15 hours yesterday with cleaning and prepping for today. Whenever I'm on my feet like that, I hold water and yep... I was up 4 last night and still up a bit this morning despite peeing a river. Another day like that today.

Diana - I make everything from scratch - including the ice cream. Some years when I'm more ambitious, I'll make my own chicken broth for recipes to use for Thanksgiving too, but not this year. It's our most extravagant day of the year and m favorite holiday. But last night as I was collapsing on the bed, I wondered why I loved it so much since I was a slave to the kitchen... I think it's seeing how much everyone enjoys that does it for me.

Diana3271
11-24-2011, 07:38 AM
Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful day! I am also so Thankful for my family and friends (online and in person)! Everyone here has been so supportive of me. Thank you!

Weigh In: 144.6
Down: 2 pounds

Diana3271
11-24-2011, 08:13 AM
Anyone doing any Black Friday shopping? I have heard that some of the stores here are opening at 10 PM tonight! Everything used to open at 5 or 6 AM on Friday. Then it moved to 1 and 2 AM! Now it's 10 PM the day before.

I do everything that I can to avoid crowds, so I won't be out shopping. I normally do a mall walk on Saturday and/or Sunday. I stopped doing that a couple weeks ago. I could see the crowds increasing then.

mamakat
11-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone,

Diana So funny as I read your question on Black Friday my DH is looking at all the stores that are opening...he loves Black Friday! I refuse to step foot in any store from here on, into Jan 2nd. DH though loves doing everything last minute and this year he was told no electronics, but he just told me Best Buy is opening at midnight tonight...he cracks me up. He is so addicted to spending money on new fandangle things. We usually do separate things for xmas, but this year I said he can do it all and we only need one present (big) each and then I said "I don't need anything". :lol: My DS who has never participated in xmas said he already had an idea for me...so of course I said okay. This is his first gift ever (including bdays). I'm actually shocked and want to know what it is :) My little boy (15) is finally joining in a holiday :rofl: Last year he tried Halloween ToT...he last 20mins. So it ought to be exciting...not sure though what DH will get...oh and DS got his daddy something yesterday...shocking!

Berry you amaze me, man I can't imagine cooking like that. My mom and grandma were like that too, everything from scratch...even the cranberry sauce. I of course am the rebel, I have such a hard time even thinking about spending so much time and energy into something (that I don't enjoy) and then it be over in minutes. I guess though, if you truly enjoy it, it's different. I don't know, I think if I did any type of real cooking, I'd make everyone look at it for an hour (at least) before eating :lol: I hope you have a wonderful day and get some rest afterwards. :)

Jomatho my scale moved down today too. Of all days, I finally dropped a couple of pounds. Now they'll go up again. But it's sunny out today so I can go for a walk. Maybe I can get one of my kids to go too. Can't ask DH, he'll be cooking :rofl: Have a great day. :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!

K9Owner
11-24-2011, 10:53 AM
:thanks1: EVERYONE!
I am thankful for so many things, one of which is to have been able to spend these last 7 months with some of the most supportive people online.
Thank you for allowing me to be a small part of your life.
You all have been an amazing encouragement to me :)

Diana3271
11-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, I ate too much. :o But I planned on that, so I guess it's OK. I was back on plan after I over indulged. :o We ate our Thanksgiving meal at lunch. I won't eat anything else today. It was so good! I hope everyone else enjoyed theirs, too.

I did something amazing, for me, today! I wanted to do a different workout today. I drove around the perimeter of our Tanger outlet mall. There is a sidewalk/walking path around it. The distance is 1 1/2 miles. I decided to walk it. I wanted to go around 4 times for a total of 6 miles. I was going around the backside and I heard someone running up behind me. I got nervous at first. I moved over a little and a man, who was running, ran past me. I tried walking faster, to catch up to him, but he was running too fast. I watched him and how far he had gotten ahead of me. I knew I wanted to get around the mall 4 times, but I was thinking that I was going to run out of time. I didn't want to be out there in the dark. I had only one option. :D I had to run, too. Me? Run? The girl who, in school, was known as "there's the girl that fell in the hole". I was always falling down and twisting my ankles. I couldn't even walk without falling. Running was not an option for me. That would be disastrous for sure! I did it, though! I am so proud of myself. I ran between 3 and 4 miles and walked the remainder, for a total of 6 miles! I have never ran like that before. :bravo: to me! :D

Now, the question is going to be, what will be hurting tomorrow? My glutes and hamstrings are warm. My hip flexors were talking a little at the end. Will I even be able to get out of bed in the morning? :D

Diana3271
11-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Jomatho Congrats on your weigh in!

Mamakat Congrats on your weigh in, too!

K9 I hope you have a wonderful day, too! I am also Thankful for this supportive group. Everyone has been so helpful and encouraging!

WannaBeLoserAgain
11-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Great job on the run Diana!

I ate my Thanksgiving meal last night. I quit when I was full and I still had a lot of food left. My stomach hurt for 2 hours after eating.

Everyone, please be careful about the leftovers. Calories will increase until those leftovers are gone.

Diana3271
11-24-2011, 07:08 PM
WannaBeLoserAgain Hi :wave: I hear you on the stomach hurting! Mine still hurts and we ate at lunch! :o

jomatho
11-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, I ate too much. :o But I planned on that, so I guess it's OK. I was back on plan after I over indulged. :o We ate our Thanksgiving meal at lunch. I won't eat anything else today. It was so good! I hope everyone else enjoyed theirs, too.

I did something amazing, for me, today! I wanted to do a different workout today. I drove around the perimeter of our Tanger outlet mall. There is a sidewalk/walking path around it. The distance is 1 1/2 miles. I decided to walk it. I wanted to go around 4 times for a total of 6 miles. I was going around the backside and I heard someone running up behind me. I got nervous at first. I moved over a little and a man, who was running, ran past me. I tried walking faster, to catch up to him, but he was running too fast. I watched him and how far he had gotten ahead of me. I knew I wanted to get around the mall 4 times, but I was thinking that I was going to run out of time. I didn't want to be out there in the dark. I had only one option. :D I had to run, too. Me? Run? The girl who, in school, was known as "there's the girl that fell in the hole". I was always falling down and twisting my ankles. I couldn't even walk without falling. Running was not an option for me. That would be disastrous for sure! I did it, though! I am so proud of myself. I ran between 3 and 4 miles and walked the remainder, for a total of 6 miles! I have never ran like that before. :bravo: to me! :D

Now, the question is going to be, what will be hurting tomorrow? My glutes and hamstrings are warm. My hip flexors were talking a little at the end. Will I even be able to get out of bed in the morning? :D

That is an awesome story and you did so well right out of the gate!!!! My guess is that the hip flexors will be the most sore in the morning. That's where I always feel it when I am not used to running for a while, but I that might be just the way I am built or something. Just pray it's not the shins, those are
the worst!
:bravo:

jomatho
11-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone,

Diana So funny as I read your question on Black Friday my DH is looking at all the stores that are opening...he loves Black Friday! I refuse to step foot in any store from here on, into Jan 2nd. DH though loves doing everything last minute and this year he was told no electronics, but he just told me Best Buy is opening at midnight tonight...he cracks me up. He is so addicted to spending money on new fandangle things. We usually do separate things for xmas, but this year I said he can do it all and we only need one present (big) each and then I said "I don't need anything". :lol: My DS who has never participated in xmas said he already had an idea for me...so of course I said okay. This is his first gift ever (including bdays). I'm actually shocked and want to know what it is :) My little boy (15) is finally joining in a holiday :rofl: Last year he tried Halloween ToT...he last 20mins. So it ought
to be exciting...not sure though what DH will get...oh and DS got his daddy something yesterday...shocking!

Berry you amaze me, man I can't imagine cooking like that. My mom and grandma were like that too, everything from scratch...even the cranberry sauce. I of course am the rebel, I have such a hard time even thinking about spending so much time and energy into something (that I don't enjoy) and then it be over in minutes. I guess though, if you truly enjoy it, it's different. I don't know, I think if I did any type of real cooking, I'd make everyone look at it for an hour (at least) before eating :lol: I hope you have a wonderful day and get some rest afterwards. :)

Jomatho my scale moved down today too. Of all days, I finally dropped a couple of pounds. Now they'll go up again. But it's sunny out
today so I can go for a walk. Maybe I can get one of my kids to go too. Can't ask DH, he'll be cooking :rofl: Have a great day. :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!

I fell asleep in my chair for a little bit tonight and just woke up to my kids bustling around getting ready to go out shopping the midnight sales with dad!!! Seriously? How crazy is that? They better not be going to best buy, that is all I have to say! If it was helpful shopping like for the grandparents, nieces or something it would be fine, but I am sure that is not the case.

Diana3271
11-25-2011, 08:36 AM

Weigh In: 147.4
Up: 2.8 pounds

I always have a second day of gain, too. We'll see what happens.

Jomatho How was your Thanksgiving? You hit the nail on the head with that one! I feel it in my hip flexors. While I was running, I suppose I was getting tired. I could feel myself leaning forward. It would give me that sensation that I was going to stumble/fall. I kept telling myself to straighten back up. This would solve that falling/stumbling sensation.

Larry H
11-25-2011, 09:32 AM
We went to my Sister's house for Thanksgiving. I over ate (a lot). I think that my sister must have used a lot of sodium in her cooking. I had a dry mouth all evening and drank a lot of water trying to cure it. Today I paid the price for over eating. My scale shows a whopping 17 lb gain!! :(:dizzy::(

I know from my experience this year that this weight gain is only fluid retention and it is temporary. I still really hate to seeing those numbers again.

Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Larry,

mamakat
11-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I am happy to say, I neither over did it or under did it :lol: that isn't proper English I'm sure. DH did an amazing job on his dinner. He is so used to serving food to everyone separately, he didn't call anyone to set the table. When he handed DS his plate DD freaked out and demanded we eat at the table...only DH was unaware that that is how things are done :D

He did a lot of dessert prep while the kids and I ate and LAUGHED our butts off. It was sort of weird seeing him cook while we were laughing...we really are screwy when it comes to the four us together :shrug: BUT the dessert was soooooo good and low carb :D He made pumpkin pudding! Oh my gosh, I haven't had pumpkin pie in 2 years because of Celiac's, but without the crust and in a martini glass topped with whipped cream, the pudding was to die for!

A whole family NSV since DH has joined the low carb lifestyle, my chubby DD has lost 8lbs. She still eats a lot of candy, but cutting out all the other carbs has really helped. DH is losing weight too. DS is not allowed to lose weight, so everytime I turn around I'm shoving food into his mouth, whether carb or not...he still lost a pound :( But its so nice that we are all eating nutritiously. I'm so glad that I was a role model and starter for them, I feel like I've finally done something good for these people, whom I love.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

Diana3271
11-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Larry Wow! I was very thirsty after we ate, too. I only allowed myself small sips of water here and there. I know what happens. My body will hold onto it for dear life! ;) I think you can totally relate!

Mamakat It sounds like you had a wonderful day, as a family.

Larry H
11-25-2011, 10:39 AM
He made pumpkin pudding! Oh my gosh, I haven't had pumpkin pie in 2 years because of Celiac's, but without the crust and in a martini glass topped with whipped cream, the pudding was to die for!

mamakat My DW is diabetic and loves pumpkin pie but has not had any because of her diabetes. I found the following recipie for crust-less, sugar free pumpkin pie. It turned out fantastic. It cuts and serves just like the regular pumpkin pie. I used Stevia in the Raw instead of Sweet N Low. My DW says "This recipe is a keeper" Best of all it is only 65 calories for a 1/8 pie slice.

Crustless Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Diabetic

Ingredients:

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
1/2 cup egg substitute (equivalent to 2 eggs)
2 egg whites
3/4 cup artificial sweetener (equivalent to 3/4 cup sugars)
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1/4 teaspoon allspice, ground
1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs

Directions:

1 In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, milk, egg substitute, egg whites and sweetener, beat until smooth.
2 Add the spices and salt, beat until well mixed.
3 Stir in graham cracker crumbs.
4 Pour into a 9-in. pie plate that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
5 Bake at 325F for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
6 Cool.
7 If desired, garnish with a dollop of whipped topping and sprinkling of cinnamon.
8 Store in the refrigerator.
9 Sweet 'N Low or Sweet One are recommended for baking.

Larry,

ItsMyTurn
11-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Wow, so sorry I have missed so much! It's been crazy since DH started working - he was working days 10a-7p which meant after working long days, I was doing supper for kids, cleaning, trying to do a load of laundry, and still trying to fit in workouts. Crazy! Needless to say, didn't leave a lot of online time. He is switching to nights for good starting tonight, so after adjustments are made, should make this a smoother process and I can get back to my support crew - miss you all so much!

Diana - Great job with the run!!!!

Krystal - I am just as thankful as you to have the privilege of finding this place and becoming a small piece of lives (and taking you all into a piece of mine). :hug:

I have been pretty much on plan, but the movement is non-existent with the scale and that's ok. I am still looking forward and feeling good :D

KaylaChristine
11-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi everyone! I've been MIA a bit lately. Just been super busy with holidays etc.!

I'm down another pound as of Wednesday when I weighed myself last, so I'm now at 158, yay!

I did overeat yesterday...but that's okay. It was bound to happen. I can't resist stuffing! Also, it's TOM time (which is weird, because I usually am anywhere from 2-8 lbs. heavier---but this period I'm actually down a lb. I'm not complaining though lol!). But anyway, it's TOM time so I had WAY too many sweets. I was on my feet all morning yesterday making deserts. I made my delicious Pumpkin Cake & some yummy Oreo truffles. I did manage to get a jog/walk around the block yesterday, so that's good at least.

Hope everyone in the US had a good Thanksgiving!

K9Owner
11-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Diana: :bravo: on 6 miles!! Did you love running? Did you have runner's high afterwards? My nsg friend, whom I got into running, is now running farther & faster than me. She invited me to be on their team for the St. Jude 1/2 next Sat. :rofl: Seriously!!!!

Larry: WoW! I hope you feel better soon & get all of that water off!

IsabellaOlivia
11-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Monday was 883 calories. Did JM ripped in 30

Tuesday was 1509 calories.

Wednesday was 2069 calories.

Thursday was 895 calories.

I want to be at a consistent 1400 and at 5 meals a day to keep my blood sugar up. I turn viscious when I'm hungry. Horn grow from my forehead.

Happy thanksgiving to the Americans!

mamakat
11-25-2011, 08:29 PM
:rofl: I had to share this, it's so funny. The family (minus me) went out Black Friday shopping. They invited me to meet them out for lunch. We met at Uno's. I got there first and was heading in when I heard someone behind me...a long way away. My kids came up and giggled and finally DH joined us. He said "if it wasn't for your wig, I wouldn't have recognized you from behind, you have a small butt". LOL that's funny. Of course my butt is not "small", but it used to be VERY recognizable :rofl: He liked my jeans :D

Diana3271
11-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Itsmyturn Things have gotten busy for you and the family! At least you haven't had a gain during the holiday. I think you have done great. :carrot:

KaylaChristine Congrats on the pound! Great job on working out, too.

K9 The running was fun. I probably won't do it often, though. There's not many places close to me that I would feel safe while running alone. I would kinda feel like I was getting a runner's high and then I would feel one of my toes cramping up. :rofl:

Isabellaolivia I get the same way if I don't eat my 3 meals on time. :devil: I am not a very nice person. :devil:

Diana3271
11-25-2011, 08:35 PM
He said "if it wasn't for your wig, I wouldn't have recognized you from behind, you have a small butt". LOL that's funny. Of course my butt is not "small", but it used to be VERY recognizable :rofl: He liked my jeans :D

Sounds like a NSV to me! A funny NSV, but(t) still a NSV! :rofl:

Diana3271
11-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Total Approx 1395 + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch/Snack (430 Calories)
Grilled Chicken Snack Wrap, no sauce 250 calories
1 Cup Cottage Cheese 180 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
6 ounce top sirloin 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

redballoon
11-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Hello all! Too late to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving so I'll just say I'm glad to hear you all seemed to enjoy the day. Here, of course, it was just a regular workday. I don't think I've had turkey in decades...not that I would because I've been vegetarian for so long now. But, I may have a bite sometime.
Just having a breather today, though I should be cleaning the mess that is my living abode. Too busy this past week. Big race tomorrow.
Well, totally discouraged about the weight loss...er, that is, the LACK of weight loss. Can't understand it at all. I guess the constant sitting has really taken a toll on my metabolism or something, I don't know. I am in the pits. Any cheer appreciated. It should NOT be this hard. It just shouldn't be. I feel cursed.......

solarplant
11-26-2011, 12:32 AM
hey everyone

I am back from my vacation! Kauai was awesome, maybe a little boring at times because since it's winter, you can't really swim at the beach. The boyfriend and I did lots of hiking, and oh my gosh is it muddy, oh so muddy. One hike we did, the little guide said 2 miles. It was really 3.25 miles (each way!!! to get to this hidden beach and then back), and an elevation change of about 600 feet and you had to go through two rivers (or I would call them streams since they're not that wide?). Luckily, we were carrying a lot of water.

Anyway, I think I came home more tired than I left but I got to sleep in this morning.

We got home late Wednesday night, and yesterday morning I woke up early to go run the Turkey Trot 10K. I did it in 1 hour and 11 minutes, super fast for me! Then I went home and started to work on making roasted cauliflower with golden raisins and breadcrumbs and to seasoning the turkey breast I was cooking. We went over to my boyfriend's family and had a huge feast. I even skipped dessert because I was full but I don't think I over did it.

I weighed myself this morning after coming back from vacation and the scale said 172.6! It felt great, I actually lost weight on vacation!!

Anyway, time to get to bed early i'm going to run another post Turkey trot race tomorrow, another 10K. :)

I am trying really hard to see high 150's for January 1st.

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday!

redballoon
11-26-2011, 01:33 AM
solarplant, sounds like you had a great time! And wow on foregoing dessert! Congrats on the weight loss! :cp:

Well, I am going to just try to lay off thinking about eating or not eating and all this diet stuff. I need a break from the thinking. Just do it. And stop looking for results on the time. Kind of like sowing seeds and keeping digging them up to see if they've germinated or not...... :^:

shishkeberry
11-26-2011, 01:38 AM
Hello everyone! Sorry, too lazy for personals tonight and I know I've been gone for a lot lately...sorry sorry sorry! Anyway, quick updates on me. Still smoke free, today made two weeks. I haven't even had one puff. I've made it through meals, bad days, fights with my DF, children trying my patience, cooking, and weight ups and downs and I haven't caved yet. Yay! :carrot:

I made it to the 220's again and a 60.6lb weight loss, but then Thanksgiving happened. I didn't eat like nuts. Between cooking and busyness I didn't even eat until 7:30pm--that's when we eat our dinner, I know that's later than most people but that's what we do. I made meals for the kids but I didn't eat with them. I had seconds at dinner and I ate a lot of pie. Well, thanks to that I was up to 232.4 this morning. :( Sad. I didn't control myself today, either, and I had a good bit of leftovers and I don't know how many calories. Eh, whatever. I'll do better tomorrow now that the holiday is over and all of the bad leftovers are gone. All that's left is sweet potatoes and turkey.

So yeah, I'm not doing too badly. I'm smoke free and I even had a small loss, even if I did negate it with Thanksgiving :lol: I hope everyone here from the US had a wonderful holiday!

redballoon
11-26-2011, 05:49 AM
shishkeberry, hello, nice to meet you! Congrats on the no smoking. I was/am trying to quit and had been smoke-free for three days or so, then went out drinking last night and blew it big time. But, today I've resisted again. Drinking is the worst. It's like a set, one has to have the other.
Will keep trying.

IsabellaOlivia
11-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Yesterday was another no work out day. Ate 1703 calories.
Really want to get back on track. Tonight I'm drinking which will add add a bunch of calories.

Do any of you know about good green teas?

Diana3271
11-26-2011, 08:17 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

I just woke up. I'll be back in little while to do personals. I need my coffee. :coffee:

I always have a second day of gaining after an off plan meal/day. I don't think this one is too bad.

Weigh In: 147.6
Up: .2

berryblondeboys
11-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Just a quick check in. Our cable, Internet and home line (MIL's phone) are all down as something went wrong with FIOS at our house only. Technician can't get here until tomorrow. And it happened on thanksgiving!

Weight is still up, buy coming down. I enjoyed thanksgivig, but it was a one day indulgence only. 2500 for the day though!!! Yesterday 1600 and two hours of gardening. TTOM should be any day too.

Diana3271
11-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Redballoon I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling. What is your calorie range? Are you able to take an evening walk? Maybe that will help boost you metabolism/burn a little. It will also help with the stress of weight loss. :hug: Good luck with trying to quit smoking. You can do it.

Solarplant Great job losing weight while on vacation! :bravo:

Shishkeberry Great job staying smoke free! :carrot:

IsabellaOlivia I don't drink regular green tea. I will, on occasion, drink Oolong. I think Oolong is between green and black teas. I like it better than green.

Berry Sorry to hear about the cable/internet. It's a good reason to get out of the house and do stuff, though. ;) It sounds like you did an excellent job for Thanksgiving! :bravo:

IsabellaOlivia
11-26-2011, 10:24 AM
RedBaloon: I'm a student, my 'humble ambode' looks like the wasteland after a nuclear attack. You have nothing to worry about.

SolarPlant: Great job.

ShiskBerry: We talk a lot on MyFitnessPal=)

Diana: Enjoy your coffee.

My first attempt at personals=)

ItsMyTurn
11-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Just popping in real fast

Great job Shish on staying smoke free!!!! To still be losing weight too is awesome

redballoon - lately a bunch of us have been noticing little to no loss, so stand in the "at least we know we are doing it right" line with us :) It's all good and it's all still healthy... worrying about if the scale will "prove" it to us is not going to help ;) You are doing great and just have to rest assured that's true :D :cheer:

solarplant - welcome back!!!! Great job taking vacation and still managing to lose! :woohoo:

Isabella - Sorry, I don't know anything about green teas as I don't drink them. Wish I could be more help

Diana - I totally agree not bad at all... shoot, .2 could be extra hairspray in the hair it weighs so little :lol:

Melissa - Sorry to hear of the technical issues... that would be a near death experience in my house with as much as my kids are on the net, LOL!

Today I am going to get some groceries, cook some meals in advance to prevent this coming week being as crazy as the past week (freezer meals), and also going to try to get some "good" time in with the kiddos... add to that some fitness and we have a perfect Saturday :) Hope everyone has a great one!

Diana3271
11-26-2011, 01:50 PM
ItsMyTurn Great planning and getting it all done! Thank goodness for the weekends, right? That's why I don't like to plan things for the weekend. I like to try to get caught up and maybe do nothing for 5 minutes. ;) Enjoy the time with your little ones and try to get a workout in if time permits. :)

WannaBeLoserAgain
11-26-2011, 03:38 PM
I am checking in. Being accountable will help you lose the weight!

I went out to lunch today with dh, we split a Shaved Prime Rib Sandwich and................I ordered Seasonal Vegetables instead of settling for the Seasoned Fries.

And....water to drink. Total calories 450 for lunch! I did really good! I am so proud of myself! I found out when I got home the number of calories and the gosh awful amount of sodium in the sandwich.

Melissa- I would have lost my mind without the computer, but having a smart phone is just as good.

Larry H
11-26-2011, 06:35 PM
I lost two of the seventeen pounds I gained on Thanksgiving. This leaves 15 lbs to go to get back to where I was. :carrot::carrot:

My DW and I ate lunch at the Golden Corral today and I prepared Pangasius Hypophthalmus fish filets with baked potato and green beans for dinner.

Considering all this I had an amazing calorie count today. 680 calories!!:D:carrot::D I had to double and triple check because I thought I must have missed counting something. Six hundred and eighty calories for lunch and dinner is correct (I did not eat breakfast today). WOW!! :D:D:D

My total sodium is also excellent today at 1412 mg.

Larry,

redballoon
11-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks for all the support, people. It really helps to have people say nice things because then I want to try to not get so down on everything and bother you all more. I don't want to just give up and leave you all alone totally though so I have to try to do things that either get the weight moving downward or at least get my thinking in a better place.

Diana -- Thanks. That is the problem. I cannot deal with calories because I am too busy and when I do I focus on food too much. I am trying to develop habits that give me the same foods every day (with some variation of course) and eyeball things. It has been working and that has been all I could handle. My life is just way too busy and different all the time because I'm mostly freelance. Also, I have been craving salt for some reason and I think that is playing havoc with water retention. I used to exercise a LOT as a part of my life but then got stuck into a desk job because I desperately needed money. So, on top of being very bored and unhappy, my calorie expenditure was drastically reduced. It is all too much to handle for me now. That's why I am in a bad way. Will keep trying to help myself. Everyone around me seems to want to sabotage what I do and there are NO compliments. I never could imagine my situation (if they really understood it) could make someone jealous but appearances are seeming to do just that.

Isabella -- I had to laugh at the description of your abode. Thanks!

ItsMyTurn -- Without wanting to sound "schadenfroh," as in happy about others' misfortunes, I will say that knowing I am "standing in line" with you all made me feel better. Thank you for the kind words. I am doing pretty darn well, but I have nobody to say this to me and that's what makes me so sad and depressed all the time. I will try to give myself some praise more often.

Diana3271
11-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Redballoon I eat a lot of the same things every day. It makes it so much easier for me. The good thing is that I enjoy how I eat, so it works out. I did some calculations originally and now I just work from that. Maybe you can do something similar. It will give you a calorie range to work with. You don't have to do that every day. Sorry about the lack of support. That must be very difficult for you. :hug: Remember, you have to do what's right for you. Keep working your plan. You will get there.

Larry Great job on the 2 pounds! :carrot:

WannaBeLoserAgain Prime rib! :drool: That's one of my favorite meals.

Diana3271
11-26-2011, 08:37 PM
Total Approx 1765 + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (370 Calories)
Hamburger patty 170 calories
Thin Sandwich round 100 calories
lettuce, ketchup, mustard 50 calories
Iced Coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories

Dinner (1030 Calories)
Salad w/light red wine & vinegar dressing 100 calories
garlic bread 130 calories
Spaghetti squash 100 calories
Red Sauce 100 calories
meatballs 250 calories
chocolate cake 350 calories

Exercise
Amy Dixon's Breathless Body

mamakat
11-26-2011, 08:54 PM
after dropping DD off at a bday party I went to the mall (looking for a dumb pillow pet). OK, I hate the mall on a regular day, but on a Saturday after Thanksgiving, that was insane. Never have I had so many strangers touch me :p One time, as I was trying to avoid a giant teenager's flailing arms I really bumped into a man (about my size in height) I nearly knocked the poor guy over. I apologize profusely and explained why I crashed into him. Yikes and I touched him! I swear I'm always saying I'd never touch a stranger and here I did it. It was a reassuring touch on his upper arm, like I was trying to say "sorry" and "I hope you're okay" at the same time. Afterwards, I said that was enough and left...ItsMyTurn...my heart rate was going a mile a minute so I think I got in a great anxiety work out :rofl:

berryblondeboys
11-26-2011, 09:04 PM
My hormones are beginning to go beserk. TTOM. Just get here so I can return to my normal happy self.

Diana3271
11-26-2011, 10:39 PM
DH is watching the Clemson (tigers) and Carolina (gamecocks) football game. DH pulls for Clemson, but Carolina is winning. I have been running around the house crowing like a rooster! :rofl:

mamakat You are a brave woman to attempt the mall! I may not go back to the mall until after the first of the year. :D

Berry Are you ready to kill someone, yet? I hate those crazy TTOM hormones! I hate most people for even existing during that time. :o ETA: I just read the update on your blog. I can totally relate. When I was out and about today, I went past a fried chicken place. I started thinking about if DH wanted to go to one of those places, how would I work it into my plan? I would get one tiny piece of chicken and one bite of potatoes. I would be starving! It's amazing that some people can eat like that every day.

Diana3271
11-27-2011, 08:37 AM

Weigh In: 147.6
No Change

Larry H
11-27-2011, 09:29 AM
A very good morning to all!! :wave:

I have lost another 3 lbs of that 17 lb Thanksgiving gain:D:carrot::D

I have 12 lbs more to lose to get back where I started.

For breakfast I had a serving of plain grits with Butter Buds for 130 calories along with two cups of black coffee made in my Keurig Coffee Maker. Boy as a coffee lover (maybe a fanatic) I sure love that Keurig machine.

It is out to the yard today to setup Christmas decorations and it is a beautiful day for that here in Central Florida. At 9:30 AM it is 70 degrees, calm and it is sunny without a cloud in the sky. We are supposed to hit 81 degrees today.

Sure is different than my native Buffalo, New York.:D

Larry,

Diana3271
11-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Larry Glad to hear that the water is subsiding. ;) I love coffee, too. Enjoy your day and putting up the Christmas decorations.

berryblondeboys
11-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Back to the 21st century! I have internet, cable and phone! Thank goodness for smart phones or we would have gone out of our minds!

And, sadly, I'm up a bit on the scale this morning. 174 seems SO LONG AGO... Will have to change my ticker.

ItsMyTurn
11-27-2011, 10:31 AM
redballoon - I wish I were there in person, would tell you the same - you are doing great ;) Chin up girl and remember you are doing this for YOU :) YOU rock!!!!

Diana - Doing the suppers for us in advance is my only chance to have time to function when I get home from work at night :lol: This way I can throw supper in the oven or on stove to warm while I work out, yet my family of 5 is still fed and taken care of :D I don't usually have a lot of plans either - probably a good thing. Not sure how I would fit in the added cooking with plans too, although I do use the crock pot too. The roast was cooking in that yesterday while I was working on making turkey stew :)

Mamakat - I am so proud of you!!!!! LOL! I love Black Friday... admittedly so - the thrill of the hunt for the deal. But later from that, I actually have claustrophobia and crowds bother me (I know, makes no sense). But to have you get to the point where you even did a reassuring touch to a strange guy... that is impressive! Look at all the stuff you have done the last month! I am so happy for you!!! It's been hard, but you have DONE it!!! YAY!!!!! Seriously so happy for you...and the workout of heart rate ;) :lol:

Melissa - Sorry about those hormones, hopefully not out of whack for too long for ya

Larry - Great job picking away at the Thanksgiving weight!!!

As for me - Scale finally gave a bit! :O I am finally down today!!! So close to the new decade, yet it seems like this turtle pace thing has made that distance to the new decade seem so much farther away :lol: I will get there though... I am stubborn like that ;) Totally been on plan, and did a ton of dancing and such while cooking and hanging with kids. Had some errands to do too which involved quite a bit of walking, and then youngest DD had a friend stay the night - which meant more activity to keep them both in check, :lol: I didn't log in my activity yesterday, but sure I did enough to make an impact :D Hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend!!!

dana813
11-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Good morning, everyone!

I weighed in today for the first time since Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving morning, I was at 231. Today, I'm at 232.8. I'm a little annoyed. Oh well, it's not terrible and I know weight can fluctuate daily anyways. Hoping to be at 230 when I weigh again in next Sunday.

Diana3271
11-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Berry Welcome back! :lol: I wouldn't change my ticker. Give it a few more days.

ItsMyTurn Great job on the scale moving for you! :carrot: I hear about a lot of people cooking for the next week. There was a program on the food channel about this. The host would cook one day for the entire week. It's a great idea, especially if you have a busy lifestyle.

Dana Hi and Welcome to the check-in. :wave: Your body is probably holding onto some water weight. I ate off plan Thanksgiving day. I have been on plan ever since. I am still holding onto the water weight. It will take a few days to get rid of it.

ItsMyTurn
11-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Diana - I haven't had to do cooking ahead in over 3 yrs because DH would cook when I was getting home late... adjustments to him working again. It actually saves us money too though, and makes the day easier. I did homemade cake doughnuts yesterday for the family too - so the kids are all set to have that and a piece of fruit for breakfast. Those were not on my initial plan to make, but they were asking for a breakfast food and did not feel like wresting with pancakes (and didn't have all the ingredients which would mean ANOTHER store run...nope, lol).

I am feeling real good. Got on the scale again today to insure that plateau break was official, to find I was down another .4! So close to another decade, such a tease that scale is! Back to work today though...and I think having 4 days (instead of my normal 2) where I wasn't having to sit on my bum for 9 hrs/day at work may have been what helped that plateau. I was still working out during work days after I would get out, but think maybe the body was used to that being the routine? Who knows, not arguing it though :) Have a super day all!!!

Diana3271
11-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Itsmyturn Great job on breaking that plateau! Keep up the awesome work!

New thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/247729-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-11-27-a.html

WannaBeLoserAgain
11-29-2011, 05:49 AM
Checking in... Everyone is doing great to get pass the Thanksgiving weight. I weighed in and no change, I am stuck at 167, I did see 166 the other day.

I am not afraid at changing my ticket if I drop a pound within 1-2 days.