Weight Loss Support - Big dinner= increased hunger?

View Full Version : Big dinner= increased hunger?

twinieten
11-20-2011, 09:15 AM
I went out last night and had a big dinner and a couple of glasses of wine.

I'm up, killing time before I have to leave for work, and I'm starving! I'm usually not hungry for breakfast at all.

Does that ever happen to anyone else, when it seems like they are hungrier after a big meal than if they ate a regular or smaller meal? If this is a preview, it's going to be a loooong day!

Diana3271
11-20-2011, 09:18 AM
I will have issues if there are a lot of carbs or sugar involved with the bigger meal. The other thing is the alcohol. It will turn me into an eating machine. No kidding! I haven't had any alcohol since figuring this out.

seagirl
11-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Have some oatmeal or some eggs. Don't skip breakfast. If you have a high fiber or high protein breakfast (no fruit or white flour, too much sugar after that dinner) you should be fine the rest of the day.

popspry
11-20-2011, 10:27 AM
A restaurant meal or HUGE dinner (like a family get-together yes) but typically not. I try to eat on the lower end of my calories the day after a big meal though (so say 1200 instead of my usual 1400-1500) to account for less hunger.

ShanIAm
11-21-2011, 09:54 AM
I will have issues if there are a lot of carbs or sugar involved with the bigger meal. The other thing is the alcohol. It will turn me into an eating machine. No kidding! I haven't had any alcohol since figuring this out.

This is what does it to me too. The more carbs and alcohol involved, the quicker I feel hungry again. And if I ate that much then mentally I am thinking, "You already blew it today so just keep eating".

Thighs Be Gone
11-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Yes, I can report the same. If I eat high, crap carbs at dinner time I know I will wake up famished in the morning.

kirsteng
11-21-2011, 12:16 PM
For me it's more a question of what time I had the big meal. If I ate later (say 7pm or after), then I wake up STARVING. If it's earlier, it's not usually a problem (maybe more time to burn it off before bed?).

I've also noticed that if I go to bed hungry (ie stomach rumbling a little), then I'm not hungry in the morning. But if I have a bedtime snack (even just a piece of cheese), then I wake up hungry. It's weird. :dizzy: