Old 11-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #1  
Less of a Better Me

Default UK Program Changes

As many may have noticed, program changes often come out in the UK before they come out in the US. I know we have had some threads here wondering about what changes we can expect here in December.

The UK site has been updated with information about the changes:

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/util...3&art_id=53691

Some of the changes we already do in the US (allowing use of activity points on a daily basis and allowing using them before WP). And it is possible changes could be done in the UK and not here. Still, I am expecting most of these here:

The most important quote from the UK site:

Quote:
Over the past year we’ve been monitoring the real-life experiences of our members. And, as a result, we’ve found it’s possible to reduce the minimum daily ProPoints allowance slightly from 29 to 26 ProPoints values with no adverse impact on health and weight loss. This reduced minimum still allows for a safe rate of weight loss, without compromising flexibility or room to satisfy the recommended intake of vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients.
From reading the UK message boards and the stuff on the front page I gather the primary changes:

1. If you were at 29 points you are automatically dropped to as low as 26 points (I'm not sure if this is for everyone or just for the people posting). I think some may have only dropped to 27 or 28. However, you can go in and set your points at 27, 28 or 29 if you want to.

2. If you are at a higher number of points you can reduce your points by up to 3. So if you were at 40 you could set it anywhere between 37 and 40. I'm not sure if everyone is automatically reduced by 3 or if you have to go and set it yourself. I think you set it yourself. But this isn't in the link so the people reporting this on the board could be wrong about people with higher points.

3. You can go in online and set your weekly points anywhere between 0 and 49 points.

4. You can do simply filling on a daily basis rather than on a minimum of 1 week basis.

5. Fruit is still zero points. However, some on the boards have indicated that they have had some leaders tell them that in the meeting during this week it will be announced that bananas now have points. However, others on the boards dispute this so I don't know which is correct.

I basically like the changes. I will be changing to 26. My leader had suggested it to me a few weeks ago and I've been doing it most of the time but a little frustrated at not being able to change it online.

Also, I usually eat about 20 to 25 WP. Rarely I will eat more but I really do better if I don't eat more than 20 to 25. I usually just keep a mental note on it but I like the idea of being able to program in that I only want to use 25 or whatever.

Last edited by Koshka; 11-19-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

I think making bananas count would go a long way toward fixing the complaints against the free fruit thing. Interesting about the point decrease!
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:49 AM   #3  
LOSING THE BABY WEIGHT!!

S/C/G: 276.2/273/160

Height: 5'8"

I had to start counting all my fruit.... one because i have so many points that i wasnt able to reach them at all... im supposed to use 43 points a day.... which is hard and i found myself aimlessly eating at night to try to get all my points in... plus i love fruit, and well fruit no matter what has a lot of carbs in it, which to me is my downfall.... i've been losing weight super slow on the Points plus system...i did points system 3 years ago and lost at a nice rate..... but i feel i get to many calories in with my 43 points.... so my question is, will i get to drop 3 off my total too with the new changes or is it only once you get to 29? i weigh in tomorrow morning and very curious to see if me counting my fruit as actual points will help me lose more weight!
josiesmom2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

josiesmom ... you think think about joining the tracker posting thread. If you are losing slowly and what help figuring out why, posting your trackers daily might be a good start to it!

I've never found myself eating so much fruit that I need to count it, mostly because when I eat more fruit than is allowed I haven't eaten carbs or dairy that day and it evens out.
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:27 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Hmm... interesting changes! I know we just have to "wait & see", but at least we're getting a glimpse.

Thanks for the link, Koshka!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:37 PM   #6  
Less of a Better Me

Also they appear to be letting you do an assessment (I think a questionnaire) to allow you to set a specific activity goal.

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/Temp...pageid=1230662

I've been reading about people on the UK WW boards who weighed in on Sunday to see if anyone mentioned anything else but didn't see anything else new. Specifically, I didn't see anyone say anything about bananas being charged points so I am thinking those who speculated on that were wrong but I guess it will be more clear in the days ahead.

Also now on the US site they are referring a little bit to changes but make it clear that zero point fruit is not changing.

http://community.weightwatchers.com/...readID=1523608

Last edited by Koshka; 11-20-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 152/148.5/125

Height: 5"2'

I'm really happy about the 3 point reduction from 29. I aim to eat around 26 PP's per day anyway, but I still don't feel as if I'm going over if I eat 29, since the online tool still says 29.
mcorbesato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

Man, I don't know how I'm going to manage on 26 pts. It's been months since I've been at 29, and I still have to fight myself daily not to snack on additional pts because I'm still so hungry. But it's also been months since I've been stuck between 185- 189 lbs, so I guess I'll try it out. Just... after Thanksgiving.

Last edited by girlsenberry; 11-22-2011 at 08:05 PM.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote