Weight Loss Support - Who wants to lose 15 pounds before January 1st!

MsThickMiddle
11-18-2011, 10:50 PM
I want to kick the New Year off right!!! I'd love to be down to 175 before the New Year.

Any body game?

6 Weeks till New Years Day!

Thats about 2.5 pounds each week - doable?

chocolateluv
11-18-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm game! Let's do it! I'm tired of having that always be my goal.

Lambiechop
11-18-2011, 11:31 PM
I'm trying to get under 200 by New Year's so 15 lbs would do it. I'm in!

dazzlemee
11-18-2011, 11:32 PM
Count me in! My stats are as follows:
Current Weight:191
Goal Weight: 150
Height: 5'10
I am currently eating anywhere between 1200-1300 calories a day faithfully, and exercising every now and then. I've been doing some walking, but plan to start a more regular routine. My weigh in days are Sundays. 15 pounds by January is definitely doable! We just have to keep each other motivated...

lbeden
11-19-2011, 08:10 AM
I'm game!!

berryblondeboys
11-19-2011, 08:18 AM
I want to be at 175 (or lower) by January 1st too - actually by December 10th and then I want to KEEP it at or below 175 until January 1st... See how optimistic I am about getting to 175 and keeping it there? Despite being good and chugging along all year? There are just TONS of obstacles between now and then - Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christmas, a couple parties and New Year's eve (following Jan 1st there is Orthodox Christmas Eve and Christmas and my husband's birthday Jan 6th and 7th).

So... I want to get to 175 or lower by January 1st - just 1.4 pounds!!! That's all I want!!!

Aislynn
11-19-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm in! Let's keep each other motivated and we WILL able to do it!

Ryler832
11-19-2011, 11:16 PM
I only have 12 lbs to go but I'm in. I want to be at goal for New Years.

Kahokkuri
11-20-2011, 02:54 AM
I've been losing incredibly slowly the whole way because I'm not as strict as I could be about my calorie intake, but my New Year's goal is 174lbs, so I'll keep my eye on the prize!

CW: 188.5lbs
GW: 174lbs

X Lexi X
11-20-2011, 05:12 AM
I definately want to be under 175 for new years too, i weighed in yesterday at 181.4

Eirenne
11-20-2011, 05:26 AM
I am in! Can't wait to get to 100s. Current weight 202 lbs :D

Lori Bell
11-20-2011, 09:01 AM
I'm in. OMG, I suck right now and I have to do something drastic right now or I'm in deep trouble. On Wednesday morning (the 16th) I weighed 142.6, today, after 4 days of pretty much non-stop eating I am at 153. I think that is the highest I have ever gotten since I started maintaince.

Probably the first 5ish will come off quickly, (if I stick to it) so that might not be fair in this challenge, but the next 5 will be harder, and the last five which will put me just under the 140's to 138 will be nearly impossible for me. I've tried for months to get back to 138 and always give up.

I feel awful, bloated, gassy, and have PMS from h#ll. I feel like I can't breath and my fingers feel like giant sausages. My body feels like a furnance and I'm buring up, were I'm usually cold.

On Tuesday I was feeling all skinny and I bought a new skirt for church today, (and Thanksgiving), and it probably won't even zip up. Oh how I suck today. :(

April Snow
11-20-2011, 10:01 AM
I'm in too.

I gained 10.2 lbs in 10 days from being sick and on meds and having to eat carbs to tolerate the meds. I got to 209 as a high and in 3 days back on plan, I was down to 203.8 this morning.

I want to lose the 5 lbs to get back to my current low of 198.8 and then I'd love to lose another 10 beyond that by the end of the year. Although I'll be ecstatic if I can get to 191 as that is both my third 10% goal plus it puts me into the overweight BMI category.

I've got a couple of super stressful days coming up but after that, I should be able to get back to daily workouts to try to make sure I do my best to try to meet this goal by the end of the year!

nmgirl
11-20-2011, 10:03 AM
im in.. i havent been able to get motivated to do anything.. so im currently 185-190 last time i weighed myself. i weigh myself once a week on mondays when i go to my friends im hoping to loose at least 10 lbs HOPEFULLY 15 by the time new years comes around.. im gonna start doing portions and look at calorie intake my biggest weekeness is rolls and cookies 0.o uh oh lol but i can do it WE ALL CAN DO IT :)

chocolateluv
11-20-2011, 10:49 AM
we can do it, what happened in the past is in the past.

We are all here to make a fresh go of it! I definitely struggle with cookies and binged yesterday afternoon after being exhausted from writing a paper. However, when I went out last night I felt horrible about my body.

I want to feel good when I dance. I want to feel like me. This is for us!

One day at a time, one meal at a time, one bit at a time.

Post whenever but we can all get through this! In the long term these next few weeks will help us overall become happier people.

Thighs Be Gone
11-20-2011, 11:01 AM
I am signing on Ladies and giving my word. My goal is -10. I know I can enjoy the holidays so much more if I am IN control and not eating myself into oblivion.

Thanks for starting the thread. Can we keep it going and stay in touch regarding our progress?

X Lexi X
11-20-2011, 02:20 PM
hi ladies,
its weigh in day for me tomorow, so I shall let you all know how i get on.
i went to the gym this morning, I didn't do much just 175cals on the cross trainer and then a weight session. its not great in terms of calorie burn but its better than nothing.

my task for this week (in addition to two university assignments I have due in!) is to go through a load of magazines I have just bought and cut out all the pictures that inspire me to lose weight and make a collage, - think Im going to put it up in the spare bedroom, where my fitball, dumbell and pilates bench live - then i'll have to use them too!

sontaikle
11-20-2011, 04:08 PM
I would love to be at my goal weight by January. I'm not sure what it is, but I think it might be somewhere in the range of 130-133.

I can't commit to -15 because that's more than I need to lose, but I would like to lose 7-10 pounds before January. I don't know if that's realistic, but it certainly would be nice!

Steph7409
11-20-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm in. I'm hovering in the high 170s and would love to be at 165 by year end. My loss has really slowed down, though, so I'm not sure I'll make it. I've been feeling a bit weak-willed so a challenge will help!

amandie
11-21-2011, 02:17 AM
I'm in- I need more challenges and more motivation especially with the holidayhs coming up! I weighed 180 the other morning but was 183 something this morning- hoping that's just water weight from sodium laden food. I would be soo happy to be in the low 170s or even high 160s at the end of the year!

CW- 180
GW by Jan 1st- 166 or less.

LisaTcan
11-21-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm in, I don't think I can actually lose 15 by Jan. 1st..which would put me at my goal. But i'd like to lose 7lb by Dec. 10th and then maintain that until Jan. 1st - the same idea as berryblondboys

Current weight 141
By Jan 1st 135
Goal weight 125

KaeLynnB
11-21-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm in! I have exactly 10 to lose!!! That would put me at 200 and my high school weight! I can't wait!!! the extra 5 would just be icing on the cake!!

forloveofself
11-21-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm in! I'm a bit scared at the moment because I was doing well until this week, and now i'm off target by 2lbs for the first time.
I count calories (1300 -1500 a day) and walk almost every day 1 to 2.5 miles

Lost 14lbs
16lbs to go
Goal wt 167 by Jan 7th

tessilette
11-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Count me in! I've wanted to get down to 170 by my birthday (which is December 30th) and I'm kinda dragging. Maybe this is the push i need to get back on track with my weight loss. :)

Melfuchsia
11-21-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm in! 15 pounds by the beginning of 2012!

chocolateluv
11-21-2011, 07:56 PM
alright, so I said I was in...but as usual I took a major back step with the help of peanut butter and some muffins. Ugh. I forgot how hard it is to control myself when I'm exhausted.

This is going to be hard for me.

amandie
11-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Aw, Chocolateluv- it happens!! Don't beat yourself up too much over it. I was off track today as well with a couple of chicken wings for lunch then recently had a salty craving so I had some chips (measured out though, not just mindlessly eating from the bag like I used to, lol.) Ugh, I think TOM is coming for me or something. I'm just gonna do an hour on the elliptical tomorrow to somewhat offset the calories.

Steph- I just noticed you and I basically have the same challenge goal, we can do it! :)

maui girl
11-21-2011, 11:05 PM
i would love to be down 15lbs by new years, but how my body just won't let go of the weight. i am 167 down from 170 but that took like three weeks. help!!:^::?:

amandie
11-21-2011, 11:28 PM
maui_girl- That's actually pretty good considering that is a 1lb a week!! Keep going and you'll be there in no time!

Lori Bell
11-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Okay, so I made it 1 day totally, perfectly on plan, (pop). I ate around 1250 calories and plan to continue that on most days. However on Turkey Day, Christmas Eve/Day I will stick to a MAX of 2500 for those 3 days only... If I actually get to my challenge goal I'm going to kick my daily calories back up to 1800/day and maintain. Day 1 down, day 2 ready to begin.

I WILL NOT be a regainer. I CAN'T go through being overweight/obese ever again. I'm stronger than food, and I have the control.

Icey21
11-22-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm in!

chocolateluv
11-22-2011, 12:13 PM
great job Lori Bell!

You can do it-we are stronger than our urges and the holidays will be more enjoyable when we are in control!

We can do this!

I worked out this morning and felt motivated to stay healthy. Go today!

jenjen
11-22-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm in. I would love to be in the 180s by New Year's!!!

sontaikle
11-22-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm actually pretty nervous about the holidays, it's what derailed me when I began last time.

I think I should be ok though, when I lost 8 pounds in December I had a completely different mindset than I do now.

I have to look at the bright side though, I stayed at 192 pounds until I started up again in May.

My mindset in December was kind of hilarious actually. I was worried about gaining weight over Christmas, so I thought: "If I lose weight before and gain back to where I was, it'll be ok!" :joker:

I'm glad I managed to keep it off and then start up again and end up where I am now :) Hopefully I don't suffer any relapses.

forloveofself
11-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Keep going everyone, we can make great strides if not all 15lbs. :hug:

Trying to keep to weekly weigh in's to Saturday mornings so I don't make myself crazy when I don't see a daily change.
Plan to go sort of Atkins (meat and veggies only, no gravy or carbs, lots of water) just for Turkey Day. I think I can manage that, so counting calories should be easier for that day.
Doing well so far, but feel bloated. Upped my fibre intake yesterday (Benefibre)to flush out system, so waiting for that to happen. Know i will feel better after "toxic" feeling over weekend. :(
:carrot:Mild but good exercise today. Waiting for the hunters to leave our woods to resume 2-3 mile walk with puppy.

Mini goal: 8 lbs by December 24th.
S/C/G 193/182.5/167 final in 2012 155

joltyness
11-22-2011, 03:40 PM
I'll be happy as a clam if I can get out of the 160s by the end of the year.

I will probably have the least difficulty keeping weight off out of everyone here because I'm spending most of the holidays alone. :(

Lori Bell
11-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Day 2 pop...yay success. Day 3 starting off well. Like I predicted the first 5 pounds of my enormous 4 day gain is gone. (-1 extra!) The next few (days and pounds) will be hard with Thanksgiving thrown in the mix but I can do this.

I will NEVER be a fat chick again. NO WAY, I can't handle it. :)

I'm off work today, and I plan on working my tail off at home with cleaning, cooking and laundry. Getting all things done so tomorrow I can enjoy time with my family.

Come on Chickies...lets look HOT by New Years! ;)

chocolateluv
11-23-2011, 11:06 AM
I did well yesterday, went to the gym and worked hard. Overcame my afternoon binge cravings and am looking forward to continuing the trend today.

Lets go everyone!!

I just keep thinking New Years, New Years, New Years!!

Have a happy and healthy day everyone!

chocolateluv
11-23-2011, 01:07 PM
ugh. I'm posting because i know this will help me stop.

just binged. although, not to the point that I'm sick and I'm going the gym.

set back-again. however, i feel that posting will help me get over this.

two steps forward, one step back...at least I'm moving forward.

ledom
12-03-2011, 01:49 PM
I am posting late on this thread. My goal is to be 4 lbs. lighter on Jan. 1st than I am today (12/3/11). About a pound a week. November includes my birthday and Thanksgiving of course. Maybe my expectations are too low, but I am thrilled to say that I weigh a pound less than before those two holidays. I just want to come out of the season weighing less than I went into it. I am combating any extras I might encounter food wise with extra hiking and activity. And then watch out summer because it is going to be pedal to the metal.

LisaTcan
12-03-2011, 05:33 PM
So i'm down to 138, so far my goal of 135 by new years is going pretty well!

RicecakeEater
12-04-2011, 12:27 AM
I am in! I haven't lost weight now for about a month and a half. I really need something to focus on. I just hope I can lost at least one or two lbs this month. :(

forloveofself
12-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Hello Everyone,
I finally showed a 1.5 lb loss yesterday, so 3lbs behind where I'd hoped to be when I started this journey. But that's okay, I'll take it! My mini goal was to lose 8 lbs by Dec 24th. Now I can say one down, seven to go. I hope this coming week will be better. I know i'm doing my best right now.

Best wishes everyone.

Lori Bell
12-08-2011, 11:23 AM
I haven't reported in on this 15 pound challenge for awhile, so I wanted to give an update on my progress. Hopefully everyone else is working this as hard as I am...I would love for us ALL to have met our goals for the New Year.

To recap...I had hovered between 140-143 all summer, (actually for 2 years), then I had a 4 day total relapse and binged like there was no tomorrow and gained 10+ pounds. I committed to get it off plus a little cushion. Since the day I recommitted I have had 2 days were I ate over my planned calories. Thanksgiving Day I pretty much ate all day, and then one other day last week I had kind of a controlled binge of sorts, but restored sanity before things got too out of hand. So as of today I've manage to shed all of the "crazy" pounds and am in my "goal zone",. THANK GOD! (Seriously, I thank Him!)

Now the REAL work begins. Getting through 2 dinner parties, a road trip, and the holidays w/ a few more parties...And still managing to drop 3 pounds.

Think I need to ditch the scale for awhile, those low numbers somehow trick me into thinking I deserve to eat choclate. :)

I would love to hear of everyone else's progress.

jenjen
12-08-2011, 11:42 AM
I really overindulged Thanksgiving weekend and didn't get back on track until this past Monday when I was up to 205 (UGH!!!!) So, I don't see the 180s by Jan 1st in the cards, but that's okay.

I read "Eat to Live" over Thanksgiving and decided to give that a try (vegan diet). Since Monday, I've lost 5 pounds and gotten back down to 200. I know a lot of it is water weight, but I can tell a difference in my clothes fitting the way they should. I'm hoping to keep this way of eating up until Christmas. I don't know that I can handle a truly vegan diet after that, but I know I need to focus on less processed foods and more fruits & vegetables.

At this point, I'm hoping to be in the low to mid 190s by New Year's.

imnotperfect24
12-08-2011, 02:18 PM
My first mini goal is 15lbs.. I think If I give myself a time limit it might help me. And I need a lot of help. Im in.

Weight in: 315

Lucinda
12-08-2011, 11:45 PM
I also want to lose some weight I got some geat advice at dietsthatworkgood.com

MsThickMiddle
12-12-2011, 05:06 PM
So glad you all are down for some hard work. I posted this a few weeks back and for some reason couldn't find the dern thing till just now. Just after I posted this I got some pretty shocking medical news. I have heart disease! Being told this has made me step up and really take charge of my health. I eat less workout more, heck I even joined a gym and have ACTUALLY WENT! 5/7 days so far. I haven't lost any weight but I do feel better.