PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #1  

Default First post -hi and a question.

Hi! I was just told I might have PCOS due to a high androgen and prolactin level. At the same time, I found out that my fasting insulin was high. My question is about the insulin resistance - I am thirsty all the time, and that's a symptom, right? Will it go away once I reduce carbs and sugar in my diet? Thanks for reading and I look forward to getting to know you guys.
Firelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Yes, it kind of sounds like you have PCOS.

Whether it will go away based on your carbs/sugar intake, it all depends on your body. A doctor might be better suited to tell you how your body is. Have you considered going to someone and getting a glucose tolerance test and an official diagnosis?
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I still consider myself IR even though my endoc told my that looking at my labs you could not tell I was PCOS/IR any more.

I know that if I wasn't watching the diet it would pop up again. So I call it "under control" rather than "gone."

HTH!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote