Old 11-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #1  

Default Thanksgiving Ideal Protein Recipes!!!

Holiday Recipes:

MASHED ‘POTATOES
1 head of fresh cauliflower
Onion powder
Garlic powder
REALSALT (Sea salt), to taste
½ - 1 packet of Ideal Protein Leek soup or Ideal Protein Chicken soup
Optional: Wasabi Powder (to taste – gives it a zing!)
Optional: 1-2 tsp. UDO’s Oil or Olive Oil
Steam (preferred) or boil the cauliflower until it is very, very soft. Drain the water (if boiled). Add the seasonings (be creative) and add ½ -1 packet of any of the soup mixes (to taste). Add UDO’s or Olive Oil and mash well - serve steaming hot

SAUCE / GRAVY
Pour 6.5 oz. (200 ml) of hot (not boiling) water into a bowl. Add one packet of Ideal Protein Chicken Soup or Leek Soup and mix with a mixer or hand mixer. Serve over vegetables and/or meat.
Add more or less water depending on how thick you prefer the sauce.

CUSTARD
2 Butterscotch IP Pudding
2 Vanilla IP Pudding
1 Egg white
Dash of Real Salt
Pumpkin Pie Spice + Nutmeg (To Taste)
Bake 20 minutes 350 Degrees / Chill

GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
Ingredients:
3 Packets IP Mushroom Soup
12 Oz. Veggie Broth (The water for the soup) 1 ½ teaspoon Bragg Liquid Aminos
2 Containers of sliced mushrooms ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon Real Salt (Mix of Onion & Garlic)
3-5 cloves of garlic (minced)
1-2 teaspoons Olive Oil, 8 cups cooked cut green beans, 2 Packets of ground sea salt vinegar ridges.
½ Red Onion
½ teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Fresh or spice Dill
IP Garlic & onion soy nuts

TIP: 2 bags (16 to 20 ounces) frozen green beans, 4 packages (9 ounces each) frozen green beans or about 3 pounds fresh green beans.
Slice Onion into rings and spread minced garlic, some salt, dill with olive oil over onions. Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 300 (just to soften them)
If using fresh green beans slightly steam for 3-5 minutes to soften.
Soup Mix - Stir the soup, veggie broth &/or water, Braggs, black pepper, beans, other spices, some mushroom slices – mix in blender.
In 3-quart casserole dish mix the green beans, mushrooms, 1 package of crushed IP garlic & onion nuts and soup mix. Then top off with the rings of slightly cooked red onions and 1 package of crushed IP garlic & onion nuts
Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Ready to serve. Optional – Mix before serving

IP SPICED CHAI TEA
8-12 Ounces Water
1 Bengal Spice Tea Bag
1 Cinnamon Stick (Optional)
1-4 Oz. IP Ready-Made Vanilla (To Flavor)
1-2 teaspoons WF Marshmallow Dip

Heat Water in tea kettle. Pour 8-12 ounces of heated water into cup with 1 Bengal Spice tea bag and cinnamon stick – steep for 2-4 minutes or, to desired strength. Remove tea bag. Stir in IP Ready-Made Vanilla – use cinnamon stick as stirring stick. Optional – Add

STUFFING
Ingredients:
2 cups of your favorite vegetables chopped up in food processor
½ cup of diced mushrooms
3 egg whites
1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
1 tsp Redmond’s Real Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
8 – 16 oz water
1 -2 TBS Braggs
IP packets:
1 – Chicken Soup
1 – Oatmeal
Optional 1 – Garlic and Onion Soy Nuts
Optional Seasoning:
Rosemary, Basil, Thyme and/or Garlic

Prepare Oatmeal Biscuits (Page 69 – Volume 2 Ideal Protein Healthy Recipes):
Beat 1 egg white then stir the IP Oatmeal packet until mixed thoroughly. Add 2oz. water until batter is thin and spoon able – but not runny. You may want to add a tsp of poultry seasoning or other seasoning of your choice. Spoon batter onto a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 400 for about 10 min. or until golden brown. Once biscuits are cooled tear up and let dry out an hour or two.
In a mixing bowl put dried oatmeal biscuits, seasonings, chopped veggies, mushrooms and Braggs. (if desired, add your IP soy nuts) Mix and set aside. In your blender bottle or other mixer, mix 8 oz of water with your IP Chicken Soup mix well (more water maybe needed). Add two egg whites to soup mix. Mix well then pour over veggie/biscuit mix stir (should be a moist mixture) and then place in an olive oil sprayed casserole dish. Cook about 20 min at 350.

CRANBERRY RELISH
FYI - Cranberries are technically not Phase 1 approved but tis the season and can be used for that special holiday “Day”.
Ingredients:
1 cup water
1 cup fresh whole cranberries
4 celery sticks chopped
½ cup chives chopped
½ cup chopped zucchini
6 mint leafs
1 tsp Orange zest
1 IP Raspberry Jello packet
3 tsp Walden Farms Raspberry Jelly
1 tsp Xylitol
Boil the cranberries in the 1 cup of water for about 5 min. Pour the water off into a cup should be about 5 oz. of liquid and still warm. Put the IP Raspberry Jelly Packet into it and mix well. Pour into a bowl and put in the ice box to setup.
Chop together cranberries, celery, chives, zucchini, mint leafs and orange zest chop in a food processor or by hand. Mix in with Xylitol and Walden Farms Raspberry Jelly into the Jelly mix cooling in the ice box add the cranberries and the vegetables and mix together.
Let cool in bowl and then serve with celery sticks or flax seed crackers.

DEVILED EGGS
Hard Boiled Eggs – Cut in Half
Mix the yokes with Walden Farms – Mayo, Redmond’s Onion Salt and Mustard (To Taste). Mix and spoon back into the egg halves.
Optional – Garnish with a sprinkle of Paprika

THE NEW COOKBOOK IS ALSO AMAZING "MY IDEAL RECIPES" BY CHEF VERATI
LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN IT.
Beingmyidealme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

My question regarding the stuffing and the mashed "potatoes,": Would that count as your snack and your vegetables? Say, you have one cup of the cauliflower and one cup of the stuffing. I'm just worried on how I would record that in my food journal. Does anyone know?
IPbeginnerNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #3  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPbeginnerNOLA View Post
My question regarding the stuffing and the mashed "potatoes,": Would that count as your snack and your vegetables? Say, you have one cup of the cauliflower and one cup of the stuffing. I'm just worried on how I would record that in my food journal. Does anyone know?
The entire recipe for the mashed cauli is probably 2 veggies & 1/2 a packet (unless you use the entire soup packet). You could probably substitute fat free chicken broth, so you don't use an IP packet.

For the gravy measure how much it yields after its done, then just measure out 1/2 of it which will be a 1/2 packet.

The 2 items combined would be 1 packet substitution.

LizRR has a puree recipe that is only made with veggies, no packets. That might be a better option, so you don't have to use a packet.

You can then save your packets for making deserts
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #4  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Saving, thanks!
stargirl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #5  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

PUMPKIN-FREE PUMPKIN PIE (IP Butterscotch Pudding): Enjoy the delicious taste of Pumpkin Pie in either a thick pudding or a creamy iced frappacino. Perfect for the holidays...or any day! The Butterscotch & spices really do taste like you are cheating with the real thing.

Ingredients:

1 packet IP Butterscotch Pudding

16 oz (2 cups) cold water for drink / 8 oz (1 cup) cold water for pudding

1 packet Truvia, Splenda or other sweetener

1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice

(You can make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice by mixing

•1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

•1/4 teaspoons ground ginger

•1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

•1/8 teaspoon ground allspice)

Ice (if making drink)

Directions:

1. In a blender, add water, butterscotch pudding, spices and sweetener.

2. Blend.

3. If making a drink, add 3-4 ice cubes.

4. Pour into cup or glass and sprinkle a little more pumpkin pie spice on top.

NOTE: Torani & Da Vinci both make sugar-free pumpkin syrups
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #6  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Default "Gravy"

Braised Celery, Mushroom, & Garlic Puree

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 lb mushrooms
4 ribs celery
4 cloves garlic
EVOO
Spices - sea salt, black pepper, thyme, rosemary, sage, etc.
Chicken Broth

1. Lightly spray a sautee pan with EVOO
1. Chop celery in thin slices, place in sautee pan, cooking at medium heat ~5-8 minutes until they start turning transclucent
2. While the celery is sauteeing, wash & thinly slice the mushrooms, add to the sautee pan
3. Dice the garlic, add to the pan, and allow to brown slightly while adding your spices to taste
4. Add Chicken Broth to just barely cover vegetables and allow to simmer over low heat ~10 minutes
5. Pour into a blender and puree until smooth, add spices to taste

*I use this as 'gravy' over my meat as well as a soup thickener.
*Recently I roasted a turkey and after chilling and skimming the fat from the pan drippings I added this puree and everyone
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #7  

Default Mashed Fauxtatoes

Roasted Cauliflower, Celery, & Garlic Puree

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 head Cauliflower
4 ribs Celery
4-6 cloves Garlic
EVOO
Spices (sea salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, etc)
1c Chicken Broth

Preheat oven to 350degrees
1. Rough chop the Cauliflower florets, chop the stems more fine, and chop the Celery in ~2" pieces, leave the garlic in the shell (they will roast inside themselves)
2. Place veggies on cookie sheet, spray with EVOO, sprinkle with spices
3. Roast for ~30minutes until the cauliflower florets start to brown
4. Blend veggies with ~1 cup Chicken Broth and additional spices to taste

*Otherwise known as Mashed 'Fauxtatoes'
*I add this as a soup thickener A LOT - makes it a very hearty, thick bowl!
*Also, I've added this to the IP Potato Puree with some chopped veggies for 'Baked Croquettes'
*The celery adds a light/no flavor to this puree, you can omit if desired - I add it for a lighter touch of veggies to the 'carbier' cauliflower
Old 11-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #8  

Default "Cranberry" Jelly

Rhubarb Jam

1 bag frozen Rhubarb ~4c chopped (or fresh when in season)
2 tbsp WF Strawberry Spread
1 envelope Knox Unflavored Gelatin
1 cup Water

1. Place frozen Rhubarb in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 5 minutes.
2. Stir with fork, add 2 tbsp WF Strawberry Spread, Knox Gelatin, 1 cup water.
3. Microwave an additional 2 minutes, mash with fork/blend with immersion/puree in blender/etc until desired consistency. Add additional WF Strawberry Spread if desired.
4. Let set in the fridge.

*I always have a bowl of this in the fridge for 'sweet tooth emergencies' - it is a PERFECT fruit fix!
*The gelatin gives it a 'jelly' texture and a collagen boost as well - great for the skin!
*One envelope Knox Unflavored Gelatin adds ~24 calories from 6g protein
*This can be added to puddings, smoothies, IP ice cream, Crispy Cereal Pancakes, Waffles - anywhere where a fruit addition would be appropriate
Old 11-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #9  

Default "Pumpkin Pie"

Sweet Fauxtato Pie

Ingredients:
2 cups Rutabaga
+2 Eggs + 2 Egg Whites
1/2 packet Knox Gelatin <--adds 12 calories, all from 3g protein (collagen)
2-4 tbsp Sweetener (Splenda/Stevia/WF Pancake Syrup/etc)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Optional: 1/2 cup unsweetened Almond Milk <--adds 15 calories, 1g fat/.5g carb/.5g protein

Directions:
1. Wrap Rutabaga in aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 375 degrees ~1.5 hours.
2. In mixing bowl, add Egg Whites only and sprinkle in Gelatin, allow to dissolve ~1 minute.
3. In blender/food processor, add cooked, peeled Rutabaga and optional Almond Milk (or water) - puree until VERY smooth ~2 minutes - allow to cool slightly.
4. In mixing bowl - add Rutabaga puree, Sweetener, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Vanilla, and Eggs to the Egg Whites & Gelatin - mix ingredients thoroughly. Taste and adjust Sweetener accordingly.
5. Pour mixture into ramekin and bake at 350 degrees for ~45 minutes, until custard is set (doesn't 'jiggle in the middle' when you shake it).
6. Remove from oven, allow to cool - additional chilling will help it set, in the fridge/freezer ~30 minutes.

*This was awesome - it turned into a great custard, dessert.
+The new Phase 1 Sheet dated 6/12/2012 now lists 4 Eggs + 2 Egg Whites as an appropriate 8oz protein replacement, so adjust accordingly: http://www.idealtogo.com/Library/Fase%201%20-%20ITG.pdf *This counts as your daily protein + 2c veggies
*Several methods to cook rutabaga, choose your favorite/most convenient: slow cooker, peeled/cubed/baked in the oven, peeled/cubed/boiled until tender, etc. Baking in the oven wrapped in foil ~1.5 hours @ 350 degrees or in the slow cooker will result in 'sweeter' rutabaga.
*Make sure your rutabaga puree is cooled slightly before adding to Eggs to prevent 'pre-cooking' (turning out egg chunks)
* Look for canned rutabaga also, just found some at Krogers
Old 11-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #10  

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...d-ideas-2.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ing-meals.html
Old 11-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #11  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Thanks Liz!!!!
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:35 AM   #12  
Started IP 10/17/2012

S/C/G: 148/127.5/125

Height: 5'4"

I've been dying to try some recipes involving rhubarb, but cannot find any anywhere! Even this summer I tried to find some to no avail!
healthyequalshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #13  

Height: 5'2 1/2

I haven't tried this but it looks yummy!!!

Left Over Turkey Soup (great for all phases)

Ingredients

2 quarts low sodium chicken broth

1 turkey carcass, all meat removed

1 onion, halved, plus 1 onion, minced (phase 4 only)

1 carrot, halved lengthwise, plus 1 carrot, minced (phase 4 only)

1 whole stalk celery, plus 1 more stalk, minced

2 bay leaves3 cups dark turkey meat

2 garlic cloves, smashed

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 carrot, minced (phase 4 only)

1 stalk celery, minced

3 cups leftover cooked Thanksgiving side vegetables (Brussels sprouts, turnip, green beans)

1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves

Directions

Put chicken broth, turkey, onion halves, carrot halves, one celery stalk, and one bay leaf in a large stock pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer about 1 1/2 hours. Finely dice the remaining onion, carrot and celery and reserve.

Dice the turkey meat. Make sure meat pieces are no larger than the size of a soup spoon. (If preparing soup the next day, be sure to store leftover turkey meat in an airtight container before placing it in the refrigerator, top with one or two ladles full of broth to keep meat moist.)

Before straining broth, remove large bones and carcass with tongs. Strain the broth through a sieve, covered with wet cheese cloth. Discard the solids. Transfer broth to a bowl set in a bath of ice water, which will cool the broth quickly and help keep it fresher longer. This can be done the night before and stored in the refrigerator until the next day.

In a large soup pot, heat garlic cloves in the olive oil. Allow to brown slightly and add minced carrots, celery, and onion. Sweat over medium-low heat until softened, about seven or eight minutes.

Dice the leftover vegetables (here Brussels sprouts,Turnip and green beans). Add the chopped sage to the soup pot along with the turkey broth and the remaining bay leaf. Bring to a simmer. When simmering, add Brussels sprouts, green beans and diced turkey meat to the soup. Bring it back up to a simmer. Finally, add the turnip to the center, and gently push them down. Turn the heat off and cover. Allow to sit and steam for five to seven minutes.

Let simmer for five more minutes and serve.
IntheEvening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #14  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

IP Brownies

1 packet chocolate drink
1 packet maple oatmeal
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
Dash cinnamon
2 egg whites
1 tbsp olive oil (I use 2 tsp)

Mix and spread into a pie plate and bake at 350 F for 13 minutes. I frost it with WF marshmallow dip mixed with caramel dip. Or caramel dip and chocolate dip. Next I am going to try PB2 mixed in the WF chocolate dip.

I have also made one using apple oatmeal and cheesecake or vanilla pudding with apple pie spice and frosted with WF apple butter and caramel dip (microwave a little bit to mix).
Beck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #15  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Sweet Fauxtato Pie

Ingredients:
2 cups Rutabaga
+2 Eggs + 2 Egg Whites
1/2 packet Knox Gelatin <--adds 12 calories, all from 3g protein (collagen)
2-4 tbsp Sweetener (Splenda/Stevia/WF Pancake Syrup/etc)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Optional: 1/2 cup unsweetened Almond Milk <--adds 15 calories, 1g fat/.5g carb/.5g protein

Directions:
1. Wrap Rutabaga in aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 375 degrees ~1.5 hours.
2. In mixing bowl, add Egg Whites only and sprinkle in Gelatin, allow to dissolve ~1 minute.
3. In blender/food processor, add cooked, peeled Rutabaga and optional Almond Milk (or water) - puree until VERY smooth ~2 minutes - allow to cool slightly.
4. In mixing bowl - add Rutabaga puree, Sweetener, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Vanilla, and Eggs to the Egg Whites & Gelatin - mix ingredients thoroughly. Taste and adjust Sweetener accordingly.
5. Pour mixture into ramekin and bake at 350 degrees for ~45 minutes, until custard is set (doesn't 'jiggle in the middle' when you shake it).
6. Remove from oven, allow to cool - additional chilling will help it set, in the fridge/freezer ~30 minutes.

*This was awesome - it turned into a great custard, dessert.
+The new Phase 1 Sheet dated 6/12/2012 now lists 4 Eggs + 2 Egg Whites as an appropriate 8oz protein replacement, so adjust accordingly: http://www.idealtogo.com/Library/Fase%201%20-%20ITG.pdf *This counts as your daily protein + 2c veggies
*Several methods to cook rutabaga, choose your favorite/most convenient: slow cooker, peeled/cubed/baked in the oven, peeled/cubed/boiled until tender, etc. Baking in the oven wrapped in foil ~1.5 hours @ 350 degrees or in the slow cooker will result in 'sweeter' rutabaga.
*Make sure your rutabaga puree is cooled slightly before adding to Eggs to prevent 'pre-cooking' (turning out egg chunks)
* Look for canned rutabaga also, just found some at Krogers
I plan on making this for my dessert on Thanksgiving but I meant to ask you what size dish you use to bake this?
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote