Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 11:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 328/292/135

Height: 5' 1"

Default Hi Everybody!!

Hello Everyone!

It's your wandering Bonnieangel again, popping back in for another round of weightloss motivation. How is everyone?!! I've missed all of you very much. It's been extremely hectic in my world, so I haven't been able to post like I wanted to, but I am happy to report that I am making some positive changes in my life. So hopefully ya'll will see more (or less?!) of me.

I joined this weightloss center called Curves for Women on January 21st. It's a lot of fun. They work on this circuit type set that is based on resistance strength training. They have stations that are set up in a circle. There is a resistance machine (like for arms, legs, whatever) and in between each machine is what they call a resting platform. You walk, jog, run in place there. Every minute or so there is a prompt over the music telling you to change stations. So you move to the next station. You move around the circuit 3 times. Kind of reminds me of musical chairs for adults or something. They also have weigh ins and measurements done there. That's something that I wouldn't have DARED do before. It's optional, but I was ready for some serious change, so I figured what the heck. Might as well jump in all the way. The scale only goes up to 300 lbs, and they couldn't weigh me! I knew I weighed 304 though, so I know what I have lost. This morning I was 299. I'll take the little victories where I can get them, and on Feb. 21st they WILL be able to take my weight! It's a very relaxed atmosphere there. Very different from what I saw at the YMCA. I'm very happy with it.

I've also started a (GASP!) a low carb diet. I've never tried low carb before, so I am trying baby steps. But my husband said he would try it with me! I was happy about that. He said that I wasn't the only one who needed to get off of the backside of their lap. It will be nice to do this together. My dad went on the low carb thing last week and he has already lost 11 lbs! I'm not looking to lose it that fast, but some would be motivating.

Well, that's what's going on with me. I hope all of you are doing great, and I look forward to talking with ya'll again. Have a super day!!

HUGS!

M'Chelle
304/299/under 200 (1st goal)
Old 02-10-2003, 12:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

hi there! curves sounds cool... but i can't afford it. i'm doing pretty good with my videos at home though.

congrats on losing! yay!
Old 02-10-2003, 12:12 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome back & congrats on your success.

I give credit to everyone who can do Curves. I've heard such wonderful things about it & but am sooo uncoordinated.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:16 PM   #4  

Welcome back and congratulations for all the changes you've made!

Angi
Old 02-10-2003, 06:01 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

BonnieAngel...I've heard so many good things about Curves! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:51 AM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

So glad to see my dear friend back!! I think about you sometimes and wonder how you are!!

I too joined curves on the 31st! I am loving it!!!

SAPF - you really don't have to be coordinated!!
Old 02-11-2003, 01:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 328/292/135

Height: 5' 1"

Sandi!!! - It's so good to see that pretty smile of yours. How have you been girl? It's so funny that you joined curves right after I did. We must have seen the same commercial! Glad you are enjoying it. I know I sure am. I already feel like they know me there after only a few weeks of going. I never felt that way when I went to the Y.

SAPF - Trust me, I am about the most UNCOORDINATED person there ever was. There are a few people here who would remember the story of me falling down the apartment steps and spraining both ankles! The hardest part is getting on and off the machines quickly. But one lady there was telling me that her mother weighed almost 400 lbs when she started curves and was walking with a cane. She had to have help on and off the machines, but after a month she was doing it by herself and walking without the cane.

gonzostar - tapes at home can be great too. I know that I love my tae bo tape and my Richard Simmons tapes. And for giggles and grins I have a couple of belly dancing tapes. If laughing my tail off could be considered exercise then you would have it in spades watching me do those.

Thanks all of ya'll for welcoming me back. I really appreciate it!

M'Chelle
Closed Thread