Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat: Core/Simply Filling: Nov 14-20

pam920
11-14-2011, 07:54 AM
new thread

pam920
11-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Good morning chickies.

Didn't realize I didn't post one time last week. I've been reading DIY blogs and get so caught up in them.

Nancy, please be careful. I am not a fan of quick fixes or any of those clinics. My daughter went to one and they gave the b-12 shots and pills. She didn't lose much and gained it right back when she went off the program.

Maryann, have they determined what is causing your shortness of breath? I forgot what happened with Alice. What changed your mind about her?

Rhonda, how is your new plan coming along?

Sandra, I guess you are busy subbing.

Vickie, happy belated anniversay. Sorry I missed it.

ems hope you were able to drop the extra pounds. It's such a chore, trying to keep the weight off, once you lose it.

jojo, how is mum doing?

Hope I didn't miss anyone. I've been busy. Going to make this really pretty wreath and will post a pic when I get it done. We are not going to KY for Thanksgiving, but the kids are using my house for dinner, since it's bigger. I told them to be sure to clean good and not to leave any food in fridge. Wish we could be there, but don't want to make that quick trip.

What are everyones plans this week?

Vickie
11-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Pam, I know what you mean. Time gets away from me so easily. I hope this week will be a bit more quiet for me. I have meals out this week on Saturday and Sunday. Ugh. It is SO hard to make the friends the celebration and not the food. At least we will be at restaurants where I don't have to feel like if I don't clean my plate, I'm saying I don't like THEIR food!

I simply cannot believe the weekend flew by so quickly.

beach bum
11-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had lots to do this morning,so I couldn't post at time. I got on the scale this morning and it it 159.5Don't know if that a fluke or the correct number. Will know definitely next Saturday.

PAM-Thanks for the new pages,The hospital told me that the results would be in on Monday so I called my doctor and the nurse said they didn't arrive yet. Once they do my doctor will call,hope soon as if its bad I will cancel my trip to NY for Thanksgiving.

It all Started during Hurricane Irene when she stayed with me during the storm. We were talking about friends we used to know,and she wanted me to go back to this woman who lost her DH the same time I did as she really down I told her no,as I didn't want to be pulled down with her. Well Alice thought that wasn't very Christian of me and that she would meet with this woman I told her ok, you meet with her. Than after the storm was over we went down to the beach to see the damage,each in our own cars. Once there we decided to go to BBC restaurant for lunch and she got into an accident in the parking lot and blamed me,when I wasn't even in her car. Since then she got very cold to me and I did left it at that.She did all the calling and than last Wed she called and asked if we could go out for pizza When we met she was fine,but not the bubbly personality I once knew,telling that she was broke. I don't know if she has the notion that I should pay for her car or what. My other friends told me to be friendly when she calls but don't go out with her on a regular bases.

Don't know until I here form the doctors before I buy my bus & train ticket down to my DD for TG. If it bad news I will stay home.

VICKIE-If I don't go down to my DD I'm going to miss her cooked TG dinner as she's a good cook.The only thing I don't like is that she makes everything ahead of time and than heats the dishes on sterner and the meal is cold and I have to heat my turkey dinner in her microwave. She get mad at me for doing that but I like my dinners hot.

Have a great day

rogersgrac
11-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Hi Everyone,
Im Grace and I just started Core yesterday im finding it ok however whenever I see someone eating white bread im jealous.

Food wise ive been sticking to 2 pieces of multigrain bread a day, lean meats, and one serve of potato, pasta or noodles a day.

I have already lost 23kg or 50 pounds on weight wachers using points but I felt I needed a change. I actually went of WW for a while but didnt gain any weight which is good.

rogersgrac
11-15-2011, 06:58 AM
Also wondering is sugar free malple syrup a core food?

ontarget
11-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi there. :welcome: to the boards. Congratulations on losing 50 pounds. That's awesome! I don't think the sf syrup is CORE, but it's really low in points.

Maryann, I'm sorry you're having the problems with that lady. Don't let it turn you to food. Sounds like you're doing well. Congrats on being in the 150's.

Pam, I've been in a whirlwind, too, and have been losing track of time. I cancelled my subbing assignment that was to last through this Thursday. I was starting to be too fatigued.

Vickie, it is hard to deal with events, isn't it? I go through the same thing, too.

My eating plan has been askew. I need a :frypan: or :kickbutt:
My brother called and wants to get together for Thanksgiving. We're working on arrangements. No more whining from me. Life is good.

nancy237
11-15-2011, 03:10 PM
I kept clicking my 3FC link and it was taking me to last week. I thought everyone had vanished ..I was just lost LOL

I am feeling fine ..Skipped the B Shots I was supposed to get on Monday in case they caused the migraine. I agree that a migraine is my body saying to watch out. Now I am just doing the vitamins & healthy low carb ..I feel great, in fact my joints feel better..

Decided I need to find a Handyman/Jack of all trades to help me get the last stuff on the house list done. With that help I could be done by January. Then while I am working next year I can do more dejunking.. Once I go to work I will probably be on the couch with my feet elevated when not working :faint:

rogersgrac
11-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Darn no maple for me then. I read it on another website some where and thought I should ask as it sounded too good to be true.

Not craving carbs so much today.

Oh and I have 44 pounds to go.

ontarget
11-15-2011, 07:32 PM
That's about how much I need to lose, too. You sound more focused than I am right now. I still need :kickbutt: Okay, Cuz, where art thou? I need you here to give me that :kickbutt:

Tejas
11-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Here you go, Cuz:

:kickbutt:

ps: we won't be coming down, Sandra...too much $$ spent on car, etc

beach bum
11-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Went to my orthopedic doctor yesterday and according to the x ray he sees a hair line fracture on my hip along with arthritis,kept on asking me if I fell don't remember except the big fall I had in February at the Library,and I don't think that would have caused. So the hospital is going to call me to set up an appointment for an MRI before my follow up on Dec 15.

Decided to go down to NY and just take it easy catching all those trains. I'm going to schedule at least 1hr before each train, so I don't have to run get out of breath catching a train. Going to tell my DD that I going to be later than I was on the other trips I made.

My DD called back after telling her about my hip and told me that she was going to buy all the toiletries for me and and she want a list of anything that I really need and she'll pick it up so I don't have to carry so much. Than when I go home from the Christmas holiday I can take what I want home.She also told me that I should bring clothes down with me that I don't use all the time I can leave it there for the two holidays or she would mail the package of clothes back to me. The kids don't believe in Santa anymore so don't bring any presents down on Christmas she'll take me out to the stores down there to buy for them.

Now I heard on the radio that the tent people[protesters] are going to be at South Station where I'm going to meet my train.Hope I don't get hurt by them.

:welcome2: to the board.-I used to do the core program but it didn't work for me so now I just counting calories with portion control.

SANDRA- Oh I now,she was my best friend and I didn't expect that from her. NO!!not going to get up and start eating junk food. It was a fluke as I back to the 160's again. Need a Kick:kickbutt: but I really like to give a:hug:

NANCY-I think I going to do the same thing with my vitamins and supplements I think I taking to many and I just should stick to multi and cal/mag and vit c d and that all. My sister started me on them & I don't think they're helping me weight-wise.

Have a great day

ontarget
11-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Ouch! Thanks, Cuz!!!!!

And thank you, too, Maryann!! Sounds like your dd is helping you a lot. That's good.

ems81wales
11-17-2011, 07:08 AM
cheers pam i lost 2lbs of my 5lb gain and i have wi tonbight so i am hoping i loose some of that gain to get bk to goal. how are you doing? xxx

Tejas
11-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Not much new here, Chickies. Tap dancing, lifting weights, etc. Tonight I'm going to the New Beaujoles tasting, then to look at a quilt display.

Haven't lost any more weight, and am finding the whole thing a touch boring today. But, my eating has been very clean and I'm proud of that.

I did a lot of yard work, and had 10 bags of leaves for the city to pick up. These oak trees are beautiful, but.....

Vickie
11-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Good Morning Chicks! Went back to my foot doctor yesterday and now I have a script for 4-6 weeks of PT for my heel spurs and plantar faciitis. Oh well....it could be something REALLY bad....though it is not fun to walk on this foot right now.

My eating is just ok and I've got two dinners out this weekend so choosing will not be easy. I'll just be as good as I can and keep drinking my water! Tonight is date night so that will be fun too.

Sounds like you are all working hard. We did a bunch of errands on Monday and yesterday so I need to ice and stay off of my foot today until it is time for dinner.

What do you all have planned for the weekend? Thanksgiving?

Tejas
11-17-2011, 01:02 PM
I don't understand the time indicator....it is 12 noon where I am in CST, but the time indicator is two hours later.

Vickie, for Thanksgiving we are going to my first sister-in-law's house not far from here to have a meal with her and her daughters and their families. We were going to spend the night and see Sandra and Curtis the next day, but have decided to just come back home. The cost of the car repairs were sobering so we didn't want to pay the extra hundred plus dollars for hotel and dog sitter.

nancy237
11-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Had my weekly checkup at the weight loss clinic.
I lost 4 1/2 lbs this week. Now I get to add back in
a few veggies & fruit & a fat.

Not much else going on. I haven't gotten much done with the house this week so that always makes me feel that I will never get it done. Maybe the kids will help some next week and then I may hire some out in Dec.

nancy237
11-17-2011, 01:10 PM
I don't understand the time indicator....it is 12 noon where I am in CST, but the time indicator is two hours later.

Try this ..
On the left side under the User CP drop down menu look for Edit Options.
Click Edit Options..
Near the bottom look for Time & Date Options.
It lets you pick your time Zone..maybe that will help.

beach bum
11-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had lots to do this morning, had to purchase my bus ticket and stop the mail.
The man at the bus depot told me that if I have to catch the 9:20 train I will have to go on the 6:30 bus instead of the 7:10. Reason that the Bourne Bridge is going to be worked on Thanksgiving week.Oh my Goodness if they had brains up here they would be dangerous. Why couldn't they work on the bridge before!!

Well on the good note: my doctor called after tormenting him that I wanted to know my breathing test results. He told me my lungs are fine and I don't have to worry about any lung disease. The reason for my shortness of breath is caused by my diaphragm coming up to my lung area and than when my lungs want to expand the shortness of breath ocures. Have to lose my tummy fat,so as soon as the holidays are over I'm going on ATKINS or the CAD to limited my carbs as I'm not exercising that much now that my hip is bothering me.

SANDRA-I'm so blessed to have such good & caring children,but that how Leo & I raised them.

EMS-Congrats on your 2/5 lb loss. I'm stuck at the 160's for a while and I think I will try to maintain this number until after the holidays. Can't exercise because of my hip so the pounds are not coming off.

RHONDA-Good for you keep up to keep your eating clean.I have gone astray as I'm making apple pies and I just finished a pumpkin pie last week.

VICKIE-Sorry about your planter wart and heel spurs. I had the both of them and they not fun.Take care.Gong to my DD this Tuesday and will return on the following Tues. Washing & packing this weekend.

NANCY-Congrats on your 4.5 weight loss. That fantastic,I rally have to do something to get out of the 160's but lack if exercising is my downfall.

My dinner is ready,

Have a great day

ontarget
11-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Rhonda, I hear ya on the high costs. We're still reeling from the dental expenses.

Nancy, :woohoo: on your amazing weightloss.

Maryann, glad you don't have any lung issues.

We're home today resting after Curtis' dental work this AM. Not much else going on. That's good. I like days like this. Life is good.

ontarget
11-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Rhonda, I didn't see your message about our not getting together till I read what you typed Vickie. That was just before I called you. I didn't know till now that you'd posted the ps: to me. I need to be more observant, don't I?

Vickie, I hope your foot is feeling better. I haven't had problems with plantar fasciitis in years. I hope you get the same good results.

My eating is not good at all. However, I am still sugar-free on thee desserts. Still having problems with sugar-free ones, though. Curtis and I are planning to go to OA together Monday evening.

Ems, congratulations on being back on track heading to goal. You're prob already there. :woohoo:

pam920
11-17-2011, 10:39 PM
hello chicks. Thought I'd drop in before I shut down for the night.

ems, i'm good. Glad you were able to drop a few of the extra lbs. You will be back at goal before you know it.

Nancy, congrats on a fantastic loss this week.

Rhonda, that was a pretty steep car repair. Eating clean is a good thing. Wish I could do the same.

Sandra, I have not been doing well either. I'm up about 9 lbs since last spring. It's so hard to lose and even harder to keep it off.

Maryann, hope you have a great visit. You daughter sounds very caring to suggest all that to make your trip easier. Glad your lungs are okay.

Vickie, I had plantar fasciitis years ago. It was awful. I went for a couple visits for foot therapy but my insurance didn't want to pay so I put a stop to them. My dr. said to wear shoes at all times, even in the shower. In Florida, all the houses have a poured foundation and it's terrible on the feet. Ceramic tile on top of that didn't help matters. If I go barefoot in the house and am on my foot too long, they start to bother me and I know to get some shoes on.

I've been busy lately. I've been reading these DIY blogs and I love doing that sort of thing. I'm making a clock for the family room wall out of a table top. Going to make a sunburst mirror too. I"ll share pics when I get them done. I love keeping busy, but I don't have the stamina I used to have so things take a little longer to complete.

Have a good night.

Oh, Sandra, Bonnie is gone.

Tejas
11-17-2011, 10:43 PM
I had a really interesting evening at the city's Beaujolais event, followed by attending the quilter's guild and seeing a beautiful display of quilts in Texas themes.

Yes, Sandra, I assumed you hadn't seen the earlier ps.

Maryann, I hope you manage to get the trip organized in a way that is easy on you.

Nancy, good going! Thanks for info about site also. I'll check it out.

Vickie, I hope you have good luck with your feet. I massage my feet every single night and exercise them so that they stay flexible and, hopefully, strong.

beach bum
11-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Woke up late again and I have so many things to do before I meet Rita fro Lunch. Was thinking that I would take a tote bag instead of my hand bag,but my sister told me to wear a bag that I could put over neck to the other shoulder.
She said it would be easy to carry without it falling off the right shoulder.The long handles are all on my mini bags.

SANDRA-Thanks,I was worried:yikes: for a while not hearing from the doctor now that that's behind me I can considerate on my trip to NY.

PAM-Thanks, I do have caring children,and I know I blessed having them even though they live in NY I still able to go down there and be with them during the holidays.WOW!!! congrats :congrat: on being so talented Where did you ever lean:book2: how to make a wall clock out of a table top?????????? I wouldn't even know ,or attempt to start.

RHONDA-Thanks,Like I posted above I think if I take a zippered tote bag instead of a pocketbook I have more room for reaching for my tickets when needed along with having a place to have my lunch & meds with me.

Have a great day,

ontarget
11-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi there, ladies. I am home from grocery shopping. We are stocked and ready for turkey day.

Pam, I'm not going to do much dieting till after Thanksgiving. (A poor excuse is better than no excuse at all.) After next week I'm planning to get more serious.

Rhonda, sounds like you're having a lot of fun. Makes me smile.

Maryann, when do you leave? I can't remember.

Vickie, Pam and Rhonda have some good advice for you. I hope you're feeling better.

Vickie
11-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm just hanging out with my first cup of coffee here and icing my foot after doing my morning foot exercises.

I'm meeting my Niece and my friend from work (that I met in 1974!) for a girls night out dinner. It should be fun and I've already decided what I'm eating. Tomorrow night is a dinner out too and that one should be harder to manage since it is a BBQ place. I think they have some nice salads so I may go that way but I'm not sure.

I haven't been on the scale in about 2 weeks and I feel like I'm gaining weight. I guess I should bite the bullet and find out.

We'll be going to my Sister's house for Thanksgiving. I'll be making my Mom's famous cream cheese jello mold and bringing my Sister/BIL a restaurant gift certificate so they can have a meal out alone later to thank them for always including us in their family celebration. I try to be a good guest.

Mary Ann, I'm glad all is well with you and your tests.

Nancy, we are still waiting for the company to start our bathroom. I need to call them on Tuesday as it will be 9 weeks since we signed the contract. VERY annoying.

Pam, I'm going to the PT. My insurance will pay but it will still cost me $20 a visit. I'll go check it out. It can't hurt. I'm not going barefoot anymore either. And, I've had to switch to shoes with good arch supports. I finally settled on a pair of Dansko. I'm even going to buy myself a pair of slippers with arch support. My feet/heels really hurt in the middle of the night so I've been keeping my Birkenstocks next to the bed to slip into until I save the money for my slippers!

Rhonda, you always sound like you are so busy. Sandra too. It is fun to be retired and have time for all the fun stuff.

I hope you all have a great day. It is grey and rainy here.

nancy237
11-19-2011, 11:58 AM
I have a handyman running in and out of my house repairing siding..he has to use an upstairs window to get on the porch roof..I dislike having repairmen around my house..

Last night when I drove in at 11 either a large grey fox or young coyote was right outside my garage. I knew we had both in our area but have never seen one this close. It scooted off but that worries me about my cat.
I think I will set up a litter box in my garage and if she needs out at night from now on just let her into the garage.

Vickie ..I feel your pain on the bathroom. Mine has been out of use since April.
The new handyman said he could finish it , so I may let him. The last guy that said that never showed up..he is the one that I thought would be flakey and he was. Sure would be nice to have that bath for Christmas..My son in law has promised to repair my kitchen ceiling(huge hole where the leak was) before Thanksgiving. I told him I wanted it by then and would hire someone if he couldn't do it & he promised he would. We shall see...

Tejas
11-20-2011, 12:08 PM
:yawn: I am so sleepy today that after we met family for breakfast, I've come home to take a nap and not go to church. The temperature dropped about 10 degrees while we were having breakfast, and it's good sleeping weather.

I spent hours over the last few days helping a friend who runs an art gallery prepare for a show last night. I also baked three cakes for her party. No wonder I'm tired. I'm sure she is exhausted, but the party was great.

Nancy, what a beautiful sight, but I'd worry about a cat also. We have a few disappear around here too and we're not even in the country.

ontarget
11-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Vickie, that's a good gesture your giving the gift certificate. Sounds like you're really busy. That's good. I hear ya on feeling the gain. I feel like a stuffed toad right now. (Are you picturing a toad all puffed up? :lol:

Nancy, I hadn't realized your bath has been out of commission all this time. I hope your "new" handy man takes care of it pronto. Same for your kitchen ceiling.

Rhonda, I felt like you'd been extra busy lately. Glad you're getting some rest today.

We left church after Sunday school. We're home now just "chillin" after a chicken/dressing lunch at our favorite restaurant. Life is good.