Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 11/14 - 11/20

Diana3271
11-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

shishkeberry
11-13-2011, 10:35 PM
I posted this in the other thread...forgot it was Sunday night!

We had a breakfast feast for dinner tonight. Scrambled eggs, low sodium bacon, fried potatoes, turkey sausage, and fiber one pancakes (I added some frozen blueberries) with low calorie syrup. I didn't eat too much and I didn't have a cigarette afterwards. Wow, making breakfast for dinner is really hard by yourself. The timing was awful and I used every pan in the house. So dinner was pretty greasy, but I made better choices. The bacon was low sodium, the sausage was turkey, and I skipped the pancakes and syrup. (Well, I had a tiny bite!)

I even lost a lb this morning. I'm at 231. And I have gone almost 72 hours without a cigarette. I didn't even have one after the Ravens lost.

Vixsin
11-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Well I am ELATED to report that TODAY.WENT.WELL!!!! ;)

Sure, I had a couple of things today but I accounted for every single calorie on MFP! I also cleaned today for the better part of 3 hours. Maxwell was outside playing and I just buzzed around the house up and down the stairs, folding laundry, cleaning toilets, etc. Glamourous!!!! LOL

All I know is that I'm pooped. :yawn: Until tomorrow!

Diana3271
11-13-2011, 10:55 PM
shishkeberry Great job on staying smoke free. Stray strong. You can do it.

Vixsin Great job! Keep it up!

ItsMyTurn
11-14-2011, 12:15 AM
Mamakat - Thank you so much, your encouragement means a lot to me. Look at you being the biggest helper ever lately!!!! In person to strangers, online to me... how awesome!!! So glad you had a chance to do some writing :) And the laundry that has been looming over you :)

Krystal - Do what you are able, just remember not to go beyond your limits :) You are amazing

Mustard - Glad you are seeing the results from your work :)

Momwannabe - the whole journey is a learning process. I am so glad you are in tuned to what is going on with your body and in constant progression to fixing what is not right

shish - you are doing awesome with the smoking...then to add a pound of weight loss on top of it is extraordinary!!!! Great job!!!

Vixsin - great job!!!! Another day down :)

As for me - had an amazing NSV today. Was feeling down in the dumps, so did a workout. Then after, took my "goal pants" out and tried them on... OMG!!!! Juniors size 11 and I was in them comfortably! :O It was only a couple weeks ago when I got them and I was shy to fitting a couple inches... so even with the plateau heck that I have been experiencing, SOMETHING was giving, obviously. What an amazing feeling! So...that sure did help with the funk :) Hope everyone has a great start to their week!

shishkeberry
11-14-2011, 01:54 AM
As for me - had an amazing NSV today. Was feeling down in the dumps, so did a workout. Then after, took my "goal pants" out and tried them on... OMG!!!! Juniors size 11 and I was in them comfortably! :O It was only a couple weeks ago when I got them and I was shy to fitting a couple inches... so even with the plateau heck that I have been experiencing, SOMETHING was giving, obviously. What an amazing feeling! So...that sure did help with the funk :) Hope everyone has a great start to their week!

That's wonderful! :carrot: I know just how you feel. I'm feeling the same way about my new size! It feels great and I'm happy for you!

redballoon
11-14-2011, 01:57 AM
Oh, I see. We just jumpo over to a new thread every week. Well, because of the time difference, I guess I'll be posting about Monday (at least the morning) before the new thread is up. That is, haha, if I can keep up at all with the posting deluge!

mamakat
11-14-2011, 07:12 AM
Monday WI 215.8 3.8lbs loss, somehow I think that could be 4.? as it's still early and I am still "flushing" :rofl: But I said I'd take first morning weigh in and I am. So there you go. Nearly 4lbs in one week. Don't ask how, b/c clearly I don't know, but I'm not complaining. :)

ItsMyTurn
11-14-2011, 07:34 AM
shish - It sure is amazing sometimes... especially when you honestly don't see it coming. I was trying them on just to find out how far away it was so I could do some core training with something driving me, LOL!! I am so happy you are back on track and set to go, kicking weight's butt and losing sizes!!! You go girl!!!

redballoon - Most of us have our days of not keeping up - it's not required, :lol: Although it does help cause you can miss a lot in a day :) We don't mind hearing about a Monday early either... so tell us :D

Mamakat - Wow!!! Great job!!!! I am willing to bet it's all that walking... oh...and good karma for helping people, :lol: If your heart rate goes up in those situations at the game store, like what I think it would have...that HAS to count as workout too! So now you are losing :D LOL! I love it, it's melting off you!!!

As for me - it's a new day and a new week. I am going to focus on me and not my "work" (or try to anyay). Mondays are always the busiest days and usually the hardest to get through at work, but I am not going to allow the adrenaline rush of worry (since they don't extend me the same courtesy that I do them) and just going to get through what I can without worry... instead will focus on MY walk I am going to take at lunch, and MY nutrition. I have got to shift focus and realize what's important...especially as long as I am still doing what's expected for the paycheck - the focus should be my health, not what I can do to impress them. Ok, rant over, but almost like I had to say it out loud to make it real, :D Have a super day all!!!

redballoon
11-14-2011, 07:48 AM
ItsMyTurn -- Ok, good to know that I am not going to be called to task if I don't write to all of you religiously! :lol3: As for my Monday, I am about to try to put a cap on it. It's later than it should be because I am still sitting here at the computer trying to write a little thing for a horse race. It's due tomorrow but I will be gone all day from real early. Sure hope I can finish this in the morning...not a good idea. Anyhow, eating was OK, today. I was feeling sick and feverish and half-dead all day but I did some teaching, then into the office, then home. I always get sick when I start to lose weight. I think the change is just too stressful! :lol: So, I'm wondering what and whom you are trying to "impress" and what that has to do with your walk and food? Hmm... not too sure what's going on there. Please tell me more!

mamakat
11-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

ItsMyTurn I have never thought of my anxiety as a work out and now, I'm waiting for the next attack...:lol: I only did three walks last week, but they must have been enough. I like your plan for the day. Yes, do your job as that is what they pay you for, but don't kill yourself b/c although they say they're impressed with your work ethics, it's not getting what you want. I'm not saying be a slacker, b/c that isn't you. :) But you first is a good idea.

redballoon good evening :)

shish :hug: so proud of you and making it through 72hrs. And the after meal cigarette, wow that's a hard one to give up. My MIL oh man, when she got sick (cancer, yet again...that poor lady got it way too many times and in different places, all life threatening) the last time, the doctors told her to quit. It was the after meal one she loved the most. I was proud of her when she kicked the habit. She was a true inspiration to me, she was a fighter. I miss her....OK, that was weird, don't ever tell anyone I just said that as we were sworn enemies :p Glad your back!

Vixsin nice job with all that cleaning. Yesterday must have been the day for it. I made the kids clean their rooms. LOL they aren't even remotely clean by anyone's standard, but both my kids are hoarder, like you see on that show. I have to keep them in check or we won't be able to move especially since DD's bedroom is my living room! Great job a clean house is a clean mind...I just made that up. But I know chaos bring chaos and order brings order :)

OK as I have no idea where I am going to go in the story, I have no excuses today. So yep, laundry and workout. I'll workout in the gym today. I'll have to take some dusting supplies as I haven't been down there in a least a month. :lol:

The sun has risen and so must I.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

berryblondeboys
11-14-2011, 07:55 AM
Morning all - in a rush, but I have another new low! 178.6. And I'm thinking I 'did' ovulate already or I'm not ovulating yet.... things geared up and by Sunday morning seemed to have stopped for now or passed... can't tell, but with the weight drop so soon, I'm confused with my cycle AGAIN... but at least it's going down instead of up!

redballoon
11-14-2011, 07:59 AM
mamakat -- Yes, you got it right! You see, you CAN do it! Your post came in shortly before 9 p.m. here. I'm going to bed. Have to be up at 4:30 and didn't finish something I must send off tomorrow before I leave. :stress: Sick with what seems to be a cold.... Good night and good morning!! :dizzy:

Diana3271
11-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! Let's make it a great week!

Weigh In: 146.2
Down: .4

It's looks like we are off to a great start to the week! Look at all the dancing carrots! :D

Itsmyturn Congrats on the NSV! :carrot:

Mamakat Congrats on the 4 pounds for the week! :carrot:

Berry Congrats on the new low! :carrot:

Redballoon I hope you aren't getting sick. :hug:

berryblondeboys
11-14-2011, 08:45 AM
[QUOTE=ItsMyTurn;4107224
As for me - it's a new day and a new week. I am going to focus on me and not my "work" (or try to anyay). Mondays are always the busiest days and usually the hardest to get through at work, but I am not going to allow the adrenaline rush of worry (since they don't extend me the same courtesy that I do them) and just going to get through what I can without worry... instead will focus on MY walk I am going to take at lunch, and MY nutrition. I have got to shift focus and realize what's important...especially as long as I am still doing what's expected for the paycheck - the focus should be my health, not what I can do to impress them. Ok, rant over, but almost like I had to say it out loud to make it real, :D Have a super day all!!![/QUOTE]

I'm glad you had the weekend to let the steam come out of your ears. It would have impossible for me to go back the next day all sunshine after that. But you are right. You owe YOU the best, then family and then work. I think we all sometimes forget that.

berryblondeboys
11-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Well I am ELATED to report that TODAY.WENT.WELL!!!! ;)

Sure, I had a couple of things today but I accounted for every single calorie on MFP! I also cleaned today for the better part of 3 hours. Maxwell was outside playing and I just buzzed around the house up and down the stairs, folding laundry, cleaning toilets, etc. Glamourous!!!! LOL

All I know is that I'm pooped. :yawn: Until tomorrow!

Way to go Vixsin - one day leads to another and it gets easier to be 'on point' when you start feeling good about your decisions and especially when the scale starts going down!

berryblondeboys
11-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by shishkeberry
We had a breakfast feast for dinner tonight. Scrambled eggs, low sodium bacon, fried potatoes, turkey sausage, and fiber one pancakes (I added some frozen blueberries) with low calorie syrup. I didn't eat too much and I didn't have a cigarette afterwards. Wow, making breakfast for dinner is really hard by yourself. The timing was awful and I used every pan in the house. So dinner was pretty greasy, but I made better choices. The bacon was low sodium, the sausage was turkey, and I skipped the pancakes and syrup. (Well, I had a tiny bite!)

I even lost a lb this morning. I'm at 231. And I have gone almost 72 hours without a cigarette. I didn't even have one after the Ravens lost.

You should be SO PROUD of yourself. I think kicking smoking is even more admirable than eating right. Look at all the great things you are now modeling for your children!!!! That is so fantastic!

berryblondeboys
11-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Monday WI 215.8 3.8lbs loss, somehow I think that could be 4.? as it's still early and I am still "flushing" :rofl: But I said I'd take first morning weigh in and I am. So there you go. Nearly 4lbs in one week. Don't ask how, b/c clearly I don't know, but I'm not complaining. :)

You know, I think this is great, but are you eating? (I get whooshes like that too, so I'm not going to be too concerned (yet)). But are you skipping meals? If so - don't go down that road - it will bite you in the butt sooner than later.

But also HAPPY that the scale is cooperating with you!

berryblondeboys
11-14-2011, 08:53 AM
mamakat -- Yes, you got it right! You see, you CAN do it! Your post came in shortly before 9 p.m. here. I'm going to bed. Have to be up at 4:30 and didn't finish something I must send off tomorrow before I leave. :stress: Sick with what seems to be a cold.... Good night and good morning!! :dizzy:

Hope you feel better tomorrow (so weird how we all can talk real time despite being on opposite sides of the earth!). And good luck with getting the work done in the morning.

berryblondeboys
11-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Ok, have a bit of time to post this morning as my youngest son got up early and we're ahead of the game today.

Yesterday was a high/low day yesterday. The morning was great. DH said something he hasn't said in years and years and years. He looked at me as we were driving back from Virginia and said with all sincerity, "You look really beautiful today."

By the end of the day I think he wanted to kill me (figuratively) as we struggled with financials. He wants me to pinpoint every cent and I hate having NO autonomy or privacy with any money, so I had a small account of mine that I wasn't sharing with him and while he knew about it, he was mad at me for not disclosing as it's our money, etc... He is totally right, but I hate having to ask permission for EVERYTHING big (my bicycle for instance). But, we'll have a rough few days as he gets over wanting to kill me for making stupid financial decisions that cost us interest money. And so on... So... one minute at a high, but not, at a real low. I didn't sleep well last night because of it - was up half the night. I hate it when I upset him or disappoint him. That people pleaser in me.

jomatho
11-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Good morning!
I was up since about 1:30 this morning, couldn't fall back to sleep (I think in part because my stomach was growling), so I just got up and got some things done.
My foot is feeling much better today. Still just a twinge that something was wrong, but not bothersome at all. My plan is to go out for my walk this morning and see how it feels after that. If it feels good, I will try to run tomorrow. I miss running now that I can't do it! I miss my calorie burns too!
I didn't weigh in today since I got up so early and had my coffee and a couple muffins. Made no sense to weigh after all that.

Just wanted to do a shout out to Mamakat for an awesome loss last week, ItsMyTurn for another pound down and Berry for a new low! Way to go guys!!!

K9Owner
11-14-2011, 09:41 AM
GM all
Not a lot to report this morning, but thought I'd stop by to say hello anyway. I am up on the scale today. I was only over about 200 cals yesterday, but I chose processed chicken strips for lunch which was not a great idea. I wasn't planning for this type of gain over this weekend, but then again I really can't tell what that stupid scale is going to say from one day to the next. I may stop weighing all together or at least every day. It'll kill me not to know the numbers, but it's affecting my mood knowing--so what's the difference, really!

Congrats to all the NSVs and losers this morning.

For those that are sick: :getwell:

For those that are struggling and hurting: :hug:

For those that need it: :dust:

For those that are new: :welcome2:

and just because I need it :carrot:

hAPPi mONDAy

ashkunc
11-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Good Morning & Happy Monday everyone!

I weighed in this morning at 175.2, so I am about 2 lbs down, but it seems to be fluctuating a lot (I weighed myself during the week because the suspense was killing me and it was anywhere from 176-179....hopefully if I stick to plan I can be down to 173 next Monday :-) It's going to be a challenge, because we are traveling (9 hour drive) to Kentucky for Thanksgiving and it's going to be tough to stick to plan and harder to get an exercise in...I'm going to have to figure something out. I think it's going to be pretty cold there, but hopefully we can at least get in some walks/runs, maybe weights someplace?

Hope everyone has a great week!

Vixsin
11-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Good Morning All!!

I'm up .6 to 196.6 this morning and I am NOT going to let it get me down!! Nope, nope, nope!!! I had a great day yesterday and I am focused on that! All of my food is packed and I've already logged it all into MFP. I've got my clothes for the gym after work. I am in this to win this!! TOM is still not here yet. I can't wait until he's gone!

mamakat
11-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Berry I can't guarantee I make calories every day..MFP says shoot for 1550, I get close most days. I'm not a big eater (odd I know) and since cutting out sugar, all my eating bad habits are gone. I eat my first meal around 11 as I just can't think of food any time before that and the meal is usually a shake or bar. Anymore and I get a stomach ache...not sure why. By 2-3 I'm HUNGRAY and have my bigger meal. Some days I can't because that's the window I pick up DS from school and some days we have errands...those days, I grab a bar. SO sometimes I don't get near even a 1000 a day, but it's not on purpose or thinking if I cut cals, I lose faster, it just happens. Weekends are iffy as DH is home and he does the preparing...so most times I get 3 meals a day whether I want it or not. I do my best to meet calories, but I think all my meds keep me from wanting to gorge...nice side affect :)

I've been in your shoes about finances. Ugh, I HATE when DH asks "have you been to ___store?" I know he's checking up on me then. He says he's not and he's the biggest spender in the house, but I'm the one that gets lectured and watched as many experts have said to have separate accts. with Bipolar people...my mania is not spending, so I get mad when he checks up on me. :hug: hope you and DH get past it soon. :)

mamakat
11-14-2011, 11:22 AM
OK, I'm not sure if it's the new low, Vixsin and Jomatho's cleaning/painting or that this morning I put on a pair of size 16's and they fit, that got me motivated to clean. ME, clean. That's bizarre :lol: So although I need to go do dishes and work on the laundry, I straightened up a bit, even swept. LOL, I worked up a sweat and I was bending in my jeans...happy as a busy bee.

I'm going to go for my 4 mile walk before finishing the chores. I'm going to walk it backwards or counter clock wise. I'll be going up more hills than down that way. The sun is up and I am too. :)

shishkeberry
11-14-2011, 11:25 AM
I kind of binged on Halloween candy last night. I usually have a cigarette after DF and I watch Walking Dead. I didn't have one but I ate the candy instead. I lost count but I had a lot of tootsie rolls. Oh well. I'm still smoke free and some water weight came off. 230.4 this morning. Hope everyone has a nice Monday.

Moondance
11-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Happy Monday!

I'm hoping for time for personals later, but it's not looking good...very busy at work today. The good news...last birthday party down, more good choices made...and the scale has be down 3 pounds from last week! WOW! I'm suspicious, so I'm not changing my weight officially until it shows up again mid-week. I won't be able to weigh next week as we're headed to Michigan for Thanksgiving (Sun-Fri). Lots more challenges ahead, but I'm ready for them.

Congrats to those who are losing!
Hang in there to those who are stuggling!
Hi to everyone else!

shishkeberry
11-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Yay mamakat, those pants fit!

Vixsin
11-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Yay for you Mamakat!!!

Great job being smoke free Shish!

solarplant
11-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Happy Monday to everyone!

Today is going to be very busy. I am currently on the train up to the city to chat with the startup some more. Then I am coming back early this afternoon to pack for vacation. :)

I still felt a bit out of control this weekend. I didn't binge or anything but I did snack more than usual (on things like almonds, grapes, oranges), I tried to keep moderation but the guilt won't go away. I'll work on it. The scale said 175.4 this morning so still in that same pound. I was hoping to make more progress this week but oh well. On vacation we will be hiking and I'll keep my drinking to a minimal. I actually don't drink here at home anymore, only at sporadic special occasions, where as my boyfriend has a beer every other day or so with one of his meals. Also I will include frou frou nonalcoholic drinks to a minimal too I always rather eat my calories. :)

Anyway, more to write later. :)

jomatho
11-14-2011, 02:54 PM
:yay: my foot isn't hurting me today, AND my gf cannot walk tomorrow morning, so you know what that means, I will ruuuuuuuuunnnnnn! Provided I get a good nights sleep tonight, that is. I am dogging it right now, but I am just going to stick it out and go to bed early tonight. Jeesh, I need to get a life, I am looking forward to exercising.
Hope everyone is having a great day!

KaylaChristine
11-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Fell off the wagon over the weekend...big time :( ....but I'm not gonna let it bring me down...and I'm not even gonna post my weight, it's depressing! Hoping most is water weight!

But, I'm 100% on plan today, and I will be for the rest of the week. :carrot:

ItsMyTurn
11-14-2011, 05:13 PM
wow, ok, never will I remember what went with who, but will give it a shot :

redballoon - It was an ongoing situation. I am not impressing anyone with my walking and nutrition... it was that I am not worried about trying to impress anyone, and just focus on me :) Again... long story, and since it doesn't have a happy ending, won't bore you with the details. I am trying to figure out the time differences with us too, :lol: Almost like a challenge now, :)

Mamakat - Way to go making time for the gym!!!! You take dusting tools or anything else you need...and remember cleaning is burning of calories too! It's even an option on MFP! LOL! I love that feature! I am borderline anal-retentive, but because of my long work hours, not home to clean often - therefore it's an out of ordinary activity and I do log each time I do it :D Gotta take a calorie burn anywhere ya can! :P You sound like I did with my food intake before working with nutritionist. She totally has me retrained now. I never used to eat breakfast, used to be just a cup of coffee. I was a big carb eater, or sweets... I guess that would be sweet carbs, :lol: Once that was taken out, it's tough to meet calories, even find myself scrambling at the end of the night to get more in. Alas, there are days that time doesn't allow though :)

Krystal - I only officially weigh in once a week, but unofficially twice a week. I don't think I could liberate myself this early on to not look at the scale though. Although I do find it strange when different clothes are fitting and I am going up and down the same 2Lbs for 3 weeks with no progression... yet the clothes fitting, sizing changes.... maybe the scale is around to just taunt us? :rofl: I do use it to motivate myself though. If the numbers go up or even... then I tend to push myself more... which is probably why the inches come off - I can't guarantee I would push as hard without that taunting number staring me in the face though. How are you feeling? Recovered from pushing yourself to the limits yet?

Diana - :wave: so good to see you peeking in all accountable every morning. I think you should know what a huge inspiration you are to us (or especially to me). I see the numbers you lost, the difference to how you appear now, and I stand in utter awe. Yet you also boost others and still make us feel like we help keep you going! What an amazing person!!!! Thank you

Solarplant - good luck with your meet at the starter. I hope you get told what it is you are looking for in the way of answers. I also hope you have a lovely holiday!!!

jomatho - I am so glad the foot is feeling better!!! :woohoo: That is awesome news! A new bathroom, a new look, a total redecor..and now... now you can run too!!! Life can be so good sometimes, right? Working out IS having a life!!!! A longer life due to the right choices even...so I say... that's LIVING!!! :) :dance:

Kayla - I am glad you are saying it won't get you down, and I hope you can live it as much as you say it... cause it was a weekend, and ultimately we are human. That is what makes this a journey and not just a "trip" of sorts... it's struggles AND victories...and honestly I think we appreciate the victories more BECAUSE of the struggles :) Keep today clean and on plan... then, worry about tomorrow... then the next day - eventually you form habits, good ones that replace the old ones...and then it will seem like not-so-much of a struggle. Or that's my theory anyway :)

I want to take a minute and say Thank you! All of you have been so utterly supportive while I heard bad news. Melissa brought up a point that hit me: Me first, then the family, then the job. And she was right when she said it's easy to forget... I do tend to lose sight sometimes, as I am a natural workaholic, honestly. Also with the military upbringing of you bring your "A" game at ALL times, if you aren't the best, work until you become the best...if you ARE the best, then find a new challenge. That is where I am at now, trying to find that new challenge. Since this job IS the way I support my family, it's easy to forget the line up of priorities. When I hit that last brick wall, it crumbled me in a way that becomes hard to explain.... however the working it out over the weekend, the seclusion I did to myself to clear the thoughts, and the support from all of you helped me to see this - I AM still facing a new challenge! A challenge of myself! Not only have I taken off over 40Lbs, improved my nutrition levels, but also, I AM the best at what I do at work AND I am entering school again in January (there's the new challenge). I have refocused, I have put me in the mix, and I am moving forward and I seriously want to say thank you! You all have been amazing! Even those that didn't know what to offer for advice, you still lent a shoulder, an ear (or eyes in this case, lol), and an empathetic heart. Priceless! Due to that, this stumbling block has been made into a stepping stone and has not derailed the weight loss journey. I know this is long-winded (have a tendency to do that every now and then), but I don't do the whole sentimental/emotional thing very often, so it spews forth when I do let it. :hug: to everyone!

berryblondeboys
11-14-2011, 06:18 PM
I want to take a minute and say Thank you! All of you have been so utterly supportive while I heard bad news. Melissa brought up a point that hit me: Me first, then the family, then the job. And she was right when she said it's easy to forget... I do tend to lose sight sometimes, as I am a natural workaholic, honestly. Also with the military upbringing of you bring your "A" game at ALL times, if you aren't the best, work until you become the best...if you ARE the best, then find a new challenge. That is where I am at now, trying to find that new challenge. Since this job IS the way I support my family, it's easy to forget the line up of priorities. When I hit that last brick wall, it crumbled me in a way that becomes hard to explain.... however the working it out over the weekend, the seclusion I did to myself to clear the thoughts, and the support from all of you helped me to see this - I AM still facing a new challenge! A challenge of myself! Not only have I taken off over 40Lbs, improved my nutrition levels, but also, I AM the best at what I do at work AND I am entering school again in January (there's the new challenge). I have refocused, I have put me in the mix, and I am moving forward and I seriously want to say thank you! You all have been amazing! Even those that didn't know what to offer for advice, you still lent a shoulder, an ear (or eyes in this case, lol), and an empathetic heart. Priceless! Due to that, this stumbling block has been made into a stepping stone and has not derailed the weight loss journey. I know this is long-winded (have a tendency to do that every now and then), but I don't do the whole sentimental/emotional thing very often, so it spews forth when I do let it. :hug: to everyone!

Where's the like button?

mamakat
11-14-2011, 06:22 PM
phone check in: 4mile walk, 65 push ups
6 loads of laundry, cleaned off kitchen table (took over an hour),swept & vacuumed and did the dishes, oh got gas and went to 2 stores. Taxi service too. I'm exhausted. DD told me to stop or i'd die from exhaustion :lol: that's how little I do around here. Even DS's friend was shocked. All this talk of food/calories and I didn't eat lunch, I'm hoping dinner will make up my deficit. :)

berryblondeboys
11-14-2011, 06:23 PM
90 minutes of nonstop raking and we're about 2/3s done with the backyard. My teen was out there with me and actually doing a decent job. The tree near the side yard and our front yard tree haven't dropped their leaves yet where everything around us in the back yard has dropped their leaves. And man, pine trees drop TONS of needles - unbelievable! 5 large piles of pine needles from ONE pine tree.

mamakat
11-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Berry.....I would so love to run through those leaf piles. I love the crunch and flying colors.

berryblondeboys
11-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Berry.....I would so love to run through those leaf piles. I love the crunch and flying colors.

You would have fun. There are 20 piles in the back yard. All of them 4 feet tall. Of course, there are tons of sticks and twigs in there too, so it could be a little dangerous.

Diana3271
11-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Berry That was a wonderful compliment from your DH.

Jomatho I'm glad your foot is better. Did you run today? I hop you get one in tomorrow.

K9 Hi I'm sorry about that gain. I get frustrated, too, from the whole sodium fiasco. Sometimes it will jump on me and other times it won't. Just like this weekend with the mahi tacos. I eat those and the grilled chicken tacos out and rarely have an issue. Sometimes I think it is also has to do with hormones. Why else would the sodium have an effect one time but not another. :dunno: Crazy!

Ashkunc Great job on the 2 pounds!

Vixsin Good to see you check in! Keep it up.

Mamakat Congrats on the pants! Hmm, all that cleaning and walking! You had an active day! :bravo:

Moondance Congrats on the 3 pounds and for making good choices at the parties.

Solarplant I hope you enjoy your vacation. I understand that feeling of not having control. Stay strong.

KaylaChristine Sorry about your falling off the wagon. Pick yourself back up. Today is a new day. You can do it. :hug:

Itsmyturn Thank you for your heartfelt post. :hug: All of you keep me going, every day. I truly appreciate everyone!

Diana3271
11-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

DH wanted to eat close to the house tonight. He decided on Cracker Barrel. Cracker Barrel is one of those places that can make me have a sodium gain or not. I hope this time it doesn't bother me. Just like my post to K9, why does the sodium bother me at times but not at others. I can tell TTOM is getting ready to start. Maybe that's why I had such a sodium gain this weekend. Maybe that's why I wanted the taco sauce in the first place. :dunno: Something to think about.

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (300 Calories)
Grilled Roast beef 400 calories
3 orders turnip greens 300 calories

Exercise:
~The Firm Total Body Toner w/8's & 10's
~TF HIIT 25
~TF Fire 30

IsabellaOlivia
11-14-2011, 10:21 PM
My diet has been really good lately. I ate 1200 cal every day last week.

I'm struggling at the moment with insomnia. I cannnot sleep for the life of me. And as those of you who have suffered insomnia knows after 2 weeks of only 3 hours a sleep a day you start to go pretty wacko. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I can focus on my studies, I zoom out of conversations with ppl, and when at practice I just don't have the stamnia and energy to put in my all when I'm extremely sleep deprived. Insomnia affects my mood. It makes me irritable and I let day to day frustrations get to me more easily. I had a near breakdown when the food I wanted at a restaurant wasn't in stock. I almost screamed at them. *Ashamed* Now, I suffer from anxiety and I'm under treatment for that; I think my pre existing issues is worsened by lack of sleep.

Do any of you know of a magical cure for insomnia?

IsabellaOlivia
11-14-2011, 10:24 PM
You would have fun. There are 20 piles in the back yard. All of them 4 feet tall. Of course, there are tons of sticks and twigs in there too, so it could be a little dangerous.
That would be pure ecstasy for my parents' dog.

ItsMyTurn
11-14-2011, 10:50 PM
As for insomnia - a hot bath and Melatonin seem to be my magic combo :)

Berry - raking is a ton of work, but the kids and I used to stuff and make scarecrows out of them in Maine... then fill pumpkin bags to line the driveway for the Halloween and Thanksgiving season :)

Great job on fitting in some fitness ladies!!!! I got in a 25 min walk and that was it today. The stress has made colon issues react again, but since I have a handle on it now, there is no way it will hold me down like before, I am good to go :)

K9Owner
11-14-2011, 11:47 PM
STAR: I love your new avi!!!

shishkeberry
11-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Oh man, this not smoking thing is extremely difficult. With how much I've been eating lately to compensate, it's a wonder I haven't gained 5lb. I made chili with cornbread for dinner tonight, but I didn't look at the package on the cornbread until I had eaten 4 servings. 170cal each! And you know what I did after that? Ate two more :rolleyes:

But I still haven't had a cigarette. I have come this close to asking DF for one or just rolling one and sneaking it, but I haven't done it. It's getting easier. I can't imagine ever coming to a point in my life where I don't think about it. Have any of you quit for good? If so, did you ever stop craving them?

Isabelle Olivia :hug: That sounds awful. I really hope you can find a way to get some sleep. I usually try sleepy-time tea from celestial seasonings. And this might be TMI, but try an orgasm. :p It's been known to help people fall asleep.

berry One one hand, like mamakat, I'm jealous. I love leaf piles. But on the other hand, I'm really glad we don't have any trees in our yard. I don't want to rake!

mamakat that hike through the woods sounds like it was a lot of fun! I used to sing while I delivered newspapers when I was a teen, but I'm much too self conscious for that now. I actually get embarrassed for myself when I think about it. I wish I had your spirit!

It's My Turn I am continually inspired by you and your wonderful attitude towards everything. I wish only the best for you.

Diana Oh, I love Cracker Barrel! I haven't eaten there in such a long time (and I'm not sure what I'd even get there anymore, since I used to eat mostly fried things when I ate there), but I love looking at their stuff in the store. I'm not that much into country, but they always have something neat.

To everyone else I missed, I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow. I'm going to try, myself. I really want a cigarette.

K9Owner
11-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Quick post for tonight,
Cals 1338
Abs/Hill Interval: 425
Water: 72 oz

My glutes, hams, and abs are burning so badly right now. It literally hurts to sit on my toilet--I know TMI!
This new core routine I'm doing is KILLER! The workouts are 12-16 min in length, but the intensity is so great!
I don't think I've worked some of these muscle groups in over 10 yrs when I quit hanging wallpaper!

mamakat
11-15-2011, 07:17 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I'm loving these TMI commies :D Krystal I too am having aches from all the stuff I did yesterday. I think I shouldn't have done so many push ups, but like your abs, I want guns :) As for Shish, your TMI is actually good advice believe it or not it helps with muscle fatigue and pain as well. It's funny what you learn when you have conditions and yep, orgasms release a chemical in our bodies that helps with muscle fatigue and pain...so funny.

Isabelle I have no idea what a person can do naturally for insomnia. My freshman year in high school, I had it the entire year. The my sophomore year I caught up on :rofl: Two years I had to make up, in two years. I'm probably the only person who isn't a genius who did all four years in two. Plus added correspondence classes in order to get enough credits. I still have insomnia but I treat it with meds. I hope you get some sleep soon :hug:

:wave: to all who are still sleeping.

The sun hasn't even risen yet. I'm exhausted. I even helped with dishes last night. We ate at the table!!!! Haven't done that for at least 8months. Now I have to be a hawk and make sure no one puts their junk on my nice clean table. I do not plan to move today and if I do I'll be amazed. Of course it's Tuesday which means Shrink for son and I. Poor kid got the "I just want to be friends" line on Saturday and then I told him he had to grow up on Sunday. Yikes, I feel bad for him. But I'm happy he opened up to me.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

still
11-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Hi everyone!

I've been gone a few days, as I was at a conference all Saturday and then Sunday DH, DS and I left to drive to Ohio (5.5 hours) for a funeral Monday. We got back last night about 11ish, and now off I go to a full day of work! Ah!

Weight is up 2 lbs to 165. I think its sodium, as we had to spend most of our meals at restaurants and fast food this weekend. So today its on plan, tons of water, and back down to 163! (or 162, that would be even better).

So tired, guys! I need motivation to get up out of my computer chair and face the day!

K9Owner
11-15-2011, 07:30 AM
Down 2 of the 4 lbs from the wknd!
Where the heck did 4 lbs come from? Darn h20 weight.
I defo didn't eat 14K cals!

Anywho, my hammies, glutes, lower back, & inner thighs are screaming this a.m.
It's supposed to rain here, so it's looking like :tread: for me.

If anyone gets serious about doing something new & taking their workouts to a new level, please let me know. I can defo hook you up!

ItsMyTurn
11-15-2011, 07:32 AM
Krystal - Thank you so much :) It's me and the hubster and long overdue to have a newer picture together, so I armed the kids, LOL. Way to go on waking up the glutes :lol: Hopefully restroom gets... ummm... easier? Today, LOL

shish - I had quite well over a year... never stopped craving but... it was less and less as time went on. It was through a pregnancy and nursing... I started within 2 weeks of ending nursing (long story), but in that time, certain things would trigger the cravings though. Mixing up routine would help a bit

mamakat - I can't imagine going so long without a table meal, but it always sounds so hard to peg you all down for one :) Hope the appointment goes well

Nikki - It sure sounds like a full weekend, and sorry about having to attend a funeral :hug: To lose someone and have to do restaurants, and be on the road.... if that is all you gained from sodium, you did well! :)

Thank the Lord, Monday is over and a new day has begun :lol: It may only be 4:30am, but it already feels better than yesterday :) I was able to get some sleep last night, got 6 solid hours! Yesterday the supervisors who turned me down for the position are barely making eye contact with me.. makes no sense from my end, cause I still waved and put on the happy face ;)

K9Owner
11-15-2011, 07:37 AM
Isabella: For my chronic "Shift Work Sleep Disorder", I am an avid Benadryl/Fast Dissolve Melatonin OTC abuser. :lol:
If you need something stronger in Rx form, ask for Ambien CR (more effective than regular Ambien imo), Lunesta, or if you really need 10-12 hrs of
sleep/nite--ask for 12.5mg of Trazadone! OMG!!! Sweet Dreams for HOURS for me when I took that Rx!

kirsteng
11-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Morning ladies!

I had a great day yesterday, totally on plan, feeling good.. and woke up this morning SIX POUNDS HEAVIER. :eek:

Oh well, I know it's nothing I've done.. this is ovulation time but I never realized it made that much difference for me. Can't even wear my wedding ring it's so tight. Hopefully a couple more days and I'll be back down...

Shishkeberry - I quit smoking 10 years ago last summer. I also thought there'd never be a time that I wouldn't miss it and crave it. I felt like I'd lost my best friend... but after a year or so, I literally never thought about it again. I never craved it, never wanted it, didn't matter where I went or who I was with... just was not a part of my existence anymore. It really is a habit, and when you remove that habit from your life and enough time passes, you make new habits (ie the habit of doing other things with your hands/time) and you never think of it again.

Don't worry, you'll get there! You're doing great, keep up the good work! :hug:

Have a fantastic and healthy day everyone~

berryblondeboys
11-15-2011, 07:54 AM
Went to bed at 9:15 pm last night and woke up with the alarm at 6:15. SO NICE to get a full night's sleep. After the night before I got like 3 (maybe). And, another new low! Down another .4

Diana3271
11-15-2011, 07:54 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

This morning, I didn't have a gain (from Cracker Barrel), but I didn't lose either. I am glad for not having a gain. I still feel swollen, though. It will take some time to get rid of the water weight from this weekend. I really think this is because of pending TTOM.

Weigh In: 146.2
No change (sometimes this is good ;))

ItsMyTurn Pretty lady! Love the new avatar!

Berry Congrats! You are rockin' your plan and that scale! :bravo:

redballoon
11-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Really, I am amazed at the number of posts on here. I simply cannot keep up. Reading through quickly. berryblonde, thank you for asking how I was. :thanks: I felt fine today. Really strange. Maybe it was some detox thing going on. I'd worked out hard at the gym the day before and drank some hydrogen water, or something like that. They said it would cause detox but I don't know... :shrug: Oh, and yes, I got the writing down this morning before leaving just after 6 a.m. Hurrah!
ItsMyTurn, OK, I kind of understand. Of course you don't need to try to impress people. Not unless they're shaking your hand with bills in it! :lol3:
I had a great day today, up in the mountains with my horse, a lot of exercise mucking out stalls, lungeing my horse who was racing around and nearly running into me (it was windy), got bit by another, saw a big hawk which is supposed to be good luck AND someone commented that I'd lost weight, that I looked 10 lbs lighter, which is about right since she last saw me. I lose in my face very easily though and that's all she could see since I was in my coat, but still, great, eh?! :yay: Now I'm back home in Tokyo, and going up the other direction to Ibaraki Prefecture tomorrow (today was Yamanashi Prefecture)...heh mamakat, add that to the time calculations! :lol3: where I'll be teaching English to three people (one about 5 years old!) and German, so it should be a looong day. By the way, K9owner, is that you in the photo? What a knockout! And, do you have K9s? Shepherds? I love them.

jomatho
11-15-2011, 08:34 AM
GM girlfriends, and Larry if you are reading along. I went to bed at 8:00 last night, only woke up once, fell right back to sleep until the alarm got me up at 6:30!!!! Amazing. I feel much better. No change on the scale and like Diana said, sometimes that is good. I am closing in on ovulation and this is becoming the more difficult time of month for me lately (weight gain, hunger, cravings), so we will see what happens. I already had a crappy weekend with no workouts, felt like a slug, I need to finish this week strong.
I am sooooo looking forward to running today. I just need to get into that cadence with my feet and breathing and feel the sweat rolling off my face and neck. Love it. I really hope my foot feels alright. I guess I would be more nervous about it if I had actually injured it running, but that wasn't the case.
Need to get some groceries, or at least hit the fruit and meat market today. I am getting back my food mojo. Have been doing some meal planning and am in the mood to get some cooking done too.
Made red beans and rice (with sausage) last night. I soaked my own beans to cut down on the sodium in the canned. It was freaking fantastic, almost too good, I wanted to eat half the pan. I plan to make that recipe again and freeze it into individual portions for grab and go lunches. Potatoes are dirt cheap right now too. I think I will make a batch of freezer french fries, some freezer twice baked potatoes and some potato soup to double up and put half in the freezer. Maybe some squash sides too, that is cheap right now. Oh, and I want to make some homemade chicken patties for the freezer too, I am getting low on my Turkey patties. I need to nab up some turkey while it is on sale too. That will go in the freezer for a while. We'll see if I actually get that all done. Am I making you guys hungry? I know what I will be thinking about while I am running today!

So, should be a good, on plan, healthy eating week :D.

K9Owner
11-15-2011, 09:25 AM
jo: Perhaps I'll see you at the market! :lol: My plan today as well!! :woohoo:

K9Owner
11-15-2011, 09:30 AM
RedBalloon: Yes, that is me...in the flesh.
Yes, I have 2 canines--River lab/pit (2) & Jaxon unsure of his ancestry (14). They were both rescues & I've had them since they were both about 6-8 weeks old.
You can see their pic here (http://k9owner.blogspot.com/2011/05/before-photos_09.html)

Vixsin
11-15-2011, 10:39 AM
OMG JO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am starving now! LOL But I feel you about your food mojo. I just called my food stamp card and YEAH BUDDY!!!! I got my regular stuff plus the bonus I received from the food I lost in the storm! I can't WAIT to go shopping! I am totally going to treat myself to some minced garlic at Whole Foods! Add me to the list who need to go to the fruit and meat stores! I need chicken STAT!!!! :lol:

In weight news, I am down a pound this morning to 195.6. Got a great workout in yesterday! 45 mins on the elliptical. It was amazing! I love the incline on that thing!!! I am going back for more tonight! I also just made my FIRST personal trainer appointment for tomorrow at 430pm with Trainer Steve! I'm very excited!

Yesterday was good. Today, I plan on doing it again!

ItsMyTurn
11-15-2011, 11:19 AM
kirsten - I have no doubt that you will go back down :)

Melissa - Great job on the new low!!!! Amazing!!! I am glad you got a great night of sleep too!

Diana - you are too kind. I am so glad to hear no gain from Cracker Barrel!!! Hopefully you can kick the water weight to the curb ;)

redballoon - Great activity! Sounds like a fun and full day!

jo - Hope you are able to do the running thing and the foot holds out :) Have fun at the market!! Sounds like you totally have your groove of food back on!

Krystal - stock up some fruits for me while you are there, lol... I am running low and too busy to stop today :lol:

Vixsin - Down a pound AND got the money for your food shopping! Today is going to be an awesome day for you!!! YAY!!!! Enjoy!!!

Moondance
11-15-2011, 11:58 AM
But I still haven't had a cigarette. I have come this close to asking DF for one or just rolling one and sneaking it, but I haven't done it. It's getting easier. I can't imagine ever coming to a point in my life where I don't think about it. Have any of you quit for good? If so, did you ever stop craving them?

It will be 11 years...no 12 years I think...this February since I quit. And to date, it has been the hardest yet most rewarding thing I've EVER done. Sometimes it was a minute by minute battle (at the beginning). Distraction was my key. The craving goes away after a few minutes. I had two primary distractions: some stupid leprechaun computer game and a Quit Smoking support forum (http://www.network54.com/Forum/76750/). And trust me...you will think about it less and less. You have to make it through the difficult times (and you will). Everyday is just a little bit easier than the last. I know now that I can't be a casual smoker. Like an alcoholic, one puff on a cigarette and I'd be back to my pack-a-day habit in no time. I hope I never smoke again!

You can do it...Never quit quitting!

berryblondeboys
11-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Girls, I think my arms are wet noodles. Strength training on top of all that raking yesterday and I FEEL IT. Wowzers! But, I'm motivated!!!!!

Vixsin
11-15-2011, 04:30 PM
good Job Melissa!! Feel that burn!

The exercise plan has changed for today. Instead of going to the gym, I need to go home and finish cleaning. That way, I can have some quality time with Maxwell and not have the cleaning hanging over my head! I'll be running up and down stairs and scrubbing, so I'll still be burning calories!!!

IsabellaOlivia
11-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Thanks for all the insomnia advice. I might try out the TMI advices.:o

Today I absolutely did not want to go to kickboxing practice. I had zero motivation. I forced myself to go. I felt a million times better after I went. I cannot rely on motivation for going to practice I just have to go no matter. Like the Nike slogan 'Just Do It'.

Go easy on yourself when you're quitting smoke. It is so so worth it in the long run.

Diana3271
11-15-2011, 10:11 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Chicken Breast 500 calories
2 orders collard greens 200 calories

Exercise:
~Ilaria Montagnani's Powestrike Kickboxing 6 w/weighted gloves
~1000 Jump Ropes

mem7883
11-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Hi everyone,

So glad to have somewhere to turn for accountability tonight! This morning was a hard blow-- skipped a couple days of weighing and did some very unhelpful boredom-eating over the past few days, and the scale told me exactly that this morning. I was higher than ever, even though yesterday I had been really on-track. It didn't seem fair after I had gone to bed feeling proud of myself for starting the new week well.

I'm also really struggling with motivation to get in good strong cardio workouts, and the more I skip the harder they are.

So, today i had a day off while on a business trip in DC, and did very well for myself:

Greek yogurt
Plain coffee
1 apple

1small salad with avocado and 1plain slice rye bread

1salad with sashimi tuna, edamame, seaweed and avocado plus soy sauce

Night snack of 1package plain oatmeal with stevia and water

I feel proud but also was just plain hungry today, too, and it seems to take a lot of focus to eat like this, but apparently, i cant let myself go in the least, or else the weight piles back on for a ride on my thighs. That's just not fun. Anyone else feel this way, like there's no wiggle room here?

attagirl125
11-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Hello all- just joining in. I have vowed to be healther since October 1. It is working for me. Tracking my food choices and getting adequate exercise. I have dropped 14 lbs since Oct 1. I am eating healthy choices and also getting a bite of the things I love.

attagirl125
11-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Berryblonde- I so did the same- turning 43 and decided I really need to make this work. I have so much dreaded disease in my family and I refuse to be subjected. GO FOR IT!

berryblondeboys
11-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Berryblonde- I so did the same- turning 43 and decided I really need to make this work. I have so much dreaded disease in my family and I refuse to be subjected. GO FOR IT!

Yes, I was in denial for years. And then it smacked me in the face. I was 40 years old (just a few days before my 41st birthday) when I found out the horrible state of my health and I knew my father died of a heart attack at the age of 42... Now if that isn't a wake up call, I don't know what is.

shishkeberry
11-15-2011, 11:20 PM
It will be 11 years...no 12 years I think...this February since I quit. And to date, it has been the hardest yet most rewarding thing I've EVER done. Sometimes it was a minute by minute battle (at the beginning). Distraction was my key. The craving goes away after a few minutes. I had two primary distractions: some stupid leprechaun computer game and a Quit Smoking support forum (http://www.network54.com/Forum/76750/). And trust me...you will think about it less and less. You have to make it through the difficult times (and you will). Everyday is just a little bit easier than the last. I know now that I can't be a casual smoker. Like an alcoholic, one puff on a cigarette and I'd be back to my pack-a-day habit in no time. I hope I never smoke again!

You can do it...Never quit quitting!

That's making me feel a little better. I'm glad to hear that it does get easier. I'm almost to the end of day 5. Right now the hard part is after dinner and in the evenings. Especially right after the kids go to sleep. It seems like you and I have/had similar distractions! I'm playing Bingo Island on FB and scouring whyquit.net. I don't think I can be a casual smoker either. I keep telling myself these lies, that just one won't matter, that it doesn't make me a failure, that I'm being too hard on myself. That I deserve one after it took me 2 hours to rock my daughter to sleep. Or I deserve one after I slaved over the stove to prepare a healthy meal for everyone. But I know that they're lies. And for the first time in my life, I'm ignoring those lies. I've always been good at talking myself into things that aren't right for me. It's very hard not to listen like I usually do.

The exercise plan has changed for today. Instead of going to the gym, I need to go home and finish cleaning. That way, I can have some quality time with Maxwell and not have the cleaning hanging over my head! I'll be running up and down stairs and scrubbing, so I'll still be burning calories!!!

Cleaning for exercise is awesome! You accomplish two things at the same time!

Thanks for all the insomnia advice. I might try out the TMI advices.:o

Today I absolutely did not want to go to kickboxing practice. I had zero motivation. I forced myself to go. I felt a million times better after I went. I cannot rely on motivation for going to practice I just have to go no matter. Like the Nike slogan 'Just Do It'.

Go easy on yourself when you're quitting smoke. It is so so worth it in the long run.

Good job on making yourself go to kickboxing! I'm the same way about going to the gym. I have to talk myself into going, but I always feel great after I do. Why do I have to coax myself into doing it if I end up enjoying it so much? I dunno...

I feel proud but also was just plain hungry today, too, and it seems to take a lot of focus to eat like this, but apparently, i cant let myself go in the least, or else the weight piles back on for a ride on my thighs. That's just not fun. Anyone else feel this way, like there's no wiggle room here?

Oh yes, especially lately. I've been stalled since the middle of October, just bouncing around between the same 2-3lb. I have losses when I am way under my calorie goal, but I go right back up again if I go over even 100 cal. And I'm trying to lose 1.5-2lb a week, so it's not like 100 puts me over maintenance or anything. I've been very frustrated lately.

Hello all- just joining in. I have vowed to be healther since October 1. It is working for me. Tracking my food choices and getting adequate exercise. I have dropped 14 lbs since Oct 1. I am eating healthy choices and also getting a bite of the things I love.

:welcome: And congrats on your 14lb loss! That's great!

Hmm, did some exercise today to take my mind off cigarettes. Like I said before, I want to do C25K but I think I need my lungs to heal a bit before I can do it in earnest. Running for two minutes shouldn't leave me incapacitated for more than an hour.

I just want to do this right. I want to lose weight and I want to be healthy and I want to be an ex-smoker and I don't want to f*ck it up or give up. I want to believe that these things are possible. I want to be gentle with myself right now but not too gentle, kwim? I'm proud of myself for making it almost 5 days without a cigarette. I'm proud of myself for losing 58lb. It's just having a hard time sinking in because I was at 289 for such a short time. I'm now at the weight I have been for most of my adult life, so it's almost like the loss is a dream and I haven't changed at all. I can see the numbers and I can see that my clothes are fitting but it's still not entirely real yet. This is so weird. I think once I lose 30 more and get into that "uncharted territory" that it will finally feel real. At least I hope so.

I have been getting more walks in lately. My son doesn't ride the bus this year so I walk him home from school. It's almost a mile there and a mile back. I keep telling myself that we'll walk in the morning, too, but I just can't seem to do it.

K9Owner
11-16-2011, 12:37 AM
I made a post & it was deleted :stress:

Today's Recap
Cals: 1619
Sprints: 325 (45 min on :tread: )
Water: 80 oz

Diana3271
11-16-2011, 07:29 AM

I'm not quite sure where my issue is. It must be pending TTOM. I don't normally hold onto water weight for this long. I even had another gain this morning. Oh well. My calories are good. All I can do is feed and exercise my body. The rest is up to my body. It must need to hold onto water for some reason. I may as well not take it personally. ;)

Calories for yesterday: 1440 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 147.4
Up: 1.2 pounds

mem7883 Hi and Welcome! :wave:

attagirl125 Hi and Welcome :wave:

ItsMyTurn
11-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Popping in real fast before taking off to work:

:welcome: to the new faces :)

shish - you are doing great!

Krystal - demand the post back! :lol:

Diana - no doubt you will level out :)

I will post "better" later :) Have a super day/start to day/end to the day for all :) By the way - anyone heard recently from Larry? I get nervous when it's been awhile

berryblondeboys
11-16-2011, 07:40 AM
And the scale is continuing it's trend downwards! Yay!!! Down another .6 to 177.6. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't let me stall out before I get to 175 as when I stall out, I stall out for weeks!!!!

WannaBeLoserAgain
11-16-2011, 07:58 AM
166! Whooooooosh! Staying on tract. Starting doing some Wii exercises 3-4 x week. (TMI) I also had movements for last 2 days. I think the exercise got everything moving! Whatever....I will take the weight loss! I am so close to goal!

jomatho
11-16-2011, 08:38 AM
And the scale is continuing it's trend downwards! Yay!!! Down another .6 to 177.6. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't let me stall out before I get to 175 as when I stall out, I stall out for weeks!!!!

I am so excited for you! Every morning, I have to come on to see where you are at. Sooooooooooooo close to your original goal now!!!!!:carrot::cheer::carrot:

berryblondeboys
11-16-2011, 08:49 AM
I am so excited for you! Every morning, I have to come on to see where you are at. Sooooooooooooo close to your original goal now!!!!!:carrot::cheer::carrot:

Thanks Jomatho - that means a lot. I was stalled out for 6-7 weeks so to finally see some downward movement is just what I needed to help me keep this motivation alive. I'm working so hard, so to see it paying off finally is doing wonders for this onward push.

Of course, this initial goal was never as ambitious as most people put for their end weight. I just wanted to get to a weight that I felt was possible (and really at 255.6, even 175 seemed almost like a pipe dream). So, I know this journey isn't over and I'll be lowering the goal weight, but this one is HUGE for so many reasons... Then I'll pull a Diana and lower it bit by bit until I get to a good end weight for my body.

jomatho
11-16-2011, 08:51 AM
I got my run in yesterday, made it 60 minutes/5 miles. Add that to the warm up and cool down and I had a great calorie burn yesterday, I needed it. No foot pain during or after or even today, so I am a happy camper. Eating was on plan, maybe a little under calories. I have been sketchy with my food logging, so I plan to catch up on that today.
Didn't get any cooking done yesterday, but made it to the market, so hopefully I can get some cooking done today also.
I will walk this morning and hopefully get in a weight workout too. Phew, I am tired already.

Ok, gotta start the taxi. . . Everyone have a great, on plan day!!!

jomatho
11-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Thanks Jomatho - that means a lot. I was stalled out for 6-7 weeks so to finally see some downward movement is just what I needed to help me keep this motivation alive. I'm working so hard, so to see it paying off finally is doing wonders for this onward push.

Of course, this initial goal was never as ambitious as most people put for their end weight. I just wanted to get to a weight that I felt was possible (and really at 255.6, even 175 seemed almost like a pipe dream). So, I know this journey isn't over and I'll be lowering the goal weight, but this one is HUGE for so many reasons... Then I'll pull a Diana and lower it bit by bit until I get to a good end weight for my body.

I think that was smart. I sort of wish I had set a higher initial goal too, as these last ones go so slow, it would have made it somewhat easier (on the mind). I can sense your motivation in your posts and it makes me smile and want to go workout/eat right. I know you will get there this month (before you stall), keep working it!

ItsMyTurn
11-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Melissa - you are doing amazing!!!!

Wannabe - Great job!

jo - I am so glad the foot issues have healed! You even sound more like yourself now that your movement isn't restricted :)

berryblondeboys
11-16-2011, 08:58 AM
I got my run in yesterday, made it 60 minutes/5 miles. Add that to the warm up and cool down and I had a great calorie burn yesterday, I needed it. No foot pain during or after or even today, so I am a happy camper. Eating was on plan, maybe a little under calories. I have been sketchy with my food logging, so I plan to catch up on that today.
Didn't get any cooking done yesterday, but made it to the market, so hopefully I can get some cooking done today also.
I will walk this morning and hopefully get in a weight workout too. Phew, I am tired already.

Ok, gotta start the taxi. . . Everyone have a great, on plan day!!!

Oh so glad the foot is feeling better. Being laid up because of sickness or injury sucks! It does a number on the head!

berryblondeboys
11-16-2011, 09:04 AM
I think that was smart. I sort of wish I had set a higher initial goal too, as these last ones go so slow, it would have made it somewhat easier (on the mind). I can sense your motivation in your posts and it makes me smile and want to go workout/eat right. I know you will get there this month (before you stall), keep working it!

Thank you again... and yes, it is helping me stay hyper focused by being this close. I probably won't ever get so hyper focused again at whatever weight I pick as from now on it will be just figuring out where my body will settle.

And, to be honest, another reason I didn't choose a different goal end weight is that I have no idea where I should be. Doctors have suggested 160-165 for my body build, but the last time I weighed less than 175 was when I was 18 and I GREW a tiny bit after turning 18! And with loose skin... where will I end up? It's anyone's guess.

Just measured my wrist again (as I've thinned down, so has my wrist - by half an inch!). It measures 6.75 inches... that is really big for a woman, especially of my height...

I don't know 165 is definitely doable, 160 is probably doable, 155 is getting into the "maybe if I was training for a marathon" doable. So, my next goal will be 165 and it might take me a year to lose those 10 pounds!

jomatho
11-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Thank you again... and yes, it is helping me stay hyper focused by being this close. I probably won't ever get so hyper focused again at whatever weight I pick as from now on it will be just figuring out where my body will settle.

And, to be honest, another reason I didn't choose a different goal end weight is that I have no idea where I should be. Doctors have suggested 160-165 for my body build, but the last time I weighed less than 175 was when I was 18 and I GREW a tiny bit after turning 18! And with loose skin... where will I end up? It's anyone's guess.

Just measured my wrist again (as I've thinned down, so has my wrist - by half an inch!). It measures 6.75 inches... that is really big for a woman, especially of my height...

I don't know 165 is definitely doable, 160 is probably doable, 155 is getting into the "maybe if I was training for a marathon" doable. So, my next goal will be 165 and it might take me a year to lose those 10 pounds!

Yeah, I truly believe you will settle at a weight and know it is the right weight. And then, if it starts to feel right again, you can always lose a pound or two more when you want/need to.
I know I have at least 15-20 more pounds to lose and after that, I am banking on knowing when I hit the right weight. If it ends up being my original goal weight, great, if not, so be it, I just want to feel good, that matters more than a number on the scale anyways, right? I know 145 may be too low for me, but if I don't have an end weight, I am afraid I will get complacent and not keep pushing. But if I never get to a goal, that would defeat me too, I just want to "finish" and actually hit my goal, kwim?
I had to think about what you said about the extra skin. Do you think you have more weight now than when you were younger because of extra stretched out skin? I had never thought of that. Does it weigh more stretched out than it did when it was tight? :lol: that is a funny thought to me, but may be true!?

jomatho
11-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Popping in real fast before taking off to work:

:welcome: to the new faces :)

shish - you are doing great!

Krystal - demand the post back! :lol:

Diana - no doubt you will level out :)

I will post "better" later :) Have a super day/start to day/end to the day for all :) By the way - anyone heard recently from Larry? I get nervous when it's been awhile

Hi Star! Glad you are feeling better and turning your disappointment into motivation! As for Larry, he just posted end of last week I think with a 2# loss. I think he is just posting when he loses weight or wins a good battle with sodium/calories. I hope he is okay too. Larry, if you are reading this, check in and let us know you are doing okay!

mamakat
11-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

mem7883 Hi and :welcome:

attagirl :welcome: congrats on the 14lbs down.

Shish you're doing great, I'm so proud of you.

Diana Good morning, sorry about the gain. Hope it melts away soon.

ItsMyTurn Good morning, I've been wondering about Larry as well...hope he is doing well.

Berry Glad the scale is cooperating for you, keeping my fingers crossed for your goal. :)

WannaBe Congrats on the whooooosh :)

Jomatho Good morning, hope you get your cooking in and so glad your foot is better.

To all those I have missed :wave: hi, I hope you are all well :)

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day :)

Vixsin
11-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Good Morning All,

No formal workout last night. I managed to get about 20 mins of some dancing in and i did some cleaning. MFP gave me a couple hundred cals for it, so that's good. TOM showed up yesterday. :yay: I already can't wait for him to be GONE!!!

I'm up .2 today to 195.8. I am on plan though!!! Like a rockstar! I want to see what kind of a whoosh I can get with this one. LOL That will be the best way to lead into Thanksgiving! On the healthy train!!! LOL

life is beginning to turn around toward the positive again. :) I have my appt today with Trainer Steve. I'm nervous and excited!

K9Owner
11-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Morning all!
I've managed to kill DH's pc charger!
WTH!!!

Thank You, Jesus for my iPhone!!!

It's a wet day in the south, and I'm taking my workout to the park!
You heard correctly! I have 4 different exercises lined up (50sec intervals w/a 10sec rest & 3 sets) super high intensity, then I'll run a mile.

My upper thighs feel like a train hit them!
If the old addage is true that sore muscles hold onto water, I'll be expecting another 4lb gain before Friday! BRING IT!!!
I'm about to give them more to be sore for sure!!!
Does that sound redneck??? :rofl:

Moondance
11-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Happy Wednesday!

Scale is still showing 192, so I guess my 3 pound loss is a reality! :carrot:

Had to get my temporary bridge re-cemented yesterday as it came loose Monday afternoon. He used a more permanent cement this time. I thought I was all done with this stuff last March. :(

:welcome2: Welcome to all the new faces!

Berry: You are such an inspiration! I just love your determination and positive attitude. It carries over into everything and spills out for others to grab onto too. Congratulations on your continued success! :D And I sincerely hope you reach 175 before another stall. My fingers are crossed for you!:crossed:

Shiskeberry: Remember: You do not reward yourself with cigarettes. What kind of reward is coughing fits, smelly clothes and hair, and disease? :nono: Try other personal stuff...a long hot bubble bath, yoga or stretching, foot massage, scrapbooking, etc. Whatever else you enjoy. You're doing great. Don't stop!!! And don't be surprised (or discouraged) if your body doesn't lose any weight for a week or two. If you're at a weight you maintained for a while, it may not want to let go. Be patient, be proud! :cp:

K9: Don't you just hate when work disappears? Congrats on staying OP! Your exercise regime is impressive. I think you WILL have abs! :woohoo:

Diane: Maybe your body got a secret forecast for drought...:sunny:

ItsMyTurn: You have a great day too. You also have such a super attitude! Thanks for sharing it with us here! :goodvibes

WannaBe: Congrats on the Woosh! How wonderful to be so close to goal! :cloud9:

Jo: So glad your foot is feeing better! I know it's been holding you back for awhile now. Congrats on not letting it derail you. That too is a real accomplishment!:dancer:

MamaKat: Hi to you...hope you're having a productive :write: (laundry-free) day. If you keep listening to me, you'll have to buy new clothes for the family just to have something clean to wear! :p

Vixsin: Hope you get the whoosh you're looking for. Enjoy Trainer Steve. BTW, I've developed a mental image of what Trainer Steve looks like. If he's anything other than young, built, and sexy don't tell me! Don't want to burst the fantasy bubble! :bubbles:

KaylaChristine
11-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Hello everyone! I've been mostly on track the past two days, so that's good. My weight is slowly going back down, hopefully I'll see my lowest again soon. But that's unlikely, since TOM is starting on Tuesday -.-

Breakfast:
Oatmeal

Lunch:
Unsure, maybe tuna salad w/ wheat thins.

Dinner:
Homemade beef stroganoff, mad with garlic flavored cooking cream (it's in the crockpot right now and it smells soo good). Not sure on the calories, but I'm only having 1 cup of it. It's full of protein (I'm using stew beef chunks) so while the calories probably aren't the best, it's a good use of calories. The meat & cream are in the crockpot and when I get home I will make the noodles. I plan on combining it all and then sorting it into serving sizes to figure out how many calories I'm actually eating.

I will be going for a jog after I eat dinner, definitely.

Vixsin
11-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Vixsin: Hope you get the whoosh you're looking for. Enjoy Trainer Steve. BTW, I've developed a mental image of what Trainer Steve looks like. If he's anything other than young, built, and sexy don't tell me! Don't want to burst the fantasy bubble! :bubbles:

I'm hoping for the hottie side of things myself. We shall see!!! :crossed: I'll be there before my appointment to get some quality elliptical time in so maybe I'll spot who he is. LOL

mamakat
11-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Moondance Loved all your emoticons! I am having a great writing day except for a snag that I didn't research, now I have to go back and rework it, but it can be done. I have been doing laundry like a mad woman. So glad the 3lbs have stayed gone, I think I have them :)

Since cleaning off my kitchen table, I can work down stairs next to the laundry room, so I have no excuses. I've been staying on top of chores this week which is totally freaking everyone out...including me. Dr. laughed when he heard about it. Last night after dinner, I read 7 chapters of Catcher in the Rye to my kids (11&15) it helps DS who has ADHD. My throat is killing me today, I'm hoping its just from reading and not a cold, but my head is achy too. So no exercise in two days, my neck is twisted anyway. Not sure how I'll lose the added pounds, but I'm not worried, I know it'll come off. :)

Diana3271
11-16-2011, 02:32 PM
K9 Hi! :wave: You gave that treadmill a workout! Great job! Nothing wrong with a little redneck. ;)

Itsmyturn Hi :wave: I hope you are having a fantastic day!

Berry Great job on the .6! I remember my original goal and still my lifetime goal was to get below 200. I never, ever thought I would go as low as I am now. I remember being totally amazed everytime I would have a loss after the initial goal. Another thing I never mentioned here. I always thought I was a big person. I have always been very overweight, but I thought I was big boned/framed. The reasons I thought this was because I have big feet, I am taller than most women, and have always had very large hips. I now realize that I am not a big boned/framed person. I am probably normal size. I don't know exactly where to measure, but I measured my wrist this morning. I measured below the bone (closer to the elbow vs. wrist). It's 5 1/2 inches. Do you know what that means? I see you talk about that, but I'm not knowledgable about it. You will know where to stop your weight loss, where you feel comfortable. Something else that still amazes me is that my Dr. told me about the weight she thought was good for me. Other people on here, that are a similar height than me, their Dr. told them a higher weight. I find all of that interesting, althought I don't understand it. Maybe it has to do with frame size. :dunno:

Wannabeloseragain Congrats on that whoosh! :carrot:

Jomatho Great job on that run and no pain! :carrot:

Mamakat Hi :wave: I hope you are having a great one!

Vixsin Hi :wave:

Moondance LOL @ the draught! It's funny you mentioned that. Yesterday I drank a little less water because I have been so bloated. I guess that totally backfired! :dizzy:

Kaylachristine That beef stroganoff sounds delish!

redballoon
11-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Flyby because I gotta get to the gym! Wow, I had to go back a page to see my last post. I hadn't realized I hadn't been here in so long (?) so many posts (?) Will try to catch up later. K9Owner, I saw your dogs. They are so sweet, as are you for taking them in! :yes: Thank you!

Diana3271
11-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave:

Hello TTOM! Maybe I will get rid of some of this water weight now!

Total Approx 1380 Total Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (640 Calories)
Bread w/butter 160 calories
6 ounce Sirloin 260 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 220 calories

Exercise:
Project You Full Body Circuit w/8's & 10's
TF HIIT 25

Vixsin
11-16-2011, 10:55 PM
So Trainer Steve was a 21 yr old :yikes:, blonde haired, blue eyed, bulky, beefy hunk of man. I felt like I was his mom at times. LOL He was adorable. He gave me some great information and I told him that my whole mission is to bridge the gap from cardio to weight training so that I can get a better handle on my loose skin and build some lean muscle. I have my next meeting with him next week where we will go over the plan he has set up for me.

Got a great workout tonight as well. I did 20 mins on the elliptical at ungodly resistance and then met with Steve and then hopped on the treadmill for 20 mins! I actually RAN! It felt so good to be running. I love how running makes me feel so strong! Needless to say, my legs are achey already...which means I am gonna be SUPER sore in the morning/afternoon. I love exercise!

IsabellaOlivia
11-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Tomorrow, I'm venturing out and buying a scale. Weighing at the doctor twice a year is too little. I'm extremely extremely nervous about what the weight will tell me.

berryblondeboys
11-16-2011, 11:01 PM
So Trainer Steve was a 21 yr old :yikes:, blonde haired, blue eyed, bulky, beefy hunk of man. I felt like I was his mom at times. LOL He was adorable. ... I love exercise!

So, some eye candy while you work out! It's a win-win!

berryblondeboys
11-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Tomorrow, I'm venturing out and buying a scale. Weighing at the doctor twice a year is too little. I'm extremely extremely nervous about what the weight will tell me.

A scale will just give you more knowledge - good or bad and you'll just continue from there.

berryblondeboys
11-16-2011, 11:03 PM
OK, has anyone seen LarryH around? Did he say he was leaving or would be busy for awhile?

K9Owner
11-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Another super check in for tonight.

Cals:1499
Abwork + Ran-A-Mile: 281

This feels sooooo generic to me! I seriously need a new lappie!

Larry H
11-17-2011, 12:51 AM
OK, has anyone seen LarryH around? Did he say he was leaving or would be busy for awhile?

Melissa, Thanks for asking :hug: I have been really busy with the Shriners lately and have not had much time for sitting at my computer. I seem to be having a rough time with snacking after supper. Usually it is a healthy snack but too much of a good thing is still too much. I think I will have to totally eliminate evening snacks for a while. I can't seem to have just a little. This evening for example I had four large apples. Oh well no one said this would be easy but it would be worth it.

My DW went to the eye doctor for her 6 month diabetic eye exam and the news was not good. The eye pressure is too high and the doc says she has beginning glaucoma. He prescribe eye drops and told her she would need to use them daily for the rest of her life. She goes for a follow up appointment next month to see if the drops are working.

Larry,

still
11-17-2011, 07:07 AM
Hey everyone!

Blah. Weigh in at 165 today. I've been doing well eating and drinking since the funeral, but I also started a new birth control pill this past weekend. So I made it down to 163 before, but now back to 165. I'm not sure if its continued water weight from the weekend, new bloat from the pill, or what. I'll just keep keepin' on, and eventually it'll resolve itself!

Things have been crazy busy here. 12 days till Disney, and lots to get ready!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Vixsin
11-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Well I was right. 197.8 this morning. Up by 2 lbs. My legs are really sore this morning and I think they may still get worse. LOL No worries, I can still walk up and down the stairs without yelping, so I'm good. LOL Of course TOM is raging this month which is NO HELP AT ALL!! And to add to all of that, I didn't get enough sleep last night. LOL

So take your pick as to the reason I'm up 2 lbs this morning. No worries here. I am on plan today and drinking lots of water. Not sure if I'll make it to the gym today. I think I may do a little yoga today and try to stretch out my legs.

Need to get us motivated. Will check back after I get to work.

berryblondeboys
11-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Just a quick run in and hopefully more later, but up .2. Hubby is up more than a pound, from homemade bean soup (beans not from a can)?

Diana3271
11-17-2011, 08:10 AM

Weigh In: 146.2 (TTOM)
Down: 1.2 pounds

mamakat
11-17-2011, 08:39 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Diana good morning. nice to see the pounds dropping for you.:)

Berry I've had beans two days in a row (DH made chili) and I'm not liking my scale this week at all. Hope you have a great day :)

Krystal good morning. are you still using your phone or DH's computer? I'd have gone crazy by now without a laptop. Its weird how glued to mine I am. I actually have scars from the heat of it on my legs. I've tried several table thingys but haven't found one comfortable enough, so I'm just slowly cooking myself...add that to all my coffee cup and hot bowl burns and I'm a mess :rofl: Your workouts are awesome, how's the abs coming?

Vixsin Steve sounds nice :D I hope you and he can work out together (get it he's a trainer and you two just met...sorry in a silly mood this morning) hope the yoga and stretching help with the muscle soreness :)

Still when you saying "drinking since the funeral" I'm gonna assume you mean water :) I'm sure you'll see 163 before your 12 days are up. It's a funny week, seems like lots of us are gaining even though were on plan, is they moon changing shape :)

Larry so glad you are doing well. Four apples? Ugh, I'd have a tummy ache after that. Sorry to hear about your wife's eyes...I hope the drops help :)

Isabella what kind of scale are you going to get? It took me a week to figure how to use mine...I'm no good with technology. I wanted one that measures my fat % and water % but now I just weigh and don't even look at the other stuff. I hope your scale helps and not hinders...how is your sleeping? Are you getting any? I sure hope so. :)

redballoon good evening? How was your day?

ItsMyTurn :wave: good morning. How was yesterday?

Jomatho :wave: good morning. Did you get to cook?

Moondance :wave: good morning.

Shish :wave: good morning.

Sum :wave: good morning. How have you been? Where have you been? :)

To all those I have missed :wave: good morning.

Well all the weight I lost last week, I have regained in two days. Yup, plus another couple of ounces. I seriously have no idea why except maybe the beans and the sodium in the chili and hamburgers last night. DH asked why I didn't wake up this morning and I think its because I have a cold. It didn't get any worse so I'm still not sure it's a cold or just a little run-down. :shrug:

GUESS WHAT? I finished ALL the laundry yesterday. And pumped out a chapter and a half. I wrote myself in a corner...like you do mopping and now have to figure out how to move the story along. But I think today I'm gonna sleep because I am tired. Or maybe not, I just go with the flow right now. Today is a New Haven day and I'll be going in at 4 and leaving at 5...ugh, rush hour traffic in this town is a nightmare...I'd rather be in Los Angeles :p

Have a wonderful and healthy day

jomatho
11-17-2011, 08:42 AM
Good morning everyone. Not much time to post, I'm late today. I breezed through everyone's updates from yesterday and glad to see everyone is doing really well and if not, they are not sweating the small stuff. We are all smart and know small fluctuations are normal.
All I did for exercise yesterday is my hour walk in the morning. I did do some running around and was busy around the house, but feel I need to do more than that. So my goal today is to do a little more than yesterday. Sounds reasonable.
My weight is standing still, I think I am ovulating today (or tomorrow) so I hope I don't see a blip up.
Just sticking with my plan.

SillyFilly17
11-17-2011, 10:57 AM
Today was a big test. I finally got back on track and one of my staff brought me a great big Boston Cream donut. I looked at it and thought I just can't eat that! Yay!

ItsMyTurn
11-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Vixsin - I am so glad you got a hottie for a trainer (that's what the visualization was that I had, lol). Also very happy he is getting you on a plan perfect for you!!!

Larry - Good to hear from you! When you post I know the hospital has been averted for another day :) :hug:

Mamakat - you were very productive yesterday! Great job!

As for me, not gonna lie, yesterday was a rough day - not diet-wise, but just LONG. I worked extra time to cover for coworker, so had a bunch of pent up/can't stand sitting that long/stuck at the office all day emotion to work through. So when I got home, had supper with the family and got on the elliptical to make the stress melt away. First 5 mins were rough with knee, put on the brace and continued through...then... adrenaline rush (kind of like a runner's high where you feel you are in neutral and could go forever) kicked in. So completed the Cardio Blast program setting, and kept striding while reseting it and going right into the Fat Burner program setting! I did both workouts and was finally exhausted at the end :D Was so proud, felt so good, and was relaxed as could be when I came down off it... Perfect end to the evening!!!! DH starts his first day of work today (during his 2 wk orientation he will be working days), and it was weird! I am so used to him packing my lunch, making my breakfast and coffee for me... I have so got to relearn how to take care of myself in a morning :lol:

berryblondeboys
11-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Did 45 minutes of spinning today - take that scale that went up today!

I want to get to 175 SOOOOOOOOO BAD - and how close is Thanksgiving? UGH!!!

Itsmyturn Way to use that negative energy for something useful! You should be super proud of yourself!

Moondance
11-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Happy Thursday!

Truckin' along here. Ate a little too much (ok, maybe more than a little) of the Crock pot blackberry pork roast I made last night. It was a case of the taste being sooo yummy that my mouth wouldn't quit. But all in all, I'm still feeling confident, determined, and steady. Which is a :censored: good feeling to have for a change while losing weight.

My big test will be next week while in Michigan with family for Thanksgiving...

Vixsin: Ahhh...:love:Trainer Steve:love:...Ok, I'm back now. I'm very envious that you have a trainer. :drool: Maybe as a X-mas gift to myself... But congrats on your workout. I know that power feeling from running. So glad for you that you've got it back!! :running:

MamaKat: How's your neck today? WHAT???? You finished all the laundry? Wow! :yikes: Guess that means I can't put mine off anymore either. Hope your New Haven day isn't too frustrating. :lucky:

Diane: Here's hoping you have a water whoosh!! :goodscale

Berry: You crack me up! :rofl: Don't underestimate Trainer Steve...he's so much more than "eye candy" (in my mind anyway)! :love:

Larry: Sorry to hear about your DW! Hopefully the drops will help. And what's with all the apples??? ;) I think your plan is probably a good one! :)

Still: I too wondered what you were drinking since the funeral... :lol: Any or all of those things could contribute to the fluctuations. I can't wait to hear all about your Disney trip. I'm late in the game...is it Disneyland or Disney World you're going to? Either way...FUN! :dance: I took my teens to Magic Kingom at Disney World last summer. It became a running joke to say "Its' the happiest place on earth" everytime we saw a crying/whining kid (which was a lot). We laughed every time. :lol:

Jomatho: Glad to see you're having another OP day! Have a nice one. :flow1:

SillyFilly: Congrats on resisting the donut. That was some good willpower there! :broc: One temptation at a time...

It'sMyTurn: Glad to see you today. I'm sorry you had such a rough day yesterday. :hug: Long days can be so draining. What impresses me the most is your determination with exercise. :cheer2: Many of us (myself included) would have used the difficult day as an excuse to just lay around and relax. But you didn't. You got in there and really kicked some :censored:. Congratulations! :congrat: And thank you for being such an incredible inspiration! :angel:

RedBalloon: Hi :wave:

Isabella: Hi :wave:

K9: Hi (hope you get a laptop soon!) :comp:

jomatho
11-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Whew, I'm pooped. So far today I went for a 60 min. walk, a 30 min. run, showered and then ran through the grocery store (not literally :lol:)
I just wanted to pop back in and say I did more than yesterday which was my goal for today :D Wonder how many days I can keep that going?

berryblondeboys
11-17-2011, 03:26 PM
spinning class was great, but I was glad it was a 45 minute class and not an hour. That class gets boring to me for a full hour. I could have gone a full hour, but I think I pushed myself harder knowing I needed to make every minute count. So, I exercised M, T, W, Th, and will again on F and Sa and hopefully Su. A fullllll week. That's great and it felt great, but once a day is enough for me. I can't handle more than that or I start to feel sluggish. I give it my all for that hour (dripping sweat), but then - enough for the day.

K9Owner
11-17-2011, 04:30 PM
JO: :yay: for succeeding today!

Moondance: I think each of us (American descent) will have our own set of challenges next Thurs!

Star: I'm so thrilled to hear your DH found a PT job! I hope he likes it! :bravo: on kicking that elliptical's butt!! WTG ;)

MamaKat: I'm using DH's pc and my phone--neither of which are like my Vaio!

Diana: How did I know you would be ok with the southern slang!! :lol: Gotta love it!

Vix: I hope you like the workout routine Trainer Steve plans for you. IDK if I'd be so savvy to a stranger planning out my routine, but whatever works--right???

Isabella: There is NO WAY I could weigh in 2x/yr! I'd seriously go mad! But then again, I didn't weigh for 2.5 yrs before April...hmmmmm!

Nikki: When do you leave for Disney & how long are you all planning to stay? I've never been there, and surprisingly, I have NEVER had the desire to go!

Larry: So so sorry to hear about your DW! I am glad you are well and still popping in to keep us updated.

Melissa: I took a spinning class once.. I HATED every spin of it. Good for you for powering through the class!

AFM: My mom texted me this a.m. and inquired about the feast for Thursday. I told her I was bringing turkey, yams, & butternut squash. She wrote me a list--literally--of food she would be bringing. OMG! Then, she asked if there was anything "special" that I would like for her to make just for me. My mom is this way--she prepares some staple food for each individual in our family :shrug:
My only request was that all the desserts be made with chocolate!! :lol: nothing fruity. She asked why! :rofl: All of my family likes chocolate except my dad and I--we are the fruit loops of the family--as well as coconut eaters!

I told her I had been doing really well and that I hated to ruin it over 1 day--or even derail (I know me, 1 day turns into several).
She stated, "I really need to get my eating under control, but where to start???" I joked--as usual--"Well, you can start at your kitchen table & pass on all the second helpings!"

Who knows what all she will bring, pecan pie for sure, as my niece, the nursing student LOVES this! I cave over that sugar-infested concoction! I asked her to make a chocolate pecan pie--just for Chels, but something tells me that request is out of the question! :stress:

Moondance
11-17-2011, 04:46 PM
All of my family likes chocolate except my dad and I--we are the fruit loops of the family--as well as coconut eaters!

I'm sorry... blanked out after this. Don't like chocolate??? Oh how I wish that were my affliction. Apparently I literally can't live without it since I can't go more than a few days with out consuming it.

K9Owner
11-17-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm sorry... blanked out after this. Don't like chocolate???

:rofl:

I know I'm WEIRD!

shishkeberry
11-17-2011, 05:48 PM
K9, I know how you feel about chocolate. Most people don't believe me when I tell them I don't like chocolate cake or ice cream. I like regular chocolate sometimes, but I really have to be in the mood for it. But I love hot chocolate! :T

I'll do some more personals tonight after the kids are in bed, just a quick update. I'm almost to a whole week without a cigarette (I'll hit 7 days tonight at 1:30). I was walking to pick up my son from school and I walked by a man smoking a cigarette on his porch. I could smell it. I really wanted it but I kept walking. Haha, who am I kidding, I wouldn't have asked him for one. I never did that even when I wasn't avoiding them. I'm way too shy for that.

I haven't had any crazy gains but I am still around 231. I've been here for about a month now. :(

berryblondeboys
11-17-2011, 05:51 PM

I know I'm WEIRD!

I'm not a big chocolate fan either and it's come in handy many times. Though, I 'like' chocolate and will and can eat it, but I'm not drawn to it and when I have it, I like it in small quanitities. Too much of it and I get stomach cramps and feel awful. It can't be the main feature in the dessert or the candy or else it's too much for me and I am not tempted by it. Now, as an accent - oh boy, that's a whole different story.

redballoon
11-17-2011, 06:22 PM
I was sure I posted here, but there is nothing....something strange. My Internet connection broke off before so maybe I posted but it didn't go through and I didn't notice. And now it's lost. Well, it was a sorry post anyhow....

The scale is not moving, well, barely. I am bummed. How do you all put up with that? Is there anything that makes it move? Anything you do? Those of you without that much to lose, who are having steady weight loss, how do you deal with these stalls? Do you just sit tight and continue on or do you shake something up?

Diana3271
11-17-2011, 10:52 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner
2 Grilled Chicken tacos 600 caloreis
sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
Cathe's MMA Boxing w/weighted gloves
Cathe's Heavy Bag workout w/weighted gloves

ItsMyTurn
11-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Melissa - Way to show that scale who's boss! Nice spinning! :)

Moondance - Your post made me hungry, :lol:

jo - I am tired just reading what you did :)

Krystal - Thank you, I am so happy DH found the job too and he says he thinks he will be happy working there for now, so double yay! I gave him crap about expecting me to take care of myself though, we both got a chuckle out of that :) Your mom sounds dangerous for a diet, but fun for a holiday! :) Tell her I love me some fruit pie too! :D

shish - dang girl, almost 7 days!!!! That's huge!!! Great job!!!!

redballoon - remember that small movement is still MOVEMENT :) You are doing great :)

Got home tonight and cooked supper... well, sort of cooked supper - I started it and "taught" my youngest how to finish it: aka - pawned it off on her, :lol: Then got my workout clothes on, ate a protein bar (I didn't have supper) and then up on the gym... my youngest DD joined me and she did 40 mins and I did 50...then I came downstairs and did the elliptical... wow... pooped out... energy gone :) Now if only the brain would stop when the body got tired :lol: Hope everyone has an awesome night... and Happy Friday-Eve!!!!!

Diana3271
11-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Itsmyturn Fantastic workout! :carrot:

K9Owner
11-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Star: I 2nd Diana's :carrot: AWESOME workout, gf!

Today's Plan :kickbutt: uhm and my legs! I'll spare you all the grueling details. Let's just say the cals from my HRM came nowhere close to what I actually burned, but the walk is the only time I had it on.
I'm going to post my food tonight b/c DH's pc is back up and running, and I like to know that perhaps I give others some ideas for clean eating.

Chocolate Banana Protein Shake, 5 pieces of Hissho Sushi: 444
Chicken Garden Salad (raw peppers, Romaine, English cucumber, carrots), 2.25 TBS Altered Ranch Dsg (1/2 Regular Ranch 1/2 FF Ranch mixed with Thyme and water), Raspberry Greek Yogurt: 280
6 oz Coffee w/1 Pkt Sugar in the Raw and 2 tsp Lite Coffee Mate: 40
1/2 Shirataki Bowl using Laura's Lean, 1 Broiled Portabella Mushroom Cap stuffed with yellow & orange peppers, onion, 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese, Basil, Oregano, & 1 tsp Olive oil, So Delicious Vanilla with NSA Raspberries :drool: Cranberry Juice: 522
Total: 1286

K9walk w/10 hill intervals: 188
16 Minutes of Pure Blissful Core: too many to account for! :lol:

If you look at my MFP diary for today, it looks like I ate sooooo much food! This was defo one of Diana's veggie-lover's days! Sure do wish more than 1/week were like this for me!

Tomorrow is :goodscale for me. I'm expecting a GAIN! Even though last wknd's 4 lb water weight gain is coming off, I still expect to be up on the scale, b/c my legs are BURNING! :devil: I don't care though! I am stronger! I can do some core exercises & my abs are breaking through my little cooler! I am doing new things. I feel a burn in places I haven't felt in a long time--even with doing so much running and Zumba. I know eventually some of this will start to pay off--at least that is my present hope--and this dreaded 4 month (ongoing) plateau will resolve. And, even if it doesn't, the fat will have turned to abdominal hotness! ;)

happyday
11-18-2011, 12:08 AM
I am excited I have lost another pound. You are all such an inspiration to me and it gets me excited to stick with a healthy plan to lose weight. I noticed if I eat more protein at dinner that really helps curb the hunger in the evening.

shishkeberry
11-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Larry, it's good to see you around and I'm sorry to hear about your wife's eye trouble.

still great attitude, and I hope you have a wonderful time at Disney! I've never been.

Vixsin I've been thinking about yoga, but I'm afraid I'm too heavy to start. When did you start? Any tips on some sites I can look at for beginners?

mamakat :hug: I hope that water leaves you soon, and great job on the laundry! I have laundry that I washed on Monday and I still haven't folded or put it away. I HATE it!

SillyFilly Great job on turning down that Boston Creme!

ItsMyTurn :lol: I can't wait until I can pass off cooking onto my son! Sometimes I enjoy it but sometimes it feels like a tedious chore. But he's too short and easily distracted. *sigh* He helps on occasion but I think he'd burn down the house if I left him to it.

Everyone else that I missed, hello!

Only 1.5 hours left of the first week. 7 days, everyone! I haven't had a cigarette in 7 days. Holy crap.

madmadz
11-18-2011, 03:52 AM
Hi everyone. I am in Stall city. And I blew my diet wide open today at Five Guys Burgers. Giant cheeseburger, insane amount of fries and went back for a second cheeseburger. I have cured my migraines finally. I bought an inversion table and they instantly went away once I started using it a few times a day. Maybe my motivation will come back now that Im not hurting every day. I hope you are all doing well. I have just been quiet and keeping up though.

redballoon
11-18-2011, 07:15 AM
ItsMyTurn -- Thanks. You're right. :yes: It is progress. I know it is. I am not eating enough for it not to be. And, a lot of the "effort" I have put in was not directly related to weight loss (as in calorie expenditure). It was about making the eating changes, bringing the food to work, resisting so much junk and sweets and having to deal with a lot of problems totally unrelated. Thanks for the support. It really helps.

mamakat
11-18-2011, 07:31 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Insomnia is a weird thing...or maybe it's anxiety, not sure on this one. BUT DH had to go to work at 3.30 this morning, he needs to get an AZ job out by 11. I couldn't fall back to sleep after our good-bye kiss. I kept closing my eyes and opening hoping I dozed off and it was closer to 6. Finally at 5.45 I said forget it and got up. I was boring myself :p

First morning weigh shows no promise. But I'm not really in the mood to care. Yesterday's travel to New Haven was the worst. At 3.30 it was rainy and dark and I-95 was a parking lot so I got off in West Haven and traveled through the city...OMG talk about stress and anxiety. And I had no idea where I was going I was just hoping I'd happen upon the museum. LOL, I did. I was 10 mins late...I hate being late. Gave us something to talk about :)

madmadz glad the inversion table is working for you. :)

shish wtg on kicking the habit, you are rocking it! My DS is nearly as tall as his father and he'd still burn the house down if he cooked :rofl: I think I told you all once, he used to carry around a fire extinguisher everywhere he went. He's afraid of fire and to get him to even heat something up in the microwave is like pulling teeth :) Keep up the great work on breaking that habit!

happyday awesome job on the lost pound. You're doing great!

Krystal I loved reading "my abs are breaking through the cooler" that's such a cute image...and I'm glad it's working. Awesome job on the workouts, girl!

ItsMyTurn how come you didn't eat the dinner too? Just curios. So are weights upstairs and elliptical downstairs? My mind never shuts down, not even in sleep. It can even out power Ambien...like this morning. I hope you got some much needed sleep :)

redballoon during the summer I stalled for 5.5 weeks on the 243 (which is funny because a lot of people have stalled on that number) but you keep doing all the right things and eventually it shows on the scale. BUT it was showing on tape measure, are you measuring?

Berry you are rocking the workouts. I think you'll see your goal soon:)

moondance the neck is a pain in the butt :p I fell asleep the other night on the couch and everything went back and I felt great then I went upstairs and slept in my bed all back out again. Ugh, I think it's because I'm hunkering over the computer at the table. My body likes the recline position :D Thank you for asking...it'll work itself out eventually.

good morning to all those I missed :wave:

Well today is going to be an all about son day. He had his first heartbreak and just doesn't want to face the world right now. Now you didn't hear this from me, but I'm allowing him to stay home (just today) as he says he'll just freak out if he sees her. Aw, my baby is heartbroken :( I realize this is going to happen a hundred times in life, but it's his first one...what else do mothers get celebrate (or mourn in this case) with their boys. DD and I will have many girly moments, but my boy well, I'm the only one who knows...he told me and I'm so happy and sad :lol: Roller coaster ride here we come.

Have a wonderful and healthy day everyone!

redballoon
11-18-2011, 07:37 AM
mamakat, 5 1/2 weeks stalled at 243?!?! How is that possible? And you WERE not overeating and you were exercising? It was a real stall?1 My God, I would never be able to weather that. Never. I would starve myself or dehydrate myself, do anything to make the scale budge. Why do you think this happened?
As for measuring, yes, this time I am and that is what is making me angry, because the measurements (the ones I take) are not doing much at all either. But that's just it, isn't it? They're not doing much and how could they? It's only been a month and I have lost some weight. Also, all the sagging skin and fat sinking downward means the measurements are not changing but my body is. It has to be. I think I have to try to do something else to measure weight loss, like wear some tight, non-stretchy fabric and try to measure there. That, however, is dangerous, because trying on tight clothes feels awful anyhow. Well, I'll keep at it. Thanks for your support!!

ItsMyTurn
11-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Diana - Thank you and Good morning :wave:

Krystal - Thank you :) I love the variety of foods you were able to fit in there :D That looks like a super well-rounded eating day!!! Go ABS!!!! I am with you on expecting a gain tomorrow; Muscles are sooo sore! Because my youngest joined me, of course I felt the need to do more and slower (while demonstrating proper form), so worked them super hard and hurt now :lol: I will be interested to see if she hurts today :D

happyday - Great job on the loss! :cheer:

shish - That's why I chose my youngest to do it.... my son (the oldest) is blind and even when he makes the effort to see, he is too lazy to stir, move, or exert effort, :lol: and my oldest daughter has not learned to control her ADHD in cooking situations, so burns EVERYTHING, :lol: Last night was some good quality time for me and the youngest - I think she is feeling my longer hours... she OFFERED to help cook and then joined me on my workout :O Even participated :O Look at you going a full week without a smoke!!!! I am so proud of you!!!! :cheer: :woohoo: Great job!!!!!!!

Madmadz - I sure do hope you start to feel better so you regain your focus

redballoon - Sometimes the work it takes to change your eating style IS work in it's biggest form :) I know when I went off processed foods originally, I think it took as much out of me to educate myself on that, then it did to do a workout! :lol:

It's been weird, the last couple days I have wanted to eat anything that wasn't nailed down. You all know how I struggle to normally get up to my calories... not the last 2 days I have had to up my exercise to counter the intake of calories! Isn't it weird how we go in spurts on such opposite ends of the spectrum sometimes??? Human body sure is a weird vessel.... someday I may figure mine out ;) Happy Friday!!!! *come on 4pm*!!!!

berryblondeboys
11-18-2011, 07:51 AM
Ugh, this darn scale I think is done with it's whoosh... I get 3 pounds this month? After kicking my butt at the gym and being strict with the calories... mynetdiary said I should lose 10 pounds a month with what I'm doing and eating.... PLEASE don't let the scale stop for good!

My only hope is that DH is gaining too and he's not overeating either, so maybe the beans are making us hold water... Of course, tonight we are having tacos and salsa which makes me hold water too! But water gain is always temporary and I don't sweat water weight as it's not fat and can disappear very quickly. OK... down .2 today, but I want a new low, not the same weight 3 days in a row!!! (not during my weight loss time of the month).

ItsMyTurn
11-18-2011, 07:52 AM
Mamakat - Sorry to hear of your New Haven day. I didn't eat what the kids were eating because it was stuff I couldn't have. They had Parmesan noodles and cream corn.... I can't do those noodles cause of the cheese and the milk in them. Believe me though... yesterday was not one of those days I went lacking on food, :lol: Sorry to hear of the DS's first heart break - it happens though. With my son, I took him out to eat and then to a movie... only on the first time though... It kept his mind off it and allowed him to regain some perspective :) Good luck to yours though.

mamakat
11-18-2011, 07:54 AM
redballoon I was true to my dieting (eating properly) and exercise. During the summer I walked during the week and hiked on weekends. I was always near my calories...I'm low carbing, and I don't cheat or have overindulged days. I actually struggle with getting enough food in. But yeah, stalled, a true stall. And it was driving me crazy, but not to the point where I said "forget it, what am I doing this for." I really don't have those feelings.

I like knowing that even if I don't see a loss (like right now for some bizarre reason, my scale keeps going up and at great quantities too) I'm doing a lot for my body. When I started this weight loss journey 2010 May...I had to face a lot of health issues, two of them life threatening. And when I was walking at the beginning of the summer, I was doing so slowly and with a cane. Most of my health issue that were nutrition/absorbing issues are fine now. I actually make iron and have enough blood running through me that I'm no longer so fatigued I can't get out of bed. My vitamin D is looking good too. I'm no longer bleeding to death which in my book is pretty good and thats all because I changed my eating habits :)

As far as exercise, well I don't use my cane anymore (ok a few days last month :() and I'm up to 4 miles in 75 mins which is awesome to me...just a few years ago we were preparing the house for wheel chair accessibility. I'm strengthening the good muscles (I have a mild form of MD) that are carrying the bad muscles through hard days. My heart is stronger, my blood pressure is good...physically I'm just amazed at how far I've come...I outdo my family whereas last year at this time, I'd be huffy and puffing.

So yeah stalls suck, but look eventually I got passed it. I see my weight now and I'm shocked I was even 243 (and that was 40lbs lower than original weight). Thats why I'm not sweating this gain too, because in the grander scheme of things, it's only going to be a blip. When it comes to this weight loss, I really feel I'm worth it...SHOOT, I really feel we're all worth it! So I don't even think about giving up and always hope my friends won't either...we're too important :D

Diana3271
11-18-2011, 07:54 AM
Good Morning and TGIF! :wave: :dance: :yay: I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Weigh In: 146 (TTOM)
Down: .2

Does anyone have fun plans for the weekend?

I do! :D I rarely have plans for the weekend. :D

It's DH's and my anniversary tomorrow. We are going on a horse drawn carriage ride and out to dinner. The carriage ride is at an outdoor mall. The mall property is decorated for Christmas. Their lights are literally magical. I saw some of them last weekend while they were being set up, and was awed by them. The lights are across the areas that you drive through the mall, too. These are the ones I saw last week and was amazed. They are having their Christmas tree lighting and Santa for the children. Then we are going to dinner. This is the place that I love to get prime rib. The last time I was there they had some very good desserts, but most of them contained nuts. I can't have nuts due to my allergy. I have a backup plan for dessert, if I can't eat anything they have. There is a restaurant here that only serves desserts (dessert bar). Everything is homemade. We have been wanting to go there, too. This might be our opportunity.

I found out about the carriage rides this week. DH always goes to the farm to work (farm) and hunt on the weekends. It's something that he really enjoys doing. We work so hard and keep so busy during the week that I don't like asking him to do anything extra on the weekend. I mentioned the carriage ride and that I wanted to go. DH thought it would be nice for our anniversary. He's decided to come home early from the farm so we can go do this. I think it's going to be fun (romantic :love:) and I am looking forward to it.

mamakat
11-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Diana First, early Happy Anniversary! Second, how nice a carriage ride! Those always look so romantic in the movies :) And nicely done xmas lights are truly a joy to look at. When the kids were young and we didn't celebrate xmas we'd secretly go out and look at all the lights and do the oooh and ahhh. Now we don't have to do it secretly :D I hope you have a wonderful and romantic night...I'm hoping for the dessert bar as I've never heard of that and oh man, that would be my idea of celebrating!

mamakat
11-18-2011, 08:08 AM
ItsMyTurn I was thinking movie too...would the new movie Breaking Dawn be too much? :rofl: he'd kill me. I'll look into that tho. I don't want him sitting in his room all day thing about her I was thinking egging and t.p but DH said I could go to jail for that...lol, not sure that would be a good thing. :D

jomatho
11-18-2011, 08:54 AM
GM peeps.
Today's plan is to go for my walk and then see how the rest of the day goes:lol: I am not feeling overly motivated, although I have a lot to do. Probably because I didn't sleep well with DH gone again. I don't know why I worry so much when he is gone, but I do.

Mamakat, do NOT take DS to new Twilight movie if he just had a breakup! This one is all about the wedding and a lot about what normally happens on a honeymoon, and things that can happen if you are not careful doing the honeymoon things kwim? A little too lovey dovey for a heartbroken kid. I am going by the book, but I am sure the movie will be along the same lines.

Star, you are rocking your workouts!!! You are putting me to shame this week, WTG!

Diana, Happy Anniversary!

Redballoon, whenever I stalled out I figured I had two choices, I can either give up and be fat or I can keep doing what I am doing and know that my body will respond eventually, and it always did. (I guess there is a third option to maintain, but you get what I mean) Just have faith, keep going and you will lose. I stall out constantly, but it always starts moving again. An article I read recently stated to get off a stall, think about what you are doing the most and change that. Eating low carb, add some carbs, doing mostly cardio, add weights, working out an hour a day, reduce it to 1/2 hour, not working out at all, add some workouts. That kind of thing. So think about what you are eating and doing most of (or least of) and do the opposite.

K9, you are doing awesome!!! Dessert is only worth it to me if it is chocolate. If there is nothing chocolate at holidays, I don't have dessert. Oh, and I am one of the only few people in the world that does not like cheesecake, even if it is chocolate, yuck! How's that for weird?

Moondance, where in Michigan are you going? That blackberry pork dish sounds interesting!

Vixsin, great job on those workouts, hope those muscles are less sore! You are putting me to shame this week too!

Larry, :wave: hi there, glad you checked in! Sorry about DW, but good that she caught it and is taking care of it, I know you said she doesn't like to go to the Dr.

Still, have fun at Disney!

Berry, keep the faith, attitude is everything. Look at what you have accomplished this week. You have lost a significant amount of weight this week, you have had a great workout every day and you have had a fire under you! Don't lose that. You will hit your goal. When is your birthday?, you have time. Thanksgiving won't derail you, you have already had practice!!! You can do this!

Diana3271
11-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Thank you for the Anniversary wishes! Here's a link to the dessert place. http://kaminskys.com/

The restaurant we are going to for dinner is called Queen Anne's Revenge. It's also a museum. http://www.qarevenge.com/museum.cfm The inside/outside of the restaurant looks like a pirate ship. They participate in a program to serve produce and foods from local farmers. In my opinion the highlight of their menu is the herb prime rib. It's hard to find a good prime rib, anymore. They have a special roaster that they use just for cooking this. I also love their bread.

shellsbrood
11-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Peeking in to see how everyone is doing! :mag:

IsabellaOlivia
11-18-2011, 10:28 AM
I finally went out and bought a scale seeing as weighing at the doctor twice a year is too little.

Last weigh in was 61,4 kilos.
Today's weighing was 60,3 kilos.
Totally happy with losing 1,1 kilos.

jomatho
11-18-2011, 10:33 AM

:wave: Hi Shells!!!

jomatho
11-18-2011, 10:35 AM
I finally went out and bought a scale seeing as weighing at the doctor twice a year is too little.

Last weigh in was 61,4 kilos.
Today's weighing was 60,3 kilos.
Totally happy with losing 1,1 kilos.

Way to go! Now much is that in pounds? Is it 2.2 pounds for every kilo? Can't remember off hand.

IsabellaOlivia
11-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Way to go! Now much is that in pounds? Is it 2.2 pounds for every kilo? Can't remember off hand.

Google says its 2,42 pounds.

I bought a digital scale. Just from Wilkinson. It's a UK store, don't know if it exist in America.

Still: Jealous of Disney. I want to go one day.

berryblondeboys
11-18-2011, 10:57 AM

Darn girl! Long time no see and 165.8???? Getting cryptic with your actual weight (under your siggie it says "see ticker" but then you have to do math to find the actual weight).

Nice to see you! How is school going?

jomatho
11-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Darn girl! Long time no see and 165.8???? Getting cryptic with your actual weight (under your siggie it says "see ticker" but then you have to do math to find the actual weight).

Nice to see you! How is school going?

Yeah, that was too much for me to figure out this morning :lol: Looking good Shells!!! How do you feel at that weight? I bet awesome!

shellsbrood
11-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Heh, sorry about that. :^: Some real life friends found my story and I felt kinda embarrassed that my weight was on there, so I quickly changed it to just say how much I lost. Of course, I completely forgot about the information on the side. :lol: Oh well.

Yep, my lowest weight is 165. I'm up to 167 this morning, but I've been bouncing between those numbers for a while. My body seems to have settled at this weight. I do feel great, but still see lots of trouble areas. When I was married, my lowest was 155. While I'd love to see that weight again, I'd have to severely revamp my lifestyle and I just don't know if I'm that committed. :D

It's so nice to see you guys again! Melissa--Look at YOUR progress!! :carrot: Homeschooling is going great! I love it, but it's a ton of work.

jomatho--How's the running going? I'm still so bad at running (or should I say jogging slowly *lol*)

ItsMyTurn
11-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Diana - Happy Early Anniversary!!!! That sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate!!!

Mamakat - I am thinking maybe another movie would be better, :rofl: But LOVE the humor... you totally had me rolling at work in laughter! Evil parental thought processes! LOL!

Jo - You forget I am seen some of the numbers your workouts kick out for calorie burns??? LOL! I do feel good about how I have been doing since back on fitness track, but still a far cry from your numbers girl... you totally rock your caloric burns :) Well... unless you climb a ladder with no shoes for a full day ;)

Shells - How the heck are ya???? Long time no peek! You are doing so fabulous!!!! For the record, you shouldn't be embarrassed of your starting point, you should be proud! That is a ton of work! :) It is really cool to see ya stopping by too!!!

K9Owner
11-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Happy Anniversary, Diana!
I hope you 2 have a wonderful date ;)

Moondance
11-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Happy Friday!
Darn it, no time today for personals...and I have so much I want to respond to!!

Just to let you know, this is probably the last you'll hear from me for a week. Off to Michigan (Charlevoix, Petoskey area for those that are interested). I'll probably weigh in Sunday morning and call it good until the 28th. MIL doesn't have a computer, but BIL/SIL do, so maybe I'll check in next week a time or two. There's just no telling.

So...everyone have a great holiday. :thanks1:
Stick to your plan, whatever that plan may be!!!

Gosh...I'm going to miss you all!!!! :(:cry: :grouphug:

K9Owner
11-18-2011, 02:48 PM
I LOST 3.8 lbs this week!!!
That sounds soooo good doesn't it!!!

Forgot to mention I gained 4 last weekend!

Up 0.2 lbs from last week to 148.6

For those of you on a couple days/ few weeks /1 month stall
Get to 4 months & going, then we'll talk! {{sigh}}

Vixsin
11-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Late check in for me today. I'm down .8 to 197.0. So, so very sore. I'm on my way to the gym after work today for an easy cardio sesh. :lol: I giggle because I know myself and I'll start out easy....but then it gets to feelin' good and then.......6.0 on the treadmill and I feel like I'm imagining myself finishing first at the Boston Marathon! And then I can't walk on Saturday. LMAO

We'll see what happens. Don't care. I love to exercise and I love that I love it!

NSV today - reached out to a friend on FB who is getting back to the gym after a haitus and has anxiety about it. reached out and offered to work out with her. She took me up on the offer and we are scheduling for Mon or Tues of next week! I am so excited! This will be someone who I haven't seen in a long time and who has also lost a lot of weight. She works in a gym and I've never worked out with her before. Honestly, I don't usually work out with a buddy. I'm normally there blasting my music in my own little world. So this will be outside my comfort zone too and I am excited about that!

Much to do! Will check back after the gym....if I can walk! LOL

Diana: Happy Anniversary!!!

jomatho
11-18-2011, 03:00 PM
I LOST 3.8 lbs this week!!!
That sounds soooo good doesn't it!!!

Forgot to mention I gained 4 last weekend!

Up 0.2 lbs from last week to 148.6

For those of you on a couple days/ few weeks /1 month stall
Get to 4 months & going, then we'll talk! {{sigh}}

OMG, I was so excited for you until I saw :rofl: and knew something wasn't right.
You have had an awesome week, don't discount all that your body has done for you and how awesome you are looking. It doesn't matter what the scale says. And I bet you have lost some fat if you are working your muscles that hard and are the same as last week, it will just take some time to show up on the scale.

ItsMyTurn
11-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Happy Friday!
Darn it, no time today for personals...and I have so much I want to respond to!!

Just to let you know, this is probably the last you'll hear from me for a week. Off to Michigan (Charlevoix, Petoskey area for those that are interested). I'll probably weigh in Sunday morning and call it good until the 28th. MIL doesn't have a computer, but BIL/SIL do, so maybe I'll check in next week a time or two. There's just no telling.

So...everyone have a great holiday. :thanks1:
Stick to your plan, whatever that plan may be!!!

Gosh...I'm going to miss you all!!!! :(:cry: :grouphug:
Will miss you too!!!! Have fun!

Sum38
11-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Happy Anniversary Diana!

Vixsin
11-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Still: Love that new avatar, pretty lady!!! LOVE it!

The gym was great. I am really going to pay for it. I tried the treadmill but my left knee got very angry with me all of a sudden so I moved to the elliptical. I did 45 mins with some insane resistance at times. It felt so great!

I wish I had the time to get this place properly cleaned up but I'm SO glad that I went to the gym! Now to make sure that my eating is on point for the weekend, then I'll be sure to have a nice whoosh! TOM's on his way out of here, thank goodness!

Up early to take a midterm in Anatomy tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Diana3271
11-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Hi everyone! :wave: Thanks for the anniversary wishes.

I just got home. I went shopping tonight for a holiday outfit. Something to wear for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I hate shopping! It literally wore me out. I found a really nice pair of pants, top, and shoes all for around $60. I was able to find everything on sale. The top is really dressy with some sequins. I tried it on for DH tonight. I never dress like that. His jaw literally dropped. I guess I looked different than I do in my regular jeans, shirt, and sneakers.

When I got home I was shocked to find a card and 18 roses in a vase on the kitchen table. :love:

I am so glad I found an outfit to wear for holiday events. It's really dressy and I feel comfortable in it. I can't believe how tired I am from that shopping. I didn't even go to that many stores. I think it just stresses me out. I swear I can exercise hard for 2 hours and it doesn't even have that effect on me. ;)

I will do personals and catch up with everyone tomorrow. I still have a couple things to do before I get to bed. Enjoy the rest of your evening and sleep well.

Diana3271
11-18-2011, 11:39 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
Fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body w/ 5's, 8's, & 10's
TF HIIT 25

WannaBeLoserAgain
11-19-2011, 03:27 AM
Great job on picking out a holiday outfit! Shopping is tiring I have to agree. Thank you for posting your meals, gives me an idea what to eat when I get to maintenace. I am on track, I am trying to avoid the scale until next week, soI can see a surprise.

Diana3271
11-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Yesterday I also had to do some major software upgrades on our diagnostic equipment. I hate doing the major upgrades. It took about 4 hours of staying on the computer and working on this to complete it. I think that coupled with the shopping did me in. I crashed when I went to bed last night. I think that was too much for one day, for me. :lol:

Weigh In: 146 (TTOM)
No Change

berryblondeboys
11-19-2011, 09:03 AM
Happy Anniversary Diana!!!! Are you guys doing all that fun stuff today????

Vixsin
11-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Diana: Which Bob DVD is that? How was it? We all know how much I :love: Bob! LOL

My Saturday is starting off well. I just took my Anatomy midterm and got an 86! :) :woohoo: My weight stayed the same today at 197.0. My legs are less sore today so that's nice. It looks like it's going to be nice today. I want to get my backyard raked this morning after breakfast. that will be a nice upper body workout! :) Lots of cleaning and scrubbing to do too.

I'll check back in a while. Have a great morning everyone!!

Diana3271
11-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Happy Anniversary Diana!!!! Are you guys doing all that fun stuff today????

Berry Thank you! Yes, today is the day! Well, actually tonight. :carrot:

Diana3271
11-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Diana: Which Bob DVD is that? How was it? We all know how much I :love: Bob! LOL!

OMG! I forgot about Bob, yesterday! No wonder my butt was dragging last night! I did that tough Bob workout, the TF HIIT workout, the computer stuff, it's TTOM, and the shopping! Dang! ;)

Here's a clip of Ultimate Cardio Body. You can click on Video Clip to see it. It's tough! http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Bob-Harper-Ultimate-Cardio-Body-DVD-p/271.htm

mamakat
11-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Diana :cheers: Happy Anniversary :) I hope you have a wonderful day.

Krystal :cheer: I'm glad the water is coming off. Your's is moving a whole lot faster than mine :) Keep up the great work.

Vixsin hope the weather is nice so you can rake, it's really windy here so it would be hard to keep them in the pile...but luckily Irene knocked all our leaves off during the summer :)

Sum Hi nice to see you.

Moondance :wave: hi

ItsMyTurn :wave hi

redballoon :wave: hi

shish :wave: hi

madmadz :wave: hi

Jomatho :wave: hi

Hi to everyone I missed.

Yesterday I took DS to Uno's where we chitchatted about video games...have I told you, I know nothing about vid games:p Then later after his friend was out of school we went to the mall. I tried to hang back so I wouldn't cramp their style, they kept stopping and waiting for me :rofl: Once we separated and DS kept calling me, he was worried he couldn't make a transaction, he did just fine without me. SO when I saw them talking to a girl, I hid out of the way. Turns out the girl was friend's sister :rofl:

Have a wonderful and healthy day

Diana3271
11-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Mamakat Thank you. Do you have anything planned for today? I hope you have a wonderful, healthy day, too.

jomatho
11-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Good morning everyone!
I decided to roll out of bed and onto the treadmill this morning. I didn't even stop to have my coffee first!
I struggled a little around the 30 minute mark, so I decided to hop on the elliptical, did about 15 minutes there and then I got back on the treadmill to finish out a good run. I feel great that I got that out of the way for today. Now I am enjoying my coffee :coffee: and just had a huge breakfast, mmmm.
DH comes home this afternoon, I haven't seen him since Tues so I am looking forward to it. :love:
Gotta run, much to do. . .

Diana3271
11-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Jomatho No coffee before your workout? That's unheard of! ;) Great job on getting that workout out of the way! Enjoy the Hubster! ;)

mamakat
11-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Diana I have to take DD to see that new vampire movie...yeehaw...I want popcorn, do you think they'll let me have just one piece?

Diana3271
11-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Diana I want popcorn, do you think they'll let me have just one piece?

Ha Ha. Maybe you can just sniff the popcorn popper. :rofl: (that just sounds bad, sorry. :D)

berryblondeboys
11-19-2011, 05:20 PM
DH comes home this afternoon, I haven't seen him since Tues so I am looking forward to it. :love:

And you're around ovulation???? Hmmm.... No wonder people had problems controling births before birth control was invented.

Larry H
11-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Diana I have to take DD to see that new vampire movie...yeehaw...I want popcorn, do you think they'll let me have just one piece?

mamakat

This cartoon should help you stay away from the movie popcorn :rofl:

Larry,

K9Owner
11-19-2011, 06:08 PM
After all of these months in a dreaded plateau, I have been awakened via a youtube vid!

If I believe the cals in/cals out theory, and I believe 3500 cals = 1 lb, and if I further believe by reducing my cals by 3500 each week, I should theoretically lose 1 lb/week...then

I am OBVIOUSLY miscounting my cals in AND my cals out!

ItsMyTurn
11-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Krystal - Great job losing some water! :) Amazing the things that wake us up sometimes... sources are not always predictable!

Kristiina - Love the avatar!!!

Jo - Enjoy the hubster time!

Mamakat - My oldest DD went to the new Twilight movie last night on a date with her bf... she said it was good :)

Larry - I love the supportive anti-popcorn pic, LOL!

Diana - I am the opposite of you, I LOVE shopping and get an adrenaline high off it if I strike an awesome deal :) Sounds like your DH REALLY liked your holiday outfit to follow it with the surprise :)

Melissa - :rofl: Your comment on birth control made me bust laughing!!!

As for me - first week doing hard workouts again, and the scale decided it was going to be a pisser for it. Up to 192.2 for weigh in this week. Muscles are sore though.. have lost track and MIGHT be prior TOM??? I don't know! Either way, less than a pound of gain, and don't think it's possible "real" gain... so refuse to get too ruffled... just it throws me off my goal for the month as well as for Christmas. I have to stop setting those goals and just start allowing my body to take it's course I think. That way I stop with disappointment in myself and just realize the scale has a poor sense of humor :)

berryblondeboys
11-19-2011, 08:05 PM
No formal workout today, but I raked for an hour and then filled bags for 2 hours before I ran out of daylight. Darn... 15 bags STUFFED full and at least 50 more to go as we haven't even raked the side yard yet as that tree hasn't shed it's leaves yet. I would hire a service, but our neighbor next door with a yard half the size of ours and less trees said that he was quoted $280 for his yard... Um.. we would probably be over $400 then.... I guess I'll suck it up and use this as a good workout that is more like life should be - being active in general so that we don't NEED to jump around in the gym. And I feel it in my abs and shoulders and it was about a 1000 calorie burn.

Vixsin
11-19-2011, 09:57 PM
oh Melissa, I feel you on the raking. I got my backyard done this morning. :high: Self High Five for that!!! I can already feel it in my shoulders, triceps and abs. I feel that it's ok to admit here that...I love it! I love the soreness. I love the feeling of my damaged muscles rebuilding bigger, better, stronger, faster!

I started with a sketchy breakfast this morning. Lunch ended up being BBQ chicken on a salad with ranch dressing. (Seriously!!! :drool:) Dinner tonight were tilapia soft tacos. high fiber wheat wrap with baked tilapia with just a little garlic, black pepper and basil. Sprinkle with 3 pinches of shredded mozz and there you have it. I'm under calories today but just by a few. It feels good to be under rather than hundreds over! LOL

Church luncheon tomorrow. There will be AWFUL food choices there. I just know it. I think I may make a big bowl of salad for myself and bring it with just in case. I can always leave it in the car if there's plenty for me to eat. Maybe I'm just being super cautious, but I kind of feel that I need to be at this point. LOL

I'm going to get a bit of dancing in before I officially end all activity for the day. Have a great night everyone!

berryblondeboys
11-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Ugh... We've already spent about a combined total of 12 hours on the yard with raking and now filling bags. We probably have another 4-5 to day (at least - I'm being ultra optimistic here).

Diana3271
11-19-2011, 11:45 PM
We had a wonderful evening. We went to the carriage ride first. While there we shared some fudge at a candy store. Then we went to dinner. I think we did that backward. We should have had dinner then candy, right? :lol: Instead of eating dessert at the restaurant, we went downtown to the dessert bar. I had a flourless dark chocolate torte. :drool: It was very good. There are so many desserts with nuts! I am so limited as to what I can have. I complain about it, but I also think it's a good thing. They had several peanut butter pies and cakes that I could have just dove right into. ;)

K9Owner I must be having a moment. Please explain. Do you think you have been miscalculating or do you not believe the theory? Is there a link to the video you can share?

ItsMyTurn If you have sore muscles, you are probably holding onto some water weight. I doubt it's any real gain. Your muscles will show you some love, soon!

Vixsin Fish tacos! :drool:!

Berry That's a serious amount of raking!

Larry :rofl: That should curb the craving!

berryblondeboys
11-20-2011, 01:16 AM
So glad you had a great evening out Diana. That's awesome!

redballoon
11-20-2011, 05:52 AM
Hi all! My computer crashed yesterday and it would NOT work. I was in a near panic as I really need the computer for so much of my freelance work. I brought it to a computer-savvy friend and it is now working but I am way behind and tired. Sunday evening here and I want to call it a day. Hope to catch up soon. :wave:

IsabellaOlivia
11-20-2011, 06:03 AM
k9owner: Do you count calories at the moment?

Diana: Hi

Berry: Yark work is definitely heavy physical activity

K9Owner
11-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Diana: That commie was laden wif so much sarcasm!! :lol:
But I do have a link & will post it when I get home.

Isabelle: I have been counting everything in/out/up/down since April!

berryblondeboys
11-20-2011, 08:37 AM
:goodscale:goodscale:goodscale:goodscale:goodscale :goodscale:goodscale:goodscale

Diana3271
11-20-2011, 09:02 AM

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 146.8 (TTOM)
Up: .8

This is not bad for me at all. I ate lower calories for lunch yesterday. I kept my off plan eating to dinner, our dessert, and the candy. Sometimes I will show a gain on the second day, too. We'll see how it is tomorrow.

I will be trying to stick very close to my food plan this week since Thursday is Thanksgiving. Last week I increased the intensity of my workouts a little. I will continue that plan for this week, too.

Vixsin
11-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Diana: Your night sounds amazing! I'm sure you had a wonderful time!!! No, I do a lot of dancing at home. I used to be a choreographer in another life and would like to have a group dance/fitness class one day so I'm always dancing and coming up with new steps.

I'm down .8 today to 196.2. that was nice. I'm sore all over today. LOL Legs are still sore from the gym and dancing last night and now my upperbody and abs are sore from raking yesterday. I love it! No formal exercise on tap for today. Lots of cleaning. Possibly an incline walk later on. I have cleaning, laundry, and homework to do.

Church luncheon today. I ate light on breaky today. 350 cals. Nothing more until lunch. I'll be looking for the healthiest stuff I can find.

Diana3271
11-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Vixsin Great job on the .8. Good luck at the church luncheon. Pick the healthiest options. You can do it! :carrot:

Diana3271
11-20-2011, 11:29 AM
I wanted to mention my new discovery. I am always the last person to find out about things. I wanted to share, just in case someone else hasn't heard of this. A check-in buddy on an exercise forum posted about her lunch one day last week. She had cottage cheese on cinnamon raisin toast. She said that she loves cheese danish and this takes the place for her. The funny thing is that I had thought about having something similar but thought it might not taste right. I decided to give it a try after talking with her. I bought some bagel thins since it's a lower calorie option when you compare 2 pieces of toast vs. the 2 halves of bagel thins. I toasted the bagel thins and then topped each half with 1/4 cup of No Added Salt cottage cheese. :drool: It was so good. Like I said, I am the last one to hear about this stuff. I would have been enjoying this all along if I had known about it. I had another idea that I might try. It seems like vanilla Greek yogurt would be closer taste to a cheese danish. Anyone ever eat anything like this?

Diana3271
11-20-2011, 12:39 PM
I need some advice. My new pants need to be hemmed a little. Should I hand hem them or use the iron on hemming tape (whatever that stuff is called :D.)

jomatho
11-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Hi guys, just a quick check in. Not much to report except that I feel like a lazy bum today. Getting done what I need to for the week, but haven't exercised yet. I hope to get something in before too long. I thought maybe coming on here would give me the motivation I needed, still waiting. . .

Vixsin
11-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Diana: OMG to the bagel thins and cottage cheese!! :drool: :drool:

Church lunch went great. Not the healthiest food I've ever seen, but it was catered and it was free. Meatloaf with brown gravy. mashed red potatoes, baby carrots cooked in an oil or something and apple crisp for dessert. I had the meatloaf and a very small portion of taters, a large serving of carrots and 1 small scoop of apple crisp. I gave myself 450 for it all. I wasn't full at all but I did just fine. I kept busy on my feet all afternoon between house cleaning, laundry and Maxwell.

Can't wait to go back to the gym tomorrow after work! :)

Diana3271
11-20-2011, 09:52 PM

Total Approx 1350 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (245 Calories)
Coffee w/cream & sugar
1/2 cup cottage cheese 90 calories
1 toasted cinnamon raisin bagel thin 110 calories
4 ounces pink grapefruit juice 45 calories

Snack (125 Calories)
1 package boiled cauliflower (5 servings) 125 calories

Lunch (500 Calories)
Steamed veggies 100 calories
Turkey Wrap 400 Calories

Dinner (480 Calories)
1/2 cup cottage cheese 90 calories
1 toasted cinnamon raisin bagel thin 110 calories
1 cup cottage cheese 180 calories
1 container peaches 70 calories
4 pretzels 30 calories

Exercise:
Peak 10 Cardio Strength w/#5's + 10's

redballoon
11-21-2011, 04:10 AM
Diana, I used to make those cinammon and cottage cheese "rolls" over 30 years ago! They are wonderful!!
Lightly toast the buns first and then put the cottage cheese, sweetener or a touch of honey and the cinammon on and toast. That will give you a much crisper roll. Otherwise the bread gets too soggy from the cheese.

Oh, right...if you're using bagel thins you don't need to do that. We used to use bread and toat the bread lightly, the split it even thinner in half horizontally. Not as hard as bagel things....

Diana3271
11-21-2011, 08:32 AM
I wonder how it would taste with vanilla Greek yogurt.

I forgot to post a link to the new thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/247401-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-11-21-a.html