aangel22
nicole8705
sacal96
LovelyLeah - Unable to PM, I hope she finds us again :(
Fluffy No More - Unable to PM, I hope they finds us again :(
HeathBar - Unable to PM, I hope she finds us again :(

LovelyLeah
11-12-2011, 04:28 PM
I found ya! I think it might be a newbie thing with PMs because there are a lot of other restrictions until my 20 days are up (I think my newbie status ends next week). But I'll go double check my settings and see if maybe I have something check or not checked that is preventing PMs.

zanheltangia
11-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Yeah, Love, usually there is a minimum time frame and a number of posts in order to get PMS. :hug: Glad you found the threads though! :carrot:

Also, I made a banner if anyone is interested:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m111/zanheltangia/BL%20Winter/TeamSnowLeopard.jpg
A bit big though, but I'm always interested in seeing what others make - so don't be shy and post one if you like!

So, I would like to take this chance and introduce myself. And hopefully if everyone can post a little about themselves, maybe we'll get a nice chat going :D

My name is Bridget, I am 26 and going to college, I usually go by Zan here on 3FC.
I started this Weight-loss journey nearly two years ago by doing Weight Watchers and lost nearly 60 pounds.
I used to frequent the 20-somethings WW threads frequently, same with the Threadkiller game post, before I dropped off about a year back in October.
Since then I've regained half of what I had lost, so I am back to work my way back down!
I'm basically behind a desk all day at work, and I'm currently counting down until my time at work expires in a few months (I'm in a temporary position).
So working on my resume and applying for new positions are my new hobbies! Haha! But with how everything is lately, I bet that isn't very unusual!

I've done the Warrior Dash here in Florida last year, and I plan on going again this year!
Other than that, and my puppy, I can't think of anything else to add: :D
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m111/zanheltangia/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1201.jpg

LovelyLeah
11-12-2011, 05:52 PM
My name is Leah. I'm 22 and in college studying fine arts and addiction counseling.

In the past I was a chronic crash dieter and obsessive restricter. I would lose a whole bunch of weight in a short period of time then burnout and gain it all back. This time I'm determined to go slow and steady. My focus is life style change, not dieting. However, I've been joining challenges because I know that it'll be easy for me to lose motivation when I'm not focused on something.

MidnightRaven
11-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Hey all,
I'm Gretchen, I guess I usually go by Raven on here.
I'm 25 and a grad student in neuroscience. I'm 4 years into my program, and I hope to be done in another year or two. I feel like I've been on a diet of some sort for my entire life. I've definitely made good progress the past year (I was around 230 in July 2010) - now that I look at this as more of a lifestyle change and not a 'diet' - but I seem to have gotten stuck in the 180s. My goal was initially to be in the 160s by January 1st, but now I just want to get as low as I can (and stay there!).

Between class, teaching, and laboratory duties, I'm pretty constantly busy. Unfortunately, especially this term, this means putting eating right and getting enough exercise on the back burner. It's so easy to run don to the main street on campus and grab lunch, rather than have the foresight to pack something healthy before I leave at 6:30 in the morning. I hate it though - I've become addicted to spinning, and I love going to the gym - but like most grad students, I just need more hours in the day!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you guys - and I hope this challenge is really the kick in the butt that I need! I did really well when I first joined 3FC, but as I got busier and stopped being as active on the forums I stopped losing as much...

MidnightRaven
11-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Anyone else on Fitocracy? I just joined a few minutes ago, so I'm still finding my way around. Not sure if I'll keep it up or not, but I'm going to give it a shot. My username on there is the same as here!

sacal96
11-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Love the banner Zan!

My name is Sarah! I'm 20 and a junior in my college's Criminal Justice B.S. degree program. I plan on going on to law school and becoming a criminal prosecutor. I'm a full time student and I work 6 days a week. I'm engaged and plan on getting married next October! We have been living together since this last January and we have a puppy, cat, and 2 parakeets. My fiance is also working on his criminal justice degree and working full time. We were both overweight when we first got together 2 years ago but I think a combination of moving out, no free time, and eating whatever is convenient(horrible, pretty much all fast food diet) has caused us to gain a lot more weight over the past year.

I have been dieting for about 2 weeks, but today we have both started a new diet and exercise program. We are following Drew Manning, the trainer behind fit2fat2fit. If you haven't heard of it you need to check it out! He has a really great idea and gives you your entire grocery list, meal plan, and exercise routine for every week. We're hoping to get some great results!

Here's to our team having some great success! Looking forward to meeting everyone else! :]

Mommywannabe
11-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Hey Guys!

My name is Kristi. I'm 23 and work full-time as a dog groomer.

Like Leah, I would diet in the past, lose some, then give up and gain it all back. I found some new motivation in August and I am determined to go slow but steady to get this weight off! I am an almost obsessive daily weigher, but I have decided to try to limit that to once a week: every saturday for our weigh ins. Its nice to be part of a team, and I'm hoping to give and get motivation and support here!

GO TEAM SNOW LEOPARD!

Heres a banner I made. Its a bit smaller than the other.. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic82322_2.gif

HeathBar
11-13-2011, 12:58 AM
Hello! I found the thread! :D

My name is Heather, I'm 25 and I go to school currently for business and soon will be going for film production.

I started this current journey last week, but I feel like I've been dieting since I was nine years old. That's when the weight started to pile on.

A few years ago I lost fifty pounds, but sadly I gained it all back. Currently with this weight loss I've lost 7 pounds, depending on the day.

megmix
11-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Hi! I'm Meg and I'm 27 years old. I started my weight loss journey in earnest in July, a week before my birthday. I was freaking out about being oh so close to 30 and still being fat. I had originally given myself a stupid deadline of losing the weight by the time I was 25, but that didn't happen. So, I changed it to 30. A mixture of different anxieties were at work at the time I decided to lose weight, so I can't really give any of them credit for motivating me to start. I've since learned not to give myself age based deadlines. The anxiety they cause is not worth it. I'll start things when I'm good and ready.

I've lost 31 pounds since I started. This is the first time I've tried losing weight. Before I would be instantly demotivated by the amount of weight I had to lose and be immediately turned off by the thought of depriving myself of food. It has helped a lot to focus on mini-goals. I have many. It makes it easier and there's a sense of accomplishment at having met them. Also, I count calories and don't deprive myself of food. I'm just more enlightened about what I eat.

Right now, my biggest obstacle is Fall/Winter. I'm craving comfort foods and just want to hibernate. I'm going to start taking vitamin D, hopefully it'll help with the seasonal depression. I've also been bitten by the knitting/crochet bug, and I'd rather do that than exercise. So there's that.

Go Team! We can do it!

KamsMoMa
11-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Hi! I'm Tavia and I'm 29 years old. I'm a full-time mom of two (Kameron[6] & Aniya[1]). I've been happily married for 16 months. I've never been overweight and I've always been active. Since having two kids, my activity level decreased, especially with me being a SAHM. My eating habits changed a lot! I started eating more than I usually eat. Around March of this year I was weighing 210-215lbs. I dropped all the way down to 173 then gained all back to 197. Now I'm weighing in at 188.8.. I'm trying to loose 45lbs. I look forward to becoming more acquainted with you'll. I can't wait to start this journey :) .

Everlasting
11-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Hello everyone, I've been on this site a few years but took a year off and just returned after an exciting bout of finishing college, getting married in January, and having a baby last month! Big life changes! And also a bit of setback on the weight loss goals. I keep telling myself at least I didn't regain it ALL, and I did acquire a beautiful baby in the process, and I know how to lose the weight again... just need the motivation.

So now I'm a stay at home mom to Felicity (3.5 weeks), and step mom to Jeremiah (3 1/2) and Talitha (2). The days that I have all 3 little ones are incredibly busy and despite not having time to 'exercise', I'm very tired and sore by the end of the day. My newborn is also a colic baby and the only thing that will calm her down is putting her on my chest in the baby carrier and walking, so she is a little calorie burner too!

My downfall this time is the fact that breastfeeding is making me unbearably hungry! I still haven't figured out how many calories I need a day... supposedly 500 extra for breastfeeding. Hopefully during this challenge I'll get some kind of routine and figure that out. Right now I'm just walking mostly and chasing kids for exercise, but once I hit 6 weeks postpartum I'm going to hopefully have acquired a jogging stroller and be attempting to start running again. I did a half-marathon last year and I hope to do another one this upcoming summer or fall. I also can't wait to get out my new set of Zumba DVDS. I live in the boondocks so it's not reasonable to get a gym pass as we are too far out of town, and I miss my Zumba!

toastedsmoke
11-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Hello team. I'm really enjoying getting to learn about everyone so far.

I'm 25 years old, I work in International Development/Public Health (specifically reproductive health in sub-Saharan Africa right now) but have dreams of more grad school and/or finally figuring out what I should be doing with my life.

Like megmix, this is my first real attempt at weightloss, and like zan, I've kind of been at it a while. It will be 3 years in January. In fairness, although I've had no regains, I've had long periods where I've kind of just gotten diet fatigue and tried to live maintenance for a while, still counting calories, but not necessarily eating under it. The longest period was between Fall 2009 and Fall 2010 where I maintained around 235 lbs. Late last year, I started working out again, got my diet back in gear and have been at it ever since.

Ideally, I would love to reach goal during this challenge, but I know that's almost laughably unlikely given my current rate of loss which has been quite slow recently. Yeah so probably not the best time to be on a team like this. But I promise, I'm going to give 100% towards this challenge and try to do my part to ensure that Team Snow Leopard rocks this challenge. My weight loss goal by Christmas is to see 160something, I'll even take 169.9999, honestly. I have a really awesome travel and shopping reward planned already for meeting that goal so it would be great if I could get there.

My biggest challenge is avoiding slipping up and getting cocky during the week especially after a good weigh in (ironically) and also the fact that have a trip coming up in a couple of days to India for work for a week. I've never been before but I love Indian food and this is like a perfect opportunity to sample the real deal, so it's going to be a little tough to stay on track. Also I don't think I'll be able to do the first weigh in update unless I do it super early on Tuesday before I leave.

I'm really excited to be in the challenge with you all and can't wait to get to know everyone better. Go Go Team Snow Leopards!

Fluffy No More
11-14-2011, 03:01 AM
I found y'all!
My name is Jessica I'm 27 years young and I'm determined to no longer be "fluffy"!!! My weight loss journey started sometime in middle school when I stopped dancing competitively. With the decrease in activity I slowly started packing on the weight. That was about 15 years ago (dang! where did the time go). This current attempt has been going on for a week and I have manage to lose 4lbs! yay
I am an Assistant Customer Service Manager at Publix (a grocery store for those of you not in the south). Working around so much food is difficult, and it is just so easy to grab something from the Deli or Bakery for lunch instead of something from the Produce department.
My goal for this challenge is to lose some weight, but more importantly I want to get into the habit of going to the gym more frequently (or at all :o) ) and learning to make better food choices. I have started tracking my calories using myfitnesspal, so hopefully that helps!
Could someone please let me know where we are supposed to enter our weights! I can't wait to get to know all of you and share our successes!

MidnightRaven
11-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Happy Monday!

No, really. I woke up in a surprisingly great mood this morning. I decided to work from home today - I have a brief lull in experiments this week so I don't need to be in lab until Wednesday, so I'm going to use the day to hopefully finish grading 45 exams (and start grading 45 papers essays...). I do need to be in tomorrow to teach and meet with students, though. But now I can my grading with two fluffballs purring at my feet, my music cranked up, the windows open, and all the delicious tea I can make. I went and splurged at Teavana over the weekend ($$$ I don't have to waste, but sometimes you just need to!) and am trying a yummy ginger coconut herbal tea. :)

I'm actually trying to decide when I want to hit the gym today. I think if I can get this first round of exams done by 11 (.... not sure how likely that is...) I'll treat myself and go to a spin class at 12. :)

I hope everyone's week starts off great!

LovelyLeah
11-14-2011, 10:46 AM
I woke up wonderfully this morning. Except for the fact that I planned to workout and my really comfy bed was making motivation difficult. But I finally got myself up and I checked my email, one of my classes was canceled today which means I don't have to leave for class till 3pm! This is a happy Monday now!! :D

aangel22
11-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Hi!

My name is Becky. I am 26 and have 3 boys (6,3,1). I work part-time and go to school full-time. I am a PSU student, so things have been really tough lately. I am in a really great relationship...or was. We just had a pretty major fight yesterday and he isn't talking to me.

Anyway, I am currently on WW. I have been OP since 10/24 and as of today have lost 10 lbs. :) I am no longer obese, just overweight. Yay! :) I broke my leg last February and haven't gotten back to exercising like I did before that, so I take walks and use my Wii Fit Plus.

MidnightRaven
11-14-2011, 11:50 PM
what a day! I think today was the most productive "work at home" day I've had in a long time - I got all my papers and exams graded, made it to the gym for 1.5hrs, did a bit of cleaning, and was even a good girlfriend and had a hot (and healthy!) dinner on the table at exactly the time my boyfriend came home. Now it's time to relax with a glass of wine (hey, I have to treat myself somehow!) and catch up on the forums. I can hear my boyfriend snoring in the other room - and the two cats are snuggled up and snurring (snore-purring) at my feet. Today's one of those days where I can just kick back and know that life is good. :)

nicole8705
11-15-2011, 07:53 AM
Hello everyone!

My name is Nicole and I am 24 years old. I work full time as an ICU/Telemetry RN and am due to graduate with my BSN in December. To add to that I am closing on my first house Friday (YAY ME!!!).

This is by no means my first attempt at weightloss. Between my eight/ninth grade year I gained about 40LBS in 3 months over summer break. I just suddenly didn't want to go outside or hang out with my friends. I mantained that weight until my senior year, then I lost about 10 LBS and went down a pants size. Then graduation came and I moved with my family away from friends and gained another 30LBS before starting college in that winter. I peaked at 220 in college and got down to 205 by graduation then blew up to 275. Somehow while I had a broken leg I dropped 30LBS over 3-4 months and started exercising.

Ever since then I keep losing and gaining the same 15 LBS. I cannot seem to get below 215. Right now I am at 237. I was on WW but became obsessed with points and weighing in everyday, even several times a day.

Now I am trying to eat heatlhy and cut out fast food (which I eat 6-7 times a week) and processed meals (the other 2 meals of the day). I can't use the "I don't know how to cook" excuse anymore. I young and my joints hurt and I get winded walking from the store to my car or carrying a basket of laundry upstairs.

I am really excited to have a group to lose weight with as my family/friends are not too supportive of my new lifestyle.

P.S. How do I make the snow leopard part of my signature? Still kinda a newbie with this stuff.

Mommywannabe
11-15-2011, 12:46 PM
So last night was not exactly 'on plan' lol. My boyfriend and I went out to dinner. Dinner wasn't that bad as far as calories, but then we got dessert.. lol. But I'm determined to get back on plan today!

Everlasting
11-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Augh... I do pretty good throughout the day and then my husband comes home with a bag of chocolate peanut butter cups. I'm so tired and sugar is so tempting. Then the baby is in her extreme screaming stage of the day so I'm bouncing and rocking and feeding her... so DH gets tired of waiting for supper and makes it himself, and then serves me up a plate. A HUGE plate. He has always tried to get me to eat, eat, eat. I don't know why! Everything we have in our house is pretty much fresh veggies, meats, etc... but he wants me to eat a lot. He keeps giving me reasons like I'm healing from surgery, or I'm breastfeeding the baby, and need lots of nutrients. But he's just hot helpful. I think he's not trying to 'sabotage' me. He just doesn't understand and he is happy with me the way I am. I've gained back so much weight since I've been with him. Ugh... I need to get this under control.

In good news I got an hour and a half long walk in yesterday and I'm planning the same today. I am a little sore still, but I have to get to the end of that route I took yesterday because there are some milk weed pods I need to collect! Attempting to make Christmas ornaments out of them since we don't have any money to buy anything and I want to decorate a Christmas tree. I remember when I was a kid we spray painted them gold and glued them together like stars. It was fun.

HeathBar
11-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Sunday after work I worked out for an hour and a half. Yesterday I felt the pain, and today I still feel the pain in my shoulder.

Otherwise my diet is going okay. Because of my school schedule I won't be getting back in the gym until tomorrow, but carrying a 20 lbs book bag to school should be considered exercise (which might be why my shoulder is sore).

On other news I lost my wallet today, which is really upsetting. I still have hope of finding it, and thankfully the only thing in there was my id and one credit card. I'm keeping an eye on the card, but hopefully one phone call tomorrow will put me at ease.

MissSMcC
11-15-2011, 11:28 PM
yoohoo girlies!
intro- i am 26, i live in scotland, and am single mum to my 10 year old brat, i work as a care assistant in a home for the elderly, i love my job even though it's stressful. in my spare time (not that i have any) i am studying health and social care, and learning to drive. i also love reading, music and films.
i joined 3fc because i need some support thru my weightloss journey, i lost all the weight before but did not keep it off (obviously lol)
hope all is well, and we kick some butt this week!

MidnightRaven
11-16-2011, 12:06 AM
So it definitely just hit me earlier that I am heading home to visit family for Thanksgiving next week. Somehow in my mind I thought I had another week! I'm not worried about going off plan while there - I know I'll eat a bit different and might not get to the gym for a couple days - but I am stressing out about how much I have to get done before I leave town!

I haven't been home for Thanksgiving in about 5 years, so I'm looking forward to going. And I haven't seen my sister in almost a year, so I cannot wait for that! She's finally 21 so I'm sure we'll go out at some point.

Definitely feeling the stress of how much work I have to do between now and then, though. Managed to take out some of that stress out at the gym though, got in a solid hour+ of weight training with my boyfriend. I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow, but that kind of pain is always a good pain. I'll mix it up with some cardio tomorrow, either an earlier spin class, or maybe just some quality time with the elliptical. :)

LovelyLeah
11-16-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm as high a kite right now! :D Yeah..... I wound up in the ER tonight due to tachycardia and stomach pains. Actually it's rather pathetic. I basically passed out for an hour at the bus stop. The pain got really bad but I was too afraid to ask for help so I just sat down against wall at one of the busiest downtown bus stops and just passed out. About an hour later, completely out of it, the transit cops start talking to me. It's kinda a blur because I was so out of it. My ambulance didn't shine the pretty lights :( and they needed their shocks fixed. I felt every damn pothole, it hurt. SO I get in and its take them forever to do an ekg on me bevcause my legs woudnl't stop shaking. Thy had a life of their own!!!! They gave me a shot of ativan to quiet the legs and a shot of some anti nausea med. The anti nausea med is what made me so loopy...except I still feel like I'm gonna spew. Guess I have no worries about counting the calories in the McD's cheeseburger and fries. :D

Well anyways...turns out I have a happythyroid...okay...its more HYPER than it is happy. Actually I think it's made at me. Damn you thyroid!

Iconised Ghost
11-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Hey everyone, I have about 3 mins to write something before I head off to the gym so sorry i cant do personals right now, will try later.

I am IconisedGhost, 24, live in NZ. Its coming up to summer now but because of a very stressful year and what feels like a really long winter, I have regained a fair amount of weight. Well, at least 5kg, so some will say not that much, but I can still feel it you know? At the moment I'm struggling with comfort eating, time to plan, energy to stay on plan, and so on. I've started making a plan for next weeks eating so hopefully that will help. I get a bit bored with my food sometimes, so if anyone has awesome breakfast and dinner and snack ideas let me know! I've been struggling to get to the gym because I am completely exhausted after work and getting up at 5am is just not going to happen. And I also have something going on with my ankle which is painful. So this week I am focusing on food and early nights, getting some kind of routine back around these things so my stress and tiredness is reduced, and then i can see about getting back into the gym. I managed to get to bed earlier yesterday (yay!) but spent at least an hr trying to get to sleep and then kept waking up ( :( ).

So I probably wont be a great credit to the team, at least not straight away, in fact I may have gained weight this week, but I feel like the support will help and hopefully I can get back onto it. I know the eating and exercise will improve the stress and vice versa, but getting started is so hard

LovelyLeah
11-17-2011, 12:02 AM
:barf: So if the next couple of days follow like tonight I'll probably have a big weight drop to report. Right now I can't keep any food down. I think my body hates me!!

Mommywannabe
11-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Two days in a row on plan! I'm so sick of being stuck in the high 180s! No more 'cheat' days for me! I'd love to be 185 by Thanksgiving!!!
I've started using protein powder mixed with water/milk with breakfast or lunch, and its reeeally helped me feel less hungry. Hope you all are doing well this week! I'm looking forward to the weigh in on Saturday!

girlonfire
11-18-2011, 02:14 AM

Everlasting
11-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Weeell... not sure how well I did this week. Haven't weighed since last Saturday so we'll see tomorrow morning.

I didn't get out walking as much as I wanted to because I'm just nervous about taking my infant outside in the cold... everytime I go though I bundle her up so much and she sleeps, and she always feels toasty warm when we get back in and I take the snowsuit off. But I'm still worried about it. Irrational fear I guess.

I also didn't eat as well as I wanted to. Some days and some meals were fine, but breastfeeding makes me so hungry and I haven't figured out what to do about that yet. I'm trying to eat more protein because it fills me up much longer it seems, and also drink a lot of water. Also eating a bowl of oatmeal for a meal each day because it is supposed to help with milk production, plus it is healthy. Trying to cut back on the sugar I put on it though... it just tastes so slimy without it.

I'm giving myself permission to try my Zumba DVD today. The Dr said no exercise except walking until 4-6 weeks and I'm 4 weeks postpartum now, and feel pretty much 100% except for when the baby kicks me in the incision when I'm feeding her. I'll hold off on ab exercises for a couple more weeks at least because I don't think I'm ready there, but I think I can manage to Zumba and just lower the intensity that I would usually like to do it at.

Sooooo I hope I didn't gain any weight. I don't think I was naughty enough to gain, but I might not have lost any.

In good news, my wedding rings fit again! I was so swollen still even up to last week I guess that I couldn't get them on. I thought I'd gained to much weight for them to fit but now I think it was just swelling because they magically fit once more. Yay!

---

HealthBar- If you're going to be carrying a heavy backpack often get yourself one with waist and chest straps! That saved my butt in college... plus it was also great for hiking!

LovelyLeah- Egh! Sounds like an experience! Sorry you had to pass out at a bus stop. They don't even have anything comfortable to pass out on at those places!

Iconised- You are lucky you are coming up on summer. And I wish I lived in NZ! DH and I would like to transplant there someday even though I doubt it would ever happen! Childhood dream I guess... Dad always talked about going there when we were kids because he was a trophy fisherman and apparently the fishing is good. Have you ever been fishing? IS the fishing good?

I like that so many people in this group are caregivers for elderly/people with disabilities. I'm not working right now but that's my job background and I loved it... eventually I want to go into occupational therapy for adults/kids with disabilities.

Iconised Ghost
11-18-2011, 06:43 PM
I havent weighed since last saturday (well sunday here) either and I dont want to! I honestly think I will be so depressed if/when I do. Im getting more enthused about getting back into exercise again though.

Everlasting- you could totally come out here! My parents moved out here with no jobs waiting for them, no house, and 2 kids. I guess times change and what not but its not impossible. The fishing is awesome. We have dolphins and whales in the harbour. Which is about a 15 min drive from where I live. I've seen dolphins about 3 meters out at sea, from the beach, herding fish. Sting rays in the waves. My boyfriend's dad often goes out fishing and catches more than they can eat, so we have free fish in our freezer even as I speak
What are you worried about re the cold? And why is your oatmeal slimey without sugar?? Oatmeal is like porridge right? I use big, chunky oats (steel milled or something?) and its never very slimey at all, I just add 1 tsp of brown sugar after microwaving. Yay wedding rings fitting! I'm paranoid about not being able to get my engagement ring off, but there doesnt seem to be any pattern to the swelling or finger weight gain, so i figure i'll just be glad I can never lose it xD

Mommywannabe
11-18-2011, 08:02 PM
After a couple of weeks of gaining/maintaining, the scale is moving the right direction finally! Thanksgiving is a few days away and I reeally want to buy a new top to wear at my relatives' house for Thanksgiving dinner, but I can't convince myself to buy anymore clothes until I've lost more weight lol.
Crossing my fingers that tomorrow's weigh-in is good!

zanheltangia
11-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Well, to day is Weigh-In Day. I've got a little catch up to play with the thread, but I managed to read our posts ;)

LovelyLeah, Looks like you have your PMs, congrats! It is a lot easier to keep up a conversation with those. Sometimes threads can get buried :). Fine arts and Addiction Counseling, what a combo! Oh no, Leah! you're doing better now though, right?
Raven, I love the name Gretchen! I don't think I have met a Gretchen down here ;), and I have to say it usually makes it a lot easier for me to remember "unusual" names. I got a guy at work with the name Angel, a gamer friend named Evantario, and an old boss named Corinthians, those are just three that I can remember right now. Neuroscience?! Wow! I had to wiki it to get more information, as I have to admit, I don't think about how everything works just as long as it works! I just started an account on Fitocracy, under the same username, haven't done anything with it just yet though. Oh, dangerous! I just looked up that Teavana website, I might just get some shipped to me. I am a fan of black tea or chai myself, but I might have to try some others now.
Sacal96, thanks! I've actually read a few articles about Manning. I haven't looked further than that though, are you liking that diet and exercise program? I find that there is always something on a menu plan that makes me grumble, but kudos to you too for trying it out!
Mommywannabe, dog groomer? Awesome! I'd love to work with animals each day, but I imagine some can be a pain if they don't want a scrubbing ;) Protein powder works? I tend to need a snack between 10-11am to get me to lunch, maybe I'll try that? I was so upset when I had to go back up to 18 jeans from my 14/16s, so I understand the not wanting to buy clothes thing. I want back in those smaller jeans! Haha! But shirts take longer to go down in size (for me at least), unless it's more fitted and would look bad a little baggy?
HeathBar, Business and Film production? Aiming to make movies, are ya? :D Did you find your wallet? I lost my debit card months ago and I freaked! I canceled that quick.
megmix, I hit 200.something, and I think I got distracted by the amount "I had left" and also freaked because I couldn't remember the last time I weighed less than 200+. Then "off plan" I went and I crept up 30 pounds over the last year or so before I could settle back into this. And I am still working on getting "back into this". CONGRATS on those 31 pounds! That's awesome :D.
KamsMoMa, I can't imagine trying to lose weight around babies. The ones I've been around always need a little snack here and there because they don't eat regular meals 3x a day, they seem to graze all day long.
Everlasting, Married, a baby, finished college! Congrats! Yeah, some people show love with food. Will you show us your decorations when you finish? I'd love to see some homemade ornaments, I used to make ornaments myself when I was younger (with my brother and sister, we were part of 4H and crafts were popular to do).
toastedsmoke, it's not about the losses, in my opinion, it's about the support and common goal! I like that travel and shopping reward idea, I just might have to borrow it, :D I hope you enjoyed India!
Fluffy No More, I remember working in the grocery bakery, so difficult not to sample the fresh everything! Ugh! Did you find the weigh-in thread? I see you still don't have PMs just yet, but soon you will, I bet!
aangel22, Congrats on switching to overweight! Not so much on breaking your leg, ow!!! It's been five days since your 11-14 post, so I hope everything is going well for you now.
nicole8705, Oh wow! Busy lady! Well, there is support here, 3fc is great for that :D
MissSMcC, I imagine it has to be tough working with the elderly, those I've met have quite a few sad stories or are just so set in their ways that it's hard to help them do things. :(
Iconised Ghost, There was this breakfast burrito thing (potatoes, egg, salsa, and sausage) over in the recipe section of the forum (let me know if it sounds even vaguely interesting - if so I'll go hunt it up), I've had that for all of last week's work week. I am looking forward to suggestions too, my meals tend to repeat unoriginally. Stick with us, it's consistency that'll keep us going after all. /hug!
chloekinsicle, now that you know about the ADHD, maybe that'll help with some of the food urges? It's awesome that you work with adults with disabilities, do you enjoy the work?

I also managed to find my mother's stash of halloween candy, ugh! Good thing all of the tasty ones are gone now, e.e

Number crunching, a dangerous thing :o, but I have 12.7 pounds to lose before I cross the obese-to-overweight line. I think I'll make it a goal to dub myself overweight in the spring ;). A little more than half a pound a week. I think I can do that.

MissSMcC
11-19-2011, 03:56 PM
hey girls!
did my weigh in, and actually lost a pound! really pleased since i had been weighing myself all week and it looked like i was in for a 2lb gain (yuck lol) so was very surprised to see the loss this morning.
hope everyone has had a good week and gets the numbers they want, if not, theres always next week!

girlonfire
11-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Oops, forgot to weigh-in today. I'm so used to it being on Sundays! I'll try an evening weight, but those are never very accurate.

zanheltangio, I'm hoping that treating it will help with impulsivity! And yes, I do like my job, even if it is pretty stressful.

Everlasting
11-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Aw shucks I forgot to weigh in this weekend. Saturday morning was havoc. I set the alarm for 8:00 as the stepkids were getting dropped at our place at 9. DH turned the alarm off and we laid in bed. Then we woke up to the baby screaming at 8:55... neither of us were dressed and I had to diaper and feed the baby and get breakfast ready and get the kiddos in the house and then it's just go, go, go all day with a 2 and 3 year old running around and a baby who is going through a growth spurt and constantly wants to be attached to the boob. Nothing is easy. We can't even sit at the table and play with Play-dough because the kids are fighting over it (they have the exact same thing but think they don't), and the 2 year old keeps trying to eat it, and I tell her not to eat it and am prying it out of her mouth so while I'm doing that her brother eats some just to be funny. Ugh.

Sunday wasn't much better... we missed church and then I had some work to do in the afternoon over at an employers house (he lets me bring the baby so I can still work for him), but the baby screamed most of the time so I didn't get much done. Sooo... I need a nice long walk today.

I'll have to be careful this week with Thanksgiving! (Although we're not celebrating til Saturday so Thanksgiving meal will technically be included on NEXT weeks weigh in... lol... But DH's birthday is Wednesday and I'm making him a Schwarzwälderkirschtort... that's a mouthful eh? My dad and grandma came over from Germany so I have all sorts of unhealthy rich German foods in my repertoire and they are my favorite to make. In moderation. He's been asking me all year to make the cake again that I made him for last years birthday but it's a very rich and rather expensive cake to make with all the ingredients so it's just a birthday special.

Ugh... I need to figure out what to do about being soooo hungry. Making milk for Baby suckerfish is really draining me and I'm always hungry. Trying to drink as much water as possible but that still doesn't satisfy. Today I hardboiled some eggs.

Iconised- Yup we'd love to or we lose all visitation/custody... so 15 years and 10 1/2 months to go until we are free. We are counting down.

Zan- I'll take a picture of my Christmas decorations when we are finished. :)

aangel22
11-21-2011, 06:50 PM
I gained some weight this week due to everything going on. I was completely OP until the day of the funeral (Thurs). I didn't eat too badly, but I did the rest of the week (Fri-Sun), especially Sunday (pizza, chips, beer, 3 BK sandwiches, fries, milkshake, etc). WI this morning was 206.4. If I would've stayed OP, I'm sure I would've been under 200 today. I still can't believe I gained 5 lbs in a few days. Today I was OP and I will stay OP this week. Thanksgiving will not get me this year!

Mommywannabe
11-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Eating is the easy part for me.. I usually do really well and listen to myself when I say I can't have the candy or cookies. But I'm reeeally lacking in motivation to go to the gym. (Damn you Skyrim!!) I got a membership last month and started out going a lot, but now I havn't been in a while. I am determined to go tonight, and tomorrow, and continue to stay OP! I know that I can do this its just the time it will take.. seems like its taking forever lol.

Thanksgiving should be interesting. I know my family will try to pour drinks (alcohol) down my throat but I'm determined not to drink. I want to see a good weigh in on Saturday! Good luck to all you ladies!

Everlasting
11-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Well... today I am making the dreaded birthday cake. I love baking. Lets just not taste anything til we share a piece with DH tomorrow. :)

I signed up to use Sparkpeople again now because I think I'm ready to start paying better attention to how many calories I'm consuming again. I set the goal at 2,000 calories per day... which seems high, but considering I'm planning on doing an hour (split up) of cardio a day, as well as a walk, and I'm breastfeeding the baby exclusively (which is supposed to be an additional 300-500 calories). I'm going to try 2,000 right now and see where my energy level is, and how the weight drops. I can't afford to just 'try it' for a few weeks and see how I do because if it is too low I won't make enough milk to feed the baby. I was losing easily on 1500-1800 calories before I was pregnant (I was also running, dancing, and lifting weights... not to mention wading around in fast moving streams with waders on several days a week for college classes). Soo...

Well, my goal is to stay on plan for one day, Today. So far I'm doing great.

Angel- Don't fret. To gain 5 pounds in one weekend you would have had to eat an extra 15,000 calories, which I doubt you did. Most of that weight is probably water retention and swelling from all the sodium in most of the foods you listed. Stay OP and I'm sure you'll see a BIG drop.

Mommy- Keep a cup of water in your hand so you can tell your family that you already have a drink!

zanheltangia
11-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Ugh! So Tuesday Night is not exactly Monday Night ;), but I'll do better, I swear :D.

I've been fighting some evil sinus congestion since Friday morning. Motivation killer, but also an appetite killer. So if I can lay off the Chai Lattes and sugared tea that I am using to heat my system up, maybe I'll manage a maintain :p.

Looks like there's a busy week here for those who have turkey-day this week. Or turkey-ham in my case, :dizzy:, my goal for that day is no seconds and moderation.

Congrats, Miss! :D

Chloe, mine can get rather hair-pulling at times as well. Today, I wish I could squirt someone with air freshener without "crossing the line", if ya know what I mean. Hygiene isn't always at the top of the list with field offices. But I can pull off the "want a piece of candy/mint/gum" to help curb the breath-stink, :joker:

Everlasting, I remember making ornaments out of so many things when I was younger (lids, lace, sparkles, pipe cleaners, just anything I could get my fingers on really). Can't wait. I searched for a recipe for Schwarzwälderkirschtort (Black Forest Cherry Torte), and Oh My... I see why that's a rare treat! Definitely nothing like store bought cakes, I bet it'll be awesome :D I can't imagine trying to juggle all that you're up to lately, kudos to you! I hope you figure out the calorie issue, sure sounds like it'll be tricky.

aangel, I like your plan. Getting back OP instead of worrying over the weekend is the best thing to do, go ahead and put it behind you. :hug: Funerals are so stressful :(.

Mommywannabe, I'm with Everlasting on the cup-in-hand plan, just make sure it's a solid glass if you can, it'll help you blend in ;)!

Mommywannabe
11-23-2011, 12:44 AM
Haha.. good idea Everlasting!

I am happy to report that I DID go to the gym yesterday and today!! I was trying to figure out a gym schedule that will fit in with work and my BF.. I work 5 days a week, but he works long hours in a hospital 8 days in a row, then has 6 days off. My goal is to go at least 6 of the 8 days he is working, and at least 2 of the 6 he is off. I think I'm finding my gym motivation again.. lets hope I can hang onto it!

MissSMcC
11-23-2011, 09:26 AM
hey girls, hope all is well.
congrats to everyone on the weigh in!
my dad was taken to hospital last night with a ruptured hernia and internal bleeding, sounds worse than it is, a small operation and some antibiotics n he should be fine. but it was a bit of a panic, i slept in for my driving lesson this morning but im not bothered about holding him up since he has held me up before too haha.
feeling really tired, i think its because i know i have holidays from work coming up and im really needing them!
Mommywannabe- your gym plan sounds awesome, wish i had that dedication lol, im sure you'll do well with thanksgiving too, Everlasting your idea for the drink was great! Zan i hope your sinuses clear up soon, i know its hard to stay motivated when you're not well.
take care all xx

Everlasting
11-23-2011, 11:44 AM
I think I stayed mostly on plan yesterday as far as eating, but I didn't get any exercise in other than being on my feet in the house most of the day. That cake sure is a doozy. I think it took me 3 hrs to make it last year and this year with the baby it took me 5! Whew! It's supposed to set overnight for the best flavor anyway, but I'm sure glad I made it yesterday rather than trying to do it today as well as serve a nice dinner. Baby makes things hectic.

So today I'm trying to keep on task. Already fed and chagned the baby, did the dishes, cleaned the bedroom, washed and hung the baby's diapers, tidyed up the bathrooms. Now I need to get a bucket of soap water and wash the counters, dust off the washer and dryer, then wash the bathroom accommodations.

Oh, and get dressed? That always seems to be put off lately. I can't believe how much work being a stay at home mom is. And just wait until our new custody order kicks in and we start having the stepkids a ton more in February! DH and I hope to have a couple more kids as well... and I'm going to homeschool them all. Eeeeeeeesh...

TODAY I'm really going to attempt to either go on a walk or do the Zumba DVD. I want to do both but I feel like I need to try and settle for one at the moment.

My current tally...
Days on plan eating: 1
Days on plan exercising: 0

I am going to post again later and update that 0 so that it gets to be a 1!!! And the 1 will be a 2, even though we are going to have cake later!

Iconised Ghost
11-23-2011, 02:10 PM
zan- that burrito sounds good! But is it easy to make? I dont always have heaps of time in the morning to cook something up (more time for sleeping is always better!)

everlasting- oooh that sounds like a tricky situation, with custody and things. I guess coming out here is something to work towards then, as a dream for now? And I guess you never know, 15 years is a long time and things could change. I dont think starting at 2000 cals is a bad thing, gotta start somewhere, and having a baby takes a lot of energy, right?

I am going to try and get to the gym tomorrow. Try, try try. I guess my motivation tomorrow is that if i get to the gym early, i might get to work early, and then i can leave early! Whee!

girlonfire
11-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Hi team! I'm doing better this week- back down to 274 already so I'm hoping to see even more loss by weigh-in on Saturday. I've gotten some exercise each day this week, whether it be the gym or just going for a walk. I still have problems with late night snacking, since I often get off from work at 11 pm.

Iconised Ghost- It's tough getting to the gym before work. And after work. It was so much easier when I didn't have a job haha.

Everlasting-I really want to try zumba! I've heard it's a lot of fun

zanheltangia- ugh it can get really stinky. I have a client who straight up refuses to shower a lot and it gets pretty bad in there.

Iconised Ghost
11-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Chloe- work sucks :P I think the world would be a better place, if workplaces said you could come in late, but you HAD to use your extra morning time to do some exercise. Wouldnt that be awesome. It would also be great if they could meal plan for me too :lol:

TGIF!! Massively tired today. Overate yesterday after a few good days. Trying harder now. That reminds me, i must top up my phone so i can use the spark people app today. Arggg so many things to do. And im already running late!!

Everlasting
11-24-2011, 04:40 PM
I am typing one handed while softening up some polymer clay to take my baby's hand print... hehe...

Weighed today and I am on track to maintaining again this week. I have maintained between 224 and 226 for the past 4 weeks. We'll see. Gosh I was really hoping to get back into the pre preggo clothes by January... simply because I don't have anything to wear.

There... hand print of sleeping baby taken. :)

Okay, now I'm going to fire up some Zumba before she wakes up. And before my husband gets home. Because he thinks Zumba is stupid and wants me to remain fluffy and 'cuddly'. He doesn't seem to remember that I cuddled just fine before I was pregnant. That's how I GOT pregnant. x_x

zanheltangia
11-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Breakfast Burritos - make ahead and freeze (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees/132065-breakfast-burritos-make-ahead-freeze.html) - awesome time saver, as I refuse to make breakfast on a workday for SOME reason, :dizzy:. I had like 8 frozen and ready to microwave. Still have a couple, actually. Very easy to tailor to your tastes too. I wanna try it with hash-browns next instead of the chunks of potato I used last time.

Everlasting, "He doesn't seem to remember that I cuddled just fine before I was pregnant. That's how I GOT pregnant. x_x" made me laugh out loud! Then mutter, "so cute!" and fall into giggles. Is that weird? haha! :D
Also, my mother brought some tree decoration ideas to my attention, and I found one that might interest you? I took a pic, it loaded sideways though :o:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m111/zanheltangia/BL%20Winter/IMG_0719.jpg

I'm tempted to play with scents and spices! :carrot:

Oh, Chloe! I had a guy who used to work at a meat packing plant mention sticking bengay under his nose to block strong smells. Hopefully, we'll never have to resort to that ;).

Thank you, Miss! Still stuffed, and it sure killed my plan to walk the 6.1 miles to my parents house this morning. I pictured myself stopping every once in a while, huffing and puffing like I was running or something! My mom commented on my heavy breathing while I was leaned over, helping her with her math classwork. :o

Well, I have been tasked with driving some Turkey Day leftovers up to my younger brother. A hour and sixteen minutes one-way, he better feel the love :club:, buahahahaha! I think I'll drop some of the desert I made off to my friend's house on the way. Spread the calories... err, love, yes, love! :devil: Hey, less sweets and meats in my fridge, the better for my expanded waist line! I might even get a nice evening walk in with the pooch. :D

Everlasting
11-25-2011, 11:51 AM
The cat keeps stealing the Q-tips I used to put the diaper rash cream on the baby out of the garbage. The cat is black. The cat suddenly has white stripes all over his nose and face. The cat has also developed the habit of chasing me to the bathroom every time I change baby's diaper and sitting in the sink, while the water is running. So he gets soaked, then he waits for things to thieve. Of course the Q-tips are his favorite so I usually try to get them into the can before he goes after them. But he's been pretty good lately about stealing the baby's pacifier (right out of her mouth), as well as the diaper pins. I turn around and don't have any pins to fasten the diaper on with. So then I have to put the baby on the floor so she doesn't roll off the counter, chase the cat through the house to get the pin, go back to the bathroom where the baby has usually squiggled out of her diaper because it was not pinned all the way, and usually she then takes this moment to pee on the floor. It's awesome. I need a better system.

In better news, I did Zumba yesterday. I put in the 45 min video and got through about 30 minutes before baby woke up. I managed to do 10 more minutes while holding her. She liked the bouncing. And I got to use an 8 1/2 lb weight instead of just doing arm motions. We also got a walk in after that. I also made biscuits and gravy for DH for supper and put my gravy over steamed veggies, which was great. So my count is currently:

Good eating: 3
Exercise: 2

My mom is coming to visit today. She's an obsessive grandma... I've had to ward her off or she'll be over here every time she has a day off, and she lives 3 hrs away. She'll be here for the weekend so we decided to do t-giving meal tomorrow. I think I'll try to get my mom to do Zumba with me. It will be funny. Or at least I'll have her watch the baby and I can get all my exercise in this weekend. She likes going for walks too so I won't have to go alone, which is encouraging.

zanheltangia
11-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Everlasting, That is one crazy cat! Haha! Her first grandbaby? :D

Well, hello there, TOM, I haven't seen you being so serious in months.
Between it and a back-to-back set of Turkey-Day dinners, I'm rather happy with a .4 gain :carrot:.

(I went to go visit a friend a few hours after her dinner was to be, and it seems like her turkey wasn't done until I walked through the door. :eek: So I went and took a little bit of everything and sat down with everyone, nearly chugging water as seconds were sought after in order to convince myself that more wasn't needed on my plate, and the movement of the water glass helped me blend in as the forks were darting plate to mouth for everyone else, ;):p haha!)

:goodluck:WEIGH IN TODAY!:goodluck:

HeathBar
11-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Sorry I've been away. With Thanksgiving this week, school and work just dropped bomb after bomb on me. If I wasn't at work, I was at school. If I wasn't there, then I was working out.

... Or at my sister's trying not to throttle her.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving (for those of you in US and celebrated) and good luck with the weigh in!

girlonfire
11-26-2011, 10:18 PM
So I lost a pound. I wish it could be more, but I am NOT changing my ticker because I'll be back at 268 soon. Right...?

LovelyLeah
11-26-2011, 11:36 PM
I lost a pound this week. Happy that it's a pound lost but I'm not sure it was in the healthiest way. There were a couple days where my calories were well under my caloric goal. I think this new medication dosage I'm on is messing with my appetite. It's more that I don't realize until evening that I've barely had anything to eat all day. Like today, at 5pm I was only at 480 calories and I wasn't all that hungry. Luckily dinner tonight was higher calorie so I made it up to my goal but it's still a little weird for me. I think I'm going to setup a food schedule for myself that way I can remember to eat, at least until I've adjusted to this medication. I have a physical in a week or two so I can ask my doc about it then.

toastedsmoke
11-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Hey team, sorry I've pretty much been absentee the last couple of weeks. I was traveling and didn't always have Internet access. It has not been pretty, plan-wise, let's just say. India was great, the food was amazing. Probably too amazing. Also my best-laid plans to work out when i was away didnt happen at all. I could have, i stayed at hotels with gyms, but i just was a bum and didnt. Why work out while i could eat, no? #oyvey When I got back on Friday, I stepped on the scale immediately and weighed 186.5. Nearly 8 lbs up. I know part of that was general travel-related+TOM etc but still I'm sure I ate a good part of those 8 lbs. Anyway weighed in today at 180 (forgot yesterday), which I'll definitely take! It's kind of bard getting back into a normal eating pattern. I'm so used to indulgence now that it's hard to stick to plan, but I'm trying. I've been on plan with exercise though and put in quite a few workout hours since I got back.

Ive really enjoyed catching up on all our teAm posts and getting to know everyone through them.
Everlasting: there was a birthday whilst I was away, cake was involved. I will admit that a huge part of my calorie count the past few days has been black forest cake. There's only 1 piece left though. And hopefully I'm too polite to snag it. You seem to have done much better than me! How did you do it? Also I totally LOL'd at "He doesn't seem to remember that I cuddled just fine before I was pregnant. That's how I GOT pregnant."

Mommywannabe: I've been trying to find my gym motivation too. I workout a lot at home but I like to go to the gym because if I don't go, I don't run (it's wayyy too hot and humid to do it outside- I live in the tropics 80s, 90+% humidity year round), and C25K was too tough to lost that skill. What's working for you so far to get that motivation?

Zanheltangia: I hope you're feeling better and your sinus infection is mostly done.

Chloekinsicle: don't worry you'll be back at 268 pretty soon. As someon who "gained" 8lbs in a 10day trip, I totally am where you are right now. I've been drinking loads of water and that's really helped with a lot of the water retention that I think was causing my scale to go mental. Ick!- about the stinky client.

Lovelyleah: Congrats on the weight loss this week. Good job with identifying that you don't think it's healthy.Sometimes one gets so excited about seeing the scale change, one ignores health which is a more important consideration. I tend to be pretty low cal during the day and have dinner be my biggest meal in general, but if you're seeing significant changes in appetite with the new medication, it's definitely worth checking out. Here's hoping it's all sorted soon!

Anyway happy belated thanksgiving to all those who celebrated. I don't now that i'm no longer in America but I have wonderful memories of it was always a great time to remember and appreciate my many blessings. I'm glad I'm a Snow Leopard I'm thankful I get to hang out and get to know you guys better over the next few weeks! Go Team Snow Leopards!

girlonfire
11-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Hey team! Trying to get this chat thread going a little bit more. I just got back from a great workout (30 min elliptical, 15 min rowing) and it's keeping me motivated not to eat out of my calorie range. I really want to see the 260s again soon!

How is everyone doing?

zanheltangia
11-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Welcome back, Toastedsmoke! I'm getting back to a hundred percent, but not quite there yet, thank you :hug:! Sounds like you had a great time :D

We are a bit quiet, aren't we, Chloe? That's okay as long as everyone is still energized, right :carrot:?

Heath, did your sister survive? ;) Great job, working out despite being stressed!

Grats on the losses, Ladies!

I hope you are improving, Leah, hopefully you're health will settle down and you get that appetite back :hug:

Well, I am working on updating my coworker's new laptop computer (unpaid :(, but I gotta start somewhere right? and he's a nice old dude ;)), and I've done a bit of resume proofreading today for another coworker on my break. And I installed Linux on my parents old computer since XP was running slow and full of spyware/etc yesterday. So I am keeping busy, and maybe after a few more classes I can do a side-business with this. :dizzy: I should actually do something more physical, :coffee: but I seem to be running on Empty, energy-wise.

Well, I'm off to update spreadsheets and run some more updates.

:dizzy:

Mommywannabe
11-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Hey ladies. So unfortunately I gained over Thanksgiving, but I'm not beating myself up about it and I am back on track! (And down a pound!) Did anyone else go out on Black Friday? I did and it was NUTS! I did manage to get a wii for $100. Now the BF and I have all the systems :) (Yeah, we're video game nerds lol) Then we went to our local mall, and it got crazy! A ton of cop cars started showing up and driving to the back side of the mall (we were at the front)... Apparently from what people were saying in the mall, someone pulled a gun and a cop pepper sprayed a bunch of people.. WOW black friday is NOT that serious ppl! I'm just glad I was on the opposite side of the mall!

Anyway, now that my crazy story is out of the way lol.. I'll be back at the gym Wednesday. I'm going to re-start the C25K. I really enjoyed it the last time I started it.. so I think it'll be a good thing to start again. How is everyone else doing?!

aangel22
11-29-2011, 01:14 AM
So...I did not weigh myself this week. My great uncle passed away on Thanksgiving morning. So that's 2 deaths in less than 2 weeks. I am not doing very well at all. :( :(
I have actually managed to stay OP today (actually yesterday, but I'm at work and it still feels like Monday), so hopefully next week is good. I am not weighing myself until next Monday though. I hope you all understand.

Krizstyling
11-29-2011, 02:58 AM
Hey guys - Is it too late to join in?

toastedsmoke
11-29-2011, 09:17 PM
zanheltangia: Glad you're getting a little better. I'm trying to get a business of the ground in addition to consulting right now and often that involves doing stuff for free for people too. It sucks but one hopes word of mouth etc, repeat business... :/ Hopefully you get your energy mojo back soon.

Mommywannabe: Good job with getting back on track post-thanksgiving! That's what's important. Life happens, it's the getting back on track that's important. Black Friday sounds insane. I never had the courage to even try it out when I lived in America but even then I never heard of mall shoot outs. I mean how much did the person want that item, y'know? Anyway thankfully, you were safe. Yay about restarting C25k! Good luck!

aangel22: I'm so sorry about your great uncle and the other loss you suffered recently. You're in my thoughts and prayers. I think compared to loss of a loved one, the weigh in isn't so important, so please definitely, do what you need to do. I'm sure we all understand. I hope you're getting the support you need in this difficult time. Take care of yourself, girl, ok?

Krizstyling: Hello! It's been a while, but I hope we get to hang out in this challenge again. How've you been?

Hey team. Things have been a little hectic for me. I took a rest day yesterday from exercise and ate pretty much on plan. Today has not been awful but I'm over calorie-wise (by 250ish calories) AND i haven't yet worked out and it's 2.13am and I'm kind of tired and over it even though it's my fault since I've been dressed in workout clothes since 11pm and just sat here doing work, and now hanging out on 3FC. I'm torn between just going to bed, and doing something small. Like just a little bit. Like half the workout I'd planned. I'm not sure. #dilemma

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing okay and wish everyone an awesome rest of the week! Go Go Snow Leopards!!!

toastedsmoke
11-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Hey team! I ended up not working out yesterday and pulling an all-nighter AND i'm still not done! EEk! I have a tomorrow deadline. I'm already over where I want to be at this point in the day (1103cal and pre-dinner!) AND I'm not sure if I'll be able to work out tonight either. I hope so, though. Even if it's only a little.

It's a little quiet here but I hope everyone is doing great and having an on-plan week. Let's do this, Snow Leopards!

girlonfire
11-30-2011, 02:54 PM
toastedsmoke- even getting a little workout is great! I was all prepared to put in an hour after thanksgiving and I was surprised to see my gym was closing early on Friday! I only got in 30 min, but even just a little bit is better than nothing. Sorry to completely hijack your post, I guess exercise gets me talking :)

I use myfitnesspal and when I workout, it gives me extra calories but I never eat them because I'm terrified of getting up to 2000 calories. Because of my workout, myfitnesspal said I could eat 2100 calories. Since my loss has been a little bit slow, I ate up to 2100 (which I found surprisingly difficult since I ate healthy). And I'm down half a pound! I don't think I could do it everyday, but it helped me realize that sometimes it's good to shake things up.

How is everyone else doing? Go snow leopards!

Mommywannabe
11-30-2011, 08:31 PM
Just a quick check-in! Started W1D1 of C25K tonight at the gym. It kicked my butt, but I'm so glad I did it and did it all the way through. How is everyone else doing?

LovelyLeah
12-01-2011, 12:51 AM
I've been stepping up my workouts this week. I've been waking up in "post-workout-muscles-want-to-kill-me PAIN" all week now. It's kind of refreshing...in a very twisted way.

LovelyLeah
12-01-2011, 04:43 PM
I posted this in another thread but I just have to post here too because I'm so freakin' excited!

:hyper: *eek!!!*

I went clothes shopping today because I was in desperate need of pants. I normally wear 15 or 17 juniors. I was in the fitting room with my handful of 15/17's trying them on. Some worked some didn't. I was putting back on my jeans when I noticed they were size 15's and they were kind of baggy. I noticed a pair of jeans that were left in the fitting room by someone before me and they were 13's. I decided to try them on and they fit!! In one afternoon I went from trying on jeans that were 17's to fitting in a pair of 13's. I think the last time I got my thighs into one of those was probably 8th grade. And, just to make sure it wasn't a brand fluke (some brands can be generous) I tried on other 13's and they all fit perfectly. Maybe a little snug but I think that's more because I usually buy a little looser. I can't remember grinning like a fool so much in a fitting room before. Last time I went was in October and I was nearly in tears. YAY!!!

Mommywannabe
12-01-2011, 07:08 PM
@LovelyLeah That is AWESOME!! I can't wait to be able to have that kind of moment :)

W1D2 of C25K done today! Eating was pretty much on track as well!

girlonfire
12-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Leah, that's fantastic! I would *love* to be a size 13. Keep up the good work girl! :)

mommywannabe- I feel like I've done C25K several times, but only the first few weeks. I'm gonna start up again pretty soon and hopefully make it to week 4. Great job on getting it done!

Ugh, this is the SECOND time in a row I've gone out to dinner! Yesterday was my sister's birthday and we got some awesome Thai food. I think I did ok calorie wise (minus the drinks...oops) but tonight was a challenge: Olive Garden. My grandma can't go out for a big dinner that lasts long, so we went there for my sister's second, low-key birthday dinner. It was hard, but I avoided the fried calamari and cheese dip, and had some soup for an appetizer instead. Amazingly, they have whole wheat pasta, so I got a seafood campellini and ate 1/3 of it (with the whole wheat pasta, of course). It was pretty good! And I've been hitting the gym every day this week for 45 min, so I'm hoping to put up a pretty good number this week. :) Wow, I'm so good at talking about myself...

How is everyone else doing?

LovelyLeah
12-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Chloe & Mommy- It was incredible! I never thought it was possible to smile in fitting rooms. I swear, they are usually death chambers for me. When I shop it's usually get in, get out, and avoid the mirror. Today was just a little NSV that made all the difference.

Mommywannabe
12-03-2011, 02:20 AM
So today was a rest day for me and holy cow.. can I say SORE! I can def feel the C25K in my hips and legs! I'm actually really excited to go to the gym tomorrow after work. I got some new running shoes as well!

So I had a question for you ladies.. What are your feelings on buying clothing with hopes of fitting into it later on? I ask because I'm going to Chicago with my boyfriend in March and I'm going to need some warm clothing.. but I hate buying new clothes that fit the current me. BUT, I saw a suuuper cute jacket on sale.. the large fits, the medium I can get on but doesnt button.. so I'm wondering, should I buy it while its on sale in a smaller size and hope I'll fit it? OR just wait till its closer to my trip and find something else? Thanks for any advice :)

zanheltangia
12-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Hey guys - Is it too late to join in?

Kriz, I think we're 'bout half way done with this challenge, but stick around! I think we'll adopt ya! :hug: Just post Missed for WI 11/19 and 11/26 and wi for 12/3. I don't think anyone will fuss if you joined in now. :?:

I need to go sport bra shopping, ugh! I can't do jumping jacks without the ladies being pissed off and the rest of me going "you can so do more than that!" Anyone in the DD crowd have a favorite brand/style? my oldies aren't cutting it anymore, obviously, haha!

I'm so sorry for your losses, Angel, what a tough time in general! Take some time to reflect and grieve, we'll be here :hug:

Mommy, welcome to the world as we know it, right? ugh, makes me want to move to an isolated place and ship in my necessities and wants. But I am a hermit on a good day anyway, so that's not a stretch, lol! I want to get going with the c25k as well, but the motivation is flagging, I better get my but moving though :running: Since it's a jacket, I'd say get it if you can afford to buy another one right before the trip just in case. If not, that's a tricky question. Since you have a time frame and all. But you are in VA, so you'd use it eventually once you get smaller. I dunno! :?:

I hope you meet that deadline, smoke! Sleep's a major need to, ya know! :hug:

Congrats, Leah! Those NSV are always awesome! :carrot:

Chloe, eating out is tough, but it seems to be a must socially sometimes. Grats on attempting to keep it all controlled, with that and the gym time, that's great!

LovelyLeah
12-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Mommy- That is tricky. I'm usually against it for myself because I tend to lack commitment. I'm not someone who can by a small outfit, hang it up where I can see it and use it as inspiration. However, that is me. I think if it's something that is close to fitting (you can get in it, just not button it) then maybe that'll be okay. You do have a good chunk of time to work on it. I always feel bad when people by a dress for something like a wedding that's 3 sizes too small and the wedding is in only a month away and they think they can do it. But your's seems reasonable.

zanheltangia
12-03-2011, 10:50 AM
oops...

Weigh In Day!

I nearly forgot to mention it ;)
Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC weekend!
Angel,:hug:

DivineFidelity
12-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Zan, sorry for posting in your teams thread, but get an Enell sports bra. They are expensive but they are incredible. I am a 38G and i put one on and look like a B cup. I can even jump rope without being hit in the face! LOL.

LovelyLeah
12-03-2011, 11:24 AM
I can even jump rope without being hit in the face!
Divine- Haha! That reminds me of my sister. Every time I would run my sister would always yell out "Careful! You don't want to get two black eyes!!!"

toastedsmoke
12-03-2011, 07:44 PM
LovelyLeah: Congrats on the size 13! That's awesome! yay! Great NsV.

Chloekinsicle: The body is a strange thing no? Sometimes I eat more and lose weight too. Strange! Good job with finding some moderation at your sister's bday dinner!

Mommywannabe: How's c25k going? Re: the jacket, I think it depends on how comfortable you are owning a winter coat you're not going to be able to button for a while. I tend not to buy necessity clothes I can't fit into with a set goal date to fit in them. I may buy a pair of jeans or a dress on sale in a smaller size as aspiration wear but not something I actually need. If the sale price is good enough, I'd get the one that's smaller, worst case you can use it next year; I would additionally either plan on re-using last year's jacket or looking for a deal around the time you're traveling. And honestly in the New Year, by like February, winter stuff is always really cheap and on sale.

Zanhaltangia: As part of the DD+ club (34G), I highly recommend Enell. Theyre a bit pricey but they're the best American brand I found available for a sports bra. However, once mie got too small I bought a couple of plain minimizer bras, 1 cup size to small and wore both at the same time with a tank top with a built in sports bra (also a size too small) over them. My Enell no longer fits (it was like for 42H ish) but I still do the 2 underwire minimizer bras+sports bra thing when working out. Also I don't really rate the Nike-type brand sports bras by themselves, I think bigger boobs laugh at those!

Things have been going ok for me. I met my deadline but have a couple of new ones for Monday and Thursday next week and I'm exhausted. Today I had aprofessional certification-type exam which I didn't really have time to study for properly, but I think it went well. <fingers crossed> I'll hear in a couple of weeks! I haven't been able to workout till today. I need to find a balance, I'm either eating right or working out a lot, usually one or the other, never the 2! I hope I figure it out soon.

Mommywannabe
12-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Woohoo weigh-in day! I am happy to report that after my Thanksgiving gain, I have lost 1.6lbs this week! I was reeeally surprised to see this as TOM decided to come this week, and I expected to gain/stay the same.

Thanks for the advice ladies.. its not a super heavy coat or anything, and its only $20.. so I think I'm going to buy it in a Medium (the one that I can get on but doesn't button) and hopefully in 3 months I can wear it :) If not, no biggie as its only $20 and I could always save it or give it to my sis.

C25K is going GREAT! W1D3 completed today. Work was soooo busy and stressful today with a lot of unruly dogs, but I did my C25K intervals and sweat it all out at the gym. Its amazing to me that I'm only just finished with the first week and day 3 seemed to be A LOT easier than the first and second lol. But of course next week will be harder.. I like the challenge though.

I told my bf that we have 90ish days until our trip and I wanted us to try to work out together on his off weeks. He genuinely wants to get fit with me. Not that he's that much overweight, but he wants to get muscles, and I'm not gonna complain about that haha :D

LovelyLeah
12-04-2011, 01:55 AM
Today was one of the happiest days I've had in a while. I best friend of 14 years had her first kid yesterday, and today I went and saw him! He is just adorable!!!!! Poor child has no idea that I've been planning his life before his momma even met his poppa!! I remember me and Jess (my best friend) talking about our kids and what they would be like when we were probably 10 or 11. It's just funny to think that now it's real!!

toastedsmoke
12-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Congrats LovelyLeah at becoming an "aunt." That's awesome. A few of my friends have gotten married but none have kids yet although I can barely wait to spoil them when they do.

Mommywannabe: At 20 bucks you should totally get the jacket. That's a steal!

I'm still keeping on keeping on. Still trying to find that balance between diet and exercise again. I'm fairly sure it's balancing out fine in the end, food and activity-wise, but I really should eat less anyway and stick to the plan. I hope everyone is doing well and am looking forward to the Snow Leopards rocking this week!

Mommywannabe
12-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Morning ladies! I know its not even close to being weigh-in day, but I am an almost-every-day weigher.. I got on the scale this morning and it said 184.8!? I'm not going to hold my breath, but I'm HOPING that it stays down or continues to go down. The lowest weight I ever remember seeing on the scale was 180 in 8th grade. Fingers crossed!

I had a NSV last night as well! I have a jacket/coat that I bought last year I think, or maybe a few years ago... when I was probably about 20ish pounds heavier. When I bought it I couldnt exactly button the top button over my boobs lol, and I could barely button the bottom ones. I put it on last night before I left the house and was able to button all the buttons and it actually felt a bit loose! :carrot:

Hope everyone else is having a great week!

LovelyLeah
12-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Mommy- Congrats on the NSV!! That's always so exciting! And if you keep working hard pretty soon you'll knock the 180's out of the water and get to see the scale dip into the 170's.

girlonfire
12-05-2011, 02:40 PM
I tend to use my Monday weight for my ticker and myfitnesspal tracking since I have Sunday to undo any weekend frivolities and this morning I saw myself out of the 270s (again)! Here's to hoping I get even *lower* in the 260s this week so I can reach my first minigoal of 20 pounds lost! I'm barely in (269.8), but it's nice to see that I lost almost 4 pounds this week.

zanheltangia
12-05-2011, 03:17 PM
That is awesome, Chloe!!! :carrot:

Man, oh, man, must that feel great, Mommy! (and I have to admit, it sure is strange to call you mommy! lol!)

Congrats to your best friend, Leah, let the spoiling begin! ;)

Enell is on the top of my shopping list, ladies, this bouncing has got to stop :mad:, buahaha!!

No sorry necessary, Divine ;) You're more than welcome to. :D

Ugh, this stress has got to stop! I've got my final exam tonight in two hours, and I've just about finished helping my mother with her math class. Between that and trying to get another job, my health and other plans have been left to sit on the back burner of my ever shrinking attention span, :p. I've taken up reading to distract myself, when I should take up C25K instead e.e, ah well. Time to ditch the easy sweets and processed junk as well. I'm glad that after all the healthier eating I've been doing that the junk and sweets leave me with a sick feeling now instead of craving more like it used to. I feel a bit green right now.

On a plus note, I cleaned out my underwear drawer and "splurged" at walmart. New socks, cheap "sports bras" for work, and new undies;). Sure makes a girl feel better that her clothes fit. But it sure pissed me off that two pairs of 18 jeans that I tried on fit more like the 16 and 14s in my dresser drawers. And then I have a pair of "18s" that should be 20-something instead. Why can't these sizes be standardized, grr! Ah, well :dizzy:. I know better than to take just two pairs of pants into the dressing room. I usually take the max allowed amount of 6 and toss four back on the return rack. All my work shirts were worn out too, I need to go clothes shopping more than once a year or so, :o

Well, I've said more than my share ;), and got a bit smiley crazier than usual. Back to studying, I've put it off long enough!

Great work this week, ladies!

Edit: After all that stress, I went and pulled an A on that exam, Woohoo! And bought a Enell bra (there went all my play money, OMG, but it'll be worth it if I can run and jump and dance around like a fool in it with no feedback from the "ladies" ;)) C25K starts tomorrow morning at 4:30am. No excuses! Healthy choice for lunch, apples and peanut butter for breakfast, and another apple for after-work snack. I think I can get back into this :D

Mommywannabe
12-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Congrats on the exam Zan! and you can call me Kristi if its less weird! LOL
I knocked out W2D1 today! It def stepped up and got a bit harder but I'm excited to do W2D2 Wednesday!

zanheltangia
12-06-2011, 12:09 AM
:D Kristi, it just reminds me of the Empty Child episode in the British TV Series Doctor Who. "Are you my Mummy?" Had to go re-watch that one and the Blink episode. And thanks! I'm glad to have a class like that, soon I'll be taking computer programing. Lots more than memorization, :?:

Well, less than five hours before I have to get up and walk day one of C25k before work, better head home and grab some sleep. Keep me posted on your opinion of c25k, k? I hear it's an awesome program.

Night all!

girlonfire
12-06-2011, 03:43 AM
I love Doctor Who! David Tennant was a great Doctor and I really like Matt Smith.

Mommywannabe
12-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Good evening ladies! I completed W2D2 today. Kinda rough at the end but I did it! Eating has been going pretty well too and I am staying on plan.

A couple of my bf's friends from Chicago came to town for a few days and I got to meet them for the first time. The next time I'll see them is when we go on our trip to Chicago and I can't wait for them to see me slimmer!

My mom also told me I looked slimmer today :)

Hope you are all having a great week!

toastedsmoke
12-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Hey team! How's it going?!?

Zan: Congrats on your A and I hope you like your Enell.

Mommywannabe: Good work with keeping up with C25k. I'm still trying to get back into a regular running schedule. It's tough, so well done!

Chloekinsicle: congrats on your scale victory! Here's to a rapid slide down to the next decade!!

I've been really busy but I've Ben trying to get my workouts in and keep my diet in control. Still a work in progress especially with the diet part. Here's hoping though! I hope everyone is having a great week.

zanheltangia
12-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Chloe, I actually liked the 9th doctor/Christopher Eccleston best (David's a close second, sometimes 1st ;)), but I don't really like the current set of companions so that's putting me off the 11th doctor/Matt. Amy and Rory, :shrug:, hard for me to get through the episodes now, but I watch still. Can't wait for the next season to get on Netflix.

Kristi, I am a week behind you on C25k (W1D2 done tonight). Grats on your hard work getting noticed! I bet you feel stronger after all your training too ;) Keep going! You're motivating me to continue too :D!

OMG, Toast, I feel awesome with the Enell on. I barely got through a few jumping jacks a few weeks back to try out fitocracy, but I just did 100 this afternoon after trying on the Enell (I burst into them after trying on the bra and did just 50 at first. It's the excitement of being able to just do them that got me that far before my legs asked me what the heck I was doing, haha! Then I did more to show off the bra to my mom, :lol3:). I am so glad that you guys recommended it to me. :thanks:
The bra should come with a warning sign:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-spVopwG1gLs/TjsrJ1U4nlI/AAAAAAAAAI0/-MKwQU0JFXw/s1600/jump_around_poster-p228422818286693051tdcp_400.jpg
Buahahaha!!!

HeathBar
12-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Zan: That sounds like a fun bra to have around! haha

Whenever I workout I have my normal bra and then a sports bra on top of that because my breasts are so big. I would think to invest in a better bra like the Enell, but I seem to be losing the weight in the chest area first (which sucks, those were my best asset! I was hoping it would leave my thighs and stomach first, aha) so I'll wait until I hit the 20 pounds lost mark before I look into new clothing.

On a side note, sorry I haven't been around a lot, and that I even missed last weeks weigh in! Between school and work and trying my best to hit the gym, I've been leaving very little room for play time. But I'm back, one class is done, the other is almost finished and then I'll be down to my two classes that I never really do homework in, but still manage to get A's in. Which is a nice change of pace and stress. Plus it'll allow me to hit the gym more often too!

I hope everyone had a good week!

Mommywannabe
12-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Hello ladies! So I'm super happy about yesterday's weigh-in! I lost another 1.4lbs :D I havnt been able to complete W2D3 of C25K yet.. We started our holiday hours at work this weekend and by the time I've gotten off work, the gym is closed lol. But Next week I'll get it done!

zanheltangia
12-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Heath, having a crappy sports bra became my "excuse" not to exercise. Glad that hasn't affected you :D, but now that I have a decent bra, I find myself wanting to get out and walk, it's fantastic! I'm glad you are back! But the school and gym part is far more important than getting on the web ;), so I bet the team understands. :hug:

Congrats, Kristi! That awesome!

Guess what I did today? I took two hours and five minutes to walk the 6.1 miles between my parents' house and mine! I got rained on twice, had to keep an eye out for traffic at a few spots, and developed a blister on my right foot near the last bit, but other than that it was a great view and cool and pleasant out. I could've kept going if not for that damn blister, lol, it's either I need different socks or the shoes need to be replaced. :D I'm counting it as part of my C25k (w1d3)

I hope everyone had a great week and is ready to start again :carrot:
Post an update if you can, it's always great to hear from you all!

girlonfire
12-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Sorry I was MIA for awhile. I was dreadfully sick for a few days and completely forgot about 3FC. I weighed myself this morning and I'll post it anyway so next week my weight loss can be accurately calculated :)

How is everyone here?

Mommywannabe
12-15-2011, 03:15 AM
Finally got to do W2D3 tonight! Our hours at work changed for the holiday and I've been busy, but I finally did it :) I think I'm finally learning how to breathe when I run, and its making it a lot easier. I just can't wait to get my own treadmill next year so I can work out at home! As far as eating I hadn't been doing too well the last few days, but I'm trying to get that back on track. I ended up buying the coat I talked about before. Its a MEDIUM and its hanging on my coat rack for 'inspiration'. I'm just praying I'll fit it by March :)

toastedsmoke
12-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Hey team. Sorry I've been kind of MIA the past few days, I've been swamped with deadlines and it's the end of the year so people have all sorts of reports and papers and proposals for next year that they all want done before next week and Christmas so it's been a little crazy. My diet has been... well the less said about that, the better. It's not been BAD, it's just not been GOOD, y'kno? (I want to be at 1400-1500 but am more at 1800 <shakes head>) Exercise-wise I've slacked a little but I had an awesome workout yesterday and feel motivated to make today AS awesome so fingers crossed).

HELP!
Okay so every spare moment I've had has been spent obsessing over not having yet done my Christmas shopping (I'm usually one of the annoying people done by October) and having no idea what to get my dad especially! (My mom and brother, I think I know what I'm doing). Any ideas for my dad???? A little about him:
-He doesn't play any sports (so no sports equipment, I did sneakers last year)
- He doesn't drink much (so no wine or liquor)
- He isn't really crafty or into any hobbies (so no tools, besides my mom already tried this)
- He isn't particularly into reading (other than sometimes economics or business type books)
- He likes technology (but I already got him a smartphone for his birthday this year)
- He's a financial executive (my mom's already taken clothes and luggage)

I'm really stuck and I'm throwing myself on the mercy of any of you who are creative gift givers. (My family has loose "no-gift-cards-for-christmas-and-birthdays rule... i know, i know!)

Anyway that's what's been up with me. chloekinsicle I'm sorry you were under the weather. I hope you're 100% soon. zan Yay about the new bra! But boo about the blister. It was a pretty long walk though, in fairness! Wow!!! MWB: Yay on finally getting to finish W2 even with the hectic work schedule AND on the great loss at the weekend.

I hope everyone is having a great week! Here's to a good weigh in on Saturday!

LovelyLeah
12-17-2011, 01:22 AM
I've been having the worst mindset this week. I haven't tracked my food at all or exercised once. Well I did track my food a bit at the beginning of the week but then around midday I would say screw it. I think it was because Monday morning I woke up early for my math final only to have migraine. I ate a decent, well-rounded breakfast to trying to get as much energy as possible for my exam. By the afternoon I was so out of it that I just ate whatever. Tuesday I woke up in a similar fashion but since I'm now done with school I pretty much just lounged around the house all day. Tuesday evening I decided that I would get back on track on Wednesday. Needless to say it's Friday night and I've been eating whatever "sounds good" and not really enjoying much. So tomorrow I will get back on track. Actually tonight, but I guess it would count as tomorrow since I'm done eating for the day.

Anyways, this is how I've always stopped dieting or even healthy eating. I get into a mood where its just easier and more comfortable to eat whatever is laying around and to not give a crap about what I look like or how I feel. But I still have goals I want to reach so I need to not settle for less than what I want.

toastedsmoke- Dads can be impossible to shop for sometimes!! I don't know what your price range looks like but what about a "charging station" for phones/gps/mp3 players. They have the pads that you can just lay your electronic device down onto it and it starts charging. They also have ones that you can use to organize your desk as well.

Desk Organizer/Charging Station (http://www.gifts.com/search/product/Glass-Charging-Valet?ideaID=4528&prodID=435852)

And if he travels a lot internationally this may help too (though he probably already has one if he does travel regularly).

All-In-One Travel Adapter (http://www.gifts.com/search/product/Kensington-International-All-in-One-Travel-Plug-Adapter?ideaID=189&prodID=490923)

MidnightRaven
12-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Hey all!
I feel terrible, I have been nothing more than a lurker on this thread for the past few weeks. I've been sticking to eating healthy and exercising (actually happy with this week's weigh in!) but I haven't had time to post on here. Well, I haven't had time to post any personals, so I've just avoided posting.

Things have been super crazy around here - I'm teaching an undergrad course (for the first time), and I just gave my final last week. So between grading final papers, making and grading the final, and all the associated craziness, I've been pretty swamped. I hope that starting the end of this week, things will be a little calmer! As it is, I'm relaxing after an amazingly productive day with my feet up and a glass of wine. A bit sad that my boyfriend is staying at his mom's tonight (he has a dentist appointment at 7:30am, and his dentist is right near her place, which is 1.5hrs from here...). I could definitely use some relaxing snuggles tonight!

In fitness news, I had a huge (for me!) NSV today - ran a mile in 10min35 seconds! Before I did C25K I wouldn't have been able to run 1/10 of a mile - so that was HUGE! I would have gone longer, but I just hopped on the treadmill to kill a bit of time before my spin class began.

I signed up for the Krispy Kreme Challenge today, too - I don't know how that's going to go, but I'm going to do my best! It's a 5mi run (not 5k - 5mile!) - you run 2.5, eat 12 donuts, and run the last 2.5. A group of us are doing it together, but none of us are eating the donuts - just grabbing the box and running. I haven't run more than 3.1 before, so I don't know that I'll be able to do 5mi - but I have until February 4th to train. I'm looking forward to it!

I hope all is going well with everyone! I'll try to be a bit more active, now that things have "calmed down." Well, at least as calm as things get for a graduate student...

Mommywannabe
12-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Hey gals. Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Work as been NUTS! Everyone wants their pups to look great for Christmas. I weighed in on Saturday but havn't had the time to update until now. I gained .2lbs and I'm DEF not sweating that lol. Just glad it wasn't more.

This week I am re doing W2 of C25K. I havn't been to they gym in awhile so I don't think I'm ready for W3 yet lol.

Christmas is coming and its coming fast.. that means dinner with the bf's family on Christmas Eve and dinner with my family on Christmas Day.. FOOD FOOD FOOD! But I WILL be good!

Mommywannabe
12-20-2011, 03:04 AM
So I re-ran W2D1 today. Its still a bit rough but its getting better. I will say that I am looking forward to buying my own treadmill next year after my bf and I move in together.
I am really proud of myself food wise today. My mom took my sisters and I to lunch at red robin today and the french fries were soooo tempting! But I resisted! I didn't even have one! Only 73 more days until my big trip! I'm aiming to lose at least 20lbs.. hope I can do it!

girlonfire
12-23-2011, 02:32 AM
Turns out I had the flu. I was super sick for a couple of weeks and didn't work out. Pretty sure I gained some weight as well. Don't know how well I'll be doing in this challenge though :(