11-12-2011, 02:48 PM
thanks for fixing it, divine!!

FassGal
11-12-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm ready to go! Thanks zan and divine!

DivineFidelity
11-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Hey everyone!

Looks like I'm you're team leader! I'll get to making a team banner in a little bit for everyone to put in their signature if you want it, but first I want to introduce myself =D

I'm a 21 year old college kid. I work full time teaching Pre-K at a church run day school, and go to school part time (mostly online because I can fit it around my work schedule). I'll be finishing my associate's degree in Spring of 2012, and then in the fall I'll be going back to Sam Houston State University to get my bachelors in Education.

I've been overweight my entire life. It may look like I'm just starting out, but I'm not. I lost 70 pounds a little over a year ago, and got down to my lowest adult weight of 180 pounds. Then I started dating my best friend of 7 years at the time, and we've been dating for a year and 7 months now....and I've put those 70 pounds back on PLUS 4 more pounds. I'm currently my highest adult weight ever, and I'm not okay with it. I am just finding it really difficult to stay on track because I'm so happy right now. I've got an amazing guy, and an amazing job...and I've never been one of those girls who is super self conscious or anything, so my size doesn't really BOTHER me. I know it's unhealthy and I need to change it, but that was a lot easier when I wasn't happy with anything that was going on in my life then it is now. It's still something I need to do though, and I'm helping that this challenge will help kick my butt back into gear!

I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you. I'm definitely a 3FC addict, so I check the site like 20 times a day or something ridiculous...and so I really hope that you guys are chatty! I would like to challenge everyone to respond to other people's posts AS WELL as just posting about what's going on in their own life, because I feel like the best way to be a team is to be there and support each other. I feel like that is something that the last challenge was really lacking...communication between the members of the teams. I understand if you're super busy or have a serious time crunch not responding to everything all the time, but please try and find the time to support your team members!

I think that in the weigh in thread Zan might have mixed up the dates for the weigh ins. I've already messaged her and brought it to her attention, and I've posted what I feel the dates should be as well. As soon as I get a response from her I'll let you guys know what's going on. Oh and guys, don't worry about trying to work out the percentages yourself. I'll go ahead and figure them all out. It will be helpful to me though if you post your weight each week and then the amount you lost next to it in parenthesis though (ex: if my weight last week was 255 and this week it was 252 then I would put 11/12: 252 (-3) for the weigh in). Obviously you won't have anything lost this week because it's the starting week, but if you could start doing that next week I'd appreciate it!

I'm really looking forward to this challenge, and I hope you are too! =D

DivineFidelity
11-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Alright, the dates in the weigh in thread are now correct! Awesome!

DivineFidelity
11-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Here's what I came up with for a banner. I don't have Photoshop or anything anymore...all I have is Microsoft Paint...so I did the best I could. If anyone thinks they can do better, feel free!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/MysticismMode/ArcticFox-1.png

All you have to do is take this link >> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/MysticismMode/ArcticFox-1.png (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/MysticismMode/ArcticFox.png) << and go to your User CP, Edit your signature, click the yellow icon that has mountains on it (to add pictures) and paste the link in the box and press okay. Then you'll have the banner in your signature! =D

DivineFidelity
11-12-2011, 03:20 PM
jayohwhy, just FYI....I shrunk the banner a little bit (it was too big) so you the link is different. You might want to go put the new one in your signature...it's smaller and I think it looks better. =D

jayohwhy
11-12-2011, 03:25 PM
wow, divine, thanks for the nice banner. I can already tell that you're going to be an awesome team leader!
it's funny because I have part of the same story as you. I started my journey at 222 lbs, lost 60 with a medical weight loss program, and started dating my best friend (now husband). In the happiness, my weight has taken a back burner. I am also a teacher (third grade this year) and I love it, but its hard work and it's easy to emotionally eat in this field.

but for me, I am coming up on 30 and there are some things that I've always wanted to do-- i've always wanted to be a runner and be at my ideal weight. This time, though, I've created a "slow and steady" plan versus my past experience of crash dieting. I needed that initial plan to reteach me good eating habits, but since then it's been a yo-yo. I restarted at the end of sept and gave myself a year to lose the last 53. It keeps me from wanting to give up/ set unrealistic-unhealthy expectation...

mhill0823
11-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Hey team!!! I certainly hope this challenge goes a Lot more smoothly than the last one:)
It's already coming together nicely!!

Little about me... I've always been on the bigger side and never could seem to lose the weight. April of this year it was like a lightbuld finally went off and I just wanted to change. It's been a long process and will continue to be but I know that I have it in me and will be smaller and more healthy before I know it!:)
I'm 22, part time student, full time banker! I recently got a promotion and am working longer more stressful hours so I've slacked off a lot lately while adjusting! I'm ready to get back on track and get this weight off!:)

DivineFidelity
11-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Wow Jay, we do have a lot in common. I've always had dreams of being a runner, but it's completely unrealistic for me. I've now had 3 foot surgeries and have to wear custom orthotic insoles in my shoes at all times (and they don't fit in anything but sneakers, so I'm basically banned from cute shoes for the rest of my life). I've been told I'll never wear heels again, never be able to run, and that I shouldn't even walk around my HOUSE barefoot unless I want to have more surgeries. The bones in my feet grow funny, and walking without the right support makes it worse. I just got a new pair of shoes that are the most comfortable things I have ever owned though (like it actually doesn't hurt me to walk at all!) and so I've been CONSIDERING trying to get back on a treadmill (that was one of my favorite things before the surgeries)...

I'm really am having trouble getting back on track. With a goal of 150, I have to lose 105 pounds. That is just suck a big, scary, ominous number....and I feel like I'll never be able to get there. I feel like I've already tried and messed up, and that I'm just going to mess up again, so why should I bother? It's really hard to push myself to stay on plan and fight the cravings when I feel like it will never happen anyways. I'm so happy right now, and so it's hard to tell myself that I want to change...because change could lead to unhappiness.

That's another thing. My real battle is with fast food. It's not really soda...or candy....or cake or cookies....it's the cheeseburgers and french fries. I'm addicted to the stuff...like to the point where I will go buy it and eat it in my car instead of going in because i want to hide it from people....or I'll scarf it down before I get home so that my family doesn't know that I'm eating it. It's really bad...and I'm ashamed of it....and I don't even know why I do it. I KNOW the stuff is bad for me, I KNOW it makes me feel sick...but it's like the cravings control me and I just haven't been able to find a way to say no (except when i have no money, because then obviously I cannot afford it). Idk, it's just really difficult for me. That's another thing I'm hoping this challenge will tackle. If anyone else is as active on here as I am, then maybe when I'm craving it and I post on here, someone will respond and tell me NO DON'T DO IT!!! lol. >.<

DivineFidelity
11-12-2011, 03:44 PM
mhill, congrats on the promotion! Those are always good. Even with the added stress I know that you can do this. Everyone is capable of living a healthier life. Personally, i think it's normal to slack off a little bit while you're transitioning in your life like that. Whenever something big happens, I generally just try and maintain for a bit until I get a handle on things. There is nothing wrong with that at all! If I can get back on track, so can you. We can do it together! By the end of this challenge we'll all be Foxy Ladies! hahaha. wow...that was corny. Sorry guys. lol

DivineFidelity
11-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Oh, I also want to suggest to everyone...go check out Fitocracy (http://www.fitocracy.com)!

I know that there was a promo code SARGE that you could join with, and if it's not working I still have some invites so let me know and I'll invite you guys. My name on there is DivineFidelity. I don't use it much (I forget to track stuff most of the time), but I think if you guys all started using it we could make a team arctic fox group and we could always see what our teammates were up to when it came to exercise, and maybe get some new ideas. =D

FassGal
11-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Divine, May I please have an invite?

DivineFidelity
11-12-2011, 06:05 PM
I have invites to Fitocracy, the social game you play to level up your fitness. Snag one using this link! http://ftcy.co/vH8JWm

cheerios
11-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Hi guys! I'm 23 yrs old and joined this challenge to lose the weight I gained since I been with my bf and our one year anniversary will be on thanksgiving. In that one year I gained about 30lbs back which is insane cause I always said I wouldn't be one to gain back the lbs I have lost, but look at me now :( I took 2 semesters off of college so I'm always at home doing nothing which is bad because i dont get to be real active so I been applying for jobs and applied for papa johns and that's only one place that ever contact me back and my interview is next week and I really hope they hire me I wander what questions they will ask me hmmm anyways the pizza might just make me fatter if I get hired so maybe good if I don't get hired. That's a lil about me and I wish everyone the best as we ride this challenge out together!!! Woo hoo! Oh and Ty divinefidelity for being team leader and I think we been in a challenge together before a long while back I think....

Lambiechop
11-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Hi guys! A little about me.

I'm 27, a stay at home military wife, I have a 4 year old girl and a 6 year old boy, my husband is currently deployed. My story is a long one but essentially I got married, had kids, became super depressed, and gained a ton of weight. My high weight was 5 years ago at 320. This time I'm finally doing it the right way.

DivineFidelity
11-12-2011, 09:51 PM
cheerios, I remember you! I completely understand gaining weight back once you're in a relationship....because that's what has put me all the way back where I started. Instead of looking back and regretting what we didn't do though, lets look forward and think about what we CAN do. Obviously we know how to lose weight, if we did it once we can do it again! About the job, I hope you get it. I've worked in food service before and honestly I didn't gain much weight. Seeing how lazy my coworkers were and how they made the food made me really not ever want anything. lol. Once you see how packaged and processed everything really is, maybe it would make it easier to not eat the pizza? Anyways, good luck with the interview =D

Lambiechop, welcome to the challenge! I know how stressful young kids can be just from teaching Pre-K, and I don't even have any of my own. Good for you not letting all that stress hold you back from achieving your weight loss goals!

DivineFidelity
11-12-2011, 10:22 PM
DON'T FORGET TO POST YOUR STARTING WEIGHTS IN THE WEIGH IN THREAD!!! I almost forgot to remind you guys!....I think since people might not have checked the site today, i'll give everyone a couple of days to get it in. Tomorrow i'll PM people who haven't posted yet =)

Riestrella
11-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Hey everyone. I'm 22, living in the UK. I gained weight by not exercising for years (was a super lazy teen) and then in my final year at Uni followed by a month in America I ate loads of junk and got to 200 lbs. I don't know how it happened, I'm embarrassed it happened quite frankly, but I've taken control of my life and my weight and lost 36 lbs so far.

I did the last BL challenge and lost 8 lbs so I'm hoping to lose 7 lbs this time around since it's 7 weeks. I eat 3 times a day, no snacks, I drink just water and I try my best to exercise 6 times a week. Right now I'm doing the Insanity challenge, been slacking a bit recently but I'm still losing weight so that's a good sign that my body is changing!

Good luck everyone =)

DivineFidelity
11-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Okay guys, here is a list of team members who have not posted in the weigh in thread yet! I'm asking that all starting weights be posted by Monday at the LATEST! If you see any of these wonderful ladies posting anywhere else in the forum, can you please remind them to come check the team chat thread and post in the weigh in thread? That would be great! I just PM'd all of them except Candi who can't recieve PMs....and hopefully they'll be with us soon =D

Team Members Missing Initial Weigh-In Posts

Candi44
princessdi86
ForeverLove
nest
Princess of the KING
Matilda08
PinkSnowDays

DivineFidelity
11-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Hi Riestrella! You've come a long way, and I'm sure that those 7 pounds will jut melt off if you continue doing what you're doing. I was curious though, why is it that you don't eat any snacks during the day? I find it easier to stay on plan when I have some fruit or a granola bar between meals to help keep me satisfied, so I was just wondering. Welcome to the team! =D

mhill0823
11-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks so much got the support Devine!!! You make a great team leader! I'm excited to get myself back on track!! :)

Riestrella
11-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Hi Riestrella! You've come a long way, and I'm sure that those 7 pounds will jut melt off if you continue doing what you're doing. I was curious though, why is it that you don't eat any snacks during the day? I find it easier to stay on plan when I have some fruit or a granola bar between meals to help keep me satisfied, so I was just wondering. Welcome to the team! =D

I'm honestly not a huge eater naturally. I can easily live on 3 meals a day, my weight gain was steady over years of laziness and then it got out of control when all I was eating was takeaways and junk food. But once I kicked myself in the arse about it I went back to eating 3 times a day no problem. The worse was giving up soda, that was tricky, but now I only have it when I'm out with friends or something as a treat. But snacking on fruit is definitely the way forward if you do want something to eat in between meals! I tend to want to eat everything when I'm on my period so I try to keep it to healthy snacks!

I also would like to eat 5 times a day (like the Insanity nutrition guide states) but I just don't have the time to with my work. I don't have an office job where I can just have a snack, so I just stick to 3 meals!

mhill0823
11-13-2011, 01:32 PM
I tend to want to eat everything all the time! lol I understand what you're saying about soda, sweet tea is my weakness, giving it up was the most tricky thing I've ever done and from time to time I will have a glass as a treat or so I don't feel like I'm forbidding myself from having it.
My hardest struggle is after I work out, I'm so hungry. I try my hardest not to eat but I can't shake it.
Any suggestions?

DivineFidelity
11-13-2011, 04:00 PM
mhill, after I work out I generally drink some sort of smoothie or something. I find it filling enough to keep me satisfied, and it's also sweet enough to feel like a treat...so I don't feel deprived.

Riestrella, takeout food is my biggest weakness right now. It's something that I can't ever seem to say no too. I guess it's because I'm always so busy that I don't ever feel like cooking, so when it's offered I just say yes...but still, I need to stop. Soda isn't a big one for me, I find it too sweet...lol. I know what you mean about trying to fit in extra meals around work. i tried 4 meals a day for a while...and I couldn't make it work with my schedule. I have a job where it's easy to snack a bit though, so that helps.

nest
11-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Hey everyone!
This is my first BL challenge but, unfortunately, not first go at weight loss.
The quick version of my story...
I'm 28, married (yesterday was our 5 year anniversary but we'be been together for 12!), we have two children - both boys, 3 & 4 years old, we adopted them after they were our foster children for almost a year. I currently work as a therapist working with foster children, adopted children and families BUT tomorrow I am putting in my four week notice. I have accepted a new job that I am super excited about and should be able to help me on my weigh lost journey - they have a workout center on site, I will have routine hours, etc. I have always been bigger than the other girls but I was an athlete through high school and college and that's when I started to gain weight. I also have health issues that impact my weight such as PCOS and digestive issues.

Great to see everyone so chatted and active! Good luck to all of us!

mhill0823
11-13-2011, 08:12 PM
mhill, after I work out I generally drink some sort of smoothie or something. I find it filling enough to keep me satisfied, and it's also sweet enough to feel like a treat...so I don't feel deprived.

Thanks I need to give that a try! I've been looking for Any way out of that feeling without eating back all of the calories I've burned off!

Hey everyone!
This is my first BL challenge but, unfortunately, not first go at weight loss.
The quick version of my story...
I'm 28, married (yesterday was our 5 year anniversary but we'be been together for 12!), we have two children - both boys, 3 & 4 years old, we adopted them after they were our foster children for almost a year. I currently work as a therapist working with foster children, adopted children and families BUT tomorrow I am putting in my four week notice. I have accepted a new job that I am super excited about and should be able to help me on my weigh lost journey - they have a workout center on site, I will have routine hours, etc. I have always been bigger than the other girls but I was an athlete through high school and college and that's when I started to gain weight. I also have health issues that impact my weight such as PCOS and digestive issues.

Great to see everyone so chatted and active! Good luck to all of us!

I have PCOS too so I completely understand your struggle! I've done a ton of research these last couple years plus tried out several different things to get around the struggle! Ever need advice just PM me or find me on here! I'm always willing to talk about it!
I'd just like to say I love that you work with foster children and that you adopted, that makes me so incredibly happy inside!:) I have a feeling that once I am ready I will be adopting because my case of PCOS is making it unlikely to have a successful pregnancy and I'm terrified to try.

DivineFidelity
11-13-2011, 08:46 PM
wow. I've also got PCOS. I haven't done much research, but I was diagnosed at 11 and i've been on hormones ever since. I've been told I won't be able to get pregnant without fertility drugs, and even then it's a very slim chance =/

nest
11-13-2011, 08:59 PM
My hubby and I had a double whammy when it come to fertility. My PCOS + a testicular tumor (I'm sure he'd be thrilled if he knew I was telling strangers about this! :) Haha) = no viable fertility options so our plan of fostering once we had a bio kid or two became our primary goal. I must say it has been the best experience ever! The boys couldn't be more "ours" if they had our dna! If you have any questions about it just let me know - I do a lot of training on it and have been in the field for almost 10 years in addition to personal experience with it.

ForeverLove
11-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Hey team!
Sorry I haven't posted anything yet but I was out of town this weekend. I'm going to just post my weight tomorrow morning. Anyways I am 24 and am a chemical engineer, this is my first time I have actually been serious about losing weight so I hope we can all keep eachother motivated with the help of this challenge! I think my biggest problems are not just not feeling like working out and making unhealthy choices when I am not eating at home.

jayohwhy
11-14-2011, 12:34 AM
hi everyone, i've been reading the personals, but I dont know where to start with responding.

Lately, my thing is walking the line between eating too little, too much or just right. I tend to go one way or the other which is both bad. Today was a struggle since I had a big lunch thinking I had enough calories for a small dinner when my parents called and asked me to go out to dinner with the family. I was a little distraught and spent the afternoon googling what to eat and finding little online nutritional information about the restaurant. The awesome thing though was that when i got there i found calorie counts on the menu!

hi foreverlove!- i know it sounds weird to say, but you are the prettiest lady engineer i've ever seen!

DivineFidelity
11-14-2011, 08:23 AM
ForeverLove, I also struggle with making good choices when I'm not at home I almost feel like sometimes it's a free pass. It's really not good to think about it that way, because it ISN'T a free pass....but still, it's hard to fight that mentality when that's just the way that I've always thought about it. You really are gorgeous for a chemical engineer. My dad is a chemical engineer and whenever I go to work with him I'm surrounded by a bunch of old guys...so maybe I'm just not used to seeing pretty chemical engineers. I'm sure that you can lose the weight, and we're all here to support you!

jayohwhy, You don't have to respond to everyone. Just try and make sure that if anyone seems like they need some encouragement, that you give it to them. That's what we're really here for....to support each other. I think maybe starting next week I'll post a silly question for everyone to answer, and maybe more people will have something in common to talk about.

Well, I'm planning on having a great day today! Yesterday I made some bad choices when it came to food for lunch....and then I forgot to eat dinner, which I'm sure isn't healthy. Today I plan on eating every meal, and staying on plan. I will also drink 64 oz of water...because I've gotten really off track with my water drinking and I need to get back on plan. It's like all the nike commercials say...I need to just do it! lol

ForeverLove
11-14-2011, 10:43 AM
JayOhWhy and DivineFidelity, thank you thank you :) . I also joined fitocracy and am currently following you Divine.

I am going to stay on plan today, it's TOM so I'm hoping that's what the gain on the scale is reflecting today, but if not, I was a bad girl this weekend so I understand. I'm definitely going to stay OP this week, and try to up my water intake. Guess we'll see how it goes.

Matilda08
11-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Hello team I have done these challenges several times and I love them. Looking forward to getting to know those of you that I havent chatted with. Good luck to you all!!!

mhill0823
11-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Alright I joined fitocracy! Trying to figure it all out!!! I'm mhill0823 on there as well!:)

Riestrella
11-15-2011, 06:04 AM
I'm on Fitocracy too! Perhaps we should make a group and have a bit of a competitive edge here? Sometimes it really keeps me going knowing I have to beat someone with points!

I'm on my last week of Insanity before I start it all over for Round 2, so I'm hoping to really kill it this week. I've not been as consistent with it in Phase 2 so I know I can try harder and it's motivating me because I just want to do my best and keep losing weight! Good news is that I've not gained any weight during my slack off weeks, only maintained it, just goes to show how intense exercise can really help your body in the long run!

DivineFidelity
11-15-2011, 08:17 AM
I made a Team Arctic Fox group on Fitocracy, and there is a challenge on there that starts in 16 hours that you can join to see which one of us can get the most points by the end of our Biggest Loser Challenge here. If more of us join, I may do occasional weekly challenges on there as well....see who can get the most points in one week.

Thanks for the idea Riestrella! I don't know how often I'LL use it, cause right now I'm working full time and taking a bunch of classes and I'm having serious trouble finding the time to work out at all....but if it will help you guys I'm all for it!

Riestrella
11-15-2011, 08:38 AM
Thanks for setting it up, Divine! It's going to really motivate me to work out!! =)

DivineFidelity
11-15-2011, 10:50 AM
No Problem! Anything else you guys think would be helpful, just let me know =)

jayohwhy
11-15-2011, 11:39 AM
okay, i joined, but i dont know what i'm doing with this? haha

ForeverLove
11-15-2011, 12:13 PM
I also really don't know what I'm doing on fitocracy but I am hoping if I involve myself in some mini challenges it will motivate me more to work out.
*tangent coming*
Does anyone else have the problem where you actually don't mind the way you look? I mean, a lot of other people do apparently but I have never put much stock in what other people say/think about me. I know it's unhealthy and all that jazz but my weight has never really stopped me from physically doing anything I want to do, like if my friends want to go hiking, I go hiking and I can keep up pretty well. But I just feel like if I hated my body it would be easier for me to put it through **** to become healthy. Idk, just my thought for the day. I'm still trying really hard to push myself though.

jayohwhy
11-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Does anyone else have the problem where you actually don't mind the way you look? I mean, a lot of other people do apparently but I have never put much stock in what other people say/think about me. I know it's unhealthy and all that jazz but my weight has never really stopped me from physically doing anything I want to do, like if my friends want to go hiking, I go hiking and I can keep up pretty well. But I just feel like if I hated my body it would be easier for me to put it through **** to become healthy. Idk, just my thought for the day. I'm still trying really hard to push myself though.

that's happened to be, both at the beginning of my journey and after i lost the first 60 lbs.

at the beginning, it was because i was in denial and didnt think i looked too bad. looking back, i was carrying too much weight for my frame. then after i lost the first 60, the flood of compliments came in and i got a boyfriend and felt more confident, and thats where i've lived the past two years.

however, this time i realized that this is not what i want to weigh, regardless of how confident i feel. this time, the weight loss is for me. i'm motivating myself by deciding this is my birthday gift to myself.

however, i'm actually not dissatisfied with the way i look, but i've decided that this is not the weight i want to be at.

DivineFidelity
11-15-2011, 01:07 PM
ForeverLove, I know exactly how you feel. I am having the same problem. I'm happy with the way I am and I feel beautiful and I don't feel like a fat person. I know i'm not healthy and I need to lose weight, but it's so hard to get on track when i'm so happy.

FassGal
11-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the fitocracy invite, Divine.

ForeverLove
11-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Question, does anyone know if it is healthier to eat breakfast before or after the morning workout? I thought before but then I have been seeing it the other way some places. Maybe it doesn't matter?

DivineFidelity
11-15-2011, 09:26 PM
ForeverLove, I have no idea!

FassGal, No problem =D

I made time for working out today! It won't happen much....but I found time today. I put off a bunch of homework that I'm going to have to do this weekend, but I'll deal with it then. I didn't have a good day. I binged earlier. I found out that my hours are getting cut at work (the enrollment for the school is down and they're having to cut everyone's hours) and I'm going to lose a lot of hours....which means losing a lot of money. I started freaking out and stressing and then I did what I always do when I'm stressing and went out and got junk. I felt so sick after eating it....and guilty too (which is probably why I made myself work out)....and I'm still mad at myself for it. I don't know why I let my emotions take control of me like that...and I don't know why certain things just make me want to eat. I still feel sick from it (that was at 11:30am) and I don't even think I'm going to eat dinner because my stomach is just so upset. My body obviously doesn't want this nasty over processed fatty greasy food, but for some reason my mind still does, even when I KNOW it will make me sick. I just don't understand.

I'll do better tomorrow. I've got grilled chicken already cooked that I can reheat at work, and a ziploc steamer bag full of veggies, and some frozen grapes to take to work.

BTW, If you haven't had frozen grapes, they're incredible. They taste like popsicles in little tiny ball form....it feels like a treat, when really it's a healthy fruit. Everyone should try them at least once!

princessdi86
11-15-2011, 10:19 PM
So sorry I started late! I hope it is not too late! I had a family emergency, and did not have my computer with me this weekend.

mhill0823: Super crazy, we have so much in common! I am also a personal banker, and I am in school as well! Even stranger... I'm also from Tennessee! Craziness, right?!

A little about me.... I am 25, and as for mentioned, I work full time as a personal banker, and I am also in school obtaining my Accounting degree. Exactly a year ago, I was on this very site, and lost over 40 pounds! Then I was diagnosed with Celiacs, which should have encouraged me to eat healthier, and be gluten free, right? WRONG! I got upset, and super defiant, so I started to eat what I wanted, regardless of the stomach issues it would cause. I would just take my "happy pills" that would stop the stomach pains and such, and go about my marry way. Then my dad was diagnosed with cancer, and I did nothing but stress and eat. All of my great dieting habits went out the window! I've gained all but one pound back! I had envisioned myself being at my goal weight by this time, and I am SO depressed that I let myself go yet again! I've lost weight before... I weight around 230, and got down to 165, and felt amazing! Then, like most others in this group, I got in an amazing relationship, and got slightly too comfortable. He also gained a bunch of weight, but has of course lost it, and then some! Not sure how it is so easy for guys to do, but so hard for us! Needless to say, I am back on my diet plan, and seeing my dietary doctor. I have hung up a super cute DKNY sweater that I want to be able to wear by New Years that should look super cute it I lose around 30 pounds :) Next will be a super cute bikini for the summer!

I started today by taking my medicine, and eating less, and more healthfully. I also got on the treadmill for an hour, and did not allow myself to eat after 6pm. I am hoping that by cutting out gluten, drinking only water and skim milk, and everything else mentioned above, I should be able to smoothly, and easily lose the weight I have put on. I plan on getting on the treadmill at least 5 times a week for a minimum of an hour a day. I am also going to start going back to hot yoga! I love it!

Good luck everyone! So proud of all of you!!!!

DivineFidelity
11-15-2011, 11:33 PM
Princessdi, you're not too late. I don't see why there would be an issue. I'm posting thin from my phone so hopefully there aren't too many mistakes. We're glad to have you on the team! Sorry to hear about the family emergency, I hope everything is alright. If you have any questions about anything for the challenge feel free to ask =)

Friendly reminder to everyone!!! The Challenge on Fitocracy starts tomorrow. I don't know how those challenges are, so I don't know if you can join it late or not. If you're interested, don't forget to make an account and stuff on the site! =)

Riestrella
11-16-2011, 05:59 AM
Hey ho everyone.

I got my hours for work this week, my first day off is Monday which means I'll have been working Monday-Sunday =/. I think the new admin at work still has things to learn, because I think she forgets who's been working a long streak before she does the new rota. Also, I had to swap a shift because I was finishing at 00:30 and then back in the next morning at 8:15. That's technically illegal, and there's no way I would have gotten a good nights sleep so thankfully someone swapped with me.

I work at a cinema so it's all going Twilight crazy. I'm going to not have much faith in humankind after Thursday...I'm probably going to have to turn away girls because it's sold out and they're going to cry or something.

I'm looking forward to starting the Fitocracy challenge, will motivate me to do some Insanity! I've got a cough right now, and it's that annoying one where it's just tickling the back of the my throat. Lots of honey and lemon tea for me and water. Still at 164 lbs, hoping to get it down to 163 by the end of the week.

~~~

ForeverLove - I was in huge denial when I was at my highest weight, but I still hated my body. It never stopped me doing much, I would never not go out with my closest friends just because I felt fat or anything. But now I'm halfway there I really don't mind how I look, because I know I won't look like this forever! The only issue I have is with my hair, but I think most girls do =p.
Also, I eat before I workout in the morning. I always think of my body like a fire, the fire is my body, the fuel is food and the air is exercise. If you don't put fuel on the fire and blast is with loads of air it's going to die out (meaning it'll go into starvation mode!) Whereas if you're eating and fuelling your body and then exercise it'll keep burning strong and stay that way afterwards.

Divine - Sorry to hear that you're losing hours. The next time you get stressed why not channel it into something else? It's all that you need to do, but food is too easy and it's what most people do. But if you could channel it into exercise then at least you'd get a great workout and the endorphins will make you feel a whole lot better. You just need to stop, think what it's going to do to your weight loss and how it's going to make you feel afterwards - and the answer is like sh!t! Life happens and we all get stressed, and junk food should never be the answer. If you can't curb this then you're going to struggle.

mhill0823
11-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Sorry I have been out of pocket!! I had a day off yesterday. stayed on plan, but had.a wonderful day. Tonight when I get home I'll join the fitocracy challenge and see whats going on!!
Everyone have a great day! :)

DivineFidelity
11-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Riestrella, I know that you're right. My problem was that I was AT work when I was struggling. I couldn't exercise at work...my kids are around all the time (I only get a 20 minute break which is when I went out and got my lunch...it's normally my lunch break). I think it also didn't help that I HAD to go out for lunch anyways. I didn't bring anything with me for lunch like I usually do because I hadn't gone to the grocery store yet and ran out of food. I was going to get subway though...not a cheeseburger and fries and a big soda. I feel like I'm making excuses....I'm not trying to, I'm just trying to explain. I already get a lot of exercise at work (picking up kids as heavy as 80 pounds, walking a lot, bending, squatting...stuff like that) and most days I break out in a sweat at least a few times....but I don't think my boss would be okay with me actually exercising on the clock. Idk. I just need to learn how to handle my stress better. I should have tried meditating....I had been doing that for a while and it seemed to be helping, I don't really know why I stopped. That's what I'll try doing next time that I get really stressed.

Well, I just weighed myself out of curiosity. My starting weight was 255......and even WITH my slip up yesterday I'm down to 251...so I must be doing something right. Hopefully I can get down below 250 before our first weigh in, but no promises because I'm going out Friday night for a friend's birthday.

About that....Do you guys know what some low calorie alcoholic drinks are? I don't want to feel like I'm deprived just because I'm dieting...and so I'm probably going to drink a little bit. I just want to try and make the best choices that I can.

DivineFidelity
11-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Okay guys, I changed the Group Challenge on Fitocracy to start on Saturday, because I know that everybody will check 3FC by then, so they will all have an opportunity to join, because it seems like nobody can join after the challenge starts. Make sure if you want to take part in the exercise challenge that you join Fitocracy, and join the Team Arctic Fox group. To join the challenge you click on a button on the right side of the team page!

DivineFidelity
11-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Well I had a better day today....BUT I'm really not feeling well. I'm definitely getting sick. I stayed home from work today, and my boss just called me and told me she found someone to cover my shift tomorrow so she won't need me and to stay home and rest....which was very nice of her. I tried to go to the doctor today but my PCP didn't have any appointments available, so I'm going to try again tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't affect my weight loss too much, but I'm sure I'm probably going to retain some water (I usually do when I'm sick). I hope everyone else had a good day!

nest
11-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Ugh! Haven't been feeling well and I've been stressed and let that get the best of me for a couple days. Haven't been as bad as they could be but I sure made some bad food choices! The stress is rely coming from a good place. I accepted a great job that will be awesome for my career and my family but my current boss is so nice and I felt bad about giving my notice with all the other stuff going on at work. I am over it now and I am determined to be back on track before days turn to weeks and months and I'm totally derailed. Good luck to everyone. It seems like the past week has been stressful for many of us. Hopefully things are going to change for the better for everyone who is struggling. I'm going to try to fit some sort of exercise in tomorrow despite my sore throat, stuffy nose and tight chest.

cheerios
11-16-2011, 09:56 PM
yuck i been having a bad week since my bf came back from work on saturday cause when he comes back he always eat fast food and buys some for me too and to top it off he always has junk food! so now about 5 days later i been eating out a lot and eating a bunch at home i try to blame him, but i only have myself to blame for my choices. I'm upset because i finally entered in to the 180's on saturday i was super stoked and now after that 5 day of eating out I am at 192 :( i need to STOP now so i can get back on track and see the 180's again it was so awesome and almost unbelievable when i saw it cause its been a while since i seen the 180's! I just needed to let all that out to feel a little relief phew......i must make it through this challenge so i can enter the low 180's! I hope you all are doing well and i will be joining fitocracy too!

- just tried joining fitocracy but i need an invite code?!

princessdi86
11-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Cheerios: I completely understand! My boyfriend used to work on the road, but now works 2nd shift at home... still almost the same thing since we really don't see each other during the week. We have weekends together, and he is ALWAYS wanting to eat out, or grab some Wendy's. He can lose weight so quick, and I have to kick my butt for it! I've made a commitment to myself not to have a single fast food item or fried food item till Christmas. Hoping to stick to it!

So, today I was offered a plus size modeling gig. I should feel flattered right? Not so much.... I just can't get past the PLUS SIZED part. Though I know they meant it well, I took it as being called fat. Not really sure if I am comfortable enough with myself to model....

I decided to have a picture of my skinny self as my phone background so that I will be way less tempted to cheat. I look at my phone all the time, so I think it will give me super motivation! I also bought this gorgeous DKNY sweater that is a size smaller that I hung up on the wall in front of my treadmill. I figure that if I am down the 25 pounds by Christmas, it should look super cute! Any one else do any form of personal motivation in a visual sense?

DivineFidelity
11-18-2011, 08:15 AM
cheerios, look on page 1 of the team chat thread. I posted an invite link somewhere on there.

i'm on my phone so i'm not going to type much (tiny keys). Just here reminding everyone about our Weigh In Tomorrow!!! If you want any sort of last chance workout, today is your day. I want to challenge you all to burn at least 500 calories today! That seems like a reasonable number. Good luck everyone! I'm going out tonight....but hopefully it won't affect my weigh in TOO much...

mhill0823
11-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the challenge!!! I went to the gym this morning and my roommate and I are actually about to take our dogs and go hiking for a few hours up in the mountains about an hour away! I'm sure I can burn the rest of the 500 today that I didn't get out in the gym!!!

AND I Get to go see Breaking Dawn tonight!!:)
HUGE Twilight nerd here:) ;)

PinkSnowDays
11-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Hey all! Glad to see some of the old faces from the last challenge who hung in there around the end again! I look forward to getting to know all of you! Things have been crazy for me this week... working 70+ hours, having a family member in a car crash, having to go out of town two different nights... ugh excuses I know but I'm so sorry to have such a late start. I hope I'm not too late!! I'll go post on the weigh in thread now and then catch up with all the chatter here!

FassGal
11-19-2011, 07:00 AM
Okay, soooo.... I lost weight earlier in the week, only to gain it back by the end?! I guess it's time to be strict. I CANNOT go home at the same weight I was in May. NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN. And, I don't want to let this team down. Next week I will weigh much less. Promise.

mhill0823
11-19-2011, 08:14 AM
I'm nervous about weigh in day!!! Good luck ladies!!!

ForeverLove
11-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Just weighed in, down 10 lb from last week, which was TOM so actual loss would probably have been 2-3 lb I think. But hey, I don't care what the reason is, it sure feels good to see that number drop by 10 haha. I'm glad I am still losing weight but I have so been slacking on exercising, guess it's a good thing the fitocracy challenge is starting!
Hope you all have a great weekend as I may or may not be back on here til monday.

Mhill-I saw breaking dawn last night, that wolf scene where Jacob and Sam are talking seriously made me laugh for about an hour afterwards.

princessdi86
11-19-2011, 11:02 AM
I was so excited to get on the scale, and see 218!!! I am so close to Onederland, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! Now, all I have to do is control myself this week! Today, we are celebrating my mom's birthday, and my mom has the biggest sweet tooth! Then tomorrow I am having lunch and drinks with friends, and then going to Breaking Dawn... then having dinner at the future in-laws! We are also having two Thanksgiving dinners this week, one on Wednesday, and the other on Thursday. I am hoping that by running 3 miles a day, and walking another 3, I should keep my weight in check, and possibly still lose, but we shall see! Portion control is key!!! :)

Good luck with weigh-ins Ladies!!!

princessdi86
11-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Foreverlove: AMAZING job! TOM or not, it is so wonderful to see the scale move that much! Also, cannot wait to see Breaking Dawn tomorrow!!!! :)

DivineFidelity
11-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Well I'm up a little from earlier in the week, but I'm down from my starting weight so I'll take it. We went out with friends last night and ate and drank and partied for a friend's birthday....and I went a little overboard...so I was expecting to be up, so I'm not shocked. 253.2 instead of 255 last saturday...so any loss is something to be happy about.

Don't forget to weigh in everyone!!

mhill0823
11-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Mhill-I saw breaking dawn last night, that wolf scene where Jacob and Sam are talking seriously made me laugh for about an hour afterwards.

I seriously laughed so hard during that entire scene!
I'm already excited for next year! lol It's sad that I waste my life away waiting on a movie to come out!:)

Great weigh in day everyone! Congrats!:) :carrot:
Excited about our challenge starting today!:)

PinkSnowDays
11-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Hi all! Finally caught up on all the chatter! Excited to be more involved since the craziness of last week has finally calmed down. A lil about myself...

I'm a 25 year old high school teacher and am in my 3rd year in the classroom already. I hit my highest weight at the beginning of the last challenge... 261 pounds. I'd been in denial about my weight for a long time and have yo-yo'd around 230-250 for a long time... living alone its been easy to emotional/stress eat my feelings away but when the scale hit 261 it was the ultimate wake up call. When I had turned 23 I gained weight during my first year of teaching and hit 230... when I turned 24 and weighed what I thought my highest would be of 240 I vowed never to be 25 and hit 250... well I reached it and went over. It was time for a change

I am currently calorie counting and also trying to work out twice a week (small steps when life is busy during the school year). I feel off the wagon at the end of the last challenge and stalled in my WL then after even gained some back... but I'm here with new hope!

My motivations for doing this are simple... to be healthy, to find myself again (I've gotten lost in my career and furthering my degree), and to be able to once again shop at 'normal' stores.

DivineFidelity
11-20-2011, 11:26 AM
it looks like only 3 of us missed the weigh in! That's better then I was expecting, and I hope we can keep up the enthusiasm. I'll do the stats and some personals later....i'm on my phone right now that that stuff would be way too complicated on here. Don't forget about the Fitocracy challenge starting today! Good luck everyone =)

nest
11-20-2011, 11:33 AM
One week down!
For me it wasn't a great week. I broke even. Guess that's better than a gain. Although I am disappointed I am going to be positive. I was sick and didn't really get in any substantial exercise (hard to run when ya can't breathe ;) ) I easily could've gained so I'll take it.
This coming week will probably be a struggle for many of us. Thanksgiving is centered around heaping portions of food! Eek! For me I am going to start following my doctor's orders again tomorrow. Due to some medical stuff I am supposed to be eating/avoiding certain things. I did really well for a few weeks then fell of the wagon. I'm climbing back on! The only reason I'm not technically following orders today is due to a lack of groceries that meet my needs! Off to the store I go!
Hope everyone has a great week and a happy thanksgiving!

mhill0823
11-20-2011, 11:36 AM
nest... i see on your signature that you're doing Warrior Dash in August!!!
You're going to have SOOOO Much fun! I did it back in September and LOVED it!:) (and couldn't move for 3 days lol)

nest
11-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Mhill- yep! We have a huge group of friends and family of all different fitness levels doing it together next year! From my 21 year old cousin who is a pro mma fighter to my girly girl little cousin! It should be a blast! It is also a great motivator! Even though it's not a traditional race I refuse to be the slowest/fattest/worst at things! I am also determined to do all the obstacles even though I am scared of some of them. Any advice or suggestions?

DivineFidelity
11-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Well Guys...Here are the Week One Results! I've never tried doing this before...so if you see any errors let me know, but I THINK I did it right. The totals at the bottom only include people who did not miss one or both of the weigh ins...if those totals included people who had misses, then it would mess up the equations in my excel spreadsheet.

Team Arctic Fox Week One Results

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/MysticismMode/TeamArcticFoxWeeklyStatsWeekOne.jpg

Edit: lol...I just realized that I didn't add anyone's names to my dictionary so they all have red squiggly lines under them. I'll fix that for next week, I promise. >.<

DivineFidelity
11-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Okay guys. I also started a Overall Individual Stats thread and I'll post a spreadsheet with your current stats for the entire competition in that thread each week. That way by the end of the competition you'll know exactly how much you lost, and your total percentage lost for the entire competition. =D

princessdi86
11-21-2011, 12:09 AM
DivineFidelity: Awesome job on the spread sheet! It really looks great! Thank you so much for putting that together!

nest: Thanksgiving is DEFINITELY going to be super rough for me! I'm hoping that with portion control, and 3 mile runs before or after each Thanksgiving meal (I'm having two), I should be able to maintain, and not gain. BTW, what is Warrior Dash?

PinkSnowDays: I can't tell you how many times I told myself "This is the most I'll ever weigh" in the past three years, and how I continuously seem to by pass every single "worst" weight! For me, it is super depressing, until I motivate myself to get back on the bandwagon. I'm telling myself that this time is it, that I will never been this weight again, let alone in the 200's ever again. Good luck on your same journey, I completely understand what you are going through!!! :)

So, yesterday, Mom's birthday, was definitely a success! I didn't gain! No loss either, but it could have been a gain ;) I am worried about today, though I did workout this morning and tonight to help burn the calories that I indulged in throughout the day. Had eggrolls and drinks at Chili's, popcorn, and candy at the theater, and a hearty chicken dinner with chocolate cake for dessert at the future in laws to top off the day. Ugh, worried about the scale!

For the first time ever, my boyfriend actually opened up to me about my weight gain, and how he felt about it. Though he was incredibly sweet, and kind about the whole situation, it was super depressing to know that he was really worried about my health because of the weight I've gained. He talked about our future, and how unhealthy I would be if I were to get pregnant, and the risks involved in that. Of course, I broke down, as this always seems to be a defense mechanism for me whenever my weight issue is brought up by anyone. I am hoping that this talk will help to motivate me more than I already am, and keep me strong enough to continuously hit my goals. He did state how proud he was that I was working hard again at it, and offered to help me with whatever I may need in my journey of sorts, which made me feel a little better :)

nest
11-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Warrior Dash is a 5k but with crazy obstacles! Like climbing under barbed wire through a mud pit, flaming coals, rock walls, cars, etc. Definitely not a traditional race! When you finish you get the traditional medal plus a fuzzy Viking hat, beer, etc. They have bands and food vendors with turkey legs and stuff. Generally a fun atmosphere and not all about your running time!

mhill0823
11-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Mhill- yep! We have a huge group of friends and family of all different fitness levels doing it together next year! From my 21 year old cousin who is a pro mma fighter to my girly girl little cousin! It should be a blast! It is also a great motivator! Even though it's not a traditional race I refuse to be the slowest/fattest/worst at things! I am also determined to do all the obstacles even though I am scared of some of them. Any advice or suggestions?
I'm so excited for you! I'm doing it next year in may in Georgia(hopefully) and then I'm going to do it again in TN if they bring it back! I did it with one of my best friends who is MUUUUCH smaller than me and in better shape! The obstacles are rough sometimes, depending on which ones are at your location. I thought there were going to be a few that I wouldn't be able to accomplish but I ended up finishing ALL of them! We weren't really worrying about times we just stayed at our own pace and had fun. That's my best advice, take your time and enjoy every minute of it because it really is the most fun thing I've done in a Long time!! Even while not worrying about times we still finished before over half of the group we started with!:)
You will start looking like this....
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n275/meh3w/294198_10100154973708625_38421039_43995414_1025534 160_n.jpg
and end looking like this...
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n275/meh3w/DSCN1109.jpg
lol:)

For the first time ever, my boyfriend actually opened up to me about my weight gain, and how he felt about it. Though he was incredibly sweet, and kind about the whole situation, it was super depressing to know that he was really worried about my health because of the weight I've gained. He talked about our future, and how unhealthy I would be if I were to get pregnant, and the risks involved in that. Of course, I broke down, as this always seems to be a defense mechanism for me whenever my weight issue is brought up by anyone. I am hoping that this talk will help to motivate me more than I already am, and keep me strong enough to continuously hit my goals. He did state how proud he was that I was working hard again at it, and offered to help me with whatever I may need in my journey of sorts, which made me feel a little better :)

I break down the same way when it comes to this conversation. I'm so glad that he is so supportive though, you deserve that!!! He seems like a great guy if he is so concerned about your health, future, and is willing to help! Keep him around ;)!!! I'm sure that is just the extra motivation that you need!!!

DivineFidelity
11-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Well guys, I'm not going to be here Saturday morning. I'll be camping at the Texas Renaissance Festival. I'll weigh in Friday morning though, before I go. I'm hoping I won't gain this week, I'm really just trying to maintain. I have the teacher luncheon for thanksgiving at work tomorrow, and then I have my Pre-K class thanksgiving party wednesday. I can avoid eating most everything at the teacher luncheon....but it would be impossible to explain to the kids why I wasn't eating the food that they helped their parents cook without it hurting their feelings (its a pot luck thing and the kids help prepare what they bring)....so I'm just going to suck it up and eat it. Hopefully nobody brings anything TOO bad for me. It's just one day, and it's just one week. Even if I do gain, I can recover from this and get back on track. I just don't want to alienate any of the kids by not eating what they brought, but eating what someone else brought...ya know?

mhill0823
11-21-2011, 11:03 PM
I understand completely!! You can't hurt feelings over food, that would be awful!!! I'm sure it won't be too terribly bad!!

So the craziest thing happened to me tonight.. my apartment complex has a gym(sauna, gym tanning bed, pool the whole nine yards), but after hours you have to have a key to get into the gym. Well I couldn't find ours, my roommate had it of course. So I texted a neighbor I had met recently and exchanged numbers with(thankfully) and asked if he could let me in the gym. When he walked down there with me to let me in he asked if I was familiar working with weights and such... he told me he was a personal trainer all through college(he's a good deal older than me) and that he would love to work with me some if i'd like...
So needless to say I'm pretty excited, he worked with me for about an hour tonight in the gym teaching me a good weight workout to do twice a week and let's just say he then had to almost carry up my stairs to my apartment after! lol
So I have a new (free) personal trainer!!!

lol so all that just to say..
I'm SORE~!

DivineFidelity
11-21-2011, 11:24 PM
That's AWESOME mhill!!! I wish i had something like that. I have NO IDEA what to do for weight training for the most part. I'm pretty much stuck in a rut.

mhill0823
11-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Come visit TN, I got a great person to show ya! lol

princessdi86
11-22-2011, 12:23 AM
I'll be in the Boro in just a few ;) Seriously, that is so awesome! I would love to have a personal trainer, especially a free one!!!

mhill0823
11-22-2011, 01:19 AM
Lol you can so come down one night and ill get him to show us some stuff! He showed me stuff to do and told me to call him in a few weeks when I wanna change it up! Lives across from me lol

nest
11-22-2011, 05:14 PM
So if I can make it the trip home this will be day two of following my Drs orders and staying on plan calorie/carb wise. I say "if" because I just left a stressful grocery trip and I'm still feeling a little anxious as I head home. why was it stressful? First, it was super busy and I was trying to hurry. Next, I thought about buying some junk. Then I obsessed about buying/not buying junk. Then I paced through the aisles where said junk was located. I shut the part of my brain telling me to buy junk and got in line. My debit card was declined :( For a $60 purchase. I had money and it turned out to be a system issue not that we have zero money in our account but I still looked stupid, was embarrassed and held up other people. I left the store and have almost made it home without giving in to the urge to binge. Once I get home I will be fine. I have dinner planned, we don't have junk at home and I have a solid dinner planned. I needed to purge that info...now I feel better! :)

DivineFidelity
11-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Well, it's a super busy week for me....but hopefully I'm doing okay. I just wanted to check in and see how everyone else is doing! I really hope that everybody has a plan for thanksgiving, and that we've all got the strength to stick to them. My plan is simply moderation. I don't need any second helpings, and I don't need any soda or anything. I don't want to completely deprive myself...so I might have a gain this week, since technically I'm eating 3 thanksgiving meals (two parties at work and one with the family) this week....but I'm hoping that I won't. Anyways, I've got to go get ready for work...but I wish you all the best of luck. Well, not luck....because this isn't about luck. Just don't forget that you ARE strong enough to do this!

Riestrella
11-24-2011, 06:46 AM
mhill - Wow, what are the chances! A trainer will really help you reach your goal

To all you American ladies, HAPPY TURKEY DAY! Hope you all have a great day and don't worry about porking out, we're all allowed it at least once ;p. Just work out like crazy tomorrow!

Having lived with/known Americans for the last 3 years I've always gorged on Thanksgiving too, not quite on the traditional family meals but more at restaurants. Today I'm going to a nearby city and eating lots of sushi! Can't wait!

I'm going to start Insanity properly on the 28th. I know I know, I said I was going to start it Monday! But it works much better for me timing wise (around work) so I'm spending the next few days getting motivated.

I made a thread here in the main forum about my progress so far/trying to get out of the stall, but since I know people are lazy I'll just copy the post here =p (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/247550-stalling-spot-difference-progress-pic.html) But feel free to comment in that thread!

Hey ladies!

Recently I've been stalling in my weight loss. The excuses are my dog passing away, looking after the house/pets on my own while the parents have been away, working the hectic Breaking Dawn week, being tired from work etc. So I wanted to find that excitement about exercise and weight loss in general again. I have felt it disappear recently but this time unlike the previous attempts at losing weight I know what the signs are and I can't give up now.

My bedroom wall is covered in pictures of me and my friends from all stages of my life, so it's always quite interesting to see my weight rise and fall over the span of 11 years! They're all in order from date, so at the bottom are some of the pictures of me from my highest weight. One of them being this one from my graduation (I'm the one in the red dress)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/35088_410881033502_501033502_4355062_6343490_n.jpg

To me, I look huge. My face is noticeable large and my boobage is ginormous not to mention the bulge in my stomach! It's not quite visible but from the other pictures from that day it's most definitely there!

So I decided to try that dress on again, because I haven't worn it since that day, to see if there is any difference:

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/IMG_2573.jpg

I see some big change, and the confidence I have in that fact is really invigorating. Usually I would have so much bad to say about my body, but comparing the two pictures I can only think "wow, look how different I look now."

I've been lacking some serious motivation recently to exercise so I really want to step it up when I get my 2 days off tomorrow and Friday. I want to keep getting results and reach my goal, I'm just past the halfway mark and I can't stop now and get complacent - I've got to keep fighting for it.

DivineFidelity
11-24-2011, 04:02 PM
I hate to say it guys, but I've got to get serious on you for a little bit. PLEASE read what I have to say. If there is one post you read in the entire thread, I feel that this is the most important!!

I had a team member message me a little bit ago saying that they were quitting the challenge because they felt bullied by other members of the team in other areas of the forum. I'm not going to name names because I think that stuff needs to be private, but this is a serious thing. Obviously feelings got hurt on both sides, which I really hate.

When we are talking online, sometimes people can easily mistake what we say to mean something else. Just because YOU think you are being positive, doesn't mean that someone else could read your statement and think that it was negative. This is very important to understand. Most of the time when people get upset with one another on here, it's just a misunderstanding. Sometimes it isn't.....but whether it is or isn't, this situation is much better handled through Private Messages then in the open areas of the forum.

I understand in this particular situation that both parties involved thought that they were right and the other was wrong....but honestly right now that does not matter. We are A TEAM, and we need to start acting like one. If you have a problem with the way your team member is doing something...does it make more sense to call them out in front of the other teams and let them see your weaknesses, or to wait until you can talk about it privately and put on a united front? We need to stay united or we have no hope of winning this competition. I don't want to see anyone else saying negative things to another team member on the forum. I shouldn't be able to see it, because if you feel you MUST say it, then it should be in a private message.

There is already so much negativity in this world. I really just wish we would all take a step back, take a deep breath, and let it go sometimes. It seems to me sometimes like I'm the only person who doesn't see negativity in everything that everyone else says all the time anymore. I feel like we're all so negative that we jump to conclusions and don't think about our actions, and it really bothers me. I just hope that we can all learn from this, and that we will become more united as a team. I hope we can all check our negativity at the door and do everything within our power to support one another.

If anybody feels they have anything to say about this, or disagrees with me in any ways, feel free to private message me. Please do not bring the negativity to our team chat thread. I'm here to support each and every one of you, and I do not want to have to take sides.

mhill0823
11-24-2011, 05:42 PM
I hate to see someone leave:( Internet conversations can't often be taken Way wrong. I try to watch how I word things but I know sometimes I may say things wrong. Just hope everything is okay!

Riestrella- Such a noticeable change!!! So love the idea of keeping pictures up to remind yourself!!!

I hope everyone is having a Wonderful Thanksgiving!!! I am so blessed and I hope the same for all of you!!! During my thanks this morning I made mention of everyone in my life who is involved in my weightloss journey and a huge part of that is all of you here at 3fc!!! Thank you! :)

zanheltangia
11-24-2011, 05:55 PM
I wanted to add this as an attachment to Divine's post.
A little refresher, if you will. Or a useful reminder if anyone has problems with another user here on 3FC:

The 3FC Forum rules are very specific on what they allow: "9. Respect toward fellow members is expected. You agree not to harass, flame, insult, taunt, or otherwise disrespect any member of this forum. In other words, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. This includes gossiping about another member. This requirement is meant to encourage the overall strength of our support system, and will benefit our community as a whole." Forum Rules (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/frequently-asked-questions/50973-forum-rules.html)

Also, I found:
"Questions regarding forum policy, and specific complaints or forum disputes should be referred to an administrator (Suzanne 3FC or Jennifer 3FC) by Private Message."

junebug41 is the Mod for the 20somethings forum section.

Unfortunately, disagreements and misunderstandings happen.
Now, to lighten up my post: :hug:
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/180d5a34-5825-4d37-b183-650e45832cc7.jpg

nest
11-24-2011, 09:35 PM
How was everyone's Thanksgiving?

As for me...
It was a pretty successful day! I planned very well for what I was going to eat and when to try to minimize hunger for our dinner time family gathering. To say my mom over cooks would seriously be the understatement of the year! I volunteered to bring the fresh fruits and veggies...at least I could garuntee they would be there! I also made some other things but they don't fall in line with what I am eating. I had ONE cookie! ONE! The only other questionable item I had was almonds. I had about 10 chocolate covered almonds. Still better than the 20 pies, cheese dip, carb-sugar-fat fest that covered the tables and counters for seven hours! I decided that was a good comprise between binging and restricting myself to the point to drive myself crazy! The only other things I ate were fresh veggies, some turkey and a few oz of cheese. Good protein and some veggies - although I don't have the exact counts and am going off estimates I am pretty sure I was able to stay on plan today! Whoop whoop! :)

Also, I know official weigh ins aren't until Sat but the scale is moving in my favor now that I'm not sickly! I broke through a barrier 5okay that had been kicking my booty! Both a non-scale victory and a scale victory today added to my list of things to be thankful for!

Hope everyone else had a good day! If not, tomorrow is a new day!

DivineFidelity
11-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Nest, I'm glad you had a wonderful day. It sounds like you did a great job today, congradulations!

I however...did awful. I'm so scared to get on that scale tomorrow and face those numbers. I'm hoping that I didn't gain, because that would be bad for the team AND me....but I know I won't be eating that much this weekend (i'm broke and going camping so it's just pb&j for me...and I'm not a big fan of pb&j so I probably won't eat much), so maybe that will make up for my awful decisions today? I hope so...

mhill0823
11-24-2011, 11:08 PM
I did pretty well today!! I'm so excited!! I ate really hardly anything. I just didn't have an appetite... I guess thats a good thing lol!!

Riestrella
11-25-2011, 05:40 AM
I had my own version of Thanksgiving, went to a Christmas Market and ate chocolate covered giant marshmellow, miniature pancakes then had a giant sushi meal (katsudan curry with 6 pieces of sushi). So yeah, needless to say I was STUFFED by the end of the day! But it was so worth it!!

Still weighed in at 163 lbs though so BOOYAH! My parents are coming back off their holiday today so I've got to tidy the whole house, tidy out the chicken pen (EWWW!) and then I'm going to watch 50/50 with a friend (it's only just come out here).

Tomorrow starts my 5 day in a row shift (I know it sounds weird, but at my work you tend to work 3 days, get 1 day off, work 4, get 2 off etc - it's quite weird working more than 4 days in a row!) then I've got 2 WEEKS OFF!! Monday I will most definitely start Insanity round 2, but just skip to week 2 because by the time I get to visit the boyfriend in America I want the recovery week to be in the middle and not towards the end (because then I know I'll be like "well I'm going soon so might as well stuff my face").

Thanks mhill, I'm so happy you could see a change too! Congrats on being good!! You're a super star! I think once you start exercising and losing weight your stomach most definitely shrinks. I'm hoping that when I go on holiday to America I won't try and force my body to adapt to the giant portion sizes and listen to my body when it says it's full. I have a bad habit of trying to cram it all in!

mhill0823
11-25-2011, 11:46 PM
I had my own version of Thanksgiving, went to a Christmas Market and ate chocolate covered giant marshmellow, miniature pancakes then had a giant sushi meal (katsudan curry with 6 pieces of sushi). So yeah, needless to say I was STUFFED by the end of the day! But it was so worth it!!

Still weighed in at 163 lbs though so BOOYAH! My parents are coming back off their holiday today so I've got to tidy the whole house, tidy out the chicken pen (EWWW!) and then I'm going to watch 50/50 with a friend (it's only just come out here).

Tomorrow starts my 5 day in a row shift (I know it sounds weird, but at my work you tend to work 3 days, get 1 day off, work 4, get 2 off etc - it's quite weird working more than 4 days in a row!) then I've got 2 WEEKS OFF!! Monday I will most definitely start Insanity round 2, but just skip to week 2 because by the time I get to visit the boyfriend in America I want the recovery week to be in the middle and not towards the end (because then I know I'll be like "well I'm going soon so might as well stuff my face").

Thanks mhill, I'm so happy you could see a change too! Congrats on being good!! You're a super star! I think once you start exercising and losing weight your stomach most definitely shrinks. I'm hoping that when I go on holiday to America I won't try and force my body to adapt to the giant portion sizes and listen to my body when it says it's full. I have a bad habit of trying to cram it all in!

Congrats on your weigh in:) Sushi is my ultimate weakness All the time, so I can't say that I would weigh the same after lol! Good luck with work!! I finally have a weekend off and I'm not sure what to do with myself!!!
and I'm sure when you get to America you will do just fine, I can tell you're getting your motivation back! You've got this!!! We'll all be here cheering you on!!!

nest
11-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Hope everyone has a great weigh in today! Good luck!

ForeverLove
11-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Whoa, sorry, I've been MIA all week which makes it very difficult to respond to everyones conversation. Thanksgiving wasn't so great for me eating wise, I didn't cook so I couldn't control what was in the food being made and I probably ate too much over the entire week :/. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now except get back on track this week and try to fix what I undid!

I am very sad that someone felt bullied and felt the need to leave the team, I never understand online arguments, I hope whoever felt bullied doesn't take it too hard! And I hope the people doing the bullying understand whatever it is they said wrong and try not to let it happen again.

I will try to be more active in general and on here this week so that I am reminded to not eat cookies and pie just because theyre in the kitchen!

Lambiechop
11-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Sorry I don't check in more often. Things here are blah. Holidays suck because I miss my husband. Hopefully 5 more weeks until he returns from this deployment. Still chasing that elusive -50 lb mark and still determined to be under 200 by the new year.

PinkSnowDays
11-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Hang in there lambie it looks like u are so close to your goal!

I finally figured out to get on the forum on my phone so ill be much more active!

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! I didn't over eat too much and managed to not gain this week at least. Really hoping to kick my excuses to the curb this week and find my way to the gym no matter how many hours I work. I'm really struggling finding a balance anymore and just letting the stress of work rule my life and mind. Here's to a new week! Good luck ladies.

mhill0823
11-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Happy weigh in day!!! :) hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

Riestrella
11-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Hey ladies!

I'm really starting to feel the strain of not exercising. So I'm trying my best to channel those feelings into motivation. I'm completely busy tomorrow so I have no time to work out, but Monday for sure I'm going to hit up Insanity and sweat like a hippo in a power shower. I HAVE TO! I want to lose as much weight as possible before I see my bf in February and I want to hit that 150 lbs if I can!!

Christmas is going to be awful, my parents are both overweight and my Dad especially likes to use Christmas (the entire December month more like) as an excuse to gorge on treats. But I hope I can keep a good mentality and stick to my 3 meals a day and no snacks.

I might write something tonight, just a personal diary entry just to map out all the happenings and get it all out of my system. I find writing very much like therapy sometimes.

Hope you're all well and that you all survived Black Friday (we got news reports of people pulling out guns for bargains?! oh you crazy yanks ;p) and are staying strong!! Can't believe we're almost in December!!

mhill - Thanks for your support, you know exactly what to say to get me pumped! You're SUPER CLOSE to your 2nd mini goal I see! YOU CAN DO IT!! Just 3 lbs to go!!

mhill0823
11-26-2011, 08:48 PM
mhill - Thanks for your support, you know exactly what to say to get me pumped! You're SUPER CLOSE to your 2nd mini goal I see! YOU CAN DO IT!! Just 3 lbs to go!!

Thank you!! I'm so excited to be back on track! i was all the way down to the 50 pound mark last time then I slacked off and gained WAYYY too much back! lol
but I'm excited this time! I can't let it happen again!!!
I Love all the support!! We can do this!

princessgina00
11-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Stupid weight loss. Why are you so unfair? Yesterday, I weighed in at 195. And today? I weighed in at 193! Stupid scale! Why couldn't you have said 193 yesterday when it really mattered for this challenge. 193 today does not help my team this week. Well, despite the stupid scale, my weigh-in today means that I have officially lost all of the weight I "gained" (7 lbs) from Thanksgiving. Hopefully, next week I will be able to post a lost in order to help this team win this challenge.

mhill0823
11-27-2011, 01:33 PM
princessgina - Congrats on the loss either way! Mine always seems to do things like that too but it will all count in the end!:) was just looking at your ticker, your weight loss so far is simply AMAZING!!! Congrats!:)

Lambiechop
11-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Thank you, PinkSnowDays! 10.5 lbs before the 1st of January. I'm hoping it's attainable.

To keep myself occupied lately I've been trying to teach myself how to do more with my hair and makeup. I bought extensions and a curling wand and I've been trying to take care of my skin more. I'd hate to lose all this weight and still be meh. It's shallow but I totally want to be a MILF. My husband is sexy as **** (think Captain America, or that's what other women tell me) and I never want people to think "why is he with her" again.

princessdi86
11-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Riestrella: I LOVE the difference I see in your picture! You look absolutely gorgeous! I cannot WAIT to be in the 160's!

Sorry I have been slightly MIA this week! Much like others on here, the holidays played a huge part in that! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, and did lots of crazy shopping on Black Friday! I plan on jumping back on the bandwagon tomorrow!

Just wanted to post this picture of our now Christmas tree. It is so big, and slightly ridiculous, I just love it! The fact that it makes me look smaller doesn't hurt ;)

mhill0823
11-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Diana: Lookin' Great!!! and I Love the tree!! I haven't had a real tree in my house since I was about 9 years old, it always messes with my allergies so bad. Breaks my heart!!! You'll have to post a picture of it all decorated, I love Christmas time!!!!
We put ours up here in the apartment the other night, I'll upload a picture!!
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n275/meh3w/Christmas2011.jpg

DivineFidelity
11-28-2011, 07:51 AM
Well hey guys! Sorry I haven't been active the past few days....I went camping at the Texas Renaissance Festival. It was awesome and fun, even though it rained a lot....and it was really cold...and now I think I'm getting sick. Whatever though. I'm kind of excited because I got back and weighed myself and I had lost a lot. I was below 250! I missed the weigh in this past week....I was going to post it Friday, but I forgot to do it before I left to go camping....so I'll just wait until next week. Hopefully that will give me a big loss since the last weigh in. lol.

I had a great time though...so it was definitely worth it.

I've got to get ready for work soon, and then after work I've got to go to the dentist and get a permanent crown placed, and a filling....so I may not get around until posting the stats until tomorrow. I'm sorry for the delay, it's just been a really busy weekend.

I just have to say, I love how active we have all been in the chat thread. Let's keep up that wonderful support! =D

mhill - I love your tree! It's gorgeous! I bet you cant wait to reach that 30 pounds lost mini-goal! That just seems so far away for me...with christmas and everything. I feel like I'm JUST starting....and I have a long way to go before I am going to get anywhere. The worst part is that I feel smaller then I did LAST time I was this weight (I guess because I still workout, and I wasn't working out then)....and so it's hard to convince myself to stick to the diet completely...you know? lol

Riestrella - I've never tried sushi. I have barely even tried cooked fish, and am not a fan. My boyfriend loves it, but we never go get it because I'm afraid. Is there something you could suggest that would be good to start with? lol. Also, I know what you mean when it comes to christmas. I'm really worried about it too. My parents are both overweight, I grew up in a family where vegetables didn't exist and fatty foods were good foods....and my parents still think that way. I don't know how I'll get through it without gaining 50 pounds. It's not so much the treats that I'm worried about as the food that they're going to cook, all loaded with grease and fats. =/

ForeverLove - We all get busy, I understand it. I also don't understand online arguments....well, I say that....but my boyfriend and I were talking online through IMs the other day, and we got into a big fight that we later realized was dumb because we just misunderstood what the other person was saying. We're over it now...It just reminds me how careful we really do have to be when we're talking to people online because it really can be hard to get what you mean across sometimes.

Lambiechop - You CAN reach that 50 pounds lost mark! You are SO close, and I am so jealous. lol. I too need to work on my appearance more. Right now, I'm wearing a lot of shapeless clothes and sweat pants....and I'm in the process of growing out my pixie cut, so my hair always looks awful. Maybe if I wore more makeup or something, I would feel a little less frumpy. =/

PinkSnowDays - Getting on 3FC on my phone is one of my favorite things to do when I'm bored at work. It also helps me to keep on track, having access to it when I'm in situations that might test my will power. It really is a great weight loss tool. Congrats on not gaining this past week. That in itself is a huge accomplishment!

princessgina00 - Just think about how much weight you'll be able to lose this week from the weight you posted for your weigh in on saturday! If you're already down that much, you can have a really big week this week!

princessdi86 - I LOVE the huge tree. Christmas trees are always one of my favorite parts of christmas!

I want to challenge everyone to do 100 crunches (or more) this week!!! I don't care if you do them all at once or spread them out over the week. It doesn't matter if they are on a stability ball, on the floor, or in a pool (that's how I prefer to do them, with those floating noodles under my head and ankles)....lets just all try and get to 100 crunches! Every time you do them, post back and report how many you did, and keep a running tally. And don't forget to track them on Fitocracy! =D

Riestrella
11-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Well girls, I did it! I did Insanity today! I haven't done an Insanity workout since the 9th November. That's 2 and half weeks with NO EXERCISE! I still am astonished I managed to lose a pound in that time frame and maintain 163 lbs, as well as lose 1 inch off my stomach (I mean, seriously, what the h3ll?!). I was super close to not doing it, to just curling up in bed and taking a nap. Then I said to myself "You're not a quitter, you're halfway to your goal so just get up and do it!" I then played some ultimate cheesy 80s motivation (montage) music and got ready then I did it!!

It wasn't great, I ended up coughing a LOT since I think my asthma is playing up because of the cold weather. I skipped some of the push ups (I was running a bit behind on time you see) but I did most of the cardio including awful power jumps (jumping high in the air, bringing your knees as high up as possible, giving your knees a slap with your hands and landing) and now I feel super happy. It's the fact that I got over my slump barrier and just did it no matter how well it went. I updated Fitocracy for the first time in weeks, I'm going to update my exercise post and yeah - I just want to GET BACK ON IT!!

Tomorrow I've got a packed day so I'll have to take the rest day early, but Wednesday I have no excuse and after that I'm off for 2 weeks so I can concentrate on my weight loss.

I accept your challenge Miss Divine!

mhill - What's important is you're back and FIGHTING for it!! You can definitely get back to where you were and then so far past it that you'll be at your goal weight in no time. Awesome tree, shame you can't have a real one! But I'll say this - it's too early it's not even December yet, woman!!

gina - Congrats on your loss! It only means when the next weigh in comes you'll have a great loss and you might even lose more before then!!

Lambie - Taking pride in your appearance is NOT shallow. Letting it dictate your happiness and having it as a mask is bad, but when you just want to take care of yourself and look good that's awesome. I know what you mean though, I not too long ago cut a fringe into my hair as something different. I had the centre parting straight hair do going on for YEARS so I wanted a challenge. My hair is too thin for a fringe, so I'm trying to 'train' it into a side swooshy fringe. I need to get it cut into a bit now because it's getting a bit meh, but it's nice to look good! I want to use cocoa butter for my stretch marks just to lessen their appearance. Need to start making a habit out of it!

princessdi - Thank you so much! You're a sweety =). Girl you are gorgeous! What a beautiful face you have, and I am super jealous of your hair! Looking amazing =)

Divine - AMAZING!! That's great how you lost weight! Now I command you to immediately report to your sink and pour yourself a glass of water NOW, woman! You need fluids if you're feeling sick! About the sushi, honestly? Just try everything. The best thing about sushi if it's on a conveyor belt is that you can just grab it and try it. I'm super fussy with food and I love sushi. It tastes different to cooked fish. Get your boyfriend to tell you what's good, or even ask the waiter, they'll know what they're talking about! My boyfriend works at a sushi restaurant so I'm hoping he's an expert by the time I see him so he can introduce me to some more!
As for your Christmas, I think portion size is going to be your target. Just enjoy the food that you can without over indulging. And when you feel full, STOP! No point in cramming more in when your body is yelling for mercy, it's a baaad habit of mine and I need to listen to my body more!

mhill0823
11-28-2011, 08:33 PM
I accept the 100 crunch challenge!!!

I did 20 tonight at the gym!!! 80 more to go!!! :)

mhill - I love your tree! It's gorgeous! I bet you cant wait to reach that 30 pounds lost mini-goal! That just seems so far away for me...with christmas and everything. I feel like I'm JUST starting....and I have a long way to go before I am going to get anywhere. The worst part is that I feel smaller then I did LAST time I was this weight (I guess because I still workout, and I wasn't working out then)....and so it's hard to convince myself to stick to the diet completely...you know? lol

Glad you had a great time this weekend!!
I'm the same way, once I lose weight I start to feel almost invincible and then I slack off... well at least that's how it is for me! I've got to get past that feeling and keep pushing myself!!!! I'm just glad really that I bought a new scale and it's actually working!(and getting lower) lol

mhill - What's important is you're back and FIGHTING for it!! You can definitely get back to where you were and then so far past it that you'll be at your goal weight in no time. Awesome tree, shame you can't have a real one! But I'll say this - it's too early it's not even December yet, woman!!

I love your inspiration!!! So glad you are back to doing Insanity!!! You will be back on track in no time!!!
As far as the tree goes, it's always been a family tradition to put it up the night of Thanksgiving so I brought that with me! lol People here in my apartment complex had theirs up middle of November, so I justify myself by saying I'm not THAT crazy~ lol

Riestrella
11-29-2011, 04:47 AM
mhill - Ok, I'll let you off then ;p. There a guy nearby who goes CRAZY with Christmas lights. It's kinda like the National Lampoon's house. I'll have to take pictures! I swear you can see his house from space...

mhill0823
11-29-2011, 10:54 AM
haha those are my favorite! Back in my hometown we had a family that did that and we swear the town loved it so much they used to spike everyone else's electric bills to cover it!! lol I love Christmas lights and decorations but there is definitely something called Too Much! lol

So as for today! I'm about to go work on revisions to a paper I wrote and then I turn it in this evening! I will officially be done with assignments for the semester! I still have class for a few more weeks but no more assignments! Such a relief! lol Now I just have to wait and pray for a good grade, this certain professor grades Tough!

Annnnd I did 50 crunches during my workout today...

So I'm up to 70 out of 100! 30 more to go!!!

DivineFidelity
11-29-2011, 10:52 PM
well ladies, i'm sorry to say it's gonna be another day before I get the stats done. I'm on my phone now....my laptop won't start. I haven't forgotten about you though! I'll be going to my bf's house tomorrow and i'll do it on his. Sorry about the wait =(

DivineFidelity
11-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Well here are the stats!

I also updated the Overall Individual Stats chart in the thread for that if you're interested. It's not a new post, I just edited the old one. =D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/MysticismMode/TeamArcticFoxWeeklyStatsWeekTwo.jpg
Congrats to our Biggest Loser: nest!

Also, Candi44 and FassGal are no longer in the competition.

We had a LOT of people miss weigh ins this past week. I want to remind everyone that once you miss 3 weigh ins, you will be disqualified from the competition! I will be PMing everyone who has missed any, just to remind them in case they have forgotten about the challenge. I know I can't really talk since I missed a weigh in as well...but please try and post your weight early if you know you can't weigh in on Saturday!

DivineFidelity
11-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Yay Crunches!

Can you ladies feel those abs getting stronger yet? I sure can.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for another exercise related challenge for next week? I liked the crunches idea because I love crunches, but I thought maybe it would be good to mix it up next week. I'm open to suggestions! Also, if YOU have anything you would like to challenge the team to do, feel free! I like a little bit of a challenge. Sometimes that can help push me beyond where I would normally go when it comes to my exercise. =D

mhill0823
11-30-2011, 09:32 PM
I love the challenge idea!!! I'm almost done lol... Maybe next week challenge with miles.. Like everyone is challenged to walk/run 12 miles or something like that?

DivineFidelity
11-30-2011, 10:26 PM
We could do that. I don't know that I would participate, but maybe I could cycle that many miles. Walking and Running are painful things for me. Even in the pool, it hurts.

mhill0823
11-30-2011, 11:46 PM
That works too!! Just a challenge to complete so many miles, however we prefer:)

Riestrella
12-01-2011, 06:09 AM
Hey ladies!

December is here! I can't believe we're at the end of 2011! I'm so happy about this month though, because November really sucked balls for me and I want to make December better. I want to stay consistent with my exercise, keep accountable on this forum and just see some great results.

I've now got my 2 weeks off! What better way than to do some exercise then go shopping for that work do dress! Eep! Hope you're all well!

Divine - Ahhh! I'm so sorry! I'm actually 163 lbs not 164 lbs! I stupidly made a typo in my weigh in thread!! =(!

DivineFidelity
12-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Riestrella, I'm not going to mess with it now cause I already turned the stats in to Zan, and it's actually more of a complicated process then you might imagine (make an excel spreadsheet, copy it and paste into microsoft word so the background is white, take a print screen and paste into paint to crop, then upload to photobucket), but I will be sure to change it when I do the spreadsheets for next week!

DivineFidelity
12-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Well I got a response to my PM to mya about her missed weigh ins. She said that she is withdrawing from the competition because her internet has been shut off and she's having to go without for a while...and cannot check the forum often. I just thought you guys might like to know where she went!

Other news...I'm doing okay today. It hasn't been a great day (a good friend got in a serious wreck and is in the hospital. don't have any updates yet....she's had to have surgery), but I didn't go get fast food! Well...I take that back, I had to stop and get breakfast because I was running late but I think I kept my calories low enough that I should be fine.

I'm definitely still feeling awful, but I'm not letting it get me down. I did get sent home early from work because my boss said I looked awful, but ehh. I went to the teacher supply store to go get some stuff for my classroom laminated, and the total was like $10....and she was like "don't worry about it...merry christmas!" and it definitely made my day. I really didn't have the $10 to spend in the first place, so that was super nice of her.

Tomorrow, my boyfriend is buying me a NOOK TABLET! I'm so excited. I've wanted an ereader for a long time (I absolutely LOVE to read and usually have a huge book crammed in my purse at all times, which is really heavy), and I'm finally going to be getting one. I got so excited about it that I decided to make a cover for it. I didn't want to spend money on one, and I wanted something a little bit cuter and more personalized then what I saw in the stores. I'll attach some pictures of the finished product. For my first try (and I am AWFUL at sewing) I think it turned out really well! It's black felt on the outside, and a blue tapestry fabric on the inside...and the pockets are light blue felt...and the flower and the name on the back are made with craft foam. I used a rubber band to loop around the flower to hold it closed, and it's got the front and back covers of an old book on the inside of it to make it stiff.

I'm GOING to make tomorrow a better day. I WILL NOT be sick anymore. I refuse. lol.

mhill0823
12-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Devine: - OMG! I'm going to need you to make me a cover for my kindle! That is SOO Cute!!!!
I hope everything is okay with your friend, I really hate to hear that! I dealt with the same thing early last year and I know it's rough, I'll pray that everything goes okay!:) Keep us updated! and feel better!:)

Riestrella - Happy Vacation! I'm jealous! I've got another week and then I'm on vacation from the 11th-17th! so I'm Almost there!! lol Enjoy your time off!

So I did it...
100 Crunches!

I'm excited, and my abs are killin me!! lol
I worked out super hard tonight, it's barely 9 o'clock and I'm ready to call it a night lol!

Hope everyone is having a good week!:)

Lambiechop
12-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Divine- It's too cute!!!

I did it!! 50 lbs gone at this morning's weigh in. Now on to Onederland. To celebrate I bought myself a pair of thigh high boots, three dresses, and a belt.

I'm sorry I'm not so good at personals. Everyone is doing great though!!!

mhill0823
12-02-2011, 01:26 AM
So proud of you!! 50 pounds is Amazing!!!!!!:)

DivineFidelity
12-02-2011, 02:31 AM
lambiechop- i'm on my phone so forgive any mistakes. It's okay that you don't do personals much...as long as if you see a team member who really needs support, you do your best to try and give it. From what i've seen, you do...so it's all good!

mhill- It's not that cute in person, but thank you. I had actually never used a sewing machine before so the stitches and pocket are all crooked. I was going to sew it all by hand with yarn to give it a more hand crafted look, but the felt was REALLY thick and even after just sewing on the flower on the front and the rubber band on the back, my fingers hurt....so I used my mom's machine. I just made it with stuff laying around the house, so it's not exactly what I wanted....and I plan on buying the exact fabrics I want and making a new one once I have the money. If you really are interested in a hand crafted case though, check on etsy.com because I saw tons there for $15 to $30 that were SUPER cute and way better made then mine. That's where I got my inspiration. =)

well. My friend is okay. She had a lot of internal bleeding which they fixed, and she had been stabbed in the spleen with a large shard of glass from the windshield, so her spleen was removed. ii don't even know what a spleen does. Lol. Anyways, she's still in bad shape, but she's awake and they say she'll recover. It's amazing to me what the human body can recover from. I mean, just think of what we have done to our bodies by being overweight...and how we CAN change it. We're not destined to live this way forever. If I got into a car accident today and passed away, I would not be happy....because I would have never known what it was to live a healthy lifestyle. Not truly. I think I am just beginning to realize how much I really am damaging myself with those things I eat. I don't want my life to end like this I need to do this for me, so that for once in my life I can be healthy AND happy, not one or the other. I think i'm just starting to realize it IS possible to have both.

anyways, i'm going to try and sleep more. I keep waking up coughing and I feel awful (i have slept about 10 hours in the past 4 nights so far, which doesn't help. I try and sleep...i just can't)....so yeah. Back to sleep.

DivineFidelity
12-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Well, another week is almost over! How do you ladies think you did? I'm hoping for a really good weigh in tomorrow morning! I just finished my 100 crunches and I'm REALLY feeling it in my abs. I think that my abs are the muscles I work out the least, so this was a really good challenge for me. I might try and keep doing 100 crunches a week just so that I can build up strength there. I've found that my favorite way to do them is on my stability ball. I feel like I get a fuller range of motion, and I have more support on my back.

I've noticed we've definitely become a little less chatty then we were when we started out. I get it, everyone is busy, but some team members I don't think we've heard from in a whole two weeks. I'm really hoping that everyone is still on track and that they've just been too busy to post. Just know that I'm thinking about each and every one of you and sending you all the support and best wishes that I can!

I had a good day today for food. I haven't eaten dinner yet, but I think maybe I'll just eat soup because I'm not very hungry. I had better be under 250 on the scale tomorrow. I was this morning....but I'm worried it was just a fluke. I'll change my ticker tomorrow to match whatever my WI says, and I'll call it official. lol. I really need to get back into smaller clothes. I have so many cute winter outfits laying around that are like one or two sizes too small. I think last winter I was about 200 pounds. I know I can't lose 50 pounds before winter is over, but I might be able to get back into SOME of the stuff. I hope...lol.

Well, it's time to go get ready and then pick up my boyfriend from work. Then we're going to barnes and noble to get my NOOK TABLET! Omg I'm so freaking excited. I've been thinking about it all day. It's silly to be this excited about it, but I am. Tomorrow I'm going out with some friends, but we're just going bowling. I've never enjoyed bowling alley food, so that shouldn't be a temptation, and we're going to bowl at least 3 games so it will be a good workout. It's sad that I think bowling is a workout....from the time I was 5 years old until I graduated high school I bowled in a league every saturday morning at 10am....we bowled 3 games a week. I bowled in tournaments and won over $30,000 in college scholarships (which is all used up by now...lol), and I wasn't too bad. My average was around 190 or 200 and my high game was 267. Now I go bowling and my legs and arms are sore for days. Its sad that it used to be so easy for me and now it actually does feel like a workout. I think bowling is the only reason I never got over 300 pounds. lol

Anyways, I have to go. Hope you all had a great Friday!

mhill0823
12-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Devine - I'm sure you will be under 250 in the morning!!! I'm excited for you!!!

Today was my towns Lighting of the Christmas tree, it was so fun! All the shops stayed open late, there was live music, dances by different childrens programs and finally Santa arrived and we lit the towns Huge Christmas Tree!!! The Christmas Parade is next weekend! I've only been living in this town for about 3 months now and I'm loving all the fun things going on!!
So anyways, here's how I spend the whole 2 hours of the show...
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n275/meh3w/MyKori.jpg
... I love it!!! This is my sweet little might as well be child! Lol
I have been around since this baby girl was conceived and she's a Huge part of my life, the best part about living in my new town, she now loves 4 miles up the road from me!!!

So I'm happy!
I didn't get into the gym today because I did this right after work and now I'm having movie night with my love... but toting her around all night like this was my exercise lol

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!
Happy almost weigh in day! I was down today, hope it stays off tommorrow!

Lambiechop
12-03-2011, 12:02 AM
Divine- That's cool you were a bowler. I enjoy it but I suck big time! Glad your friend seems to be recovering well. Who needs a spleen anyways, lol. (I'm pretty sure it's useful for something though unlike an appendix)

Mhill- you look so happy in the pic and the tree lighting sounds like a lot of fun.

I took my daughter for her first mani-pedi today and I got a full set done. They're polka dot acrylics and I LOVE them. My Christmas tree also arrived today and the kids and I decorated it. Cuddling on the couch with them now eating fresh baked cookies (them, not me) and watching Elf.

mhill0823
12-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Lambie - Elf is a Great movie!:) I Love going to get mani-pedi's done... I'm glad you had a good time, I haven't had mine done in forever because I'm trying to stick to my budget lol

Riestrella
12-03-2011, 05:26 AM
I still can't believe it's Christmas time. I suppose it's because my Mum hasn't decorated the house yet. She's Christmas mad, so every room there's a hint of Christmas! Maybe I'll use the spares and put something in my room hehe.

You look really cute in that pic mhill! You have an amazing smile =).

I had a moment of weakness last night. I was on my own and I really didn't feel like left over spaghetti from the other night...so I ordered a takeaway ;_;. I got Chinese, and it was gooood. BUT! I think karma was seriously trying to punish me for it, because I ordered it online because I had no cash on me and the website I used froze a couple of times and then it worked. When I checked my bank account my current balance was a bit low so out of curiosity I took off what I paid for the food 3 times and sure enough it matched up. So I got charged 3 times! Talk about karma. Gotta sort out a refund today!

DivineFidelity
12-03-2011, 08:27 AM
I am under 250!!! I am 249.2 to be exact. I kind of forgot to eat dinner last night (so busy playing with my new nook which i am posting from right now)....but ehh. I will definitely take it.

mhill that little girl is so cute. I bet you had a blast! I love little kids. The best part of my job is being around kids all day. Lol

lambiechop i have never had a mani pedi before...maybe that should be one of my rewards for reaching a minigoal. I have been thinking alot aboutbsetting some minigoals, it was actually Riestrella's suggestion, and i think that would be a good yet affordable reward.

Riestrella dont feel too bad about the chinese food. It may have a lot of sodium, but as long as you controlled your portion sizes its not THAT bad for you. Thats my problem with chinese food....portion sizes. Ibjust cant make myself stop i love it so much...and i eat like 6 or 7 portions without even blinking.

EVERYONE! DONT FORGET TO POST YOUR WEIGH INS TODAY!!! :)

Riestrella
12-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Divine - CONGRATS! Look at your ticker go! Thought more about any goals? See, the thing is I COULD have saved it for today but I didn't...so technically I ate 2 portions >_>. But in my defence I did leave a bit and threw it out (didn't want my Mum knowing I threw out her spaghetti! I feel like a naughty teen!). Going to work out twice as hard with Insanity today!

mhill0823
12-03-2011, 11:07 PM
So today was a pretty great success, went grocery shopping with the roommate when we both got off work, super healthy options for the most part with, admittedly, a few cheats in there...
Little brief on me, I've been with my company for a year and a half now, but I got a promotion about 3 months ago(tomorrow actually) and up until I started the new position I had lost 50 pounds total... now you see where I am thanks to the added hours and stress.... but Anyways... Today it all paid off in my mind... I worked with a customer for a little over an hour getting things set up and helping her out... when she got ready to leave she made it a point to tell me that she thinks I am really good at what I do and that she was thankful that I was who she got to work with. I seriously almost cried I was so happy to hear those words. She has no idea how much she just made my day!
Thankfully my boss was standing within earshot and ended up giving me another pat on the back after she left..
It's those moments that make the last 3 months of stress and overwhelming emotional days of learning new stuff so completely worth it..
Just had to share!!! :)

You look really cute in that pic mhill! You have an amazing smile =).

I had a moment of weakness last night. I was on my own and I really didn't feel like left over spaghetti from the other night...so I ordered a takeaway ;_;. I got Chinese, and it was gooood. BUT! I think karma was seriously trying to punish me for it, because I ordered it online because I had no cash on me and the website I used froze a couple of times and then it worked. When I checked my bank account my current balance was a bit low so out of curiosity I took off what I paid for the food 3 times and sure enough it matched up. So I got charged 3 times! Talk about karma. Gotta sort out a refund today!

Thank you! You're so sweet!:)
Chinese food is one of my biggest weaknesses and I have decided if I tell myself no that I will just binge and make it worse, so when I go I try so hard to use portion control and eat REALLLLLY slow lol... and as far as being charged 3 times, I'm seeing some more chinese in your future!!! lol I hate when I have card problems at some places, it can get stresseful!

I am under 250!!! I am 249.2 to be exact. I kind of forgot to eat dinner last night (so busy playing with my new nook which i am posting from right now)....but ehh. I will definitely take it.

mhill that little girl is so cute. I bet you had a blast! I love little kids. The best part of my job is being around kids all day. Lol

Congrats on being under 250!!! That is sooo exciting! You're just movin' right along!!:carrot: I hope you're loving your nook, ereaders are the greatest thing!!
I envy your job, I love kids so much!! If I spent all done with a bunch of her running around I would have a blast lol... that little girl is my little princess, not sure what I would do without her and her mom(my best friend)...

DivineFidelity
12-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Well I think I found an inspirational picture that will help me to lose weight. In this picture I was about 60 pounds lighter then I am now....so I wasn't at my goal weight, but I was a lot closer. I also absolutely loved my haircut. I've been trying to grow my hair out and it's at that in between stage where it's driving me crazy and looking really funny....and so I've been looking through old pictures of it longer to convince myself not to give in and cut it.

Anyways. I found this picture, and I think I looked GORGEOUS. I wish I had realized back then how pretty I really was. I don't think I would have gained the weight back or cut my hair off if I had known. I cut my hair off because I needed a change...and I don't regret it, but I am missing the more feminine long hair especially now that I'm bigger again because without my feminine figure, I feel very boyish...

I figure it will take me about 6 to 8 months to grow my hair out this long, and about 6 to 8 months to lose 60 pounds....so it's a perfect goal picture right? I don't care about how long it takes really....but in 8 months I'll be moving back up to school and starting fresh and I think it would be good for me to feel more feminine and stuff.

I'll post the pictures as attachments so I don't have to shrink them. The first one is a picture of me that is more recent, the second one is the goal picture.

DivineFidelity
12-04-2011, 06:34 PM
I have also been thinking about mini goals, and this is what I came up with!

Mini Goals
245 First 10 pounds gone!
230 Weight that I was December 2010
210 Almost to Onederland!
195 Safely into Onederland!!
180 Weight where I gave up last time and started gaining again
175 Lowest adult weight ever
165 Almost healthy!
155 Healthy weight, 5 pounds from goal!
150 Final Goal!

My hope is that thinking about this in terms of mini goals will help break it down into something small and more attainable...and give me something to focus on and work towards each week. I really hope it helps!

mhill0823
12-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Devine you look great in those pictures!! I need to do some digging and find a picture, it's been so long since I was any smaller lol and even then I was still big!
I think your goals sound awesome! I love working towards small goals at a time, makes you feel like you're getting things done super fast!!

So there is a guy at my apartment complex at the gym just about every night when I go around the same time...
He's my motivation, whew~! lol
:)

Hope everyone is having a great day!

mhill0823
12-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Not a lot of talk lately ladies!
Hope everyone is having a great week!
I work up lacking motivation so I did some searching and made this (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/248298-motivation.html#post4130613) thread!!:)

Riestrella
12-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Hey everyone! Here's a pic of the new addition to our family
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/385400_10150427412673503_501033502_8295112_1091193 119_n.jpg

She's such a little cutie. Today she hasn't done anything inside! She's been going outside (mainly because I let her out every 3 hours!) so I'm impressed. The only downside is that I feel like she's taking over my life a little bit! I get a bit nervous about her not being let out that I tend to just watch TV inbetween play time and pee time! But I'm going to try my best to do something productive while I'm watching her - read, write, draw, anything!

I had a terrible eating day yesterday, my friend and I had a bit of a pig out. BUT! No damage done and I've been consistent with Insanity! I really push myself which is great, I found when I first started I was a bit slack.

Divine - You're already a beautiful girl, but I know that the healthier you get the better you look! It's great to have inspiration, you got there before you can do it again! Glad you've got some goals listed out, those are great! You can do it =)

mhill - I tried to make a motivation thread once, it didn't really take off! But mainly it was because I was posting pics of hot women, yours are much more inspirational ;p

mhill0823
12-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Lol all the pics of the hot women just hurt my feelings...
The puppy is absolutely precious!! I love dogs, I treat mine like my child lol!!!

Riestrella
12-06-2011, 07:07 PM
With the way I'm spending time with her - I feel like she's my child! I literally feel like she's a ticking bomb ready to pee and poo anywhere at any time... it's intense! But the rewards are amazing, she just loves snuggling up to me and she's just so adorable. I think I was too young/moody to appreciate my other dog, Murphy, when he was a puppy. But now that I'm much older I really do appreciate having her around, I know she won't be this small and precious for long!

mhill0823
12-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Awh I know the feeling!!!
I have 2, one grew super fast and is Huge now.. then my little baby is a year and a half old and still 8 pounds!! I Love it!!

DivineFidelity
12-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Okay I just realized that the two long posts that I made from my nook didn't go through. I'm on my laptop now. I guess my internet got cut off at work or something (it goes in and out) and so it didn't actually post anything I said. I'm not dead, i've just been studying for finals and really busy. I'll try and do personals and last week's stats tonight, but I have 3 papers and a quiz to take tonight...so if I don't get it posted tonight I'll post it tomorrow. Sorry I've been so distracted guys! I hope everyone else is still on track. =D

mhill0823
12-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Good luck with all your school work! I have one final on Tuesday night and I'm finished for the semester! I'm so ready for a few weeks off!!!!

So I hit my 30 lbs lost today!!!!!!(Well, a little over)
and I work 10.5 hours tomorrow and then I'm off for 9 days!!
The downside, I'm feeling not too well!:( and afraid it's getting worse!

Lambiechop
12-09-2011, 12:02 AM
So I'm trying to attach a picture of myself so you guys can put a face to my name. Hope it works. This is me about 3 weeks ago. :)

mhill0823
12-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Lambie - it worked! Great picture!!!

DivineFidelity
12-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Team Arctic Fox Week 3 Stats

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/MysticismMode/ArcticFoxWeeklyStatsWeekThree.jpg

Sorry for the delay ladies. It was a super busy week. I'll come back and post personals after I finish the overall individual stats and go update that.

DivineFidelity
12-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Alright. I have had a crazy crazy week. First one thing, then another, then another. My friend that had the accident is doing okay now. My cat got really sick and I had to take him to the vet and spend tons of money I don't have, but he's feeling better now. I have been sick, but I'm feeling better now. It LOOKS like I'm going to get As in all my classes from this semester, but I'm not sure. Hopefully I will. If I do, then I will graduate with the highest honors available at the community college, and then move on to a university to finish my bachelors degree. I've been staying up late every night studying, and then going to work exhausted every morning. I've been working extra hours, slacking with my food, and not working out much at all. It's definitely a stressful time of year for me. I think if it wasn't for this challenge, I wouldn't even care about what I was eating or doing at all...so it's definitely a good thing that you guys are here to keep me on track. I am just so so tired. I wish I could sleep for a month.

Riestrella - That puppy is absolutely adorable. I remember when my cats were just kittens how much attention and love they needed. They always wanted to play (one of them even played fetch with me), and I felt a great sense of companionship from them. Now it's like they just coexist with me. They are 2 years old now and they don't play much anymore and they will come lay down next to me on the bed but they don't seem to care if I even pet them or not. I say you should enjoy those puppy years while you can because once they are gone you'll never get them back. I still love my cats to death. They know when I'm upset or not feeling well because they won't leave me alone when I am...but other then that they're very much grown up and don't seem to care much if I'm around. I miss having kittens =/

mhill - CONGRATS on the 30 pounds lost! I hope you're feeling better though. Make sure that you're drinking tons of fluids! =D

Lambie - You are gorgeous girl! It definitely is nice to put a face with the name. I always wonder what people on this forum look like. I feel close to a lot of people on here...and some of them I have absolutely no clue how they look, which is kind of strange when you think about it. We share our secrets and insecurities with these people and really don't know much about them at all. It's just....interesting. It's not something you would expect, to get so much support from women you barely know, but it's definitely wonderful and super helpful.

I'll stop rambling now. I am also a little disappointed with the chat this week (or lack thereof). I was busy yes, but it seems like Riestrella, Mhill, Lambie and I are the only people who have really posted for a while. Anyone else on the team who is reading this, we don't just want to see you weigh in numbers, we want to know how you are doing and what's going on in your life! Feel free to jump in and speak up =D

Also, we're down to 13 team members now. I know chubbyhipster and cheerios had too many misses, I'm not sure if there was anyone else or just them. I hope everyone weighs in this week because we cannot really afford to lose more team members!

DivineFidelity
12-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Today is Weigh-In Day!
Don't forget! =D

nest
12-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Hey everyone! Sorry about being m.i.a. all week. I start a new job tomorrow and I am super excited! But, last week was my last at my job and I had to work a lot of extra because I am the only person in the office credentialed to do these certain assessments so they scheduled a million for me to do before I left and they haven't hired anyone to replace me yet so it was a mess! Also, (probably due to the added stress) my stomach symptoms have flared like crazy so I've not really worked out or been super focused in my food. Luckily that didn't really impact my weight negatively...didn't help either but I can refocus. Anyway, my new job is at a hospital and they have an on-site gym, healthy food choices and lots of incentives to be healthier. Also I will have a stable schedule so I can plan meals and exercise better. Plans get messed up easily when you have to respond to crises after hours all the time. Anyways, now I can be more involved on here. My tummy is still acting up but I will do my best and I am still feeling very committed...now just gotta get my body to agree!

Riestrella
12-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Hey everyone! Well I've had a major stall recently, I've been at 163 lbs now since the 20th November, which is 3 weeks! I know that a big part of it has been lack of exercise, but it's slightly disheartening that after this week having kicked Insanity in the a$$ and done it every day that I haven't budged. But I have been on my period...so I'm reaaaallly hoping that after drinking loads of water and trying to sort my eating out I can drop to 159 lbs and achieve my mini goal!

My eating has been terrible recently, I had a massive pig out Monday with crisps, coke, chocolates and sweets and a foot long subway with my friend, Wednesday was my Mum's birthday so we had a massive curry, Friday I had chocolate, chocolate cake and crisps in the evening, yesterday I had toast in the evening...I swear my period makes me an eating MACHINE.

So I might plan to have a bit of a detox next week, just eat healthier foods and cut out some of the processed foods from my diet. Usually I'm fine, but I think with this stall I really need to take some serious measures to get my weight budged. I think once I hit 162 lbs I'm going to scream in joy! The funny thing is is that I've had this stall before!! I hate stalls, they're the worse!!

Divine - Have you ever had a dog? Because they never grow out of puppy stage! They're crazy and love playing for life. That's why I don't really like cats, no offence, they're not very sociable like dogs are. I <3 my doggies and they always give me love and attention even when they grow up! If you ever want that attention you should get a dog someday! Try your best to stay healthy (not just weight - but sleep too!) and make sure you drink plenty of water to stay hydrated through this time. Stress is awful, it can affect everything in your life so try and keep a cool head.

nest - Good luck at your new job! It's great they have a gym and healthier food, will just have to stay focused. Get better soon!

Lambiechop
12-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Glad I weighed in yesterday morning because after a massive binge last night I was up 2 lbs this morning :(. I've been pretty ****e about my eating lately and it's pretty disheartening because I have 3 weeks until my husband gets home and I don't want to undo all of my hard work.

Today I'm attempting to clean and organize my room so I'll do personals later on. I need to go buy some storage bins to put away all of the clothes that are too big for my husband and I now.

mhill0823
12-11-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm feeling a little better today, still a little congested but nothing too terrible. I do have this awful fever blister that has developed from all this sickness:( Good thing I'm on vacation this week and don't have to be embarrassed by it at work. I rarely ever get those when I get sick, so I am bummed.
I'm also sad because yesterday my laptop started acting crazy then stopped responding... I took it to have it looked at and it had to be completely wiped off and the hard drive had to be repaired.. so I lost EVERYTHING!:( All my picture, school work, progress pics(most important), and all my working docs(like resume, etc)... so that's stressful!

nest - Congrats on the new job!!!! I hope you get to feeling better before your first day!! I wish my job had an on site gym lol

riestrella - I'm sure that after your period you will see your results!! You have been doing Awesome!!

Riestrella
12-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Hi ladies!

Finally some good news! Yesterday morning I weighed in at 163 lbs, no surprise there that's what I always weigh these days. But later in the evening, having eaten mind you, I was getting ready for my work Christmas party and I was waiting for my straighteners to heat up so I thought I'd step on the scale. 162 lbs!!! Holy moly! I was amazed, simply because I usually weigh like 5 lbs more once I've eaten but huzzah! I got super excited and changed all my tickers haha.

My work do went really well, everyone loved my new dress. I managed to get a picture of me before I went outside and got windswept!
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/IMG_2672.jpg
I won 2 awards at work, best newcomer and favourite person to work with. So amazed! I also came 2nd in hottest female, I was shocked! People actually voted for me!!

I put this in my progress pic thread in the main forum, but I figured I'd put it here too. Can't believe how different I look now! I think I look a lot more 'alive' if that makes sense!
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/progress163lbst-shirtinternet.jpg

Today I'm going to make sure I do Insanity even though I'm super tired from last night! MUST STAY CONSISTENT!

Lambiechop
12-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Riestrella, you look so pretty!!

Mhill, hope you're feeling better!

Nest, congrats on the new job. It sounds like an awesome place!

My son is getting an award at school today and I'm very excited for him. He's such a good kid. After a horribly, awfully off plan weekend I've been back on track for the past two days. I need to get it into my thick head that when I eat like crap, I feel like crap. Less than three weeks and my husband will be home!! I want so badly to hit Onederland by then.

Riestrella
12-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Lambie - You can do it! Just remember that everything you do affects your body in some way or another. Whether it be loads of exercise or loads of eating, it all counts towards something. So yeah, it's tough to go out and exercise and easy to cram your face full of delicious food, but you've got to decide which result you want more - do you want to get thinner or fatter? It's hard when there's so much temptation, but you have a great motivation so focus on the look on his face when he sees you!
I'm aiming to reach 150 lbs by February 11th which is when I'll see my boyfriend again. I haven't seen him since July when I was 181 lbs, and a huge motivating factor has been him! Whether it's making me not pork out or making me exercise, I think of that moment when we'll see each other. Just keep going, don't let one trip ruin your progress, you're doing amazing so far! You're almost halfway!!

mhill0823
12-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Riestrella - You look Great!!! Love te dress!:) and congrats on the weight change, I knew you could do it!!

Lambie - You can do it! Using your husband as motivation will make that goal even more achievable and so worth it once you get there!!

Hope everyone is having a great week! I've been completely useless this week! I've been exercising and eating well, but I'm on vacation so I have pretty much been sleeping in and watching tv most of my days!
Tonight is my final for my class at school, then I'm done until Jan 12!! :)

mhill0823
12-13-2011, 08:33 PM
The semester is over! I just took my final!! I finished with a B in the class, I'm happy!
Hope everyone is having a great week!:)

DivineFidelity
12-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Well....I haven't been having a good week at all. I have been struggling. I just weighed myself for the first time since our weigh in last week, and I'm up 2.4 pounds. I had been weighing in every day, but then I started to make not so good choices, started avoiding the scale, and stopped posting on here so much. Part of my lack of posting is that I have been busy....but I know that cant account for all of it. It's going to be even more complicated tomorrow because I'm going out with my boyfriend's family for his birthday and we're going to some place that doesn't have nutritional info online and I have NO IDEA what they have there, so there isn't really a good way for me to prepare. I'm nervous about it. I don't want to make it all the way back up to 255....it's bad enough that I'm back in the 250s. I think it has partially been stress (I just finished my finals yesterday, I got As in all my classes which means I'm going to graduate with the highest honors with my associate's degree, and hopefully I'll get some scholarships to help pay for my bachelors!!!), but I can't blame it all on that. My eating has been TERRIBLE. More fast food. I'm having such a hard time staying away from the fast food...It's just so addictive.

Riestrella - you look absolutely gorgeous! I love the dress. I don't usually wear dresses with the scoop neck like that because of my big boobs, but if you could pull it off so could I and it really looks good on you....so maybe I should try it sometime. lol.

Lambiechop - I have a problem also with remembering that junk food makes me feel awful. I eat tons of it, and I feel sick...and then I go eat tons of it the next day. It's awful. We just need to try and remember....and we need to come here to 3FC and reach out for help whenever our cravings are about to get the best of us.

Mhill - Just relax on vacation. Vacations are good for lowering stress, and stress is bad for weight loss. lol. Also, congrats on the finals being done! I know how great that feels. lol

mhill0823
12-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Devine - Congrats on all A's! That is so awesome! I wish I could be that amazing lol. Don't worry so much about the gain, everyone has those weeks, especially with finals. I guess having been through finals week too I'm all about going easy on yourself because my weight has been Crazy fluctuating all week! Don't get discouraged just take it as a lesson learned, get back in here and let's Do this!!!:)

Riestrella
12-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Hey everyone!

Well, after such an exciting Monday afternoon of reaching 162 lbs I'm back up to 163 lbs. It's my own fault though, not drinking water, skipping Insanity workouts...bleeehhh! I'm so lazy sometimes. But today I've been drinking water and I did my workout so I'm hoping to see some results tomorrow. I've not been peeing every 2 minutes so I'm hoping that the water is hydrating my body.

I've been bad with eating Chocolate, my Mum bought me a MASSIVE bar of Galaxy chocolate (my absolute fav) and I've been nibbling at it ;_;. Thankfully chocolate is quite sickly to me, but when I spread it out it's baaad. So trying to monitor that too. I might start calorie counting again to keep myself accountable.

mhill - Woohoo, congrats on your grade! Well done!

Divine - Thanks that's really sweet of you to say! Honey, my boobs are MASSIVE. I'm a 32 HH, so there's just no hiding them! There's no point trying to any more, it's just a fact - they are big. The sooner you accept that fact the sooner you just go with the flow!
Just pick the healthiest option on the menu if you're nervous - steamed meat, salads, dressing on the side...it'll be much better for you. And just drink water. Fast food seems to be you're ultimate weakness, don't you waste loads of money on it? I think if you go out and buy loads of fresh groceries then it might help because if you don't use it they'll go off and it'll be a waste of money. More of an incentive perhaps? But yeah, I can't really say anything other than stop getting junk food! It's terrible for you, and you don't need it if you're stressed!

DivineFidelity
12-14-2011, 07:16 PM
mhill thanks! I work my butt off for my As. I will be graduating with a 3.92 gpa. Its one of the few things in life i have control over, so i do my best to excel at it.

Riestrella yeah i'm wearing a 36G but should really be in a 36H. My boobs got bigger after i lost 70 pounds and gained it back...so my bras from last time around dont fit quite right. Its so much harder and more expensive to get larger bra sizes here then it is in europe though. I generally end up ordering from bravissimo, but the shipping from europe is so expensive. There are only a few boutiques around here that cary sizes that large with smaller band sizes, and if i went to one i would be paying $120 or so for a bra. Its just dumb. About buying healthy food....i DO and then i sit there watching it go bad while i go get fast food. Its awful i know, but i come home from work and then have school work to do and find myself too exhausted to cook. No one tells you how crazy working full time while you are a full time student is until you are stuck doing it. I am just so so tired and fas tfood is so convenient and easy. Days when i dont have money for fast food half the time i dont eat cause i am so tired i just pass out. I got home yesterday evening, took my finals, and passed out....forgot to do laundry and wpre semi-dirty clothes to work today because of it. I am just so tired all the time. I am up from around 5 am until 11 or 12 every night....and i STILL dont have time to get everything done.

Speaking of which, i was going to do the stats right now but my boyfriend is on my laptop takimg a final so it will have to wait. I am on my nook.

So far i have had a better day today....but i am still worried about tomorrow. I kmow this week i will have a gain, i am just hoping i can get it below 2 pounds.

DivineFidelity
12-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Well i wasnt going to eat dinner...but my boyfriend offered mcdonalds. I almost resisted, but then he offered to get me a happy meal with the apples, so i said okay. I was really hungry and had no groceries or money and dont get paid till tomorrow. At least i didnt pig out....right? 4 Chicken nuggets and some apples cant be THAT bad right? :(

Riestrella
12-15-2011, 05:07 AM
Divine - Yes, anything from McDonalds is bad. Chicken nuggets are fried in fat, the apples are soaked in sugar. Even some of the salads are high in salt content because of the dressing. Fast food is so dangerous because of how convenient it is, but the way it is made makes it highly damaging to your health and if you're trying to lose weight it's even worse.
There are so many quick and easy recipes you can do. Like Cajun chicken...get a bowl and put 1 tbsp of flour and 2 tsp of cajun seasoning and 1/4 tsp of salt. Mix it up, then put olive oil on a chicken breast then dunk it in the mixture until it's nice and covered. Fry it for 6 minutes per side - make sure it's cooked all the way through and voila. You have yourself a tasty bit of chicken. Rip up some lettuce, throw in some cherry tomatoes, cut a few bits of cucumber, onion, whatever, and you have yourself a salad to go with it.

Cooking doesn't have to be this long process, I make cajun chicken all the time and it takes me 20 minutes. It's not dunked in grease and fried in fat like a McDonalds chicken nugget. Your boyfriend should be more supportive of you and never offer you fast food. You should communicate that with him.
You should watch an amazing documentary called Food, Inc if you haven't already seen it. It will put you off fast food guaranteed. It's just...disgusting what they do to the animals that go in those foods. If you're addicted then maybe you need to educate yourself on where that food comes from, and it will be a negative association and make you crave it less.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eKYyD14d_0 - That's the trailer, I recommend anyone watch this film - it changed the way I saw food forever.

So my advice would be just look up some quick easy recipes, there are cooking websites that have options that say "quick cook time" and you can find things that take you 15 minutes. H3ll, even making baked beans on toast would be way better than fast food!!

DivineFidelity
12-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Riestrella - I've seen it. It didn't work....and I wish it had.

Honestly though, the whole meal wasn't even 500 calories. and it had less then 20 grams of fat....and I had eaten very low fat and high fiber all day. I'm going to stay positive about my choice, I think it was the right thing to do. I literally didn't have groceries, my fridge freezer and cabinets were all empty, and I hadn't been paid yet. It seems to me that eating a little bit of stuff that isn't really healthy is better then not eating at all (this was at like 8:00pm....the last time I ate was lunch at work at 11:30am). I made a GOOD choice asking for a happy meal instead of what I usually get (which would be over 1000 calories)....and even though it wasn't the BEST choice, it's better then I usually do so I'm proud of it.

I was under 250 again this morning. 249.8....so I'm still dangerously close....and I know I'll be back above it because we're going out tonight with my boyfriend's family...but I am hoping that if I eat REALLY well on friday and drink tons of water to flush any sodium out of my system that I will be back below 250 by Saturday morning. Help would actually be appreciated. I have no idea what ANY of the stuff on the menu is...so if you recognize any of it and know what would be better for me to choose, I would appreciate any advice you can give.

http://angusgrillbraziliansteakhouse.com/brazilian_steakhouse_menu.html

Apparently they come around with chunks of the meats and stuff and they cut you a slice of whatever you want and it's an all you can eat kind of thing and they keep coming around with different food. Talk about temptation. I was hoping it was some place where you just order what you want.

Anyways, I have to finish getting ready for work...I've got a busy day ahead of me. Have a great day everyone!

Lambiechop
12-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Divine- ooooo, a Brazilian Steakhouse! I'm jealous. If I was eating there this is how I'd attack it. Avoid the cheese bread, say no to the sides, hit that salad bar hard, let yourself have a few chunks of meat, and skip the desserts but go for the grilled pineapple. And don't be too hard on yourself about the McNuggets. Of everything at McDonald's your choice wasn't bad.

After a week I'm finally below 205.5. I'm vowing to myself that I will not binge this weekend. It's gotten to be a weekly thing and it's really hindering my losses. Going to try and concentrate on cleaning my house for my husband's homecoming and trying to finish organizing my room.

Riestrella
12-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Divine - You made a good choice at an extremely unhealthy fast food place, and if your boyfriend was offering to get you food why didn't you just go get something from the supermarket? Or heck, even a healthy 6" Subway? I'm not going to pat you on the head and say "well done" because the fact is you could have avoided the McDonald's. I may sound harsh but you're on a weight loss forum talking about being addicted to fast food and it sounds like you're trying to justify something that you really shouldn't be.
As for the restaurant you're going to, sounds like you have a choice of beef, beef and beef in bacon. Just avoid anything wrapped in bacon, fries, cheese...maybe the pineapple would be better. Portion size is going to be key here, I heard that you should eat a portion of meat that's the size of your fist - any larger and you're overindulging. But that's loose. Snack on fruit before you go, make sure you've eaten healthy leading up to the meal - basically spoil your appetite so you're not tempted to gorge.

Lambie - Definitely distract yourself away from food - remember, think about your goals when you're about to eat something bad.

DivineFidelity
12-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Riestrella - my boyfriend was walking home from work and syopped to ge food. Mcdonalds is the only thing between my house and his work...so thats what he got. You can call it excuses all you want, but you arent here and you dont know my situation. The fast food i am addicted to isnt mcdonalds, its whataburger. Mcdonalds isnt even that good. Mcdonalds mostly tastes just like chemicals to me.

For tonight, i dont like bacon anyways...and i am not a huge fan of red meat...so i should be okay. And i LOVE pineapple, so thats good. I have already had 64oz of water today...and i am trying to get to 120oz before i go tonight. I figure that would help me eat less. Ihaventgone to the grocery store yet though, so i dont have much to snack on, and i amgoingstraight to the resturaunt from work. I can probably spare a grahm cracker ortwo from my stash for grahm cracker houses we are making next week.

Edit: i wanted to add that out of all the fast food places excluding subway, mcdonalds is actually the best, not the worst. The only subway around here is cash only, so i dont go there ever anyways...although i dont mind it. I just never have cash. The only other things around are whataburger, mcdonalds, sonic, and jack in the box. Out of those mcdonalds is by far the best...their fruit and yogurt parfaits arw good if you are on a road trip and need to stop for breakfast, and a 6 piece chicken muggets isnt even 300 calories. They also offer more non carbonated low calorie drink options then most other places. I guess i am just trying to explain why i dint feel i made a bad choice. I am one of those people who doesnt need to cut things out 100% to stick tothe plan. Yes i am addicted to fastfood. I ate fast food once a week and still lost 70 pounds in about 9 months. Its not the healthiest thing, and i get that, but i could do a lot worse. I could be sitting on the couch eating a 10 piece nuggets, two large fries, a large soda, and a double cheeseburger. Thats how i used to be. Compared to that, a kids meal is nothing, and in the end it wont kill me. For an obese person, you would beamazed how normal my bloodwork is. My cholestwrol is normal, my blood pressure is normal....a few chicken nuggets every once in a while wont kill me.

Riestrella
12-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Divine - I sense I hit a nerve, and for that I apologise. You've been talking recently like you've been having trouble with eating, that you've been going to a lot of fast food places - I wanted you to realise that you don't need to eat at ANY of those places. If you had been consistent and losing loads of weight and then slipped up once - then I would absolutely say "oh don't worry." But the truth is, you haven't been on plan and you've admitted that, so I'm not going to beat around the bush and say things I don't mean. You should get in the habit of cooking quick meals if time is an issue, not think "oh well, I'll just go to ___ because of this this and this."

I'm not saying that you should be depressed at your choice of meal from McD's, because you're right you could have done a lot worse, I'm saying you should avoid fast food altogether. Because once you're in there, what's stopping you from buying more and more? I think everyone should reflect on their weight gain once in a while and think about why they're not losing weight now if that's the case - and the impression you've given is that you've been eating at fast food places. I was merely trying to persuade you to be anti-fast food, because if you have any sort of connection to these places then you're going to keep walking through those doors.

Instead of defending McDonald's start hating the place and all the other burger places and choose healthy food!

DivineFidelity
12-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Riestrella i'm not upset or anything, you didnt really hit a nerve, i am just trying to explain my point of view. It isnt fast food that made me fat...it is a lack of control. By completely cutting out fast food, i would never have to learn that self control. By allowing myself to have it occasionally but making the best choices i can, i can learn self control. Its unrealistic to believe i will never eat it again, and i would rather prepare myself by learning to control that consumption then be put in a situayion where i have no other choice and go crazy because i havent had it and dont know how to handle it.

Yes i have been having trouble with food....but i attributemost of that problem to the fact that i am having trouble caring about my weight, so i dont really care what i eat. The doctor tells me ,y bloodwork comes back normal and i ak healthy. I can still run up stairs and not get winded. I feel beautiful and i feel happy. I just have trouble caring when it seems like my weight is not really negatively affecting me. Yes i feel guilty after i eat the fast food...but that is just becausei know i SHOULD care. My boyfriend just got his first job (he has been looking for years) and so he has money now and is spending it a little bit more freely then he should on junk...but that wont last forever. I am alot less worried about cutting fast food out of my life then i am about finding my motivation again. My ,otivation was getting healthy, but the doctor said i AM healthy....so i am just confused right now. I will figure it out though.

Lambiechop
12-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Divine- I understand what you're saying. Even when I was at my high weight of 320 lbs my bloodwork, blood pressure, everything was fine. It was the thought that it wouldn't always be okay that finally got me motivated. I don't know about you but my family has a history of high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes, etc. I knew that even though I was technically "okay" I wasn't going to be that way forever unless things changed.

I also understand about not depriving yourself. As you can see from some of my previous posts it's not what I eat that's the problem. It's my lack of self control and tendency to binge. I count calories and if I want to eat something (whatever it is) I just adjust my calories to allow for it. If I really want a double cheeseburger for dinner I might need to have a super tiny lunch if that means I'm going to be within my calories for the day. I let myself have a piece of good quality chocolate once a day. It's all about making compromises.

Lately I think I look fabulous and since I've been feeling that way I've gone off the wagon more than I care to admit. But it's the realization that if I look this good NOW, I'm gonna be a smoking hot MILF at or around my goal weight. :)

Riestrella
12-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Divine - You're currently still quite young, so while it's great that your blood work is good now it's the future you have to worry about. If you feel fine the way you are, then why are you trying to lose weight?

DivineFidelity
12-15-2011, 06:52 PM
lambiechop - I guess you're right. Maybe thinking more about the future will help me now. First I was losing weight because I wasn't happy. Then I was losing weight to get healthy. Now I need to lose weight to STAY healthy.

Riestrella - I am trying to lose weight because I know that I can be better then I am. I feel that I could be a better girlfriend and a better teacher and because i like living a healthy lifestyle. The only reason I've gained all the weight back that I lost before is because I stopped finding the time to cook and the time to exercise and stuff. I switched to working full time instead of part time and school full time instead of part time and life just got crazy. I was happy because I love my job and school and my boyfriend, so I let myself go. What I forgot is how much I loved living a healthy life as well. I just need to try and get that feeling back again. I'm not doing this for me...not really....I'm doing it so that my future children will have a good example to follow because that is something that I never had. Also, right now I need to lose weight because I don't have many clothes that fit at all. I've got dressers full of pants size 12 to 20...and right now the 20s are tight and i don't have the money for new pants. It sounds bad, but it's true. Most of my cute clothes are size 12 or 14....and i want to fit back into them instead of buying new ones.

Lambiechop
12-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Oh and speaking of children it was soooo much easier being pregnant at 200 lbs with my second than it was being pregnant at 270 with my first. I can't imagine the piece of cake it may have been if I'd have been a "normal" weight. Not to mention the fact that it was much easier to actually get pregnant. Tried for 8 months with my first, got it on the first attempt with my second.

mhill0823
12-15-2011, 11:33 PM
Well ladies... I got paid today so I spent the whole day out paying bills, visiting back home(about an hour away) with my mom and sister, had lunch with my best friend and finally completely finished my Christmas shopping!! Also went and visited with my old coworkers while I was down there, Really miss those girls!:(
After all of today, my check is gone but I'm happy with everything being paid and accounted for! It's a good feeling! This Saturday I'll be making that hour drive again to go to my grandmothers, we always do our Christmas there the weekend before, so I'm pretty excited! The weather has been weird here this week, like up in the 70s so I am finding it so hard to believe that Christmas is a little over a week away!! Crazy! Usually around this time it's snowing or at least icy and COLD!
I hope everyone is having a good week, I have nothing good to brag for my eating today but no excuses, just know I could have done better at lunch.

DivineFidelity
12-16-2011, 08:22 AM
mhill - Yeah, it was 77 degrees here yesterday, and it's supposed to be hotter today. Oh, and Monday it was 45. I absolutely hate living in the south. The weather is way too bipolar for me. It definitely doesn't feel like Christmas....especially because I spent last Christmas in Massachusetts with my grandparents and it was like 20 degrees most of the time, sometimes in the teens. It's hard to call this Christmas after experiencing one like that.

Lambiechop - I hadn't even thought about it like that. You're definitely right. Now I've got some good reasons to get back on track....and that should make it a lot easier.

Well, this morning I was 253. I was hoping it wouldn't be that bad. I felt like everything that I ate at the brazilian steakhouse had a lot of salt though, and I also didn't think I ate that much...I felt like I did really well....so maybe it's just water weight and if I drink a ton of water today it will come off by tomorrow. That is my hope.

Lambiechop
12-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Not a great week but at least I had a loss. I'll take it since last Sunday I was up 2 lbs from last Saturday's weigh in.

My son is officially on his Xmas break now. Hopefully it'll make the time go by quickly. We're not celebrating Xmas until my husband gets home so the next couple of weeks should be pretty low key.

mhill0823
12-17-2011, 01:54 PM
I've been slacking off seriously the last 3 days on exercise... I think I'm getting sad about having to go back to work on Monday so I've been completely lazy the last couple days soaking it all up!!
I'm about to go weigh in and I'm nervous:(
Tonight I'm driving back home to do my family Christmas at my grandmothers.. lots of presents, tons of people in the house and looooots of food!
I'm going to still continue to eat well the best I can! I made it through Thanksgiving, I can do this:)
Then next weekend I do even more with my family! I'm so excited! I can't believe how fast Christmas crept up on us!
Hope everyone has a great weigh in!

mhill0823
12-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Ladies... You should all check out www.sarahfit.com and her youtube station (http://www.youtube.com/user/SarahsFabChannel?feature=watch) ... she's got some awesome techniques and is amazing!!
Just my little tidbit for today!!
Hope you have all had a great weekend!

Riestrella
12-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Hey everyone! Back at work, so life has picked up the pace once again! I also had a Christmas do with my girls in another city and we spent the whole day together. Ate delicious food all day but I think walking around the city for hours on end helped burn it off a little!

Official weigh in this week was 162 lbs - hallelujah! Finally get to mark on my chart a decrease in weight!

I haven't had time to work out the last 3 days, but tomorrow I'm hoping to sneak in an Insanity workout before work. Hope you're all doing well, can't believe it's a week until Christmas! Better start wrapping presents!

Riestrella
12-20-2011, 05:25 AM
Is this challenge still happening?! o_O Is any one out there?!

DivineFidelity
12-20-2011, 07:39 AM
I am still here, and I was planning on doing the stats this evening. It's just been a hectic few weeks. Finals finished and I got As in all my classes, but now I'm taking a 3 week long government course. Imagine trying to fit an entire semester of coursework into three weeks. It's freaking rediculous. I've been coming home from work and just working on that. I'm planning on getting it all done the monday after christmas though, since you can work ahead and I don't have to go to work that day....and then I will just be done with it.

I will try and fit in some personals and stuff later. Riestrella is right, the chat thread seems kind of dead though. I hope all you guys are still out there!

Lambiechop
12-20-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm here. Been kind of busy with both kids at home. I can't believe my husband will be back soon! Deployments suck but this time I actually did what I've always said I'd do and lost a significant amount of weight. I'm so happy to reveal his new wife to him. This morning I hit 203! Hoping that I'm going to make my 199 by January 1 goal.

mhill0823
12-20-2011, 11:07 PM
I've got a lot going on this week and just trying to find my motivation these last few days for some reason!
I'm working at it though!:)
This is our last week ladies!

mhill0823
12-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Just an FYI also... When I renew my subscription to Fitness Magazine at the beginning of the year I can get a subscription for two friends for free..
I have no friends that are into fitness and don't already have a subscription
So if anyone is interested just let me know:)

DivineFidelity
12-21-2011, 07:55 AM
I don't have a subscription...so I would definitely be interested.

Yesterday was a crazy day. I got off work early to go to the dentist and get a filling. Now I'm noticing that I cant close my mouth all the way because another tooth hits the filling in a weird way. It's making it impossible to eat....so this morning and last night all I ate was soup. I'm going to have to call her today and see if there is another time that I can come in and get her to shave that spot down a little bit so that I can actually eat real food again.

Yesterday was my dad's birthday...and I wasn't able to eat anything of the wonderful dinner my mom cooked (pot roast and roasted veggies) because I couldn't chew the food. I couldn't even eat cake....so that made me sad. It's probably better though, because I know I didn't need it.

Then my boyfriend came over and gave me my christmas present early to make me feel better and OMG. It's gorgeous.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/375439_10150475746930699_501670698_8614100_1504837 259_n.jpg

I was NOT expecting that. The crazy thing is I got him a ring too, although mine is from Helzberg Diamonds and his is just from amazon....but his is gorgeous and made of tungsten carbide which is supposed to be almost virtually indestructible...so that's good. Mine is sterling silver with sapphires. I didn't know white sapphires existed, but apparently they do. We decided to wear them like promise rings, which has my mom a little upset because she's always felt that the only rings that should go on your left hand are your wedding ring and engagement ring....and this is neither. It's too big on my right hand though....so I will be wearing it on my left hand anyways. It's just so gorgeous, and it definitely made me feel better.

I'm SUPER hungry and just wish I could chew food....but I will survive.

sorry about not getting to the stats. It was a crazy day yesterday. Today should be better though, it's not a birthday and there is no homework due or anything like that...so I will get it done, I promise. lol
>.<

DivineFidelity
12-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Alright guys. I know I didn't do the best job keeping up with the stats or anything, and that towards the end of the challenge we all stopped posting much at all...but that's okay. We all accomplished something great here. We lost weight. Here is your overall stats for the entire competition.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/MysticismMode/overallfinal.jpg

It looks like our team's biggest loser was Lambiechop, so congrats to you!

I wish all of you the best of luck with the rest of your journey =D

Lambiechop
12-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Great job, everyone!! And thanks for the congrats! :)