South Beach Diet - Weekend Chat - November 12 & 13

View Full Version : Weekend Chat - November 12 & 13

Ruthxxx
11-12-2011, 06:24 AM
Good Saturday morning! we got a sprinkle of snow last night - just enough to astonish the doggage when I let them out for potty. I swear I heard Disney mutter "Dammit" when she went out on the deck.

Another day of taking it easy is ahead - I am soooo bored! I did go down for coffee yesterday and drove over to the bank only to find it closed because of Remembrance Day. :shrug: I did get some fresh veggies though so it was not a useless trip. I spent most of the afternoon with the legs up and they are looking much better this morning. Now to treat the poor dry and stretched skin with cream.

Donna bailed yesterday (she went to the funeral) but is coming this morning. I am going to get my lunch organized now as she always manages to be working in the kitchen at lunch time. I hope to get finished with the pant shortening marathon today and maybe start a new quilt. I miss quilting and have several ideas and the fabric on hand.

Have a happy weekend with a nice mix of fun and niggles.

Natasha1534
11-12-2011, 06:38 AM
Good morning, Ruth!!! You don't know how happy I was to refresh the page and see that you had started the weekend chat thread...I was putting off starting it b/c I just didn't feel like it yet, LOL

I'm up bright and early to do a 5K w/ my mom. It's currently 29 degrees outside and we're going to be walking a nature trail in a wooded area. Brrrrrrrrr!!! Thankfully I've got 2 cups of coffee in me already. ;) Jumped on the scale this morning and I'm down another 2 pounds...weight loss has been so slow for months, so I'm calling that a "whoosh" whether it counts as one or not, LOL I'm down 6 of the 13 pounds I had gained back, so yay for that.

Can't wait for the game today. UGA is playing Auburn, one of our big rivals, and this year it's looking like we might be able to beat them. I sure hope so!!! Of course I would love for us to win ALL of our games, but the conference games I hope we win every year are always Auburn, Tennessee, and Florida. Auburn is the only one left to beat this year. Next weekend on Saturday I'll be AT the game...so excited to be going again!!! :) Have I mentioned I love college football??? LOL

Anyway, ladies, I've got to go finish getting ready for my 5K. Pretty sure these sweatpants are not going to cut it paired w/ the tank top I'm wearing right now, so I've got to go find me a hoodie. Hope you ladies are having a nice peaceful Saturday so far. See you again later!!!

CyndiM
11-12-2011, 06:39 AM
Good morning :coffee2: We had some of that snow here last night too. It's gone now so just enough to make me a little tense driving home. It's a good reminder that it's mid-November. I keep forgetting!

Ruth - glad to hear the leg is getting better.

Making a list because I am falling behind on work stuff. Time to get focused.

ETA - enjoy your 5K Natasha! Wow, sounds like the temps around here :brr:

Ruthxxx
11-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Natasha, I can relate to being reluctant to start the Daily. Sometimes just a "Good morning. Back later." does it. Stay warm out there this morning.

Cyndi, no wonder you are falling behind on work stuff! I read that you have studded tires. They are illegal around here because of road damage but the province of Quebec has made it illegal to NOT have snow tires on your car from December to March! Ontario is considering that although we don't have as many hilly and isolated roads as La Belle Province.

Just had another coffee mixed with sf hot chocolate. Yummy!

chickadeee55
11-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Gooding Everyone,

Ruth, good to see you are still taking it easy, making a quilt sounds like just what you may need to do.

Natasha your walk sound so good, that is what I need to do. Alittle brisk air may make it even more enjoyable,

Cyndi, you know making a list sounds good, I should try that, maybe I can get more things done.

It is 27 degrees here this am, the dogs do not like walking on snow that has frozen tracks in it, they only like the smooth top. Yike! We had a metal roof put on our house this fall, well we have found out that snow does not stay on a metal roof for long, it will slide down in sections. So, yesterday it took out our Direct TV Dish. We now have to put up some sort of dams to prevent the sliding, they hold the snow in place so it melts first. Too bad we didn't know about this before. Hmmm

Not to much planned for today, I tried eating cooked millet with fruit yesterday for lunch, but it sure doesn't sit well in my tummy later in the day. Still trying to mix up my menus alittle, I am getting bored with what I am eating, and I know where that could lead. Danager.

I have to wait til Tuesday to find out about what they removed from my thumb, but it is gone now, so I just want it to heal up, it is stiff and achy. And a hassel.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday. And Ruth, I am going to sew today, maybe I will try to post a few pics of what I do for relaxation.

cottagebythesea
11-12-2011, 07:02 AM
:coffee: No snow here, praise the Lord! :D It's pretty darned cold, but we have a nice, clear sky.

Ruth, I can just imagine Disney and Jazz thinking, 'what????? Again already?' :lol: I'm happy that your legs are showing progress and that you are still following doctor's orders. I am very curious as to what caused the edema in the first place? Is there a problem with your fracture?

Natasha, good luck to you and your mother on your marathon! I'm not into sports at all, but my parents love watching football, and especially college football. It's really amusing to me to listen to them discussing the game with my brothers. :)

Cyndi, I'm glad you made it home safely on the snowy drive back, and I hope you don't have to deal with it again until after Julie is safely back home.

I have the morning free, but then the rest of the day is shot. Can you tell I'm not looking forward to going to this wedding at all? We don't see Jake's side of the family very often and I know I will enjoy catching up on all the news with them, but I'm mostly doing it out of obligation. The wedding is at noon, though, and the reception isn't until several hours later. So what are we supposed to do in the interim??? It wouldn't make sense to come home and then go back. :dizzy: Oh, well, duty calls.

Ruthxxx
11-12-2011, 07:10 AM
Linda, yes, it's probably from major bruising from the dumb fracture. I absolutely hate weddings with that huge gap between the ceremony and the reception! Very inconsiderate.

Chickadeee, yikes for the snow slide! The house next door has a metal (and steep) roof and it's pretty scary when the snow decides to give in to gravity.

I'm having another coffee with some sf hot chocolate mix in it. Probably not SBD compliant but sure is good! I've got to stop procrastinating and get on with my day!

cottagebythesea
11-12-2011, 07:12 AM
Good morning, Chickadee! I know exactly what you mean about snow on tin roofs. The family I work for has a tin roof over the conservatory, and it's sometimes frightening to see the snow slide off in huge sheets! Have you browsed through the recipe section here? There are lots of really good recipe ideas that could keep you from getting bored with your meals. I know sometimes I get in that SOSO slump, and have to change things up a little. Good luck, and I hope your thumb starts feeling better soon!

TwynnB
11-12-2011, 07:20 AM
Ruth - Disney doesn't like snow?!? What kind of doggage is she?! My pup loves catching snow balls most of all.

Natasha - congrats on the weight loss! It'll be an interesting college game here in State College, pa...with Penn State. What an emotionally charged week. Hope your team does well!

Cyndi - glad to see your week and driving so much is going well, despite the snow.

Chickadee - I want to see pics too! Glad it was only your dish and not one of you that got damaged!

Cottage - SHOPPING! What a great way to waste a few hours!!

I'm drinking (way too strong) coffee, and the rest of the herd is actually starting to wake. Hope they stay in bed a bit longer so I can get my quiet time.

I had a fantastic trail run yesterday, I love running in the 30-40's. Reesie pup finally found out that ugly orange vest I put on her is for a good reason!! Today I'm off to work, then who-knows-what. Oh, but tonight we're having stay-at-home date night to watch Harry Potter! We never made it to the movie theater to see it. Better late than never?!

Have a great day!

chris313
11-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Good Saturday Morning!!

I just have time for a quick hello...Hello! We have to be down in Riverdale (The Bronx) by 10:30 this morning. We are going to Manhattan College this morning for yet another soccer game. I was born in Manhattan and raised there and have fond memories of my dad bringing my sister and I to Van Courtland Park to ride the ponies on Saturday mornings. That was my mother's time to herself (To clean the house, poor thing!). There won't be pony rides today, but the memories are sweet!

Glad to hear your leg is still on the mend, Ruth.

Have a super Saturday ladies!!

Lexxiss
11-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

We traveled this morning and I have an hour before I have to be at work. I'm chuckling-kitty stayed home this trip and was wailing just a few minutes ago. Funny since she doesn't really enjoy the trips. Now she's in Bing's kennel refusing to let him in. Even though she's declawed (how we adopted her), she puts on an act which always has him backing off.

Ruth, thanks for getting us started. Glad you're doing better!

Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about the youth who died. I think it makes for a very tough moment for all the moms out there, too. :hug:

Natasha, good luck on your 5K!

Linda, have "fun" today!

Cyndi, safe travels! hope you get caught up on work a bit.

chickadeee, I might pull out my machine, too. I'd love to see pics!

Twynn, thinking of you today as Penn St. gets through a very difficult day.

Chris, enjoy your trip to the city. My dad lived in NYC growing up (born in Ohio) and the city has many very fond memories for me, too.

I thought I'd forgotten my VitaMix and it would have been 1 hr RT to retrieve it. Later on, I decided I must have packed it and the good news is I DID! Thank goodness, it's a mandatory part of my daily routine.

Well, I'd better go see what the kitty needs.

Have a great day everyone!

Chelby29
11-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Happy Saturday!

Natasha, Auston has to go to a birthday party at 2 today. Hubs isn't going because of the Auburn/GA game. :)

Ruth, Isn't Disney a Katrina dog? Of course she hates snow! :lol:

Cyndi, Be safe on the roads! Can't imagine driving in ice...

Linda, I've never been to a wedding with a gap of time between ceremony and reception. How inconvenient!

Chickadeee, Is your dish back up? No dish would be a tragedy at my house. ;)

Twynn, I slept till 6:15 this morning. Woohoo!!!

I think hubby is nesting. He's emptied the dishwasher, cleaned off the top of his dresser, and emptied the fireplace -- all while listening to his stereo WAY too loud. He hasn't inspired me to get up yet... :D

I worked on the Christmas gift list this morning. I'm almost finished! Yay! I have to get something for my brother's wife. They've been in Okinawa for the past 3 years and I've only met her 3-4 times, so I don't know her well. Maybe pajamas? Everyone likes pajamas.

Chelby29
11-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Chris, Going to the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade is on my Bucket List. I've never been to New York.

Debbie, I had a cat who could act like a fool around a dog It was pretty funny. :D

I better get up...

Mmckellen
11-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Chelby, better than going to the actual parade is going the night before to watch the balloons being blown up. I've never done it, but heard it's a lot of fun. As a native NYer, we just don't do things like NY Eve in Times Square or the Parade...too many people! You wouldn't think it, but NYers don't really like crowds at all.

I woke up this morning, looked at my clock and was astonished to see it was 7:30! Which means not only did I sleep late but so did my son. He came in shortly after, but I got a really good night's sleep, for which I am so grateful. I love waking up well rested. Today, just errands and what not in the am, then in the afternoon I'm taking some 'girl time' and meeting a friend in lower Manhattan for a glass of wine (or three). I'm actually going to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge to meet her, which is about 1.5 miles, so there's my exercise for the day. I checked the menu of the place (O'Hara's, very famous first responder bar near the WTC site) we're going to, and there's absolutely nothing on plan there, but I've got to eat when I drink wine so I'll probably go for the fried zucchini and call it a definite cheat.

I'd been thinking that I need a new extra bottom sheet and some pillowcases, but yesterday when I was decluttering my linens I found a new bottom sheet and pack of 2 pillowcases still in their packaging, unopened. Anyone interested in a decluttering challenge to gear up for the new year??

Hope everyone has a great, fun, productive and rewarding day!

Ruthxxx
11-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Hmmm - decluttering sounds like a good challenge. I've just done three very large drawers in my bathroom. I have tons of storage space but it's very disorganized. it's amazing what one finds in there! Anybody need a pair of girl doggie panties? Shades of Hershey and Lucy!

Mmckellen
11-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Ruth while you were posting that I decluttered a bunch of my husband's old guitar magazines, but I did NOT declutter my Princess Diana paperdoll cut out book.

WaistingTime
11-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Ruth - Happy quilting. I just bought some "diet" cocoa yesterday. It's been on my mind lately.

Natasha - Have a great race. Brr is right!

Cyndi - Drive safely! Our meteorologists have a contests with predictions for first measurable snowfall and more than one said December 5. I'll be snug at the spa then so it works for me:)

Chickadee - I don't even know what millet is. A grain? Hope you heal fast.

Linda - Hope the day exceeds your expectations. How odd they are taking that long break in the middle.

Twynn - Oh how I love that quiet time! Enjoy the movie.

Chris - Sounds like you'll have a lovely day reflecting back.

Debbie - I saw a commercial for one the other day. I need someone to make me a green monster to try sometime.

Chelby - I'm so glad we don't do family gifts any more! I did order ornaments online this week for my boys and husband. Now I need wish lists from them. My dilemma - hairdresser's gift.

Mmc - Yay for a good night's sleep! Have fun with your friend today. I so wish I could get my packrat husband to join your challenge!

Not much on tap for me this weekend, which is a good thing after all the social eating last weekend. I'll be making a huge pot of soup to take to the neighbors. I'll make DH do the baking to go with it so I can resist temptation. I have not stopped thinking about that poor family since hearing their news. I finally called my teen to tell him yesterday once we starting getting calls from parents of his friends and knew the news was spreading. I have a handful of errands to run but might avoid the stores on the weekend and wait until Monday.

weezle
11-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Morning! Ruthie, I actually laughed out loud and had to read the first paragraph of your post to Chris. I can almost HEAR Disney swearing at the snow!

No snow here (thank God!) but Voodoo has been looking out the window watching for it every chance she gets. Supposed to hit 60 today, so I'm a happy camper!

Thought I'd pop in and say hi again, and continue putting off showering and getting ready for the weekly grocery haul. I've been an extreme couponer in training so we go a few places but save a lot of money. Ran out of printer ink and rather than spending $60 on replacement cartridges, I saw Walmart's Value of the Day yesterday and bought a Canon all in one wireless printer for $59.99. When it arrives, I will much more easily be able to print from all 7 computers in the house, as well as all 3 iPhones! Couponer Heaven!

:D

Anyway, I guess I should get moving. Stay warm everyone!

Lisa

sophie
11-12-2011, 09:13 AM
good morning,

DH is making my life miserable because he has a cold.
I have been extremely busy with finishing projects for Christmas and now have to start baking because I want to bring some when we visit. Afterall, I have to let my DD and family see there is a benefit living only 4 hrs away from us. They are only coming here between Christmas and New Year and I can understand that they was Christmas morning at home..
Hope everyone has a good South Beach weekend.
take care
Sophie

chickadeee55
11-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Ok, I just made a Oatmeal pancake for breakfast, first time, it was very yummy. Just what I need to do, branch out in food choices.

I am trying my hand at attaching a photo, see how it goes. The first are pin cushions I make and the second is a quilt I made for my nephew. This is what keep me sane when not working. Hmmm

Natasha1534
11-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Just popping back in to say hello again. Slowed down some to try to stay back w/ my mom this morning, so my official time was 55:40. Oh well...important thing is to finish. ;) Mom took first in her age group, though...she was the only woman over 60 that participated, LOL

Anywho, I'm hungry now but I think I'm going to take a nap instead. I'll come back later and do personals. Have a great day, ladies!!!

Chelby29
11-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Mathilda, I am a Louisiana girl who has never been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans. It's way too crowded and dangerous. Small town Mardi Gras is so much more fun and family friendly.

Karen, Do they know what happened to the young man yet?

Good Morning, Weezle and Sophie! :)

cottagebythesea
11-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Chickadeee ~ your pin cushions are adorable! What are the numbers on them? Nice work on the quilt, too. How long does it usually take you to complete one?

Karen ~ That is just so sad and tragic about your friend's son. I've had that on my mind since you told us, and I hope your son is holding up OK.

:wave: to everyone else, and I hope you are all enjoying your Saturday.

I'd better go start getting ready!

jenne1017
11-12-2011, 11:51 AM
morning all!

Slow start here this weekend - I left the ICBINB out the other night and assumed DW put it away but we all know what happens when one assumes... :lol3: So had to run to the store this morning. Nothing much on tap but reading. Enjoying this weekend as it's the only one I've got!

My travel looks like this: November 6-9: Orlando
November 16-18: Baltimore (only an hour away but still)
November 19-26: Maine
November 29-December 1: NYC

We're driving to Maine too so I need to start thinking about lunches and snacks.

Ruth: don't push too hard! We want you back to your old self!
Natasha: wow! a 5k is amazing. Good luck!!!
Cyndi: Keep it clear up there, wouldya ;)
Chick: sorry about the snow + roof :( poor TV!
Cottage: I hate when the ceremony and reception are so spread out! Hope you find something entertain yourself well!
Twynn: what kind of coffee?
Chris: wave to my hometown (Bronx) for me!!!
Debbie: I love my demanding kitties too :)
MMc: It's soo funny. I never went into Manhattan when I loved there for the same reason! I never went to the SoL until I loved down here in DC nor have I ever walked over the bridge!
Chelby: PJs are a GREAT idea!!! Can't go wrong with some nice, comfy, soft PJs!
Karen: What a nice neighbor you are. So sad...
Weezle: :wave:
Sophie: I feel your pain!!! Hope DH gets well soon.

I am off to resist the temptations all around me. DW has been comfort eating (and just finished eating all 8 orange rolls - I can't imagine the calories in that!!!!!!!!) and it's been a very hard few weeks. I love winter but she hates it!

jenne1017
11-12-2011, 11:54 AM
*1360 calories, 80 grams of sugar and 42 grams of fat for eating all 8 of those things. I think I am going to be sick...I am glad I resisted

Chelby29
11-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Jenne, Don't you HATE that she has the metabolism to handle that??? Not Fair!

jenne1017
11-12-2011, 01:10 PM
She doesn't actually. When we first me, she was about 40 pounds lighter. 25 of that was from meds she was on but she never really had to think about her weight until 2 years ago when her metabolism changed. She's got SAD and she usually puts on weight in winter because she comfort eats, a lot. Not unlike what I used to do.

It's so hard breaking habits, but possible!

chickadeee55
11-12-2011, 04:51 PM
That quilt top I made in one day, of course DH was gone so it was just me and the two dogs, I had only a few interruptions. Sew Sew Sew The numbers on the cushions are from when I showed them to a girl, so she could let me know which one she wanted.

Chickadeee ~ your pin cushions are adorable! What are the numbers on them? Nice work on the quilt, too. How long does it usually take you to complete one?

We just got back in from trimming trees near my deer stand, opening weekend next week, I only hope my thumb is all better by then for hunting. It was really nice out, sun shining and snow melting, felt like spring! Yep, I wish.

Does SB still make retail products, I never see any in the store near me anymore?

WaistingTime
11-13-2011, 06:33 AM
Karen, Do they know what happened to the young man yet?

No. They did an autopsy and I guess in the non-TV world it takes quite some time to get results. The funeral has been scheduled and is right when we were supposed to provide lunch so instead we are doing breakfast for tomorrow.

So today I'll be baking pumpkin bread. The good news is that I'm making loaves so can't "sample" any when it's done:) The other stuff will be done in the morning. I hope tomorrow's not the first day I manage to adjust to the new time!

I'm hoping my older son calls; I told him I'd edit the thank you emails we are nagging, I mean ENCOURAGING him to send to everyone he interviewed with last week. Ah, being a helicopter mom is such a hard habit to break.

Have a great Sunday, everyone. BBL

CyndiM
11-13-2011, 06:41 AM
Good morning :coffee2: So hopefully the updates from drama-land will end soon. After I posted yesterday morning Julie called to tell me they were taking her back into surgery. We knew there was a possibility but not until Sunday. There was not all that unusual problem that needed to be fixed. this surgery was laproscopic so no more big wounds. As of this morning it looks like it was successful but we will know when the doc. arrives and they run a test. This will add a couple of days to the hospital stay (we had hoped she would go home this past Thurs. or Fri.) but not to the overall recovery. I'm looking forward to seeing her this morning. She was much more out of it this time, the result of too many days without enough sleep, nutrition and on pain meds. She sounds better this morning.

Jenn- reading labels usually puts me off any unplanned foods like that. I've reached the point where I start doing the math and realize it's not worth the cost to the rest of the week in food and exercise. I do still slide into the poor mes over foods I choose not to eat, but then I look around me and remember that this is the choice I make to have my health and not theirs.

My ex has that metabolism, but he is also in really horrible shape - cholesterol, energy, chronic colds, etc.

Okay, better get moving if I'm going to get to the hospital at a reasonable hour.

Ruthxxx
11-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Fly-by post this morning. I swear I posted earlier but must have forgotten the "hit enter" part.

Yesterday was good and a bit more active. I was able to wear real shoes and socks. Who knew? I even did soem walking doing a Fair Ground property inspection.

Today? Church and then coffee with friends. Then start to plan the next week's activities - a busy one is coming up so I hope I'm rid of health crud.

Happy Sunday even if you don't have any sun.

Chelby29
11-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Karen, I work with a Sheriff Investigator. She says that TV shows have really hurt the jury pool (all of us). The public expects perfect DNA evidence in every situation, and that is not always possible. AND, a simple paternity test can take a year -- not less than an hour. :dizzy:

Cyndi, I am so sorry about Julie's second surgery! I cannot imagine two back-to-back surgeries, even if one is laproscopic. Ouch!

I changed out our sheets last night for flannel sheets. Hubs and Auston were so excited. Flannel sheets aren't my favorite -- too close to menopause. :p

We are off to the flea market again this morning. I'm hoping to find some beautiful mustard greens to go with my sweet potatoes. Yum!

Good Morning, Ruth! I'll send you some sun! :)

Happy Sunday!

TwynnB
11-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Mmmm...Chelby - I never had mustard greens, but planted some in my fall green crop (it was one of the only bag of seeds they had left!)...they were DELISH!! PS - SEVEN AM, BABY!!!

Karen - So very sorry for your neighbor, it is sweet you are helping them out.

CHickadee - LOVELY...Love those! All of them!

Ruth - we just switched churches (per my request, I wanted something more contemporary), and I like the sermons SO much better. I used to feel like I was in a Peanuts cartoon before :D.

Cyndi - strength to you, friend.

Jenn - oh, what a terrible travel schedule. Good luck!

LOL...we didn't watch the movie last night...I didn't want our 6 and 8 year old to see it (they get nightmares over everything), and they didn't go to bed until after 9:30...I can't stay up til midnight anymore!!

Off to church in a bit with a meeting afterwards, then probably some goof off time this afternoon. We have a marriage bible study tonight (which is excellent...apparently, I'm a turtle communicator...) too.

I'm thinking I need to get my act together, and go on phase I or I.5 (I like to keep the fruit in, esp. my blueberries in cold season!!) tomorrow. I've been insanely lazy, not making or planning out food, lunches especially. I've been decently on plan in spite of that (if you leave out the halloween candy), and my weight is stable....I must be at my "happy" weight. But I just don't want to slide down that slope!

It's going to be a pretty day...hope you guys enjoy!

Mmckellen
11-13-2011, 07:33 AM
Hey all,
Great day yesterday, I got rid of SO much more stuff. This is a quick fly by so I can get out and exercise before church. After church I am giving blood (for the first time). I'm a little apprehensive about it. Hope everyone has a great day.

Ruthxxx
11-13-2011, 07:40 AM
Re-instated my ticker this morning. I was 181 two mornings in a row so that may be "it" as far as dropping water weight. 199 a week ago and I was tempted to use that as my start weight just to get accused of lying or using drugs. :rofl: I'm off to church wearing real shoes, not Crocs!

cottagebythesea
11-13-2011, 07:50 AM
:coffee: We ended up having a blast at the wedding and got home in the wee hours of the morning. Now my body's screaming "Payback!" I did eat mostly on plan, but had way too much wine. And my muscles aren't used to all that dancing, trying to outdo the younger generation. :o

chickadeee55
11-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Good Morning everyone,

I did my weigh in, no lbs lost, and 1 inch lost. A little disappointed, I am being so good. Someday, I know the scale will catch up!!!

Jenn, love your new photo, looks like you are happy

Twynn, maybe that is where I am at a happy weight! I don't want to be here!

Ruth, good to see you got your ticker back and your real shoes.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Cyndi, hope everything turns out ok w/Julie

Chelby, I threw another quilt on the foot of our bed, that way I can toss it off if it is too warm. I like the house at 66 for nightime sleeping.

weezle
11-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Yeesh Cyndi, praying for you and Julie. It's been a rough couple of months for you girls! I hope this finally is it, and you both can get back to your routines. :hug:

jenne1017
11-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Thanks chickadee - how can one not be happy in 80 degree weather by a pool all day long, right??? :lol3:

I got up early (for me, not you all!) this AM and am about to weigh in and make breakfast. Then I think a walk in the park and book reading all day (Reading the Percy Jackson series).

Cyndi - by thoughts with you and Julie!
Ruth - that's great news!
Twynn - yummy blueberries! You know where to come to get 1.5 ideas :)

Have a great Sunday all!

Xan
11-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Good morning! I haven't been posting lately, although I read this forum faithfully. I've popped in today partly to send good wishes to Cyndi, and partly to say, Ruth, I wish you'd posted the 199 to 181, for the reasons you mentioend! (And congratulations!)

I've been off and on SB for two years, never very successful with it (my fault, of course) but always conscious of it. I've found it difficult to cook meals because of my schedule. I'm a high school principal at a very small private boarding school, and also teach six classes. The amount of administrative work and prep work is ....well, lots and I come home so exhausted I haven't been able to focus on anything else besides work. When I'm not on SB, I drop back, mostly, to WW, and I've lost a few pounds since I was last here.

We have a very long Thanksgiving break -- two weekends and a week -- so I want to give SB another try starting this Friday, when I will be able to plan meals and cook. And freeze! We have another long break coming up, and I hope/plan that after Christmas I'll be fully SB. I've changed a lot of habits in the past two years, and that should help.

An update. I've also been away because I had a very disappointing time my last try at SB. I started having really awful gum inflammation problems almost immediately. For a couple of weeks, I could only eat yogurt, ice cream and very soft bread. Nothing hot, nothing even remotely spicy. They couldn't find any reason for it and said maybe stress. May be! This week -- after three months! -- it's begun to clear up and this morning I woke up feeling normal, so I hope that's a good sign.

Sorry for the long post! Hello again to the many people who are still here from my last sojourns, and hello to the many new faces, whom I hope I'll get to know.

Pearlrose
11-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Good morning, first time in days I have come by, I think when I start slipping I don't want to come and be accountable...Uggh mind games, I really need to get back in the game.

Ruth- Glad that you got your ticker back

Cyndi- sorry to hear that Julie had to had a second surgery but glad it went well

Karen- sorry to hear about your neighbors loss

Hello to everyone else, I need to go get ready for church. Goal for this week is to drop by every day and be accountable.

BellaLucia
11-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Hey everyone! Enjoying the sunshine in Cali.

Natasha1534
11-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Never got back to do personals...oops. Georgia wiped the floor w/ Auburn last night and I am one happy lady. SO proud of our guys and the way they played...that was some GREAT football!!!

Hope you ladies are having a good weekend. :)