Old 11-12-2011, 01:20 AM   #1  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Default Hopefully someone is interested ....

Hello everyone, I'm desperate looking for a "IP diet partner" to go thru this journey together - I don't have access to check this website during the day because of my work but I have access to Facebook messenger - I think I'm lacking of some responsibility in doing the program, stress is what kills me, I turn to food instead of looking for other coping skills - hope to find a partner that we can share daily food intake, goals, and recipes.
If you are interested, send me a message - Thanks!!!!
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:30 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Where are you in Washington? there are a few people on the boards who are from there. What about your age? how old are ya?,.....sorry just trying to help get a little information so people know who you are
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #3  

Height: 5'0"

Hi there - I'm in Bothell. Where abouts are you? Stress is a hard one. We're all in the same boat, so don't feel alone. This is a great place to go for extra needed support. It helps keep me on track.
shelly ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #4  
Fresh start

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly ann View Post
Hi there - I'm in Bothell. Where abouts are you? Stress is a hard one. We're all in the same boat, so don't feel alone. This is a great place to go for extra needed support. It helps keep me on track.
Hi Shelly - I am in the Tri-Cities, WA - When I am stress out I want to eat a cow! It's a horrible feeling that I can't get over. I work 7 days a week, when I am not stress out I do pretty good, but the stress again kills me! I know some people who is doing it in this town, but they are kinda of private sharing their experience and sometimes I thought that I was asking too much, I don't know where they get the support from but good for them at least it seems they are doing good, and I am not! I will press the reset bottom and re-start again tomorrow Monday.
I really want to reach my goal ASAP and I really need this for health reasons, my trigliceries are too high! and my doctor said to do this but I still can't do it 100 % because of my crazy hunger
Old 11-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #5  
Fresh start

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Where are you in Washington? there are a few people on the boards who are from there. What about your age? how old are ya?,.....sorry just trying to help get a little information so people know who you are
Hello! I live in the Tri-Cities - I am 40 and I am thinking that I will never get this thru, people say that when you are 40 the weight is so hard to come off - hope I can finish this journey.
Thank you for the support.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryoung View Post
Hello! I live in the Tri-Cities - I am 40 and I am thinking that I will never get this thru, people say that when you are 40 the weight is so hard to come off - hope I can finish this journey.
Well that is SO not true.... I am 45 and the weight is coming off just fine. Its all about your mind set. You said you can't fight the hunger, then you need to drink lots of water and eat a lot of lettuce. IT IS POSSIBLE but it will NOT happen over night. You didn't gain the weight over night so you can't expect it to come off ASAP! You have to be committed to this program for it to work, you can't cheat and its not a Mon-fri diet its a 24/7....7 days a week program with NO CHEATS at all!.....sorry for the tough love but it is what it is....if you are not 100% committed to this program you are wasting your money, honestly
Old 11-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

It's not worth the cheats, like wuv said eat more lettuce and drink more water. if you are stressed at work, play with stress balls, use sugar free gum so that you are chewing, maybe change up the way you eat splitting up your meals or when you eat things.
bludolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #8  

I was having more cravings than hunger at first. Once I stayed totally on program, there was no hunger or cravings. When I do have those moments I find it's because I am overly-tired, need to drink something, or time for another packet. Stress is a killer!! I have you all beat with the ages. I'm 57 (YIKES!!). I definitely do not feel that age, or agree than I'm that old mentally. Thank goodness for Wuv's postings. She really saved me with this diet and got me focused. It's better than gastric bypass and all it's complications. It's better than having heart disease, kidney failure, or diabetes. Do it!!!!

If you ever want to Skype and exchange numbers let me know. We can support each other.

Last edited by shelly ann; 11-13-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly ann View Post
I was having more cravings than hunger at first. Once I stayed totally on program, there was no hunger or cravings. When I do have those moments I find it's because I am overly-tired, need to drink something, or time for another packet. Stress is a killer!! I have you all beat with the ages. I'm 57 (YIKES!!). I definitely do not feel that age, or agree than I'm that old mentally. Thank goodness for Wuv's postings. She really saved me with this diet and got me focused. It's better than gastric bypass and all it's complications. It's better than having heart disease, kidney failure, or diabetes. Do it!!!!

If you ever want to Skype and exchange numbers let me know. We can support each other.
Exactly, you have to give your body enough time to adjust to the new way of eating. Stick to the diet for 2 weeks with NO CHEATS, just follow the sheet and TRUST ME you will feel 100% better. You have to get rid of all the toxins in your body and it sometimes takes up to 2 weeks but if you are cheating here and there with bites and nibbles then your body doesn't get rid of everything.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #10  

Yes, indeed. Those nibbles here and there were my downfall. Didn't think it really mattered. Boy, was I wrong and in a big way. Still 100% OP. If you can call it a downfall, then the only problem is the extra energy. Yippeee. There are fantastic recipes posted by FinnSteven if you need some cooking inspiration, and lots of others too. It's very do-able.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:04 PM   #11  
Fresh start

Thank you for the tough love! - I need that to wake up and don't get myself into the cheating thing just because I am stressed out - I drink lots of water, what I don't eat too much is lettuce, I got tired of it, it doesn't have any flavor for me anymore - what I will do is the puddings, and eat that like ice-cream.... I totally get it about the illnesses, my doctor's wife lost 30 lb (he said) and her diabetes was gone along with her high blood pressure, so I know this is a great way to lose weight. Let's see how I do this week. Thank you for the great support!

Last edited by foreveryoung; 11-13-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:23 PM   #12  

You don't have that much more to go. Keep going. Have faith in yourself.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:05 AM   #13  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Hi foreveryoung, well I'm from TC too.. enjoying our wind tonight? Didn't think so. I'm in my mid 40s and I can say that even as a guy the diet has been great. The cravings seem to come and go for me, so far since I started I've been 100% OP, no cheats but a few times I've had a 2nd bar in a day rather then to have something worse. I've been using a site and app for my phone called MyFitnessPal as it allows me to track my food during the day and also gives me something to do, it's also a reminder to me to stay on plan and avoid the temptation to cheat.

One thing we did at home was to make my own cupboard for my food packets, seasonings and things - this kept me out of the other ones and avoided temptation. I did the same in the fridge, I also tossed anything out that I'd be the only one to eat, saved a ton of fridge/cabinet space and removed that temptation.

My final reminder is what I paid that week for my food, I'm in it to lose it and not wanting to pay money to cheat.

One thing I've been surprised about around the TC is how many are doing IP or aware of it. With Lourdes and Vista being two big clinics doing it and at least two others in the area that I'm aware of too.

If you want to buy the Walden Farms items here is some advice that I've learned. Check Highlands Health food off of Vista way, if they have on sale you can pick up for under $4 a bottle. Freddy's and Albertsons have it, Freddy's is the most expensive around unless you find it on sale, Alby's isn't bad usually. Albys off Gauge has had the best selection.

Country Gentleman's, Sterling's & Outback can help you stay on plan if you order right, Steak and steamed broccoli (order without butter), if you get salad at either let them know you want no cheese/carrorts/dressing/croutons - I bring along a packet of WF dressing if I want salad. The Mongolian grill off Col Center Blvd is a great too, load up on veggies, use the garlic sauce and say no to the Teriyaki sauce and you're 100% on plan (watch which veggies of course). Also Carl's Jr has a pretty decent Protein burger, order without cheese or ketchup, ask for extra lettuce as it makes the wrapping better. Yumm.

Welcome to the forum!
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryoung View Post
So not true on the age and weight thing I'm 54, through menopause due do my hysterectomy and I'm still loosing just fine. You can do this and just remind yourself cheating is not an option. No food is worth risking your health and most of all it just makes you feel bad when you cheat. The remorse would be too great for me. Hang in there, you can do this.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I just turned 46 (yesterday) and have not experienced any problems losing weight on this plan. I've been a stress eater too. This plan has forced me to confront a lot of the things I was burying deep inside. The mood swings were huge.

I'm on the other side of the state from you -- cheering you on. You can do it!
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote