Old 11-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #1  

Default Exercise experience with MRC

I've always been an avid exerciser. When I joined MRC I told my counselor I liked to workout and wanted to keep doing it. She said that was great, to do at least 3 days x 30 minutes. For what I had been doing, that was much lower (I was doing 6 days at 45-60 minutes of high intensity cardio/heavy strength training most days). But I decided while on the plan I would cut back my exercise to 3 x a week of 30 minutes of light exercise like walking, yoga, pilates, or strength training. To be honest, that's driving me a little crazy not doing as much. I keep telling myself that when I get closer to my goal/get to stabilization I'll start reintroducing the high intensity exercise. I do miss it. But I also know I'm not taking in enough calories to support it. So what has been everyone else's experience with exercise and the program. I'm still on the Blue plan, switch to the Yellow plan on Thursday (next week).

I figure if I'm 30 lbs lighter, reintroducing exercise won't feel so bad. But I hate losing my cardio and strength levels.
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #2  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcgina View Post
I've always been an avid exerciser. When I joined MRC I told my counselor I liked to workout and wanted to keep doing it. She said that was great, to do at least 3 days x 30 minutes. For what I had been doing, that was much lower (I was doing 6 days at 45-60 minutes of high intensity cardio/heavy strength training most days). But I decided while on the plan I would cut back my exercise to 3 x a week of 30 minutes of light exercise like walking, yoga, pilates, or strength training. To be honest, that's driving me a little crazy not doing as much. I keep telling myself that when I get closer to my goal/get to stabilization I'll start reintroducing the high intensity exercise. I do miss it. But I also know I'm not taking in enough calories to support it. So what has been everyone else's experience with exercise and the program. I'm still on the Blue plan, switch to the Yellow plan on Thursday (next week).

I figure if I'm 30 lbs lighter, reintroducing exercise won't feel so bad. But I hate losing my cardio and strength levels.
i'd talk to your counselors again...personally i wouldn't cut out the exercise at all..they should be able to customize the plan so you can continue, maybe adding more Protein or HNSs.... definitely check with them, though they are the experts w/ the diet plan ...
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #3  

I will ask...but I am okay with cutting back some til spring. I had been doing things like training for triathlons and mud runs...and often use exercise as an excuse to overeat...so spending time focusing on my eating versus the exercise is good. I just need to get to a place where I can at least get in my 2 weekly strength training sessions on top of the walking/yoga/pilates. I did lift today, but ultra light weights (for me). I'm hoping once I get to the green plan I'll have a bit more energy. If not I will definitely ask!
Old 11-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 254.8/254.8/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm in the same boat. I play tennis 2-3 times per week and am trainging for a half marathon. Have always been super active. MY counselor encouraged that and said to just add a few extra HNS supplements if I need to before or after the workout!

I haven't cut down my exercise at all and I feel great!
karo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/240/150

Height: 5'2"

Also ask your counselors about the meta-balance menu it is used for people diabeti.cs and people that exercise alot
rn5192008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #6  

I am finding a better balance with exercise and eating. Now that I'm on green it has helped...and I'm sticking with a slightly lower than I normally do exercise plan...5 days a week for 30 minutes of moderate intensity stuff. My consultant still thought I should only do 3, but I like 5 and want to be able to get back into it. Right now I don't want to switch to a different eating plan since I'm having great results...when the time comes to want to bump the exercise back up, I'll definitely need to.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #7  

Default Newbie & Exercise

I am back on the program for the second time. I started preconditioning last Sunday and wil start meta-slim tomorrow. My biggest concern this time is exercise. I didn't have to worry that much over it last time because my former job was VERY active. At my new job, I sit all day long. Currently, I do zero exercise, but know I should. I also miss being active. I'm curious how you all work exercise into your schedules and what types you do. Any suggestions or advice you can offer will be appreciated. Thanks!

By the way, I am so happy to have found the message boards. They are great encouragement for me. You all are amazing!
eb102106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Getting exercise in is tough for me. I try to alternate walking and strength training in the mornings but with a 60 minute commute it is sometimes tough. thsi week i had early meetings and just couldnt do it all. Then at night, I am shot. I have joined a club near my work, and keep meaning to try working out at lunch. Then there's the issue of the hair. I DO NOT have low-maintenance hair I also like to walk at lunch, but rain makes that a challenge. Again: hair. maybe I should just get a new hairstyle....
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #9  

eb-I exercise either in the morning (ideal) or in the evening. With my jobs I have access to two gyms...and hopefully next semester I'll get to workout right after work in the afternoon.

But hair is a big issue If i have to work again after...that's why I like morning workouts. I can get sweaty and not worry about messing up my makeup/hair, etc.