Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-11-2011, 06:37 AM   #1  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Default Binge free for 2 weeks.

I definitely got to where I am today by binge eating. There was nothing more satisfying to me than going to the grocery store, buying huge boxes of whatever and eating it all. Chips, oatmeal cream pies, cookies, ice cream, pastries. Anything. I would often buy day old donuts and eat about half of the box. I felt so out of control!!! But I've been truly binge free for 2 weeks and it feels great! It was hard at first but now I'm starting to realize when I'm hungry and when I just want to eat to eat. I hope I can keep it up.
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #2  

Well WELL done! Some of the binge stories I read and the shame people recount in them are truly some of the most heart-wrenching. It sounds like you are learning a lot about yourself and I have no doubt it has been hard.

Keep it up!
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 124/124/105

WELL DONE! i'm glad to hear you're binge free for 2 weeks thats awesome keep it up girl !

I'd like to join u in this, i am trying to quit emotional eating, when i'm stressed out! and it seems i'm stressed all the time
happygirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:43 AM   #4  
Pink Leopard Power

Thank you ladies. Going on week 3 no binging tomorrow! You guys can do it. It is so hard I know, and learning what to replace binging with is difficult. I associate good times with having a great meal or snack. For me it was: exercise like walking or stationary bike, reading, taking a nap or going to bed early, or watching a show I'm getting into. I also don't keep the stuff I binge on around, and have been slowly introducing cookies back into the cookie jar and learning how to eat one/day. That is hard
Old 11-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #5  

Default any advice

wow, that is awesome. how do you stay focused when you are tired and stressed? i eat 4 sandwiches and a couple bags of chips when i'm stressed. it is horrible.
any tips?
chocolateluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #6  
Pink Leopard Power

I hear you. I work and am in a grad program I have those long tired stressful weeks where I'm at the hospital 7 days a week and am up at ungodly hours. All I want to do is come home and eat to comfort myself about how tired or stressed I am. I think if you can sort of follow through with smaller, somewhat healthier or smaller portions of things you eat 5 times a day, or snack on things like granola bars and fruit throughout the day, it will help. Anything to keep you from feeling faminshed, shakey and out of control. I have two levels in my house so I try to spend my time upstairs and away from the kitchen. I also try to distinguish when I a hungry and when I'm just bored hungry or sad hungry or stressed hungry. It has always taken ahwile for me to notice the difference but once you do it gets easier when you realize you won't starve to death by not ordering a pizza even though you want one . After awhile, you can sort of shrink your appetite because your body has to adjust. Once I started losing weight on the scale too again I was motivated to keep on going. I've been just constantly gaining since May so losing 8 lbs of that was great.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/TICKER/150

Height: 5'10

I am almost at two weeks myself, without binge eating. I'll pray for the both of us! LOL
dazzlemee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 284/278/175

Height: 5'7

I think I m a binge eater...how do you know?
kiwigirlnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations!!! Even more awesome than the 2 weeks (which is great!) is that your perceptions are changing.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 130

Height: 5'9

Great work! Not an easy thing to do..and if you ever slip...don't let it spiral out of control...just continue as you have been doing! I've been binge free since dec.1 and slipped tonight but will go back to my good eating habits in the morning. I'm upset that I broke the good streak but better to get back on track then going back to hating myself on a regular basis when binging..SO GOOD LUCK and GOOD JOB!
nat123 is offline   Reply With Quote