Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - It's 9 PM, you just got home, you're starving and just want sleep. Whats for dinner?

chubbyhippie
11-09-2011, 01:50 PM
I'll start. When all I want to do is collapse in bed, I heat up some fat free refried beans and wrap it up in a tortilla with some salsa. Or I might just grab an apple and dip it in peanut butter and raisins. Easy and filling enough for a quick meal before bed!

runningfromfat
11-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Tomato soup with chicken or turkey hot dogs cooked in it. Fancy, right? :lol:

Sometimes with some sort of fruit for dessert.

ETA: bonus points because I can get DD to eat it without any fuss (even though it certainly isn't the best meal in the world...).

danzingurl77
11-09-2011, 01:59 PM
I'll do a can of tuna with some mustard and pickles, DH thinks I'm crazy ;-)

I really like protein shakes too, and I keep frozen chicken breasts available at all times, it takes a whole but all I have to do is throw it on the grill and then I top it with salsa.

popspry
11-09-2011, 02:21 PM
A quesadilla or taco. Or something I've made homemade then frozen for just these situations (calzones, bean burgers, whatever).

CanadianCutie
11-09-2011, 02:51 PM
I'll nuke some frozen veggies, and melt a little cheese on top, and add some spices.

Esofia
11-09-2011, 02:54 PM
I always have several kinds of meals in the freezer which I've cooked in bulk beforehand, so one of those goes into the microwave.

Michelle2008
11-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Smoked ham and mushroom omlette. Yummy

miatutu
11-09-2011, 03:43 PM
A banana with 1 tbsp of peanut butter in a whole wheat and flax seed tortilla. If I'm feeling wild I'll trow in some craisins. This is also a go-to breakfast item for me.

ValRock
11-09-2011, 04:24 PM
A HUGE salad with whatever leftovers, extra veg, etc I can find in the fridge, dumped on top :).

nelie
11-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Maybe I'm odd but I'll just go to sleep... :)

GobabyGoGO
11-09-2011, 07:36 PM
I just sleep too

hatgirlie
11-09-2011, 10:10 PM
I'll have to try that tuna with some mustard and pickles. What kind of mustard & pickles do you prefer?

amandie
11-09-2011, 11:03 PM
I like tuna or less with some black pepper, lemon pepper seasoning, bit of olive oil and some cheese (parmesan or cheddar is good) then nuked for 30 seconds or so. Goes well with some crackers or melba toast.

untamed
11-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Tonight I came home and realized I was out of Lean Cuisines, and the bread had gone bad. Put some turkey slices on crackers and called it a homemade Lunchable, lol. Bonus - it was so low fat and low cal I got to have a fat free brownie and a Pepsi for dessert!

carter
11-09-2011, 11:41 PM
On weekdays I typically get home around 8:30 and know I won't have the time or energy to do much cooking.

For that reason, a key part of my plan has been to cook lots over the weekend, so that during the week I have dinner in the refrigerator and all I have to do is heat it up.

At most I have to chop a salad or saute a vegetable, maybe 10 minutes of work. But always I have fish, dal, chicken, or some similar protein, and usually some roasted or other prepared vegetables, waiting for me every day of the week.

theox
11-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Whatever I cooked during the weekend. This week it's pork chops, lima beans, and fresh fruit. I just reheat the meat and veg, and I'm good to go.

124chicksinger
11-10-2011, 01:23 AM
whole grain toast, tomato, 2% american cheese---made in the toaster oven, open faced, sprinkled with Lawry's garlic salt and pepper mill black pepper.... always satisfying

or, Kashi puffs cereal with greek yogurt and mixed berries

maybe a smoothie

maybe a Krusteaz heart healthy buttermilk pancake with added frozen blueberries and light syrup

1 can of any type Progresso soup

These are my 3 "go to" quickies when I don't have to cook for anyone else

tommy
11-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Popcorn, a slice of cheese and a big handful of grape tomatoes. If I just go to sleep I will wake up early and starving. This also takes a little time to eat so I combine it with the winding down time on the internet or a bit of TV or a book.

ange82much
11-12-2011, 03:31 AM
a 'hearty vegetable' cup-a-soup with a couple of crackers spread with marmite or bovril and a bit of feta cheese. Or really, just go to bed and enjoy a nice breakfast!

Natasha1534
11-12-2011, 07:26 AM
I'm glad someone else said it...in all honesty, if I'm dead tired and just want to go to sleep, I just go to bed hungry.

wickedlady
11-12-2011, 11:53 AM
At the whole foods here they have these mini falafels that come in a package in the hummus section. They are low fat low calorie and high fiber (1 pointplus for 2 if you speak weight watchers). I pop a few of those in the toaster oven and eat those wrapped in salad leaves with hummus. I also usually have a few carrots and/or tomatoes, whatever raw veggies happen to be in the house.

mhill0823
11-13-2011, 10:04 PM
I usually grab a few bites of whatever leftovers I have in the fridge, enough to hold me over but not a whole meal, then I go to bed!

fatmom
11-13-2011, 10:06 PM
At that time and if i'm tired, oatmeal and a ygurt or PB on Toast!