Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 01:19 PM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~night Owls #58~

Wow - Brenda, Candice, Erica, Jill, Samantha??!!!! Alot of ole "faces". So wonderful to hear from you all.

Erica, Jill and Samantha have been gone for a LONG time. See Bren? I told ya they all come back to the "nest" eventually.

I'm going to have to be short and sweet since I'm late already. Was supposed to be at the barn hours ago. I'm going to take pictures of Missy and Moose (my standardbred mare and my miniature appaloosa). Then you can see how BIG I got too.

I'll be back tonight to chat about everything you all posted. And Jill, yes I AM close to the shuttle, 1 hour away to be exact. We could see it in the air although I wasn't watching it at the time. I was doing something.......don't remember what but when I got the news.....I was devastated. Brought back all the horrible memories of the last explosion years ago. It was a loss for the world...not just the U.S. It's amazing....the things they're doing......picturs of Mars (up close) and other awesome things that were only imaginary years ago. It never comes without a price though, does it?!

I'll "see" you all tonight.

Hugs,
Old 02-09-2003, 08:19 PM   #2  

Hi PJ,

I just copied my post from the last thread

I weighed in this morning at 174 which finally puts me under the 20lb mark. Now I am still up 19.5 but atleast I have lost a little of it, I was up to 178. My lowest was 154.5 and I strongly want to return to that point, my clothes will fit me so much better. Right now I am just not comfortable in my own skin, what a horrible feeling
Sorry I have been gone for a bit, just so depressing. Channel 3 news is trying to get a tv interview with my company over the lost astronauts. I don't know if the company will do it, we will see.

Samantha, I just got my taxes back so I went out and did some shopping for my grandson, made me feel a bit better. I have 3 girls so have never got to shop much for boys. I had alot of fun and got him some really cute things. I guess he weighs 27lbs right now He will be 5 months old on Feb 12th.

Erica, wow what a great feeling that must be to break a long plateau like that. I am so happy for you and congratulations. I don't know if you were thinking of Janessa and Taylor, my daughter and grandson but they are in Virginia Beach, VA.

Candice, how was the crockpot dinner? It sounded soooo yummy! I really have to break out my crockpot and put it to use. That is good that your son' room is done. Nice to have that off your mind.

Did any of you read women's world this week and see the
Wendie Plan[/COLOR][/B] ? It is still weight watchers but a bit more defined. I am going to give it a try. There is some information about it under the ww general forum.

Well gotta Boogie.

Brenda
Old 02-09-2003, 08:22 PM   #3  

Hey there PJ,

Sounds like things are going pretty good for you, you sound like your old self. And you look oh so good in your picture. How is Missy doing? Good I hope. It is so sad about the shuttle, I know you felt it in your heart too.
Isn't it great to have the nest a-hooting again? I just love it. I wish Setina would come back though, have been worried about her.

See Ya
Love
Bren
Old 02-14-2003, 08:53 PM   #4  

Okay, where is everyone????? Helloooooooooooooo!!!

Well I weighed in at 172.5 this morning so I am moving in the right direction finally. 17 to go to be where I was and about 30 or so to get to my final goal, boy that sounds like a long way away.

Happy Valentines Day!!

Brenda
Old 02-16-2003, 10:08 AM   #5  

Soooooooooooooooooooo! two weeks ago i lost 2.5 pounds and this weeks weigh in I gained the 1/2 pound back. I guess it was because of the valentine's treats we recieved at work from the children. oh well, I shouldn't be giving myself excuses, but when i do i always feel better! I bought some slim fast shake mix so I'm going to try that this week and see how well it works. I will count each shake to my points as well. One shake is 3 points. That's not bad at all especially since it's a meal replacement. Hopefully it will fill me up like a meal would. We'll see!

I bought two new pairs of khaki pants too for work. Smaller sizes too! I just need them so badly! When i dress in my 'big' clothes I feel so sloppy! So I plan on going through my closet and getting rid of alot of pants that I just cannot wear anymore.

The second job thing is just not working out for me. unfortunately i've been having bad luck. the people interview with are not calling back so i've just about given up. it's unfortunate but it's what i'm dealt with in my hand. i'm sure we'll manage though. i just thought i'd beable to get one and help speed things up with pay offs.

so how is everyone else doing? it's rainy and miserable here. makes you want to crawl up in bed and watch tv or read a book.

well, I'm gonna head out...laundry to do and other chores. I'll talk to you all soon. Hope everyone is doing well!

Has anyone heard from Freddie?
Old 02-17-2003, 12:25 AM   #6  

Angry

Hi Everyone!
I'm back! Anyone remember me?? I hadn't been here in so long I thought I'd check it out! I see a lot of familiar names! I'm trying to get OP so bad! I just can't seem to get there! I'm still working on trying to be "40", fit and fabulous! Unfortunately, all I've gotten thus far is 44, fat and frustrated!!

I'm determined to make this MY year and I've come back for support! It's already the end of February and I'm getting discouraged! It's soooo cold here in Boston and they are predicting another 12" of snow! I can't wait for Spring when I can get out and get walking again!

Well, it's good to "see" everyone and I hope to come back often to stay on track!
Moome
Old 02-17-2003, 05:32 PM   #7  

Hi Moome, How's it going? I bet it is really snowing there, I am just west of Worcester and boy oh boy!! Most everyone left work at noon today. We have allready got a good 10", one station is saying 18-24" for us and another is saying 18-30" Yikes, we allready have so very much on the ground, we will be lucky if we can see our houses, LOL!! I doubt if I will make it to work tomorrow, it is supposed to be real heavy til about 5am or so. Make sure you keep yourself safe and warm and most of all stay off the roads. Check in now and then so we know you are safe. I hope we don't lose electricity.

Hi Erica, sorry the job didn't work out for you, maybe it is just not meant to be. Hang in there.

See Ya
Bren
Old 02-22-2003, 09:10 AM   #8  

Hey guys..how are you all doing? I'm doing great! I've just weighed myself and I've lost 5 pounds. My total loss is 41 pound. that's the most i've EVER LOST!!!!

I hope everyone is going to have as good of a day as I am! Take care everyone!

erica
Old 02-23-2003, 02:41 AM   #9  
Just girl striving 4 thin

Hey Erica are you still drinking the slim fast shakes for breakfast? I was doing that and was not loosing weight so I thought that it contained too much sugar...maybe taht was not my problem. I would loose .6 or 1.6 then .6 But in teh beginning I was loosing more like 2.8 and 6.6 one time... I was going over my journal (a wonderful thing) and thought maybe it was my sugar intake...my excercise was good (7 days a week) my points were good (usually hit the high but definately teh low) and only drink water... So I stopped the shakes and trying a real breakfast for a week to see if anything changes... ANy words of advice???
Old 02-23-2003, 10:30 AM   #10  

Hey Sheree....I drink the shakes for breakfast and lunch and then have a dinner. Everything is accounted for as well and journaled. I continue to drink 64oz of water as well. Now between my shake and lunch time I will eat a Banana and between my second shake(lunch) I'll eat some popcorn or something else on the healthy side.

Were you just having the shake for breakfast? It says to have it for breakfast and lunch and then a meal at night.

Let me know how it goes.

Talk to you later.

Erica
Old 02-24-2003, 07:41 AM   #11  

Hi owls........just not losing a thing but op and staying the same so that is a good thing I guess (would still like to lose my cookie weight to feel more comfy though.)

My son is still not moved in yet and I hope he can wait for the better weather..cause he will have to drive a bit to get to school and work and he is in the lab untill 3AM some times! He isgoing for some med school interviews in March..DH will go with him..traveling is just to hard on me for an overnite trip. I am traveling through all of your eyes!
Old 02-28-2003, 04:18 AM   #12  

Found the best 1 pt cookies at Kroger..they are called oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Natural Oven Baker makes them..they have omega-3 in them and a bunch of healthy stuff..3 grams of fiber too! What a find! Yummmmmm!
Old 03-03-2003, 01:08 PM   #13  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default Wow.......where is everyone?

I know I'm guilty as charged. My life has been.......uh.........well.........let's just say I haven't had my sh** together lately. I feel so UNorganized and it's hard to get back on track......not just with the WW program but with getting into a schedule as per keeping the house "chores" (hate that phrase) up to date. Speaking of, Bill is out of town for a week. It's been a while since he's traveled for more than a couple of days. He's in California.......by ET aka MIchele.

I know there are a few of us who have fallen off track and geeeeez......all I can say is that I've done it before (lost a substantial amount of weight) at one time in my life and I remember how good it felt. I WANT THAT FEELING BACK. I am over 200 pounds now!!!!!! Yep, you heard right. Got on the scale this morning and I'm 205. So, as of today I will not get on that scale until next Monday. I AM making a fresh start and if and when I feel like going "off"......I'll drink my water. That's the plan.
I'm also depressed again. Getting ready to call my doctor and see if I need a change of meds. I'm STILL in my PJ's and it's 12:58 in the afternoon on a beautiful 70 degrees day! WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING ON HERE????????????

I could probably tell you why I've ballooned up so much.....I haven't been on program AT ALL and have been drinking beer in the evening at the stables........not eating breakfast or lunch and then having dinner and letting it lie there. So it's back to walking the dogs every night and riding Missy every day......wether I really want to or not. I'll just have to MAKE the time. Hope you're all behind me because I really need my OWL BUDS right now. So come out and post with me so I can brag or cringe....depending on wether or not I was ON or OFF program for the day.

I miss you all. I've been keeping track of the weather up North and I don't envy any of you......and here I was yesterday....complaining about how HOT it was........LOL........today has cooled off and we've got a breeze.....THAT'S what it's supposed to be like this time of year in Florida. Hope it stays like this.

O.K. - I'm outta here. I'm dragging my sorry A** away from this computer and into the shower............then I'm outside and who knows what next. Have a good, good day girls.!
Hugs to you all,
Old 03-04-2003, 09:09 AM   #14  

Hi Pam:

Glad to see you here. I check in every now and then, but find the interest here sort of has dwindled. Guess everyone is busy with stuff and don't always have time to come here.

Hope you get back on track and stay there. It's always a battle isn't it?? Just as long as we win the war.

I'm outta of here.

Have a good one.

Sue
Old 03-04-2003, 01:56 PM   #15  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hey Sue
Good to "see" you. It's 1:33pm and I still haven't gotten dressed. I DID however, clean up the house and am doing laundry so all is not a total waste today. Haven't eaten anything yet either. I'm planning on cooking three pork chops before they go bad and then cutting them up in strips....mixing it with rice and beef broth and mixed frozen veggies. I'll figure the points out later but it can't be too many.....since there isn't any butter or fat (I braise the chops in water and drain it out afterwards). I'll let you know how it comes out......just an idea I came up with to use up the chops for dinner tonight.

I think I'm going to have some oatmeal with a little brown sugar and FF milk for now. It's filling and I love the stuff. Just been too lazy to make it lately but my tummy wants it.......
I notice some of you have your journals on here. I'm not ready to post mine yet. Wouldn't be very interesting. Once I get started......I'll talk about this week and how I got back OP.....then I'll post my progress as time goes on. Sounds like a plan....eh Sue?

Ok girls.......I'm off to shower and then to town. "See" you all later.......HOPEFULLY........

P.S. - I've attached a picture of myself (middle) with two freinds of mine. The woman (Claudia) is the wife of the man I break/train cow ponies for and the man is "Lewis"...one of the best "ropers"/cowboys in Florida. Good, good people. Claudia's husband was inside after having back surgery....his name is Tommy and he's what you'd call a "real" cowboy from waaaaay back. We don't always agree with our training techniques but I've learned alot from him and Lewis.

Hugs,

Last edited by PJ; 03-04-2003 at 02:01 PM.
Closed Thread