Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-09-2011, 06:01 AM   #1  
I kick bootie.

S/C/G: 239/208/170

Height: 5'7"

Default New Girl ~ ROXIE

Hello everyone! I've been posting on another site forever - and it's always helpful when I do - but I find the chatting on there is getting a little slow. So, I'm hoping to make some new friends here!

I'm a school teacher in Boston, MA, US. I've always been a decently healthy eater, but love food. I like to exercise, but I've recently had rather busy people telling me "I don't know how you do all this and _____ (fill in the blank with any of my 5 other programs)." Which leads me to believe I'm a little busy

Last year I finally said I wanted to get into shape. I paid for a personal trainer, and immediately started to feel pain in my knee. 6 months later, I had surgery for it. During rehab, I fell on it, and re-injured it, and a couple months later i ended up in the hospital with pneumonia! After that rash of stuff, I made a big change in my life. Sold my house, took off on a month long road trip, re-thought what I want out of life...and came back and started to lose weight. So far, 4 months and almost 30 pounds later, I'm still on track. I'm determined to become the thin me inside!!

Summer vacation was easy to work out and lose weight. I got on a regular schedule, yoga 4 nights a week, physical therapy 2-3 nights a week (between the knee and the elbow), and running/walking with the dog 4-5 times a week.

NOW - school is back in session. I'm busy from 6AM to 8 or 9PM. It's frustrating. I get up at 4:30 just to run and do *something* (but no gyms are open) - but it's a struggle. I've had a cold/sinus infection/cold/no voice/ickiness for over a month now. Doc prescribed rest. I took two days last week and slept. I feel better, but it being Wednesday, I already feel run down again! Yikes!!

So - here I am. I have a three day weekend with NO PLANS this weekend. My goal is to go to at least two yoga classes and set up an awesome schedule for the week ahead that includes yoga, PT, and running. I'm going to also plan to start back with my trainer in December. This CAN and WILL be done!!

My work is doing a Biggest Loser like challenge until April. I can reach my goal weight by then if I'm diligent. And I'm a freak crazy competitor. So - let's do this!

ROXIE

Last edited by BostonFitGirl; 11-09-2011 at 06:02 AM.
BostonFitGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/110

Wow you have done great already!! Congratulations!

Thats awesome that your a teacher, thats what im studying to be at the moment.

Sounds like you have a hectic work schedule! Do you have any 24/7 gyms in your area?

Look forward to seeing you meet your goals
goodbyefatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! Hope your on the mend healthwise, sounds like you have really has some struggles to deal with.
Congrats on you weight loss success to date, 30lbs is amazing in four months!
If you are willing to get up early to exercise but cannot find a gym that is open, I would suggest getting some DVD's to work out with or going on craigslist and finding an inexpensive treadmill or elliptical you can use from home. I get up early 5 days a week and work out in my basement, I have slowly added equipment to use: weight machine, elliptical, free weights, treadmill etc.
Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #4  
I kick bootie.

S/C/G: 239/208/170

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the notes! There are no 24 hour gyms within a reasonable distance. Oddly, there is one that is less than 5 miles away - but in the city, that is forever away - and can take up to half hour to get there. Crazy, no?

Bright side - My personal trainer is across the street, and yoga is next door. The running has been good, and when the weather gets worse, my schedule should be a little better so I can work out after school more. I'll have to if I want to meet up with the trainer! I have some videos and games that kick my butt, but my floor in my tiny tiny tiny apartment is this solid tile on concrete - and it KILLS my knees to do anything in here. Yuck!

There is also a track at my school - so I can do that too. i will get this done. There is always a way!!

ROXIE
BostonFitGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 246 / 246 /150

Height: 5'6"

Do not be discouraged. You can do it. I am new also and just starting induction phase, first day, You have done so well already, keep it up.
chrissyx123 is offline   Reply With Quote