South Beach Diet - Anyone lose nothing on first week of P1?

Emily928
11-07-2011, 01:21 PM
I finished up my first week on SBD, and was so proud of myself for planning out all my meals and snacks in advance and not cheating once! Unfortunately I got on the scale this a.m. (I only weigh weekly) and I'm down a whopping 0.5 lbs! :mad: I really expected a lot more. I have had success on SB in the past (a while ago), and I think I may be a "slow loser" but I never remember it being this bad. So much for the promised 8-12 pounds in P1! I know there are a million variables that could affect why I'm not losing, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had little or no loss the first week then seen the pace increase. Not the typical SBD experience, which is making it really hard for me to keep the motivation to stay on it! Thanks!!

jyoyo78
11-07-2011, 03:10 PM
I experienced something similar when I returned to SBD. I think I lost like 2 or 3 lbs during Phase 1. But, it continually comes off each week...every now and then I have a slight gain...but over all I am down...and feeling MUCH better when I eat right. Don't be discouraged, just keep plugging along. And make sure you measure yourself too. Sometimes I notice it more in my measurements than in the scale :)

mzKiki
11-07-2011, 03:30 PM
This is my 2nd time doing sbd. The 1st time I lost 13 lbs in 2 wks on ph1, this time I lost about 6. Last time I really had a horrible diet. I ate any and everything.
I have been eating healthier and calorie counting since January and haven't eaten really bad for me foods since last year. I'm thinking this is the reason for the slower loss. I ate lots of carbs, but not in the forms of chips or pastries so I'm thinking there was less detox necessary. Less water weight and therefore less loss.
Ph1 is really about detox anyway and the weight loss is a wonderful bonus.
How are your cravings? Gone? How do you feel? Great? Maybe do some measurments now and check them at the end of week 2.
I've also noticed that even though I have lost less my body has changed more.
Try not and get too discouraged. You are making progress.

hpnodat
11-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Don't worry about it. The weight you'll lose at first is just water weight anyway or at least that's what everyone says.
I agree with Ph1 being about detox. It's totally worth it too!

jenne1017
11-07-2011, 11:12 PM
post to us a couple of menus to help you plan out and see where you can expand a bit mre :) Or maybe we can see if there is something you are overdoing?

Natasha1534
11-08-2011, 01:20 AM
mzKiki said what I was going to say. I lost a lot of weight my first time around on Phase I. I've returned to Phase I recently (tomorrow is my last day) and I've only lost 4 pounds. BUT the change in diet LAST time I was on Phase I vs. the change in diet THIS time is not as severe. Makes sense, really.