100 lb. Club - major breakthrough-portion control on my "trigger" foods

suzie76
02-08-2003, 06:25 PM
Hi,

Yesterday we were stuck in cause of the snow. My work was closed (thank goodness)

Now normally, while stuck in I would always bake brownies or cookies.

I didn't do that-instead, since I had a chocolate craving, I had ONE TABLESPOON of lowfat frozen yogurt. And I stopped! I was satisfied, and didn't want any more. I bought a pint last Sunday, and I still have left :) That has never happened before!

Today at lunch, I was out after a dr's a appointment. Afterwards, I really wanted a bagel. I haven't eaten one in about four months. Instead of getting a sesame seed bagel slathered in cream cheese, potato chips and a soda, I got a whole grain bagel with turkey, mustard and tomato-no cheese, diet iced tea. It came with a portion of potato salad. I had three very small bites of the potato salad and threw the rest of it out. I did eat the whole bagel, but I didn't have any snacks this morning (after a breakfast of whole wheat toast and low fat cottage chees) and no afternoon snacks either.

It feels so good to be in control :)

Sherry

KittyMilk
02-08-2003, 06:43 PM
Way to go! That is so important to be able to do. The first time I either turned down or threw out fast food I knew I had made a turning point. Now it's quiet easy to throw dh's unwanted fries in the bin or choose a diet coke and wholemeal sandwhich. Doesn't it just feel the greatest afterwards knowing you've had the control and power to be so strong? That feeling is way better then any greasy meal could be!
Congrats Sherry!

Kitty

jiffypop
02-08-2003, 06:44 PM
wow sherry!!!! can you be my idol!!! that's fabulous news!!!!!

SuchAPrettyFace
02-09-2003, 03:25 AM
Alright Sherry! You made good choices!!! :D