Old 11-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7

Question weight loss and boobs

I am at the beginning of my weight loss journey. I have tried several times before and have lost a bit of weight but not enough..and then I gained it back. The change I've made this time is to get a work out buddy...so we can motivate eachother. So this time it WILL be different. On to my question though.

I am 5'7 and I'm around 50 pounds overweight. And despite having all that extra weight I still have small breasts. I am between an A and B cup I would say. And I have heard from others that when they lost the weight they wanted, they got smaller breasts too. What I am wondering is, if you have small breasts and you lose a fair amount of weight, will the breast become smaller too? Like...almost non existent?
Nile1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I went from a DD to an a/b cup. Now, I have settle into a solid B.

My thoughts? It is much easier to wear a padded bra than to hide 50 pounds! Dont let it deter you from getting fit!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW210/CW189/GW115

Height: 5ft

No one can tell you what you're going to look like when you lose weight... your body has a mind of its own when it comes to where the fat is going to disappear from.

Regardless though, you shouldn't stress yourself over these little things... I'd rather be thin, healthy and flat chested than overweight and out of breath just to maintain some boobage

And if it bothers you that much you can always have a boob job as a reward for meeting you goal weight if you're not happy with your breast when you get there.
luckyme0510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 161/132/120

Height: 5'2

I have lost 35lbs so far and have gone down one cup size - but the rest of me has gone down three sizes so my boobs look bigger!

I feel so much better and clothes shopping is now so much easier! Keep going and don't give up.
Michelle2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #5  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I started out a DD and now they're pretty much gone. I'd much rather wear a padded bra than try to hide 100 lbs . Plus, huge boobs would look weird on my small new frame!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #6  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I don't have small boobs... BUT I will say that my cup size has actually gone up A LOT since losing weight. The reason? I've lost quite a bit off of my back and not my bust itself (I blogged about it with my measurements here if you're interested).

Also... make sure you're wearing the right size bra, what are your underbust/bust measurements? Remember your band measurement=underbust so it might be that you actually have a bigger cup size then you think (most women wear too large of a band size and too small of a cup size).

FWIW, even though my boobs have flattened out quite a bit (I also nursed DD for two years and was well over 50bls overweight), they still look amazing in a well-fitting bra. Now, if my bra doesn't fit that's another story, though!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #7  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

It really, really depends on you. I started out as a 40D/42D depending on the bra...now I'm a 34D.

Technically when measured I should be a 34E, but trying on that bra I found that the cups had too much room, same thing with a 34DD. My breasts were never quite round and full, unfortunately weight loss hasn't helped that...

I fill out a 34D nicely and my boobs look AWESOME in it. A well-fitting bra does wonders!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:27 AM   #8  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Well I started as a 38B and I'm now a 34B. I can see my boos are smaller, but you know what? I can wear a wonderbra now and I will choose small boob over being overweight anytime!
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/199

Height: 5'10

My boobs seem to never change size. They look even bigger when I'm thinner but I have stayed a 38dd since 6th grade - for better, worse, college athlete, overweight couch potato. So that's my story but I think everyone is different in this area just as with everything else.
nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:46 AM   #10  

If you end up with 2 wrinkled up raisins, you can always wear a padded bra or get implants.

But when you lose the 50 pounds, you will look fabulous everywhere else.

Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem.
Henry Kissinger
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:04 AM   #11  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLINA View Post
If you end up with 2 wrinkled up raisins, you can always wear a padded bra or get implants.

But when you lose the 50 pounds, you will look fabulous everywhere else.

Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem.
Henry Kissinger
Hahaha!! I love this
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 169.75/125/125

Height: 5'2.75"

I've gotten down to a 30 underbust at the moment and this is from wearing 34/36 bands, so while I don't think they've shrunk, my band size definitely has. I haven't gone shopping for new bras just yet - it's on my list to do this month, but I don't think the cup size will have changed much, though the band definitely has.
d130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:21 AM   #13  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nest View Post
My boobs seem to never change size. They look even bigger when I'm thinner but I have stayed a 38dd since 6th grade - for better, worse, college athlete, overweight couch potato. So that's my story but I think everyone is different in this area just as with everything else.
Just curious if you measured yourself during that time? I'm not saying it couldn't happen but your band size should be your underbust measurement (tight) and you'd have to have very large ribs to have a 38" underbust at a healthy weight. It certainly could be that the volume of your breasts hasn't changed (that happened to me too for a long time, although they've gone down recently) but I'm very surprised to hear that your underbust measurement hasn't.

Sorry to bother you, but I just haven't heard of anyone that has had this happen before.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/199

Height: 5'10

Runningfromfat - I've never had a measurement in my entire life so it is entirely possible that that isn't the size that I'm supposed to wear. I must say though that that has been what has fit since I was 12 and even now I am not someone who carries weight on my back or around my chest...I've got the lower inner tube going on. Also, I have been described as "broad chested", "barrel chested" and "built like a linebacker" - at my lowest weight when wearing 7/8 pants. I am not a proportional chick! So you could well be right but considering the closest store that even sells bras (wal-mart) is an hour away and I am not going to get my bra measured by the formerly retired lady who opens the dressing room I just go with what works! Thanks for the thought though...maybe a trip to a nice store and a bra measurement will be a treat when I reach some goals!
nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #15  

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate it. I was just thinking on a small breast woman who is overweight that the breast would shrink into noting once I lost the weight..but of course there are stuff out there to help if that situation should come up.

runningfromfat: As for meassurments..I am not really sure. We use a different system here. I can say that right now I use a 85B bra..I went to meassure my underbust though and it was 95 cm so I dont know..When it comes to meassurments I'm kinda new to it..
Nile1988 is offline   Reply With Quote