Other Reduced Carb Diets - Dukan Diet Support Part 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Dukan Diet Support Part 2

April Snow
11-04-2011, 01:04 PM
maxed out the old thread, keep on Dukaning!

Rosinante
11-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Waving on new thread!

I gave weighing a miss yesterday, and today am back down to good old 202.2. Heyho. This gives me a total loss over the last 6 days of 0.0lbs.
I'm assuming that it's a bit of water retention that my body's been frightened into. Of the last 6 days, 5 of them have been PP, and honestly, 100% truthful, no deviation. Something better shift soon!
:D

April Snow
11-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Rosinante -

are you drinking enough water? And are you doing the 30 minutes of walking/exercise consistently? Those are specific parts of the program, and I do find that they make a big difference for me.

And my personal experience - are you getting a good night's sleep? I generally see a big change on the scale when I manage to get some extra sleep.

Rosinante
11-06-2011, 05:16 AM
Yes, I'm drinking a lot of water. (Apart from drinking a lot throughout the day, every time I go to the bathroom, even at night, I drink another glass before I leave)
Yes, I'm getting the exercise in.

From the simple point of view of chemistry (or whatever science it is) going by the amount of food I'm eating, that alone should lose me weight. I guess it'll shift soon.

Rosinante
11-07-2011, 04:08 AM
Finally, 1lb gone. hurrah.
I'm starting 4 days PP today, 3 days PV come Friday. My challenge for this week is NOT to weigh until Friday morning, then Monday, so that I can start to see the pattern of difference between PP and PV days.

I'm struggling with the cost of this diet though, that could be the deal breaker. However, I love that my skin is unbelievably good, and that I have no food cravings whatsoever!

Samadhi
11-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Hi, been off program due to family issues. One aunt had a heart attach and another one had a stroke this last weekend so I have been at the hopital for two days. Needless to say I haven't cared about what I am eating but at work today so it will be a Dukan day.

I am not stressing about this set back, I had gone to 238 but am now back to 240, as I know when things settle down I have Dukan "in my blood" now and will be a loser again soon.

Rosinante: Congrats on the loss

April: thanks for starting a new thread

Double D 4ever
11-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Hi Peeps...

So I am calling myself Double D, not for the fact that you know, boobies are big, but for the fact that I plan to do the Dukan Diet and be on it 4ever. It will be the last "diet" I ever do.

I have been on SO many... Earlier this year I was doing pretty well following WW as a guideline but mostly eating health and exercising... I went from 210lbs to 181 lbs and back up to 185lbs where I have been stuck.

The fluctuation b/w the lbs is due to the fact that in July I was out bike riding and was hit by a car that some 90 year old was driving *le sigh* so I have been in physio since August and walk with a cane... exercise is really hard, and sometimes depression kicks in, as a result, the lbs stick to you. It doesn't help that I am a carb whore!!!!!

IN addition to WW, I have done, Jenny Craig, meal replacement shakes, various pills, Dr Berstein (the one in Canada not the diabetes doctor book one), gourmet diet meal delivery, SureSlim, starvation, OA, GI Diet... well you name it, I have done it. Funny thing, I was a skinny little thing my entire life, was put on BC pills rather young which I recently found out was due to PCOS/Endometriosis, and gained weight from that... and then was misdiagnosed with diabetes - AHHHHHHH long story short (as I have babbled on here), I really want to get healthy and be fit and eventually maybe even have a baby despite all the health blocks.

I have heard that Dukan has been very successful because it is practical and introduces you back to food correctly. Although I will miss the carbs, I can totally live off of protein (mmm chicken, fish and steak oh my!)

So peeps... what is the biggest challenge for you on DD? (Btw, I start the attack phase officially tomorrow as I grocery shop tonight).

Cheers!

April Snow
11-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Welcome DD!

I love Dukan, and find it super easy to stick with. I've been on it since May 22 and have lost over 60 lbs so far.

For me, the biggest challenge is planning and prepping. Make sure you've got your on plan foods available all the time, including for snacks. I like to boil up a dozen and a half eggs at a time - sometimes I will just eat the egg white, if I have had enough whole eggs that day. I also like to keep cold cooked chicken and/or sliced low salt deli meat around. Make sure to eat somethng any time you are hungry, but make sure that you've got on plan food readily accessible for those times. Make sure to eat your oat bran - most days, I make a quick little porridge with sweetener and cinnamon and hot water and then add a dash of milk. But the Dukan galettes are also really delicious - I just don't have time to make one every day but they are a nice treat on the weekends.

I am not in Conso yet in terms of adding back in foods but two of my friends have made it through Cruise and are now successfully maintaining their weight in Conso.

CanuckJ
11-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Welcome Double D!!

Congrats on starting Dukan! 1 month = 15lbs for me (sorta), and I have done JC and WW as well. So far I love this diet and find it fairly easy to stay on (sorta). Agree with April, having the snacks handy makes a big difference, also April is awesome, huge motivation and has great ideas! The oatmeal from the oat bran made a huge difference for me. So yah, listen to April :p

Two things:

Positive - found a new snack idea - I made egg bites with turkey bacon and soy cheese. Basically, cupcake tin (use the tin as the paper spilled so I also got an omelette out of it). Layer the turkey bacon and cheese on bottom and then whipped eggs on top. Cook at 400 - easy peasy! What I liked about it is for 6 of them I only used four eggs, two pieces of bacon and a little bit of cheese but it felt quite substantial. So there ya go, new snack idea!

Negative - So I did finally have a full on cheat day. I broke down and had bag of chips (crisps) and cookies and milk. This was planned, I had been obsessing for days about chips and cookies. Little TMI but in my late teens/early 20's I was a total Binge and purger. The book makes a pretty good point about dealing with many people's mental attachments and issues with food. This incident just reminded me that to be 100% successful I have to deal with this side of me. All I could thing to do yesterday to stop the obsessing was control the binge. So 1 small bag of baked chips later and 6 cookies and 1lb up later. I know I will be back down the 1lb and more as I enjoy and find this diet very workable, and I am very motivated to get the weight off.

Anyways, I wanted to share that because for some there are health problems, lifestyle changes that effected their weight gain. For others like me there is a much more complicated issue with food and this isn't something to be ashamed of but just something to be aware of. I had ignored the part about mental health and I know that was why the bad day. Old food demons popping back. So month 2 on Dukan for me will be focusing on why the urge to binge and secret eat as well as ways to overcome it. Which is also a very essential part of dieting I forgot!!

Ok - enough blah blah blah. Thanks for "listening" and have I mentioned I love this diet and this forum lately? :D

CanuckJ
11-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Samadhi - also, your responses and advice have been invaluable as well! (Couldn't remember how to spell your user name last post)

Very sorry about the family troubles. Sending positive vibes and love from Canada!

Rosinante
11-08-2011, 04:09 AM
My challenge for this week is NOT to weigh until Friday morning, then Monday, so that I can start to see the pattern of difference between PP and PV days.

Oops, broken that promise already. Didn't mean to, I just went onto automatic pilot this morning. 1.4lbs off! Woohoo!

In 2lbs more I will have lost a stone, a big mental barrier.

In 1 ounce more, heck, in 1 gram more, I will be out of the 200s, which is an even bigger mental barrier. Over 200lbs, I have no respect or love for myself whatsoever, crazy but true.

Samadhi
11-08-2011, 08:35 AM
CanuckJ: We all have our reasons for this dang weight that we have to conquer, understand and figure out.

Thanks for sharing yours - I am an emotional eater even though I do have a couple medical issues that I also have to cope with also. However, thanks to Dukan I finally feel I can truly do this. "Nice" feeling!! :)

Double D 4ever
11-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Thank you for the welcomes!!! I feel so loved! :carrot:

Wow @ April Snow - 60 lbs - Congrats!!!! You must be SO proud of yourself!!1 Great job!

Well today is day one... and CanuckJ, the oat bran will be my saviour as well, and I made oat bran muffins so I can have them in the AM with my tea.

I am also worried about cheat days. I have the tendency to finish a whole container of Nutella on my own and I am not even that addicted to chocolate! I too went through the teenage years/early 20s of binging, eating disorders etc...and the sad thing was, I really was a skinny mini. Samadhi is right though, when it comes to weight and the reasons why it is there, or remains there, or comes off and comes back... well it is a neverending cycle of understanding and learning things about ourselves.

My biggest challenge I guess over the next 2 month is eating out. I am not too concerned about PV days since you know, I can get a steak and veggies or whatever... I am more concerned about the attack phase...

How do I handle eating out this week, I may have to eat out 3 times, including tonight... and that one is in a fast food court!!! AHHH! :?:

CanuckJ
11-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Double D - going to be honest I skipped eating out while in Attack Phase. Oh, I still went out, to two potlucks even! I ate before hand. The friends I knew well I told them why, others I just said I wasn't hungry. That tends to work just fine.

Although when at restaurants you should be able to ask for plain chicken, or fish and then just don't eat the sides. At a food court, well I would again recommend eating beforehand but if not possible, order a grilled chicken sandwich (A&W, DQ's and McDonalds all have them), make sure to ask for no sauce and then just eat the chicken. That would be my suggestion anyways

Good Luck!

And funny enough, I was tiny in my teens/early 20's too. We are too rough on ourselves when young I think!

Rosinante
11-09-2011, 04:14 AM
The oatbran is definitely key to this, I'm sure!

It's not that I crave for carbs, I honestly, truly don't. (In the first week of this diet, for example, I made a dessert for a church social that involved digestive biscuits (graham crackers), pudding in two flavours and melted chocolate - I didn't even think to taste!) It's that I find the bran keeps everything 'regular' and not just that, 'bulked up'. On other low carb diets I've tried, after a brief euphoric phase, I've had terrible bathroom difficulties of the 'far too fast' variety. Sorry but the fact that that's not a problem this time is keeping me to it.

199.8 this morning - I'm no longer in the 200s. :carrot: 11lbs in 3 weeks, can't complain. :)

Rosinante
11-09-2011, 04:50 AM
DD - how long Attack are you doing?
I logged onto the dukan.co.uk website - it doesn't commit you to payment - and put in my stats as instructed. The suggestion was for only 4 days' Attack, and I think that, as much as anything, drew me to the programme, no having to stick with the strictest phase until XX pounds have been lost.

During Attack, I did have to eat out just once in the 4 days and had steak and salad. OK, I didn't eat much at all of the salad but it looked like an ordinary plate of food, I didn't have to make too many requests at the bar. I still lost 6lbs in the 4 days, so the lettuce didn't kill me. :)

In fact, I enjoyed Attack so much that I decided to do it on the first 4 days of every month. I do find it expensive, because I won't buy cheap, factory-farmed meat, but very easy to stick to.

CanuckJ
11-09-2011, 05:37 AM
Rosinante, congrats on getting under 200!!

Also testing to see if my signature will show up now..... And it did! Yaaaa! The visual of the ticker really is motivating.

Flora37
11-09-2011, 05:54 AM
Hello again everyone.

I went away on vacation for a 10 day cruise (the ship kind, not the dukan kind!)

I put on 1lb during the vacation (I had 3 martinis on my birthday and finding non-breaded or battered meats was a challenge at times) but since returning I am back on plan completely and have lost again.

I have 2 more lbs to go before I have lost 2 stones in weight. Amazing. I love Dukan.

Welcome to the new posters and hello again to the regular posters...

Flora x

Double D 4ever
11-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Woot - good news is, that I survived an outing of eating and I think I did okay...

So I decided to eat Villa Madina, those of you not in the GTA, Ontario area, this is a great med food place that I usually just love with all the fixin's but I had their schwarma chicken and a kebob. It was rather filling and after day 1 on meat, I feel like a T-Rex! For dessert, I had a NF Lattee and a Fat Free, No Sugar Frozen Yogurt from Yogen Fruz... now, I wasn't sure if this was allowed or not, but it seem to fit the criteria... so I risked it (esp. since my friend was having a FULL ON ICE CREAM :dizzy: )

@Rosinante - I am doing the Attack phase for 7 days, however, the dinner I need to go to on Thursday may prove to be challenging so to 'make up for it' I will most likely do an extra attack day. I did do the chart thing on the website and it indicated 7 days for me on attack. Congrats on getting out of the 200s! I know that wonderful feeling... I experienced it earlier this year when I finally went from 210 to 199! :carrot: from the sensible diet and exercise I was able to do until about July-ish (car accident).

The bathroom is also my concern. We have a history of gallbladder and colon cancer in the fam. I have also had problems doing the #2 deed, however, my first day on dukan yesterday and I went 2x! So I was quite pleased @ that!

@Flora37 - thanks for the welcome and congrats on surviving the vacation challenges... good on you for martini or two, or three lol we are still living life here and it is important to enjoy it!

Rosinante
11-10-2011, 05:06 AM
Thanks, CanuckJ, congratulations on the ticker! (and the weightloss :) )

Flora37 - you only gained 1lb on a cruise?!? Well done! You've really hacked this way of eating!

DD - Well done on your food choices! I've got the same two medical histories in my family too but the oatbran seems to be a total saviour in the bathroom, so feeling pretty safe at the moment.

Samadhi
11-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi, I am NOT doing well on this right now. My Aunt had a major stroke on Saturday and passed yesterday - dieting just doesn't seem so important at the moment.

So, I am going to get through the next two days and go on Attach on Sunday.

It is nice having the Attach Phase just there waiting to help out when needed.

DD: I have the same issues in the same room as you!!!! :o However, bran hasn't helped me at all. I have started added wheat also as Dukan suggested but "nothing"!!! I am even trying to take longer strides when I do the treadmill - in case that would help. :) QUIT LAUGHING I am on a mission to figure this out!!!!

Double D 4ever
11-10-2011, 11:27 AM
@Rosinante - Thanks :) I was quite pleased with the food choices. And thankfully yesterday's outing was cancelled so I only need to worry about today!

Today's outing includes an eastern european food fare, so it will be tougher, I am figuring I will need to do an extra day on Attack. I did buy cappucino flavoured yogurt last night, it isn't fat free, but the content is so low, I thought I would risk it. I have so little, about 4oz, but the taste of FF yogurt isn't that appealing. Perhaps it is just the brand I had purchased!

@Samadhi - I am sorry that you are going through a tough time. My condolences to you and your family, and you are absolutely right, who thinks about dieting at a time like that?

LOL @ Treadmill... I am laughing b/c I used to do that too!!! :hug: Actually what works for me is about 1 x a week I use Milk of Magnesium and it assists in clearing out my system, it is a really light laxative. I have no other choice sometimes but to use it! Have you tried benefibre? I heard that works for some. Also now apparently you can get yogurt with fibre added to it, I may attempt that.

bythegraceofGod
11-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Samadhi, I am going to start Sunday as well on attack phase. I have done Atkins before and lost a good bit for me. I did HCG over the summer and lost 22. I have gained back about 7 pounds and want to lose about 20 pounds. The website said to do Attack for 3 days but I may try to go for 4. I am really ready to get the rest of my weight off. I have a bet with myself to be back to 125 before I turn 50 in June.

Rosinante
11-12-2011, 03:31 AM
A question for those who've been dukaning for a while, especially if you're post-menopause:
Do you notice fluid retention fluctuations, even on this diet?

In the first 4 days of Attack, my ankles finally went back to bony. Hurrah! I'd been starting to get elephant legs.

I'm coming to the end of my 4th week, and am wondering about fluid retention still happening, albeit to a smaller degree.

I am eating plan-ily, I am getting the exercise, I am drinking the water.
I notice the fluid retention on PP days, it's not the veg. that's doing it.

Tom and Flo ran off hand in hand a couple of years ago. Hurrah again!

I just like to know why these things happen, wondered if anyone had any insights.
Ta.

April Snow
11-12-2011, 11:16 AM
I haven't been posting here for a bit because I have been sick with a bad infection and strep throat. I'm on some heavy duty antibiotics and have had to go off my very low carb plan and eat carbs in order to tolerate the meds. I'm up about 5 lbs from the carbs but I'm not too worried, I know it will come off pretty quickly when I can get back to Dukan. If I had had more time and energy, I might have tried to do it more as a true Conso week but I've been eating non-whole grain pretzels and crackers for the most part, although yesterday, I figured what the heck and treated myself to some pad thai.

But even aside from being sick, I definitely do not like the way I feel eating all of these carbs. Granted, it's hard to separate out being tired from the strep, vs. being lower energy eating carb, but I am also MUCH hungrier and munchier now so I am assuming at least some of the rest of how I feel is directly related to the food and not just the illness, esp. now that I'm halfway done with the abx.

I am going to try working out today at least, first time in over a week now because I've just been too tired.

April Snow
11-12-2011, 11:20 AM
A question for those who've been dukaning for a while, especially if you're post-menopause:
Do you notice fluid retention fluctuations, even on this diet?

not post-menopause, but interestingly, the first 4 months on Dukan, I didn't see much of an impact related to TOM. I still lost weight every week, maybe slightly less the week before TOM and then a little bit of a whoosh once AF arrived, but nothing too dramatic.

Last month was the first time that there was really an impact - gained 3.6 lbs about 2 weeks before TOM, but then had some huge whooshes to make up for it.

This month is all wonky now (as I just posted about) so hard to say what impact TOM has but now I am not assuming that Dukan will negate any fluctuations and I think I just got lucky those first few months.

Rosinante
11-13-2011, 05:42 AM
As of this morning, Exactly 13lbs gone now, in 3 weeks and 6 days.
I would dearly love to be a stone off by tomorrow but that's just vanity speaking! However, I'm still a bit puffy of ankle today, so I'm going to drink like a fish and see if that flushes things through. If it doesn't, then my True Weight Loss will still be 13lbs, which is not a bad start.

Confession: to get this scales reading, I went to the bathroom, got weighed, got washed and dressed, had a sudden urge and went back to the bathroom again, got undressed again, got weighed again. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this?!? :D

Good luck to all the other Duckies.

luvs_violets
11-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Can anyne tell me how to make the oatbran gallette (pancake)Thanks:dizzy:

Samadhi
11-14-2011, 08:34 AM
But even aside from being sick, I definitely do not like the way I feel eating all of these carbs. Granted, it's hard to separate out being tired from the strep, vs. being lower energy eating carb, but I am also MUCH hungrier and munchier now so I am assuming at least some of the rest of how I feel is directly related to the food and not just the illness, esp. now that I'm halfway done with the abx.

April I was thinking this morning the very things you posted about eating carbs.

As you know due to a death in the family I haven't watched what I ate and could definately tell. I am glad (not that you had to go through this but that it confirms my thoughts) to know I am also MUCH hungrier and munchier now - I couldn't believe my cravings - I was obsessed with eating...carbs are like a drug!!!!

Anyway, back on Attack starting today.

Hope you are feeling better, April.

Rosinante I have to say I have never done that. My scale only gets to see me once in the morning - after that I stay away.

Flora37
11-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Samadhi - sorry for your loss.
April Snow - sorry to hear you have been unwell.

Glad others are doing so well. It is a definite motivator when you hear how well everyone does on Dukan when we stick to the plan.

I am having a good Dukan week this week so hopeful of a pound or too more lost (Thursday is my weighing day) My next goal is those 2 pounds as it will be 2 stones in weight gone.... then the next goal will be 200lbs. Then 3 stones in weight etc etc... I have to have smaller goals to reach for as the end game figures seem so far away :-(

But I have the next 2 days in meetings so it will be tougher. I WILL avoid those nasty little sandwiches.

Flora

Double D 4ever
11-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Awww April Snow, I hope you feel better :hug:, then is nothing worse then being sick and trying to get healthy at the same time, especially if you are following a plan... the only way it COULD be worse if it was that TOM.

Speaking of TOM, I started Dukan while having the start of my TOM, then as usually mine goes away and comes back a week later (contribute that to my PCOS/Endo probs) so I really do not feel like I have lost any weight. That being said, I also haven't weighed myself. My reason for this is well, I hate the scale and get obsessed with weighing myself lol :dizzy: but also because I had hit a plateau from earlier in the year so I know what my weight has been, and I rather weigh myself at the end of Attack and see an overall loss, although with the TOM and the eating out I had to do (2 more instances in addition to the previous 2 planned)...I am still motivated and such... just nervous I guess to step ON the scale.

@Flora - OMG It is SO hard to avoid meeting food... when I used to organize meeting (back when I was still an Executive Assistant) I tried to mix it up a bit and also incorporate some healthier options then always having sammies!

@luvs_violets - I haven't made the galette as of yet, as I have used my oat bran in the muffin recipes I have been experimenting with, I hear it is delish and here is the standard recipe from the Dukan Diet site:

"This light and easy pancake is a tasty way to eat your daily dose of oat bran. Make it sweet or savory.

1 egg white
1 1/2 tbsp oat bran
1 1/2 tbsp fat-free plain greek yogurt
1 tsp Splenda for a sweet pancake
-or-
pepper, herbs and/or chopped garlic for a savory pancake

After mixing all ingredients until smooth, pour into a non-stick pan over medium heat. If needed, add only a small bit of oil to help keep from sticking.

Basically, these are made like your typical breakfast pancakes as you flip and cook them in the same manner. I think it takes a certain skill to achieve the perfect pancake, this will come with time.

With the savory pancake, these can be used in place of bread to make a sandwich with your favorite lean deli meat or possibly even used in place of the bun for a turkey burger. The possibilities are endless.

Get creative as oat bran is a daily requirement for the Dukan Diet Plan."

Congrats to everyone on their successes, losses, and other things that make us :carrot: when the outlook is good :D

Rosinante
11-16-2011, 03:56 AM
MMM to the oatbran in anything!
I make muffins in the microwave, which I then 'ice' with some low fat soft cheese mixed with Splenda.
I sprinkle 1 T oatbran plus 1 t Splenda over plain soya yogurt - it tastes like a nutty kind of sundae, lovely!

1 question: does anyone have a week of menus they could post? I'm eating terribly basically at the moment and sort of on a day to day basis. I'd like to buy in stuff and make up meals in advance to freeze but I can't seem to get integrated..... :)

Flora37
11-17-2011, 04:36 AM
Hi Rosinante,
I don't have a week of menus - in fact I don't really use recipes. What I do cook quite often is chicken or prawns and then I stir in 0% creme fraiche with a teaspoon of thai herbs to pep it up a bit. I also use a lot of wholegrain mustard in cooking on this diet.
I have recently got into eating more liver and kidneys as the meat flavors are less dreary. I don't eat beef so I find it can be quite difficult.

Yesterday I was in an all day meeting where only sandwiches and cut fruit were available. I nipped across the road to a tiny store where I managed to get a salad - although I was on a PP day I thought it was better than sandwiches, but today was weigh in morning and I have only lost 1lb. I'm gutted. Perhaps I am hitting a plateau. I might try 2 x PP followed by 2 x PV to shake things up a bit...

Flora x

April Snow
11-17-2011, 03:56 PM
thanks for the well wishes. I am finally better and finally done with the antibiotics and back on plan as of this morning!

I ended up gaining 10 lbs which is crazy because there is no way I was eating 3500 excess calories a day! I'm not even upset because it's just so clearly crazy. I am expecting it to come off pretty quickly and I can get back to losing "new weight." I'm doing Attack for a week (except for a couple of PV meals) and then back to Cruise and hope to see at least a big chunk of that 10 lbs gone by the end of the month.

Flora37
11-17-2011, 05:25 PM
April Snow - I bet a lot of the weight could be water retention. I'm sure you will lose it fast!
Flora x

Rosinante
11-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Apirl - glad you're better! You have a geat attitude, so those antibiotic lbs will soon be gone!

Question: Can you get delayed "carb flu"? I've felt wonderful for nearly 5 weeks and just totally meh today. Can't think of any other reason but hope I come round tomorrow!

April Snow
11-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks Flora and Rosinante! I was already down 2.6 this morning, so I am definitely optimistic the rest will go soon. And I feel SO much better physically - it's actually kind of amazing that I noticed a change so quickly.

Rosinante - it's not necessarily induction flu but esp. still towards the beginning (which 5 weeks is), I found that I was sometimes so low on carb that I didn't feel great. I would eat some extra dairy carbs (it was usually days where I didn't have any greek yogurt) and that helped. The other thing I found was that I could not save up my oat bran to have later in the day, I had to have it in the morning to feel really good. You can always have an extra portion later in the day as your tolerated food for the day, but if you aren't eating oat bran in the morning, I would try that.

And if neither of those things works, you may just have a regular virus or something like that.

JenBear
11-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Hi guys,
My weight loss has slowed a lot in the past week or so. Which is ludicrous as i have been the most 'perfect on plan' that i have ever been. The only thing i can think of is i have stepped up my exercise, i walk an hour a day with my dog, but have also added a weight program at the gym. I know that muscle weighs more than fat so maybe thats why things have slowed?? However muscle burns fat so surely i should see the numbers change soon? If anyone knows the science behind that or just some advice i would really sincerely appreciate it. Its so hard seeing the scale not move a gram for 3 days straight, and i get very easily downhearted when things like this happen. Help please!!!

Rosinante
11-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Thanks, April, glad you're well on the way.

I've definitely been very, Very low carb this week, and in fact, yesterday was low food altogether, so maybe I was just totally flat.
Breakfast: 2 oatbran muffins (1.5 T oatbran content)
Lunch: Hard boiled egg with soft cheese
Snack: 100g corned beef
Dinner: 100g corned beef, hb egg, soft cheese
It was one of those days when I was eating up leftovers. I think it just wasn't enough. Having a gentle day today.

I may need to review my 4 days PP, 3 days PV pattern. While I find it easier to stick to, I find it quite hard to give up the PP, and I am so not hungry that I eat very little sometimes, not that good a plan.

JenBear
11-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Rosinate, i have oatbran for breakfast every day, and look forward to it! I make it into a porridge, 1 part Oatbran to 3 parts water, microwave for 1 minute and voila! You can add cinnamon and sweetner and a little trim milk - or i quite often have it on its own, delish!

For lunch i have things like salmon sashimi (gets expensive so do this only from time to time) with a bit of low sodium soy sauce and the teeniest bit of picked ginger. It feels like eating sushi, but without the nasty rice! This week i bought a hot roasted chicken and dismantled it and put it in a container and have been noshing on that at lunchtime (i gave the skin to the dog to remove the temptation). I also have a george foreman grill so sometimes grill some white fish or chicken breast/tenderloin, and make up some sauces either with yoghurt / garlic or marinates with lemon thyme, the choices are endless!

I will also post some delicious recipes i have collected for dinners, they are mainly recipes from Nigella Lawson and Jamie Oliver etc, chefs i like, and i have just tweaked them a little to dukanify them.

JenBear
11-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Nigella Express – Beef Skewers with horseradish dip

500g beef rump
11/2 x 15ml tablespoons of good-quality red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
3 x 15ml tablespoons freshly grated horseradish or hot horseradish sauce or cream
2 x 15ml tablespoons rosemary needles (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary), plus 1 bunch rosemary for garnish (optional)
60ml olive oil
2 x 15ml tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
200g Yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon Maldon salt or generous pinch of table salt
4 x 15ml tablespoons chopped chives

Cut the beef into 2.5cm cubes, and put into a freezer bag with the vinegar and 1 tablespoon of the freshly grated horseradish or 1 tablespoon hot horseradish sauce. Add the 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon of dried), and the olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and port. Leave for at least 20 minutes, but preferably overnight, in the fridge.
Let the meat come to room temperature, and soak about 10 bamboo skewers in water at the same time.
Make the dip, by beating together the yoghurt, the remaining 2 tablespoons of freshly grated horseradish or 2 tablespoons hot horseradish sauce, the Dijon mustard, salt and the chives, leaving some chives to sprinkle over the top.
Heat a grill or griddle, then thread 3 or 4 pieces of meat onto each skewer and slap on the heat, turning after 2 minutes. Cook for another 2 minutes on the other side and then remove to a plate, strewn with some sprigs of rosemary if desired. Do not serve while grill-hot.

JenBear
11-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Steak Slice with Lemon and Thyme

1 x 2.5cm-thick rump steak, approx. 600g
5 stalks thyme, to give 1 x 15ml tablespoon stripped leaves
2 bruised cloves garlic
80ml extra virgin olive oil
Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
1 teaspoon Maldon salt or 1/2 teaspoon table salt
Good grinding of fresh pepper

Cut away the fat from around the edge of the steak while you heat a griddle or heavybased pan.
Brush the steak with oil to prevent it sticking to the griddle or pan, and cook for 3 minutes a side plus 1 minute each side turned again (this gives you pretty griddle marks) for desirably rare meat; the lemon in the post-hoc marinade "cooks" it a little more.
While the steak is cooking, place the thyme leaves, garlic, oil, lemon zest and juice, and salt and pepper in a wide, shallow dish.
Once the steak is cooked, place it in the dish of marinade for 4 minutes a side, before removing it to a board and slicing thinly on the diagonal.

JenBear
11-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Mustard Pork Chops

2 pork chops, approx. 450g total
2 teaspoons garlic oil
125ml cider vinegar
1 x 15ml tablespoon dijon mustard
75ml Ricotta

Cut the fat or rind off the chops, and then bash them briefly but brutally with a rolling pin between two pieces of clingfilm to make them thinner.
Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan and cook the chops over a moderately high heat for about 5 minutes a side. Remove them to a warmed plate.
Pour the cider into the pan, still over the heat, to de-glaze the pan. Let it bubble away for a minute or so, then add the mustard and stir in the ricotta.
Let the sauce continue cooking for a few minutes before pouring over each plated pork chop.

JenBear
11-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Vegetarian Chilli

1 Clove Of Garlic
1 Can Of Red Kidney Beans
1 Can Of Chopped Tomatoes
2 Mugs Full Of Red Split lentils
1 Onion
2 Carrots
Sprinkle Of Chilli Powder

Chop The Onion And Fry Until Done. (Be Boiling The Lentils In A Separate Saucepan)
Add To The Onions The Garlic , The Kidney Beans And The Chopped Tomatoes And Stir Well,
When The Lentils Are Done, Add Them To The Mixture.
Add Everything Else To The Mixture , Stir Well. And Leave For 5 Mins To Cook Then Its Done!

JenBear
11-18-2011, 02:58 PM
I have also been making dessert from sugarfree jelly, mixed with low fat yoghurt. Once set it is kind of like a pudding! I have some iceblock moulds, and the same mixture makes a lovely frozen yoghurty type thing. Great for the sweet pangs i get mid afternoon and after dinner.

April Snow
11-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Hi guys,
My weight loss has slowed a lot in the past week or so. Which is ludicrous as i have been the most 'perfect on plan' that i have ever been. The only thing i can think of is i have stepped up my exercise, i walk an hour a day with my dog, but have also added a weight program at the gym. I know that muscle weighs more than fat so maybe thats why things have slowed?? However muscle burns fat so surely i should see the numbers change soon? If anyone knows the science behind that or just some advice i would really sincerely appreciate it. Its so hard seeing the scale not move a gram for 3 days straight, and i get very easily downhearted when things like this happen. Help please!!!

It takes a lot longer than 3 days to build up muscle, esp. in women. But if you are sore, which is common when people first start working out, esp. with a weight routine, that means your body is retaining water. Basically, when you work out with weights, you are damaging muscle tissue on a microscopic level but then it heals strong than before. That's why it's so important to use rest days for weight work - your muscles need that time to heal and strength.

Make sure to drink plenty of water along with all of your healthy foods, and you should start losing some of that water weight in a few more days.

Rosinante
11-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Jenbear, thankyou So Much for those lovely recipes! I especially like the idea of the jelly cubes, what a great idea!

Rosinante
11-21-2011, 03:50 AM
Weigh-in - a fairly stingy 1.5lbs off this week. I know people will tell me it's a "good, steady loss" ~ but I could achieve a good, steady loss far more cheaply if I just counted calories. Sigh. I'm giving myself another week on this with 100% concentration (not that I haven't concentrated all the other weeks too, I have) and if next week's loss is 2 or under lbs, then I'll think about trying something else. I love that I don't ever miss cakes and chocolate, and would sorry to have that daily challenge return, though.

April Snow
11-21-2011, 09:12 AM
I ended up having to eat a bagel yesterday, ugh. It was the best option out of what was available but still not happy about it and I didn't feel very good later. Plus the scale bounced up again. Hoping it will just be very temporary and back to normal today where I have control over my choices.

Flora37
11-22-2011, 06:30 AM
@Rosinante - Dont' give this up - look at my weight loss history in my signature block - some weeks it can be 1lb and other weeks much more. I think the diet just works that way.

@AprilSnow - sometimes I have to do that too - make the best choice of bad options. But I think the best thing in that situation is that we are still making good choices - and choices that in the consolidation phase we will probably get away with making!

@JenBear - nice recipes - thanks for posting.

I wasn't plateauing after all (phew!) - sometimes mixing it around a bit can help me in achieving a greater weekly loss - I did 2 x PP then 2 x PV and back on track!

So I have now lost 30lbs. More than 2 stones. I am over the moon!
Next mini target - to reach 200lbs.

Flora x

Rosinante
11-22-2011, 01:31 PM
4 days Attack + 3 days Cruise, lost 7.8lbs
Week 1 Cruise Lost 1.4lbs
Week 2 Cruise Lost 1.2lbs
Week 3 Cruise Lost 2.6lbs
Week 4 Cruise Lost 1.5lbs

I'll keep trying.

Ivory32
11-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi all,

New to the forum and I am so glad to have found this thread, it has really put my mind at ease to see that once the cruise phrase is reached that 2lbs a week can be achieved. I thought setting my weekly goal at this would be a bit of a reach! Great to see it.

Can I ask, did you do any more than the 20 mins walking in the attack phrase? Then did you up the exercise in the cruise phrase?

Many thanks.

Rachel

Rosinante
11-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Hi Ivory, and good luck!! :hug:

It does seem that 2lb a week can be reached - but not by me, no matter how compliant I am, and I am, honestly! Hope it works for you! :hug:

Rosinante
11-23-2011, 01:12 PM
There is far more information in the following post than you could really want but still:

THE thing that's kept me firmly on Dukan is the low fatness of it. I've tried Atkins and Pig2Twig, both of which have great successes for many, I'm not knocking them, but after a couple of weeks every meal I eat shoots straight out of me an hour later. Not nice. And not healthy, food wasn't staying inside me long enough for nutrition!

With Dukan, I've been fine. Not a hint of constipation, not a hint of the other, just a Wow! my body feels fine.

Suddenly, yesterday and today, I'm back at "might as well just cook the food and chuck it down the toilet because it wouldn't be any slower" phase. I'm very anxious - my mood, which has its deep, dark places, has been better than it has been for Years; my skin is fantastic, I'm losing weight, it's easy to stick to (if a bit expensive). I Really don't want to give Dr. D. up - has anyone else had these bathroom issues? And have you got through them?
Ta. ('n sorry for the detail.....) :blush:

Ivory32
11-23-2011, 03:54 PM
I will take a look at the part 1 thread, thanks.

I've done dukan last year but gave up, silly me! I can't really comment on the bathroom issues yet, give me a month though!

I try to buy my meat in bulk from a butchers. On chicken alone i save over £30 to the equivalent from buying it from my local supermarket.

Flora37
11-24-2011, 05:09 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to the American members of this forum!

Ivory - I haven't really upped my exercise for the cruise phase. I probably do 20 minutes walking per day.
Rosinante - haven't had the same issue at all. Did you change how you took the oat bran?
Flora x

Rosinante
11-24-2011, 07:09 AM
Yes, Happy Thanksgiving!

Ivory - I walk about 30 mins a day, regardless: it's a return walk to the local shops and back.
Flora - Nope! I'll keep monitoring.

Rosinante
11-25-2011, 04:30 AM
Yesterday was better in the b.room department. It was either:
I ate some sf jelly, which firmed things up
or
I didn't have a dash of milk in my breakfast coffee, which I'd treated myself to the day before.
Hm

Samadhi
11-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Hi all....I have missed being here but have more to complain about than you want to hear so I will leave it at I missed you. :o

Rosinante: I have been consistantly constipated on Dukan. I drink, on average, 66oz of water a day so I don't know what the heck is going on.

Well, I am tired after a hectic four days so....night...

Rosinante
11-28-2011, 04:38 AM
Week 5 Cruise Lost 2.1lbs

Flora37
11-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Spent today at a gym with friends. Used the gym, hot tub, sauna and pool. Then had a salad for lunch. Feeling good!!!

Samadhi - seems like you have a lot going on right now!
Rosinante - good loss this week!

Flora x

Double D 4ever
11-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Alright ladies, I suck @ dieting. I finished the attack phase and lost 4 lbs. Then life happened and I got a little frustrated and depressed, mainly from the accident and then from just life in general ... so I went up 3 lbs. It is like I am destined to stay where I am - ugh! Perhaps I am losing inches instead. I hate the scale.

I am going to keep going at it but I feel so de-motivated :(

LittleBlueCat
11-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Anybody got new ideas for Oat Bran? I'm eating it the same way for months now, soak it in a container with skim milk, cinnamon, splenda. I ate it for evening snack. Then noticed I've been skipping it cause I wasn't hungry, or I felt that I ate too much that day, and don't need anymore calories for the day.... whatever excuse I could find... Since this past weekend, I've started eating it for breakfast. I think it's helping me to set the mood for the day.

I am trying to find my mojo back. Lost it somewhere... well, ever since I've reached 160 which is the thinnest I've ever been. Though I'm happy, but not where I want to stop and stay. You know? Dukan True Weight put me at 140, and I wanna make it there and beyond!!

Double D 4ever - Totally understand the de-motivate part!! We need to look at the end result. Where we really want to be. And re-new our motivation!

Rosinante
11-29-2011, 12:32 PM
I make the galette.
or
I use the galette mixture, add 1 Tbsp Splenda and make 4 little buns (cupcakes) in the microwave (2 minutes), then "ice" (frost) them with some soft cheese and splenda - if I do this, I put 3 Tbsp oatbran in and make the 4 buns do 2 days. Otherwise I make it with just the 2 Tbsp in one cup, for a "giant" bun, ice it the same.
or
I make the savoury galette mixture and serve it under a fried egg for breakfast.
or
I make porridge with it - about twice the amount of water as oatbran, nuked for a minute, sprinkled lightly with Splenda
or
I have a bowl of set, low-fat yogurt, sprinkled with the 2 Tbsp oatbran and 1 tsp Splenda - my head thinks it's a nut sundae!

Well done on the weight you've reached, and on your determination to plough through!

LittleBlueCat
11-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks, Rosinante, for the new ideas! I have done the galette before, but I must have cooked it too long, for it came out fairly dry, and un-appealing. I'm gonna try your versions of microwaving it. They all sound so good! I'll check them out tomorrow. Thanks so much! :)

Rosinante
11-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Pleasure! They're not very exciting suggestions but I haven't been doing the diet all that long!
oh yes, I put a very generous tsp cinnamon into the cupcake mix. I eat it warm sometimes, with some plain yogurt/splenda over, so it feels like dessert. In fact, I often try and have it Not for a meal - if I have it for a mid-afternoon snack, it feels far less like I'm on a grim D.I.E.T......
Good luck!

Flora37
11-30-2011, 05:56 AM
DOuble D 4ever - Shame that you put some weight back on - but you can restart and succeed.

I don't have any motivation problems - especially now I see the results so clearly. I am wearing jeans I haven't gotten into for 3 years. Even when I feel low I am no longer tempted to snack. I just seem to have lost the carb cravings completely. Perhaps it is being on the DD for a couple of months?

Flora x

Samadhi
11-30-2011, 08:30 AM
Yes, Flora37, life has had me spinning the last few weeks.

I ate WAY off Dukan, but am happy to report I didn't gain any weight back and am still at 240. Which if you knew what I have been eating would know what a great miracle 240 is to me right now.

LittleBlueCat I love the Galette - right now I am hooked on oat bran, yogurt, some wheat bran (according to the Dukan bible wheat can help the constipation issue) and an egg white - fried with Pam. I use that like bread.

Double D 4ever, I SO understand the motivation part. It was easy the first two months but then I started getting "bad" thoughts. :?: THEN I would remember the 20 lbs I have lost and how easy it was....that gave me strength to carry on!!! :)

Rosinante Great Galette ideas....I will have to try them.

I also have to get more consistant with my exercise - I have let that slide this week.

Rosinante
11-30-2011, 09:01 AM
After a fairly crabby last week, where I was antsy with the diet, although I lost 2.1lbs, which was good, I'm in a patch of clear water at the moment.

I'm feeling very fit, absolutely itching to get out for a walk - and I've already had one today, what's going on!?!?!
I've modified things slightly, because I really, really overspent my food budget in November. I'm slightly stymied by not eating caged poultry or meat or farmed fish, and free-range is so expensive. So I'm making big stews with green veg. helping the meat out, and I have to admit, I might be eating that kind of thing most days, with precious few PP days. I'm still eating the bran, making low calorie choices as well as low carb, no starchy veg., no grains, no fatty meats.
I guess when I think about it, I do have 1 or 2 PP Meals every day, then one PV one. Weighday is Monday, we'll see how it's worked!

Rosinante
11-30-2011, 02:34 PM
ps, here's a naughty bran one....

busy day meant I couldn't get into town for new supplies, so was pretty hungry come supper time. The little shop opposite, the only protein he had was bacon, so I dry-fried myself up some. In the mean time I nuked 2 Tbsp oatbran with 4 Tbsp water, let it cool slightly, made it into 2 patties and fried them alongside. Delicious!!!!!!

honeygirl
11-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to get on quick and say hello, I started the attack phase on Monday, I've lost a few pounds already!

My mom started this diet this past summer and went from 165lbs down to 140lbs! My dad had surgery two years ago and it put a lot of stress on her and the pounds slowly but surely crept on. Now, she looks great and finally back to her true weight! She's done so well to maintain. I'm so proud of her!

So, now it's my turn and here I am :) I've been doing only pure protein aka nothing else but basically turkey meat and steak for the last 2 days until tonight when I finally read the attack chapter and realized I needed to add the oat bran! Ahh...hopefully it doesn't cut my loses too much! You all look like you're having such great results. Can't wait to join in on the new healthy lifestyle. :)

Flora37
12-01-2011, 04:14 AM
Welcome Honeygirl! How motivating for you to see how well your Mom did with Dukan.

Morning everyone. Just had my weigh-in. Thrilled to be under 200lbs (just!) - that's another mini-target reached. Next mini-target is 14 stones (196lbs). Going to a party this weekend but determined not to eat carb and am driving so I wont be tempted to drink.

Flora x

Rosinante
12-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Welcome, honeygirl!

Well done, Flora! :carrot:

honeygirl
12-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Thank you Flora and Rosinante! She has done well and it looks like you are doing equally as well!! Such amazing results in such a hard society to change in I feel like. I finally put my resignation in at the clean plate club--my poor Grandpa would be so sad.. on second though Maybe not ;)

I feel for me it's so easy to lose the weight but so hard to keep it off--earlier this summer I lost 20 lbs and then immediately regained it. So, it's a struggle and I'm now focusing on being healthy rather than shedding the weight quickly--this has to be a life change otherwise I will never keep it off!

Flora I love how you keep track each week of your weight lost it must be such motivation to see how much you've come each day when things get tough. Congrats on your success so far! I can't wait to start my first week. :)

Little bit about me I'm a mortgage consultant--just graduated last year so it's been almost a year now since I've been in the working world! Sitting at a desk all day long has completely wrecked my fitness--I've always been pretty active despite having a few extra pounds. My goal weight right now is to get down to 127lbs this is apparently my true weight. I'm just ready to feel alive again--and not slow and lethargic all of the time. Diabetes runs in both sides of my family and I'm absolutely terrified of getting it, I'm madly addicted to sugar--and I'm not even remotely joking it's a very very very very large addition of mine that needs to be taken care of now, not later. I'm not as much worried about my weight as I am getting healthy I think this is the perfect diet to start this on. :) If anyone needs to refinance their homes and haven't done it yet look into it!! Rates just went down again hahahaaha...oh my job owns me........

Rosinante
12-02-2011, 03:18 AM
I'm still quite afraid of sugar - I feel like one taste and I'll be lost!

However, Dukan has completely taken away any craving or even faint desire to taste it, it's very odd, very unexpected but very welcome.

Plus, and I don't know enough to know if it's related or not, my Mood has improved out of all recognition!

Samadhi
12-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Rosinante STAY scared of sugar....Last month when my aunt passed I gave in and ate surgary foods. We were sitting with her at the hospital for four days - then the funeral. I was wore out and ate whatever was given to us. Well, I didn't expect the CRAVING for sugar I had after that. I would eat anything with sugar - even things I never ate before...so, my advice is to be careful and cautious....:eek::fr:

Now the ironic thing is tonight I have to bake cookies and bars for a church event Saturday. I CAN DO THIS WITHOUT EATING. I am going to be chanting this all day today. :dust:

Welcome honeygirl:welcome3:

Flora37 :congrat:

I will also sign on here while baking for 3FatChicks support.... :hug:
:snowglo:

Rosinante
12-02-2011, 12:23 PM
BP NSV!!
I went for blood tests today (annual meds review) and asked the nurse to take my BP. Last time I tried a low carb diet, a high fat version, my BP went through the roof. Today it's exactly the same as when I started, 7 weeks ago: 140/80. I'm sure some people will think that high but when I got to my highest ever some years ago (242) it was something like 217/109, so I's happy!

Rosinante
12-03-2011, 03:40 AM
A bit gloomier today. I decided to give myself a hard core Attack burst, to re-focus the mind. After Day 1 - gained 0.2lbs. Hm.

Rosinante
12-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Hm again. Oh well, I've never been good at perfection.

I've had a busy day, work, preparation, and making about 60 cupcakes. Then I noticed my old dog peeing a little blood, I think she has cystitis. I've started her on antibiotics and will take her to the vet monday, no-one open tomorrow. I just went into blow it mode and ate 4 cupcakes. I planned it. They were nice.
Back to it tomorrow.
ps, dog not in pain!

Flora37
12-05-2011, 04:49 AM
Thanks for the congratulations everyone!

Rosinante - don't beat yourself up - a 0.2lb gain might just mean that you need to poo! Don't weigh yourself daily - try doing it weekly as your weight will naturally go up and down and you'll beat yourself up less that way!

Went to a Christmas party on Saturday - avoided the yummy choux pastries etc very easily, and drank water - still had a good time! Also met someone else who is on Dukan and losing weight.

Let's all have a great Dukan week!

Flora x

Samadhi
12-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Hi, I have been having trouble getting here and posting...darn computers...:dizzy:

Well, I have decided I need to be WAY more accountable than I have been. One problem I always have is time....I was posting on three threads here and I just can't keep up and be a good member of the thread so....I am going to post all of my "information" here on this one thread.

Exercise, water etc to see if that will keep me on my toes!!:drill:

I know I need to be more accountable - so...you may see a bunch of information in my posts some not Dukan - so just ignore those. :D I am consolidating...:)

Flora 37 what is a choux pastrie

Rosinante I have blood pressure issues too...mainly due to heredity and stress from my job. TAKE CARE of yourself....

I am grateful for:
My job
My home
Friends
Computers (to make more friends)

The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.
Erma Bombeck

Flora37
12-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Samadhi - good to see you back here! A Choux pastry is a bit like a profiterole but can be stuffed with savory fillings or sweet fillings. Very yummy and not at all dukan.

April Snow - hope all is well with you? You've been quiet recently.

I've lost 2lbs this week.

Flora x

Samadhi
12-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Good Morning,

What are your plans for getting through the Holiday food wise? We are going to a family members house who, lucky for me, is a terrible cook. :D Will be a big help in controlling what and how much I eat.

I need to get the last of my gifts wrapped tonight and my cards ready for mailing. Are you all done shopping?

Thought this was funny.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. ~ Mark Twain

12/08/2011 Water Total - 99oz

I am grateful for:
Dukan
No Snow
Eric Clapton
Nieces and Nephews

Flora37
12-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi Samadhi,
We are going out to a Thai restaurant for Xmas lunch which will make it easy as they will have a lot of meat and seafood dishes, and I will order a side of vegetables too. I am making Xmas cakes (which I don't normally eat which makes it easy to avoid them) and cooking lots of yummy meats to have cold on Boxing day so I can have a PP day on Boxing Day. I'm just not buying the things that really tempt me - like Cadburys edible tree decorations - best avoided!

I'm done shopping, and mostly everything wrapped up - but some deliveries still to arrive. Cards all sent last week!

Hope everyone has a great Dukan week.

Flora x

Samadhi
12-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Hi,

Busy but productive weekend. Got all of my food ready for the week so am happy about that.

You are so right Flora37 - keep those chocolates out of the house!!!:cp:

I am working on my water consumption and work outs this week.

I am grateful for:
My job
Weekends
Loppers
Sisters
Brother
Coffee

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
Buddha

Samadhi
12-13-2011, 08:28 AM
Good Morning.... where is everyone? Shopping? I didn't get my exercise in yesterday. Had to drive a family member home as their car "died". :(

I had a PP day yesterday and it always feel good. I always feel better when I have egg whites...GOOD protein there.

What do you all do for exercise?

12/12/2011 66 oz water

I am grateful for:
Clear weather
Dukan
Family
Loose clothes :D

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
Jim Carrey

Flora37
12-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Hi Samadhi
You are right it has gone very quiet in here!
All my shopping is done but I am still baking Christmas cakes for friends and family when I get spare time.
Exercise for me is simply walking about 20 minutes a day. That's all!
I love eggs. I had scrambled eggs with a few chives sprinkled in yesterday - yummy. Then I had prawns and salmon for dinner - very luxurious (all reduced in M&S!)
Flora x

DCHound
12-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new to the Dukan thread but after reading his book I realized that Dukan attack was really what I was calling "super-strict" Atkins back in 2008, so I'm now calling my lifestyle plan Dukan. (Although I'm not doing it exactly - no oat bran, I'm afraid of those carbs, and I do eat almonds and pecans in moderation, which Dukan doesn't allow.) From August to November of 2008 I lost 60 lbs in 3 months just doing meat and eggs, so it totally works.

Anyway, I've been on meat and 2 eggs a day only (except for some steamed broccoli 1 time last week) for the last 15 days and I've lost over 10 lbs! 10 that I know of, but I didn't get on the scale before I started out so it may be more than that. I feel great and my clothes are already looser.

I started out in 2008 weighing 370 lbs and got down to about 225 by late 2009, then put 50 back on. I re-lost a lot of that over the summer by swimming and doing just meat, eggs and green beans then regained a bit of that.

Now I'm back totally committed. Dukan's website says I can get to and maintain 180; I think I can do better. But we'll see. Wish me luck! I love this plan! I especially love getting on the scale every day and seeing a loss.

Samadhi
12-13-2011, 09:46 PM
:welcome2: DCHound
I love Dukan too. I guess it's the protein but we have 'tons' of chocolate at work right now that our clients have sent. I am SHOCKED at how I am not even tempted to eat any. I used to consider myself a chocoholic...NOT ANY MORE!!!:carrot:

I have to say I do love the oat bran galette, DC. Keeps me satisfied.

Flora37 I will have to start baking cookies this weekend....I am thinking I may have 2 galettes that day...just to have something to munch on if those cookies start to look good. :devil:

Samadhi
12-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Good morning...This morning the radio said we were having London weather so I wondered what your weather is in Sussex, Flora37?

How are you all doing?

12/13/2011 Water 89oz :carrot:

I am grateful for:
London weather rather than a Minnesota blizzard:snow4:
Dukan Galettes
New recliner
Coffee :coffee:
Brother

I need to "listen" to this quote more often.
Be a good listener. Your ears will never get you in trouble. Frank Tyger

Flora37
12-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Samadhi - weather today was rainy and very very grey with lots of ominous clouds. Maybe snow tomorrow though!

Welcome DC Hound. Good to have others joining this thread.

Only lost 1lb this week. No idea why. Didn't do anything different. If anything I have eaten less! Maybe water retention... but the great news is that I have now lost 37lbs - something I don't think I would have believed possible. Nearly half way!

I have made 2 Christmas cakes so far, need to bake 2 more (as gifts). I have not been at all tempted yet!!!

Flora x

Thelittlestbobo
12-16-2011, 07:02 AM
Just popping in to say hello. Started Dukan-ing just over 2 weeks ago and after buying the book decided to work my weightloss with Dukan as a blueprint. I found this thread (and its predecessor) and have found it such an inspiration - congratulations to all of you, for the weight lost and the consistency at staying at it. It has been really inspirational.

For my part, I have just let the weight creep up on me. I eat well, but then I also when tired/bored/stressed have allowed myself to eat cr*p aswell - I am a sucker in those humours for vending machine food Eating for no reason whatsoever and then still finding myself hungry and having something else. I have never had much of a sweet tooth - I'd pick garlic cheese fries over a dessert any day but I think my diet was so full of simple carbs that it made my appetite ferocious. I never felt 'full' for long.

I calculated my 'true weight' on the Dukan site, but didn't sign up for coaching, and it came out at 108 which almost seems too good to be true, but then before I started this job where I sit all day my regular weight for years was 100lbs, and I never particularly thought about my weight. I started this job 8 years ago (now 32) and the weight has crept up with the stress. I used to drink a lot of fizzy drinks or sodas and have something from the vending machine when work got stressful and I managed to quit sodas altogether a couple of years ago as I personally have big issues with artificial sweetners so I bit that bullet and have managed to stick at that. Honestly, I even find juice too sweet now and mainly drink water, or water with freshly squeezed lime/lemon juice. So I managed to make that change. The next was to cut out the cr*p, the snacks, since the rest of the time I eat really well - no processed food, good quality ingredients and I have a real love of cooking and experimenting with ingredients. However, I found this challenge much, much harder. If I cut back calories and exercised more I was still hungry (and I am a titch of a thing, even with this extra 2 stone of fat I am carrying around, and I have the appetite of a solidly built man!). What was worse, even though I wanted not to have snacks when I got stressed out I couldn't stop myself so I would have to go without dinner or whatever to try keep the calories down for the day. So, after trying this approach for the past year but not finding it made much difference to my weight, I knew I needed to try something different.

I started the Attack phase 2 weeks ago for 2 days as recommended by the site, and then have been in Cruise since. I don't know what I specifically lost in the Attack phase as I didn't want to look at the scales and think it wasn't working, but I have lost 7 1/2 lbs in the past fortnight which I am very happy with. The absolute best thing though is the effect on my appetite. I feel 'full' pretty much all the time, I am eating all meals and I have got rid of all my cravings. I can be under pressure at work and pass that machine and ignore it! I had to cheat once, at a funeral where there was a complete spread of food - sandwiches, cakes etc - and I wasn't going to have anything but the priest was handing out the stuff and insisted I have one of the home-made minces pie of which I ate half. It was waaaaay too sweet for me! So, I figure I couldn't have done much about that and it didn't derail me so I didn't beat myself up over it.

The other thing a bit different for this Cruise phase is that it is proving much easier for me to break up the PP/PV days into Breakfast & Lunch PP and Dinner PV everyday at the moment. I do worry that it is not completely by the book but it hasn't impeded my weightloss so far and in the NY (I just want to get over Christmas!!) I am going to put more thought into PV breakfast and lunches - I have to brown bag these and I am so busy that it is just easier for me to throw meat & cottage cheese into a couple of containers for these meals than figure out and make up a couple of salads or soup. Once I have my evenings back to myself and free of social obligations I will be able to put some more thought and preparation into these meals!

Samadhi
12-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Flora tomorrow is my baking day - cookies and more cookies, pumpkin bread....:stir:

I have decided not to worry so much about the food and the holiday. I find when I do I think about food all the time and we know that isn't good!!:nono:

I will stay on Dukan but may have a cookie or carb a couple of times over the next week and a half.

:welcome: Thelittlestbobo - GREAT weight loss so far. :bravo:
Once I have my evenings back to myself and free of social obligations This is where I am at too. Just so much going on and I know I can take off any pounds I "may" put on over the next week with Dukan. I won't be quitting Dukan just might have a few "off" plan things. I feel less stress already just telling you all that I am going to do this. :D

For my part, I have just let the weight creep up on me. I eat well, but then I also when tired/bored/stressed have allowed myself to eat cr*p aswell This is me as well. I have to concentrate working on the tired/bored/stressed part and then healthy eating follows.

Thelittlestbobo
12-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome Samadhi :)

The holidays are going to be a challenge aren't they? Since I am at the start of my Dukan journey I am trying to plan my cheats over the few days. Christmas day and NY's day are going to be the biggest challenges but I am already planing to have PV days - eggs with asparagus wrapped in lean parma ham for breakfast; turkey, ham, turkey gravy (made from stock so should be low fat, and I will limit the salt), home-made pork stuffing (not ideal but little filler) and then sprouts and celery on the side. I will leave the potatoes cause, really, I can have potatoes at any time of year and when I get to having celebration meals it will really be a big deal to bring them back!. For dessert though I am going to cave in to the Christmas pudding. On the plus side this isn't very sugary (unlike the trifle which is the other offering), it is filling and I will have it with a low fat cream instead of ice-cream/whipped cream/brandy butter. Pudding is one of those things that really is an annual event so I will feel really indulgent just having one portion and then the low-fat cream isn't so bad then with it. If there is room for supper I will have some more turkey and ham later on and leave it at that. If I am full from all that, and I should be, then staying away from the sweet treats won't feel like a big deal!

Typical of me to start so close to the holidays but I will be away on honeymoon in the middle of Jan (we waited a while so it will be special) so that is extra incentive to not give in too much over the few days. It isn't easy though. I had a work Christmas lunch yesterday and ended up just having 5 prawns and a steak while everyone around had fabulous starters and mains, loads of wine and the desserts did look great. I stuck with it though and was rewarded with a 1lb loss on the scales this morning so the sacrifice was worth it!! It was hard though - everyone so relaxed and enjoying themselves and I felt a bit restrained and conscious of my food but I stuck with it.

Samadhi
12-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Well, I had a couple of cookies...but no matter what am DUKAN....I may stray over the next week but I know this works and will take my "off Dukan's" in stride and keep on keeping on.....

Samadhi
12-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Doing way better today...feel better too being back on program.

Thelittlestbobo
12-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Well done Samadhi! Keep sticking with it!

Am totally de-motivated today. Still Dukan-ing, haven't cheated, but feel really *bleurgh* and flat. I am tired so that might have something to do with it. Would love some comfort food though, but won't.

Samadhi
12-20-2011, 08:46 AM
I am holding at 240......BUT considering what I have been eating I call it a WIN!!!!:carrot:

I know what you mean Thelittlestbobo, sometimes you just want to eat "fun" stuff. However, as I posted before when I gave into sugar it really triggered a binge plus I felt lethargic afterwards. It took a couple of days of "clean" eating to get over it. NOT good but then good because it showed me how sugar made me feel and I didn't like it.

I am finding if I stay away from sugar and drink that water, I can hang in there and feel good about myself.

I am grateful for:
Hugs:hug:
Chicken :chicken:
Sun :sunny:
Computer :comp:
Broccoli:broc:
Coffee with friends:cofdate:

Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. ~Jim Davis

:candy:

Flora37
12-21-2011, 04:55 AM
Welcome The Littlest Bobo - great weight loss so far! I like your plan for Xmas.

Samadhi - Know what you mean about sugar - had to eat Indian food last night (partner's work Xmas party) - avoided rice - but the food was packed with sugar and today I feel like someone hit me in the head.

My weigh in day is tomorrow... so let's see where I have got to.

Flora x

Thelittlestbobo
12-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Woohoo another 2lb down! Nice motivation!!

Thanks for the reminder of how bad sugar can make one feel! I have really gone off the taste so I think it is just the idea of it that is attractive. Have been drinking tea with a drop of skimmed milk as a change in this cold weather and my sister made me one with sugar in which I didn't realise until I tasted it. It was disgusting!! Waaay too sweet!

Congrats Samadhi on sticking at the 240 and good luck Flora with the weigh in :)

Samadhi
12-23-2011, 02:37 PM
I need to follow your example Littlest Bobo - I ate some cookies!!!!:mad:

One of my long time dear friends was put in hospice - they give her about two weeks. I feel so "I don't care" right now. I am going to see her next Tuesday with another one of our friends. I live three hours from them so it took a little planning. :dizzy: I have a million hysterical stories from knowing her.

Flora, how was weigh in?

I am going to try and hold at my current weight until next Thursday...then back to STRICTLY Dukan.

Flora37
12-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Lost 3lbs this week - but have since had Christmas. I had a tiny box of Chocolate gingers (very off plan) but otherwise stuck to Dukan.
Will see what damage those gingers caused soon....

Samadhi - so sorry to hear your sad news about your friend. I hope you have the opportunity to spend some time together this week.

Christmas wishes to everyone!
Flora x

Double D 4ever
12-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Well peeps... I am still demotivated... but mostly it is due to anxiety and the limitations I am currently battling with the accident... I haven't made as much progress as I would have liked... and with all the holiday parties, and the holidays. I am pretty sure I totally ruined any potentially progress I made.

So I vow that before the NY starts, even if it is the morning of the 31st, I *WILL* start DD again and be successful. I just need to plan and put a good plan into effect...

So some help pls :?: what sort of meal plans do you suggest? I love hot dog wieners, I do not suppose there is a 'healthy' version of those that are DD allowable?

What is the most affordable way to do this lifestyle change?

yossarianlives
12-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi guys! It's great to see that you are still sticking to Dukan, and are having great results! I've not been here for 3 months according to this, which is shameful. I was on Dukan until October, but then I kind of just fell into consolidation and then started eating normally again. I've still got a bit of weight to lose, but I didn't gain any which is great! I'm just going to start at the beginning again, so here I am on my first day of attack... again.

Wish me luck!

Samadhi
12-28-2011, 09:08 AM
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am back from my totally NOT Dukan last few days.

But I am now ready to buckle down and make some changes. I didn't even get my water in each day as I was traveling...didn't know when the next bathroom would be available so I had to be careful.:o

Flora, good for you on the 3 lbs.....

Double D 4ever glad you are back. After the holidays I think we are all have to RE-lose a couple of pounds.

Good luck and welcome back, yossarianlives. You did have a success since you didn't gain any back.

I do best when I keep on task daily, including posting here and reading your posts. So POST!!!! :)

I am grateful for:
Health
Job
Family
Car
Friends
IPhoneI never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond.

-Mae West

Thelittlestbobo
12-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Ok, Christmas over. I wasn't perfect but a model of restraint compared to previous years and have stayed flat weightwise. Happy with that!! Back on the Dukan wagon properly from yesterday morning and it has been quite easy to get back into the swing of things, thankfully.

Congrats Flora on the 3lb loss - well done!

Nice to see you again yossarianlives and Double D Forever - your stories also inspired me to start Dukan-ing so it is lovely to see you posting again!

Samadhi
12-29-2011, 08:25 AM
I can't believe 2011 is almost at an end. It will be forever in my mind as the year I found Dukan. :D

I found some recipe's in the book I am going to make this weekend...start off 2012 right!! :carrot:

How are you all doing?

I am grateful for:
Thursday's
Co-Workers
Clients
No Snow

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can."
~ Unknown

Thelittlestbobo
12-30-2011, 05:29 AM
After a few days of the scale not budging despite my efforts I needed a little boost. Then this quote popped up in front of me this morning on an email!

"Champions keep playing till they get it right" - Billie Jean King.

I like it, reminds me that I just have to keep sticking with it!

Had a look through one of my Jamie Oliver recipe books for some PV day recipes or could be adapted to PV days...
Carpaccio ( I love carpaccio with Rocket and a squeeze of lemon...sprinkle of parmesan be too much?)...
Creamy Mushrooms and chicken (substitute cream for low fat creme fraiche or yoghurt...)
Chicken Kebabs (marinate chicken, put on sticks : ) )
Lamb fricassee (using lean shredded lamb from leftovers, greek yoghurt, onion, lettuce, dill, eggs, squeeze lemon juice)*
Breasola & radish salad (radishes are v. low carb)
Truffle omellette
Courgette Gratin (nice side dish with some beef? Can make with low fat cheese, low fat creme fraiche and some nutmeg & spices...

*Lamb isn't Dukan friendly at this stage but perhaps adapting the recipe with turkey might be nice?

I like looking through my recipe books and finding things that I would have made, diet or no, and adapting them for Dukan!

ClaireBear92
12-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Hello Ladies!

I just started the Dukan Diet yesturday, and now am on my second day of the Attack Phase. Since this is supposed to be your most dramatic weight loss, I stepped on the scale this morning and its actually 0.8lbs gained instead of lost after the first day of my pure protein diet. I did well, I did not break any rules, and i had snacks and already prepared food on hand, had my oat bran, and drank all my water....could it be water retention?

I was also doing low calorie right before i started the diet so could my body just be in a bit of a shock? I am sooo glad i found this support group! after reading Dr Dukan's book I just knew this diet was bound to work, so i'm sticking to the 7day attack phase and hoping to lose those 50 odd pounds i've been meaning to get off for a long time now.

Flora37
12-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Hello everyone, and happy new year to you all.

For me, finding a diet I can live with has been brilliant and I hope to reach all my goals in the first half of 2012 and then move onto consolidation for about a year!

I haven't weighed this last week and doing 3 days PP now to make up for 2 meals with friends for the last 2 nights (avoided bread and potatoes but did eat cheese and dark chocolates). Will have to see what the scales say next Thursday!

Flora x

hmw
01-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Hello everyone,
I’m on day 5 of the Dukan Diet, and its encouraging to read about all the success you ladies are having with the diet! I’ve lost some weight with Dukan already and I’m sure its mostly water weight but it is still nice to see the numbers going down. My mom suggested this diet to me, she’s been on it since October and lost 20 lbs. So I’m giving it a try!

Samadhi
01-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Sorry to have not posted more in the last couple of days...busy with some days off and then had trouble with that script error here.

Anyway...have to work now but will post later.

I did make chili and soup for this week so I am set for food. I found a place online that posts recipe's by what stage you are in. I will post that later too.

Here is to a healthly year.:cheers:

Thelittlestbobo
01-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Happy New Year to all! Went a little off piste (a spoonful of potatos, some plum pudding) over the holidays but have been delighted that it hasn't sent me into a carb-desiring frenzy! Clearly Dukaning the weeks coming up to Christmas and focusing on getting mainly protein in over the holidays kept my appetite in check and I am on my second day of PP again. Doing a mini-attack post-off-piste-diversion and will go back to PV tomorrow. Pepped up to be sticking with it!

Wow hmw - 20lbs! Well done you :)

hmw
01-03-2012, 06:30 PM
@Samadhi - I’m looking forward to reading the recipes! I’ve just been eating my protein plain and mixing my oat bran in yogurt. I looked back at some older post on here and I found a few recipes that are awesome!

@Thelittlestbobo - Congratulations on sticking with the diet during the holidays! And I wish I could say thank you but I haven’t lost 20 lbs yet, my mom has with the Dukan diet. She’s had gastric bypass surgery done 3 years ago and never lost a lb with it, but she’s doing great with this diet. However, I’m just getting started.

Samadhi
01-03-2012, 09:11 PM
:welcome3:ClaireBear92

I hope to reach all my goals in the first half of 2012 and then move onto consolidation for about a year!

Flora37 we will be here to celebrate with you!!!!

hmw :welcome: to you too. Glad to hear about your Mom's success with Dukan.

I did okay over the holidays...wasn't "pure" Dukan but am back on track now and feeling better about it already.

I was way down on my water intake due to travel....didn't want to make everyone stop constantly. It has been a positive for me though because I found how much I miss my water and how good it makes me feel when I get a lot of it each day. :D

I also know I need support so I am counting on all of you to help me be a loser!!!!

Do you weigh in weekly or daily????

Here is the website I have found some good recipe's on:
http://mydukandiet.com/

:dust:

I am grateful for:
Soup :)
Computers
Family
My Car

Water 66oz
Treadmill 35 minutes

She who has health, has hope; and she who has hope, has everything.
Thomas Carlyle

hmw
01-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Kudos to you for not giving up on the diet during the holidays!

And that’s a wonderful website. I’ve already started a recipe book to get ready for the next phase, and I had to make the cookie recipe tonight, its really good!
Any recipes you recommend trying from that website?

I do a weigh in every morning as soon as I get up, and that’s because I feel like the 50lbs I’ve gained just slipped up on me so to speak. I used to never weigh myself, didn’t even have a scale in the house till December. So I've made it a habit to keep myself in check and its like a daily reminder of what I’m working for.

9jachic
01-04-2012, 12:14 AM
hi everyone, I am new to the Dukan thing, started reading up on it since my sister lost 35lbs in less than 6 months, she looks GREAT. So, i read up on it and I just started the PP today. The thing is that I am really not a big meater and I don't eat eggs, so today I had fat free cottage cheese (how much can you eat a day), in the morning and a fat free greek yogurt. For lunch I had minced chicken with seitan. For dinner I had minced chicken with some onions. I weighed 236.8 this morning and this evening (should not have weighed myself, I weighef 239. I am already feeling depressed. ugh.

I forgot to buy the oat bran so I will buy it tomorrow. I should be on the PP for 7 days or so. Any words of wisdoms?

Thelittlestbobo
01-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Hi 9jachic

Congrats to you for starting Dukan!

Some quick advice - your weight will fluctuate during the day so don't stress about that too much. I really, really urge you to stick with the 'attack' phase for the week and you will see a difference!

I find that not thinking of breakfast in the traditional sense helps me plan PP days, I just have something that I would have for lunch twice or whatever I make for dinner I make a bit extra and the leftovers are breakfast for me. Not very inventive but helps me stick with it.

Best of luck!

Flora37
01-04-2012, 02:26 PM
So good to hear from newcomers! I can vouch for Dukan as working!

Samadhi - thanks for the encouragement.

I am back on Dukan PP! - cold meats for dinner tonight.

Flora x

hmw
01-04-2012, 08:35 PM
@9jachic Congrats on starting the diet! words of wisdom for the attack: Drink lots of water/ diet green tea(the citrus kind is good) and if you have to travle be ready to make lots of potty stops.

I'd like to know why he limits the amount of exercise to just 30 minutes?

I decided to start the cruise phase today, because I was getting bad headaches, and the website recommended I do a six day attack. Also I’ve read elsewhere that moving on to the cruise helps take care of the headaches.

9jachic
01-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Hi Guys,

So weighed in this morning and I was down 3lbs my first day of the PP Phase. So, I am happy about that. I know it is 99.9% water weight but it still feels good. So Yay ME.

I thought that I did well today but I suspected that I may have gone over my non fat dairy allowance. Can i have an unlimited amount of fat free dairy products or not? So, here is what I ate so maybe I can get some feedback from you guys on my food intake. So:

Breakfast:
Coffee with fat free milk
oikos Fat free plain yogurt
Lunch
A LOT of minced chicken
Snack
Chobani fat free yogurt and a tablespoon of cottage cheese (yum combination)
Dinner
Breast and Thigh Rottiserie Herb Chicken from wholefood (no added oil-allegedly)
Snack
Oat bran with fat free milk
and 2 litres of water a day
So what are your thoughts on my food intake.
Thanks guys

Flora37
01-05-2012, 06:59 AM
9jachic - I think that looks great and so exciting being on the attack phase. I don't worry about going over the dairy limit if it is fat free and eat lots of protein - lots of minced chicken is fine!
When I feel really nibbly I have hot skimmed milk with a sprinkle of powdered vanilla bean and it does the trick.

After all my Xmas and New Year digressions I have lost 1lb in three weeks. Suspect it was more gaining 5lbs and then losing 6lbs over the past few days...! But I am back on complete plan now so expect good losses over the next few weeks.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Flora x

Samadhi
01-05-2012, 09:49 AM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to see all the posts..work is keeping me TOO busy...I will be back later today...

I feel inspired again after reading the posts.

THANK YOU

9jachic
01-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Omg, my energy level is kinda low today but still sticking with it. Forgot to weigh myself this morning, so will check in the morning. The only thing is that my breath is super funkified, like dragon breath galore. I am chewing gum, drinking water and chewing on mint/parsly leaves, That better get better cause I cant be skinny with funky breath, that would be a disaster.

Anyhoos, lets move on from my halitosis. hehehe. Hope you guys are doing well. I have 3 more PP days left. Think I will have steak for dinner tonight.

I can't wait till I get my own weight ticker thing below, i think that would be cool to watch the weight go down. ok, let me stop, i am delirious and incoherent.

Samadhi
01-05-2012, 08:37 PM
hmw: I did these two and LOVE :val1: them.
Chicken Soup
Allspice
Bay leaf
Black Pepper to taste
Carrots 1
1 med size Celery
2 mid size Chicken breast
2 Chicken Stock Cubes
2 Chicken thighs
1 Leek
Parsley
Salt to taste
Instructions
Put the meat into a pot and cover with 2l of cold water (so that the meat is all covered).

Chop carrots, celery, leek, parsley (stem) into medium sized pieces and add into the water. Add allspice, bay leaf, black pepper and a bit of salt. You can also add a low fat stock cube.

Boil and then leave on low heat for about an hour.

When cooked take out the meat and remove any bones. Cut it into small chunks and serve with the broth.

Chili
Ingredients
8 oz Organic Salsa chili powder
3 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp Cumin
Garlic clove
16 oz Tomato puree
1lb Turkey
Brown Ground turkey adding chili powder, cumin and minced garlic.

Add tomato puree, salsa and 16 oz of water

Cook on medium heat for 20 -25 minutes

9jachic:welcome2: Don't feel depressed...this will be fun!!!!

Thelittlestbobo I do that too...had chili today for breakfast.:)

When I feel really nibbly I have hot skimmed milk with a sprinkle of powdered vanilla bean and it does the trick.

Flora37 That sound good...I am going to have to try that.

66 oz of water today
NO exercise.. :(

I am grateful for:
Dianne
My Boss
My brother
55 degree weather
Chili ;)

Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.Ē

So with this quote I am setting two mini goals.

1. Weigh less than 240 by 01/13/2012
2. Weigh less than 233 by 02/14/2012

I am expecting your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9jachic
01-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Thank you all for all the welcome, I appreciate very much.

Flora37
01-06-2012, 04:56 AM
Samadhi - loving the soup recipe! I'm not a fan of chili, but using turkey mince in lots of dishes at the moment.
I made an amazing soup with the turkey carcass after Christmas - let it cool and skimmed off ALL the fat - and it was yummy.
Soups are good as they are so filling - but I always get tempted to have bread with soup!
I'm here for moral support with your challenges!

This week I am trying hard to stay on plan. I have had a horrible headache for the past 2 days which isn't helping - but I am determined. Yesterday was a PV day and was quite easy - today back on PP and also have a funeral to attend so it may not be such an easy day... once I get used to the structure of it again I will be fine. Over Christmas and New Year I only had maybe 6 glasses of wine and 2 desserts, but had too many PV days. Probably more akin to consolidation (but I am not there yet!)

I am aiming for 185lbs by Valentines Day. Probably a realistic target.

Have a great day!
I hope the new Dukaners are doing well on Attack - let us know how you are getting on!

Flora x

Thelittlestbobo
01-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Hi all!

9jachic - keep sticking with it, there is usually a day or two of feeling completely crap but when I got over mine I just felt sooo much better! The halitosis is probably coming from just eating pure protein so when you get to Cruise it shouldn't be an issue for you, I hope!

Hadn't weighed myself in a week till this morning as had the whole NY festivities in the meantime but delighted to be down a pound regardless! I knew it yesterday though, I just knew that I had managed knock some off so was delighted to see the validation on the scale! Also tried on my old skinny-fit jeans that I haven't fit into in about 6 months and they closed!! Muffin top, but 2 weeks ago there was no way the button would close, so I consider that progress. That's my mini-goal, Samadhri, to fit comfortably into those jeans again! That and to be back in the 'Healthy' BMI range by next week. I am 1lb off that so that is the more immediate 'mini-goal' and the jeans my 'work-in-progress-mini-goal' :)

That soup sounds delicious Flora! I did something similar and it just tastes so good. Agree about the bread though. I love wholegrain bread so I looking forward to Consolidation where I can have a treat meal of a delicious chunky soup and a slice of buttered wholegrain bread!

Good luck with the Valentine's day target! I definitely think you can do it!

Flora37
01-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Thelittlestbobo - my aim is to get out of the obese BMI back into overweight lol!!!

Then I will start to aim for the "healthy" weight area!

Thanks for the encouragement x

hmw
01-06-2012, 09:25 AM
@9jachic - I’m right there with you on the ticker, 20 days seems like a long time. But good things come to those who wait. And on the plus side we’ll have some weight loss on it instead of starting from the beginning!

@Samadhi - Chicken soup sounds good, especially with the weather getting colder. I’m going to make the chili tonight! Thanks for recommending them! You'll be at your second mini goal before you know it!

@Flora37 - 185lbs by Valentines Day is a great target, you’ll get there!

From the website that Samadhi posted before they have a turkey meatball recipe that I’ve changed up a little, just to break the turkey monotony and save time. And I now love ground chicken!

Chicken Meatballs
Ingredients
1lb Ground chicken
2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Then line a baking pan with aluminum foil, or use non stick pan. Place 9 meatballs on the pan. (2 spoons per meatball) Place in oven, bake for 25-30 minutes.

Samadhi
01-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Hi,

I bought everything for those "balls". :cp:hmw Great idea for protein just ready when I feel like I want something.

my aim is to get out of the obese BMI back into overweight lol!!!
Cracked me up Flora37 I am right there with you!!

Dukan is great but I do kinda wish there was a Chocolate/Wine diet out there that worked.:o:lol::o:o

Thelittlestbobo It does really feel good when your clothes fit better and/or getting loose...:carrot:

9jachic glad you are joining us...

66 oz of water today
NO exercise..

I am grateful for:
Cousins
Sun
No snow
YOU!!!

This stood out for me today.
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
Theodore Roosevelt

Mini Goals
1. Weigh less than 240 by 01/13/2012

hmw
01-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Thanks! I hope yaíll enjoy them! I had Chili and a small salad for dinner tonight, it is amazing! Iíd recommend anyone who likes chili to try it, its soooo good. :drool:

GreyDawg
01-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Hi all --

Tomorrow I will start Dukan, having been reading about it and "practicing" for a couple of weeks. I plan to do Attack for five days. As a micro-brewer, not having a beer will be the hardest. Not having broccoli will be second hardest!

current weight: 140 lbs
goal weight: 125 lbs

Planned menu:
Breakfast:
eggbeaters scrambled with some non fat cottage cheese and about 1/3 of the daily oat bran, plus some BeneFiber

Lunch: "tuna goop:" equal parts tuna in water and nonfat cottage cheese +Benefiber

Dinner: grilled flank steak marinated in soy and red wine with garlic
Desert: greek yoghurt with the rest of the daily oat bran, +Benefiber

I think this is all consistent with the plan. However, my "snack" is where I have doubts: almond milk + whey protein powder, which together have 8g carbs and 21g protein, so similar to greek yoghurt.

How does this sound?

thanks!

9jachic
01-07-2012, 04:58 AM
Hi all --

Tomorrow I will start Dukan, having been reading about it and "practicing" for a couple of weeks. I plan to do Attack for five days. As a micro-brewer, not having a beer will be the hardest. Not having broccoli will be second hardest!

current weight: 140 lbs
goal weight: 125 lbs

Planned menu:
Breakfast:
eggbeaters scrambled with some non fat cottage cheese and about 1/3 of the daily oat bran, plus some BeneFiber

Lunch: "tuna goop:" equal parts tuna in water and nonfat cottage cheese +Benefiber

Dinner: grilled flank steak marinated in soy and red wine with garlic
Desert: greek yoghurt with the rest of the daily oat bran, +Benefiber

I think this is all consistent with the plan. However, my "snack" is where I have doubts: almond milk + whey protein powder, which together have 8g carbs and 21g protein, so similar to greek yoghurt.

How does this sound?

thanks!

Hi there,
Welcome to the group. I think you plan sounds good, is benefiber a part of the Dukan? I really have not had a need for it. The Oat Bran does all the "movement' that I need. It might also make you gassy and constipated, if you don't normally take it. The only other concern I have is the wine marinade, I am not sure if that is approved particularly because of the sugar content, I could be wrong. I also recommend using low sodium salt and drink loads of water after your dinner so you dont retain water from increased sodium.

I am going into day 5 of the attack phase and as of ths morning I have lost about 7lbs so it totally works, even though I cheated by adding beansprout to my soup today. I also went out to dinner and the chicken clearly had oil in it so I dont think I will have lost any weight tomorrow. You will be great just keep on keeping on.

GreyDawg
01-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi --

Thanks for the welcome and reply.

The red wine marinade is 1/4 cup red wine + 1/4 cup lite soy, and it marinates 1.5 lbs of flank steak, so if that's 4 serving, it works out to 1Tbsp per serving -- but most of the marinade isn't actually consumed (ie, it's left in the ziploc bag). I don't know a good alternative for tenderizing and flavoring a flank steak -- any ideas?

So, you think the Benefiber might not be a good idea? I certainly don't expect to see it in Dukan's book, since it is an American product, but 1.5T of oat bran isn't a lot of fiber.

But -- and I"m sorry if this is a dumb or crude question -- isn't the purpose of adequate fiber to help things move? And the American Cancer Society says adults need 25-35g of fiber per day. How can Benefiber actually constipate you? That's the opposite effect! :?:

Also you are concerned that your chicken "clearly had oil on it" -- but surely skinless chicken, and flank steak and other meats need a very thin veneer of oil when they are grilled? Otherwise they will stick to the grill, right? They stick to my grill...

Thanks,
GreyDawg

Samadhi
01-07-2012, 11:37 AM
not having a beer will be the hardest. Not having broccoli will be second hardest

I hear ya on that one GreyDawg...it's nice to have beer sometimes but I REALLY miss broccoli.

I am going into day 5 of the attack phase and as of ths morning I have lost about 7lbs so it totally works I am going on Attack again starting tomorrow, 9jachic I need to make up for the "sins" of the holidays plus I want to be under 240 by Friday. Friday is our company Christmas Party!!! I know...I know...but we always have it in Januray as everyone is so busy during December. They take us to a dinner theatre where I know the food isn't Dukanized (is that a word?)

GreyDawg I have tried Benefiber and Metemucil in the past and they both made me constipated. BUT my family has a history of that problem anyway. The only thing that has helped me is a cleanse - which you can't or shouldn't do everyday so I am still on the quest for a solution to this problem.

I do drink at least 66 oz of water a day and always have 2 tbls of oat bran...but that has only help "sort of". (too much information :lol: )

I am also going to come here and post more - you can just ignore my ramblings, but I find coming here keeps me "grounded" in the weight loss process.

Flora37
01-07-2012, 03:09 PM
I've been eating broccoli since I started the cruise phase - but only in a meal where I combine it with either asparagus or eggplant. Doesn't seem to do me any harm.

hmw - love the recipe for chicken meatballs - am going to try it out.

Having a Dukan "fry up" tonight woohoo!!!

Samadhi - good to know that someone else is in that "bracket"!

Flora x

hmw
01-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Hello and welcome abroad GreyDawg! I have a few suggestions for tenderizing flank steak, let it soak in diet sprit overnight before you cook it. Or you can soak it in milk and egg mix. I’m not crazy, diet sprit is an old trick I use to tenderize my deer meat. And I think Benefiber in moderation would be a good idea, maybe one glass a day, and once you get to 2T of oat bran you’ll want to back on that.
A tip I recommend for grilling chicken without any oils, boil it first, then grill it.

I’ve done well as far as sticking with the diet up until tonight. I was invited to a bear picking and the deer stew had beans, bacon, and potatoes. I didn’t want to be rude so I ate two bowls.

Samadhi - we look forward to your ramblings, what’s a support forum without some rants?
Flora – I agree with you, it doesn’t do any harm to have broccoli. It’s even better if it’s mixed in with other goodies.

GreyDawg
01-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi all --

Thanks for your replies and advice yesterday. I've decided to start Attack on Monday rather than Saturday, and rethink my menus a bit.

the marinated flank steak is back in the freezer; I'll wait until later for that
I need to think of another meat -- 10% ground beef, perhaps?
I need to rethink seasonings in light of "sodium" -- for example, normally I cook up a hamburger seasoned with Worcestershire sauce.
I'll ditch the Benefiber idea and just stick with Oat Bran

The sodium issue is interesting, and one I've never really thought about, since I don't eat much processed food (egg beaters and nonfat cottage cheese) and I don't use table salt, or rarely cooking salt. But of course many other seasonings have sodium (hence the Lite Soy sauce).

So I started reading labels yesterday, and Yikes! there's a whole buncha sodium everywhere! Egg beaters, nonfat cottage cheese, canned tuna in water...

Should I try to avoid this "normal" dietary sodium, or just not add any more?

(Sorry to pester you with naive questions, I live in a rural area very far from a bookstore, so I'm gleaning all my information about Dukan from websites and forums.)

Thanks!

Flora37
01-08-2012, 01:41 PM
GreyDawg - once you have achieved the attack phase you should find cruise pretty easy - rules for me are - drink more water than you think you need - always have eggs and cooked chicken available - don't add additional seasoning to anything (packet marinades and sauces are usually bad - but mustard and vinegar are OK).
I have no carbs religiously - but sometimes have loads of veggies on a PV day. You don't have much weight to lose so you should find it pretty easy. Good luck!

Flora x

9jachic
01-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Hi everyone, I think I did well on 5 out of 6 attack days, today was supposed to be my last day. I was good upto this evening when I started cooking my lunch for my first PV day (big mistake, huge, mega), I could not stop munching on the carrots and red peppers. I did not realize how "sweet" red peppers were. Then I felt the need for something with a crunch and I grabbed 2 cookies so I am a bit mad at myself. I was doing pretty well. I mean, I have lost 8lbs so far so why would I sabotage? Anyway, I hope you guys are doing better and "feeling" better about yourself. I am working on the latter part.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/slider0/lb/236.8/170.8/228.6/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

9jachic
01-09-2012, 12:39 AM
The other good thing is that i got my ticker... woohoo.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/slider0/lb/236.8/170.8/228.6/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Filcha
01-09-2012, 01:09 AM
Hello all,

Have been reading this thread with interest and would like to join as I feel I may need some extra support as the weeks drag on. I am one of those people that has slowly put on weight over many years - until it finally gets to the 'I must do something about it!' point.

I started Dukan on New Years day, with a 4 day attack and am now on day 5 of cruise. I am using a variable PP/PV plan. This morning was a little depressing as it was the first day since I started that the scale moved in the wrong direction - up 1 lb! (I'm used to metric but am trying to convert everything to fit in here). Hopefully that was just an aberration (ate too much too late last night??) and things will improve tomorrow.

So far the worst part of the diet is having to plan PP meal days. The PV ones aren't so bad although lunches for work even on PV days require extra thought and effort. I don't feel hungry very often, which is nice. I had my first 'test' on Saturday night when I went to a friend's place for a BBQ. Ate only satay chicken sticks and some salad - was very pleased that I managed to resist the yummy looking desserts!

My darling husband has decided to join me on the Dukan journey, which has helped enormously. He has less weight to lose than me but when there is the two of us I will go to a lot more effort with the meals etc than I would if it were just me.

Now I just have to work out how to get one of those ticker things!
<Edit> Just read that I can't have a ticker until I have been a member for 20 days... hopefully will be well on my 'weigh' by then!

<edit 2> Just a quick question... there seems to be some discussion of broccoli above. I thought that was one of the 'good' vegetables and could be eaten freely on PV days. Am I wrong? Have I missed something?

Thelittlestbobo
01-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Hi all,

Woohoo! I have my ticker. Glad I put it up today as I am having a bad day. Haven't diverted from Dukan but I don't know what has happened - I am having the strongest cravings! What is bugging me is that the cravings aren't for a product in particular, i.e. chocolate or crisps, but non-specific I-want-to-eat-a-carb craving and I really don't trust that. I know that if I cave I will feel awful and almost as though I am sliding backwards. If it were a craving for a particular thing, i.e. a bar of chocolate, I think I could cope better. I could think about it, weigh it up and make a conscious decision to have it and either decide to have it or not. Today though I am under a lot of work stress, big life decisions to be made and I think that that has sent my brain haywire. Pre-Dukan I would have a tube of Pringles and probably a packet of fruit pastilles on my desk to munch mindlessly while I dealt with the stress!

Ok, feel better now for getting it off my chest. Looking forward to dinner - boiled lean ham. I don't care if its not totally Dukan but intend to have no fat and if I can get through today without caving to carbs I will consider it a success nonetheless!!!

Down 1/4lb...not great but at least its in the right direction!

Filcha - welcome and well done. I have the Dukan book, just not with me right now so I can't check about broccoli right now. However, I have stuck to 'above ground veg' (ex, peas, sweetcorn and the obviously carb-y ones) as my general rule for PV days. I had broccoli a couple of times the past month and it didn't derail me.

Hang on...where's my ticker! Back to the drawing board to figure it out...hmmm, been registered more than 20 days and have created the ticker (twice)...hopefully tomorrow I can sort it out!

hmw
01-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Hello everyone, I hope you’ve all got a great start on the week! I made so much chili for lunch during the week, maybe too much.

9jachick- Nice ticker! And Congratulation on the 8lb.s you’ve dropped!

Filcha - Welcome to the flock! I checked the book for you and YES you can have broccoli, it’s on the list of 100 natural foods that keep you slim. You can Google that list and it should be somewhere on the web. I printed a copy of it to go on my frig.

Thelittlestbobo - Any weight loss is good weight loss! Someone posted else where that you have to have at least 20 post for the ticker to work. I went to the game part of this site and racked up to 20 post that way. Now I’ve just got to wait out my 20 days in the hole.

GreyDawg
01-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Attack Day 1

Having sorted my plans a bit thanks to advice here on the weekend, I started today.

Scale first thing this morning said 139.5 lbs.

Breakfast: Costco egg-beaters scrambled with non-fat cottage cheese, oat bran
Lunch: 200g ground beef, 90% lean, as a grilled patty with stone ground mustard
Late afternoon: almond milk (12 oz) plus whey protein powder
Supper: 146g grilled chicken breast (marinated in lime juice) + 1 chicken sausage
Desert: 8 oz Kirkland greek yoghurt

For liquid, I've had my morning black decaf coffee, water, club soda with a squeeze of lime, and now for the evening I'm drinking mugs of herb tea. No sweeteners.

Now, I'm a bit of a geek so I've weighed and tracked everything in a spreadsheet. Today's numbers come in as:

carbohydrates: 27g (15g sugars from dairy)
fats: 43g (the 90% lean beef is the primary source)
protein: 181 g
calories: 1,247

I'm not at all hungry, but it seemed odd to eating so much meat at lunch, and not to have a proper "dinner" with veggies tonight.

Feedback?

Filcha
01-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks for confirming that for me, hmw. I have ordered the book but until it arrives I am relying on web sources. I have researched fairly thoroughly so I am feeling pretty confident.

I bought lots of vegies but haven't had much time to cook this week - so I am starting to panic about lunches and dinners for the end of the week. There maybe a late-night cook-up happening tonight! Although it is good that DH is doing this with me, he needs such a lot of meat and salad for his lunches when he is not eating carbs. I am struggling to keep up with him.

Anyway, the good news is that the scales moved in the right direction this morning. Would like it to speed up a bit but I'll have to be patient and diligent.

Stinabear
01-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Hi everyone! Brand new to the site and started Dukan on the 6th with a 6 day attack plan.
I'm a mother of three with the youngest being 7months. Having a baby and enjoying all the holiday food, sweets and drinks I'm at a steady 180 at 5'5".
Thats enough about me, now onto my confession.

I blew it today. I felt the bloat coming on last night... By morning it was here and i fought it and fought it untill I could stand no longer and due to hormonal changes had nachos and a snack size hersheys so I wouldnt take it out on my family lol

Picking back up where I left off tomorrow. But Thursday is my birthday and I sure do want sushi......

Anyway, glad to be here. Im gonna need all the support I can get having had success with south beach years again only to gain it all back...

-Stina

Filcha
01-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Stinabear - welcome from another newbie!

I guess you're not breastfeeding as that's probably not a good idea with this diet. Must be hard dieting with young kids around - mine are still around but grown-up now. Good luck!

Flora37
01-10-2012, 05:03 AM
Hello to the newbies. Good luck with your Dukan journeys.

Thelittlestbobo
01-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Greydawg - I think that looks great. I am tracking my food aswell just to keep an eye on it and make sure my carb intake stays low and to see how my calorie intake is stacking up. I am varying between 800-1200 but haven't felt hungry in weeks.

Hi Stina - congrats on the start and good luck with sticking with it! Don't worry about your relapse or your b-day Thursday. Try stick as close as you can and then get back on the wagon. You made a great start with 6 days of attack so good luck sticking with it!

hmw - thanks for the tip, thought it was just the 20 days I had to wait! Took your suggestion and went nuts in the Games forum :)

So, finally, I have my ticker...keep on moving to the right little penguin!

Samadhi
01-10-2012, 08:27 AM
WELCOME to the newbies....I have been swamped at work - writing performance evaluations....could send me to the chocolate factory!!! :o

Anyway, will post more later just wanted to say hi.:wave:

Flora37
01-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Samadhi - Don't do it! STEP AWAY from the chocolate!

Filcha
01-10-2012, 11:01 PM
It's great seeing you all your tickers showing your progress. First week on Cruise has been a little up and down for me. Perhaps I've been getting a little carried away with the 'eat as much as you like of (most) allowed foods'. Maybe some smaller portion sizes will help... But I do like that I am rarely hungry and (so far) have had no cravings for chocolate or potato crisps/corn chips. (Some of my many weaknesses.)

Samadhi
01-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Flora37 :chockiss:

Thank you!!! so far so good!!!! NO chocolate. Today is the last review I have to do so THEN I will have some time to post.

Flora37
01-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Filcha - I wouldn't worry about quantities of allowed foods. I never have. I don't want to get into the feeling of being on a "diet" which is why Dukan is working for me.

Samadhi - good for you! Look forward to hearing about your progress.

Catastrophe today - our scales have stopped working and it isn't the battery (I must have stood on them and broken them!!!!) So no weigh in tomorrow which is annoying. I may have to go and buy a new set.

Hope everyone else is doing well especially those on the attack phase!

Flora x

Flora37
01-11-2012, 05:10 PM
HAD to post to you all.
Snuck over to my Mum's house to weigh in.
Have lost 3lbs this week and this means I am just more than half way to my goal!!!!

9jachic
01-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Flora37, well done that is superb!

I am doing well still holding fast in the 8lb range, I really would like drop below 225 soon. I feel like that is when I can be convinced that this is not just water weight. I am really missing crunch in my diet and that is my biggest challenge. Everytime I see buscuits, crackers, cardboard.... I just want to munch away at it. Anyway, off to eat my non crunchy snack, yogurt.

Samadhi
01-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Flora 37
:carrot::cb::cb::cp::encore::cheer2::congrat::chee r3::cheers::cheer::yay:

SO happy for you!!!

Filcha
01-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Flora37, thanks for the words and congrats for making half-way!

I went well in attack (6lbs on 4 day attack) but have lost 1lb by last day of first week on cruise today, and most of that early in the week - have stalled the last 4 days. I have been sticking to plan and doing approx 30 min walks (sometimes more, sometimes a little less) so feeling a little down-hearted at the moment. Have a big weekend with lots of social engagements coming up so that is going to be difficult. I need a little encouragement from the scales to keep me strong! I'm trying to be patient, just expected a little more loss after my diligence and all that special cooking and preparation I've been doing in the evenings. Maybe tomorrow...

Flora37
01-12-2012, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the congrats!
Filcha - I find with Dukan that the loss happens in odd steps - one week 1lb then the next 3lbs. So stick with it!
9jachic - Can't help much with the crunch I'm afraid - carrots on PV days???

Samadhi
01-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Flora37 I am going to be a copycat - you are inspiring me.

I am not going to make my Friday goal....I have not exercised this week and have had TOO MUCH sodium. It's my own fault but I have to face facts.

Also, just found out this morning my friend passed away and her funeral is Monday. :cry: I am glad I went to visit her when I did because she passed much sooner than we thought she would.

So, time to get serious and lose this weight...

hmw
01-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Flora- Congratulation on your weight loss and thank you for sharing with us! HALF WAY!!! You go girl! Its very encouraging to see you so hyped about your weight loss! And for me its nice to see some positive news.

Samadhi - Its always difficult having a friend pass on, you have to focus on the good times and great memories. Anyone who comes into your life and makes a difference lives on in your heart, and you will always have them there along with all the good times the two of you had together. I’m going through a similar situation, we’ve just got to keep going and be there for those around us.

I didn’t do so well with the diet yesterday, I just broke down and had me a cheeseburger and about 15 heresy’s kisses. Everything just went wrong yesterday. But I’m back on the wagon today got to press on.

Flora37
01-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Samadhi - nice to know I can inspire others!!! I am SO happy about my weight loss. A friend of mine died recently and her funeral was last Friday and it was a difficult time so I feel your pain. The funeral service for my friend was all jumbled and a right old mess but I couldn't help thinking that my friend would have giggled. Nice to think of the special memories of your friend and try to think of those in the coming days x

hmw - sorry to hear about your cheeseburger and hersheys blip. Thankfully neither of those are things I would blip on - I'm more of a brie and cadburys chocolate craver. Keep at it though - you don't have that much to lose!

Flora x

Pipplater
01-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Can I join you please?

I have been reading on here for a while and have finally plucked up courage to join in!

I'm quite new to Dukan-ing and would appreciate help and encouragement. I've finished a 3 day attack and on day 5 on cruise (so day 9 altogether) and 5lbs down. I'd not have loads to lose, just another 16lbs to get to my 'true weight'.

I've never been great at sticking to diets but I'm quite amazed how easily I'm sticking to this. The first 3 days were pretty tough; I felt sick, tired and had awful indigestion. Since then it has got easier and my cravings have pretty much gone. I'm exercising quite a bit so hoping that the weight will come off soon!!

So a few questions.... Is the oat bran just to prevent the dreaded constipation? The weird thing is I have always suffered from dreadful constipation but this diet has cured it!! Do I still need to continue with the oat bran? I haven't had any for a few days...
And do you think that doing PP during the day and PV for evening meal would make loads of difference?

Flora37
01-13-2012, 05:28 AM
Welcome Pipplater! Glad you feel confident to join us.
It does make a difference to me if I do PP day and PV evening - those weeks are the ones where I have lost less weight. It might work for you though - try it and see!
Do continue with the oat bran or you will get a "problem"!

hmw
01-13-2012, 02:48 PM
:hat: Nice of you to join in Pipplater! I also recommend using oat bran everyday.

So Iíve been wanting chicken salad for a while and Iíve attempted to make a Dukan approved version of it.

I boil 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, chop them up add ĺ cup nonfat plain yogurt then add two tablespoons sweet salad cubes. (I used a splenda version of sweet cubes made by mt.olive) Then top it of with celery seed.
I might try adding 2 boiled eggs to the mix. Thought Iíd share with yaíll incase we got some chicken salad lovers on here. :chicken:
I hope everyone has a good weekend, keep on Dukaning!

9jachic
01-14-2012, 04:40 PM
I am on day 6 of Cruise and I really stalled after the 8lbs attack weight loss, dont get me wrong, I cheated with cookies on 2 occasion but i thought I should have lost more weight.

One thing Dukan has taught me is will-power, we had cupcakes at work and I did not have a single bite.... woohoo me. So all the hard work finally paid off and I have a total of 11lbs since Jan 3. I don't expect to always have huge results but I would love to lose 5lbs by end of the month. I think that once I get to 220, I can convince myself that it was not all just "water weight". Have a great weekend everyone and keep dukanning it out!

fadoo79
01-15-2012, 12:38 AM
Hello ladies,
I have been on a halt from dukaning for quiet sometime now for medical reasons. But now that I got the good to go, I would like to continue where I left. I don't have a lot to lose, but Its quiet a bit: 20 lbs.
I hope I can get there by the end of April where I intend to try and conceive another child.
It's nice to read all the support that's going on here, I missed that. Lots of new losers hopefully!
Good luck everyone and good weekend.
Glad to be back

Flora37
01-15-2012, 01:12 PM
hmw - thanks for the recipe - but don't know what sweet salad cubes are :-(

9jachic - way to go! Great loss and well done.

fadoo79 - glad you are well now and able to Dukan.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend; I have a very busy week this week so have a load of cold meats and fish at the ready for snacking!

Flora x

Filcha
01-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Just thought I would let you know that I am hanging in there. Had a busy weekend including a wedding so was pleased to stabilise for a couple of days and then had a nice little drop 300g = 2/3 lb this morning. That gives me a total weight loss so far of 3.8K = 8lbs. Almost 25% there. DH is going even better - he is not far from half way.

Welcome to pipplater and welcome back to Fadoo79. Everyone's comments help to keep me on track!

<Edit> Forgot to say I tried the Chili recipe from a few pages back. Had to do a little substitution as didn't have a dry salsa mix. Was good! DH ate SOOO much of it!

9jachic
01-16-2012, 01:14 AM
I finally solved my :"crunch" problem, I CAN EAT BREAD

I found this reciepe on-line, its Cruise Phase friendly, and it is delicious. I just made it today and it came out perfectly. I dont eat eggs so I used silken tofu to replace that. Seriously, this bread is out of control yummilicious. I don't recommend eating it every day. It makes me happy.

http://proteinweightlossdiet.net/dukan-bread/

I will also be trying the chile recipe too, looks great.

Samadhi
01-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Just a quick I AM BACK note and ready to DUKAN.

I SO was off for the last 4 days...I feel sick from the crap I ate. BUT today is a new beginning and I am going to be more accountable. I know when I don't do that I find it easy to slip up - and then slip up.

More later....

Flora37
01-16-2012, 06:24 PM
hi Samadhi - great to have you back with us. sorry you felt so sick from what you ate off plan - but good you are back on plan!
Flora x

Filcha
01-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Flora37 - you were so right! After a real struggle with losing weight on the first week of cruise, this week is going so much better! I have a lunch date tomorrow, hopefully I can find something Dukan-ish so as not to spoil my great week.

Samadhi
01-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Hi all, I have to really buckle down to meet my second goal. I am going to read my book again. I am needing some new food ideas because I am getting bored. It would help if I like to cook!!! :mad:

Pipplater:welcome2:

fadoo79:welcome3:

01/16/2012
66 oz of water
45 Min of Weights

I am grateful for:
Friends
Dukan
Aunts

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
Dalai Lama

Mini Goals
1. Weigh less than 240 by 01/13/2012 FAILED WAS AT 242

Flora37
01-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Samadhi

This post is for you and anyone else who doesn't like to cook

One of the things I have done is to beat a chicken breast flat. then coat in beaten egg, then dip in a bowl of oatbran and a few chopped herbs or spices. Then grill on both sides. It is YUMMY and completely on plan. And you get a bit of a crunch! It is like my own Dukan version of KFC lol

My other secret is LIVER - I know not everyone likes it - but liver and onions mmmmmmmm yummy.

Another good one is MUSSELS - steamed with some chopped shallots and chopped fresh ginger.

I am still "snacking" on skimmed milk with vanilla seeds from the pod.

Had a great day yesterday which was a PP day - I had turkey bacon and egg for breakfast, egg, cottage cheese and cold sliced meats for lunch, and for dinner some delicious prawns. It was the third day in a row I had fish.

I hope that helps to give you some ideas?

None of the cooking I do is fiddly. I can't be bothered when it is just for me.

Flora x

Flora37
01-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Filcha - one of the Dukan books does say that week 1 of cruise is the worst for weight loss when your system is readjusting to the new introductions into the diet. I forgot to tell you that before lol
Flora x

Samadhi
01-18-2012, 09:01 AM
beat a chicken breast flat. then coat in beaten egg
Flora is sounds to me like you just like to BEAT things :lol:

Flora37
01-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Samadhi - you are right!!! Think of the calories burned up in all that beating!

Filcha
01-18-2012, 09:41 PM
It is my understanding that you need only do 20 mins and there is no benefit to doing more but I think it is okay to do more. Some of the more experienced Dukaners maybe able to give a more definite reply. (I'm still reading through my book.)

Oh, and welcome!

9jachic
01-19-2012, 01:19 AM
Hi everyone,

Today was my birthday and I totally went off the Dukan, in fact, I have been out to dinner a 3 nights in a row. Tried to stay on the diet but was super hard. Getting back on track tomorrow. pretty sure that i put some weight on, the funny thing is anytime I eat something outside of the dukan plan i feel horribly weighed down and nauseated, you would think I would learn, right?

Anyway, still aiming for 220 by end of this month. Gonna get back on track and hopefully stay strong. Stay strong and keep everyone.

Flora37
01-19-2012, 06:15 AM
9Jachic - Happy Birthday!

Snaggly - Welcome!

I've been on Dukan since September and don't worry too much about the exercise component either way - some days I do more and others less. I still lose every week unless I have deviated from the diet a lot!

Latest news - I dropped a skirt size again and also a bra cup size! (sorry if TMI for some of you!)

Flora x

hmw
01-20-2012, 11:48 AM
@9Jachic - Itís a day late but Happy Birthday!!! :cheer2: Youíll get to 220 by end of this month, just hang in their! Iím aiming for the same!

@Flora - Thatís great! Iím so happy to hear that youíve dropped a skirt size again!!! Itís always encouraging to see people having success with the diet. :cp:

@Snaggly - :wave: Welcome!
I started the diet around the same time as 9Jachic and at the same weight, weíre still about the same in weight loss. I donít know what her exercise plan is, but I used to do about an hour a day, and I lost about the same amount of weight as other people during that part of the diet. So doing more exercise didnít help or hurt me. Now that my treadmill gave out on me Iím doing the walk at home videos, 20 to 30 minutes a day.
As far as counting calories, I donít do that because the book recommended not to. :mag:I just look at the carb and salt content in things that I eat. I think it says somewhere in the book that youíre going to eat more in the beginning and slowly progress to eating a balanced amount after the first phase of the diet.

9jachic
01-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks everyone for the bday wishes, I appreciate it. Its been a whole load of celebration. I tried to be good but really could have done a better job BUT I am getting back on track today.

You guys are doing really well Bravo to all of you.

hmw
01-21-2012, 08:20 PM
@Snaggly - Sounds like your off to a great start!

@9Jachic - Good to see that your B-day went well and your getting back on the wagon! :goodvibes:

I thought lean lunch ham rolls was a good idea for snacks but the lean lunch ham that I found had more salt in it that the regular ham… ugh :rollpin:

So found 2 turkey bacon recipe for the diet. One recommended using that pre-cooked bacon and soy cheese. Well I think that pre-cooked bacon taste like coffee, :barf:and I can not find soy cheese. So I’ve changed it up a bit.

One lb. turkey bacon - uncooked cut package in half
Cream Cheese - fat free
Egg whites
Muffin Tin

As seen in the attached picture. First layer two pieces of bacon in the muffin tin. Next add one spoon of cream cheese. Then fold it over to cover center, or you can add another piece of bacon to the center to cover it. Not pictured, add your egg whites this will hold it together. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Last in the picture is what it looks like when it's done.

9jachic
01-21-2012, 11:57 PM
@hmw....hmmm that looks great. yum

Filcha
01-22-2012, 11:45 PM
Hi all,

Congrats Flora on your size drop. This morning I found that my belt didn't have enough holes in it so that was really the first sign that I'm making progress. After a great Week 2 on Cruise I'm in another stall phase at the moment - only lost 1/2 lb over the last 4 days but I know to hang in there as it will hopefully drop again shortly!

My main problem with this diet is keeping up the food supply to DH when he is not allowed any 'fillers'! I had a bit of a cook up yesterday. Shall post my recipe for Oat bran and goji mini muffins when I fine tune it a little more...

Flora37
01-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Hello all and thanks for the continued encouragement.

Filcha - can't wait to see the muffin recipe!

Snaggly - you did well on the attack phase - keep on going!

hmw - have to say I don't much like turkey bacon or soy cheese! I did buy a HUGE piece of uncooked turkey fillet at the weekend which I am going to cook and slice to eat cold. Actually that is one of the Dukan "tricks" I often do - eating cold food which helps in weight loss.

Tonight we had grilled plaice fillet which was yummy and I made a sauce with fresh coriander and skim milk. Tomorrow we are out for dinner so probably a big salad for me.

Samadhi - hope all OK with you?

Flora x

hmw
01-23-2012, 11:13 PM
@Flora - I didn’t know cold foods can help in weight loss! Hmm…I’m going to have to try that. Thanks! I’d like to know more about these “tricks” you speak of. Please, hehe

9jachic
01-23-2012, 11:18 PM
@hmw, I am so proud of you. I cant believe you reached 221. That is freaking awesome, in fact darn superbly awesome, I kind of stalled on mine but that can be attributed to getting of course last week. I am now back on track. You have motivated me so much that you have no idea. great job and so happy for you. Bravo Zulu.

Flora37
01-24-2012, 09:00 AM
hmw - apparently when you eat cold foods your body has to work harder to warm them to body temperature and uses up more calories. Another reason why we all put on weight in cold weather when we eat warm food all the time.

Another dukan "trick" is to eat asparagus, artichoke or eggplant as they are natural diuretics and will help you to lose water weight without taking diuretic tablets.

Flora x

hmw
01-24-2012, 05:13 PM
@9jachic - That has made my day! Thank you so much! I’m glad it is motivating you as well, because your not that far from 221! You can get there in not time, just like you’ve done to lose those first 11 pounds. You can do it!

@Flora -That sounds like a good plan. I’ve at cold foods all day and I’m trying that for this week to see how my weight reacts to it. Thanks for sharing your tricks of the trade with us!

Samadhi
01-24-2012, 08:21 PM
snaggly I am there with you...I have been having a terrible time with that also. I have been trying to figure out what to do because I was so happy with the weight loss on Dukan but my body can't take the constipation.

Today I made my eggs & ham by using a few drops of Olive Oil and WA LAH....guess what happened???????????????:o

Latest news - I dropped a skirt size again and also a bra cup size! (sorry if TMI for some of you!)
Between us there is never TMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9jachic Sorry I missed your birthday - I was probably in the bathroom! :mad:

HELP
I need a snack...like Dorito's or popcorn.......but Dukan approved.

I eat a large breakfast and lunch because I prefer not to eat at night. I get up at 4AM, work until 5PM, go to the gym until 6PM then home to get ready for the next day. I go to bed early - 8:30PM so I don't want to eat much at night but have need for a small snack...I have been having turkey or some other protein but am really missing a crunch....any ideas?

Have any of you tried Atkins???? I know it allows fat and am wondering if that if what my body needs to "poo"....

I am SO grateful for all of you and this thread....

Filcha
01-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Snaggly,

Have you tried the optional 1 tablespoon of wheat bran in addition to the 2 tablespoons of oat bran? Rhubarb is very easy to cook up - I've been cooking it each week although I don't get to eat much of it - DH gets there first!

I'm just a bit worried if you add in fruit and grains (other than the brans) as it may knock you out of ketosis. I generally only do 2 or sometimes 3 PP days per week, I think the veggie days and brans help keep me 'semi-regular'.

Good luck with whatever you decide - you don't really have that much further to go!

Samadhi
01-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Filcha I do add the wheat...never made a difference. I drink 70 to 90 oz of water a day so that should be enough....I am in the bathroom ALL the time. Good thing my office is close to it! :lol:

I also drink coffee and in my thinner days that always worked too but NOT now! :mad: Of course I have never eaten this much protein before either.

Rhubarb - there is no such thing in Minnesota right now....:cry:

snaggly zucchini chips sound good. 2PP day week with the other 5 days eating whatever you liked as an option in the cruise phase I need to read the book again....that sounds VERY doable, I can make it two days.... Glad you mentioned this as it's good to have the option.

I need to understand ketosis more also... Hmmm so much to learn! ;)

Flora37
01-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Here we can get rhubarb most of the year and I rely upon it. Also making sure I have plenty of green veggies on PV days. Only had constipation twice since September.

Went out for dinner last night and had crab cakes which were off plan but didn't fancy the salads. Never mind. Hope I stay the same weight this week and don't gain - it's all I can hope for!

I bought the urine test strips for ketosis and they NEVER showed me being in ketosis even when I have had weeks where I have lost 4lbs. So I don't really understand it. Too much science. I eat less carbs I lose weight. Simple really.

Flora x

hmw
01-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Oh my goodness, the whole bathroom problem has me concerned. Like ya’ll I’m trying anything I can think of to help me go. Pills for that ain’t working, upping the amount of oat bran to 3 tablespoons still hasn’t worked. Any one try that yogurt that helps you go?

But I think my bathroom problem might be because I’m doing 5 days of PP and 2 of PV in between, with only 20 minutes of walking if that. My treadmill retired its self last week, so I’ve cut back my exercise. I’m going to get the walk at home videos and give that a try.

I eat less carbs I lose weight. Simple really.

^ And that is what I love about this diet!

@Samadhi - I’ve never done Atkins always tried the whole calorie counting thing or diet pills.

You might want to try oven roasted tomatoes, their a very good substitute for chips. I’ve tried baking everything to find a replacement for chips… it’s really difficult to cut out chips when my family keeps buying cheese doodles.

Flora37
01-25-2012, 06:08 PM
hmw - 5 days pp and only 2 x pp no wonder you are bunged up!!!! Have some diuretic vegetables like asparagus. Tinned will do.
Flora x

Filcha
01-25-2012, 07:08 PM
hmw,

I've heard (book?) that you shouldn't do more PP than PV on cruise. That is probably a large part of your problem. I'd try 1/1 and see how that goes. You should still drop weight quickly (quicker than me with my 2/5 or sometimes 3/4) but you may also be able to 'drop' something else occasionally!

Oh BTW, I'm 33% there today!

hmw
01-25-2012, 11:51 PM
@Filcha - Congrats on making the 33% mark! Well done!

Thanks, I'm going to give the 1/1 a try and hope that will help. I started out with the 5/5 the book talked about, then I just got used to the PP days and thats all I've wanted.

Samadhi
01-26-2012, 08:35 AM
hmwYou might want to try oven roasted tomatoes, their a very good substitute for chips.
I LOVE :love: tomato's...of course, once again - NONE here in MN except the anemic ones at the grocery store but they will have to do for now. Thanks...

I eat less carbs I lose weight. Simple really. My reason for loving it too....

I am going to "study" my book again....I have to get stocked up for next weeks food as my assistant at work will be on vacation so I will have to put in some long hours AND will be :stress:stressed.

I am grateful today for:
Dukan
This Thread - you have gotten me going again!!!
Family
Job
Good weather
Coffee :coffee:

Flora37
01-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Hi Samadhi - glad you are back on plan. I love tomatoes too - I love to slice them thinly and season with black pepper and a dash of balsamic vinegar. No crunch that way though!

Lost 2lbs this week. Better than last week but going out for dinner twice has made a difference. But now in the 180s... the target is starting to look attainable!

hmw - agree that 5 days PP may not be the best way to deal with waste retention!

Flora x

Samadhi
01-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Okay I have my tomato's now what....every recipe I see says to use olive oil??????????????????????

hmw
01-28-2012, 08:44 PM
@Flora - Congrats on the 2 lb. loss and getting into the 180‘s!

@Samadhi - If your baking them you can use parchment paper and they wont stick to the pan. I throw in some garlic with mine. it’s a great snack and easy to fix.

@ Snaggly - I’m glad to see that the 2/5 option is working for you and that your losing weight with that option.

Not trying to be too personal but during TOM and this diet does anyone else stop losing weight? It seems like I can’t lose any weight, but I’m not gaining either. Sorry it that’s too much.

Samadhi
01-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Happy Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am feeling better about this again so hopefully I can get my ticker moving...

I LOVE garlic also so this tomato snacking will be wonderful....

Congrats, snaggly and Flora on being losers this week.

hmw...probably holding on to all the fluids....when TOM is over you should be happy...in more ways than one!!! :joker:

"see ya" tomorrow....

hmw
01-28-2012, 10:04 PM
:rofl: I hope so...

Its awesome that your so excited about this diet! Good luck to you and everyone else this week! :goodvibes

Filcha
01-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Been away for a few days - glad to see everyone is doing well! Flora, you seem to be roaring along! Snaggly, yes sometimes it is too hot for our nightly walks! Manage to get them in most days though. We have a cyclone up north so it maybe our turn for the rain shortly.

A little bit depressed today as we had a few days away and tried to stay on plan. Probably had a few 'borderline' things and missed exercise on 1 day but heavier on return. I'm HOPING that perhaps we had more salt than usual and the new weight will disappear by tomorrow. Otherwise I think I will have to do an extra day of PP for penance.

Well, I now have a sig showing up in my userCP, so should go set it up... even though I am no longer 1/3 the way there. :(

Samadhi
01-30-2012, 08:38 AM
snaggly I have a very long way to go so I have to get on task. I am not good a doing things for myself, have a very stressful job and cave easily - using food for reward/comfort.

I was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia many years ago and not happy about that .... but keep working on living with it as pain free as possible.

No, no no...Filcha not penance you will do PP because it will help you to your goal. ;)

hmw I did the tomato thing but they were too "wet".... they taste good but aren't crispy!! :(

Maybe I will just have to live without crunch!!!! :tantrum:

Here's to all of us weighing less after this week.:cheers:

I am grateful for:
Monday
Job
Possibilities

A goal without an action plan is a daydream.

- Nathaniel Branden

I need to work on my action plan!!!

kerriscards
01-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Hello to you all..I have been reading the postings and lurking a bit..I have the book from the library and I am getting ready to start on the Attack phase. I don't want to pay to go on the Dukan web site so I thought I might join in here...:carrot:I know help and support are important..
Trying to get the kitchen clean and will now make my shopping list..I am trying to motivate my brain...i have done more diets over the years than i can count..WW the most but being a carb addict its hard to control the points..I like LC but the fat always makes me sick because I have had my gallbladder out.The Dukan plan looks like it might work for me.

hmw
01-30-2012, 05:40 PM
I made it out of obesity and into a overweight BMI range today!!!!!! :woohoo:

@Filcha - Your getting closer to your goal, hang in their! And try to keep a positive attitude about it. Enjoy setting up your new sig.!

@Samadhi - :cheers:
maybe you should try to grill them. I don’t know if that would make them crispy though. Your just going to have to start rewarding your self with good foods and learning to say no. That was my biggest problem on any diet I’m ever tried, until I told my family and friends to stop putting food in my face that they know I can’t eat. :club: Now I’ve got them nagging at me because I don’t exercise like I should.

@kerriscards - Welcome! I’m glad you decided to join in! This is a great place for help and support, there are some wonderful people on here and great advice givers. Good luck with the Attack phase.

Filcha
01-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Hi all and welcome to kerriscards!

Well I'm nearly back to the weight I was before I went away so a bit more cheerful today. Hopefully I can lose a little in the next couple of days as I would like to have a small nett loss for the week!

hmw - congrats on you BMI!

I wish I'd taken some body measurements at the start as although I haven't lost enough weight for anyone to notice yet, I can do the belt up another hole tighter!

9jachic
01-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Hi beautiful ladies (don't think we have any guys yet)

You guys are doing super great as usual.

I am doing well (sort of), I do great during the week but this weekend I visited the parents in PA and alas the food was not Dukan approved but I reallllllly cut down my portions. Today was good and i am really going to focus on drinking more water and also getting the exercise in because I have not been doing that so well with that. I dropped a couple of lbs but I know that if I really am more focused on the diet then I will lose more weight but I am so glad that I have lost 13lbs since Jan 3. I hope that by Feb 3rd I will have lost 14lbs to 15lbs. My jeans actually zip up so I dont have to wear long sweaters to cover the fact that my zippers dont go up...lmao

@Kerri, welcome to the group, these guys here are awesome and they really motivate me so much and every time I feel down I come on here and read the great posts of weight loss success and it reinvigorates me.

@filcha, my philosophy is one day at a time so take a deep breathe and start afresh everyday but plan on being a bit more on plan than the day before. Practice makes better and the key is as long as you are consuming less calories than before the weight will fall off sooner or later.

@hmw, during my TOM my weight totally stalled and I felt frustrated but the weight came off a day afterwards. just drink tons of water and it will be good, The other thing my sister told me (she lost tons on Dukan) was to reduce salt intake during TOM, in fact, she had no salt and it helped.

Has anyone tried the Dukan bread or Shirataki noodles? awesomeness on a late. I just made beef with low sodium soy sauce and shirataki noodles. LOVE IT.

Have a great week everyone and welcome to all the newbies and all others who are still on fence and not yet joined. Just jump on in and say hi.

Good night ALL.

Filcha
01-31-2012, 01:07 AM
9jcachic - 13lbs since Jan 3 - you are doing well! I started Jan 1 and have lost 12lbs.

With regard to TOM - I found that I stalled for a few days before hand, but then lost a lot.

And thanks to you all - our daily chats here really do help to keep me motivated!

Flora37
01-31-2012, 06:45 AM
Hello everyone - sorry have been so busy last few days.

Can't add to the TOM discussion as had my ovaries out last year but I used to bloat like crazy and hold water weight so expect that any lack of loss is down to water weight.

9Jachic - what are shirataki noodles? Can I eat them???

Flora x

Samadhi
01-31-2012, 08:57 AM
Kerri:welcome: I have found all this protein has helped me now want carbs. I think it is because I am just more satisfied.

snaggly How do you make your liver? I used to like it but had forgotten about it, until YOU!!! ;) I was a vegetarian for 20+ years so doing Dukan has been quite a change. My mind just doesn't think "meat"! :dizzy:

hmwI made it out of obesity and into a overweight BMI range today!! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cp::dance::drool: I want to be just like you!!!

FilchaWell I'm nearly back to the weight I was before I went away so a bit more cheerful today I am working my way back to 240....have few to make up for my past blunders. Glad you are nearly there...:bravo:

9jachic I blame my small gain partly on the food I had but also that I wasn't exercising...I was doing good walking at least 40 min a day on the :tread: but I also know I need to step it up more.

I always have the "time" excuse...have to get over that!!!

Hey Flora missed you while you were busy....

So...I am super swamped at work this week - 12 hour days at least but am still thinking of my "plan". So I am posting my quote from yesterday again to keep me focused.

A goal without an action plan is a daydream.

- Nathaniel Branden

I am grateful for:
NO SNOW
Losing Weight
Treadmills
Water
Home

:dust::wl::workout::exercise::lifter:

kerriscards
01-31-2012, 09:07 AM
Thank you so much for the warm welcome..;) You are all doing so well that I know that if I stay around here I will do well also...I am almost afraid to think that I might do this with success after so many failures in the past.I know I need to do this for my health..The older we get and the closer to the end the scarier it becomes......I have been reading the old posts for tips Etc...I am looking forward to getting to know each one of you..

I have the kitchen ready, I hope so, all the junk out..Today I am headed to shop..Lots of meats and cottage cheese etc...The big start day will be 2/1/12

My big struggle will be the 1/2 and 1/2 in my morning coffee...I have tried skin milk, yuk I love my coffee creamy...My other hurdle is my evening cocktails,:o I always have a martini or 2 in the evening, this is a habit that will be hard to break after years and years..OK they say if I can stop doing anything for 21 days I will break that habit..

Have a wonderful day, BBL

9jachic
01-31-2012, 04:20 PM
Hello everyone - sorry have been so busy last few days.

Can't add to the TOM discussion as had my ovaries out last year but I used to bloat like crazy and hold water weight so expect that any lack of loss is down to water weight.

9Jachic - what are shirataki noodles? Can I eat them???Flora x

Shirataki noodles is basically noodles made with tofu so you can eat it in all phases. You can get it in china town or wholefoods. It has a slight funky smell when you open the package but rinse it out really good and pop in microwave for a45 secs to nuke the "aroma" and then cook as usual. I have had spaghetti bolognese etc and I have not felt carb deprived at all. They only have 40 calories. This is the one I buy

http://www.shiratakinoodles.net/

I still miss the crunch so I started making kale chips, it is awesome and I also made some dukan bread. I can have sandwiches, bread pudding, toast. I am happy on Dukan (except when I cheat).....

Hope that answered your question

Filcha
01-31-2012, 09:16 PM
Hi all,

The reason I was so miserable at gaining weight when I went away was not because I went off plan! That would've been understandable! We didn't - maybe a couple of borderline things - ie, the prawns and scallops were a bit oily, but mostly I cooked and had brought my oat bran cookies and no fat yoghurt from home. Only one day we missed exercise - but the day before we did heaps! I couldn't really work out the reason except perhaps a bit more salt in the bought food than what we were used to and perhaps eating a little more - even though it was basically plan food.

I have also tried the Shirataki noodles, although I am not sure what I got were real ones - they said they were made from yam starch - but there was next to nothing in them, as far as fat, calories, etc. They were okay for a change - I must admit the smell put me off a bit. I rinsed them well - didn't know about the nuking trick. I have another packet at home - will try that next time. Is that after you've rinsed and drained them or before?

Finally got below my pre-trip weight! If all goes well my figures for the week (my cruise weeks end on Thursdays) shouldn't be TOO bad!

9jachic - what are kale chips?

9jachic
01-31-2012, 09:58 PM
urgh i typed a response and lost internet access so I lost it all.
anyway, rinse the noodles under cold water, nuke in microwave with water. drain water and cook with boullion(sp).

I got the Kale recipe from dukaneer forum. I have also followed the same recipe and used courgettes, spinach, parsnips and I pretty much throw any and all vege in the oven with spices and hope for some crunch....so far, tomatoes and eggplant comes out wet but I just add low fat ricotta to it and it taste great. I love roasted tomatoes with ricotta on top. delish.

http://www.dukaners.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9005

hmw
02-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Thanks everyone! It really means a lot to have the support of others and it’s so motivation! Thank you!
I was wondering what shirataki noodles are to. Thanks for posting a link 9Jachic! I looked at the nutrition facts and I was shocked they don’t have salt in them!
Also I read somewhere that egg noodles are allowed, but when you compare the nutritional values shirataki noodles are way better for this diet. Thought that was interesting.
@Filcha- Cool 12 lbs. since January 1st, you’re making great progress!
@Flora – I hope that this week has started off good for you, and glad that you got a chance to post.
@Samadhi - Those 12 hour days are rough, but you’ll come up with a plan! Always keep your goal in mind!
@Kerri – Cleaning out the kitchen will help you a lot, especially during the attack phase.
@snaggly- The only thing I found about kidney stones is that the diet does not allow you to get the recommended amount of Potassium. The recommended amount lowers your risk of kidney stones.

kerriscards
02-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Well here I am day ONE..starting at 207 this am in the nude....My 1st galette..Yikes I loved it, all I wanted to do was to cover it in butter and syrup..No I didn't..I spread a laughing cow swiss...

I also love Kale and have it in the yard growing all the time. I will have to wait till after the attack phase..

Snaggly......The article I found blamed dehydration the most...Drink more water is what it said....I saw no connection to this way of eating.

Samadhi
02-01-2012, 08:13 PM
9jachic THANK YOU for the food tips. Can't wait to try the noodles and kale "chips".

Kerri I love Galetts too - I either have them plain or with cinnamin. Right now I am in love with the chocolate muffins so I am getting by Oat Bran that way this week.

I am thinking Shirataki noodles are going to broaden my eating horizons.;)

So, why are you losing weight? My reason is mostly health and secondly to look better. As I age I am becoming more aware than ever I need this body to keep me going so I had better start fixing it!!! :wizard:

:belly: Have any of you every done belly dancing?

I am grateful for:
Kale :smug:
Computers
Books

Filcha
02-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Hi,

I had never heard of kale - shall have to see if I can find any in the shops.

The reason I want to lose weight? Same as you Samadhi - primarily health but looking better on the dance floor too. I realised my weight is probably my biggest health risk. No, I don't do belly dancing but hubbie and I do ballroom dancing.

Kerri - how many days do you have on attack?

amak30
02-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Hi Everone,
I live in Melbourne Aus, and I started this diet 6 days ago. I did the attack phase for 5 days and today was my first veg day, yeh! I didn't think I would ever miss a tomato so much!
I'm going to turn 58 at the end of March and my goal is to lose 12kg by then.

I've lost 2.5kg on the attack and am finding it easy to follow but I'm glad for the variety now.

I'm spending so much time in the kitchen that my husband commented last night "I've never seen you cook so much"

I've been reading the forum and the support from everyone is wonderful so I'll make sure I keep posting.
Wish me luck!
Anna
PS I'm new to this forum thing so how do you guys get all you graphics and charts on the bottom of your posts?

Samadhi
02-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Filcha Ballroom dancing...for fun. Do you watch the Dancing with the Stars show when it is on TV?

:welcome3: amak30

kerriscards
02-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Good morning to all....:hug: I am here and on day 2..205 on the scale this morning...(nude) getting rid of water fast...I did go to bed with a headache and woke with one also..Hope that will end soon..

I need to lose mostly for health reasons..Very bad back (Dr.says its from carrying the fat belly around) BP is up and lots of arthritis all over..

Filcha....I will hope to stay on attack for the whole 7 days...but I will be so happy if i can make the 5 day...I have alot to lose..:o

BBL

amak30
02-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Thank you for the welcome Samadhi and Snaggly, I look forward to regular updates.
Some of my experiences/challenges so far.....

Constipation was an issue after day three so I've started taking psyllium dissolved in a glass of water every day and it works!

I use stevia as a sweetener as I'm concerned about chemical sweeteners, it's really good

What I miss most is my toast and jam for breakfast so I've made a bread recipe that I found on-line which is ok but I still miss something sweet

I've researched vegetable jams and have found a couple of recipes but they need sugar free pectin which I could only buy on-line so I'm waiting for my delivery. I'll let you know how I go

In the meantime I've stewed rhubarb with some stevia and cinammon and am using that as a spread, it's not too bad it's also delicious on plain yoghurt

I haven't been able to find quark or fromage frais in Melbourne so I'm improvising with mixing low fat yoghurt, cottage cheese and ricotta depending on how I feel. It's all worked well so far

My favourite and least like "diet" food so far is quiche lorraine which I made in a muffin tray and made mini quiches, delicious hot and cold left-overs for lunch the next day.

I'm experimenting on a couple of recipes this weekend and will post them on here if they work out.

I am hoping to lose between 1/2 and 3/4 kg every week so at this stage I'll probably be on cruise for 10-12 weeks

Thanks again and let's all keep up the good work!!!!
Anna

kerriscards
02-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi Anna,... I am also new here...Glad to meet you and will look forward to all idea's to help me succeed..Congrats to you on the weight lose...This is my
2ND day of the attack phase.

amak30
02-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Glad to meet you too Kerri and its good to have others to share the journey with.
I'm half way through day 7 (2nd day of cruise PP day) and am feeling a bit lethargic and light-headed as well as having this awful metalic taste ony mouth.
Anyone else experience these stmptoms and if so how long did they last? (please don't tell me all the way through cruise)

Flora37
02-03-2012, 05:19 AM
Welcome to all the newbies!

9Jachic - thanks for the info on the noodles. I have ordered some and await them with interest. I had better like them - have ordered 20 packets lol

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but I am sticking to the diet. Going out for a curry with friends on Saturday though - so will have to be careful. Tandoori chicken for me with no rice I think!

amak30 - the taste goes once you reintroduce vegetables but occasionally I have that on some PP days. I tend to suck a sugar free sweet which helps.

Flora x

loseforme
02-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Hi eveyone, i'm new to tjhis diet and this site, i did post something in 'other reduced carb diets' but didn't get a reply :cry:

I'm looking around this site for idea's for meals and recipes but can't seem to find any, i've ordered the Dukan diet book and the recipe one too but really stuck until they arrive :?:

A little about me, i've always had a weight issue and during varios stages of my life have been slim to VERY overweight, i struggle with losing weight as i have a huge appetite and a sweet tooth.

Anyway, i'd love to be able to join your group (if i'm allowed :-) ) and swap ieda's and menu plans, along with support.

x

kerriscards
02-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Good morning....This is day 3 on Attack...weight 101.5 now down 5.5 in 3 days..I have not slept in the last 2 nights..all I do is run to the bathroom..:p.losing Water water...I skipped my water pill today thought I did not need it the way I've been running...Lets see if it makes a difference on the scale..

loseforme...You don't realy need recipes during the Attack phase just eat protein..I hope you get your book soon and I wish you luck as I am new to this plan also...

Anna.. Flora is correct it will go away..I had the same problem when I was on Atkins phase one...

Have a great Friday...BBL

9jachic
02-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Welcome to all the newbies!

9Jachic - thanks for the info on the noodles. I have ordered some and await them with interest. I had better like them - have ordered 20 packets lol

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but I am sticking to the diet. Going out for a curry with friends on Saturday though - so will have to be careful. Tandoori chicken for me with no rice I think!

amak30 - the taste goes once you reintroduce vegetables but occasionally I have that on some PP days. I tend to suck a sugar free sweet which helps.

Flora x

Omg, 20 packets. I feel the pressure now. I hope you like them. Don't expect spaghetti taste..... remember to cook it in a sauce since it absorbs the flavor.

I am basically losing about 1.5lbs a week and I dont know how to feel about that. ActuallyI do. I want to lose more weight. darn it. I have my weigh tomorrow, I hope I drop something, anything at all.

Keep going guys

snaggly
02-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Trying again to post the links:

www.mydukandiary.com
www.mydukandiet.com
www.dukandietrecipes.co.uk

Hopefully it works!

amak30
02-04-2012, 06:34 AM
Hi Loseforme and welcome. I'm new to this forum and to the diet too and am enjoying reading all the comments.

Yesterday was a pretty bad day, I felt lightheaded and had a terrible taste in my mouth. Today was a PV day and its been a lot better. I'm not as dizzy but I still have a bad taste.

We live near many cafes and it's been killing me not to go out for my coffee and pastry. Anyway, today I was determined to get a meal at a cafe so I ordered poached eggs and salad without dressing and a skim milk coffee. I made up my own salad dressing with lemon juice balsamic vinegar oregano and garlic powder. I put it in an empty pill container and poured it on my salad when my meal arrived. It was perfect, I really enjoyed the outing and my lunch.
Tonight for dinner I made a very yummy moussaka (basically lasagne with eggplant layers instead of pasta sheets).

I adapted the recipe from a Greek cookbook and you couldnt tell that it was "diet" food. If anyone is interested I'll post the recipe

Kerri fabulous effort so far and I can really identify with the many trips to the toilet at night. Not sure if there's a solution

Anna

kerriscards
02-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Good morning...starting day 4 on attack....I am dancing..:carrot::carrot:
I have made a visit to ONEderland...I hope it will not be just a visit..I want to stay awhile...The scale was at 199.5..YIKES....down 7.5..I am a happy gal this morning..

Snaggly...Good job posting those links..

Anna ...So glad you got to have your Cafe meal...I would love the recipe..Some day when I am finished with the attack phase I will be able to eat other things.....

What are you all going to have on Super Bowl Sunday?....I am on my way to shop..I will wrap bacon around Scallops and bake..Galette Canoli for desert...:cool:

loseforme
02-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Hello everyone, and thank you for your warm welcome :)

I'm doing ok, despite my books not being here yet. I'm really enjoying using the bran to use as pancakes which i'm finding very helpful for my sweet tooth. I too have had the odd headache, but decided to take a couple of tablets and i felt a lot better. normally, i pick all day, it drives me mad as i always to to lose weight but i'm finding i'm not as hungry, which is really something for me! I've had some lovely king prawns for dinner this evening, cooked with lots of garlic powder and chilli flakes, i had some fat free cottage cheese with chives to go with this and it was really lovely, i enjoyed it lots.

I haven't been weighed yet as only day 3 for me but i feel as if my tummy has gone down a little, so am feeling very motivated.

How are you all getting on?

Claire
x

hmw
02-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Wow things are picking up around here! Big Welcome to all the newbies nice of you all to join us!
Congratulations Kerri on getting out of the 200’s!
Thanks for posting some links snaggly, there are some great recipes on those sites and well worth trying out.
I know tomorrow’s going to be challenging for a few people because of all the super bowl parties, so good luck everyone! I’m going to make spicy turkey chili and a nice salad.

9jachic
02-05-2012, 01:45 AM
Trying again to post the links:

www.mydukandiary.com
www.mydukandiet.com
www.dukandietrecipes.co.uk

Hopefully it works!

mydukandiary.com is great, I got an awesome pumpkin bread recipe. I copied it here. Its good for the cruise phase. I don't eat eggs but I used tofu instead. I suspect that I am eating too much, which is why I am not loosing weight so I will have to start counting calories. The is recipe below.

I love my slow cooker, I just made a yummy chicken stew with tons of dukan approved vegetables and my apartment smells delish, I cant wait to dig in. I wlll have it with some shirataki noodles.

Welcome to all the newbies, I am so glad to be a part of this group, Its great to know that someone else understands the challenge you are going through.

Dukan Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Makes approx 12 slices

Suitable for Cruise PV
ó

300g Butternut Pumpkin

9 level tbsp Oat Bran

9 level tbsp Wheat Bran

3 tsp Baking Powder

2 tsp Dried Oregano

2 tsp Dried Sage

75g Cottage Cheese

1/4 cup Skim Milk

2 Eggs, lightly beaten

Freshly Cracked Black Pepper

ó

1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.

2. Peel and cut the pumpkin. Steam until soft (I microwaved mine for 5 minutes with a little bit of water).

3. Mash the Pumpkin with a fork and allow to cool.

4. Place pumpkin in a large bowl and add all the other ingredients. Mix well until thoroughly combined.

5. Transfer mixture to a loaf pan. I used a silicone one so I didnít need to grease it at all. Smooth flat with a spatula.

6. Bake for 45 minutes.

7. Allow to cool for a while in the loaf pan then transfer to a wire rack to coolÖOr if you canít wait, cut off a little slice right then and there!

9jachic
02-05-2012, 02:17 AM
Wow things are picking up around here! Big Welcome to all the newbies nice of you all to join us!
Congratulations Kerri on getting out of the 200ís!
Thanks for posting some links snaggly, there are some great recipes on those sites and well worth trying out.
I know tomorrowís going to be challenging for a few people because of all the super bowl parties, so good luck everyone! Iím going to make spicy turkey chili and a nice salad.

Wow 215lbs..... wow wow wow... speechless, great job, I am still in the two hundreds...hmmmm. I better stop cheating.

Flora37
02-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Snaggly - the tandoori chicken was YUMMY. I had a side dish of okra - and no rice or nan bread. It was great.

Back to a couple of PP days tomorrow.... am going to cook a couple of omelettes to have cold for packed lunches.

Forgot to weigh myself this week so will wait now until Thursday. Unfortunately going out for dinner on Wednesday evening - whoops!

Overall though continuing to do well. Lovely to see lots of new people starting with Dukan - it really does work.

9Jachic - waiting for the noodles to arrive - will feedback results lol

Have a great Dukan week everyone!

Flora x

kerriscards
02-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Just now had a min. to run by and say happy Sunday...Hope you all are doing good...Today is day 5 on the attack phase and my weight is the same as yesterday..and as the book stated i am constipated...Hope that will ease up, taking some metamucil ..Still down 7.5...starting to feel like i want more then just protein but will stick it out another day and see how i feel after that...The book suggests 7-10 days.If I can make it to 7, I will be happy...
Looking forward to the cruise phase..Dreaming of my 1st vegtable..What will it be....:D

Flora,...I love omlettes..Thats a good choice..Good luck with the noodles. Can not wait to see how you like them...

9jachic....I love my slow cooker to..I use it several times a week..I am just a lazy cook and that does it for me....and little mess...;)

Filcha
02-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Hi everyone!

I haven't had a chance to check in for a few days but I've been good! Had a good few days but weight loss has slowed down the last couple of days - but I am probably approaching ToM so that's not surprising.

A big welcome to Anna and Claire - Anna, nice to have another Aussie on board (IIRC, snaggly is also Aussie). This forum is great for encouragement and ideas. I look forward to hearing how everyone's diets are going.

Kerri - congrats on getting under 200! Well done. 150 is my next milestone - which will be under 70K for me.

9jachic, I think 1.5 lbs per week is good! I am probably averaging slightly under that. I know it would be nice to go faster but steady is good!

I'm afraid I'm too impatient to weight once a week - but I do keep track of my weekly losses while on Cruise.

Kerri - Well done with your long Attack. I understand your craving for vegies - I had a four day attack and was really hanging out for them after that. Try rhubarb for the constipation.

I don't mind the trips to the loo in the night - I know it will mean a lower weight in the morning!

Oh! I had my first 'not in the know' person notice my weight loss on the weekend! That was exciting and enouraging! Then a friend noticed but proceeded to tell me how she weighs less then me!

9jachic
02-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Hi everyone!

I haven't had a chance to check in for a few days but I've been good! Had a good few days but weight loss has slowed down the last couple of days - but I am probably approaching ToM so that's not surprising.

A big welcome to Anna and Claire - Anna, nice to have another Aussie on board (IIRC, snaggly is also Aussie). This forum is great for encouragement and ideas. I look forward to hearing how everyone's diets are going.

Kerri - congrats on getting under 200! Well done. 150 is my next milestone - which will be under 70K for me.

9jachic, I think 1.5 lbs per week is good! I am probably averaging slightly under that. I know it would be nice to go faster but steady is good!

I'm afraid I'm too impatient to weight once a week - but I do keep track of my weekly losses while on Cruise.

Kerri - Well done with your long Attack. I understand your craving for vegies - I had a four day attack and was really hanging out for them after that. Try rhubarb for the constipation.

I don't mind the trips to the loo in the night - I know it will mean a lower weight in the morning!

Oh! I had my first 'not in the know' person notice my weight loss on the weekend! That was exciting and enouraging! Then a friend noticed but proceeded to tell me how she weighs less then me!

I don't like that "friend" at all.

Filcha
02-06-2012, 12:47 AM
No! Don't worry - she's not much smaller than me - I'm going to catch her soon!

Samadhi
02-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Missed you... I am the secreatry on a board and we are having our annual meeting tonight so I had to spend the weekend getting my "ducks in a row".

I made up some chicken for the week so I am set there. I love slow cookers too. ;)

I guess I will have to order those noodles too - can't find them anywhere.

:welcome2: Anna and Claire

The Pumpkin Bread looks good 9jachic but most of the recipes I like all have the oat bran and I know I would eat way more of that than I should....I guess I need to learn how to use my "put in plastic and suck the air out" machine so I can make a variety and have it in the freezer.

Can you see a pattern....I need to stay on program !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loseforme
02-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Hello ladies

I hope you like those noodles, i too bought about 20 packets as the postage was soooooooo high, i thought i should order quite a few. Personally, i couldn't eat them, i tried all ways but would end up throwing them out. I think it's the texture of them that didn't sit well with me, i can't eat mussels and things like that for the same reason, i was upset i didn't like them as they are very low in cals, carbs, fat etc, in fact i'm pretty sure they are zero carbs and fab! Let me know how you get on with them :)

Claire

9jachic
02-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Hello ladies

I hope you like those noodles, i too bought about 20 packets as the postage was soooooooo high, i thought i should order quite a few. Personally, i couldn't eat them, i tried all ways but would end up throwing them out. I think it's the texture of them that didn't sit well with me, i can't eat mussels and things like that for the same reason, i was upset i didn't like them as they are very low in cals, carbs, fat etc, in fact i'm pretty sure they are zero carbs and fab! Let me know how you get on with them :)

Claire

The noodles are definately an acquired taste, then again I heart oysters mussels etc. I would say not to expect the wheat based texture of "real" spagetti, its more gelatenous(sp). In terms of minimizing the "aroma". I would say to try the following steps. I know it really works for me- rinse, parboil, rinse again and allow to dry well in the strainer or after second rinse cook in whatever sauce you are eating in. It makes me feel like I am having some carbs

loseforme
02-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Just thought i'd share this with you all, as i can't believe how little i've had to eat today, i normally can't stop snacking and with having two little ones find i finish off their leftovers etc but i'm not even tempted at the moment, i know it's early days with this diet but i just feel so excited about it. My jeans feel much better on me already and i can tell i've lost weight, i'm really looking forward to my weigh in on Thurday, as that will be my 7 days on 'attack'. i'm loving the little pancakes i'm making from the oat bran and feel i'm having a real treat when i eat them :) My 20 mins exercise today was pulling my little girl on her sledge as we have lots of lovely snow in the UK at the moment.

Hope everyone is doing well on thier plan.

Claire