Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:50 AM   #16  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

DD - how long Attack are you doing?
I logged onto the dukan.co.uk website - it doesn't commit you to payment - and put in my stats as instructed. The suggestion was for only 4 days' Attack, and I think that, as much as anything, drew me to the programme, no having to stick with the strictest phase until XX pounds have been lost.

During Attack, I did have to eat out just once in the 4 days and had steak and salad. OK, I didn't eat much at all of the salad but it looked like an ordinary plate of food, I didn't have to make too many requests at the bar. I still lost 6lbs in the 4 days, so the lettuce didn't kill me.

In fact, I enjoyed Attack so much that I decided to do it on the first 4 days of every month. I do find it expensive, because I won't buy cheap, factory-farmed meat, but very easy to stick to.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/Ticker/135

Height: 5'

Rosinante, congrats on getting under 200!!

Also testing to see if my signature will show up now..... And it did! Yaaaa! The visual of the ticker really is motivating.

Last edited by CanuckJ; 11-09-2011 at 04:38 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:54 AM   #18  

Height: 5ft 7

Hello again everyone.

I went away on vacation for a 10 day cruise (the ship kind, not the dukan kind!)

I put on 1lb during the vacation (I had 3 martinis on my birthday and finding non-breaded or battered meats was a challenge at times) but since returning I am back on plan completely and have lost again.

I have 2 more lbs to go before I have lost 2 stones in weight. Amazing. I love Dukan.

Welcome to the new posters and hello again to the regular posters...

Flora x
Old 11-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #19  
4ever Dieter

S/C/G: 210/185/140

Height: 5"3 1/2

Woot - good news is, that I survived an outing of eating and I think I did okay...

So I decided to eat Villa Madina, those of you not in the GTA, Ontario area, this is a great med food place that I usually just love with all the fixin's but I had their schwarma chicken and a kebob. It was rather filling and after day 1 on meat, I feel like a T-Rex! For dessert, I had a NF Lattee and a Fat Free, No Sugar Frozen Yogurt from Yogen Fruz... now, I wasn't sure if this was allowed or not, but it seem to fit the criteria... so I risked it (esp. since my friend was having a FULL ON ICE CREAM )

@Rosinante - I am doing the Attack phase for 7 days, however, the dinner I need to go to on Thursday may prove to be challenging so to 'make up for it' I will most likely do an extra attack day. I did do the chart thing on the website and it indicated 7 days for me on attack. Congrats on getting out of the 200s! I know that wonderful feeling... I experienced it earlier this year when I finally went from 210 to 199! from the sensible diet and exercise I was able to do until about July-ish (car accident).

The bathroom is also my concern. We have a history of gallbladder and colon cancer in the fam. I have also had problems doing the #2 deed, however, my first day on dukan yesterday and I went 2x! So I was quite pleased @ that!

@Flora37 - thanks for the welcome and congrats on surviving the vacation challenges... good on you for martini or two, or three lol we are still living life here and it is important to enjoy it!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:06 AM   #20  
Happy Plodder

Thanks, CanuckJ, congratulations on the ticker! (and the weightloss )

Flora37 - you only gained 1lb on a cruise?!? Well done! You've really hacked this way of eating!

DD - Well done on your food choices! I've got the same two medical histories in my family too but the oatbran seems to be a total saviour in the bathroom, so feeling pretty safe at the moment.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:24 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 260/TICKER/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi, I am NOT doing well on this right now. My Aunt had a major stroke on Saturday and passed yesterday - dieting just doesn't seem so important at the moment.

So, I am going to get through the next two days and go on Attach on Sunday.

It is nice having the Attach Phase just there waiting to help out when needed.

DD: I have the same issues in the same room as you!!!! However, bran hasn't helped me at all. I have started added wheat also as Dukan suggested but "nothing"!!! I am even trying to take longer strides when I do the treadmill - in case that would help. QUIT LAUGHING I am on a mission to figure this out!!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #22  
4ever Dieter

S/C/G: 210/185/140

Height: 5"3 1/2

@Rosinante - Thanks I was quite pleased with the food choices. And thankfully yesterday's outing was cancelled so I only need to worry about today!

Today's outing includes an eastern european food fare, so it will be tougher, I am figuring I will need to do an extra day on Attack. I did buy cappucino flavoured yogurt last night, it isn't fat free, but the content is so low, I thought I would risk it. I have so little, about 4oz, but the taste of FF yogurt isn't that appealing. Perhaps it is just the brand I had purchased!

@Samadhi - I am sorry that you are going through a tough time. My condolences to you and your family, and you are absolutely right, who thinks about dieting at a time like that?

LOL @ Treadmill... I am laughing b/c I used to do that too!!! Actually what works for me is about 1 x a week I use Milk of Magnesium and it assists in clearing out my system, it is a really light laxative. I have no other choice sometimes but to use it! Have you tried benefibre? I heard that works for some. Also now apparently you can get yogurt with fibre added to it, I may attempt that.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #23  

Samadhi, I am going to start Sunday as well on attack phase. I have done Atkins before and lost a good bit for me. I did HCG over the summer and lost 22. I have gained back about 7 pounds and want to lose about 20 pounds. The website said to do Attack for 3 days but I may try to go for 4. I am really ready to get the rest of my weight off. I have a bet with myself to be back to 125 before I turn 50 in June.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:31 AM   #24  
Happy Plodder

A question for those who've been dukaning for a while, especially if you're post-menopause:
Do you notice fluid retention fluctuations, even on this diet?

In the first 4 days of Attack, my ankles finally went back to bony. Hurrah! I'd been starting to get elephant legs.

I'm coming to the end of my 4th week, and am wondering about fluid retention still happening, albeit to a smaller degree.

I am eating plan-ily, I am getting the exercise, I am drinking the water.
I notice the fluid retention on PP days, it's not the veg. that's doing it.

Tom and Flo ran off hand in hand a couple of years ago. Hurrah again!

I just like to know why these things happen, wondered if anyone had any insights.
Ta.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #25  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I haven't been posting here for a bit because I have been sick with a bad infection and strep throat. I'm on some heavy duty antibiotics and have had to go off my very low carb plan and eat carbs in order to tolerate the meds. I'm up about 5 lbs from the carbs but I'm not too worried, I know it will come off pretty quickly when I can get back to Dukan. If I had had more time and energy, I might have tried to do it more as a true Conso week but I've been eating non-whole grain pretzels and crackers for the most part, although yesterday, I figured what the heck and treated myself to some pad thai.

But even aside from being sick, I definitely do not like the way I feel eating all of these carbs. Granted, it's hard to separate out being tired from the strep, vs. being lower energy eating carb, but I am also MUCH hungrier and munchier now so I am assuming at least some of the rest of how I feel is directly related to the food and not just the illness, esp. now that I'm halfway done with the abx.

I am going to try working out today at least, first time in over a week now because I've just been too tired.

Last edited by April Snow; 11-12-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #26  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
A question for those who've been dukaning for a while, especially if you're post-menopause:
Do you notice fluid retention fluctuations, even on this diet?

not post-menopause, but interestingly, the first 4 months on Dukan, I didn't see much of an impact related to TOM. I still lost weight every week, maybe slightly less the week before TOM and then a little bit of a whoosh once AF arrived, but nothing too dramatic.

Last month was the first time that there was really an impact - gained 3.6 lbs about 2 weeks before TOM, but then had some huge whooshes to make up for it.

This month is all wonky now (as I just posted about) so hard to say what impact TOM has but now I am not assuming that Dukan will negate any fluctuations and I think I just got lucky those first few months.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:42 AM   #27  
Happy Plodder

As of this morning, Exactly 13lbs gone now, in 3 weeks and 6 days.
I would dearly love to be a stone off by tomorrow but that's just vanity speaking! However, I'm still a bit puffy of ankle today, so I'm going to drink like a fish and see if that flushes things through. If it doesn't, then my True Weight Loss will still be 13lbs, which is not a bad start.

Confession: to get this scales reading, I went to the bathroom, got weighed, got washed and dressed, had a sudden urge and went back to the bathroom again, got undressed again, got weighed again. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this?!?

Good luck to all the other Duckies.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #28  

Can anyne tell me how to make the oatbran gallette (pancake)Thanks
Old 11-14-2011, 07:34 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 260/TICKER/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
But even aside from being sick, I definitely do not like the way I feel eating all of these carbs. Granted, it's hard to separate out being tired from the strep, vs. being lower energy eating carb, but I am also MUCH hungrier and munchier now so I am assuming at least some of the rest of how I feel is directly related to the food and not just the illness, esp. now that I'm halfway done with the abx.
April I was thinking this morning the very things you posted about eating carbs.

As you know due to a death in the family I haven't watched what I ate and could definately tell. I am glad (not that you had to go through this but that it confirms my thoughts) to know
Quote:
I am also MUCH hungrier and munchier now
- I couldn't believe my cravings - I was obsessed with eating...carbs are like a drug!!!!

Anyway, back on Attack starting today.

Hope you are feeling better, April.

Rosinante I have to say I have never done that. My scale only gets to see me once in the morning - after that I stay away.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #30  

Height: 5ft 7

Samadhi - sorry for your loss.
April Snow - sorry to hear you have been unwell.

Glad others are doing so well. It is a definite motivator when you hear how well everyone does on Dukan when we stick to the plan.

I am having a good Dukan week this week so hopeful of a pound or too more lost (Thursday is my weighing day) My next goal is those 2 pounds as it will be 2 stones in weight gone.... then the next goal will be 200lbs. Then 3 stones in weight etc etc... I have to have smaller goals to reach for as the end game figures seem so far away :-(

But I have the next 2 days in meetings so it will be tougher. I WILL avoid those nasty little sandwiches.

Flora
Closed Thread