Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 01:07 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 11/4/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #2  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Finally it's Friday! This has been a long week to me!
What is on everyone agenda this weekend? I have a couple of challenges to charge through!
I am going shopping tonight. I am in need of some new tops and probably some new jewelry and a pair of new shoes. I think I am finally getting to the stage where I have lost enough in my feet that I may not have to shop in the wide widths exclusively! Luckily I was able to shop in my closet for jeans
Tomorrow night going to a party at a friend's house. She has completed IP and is my inspiration and knows that I am on the program-although no one else there does. I will eat before we go and then take veggies or something I can munch on. No alcohol for me this time!
Sunday morning is a family brunch to celebrate some birthdays. No one in the family knows about my diet and they haven't seen me since I have lost my weight. I will eat breakfast (crispy rice pancake-yum!) before I go and drink lots of water and have some coffee. We will not be able to all sit around a table together so a lot less obviously that I won't be eating. I will stick some veggies in my person in case I feel a nibble need and then eat a salad on the way home. I will probably end up telling some of them that I am "watching it" to prepare for my upcoming training and the holidays, just won't go into a lot of details. I think they won't say that much. Except my Mother-in-law who I can about guarantee will say that she thinks I look great the way I was or at any weight-I do love that woman-lol!
Hoping to squeeze in some exercise this weekend too! Someone ask me yesterday what I was trying for. Last spring I ran a half-marathon and although starting from scratch with my mileage again, I am thinking I want to do it again this year. I keep thinking it is going to be a lot easier endeavor at 25-30 pounds lighter!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #3  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I think I need Sunday to actually get some rest, but then my classes start again the next day! I still have lots of running around to do today--starting with blood work in just a little while and tomorrow we are going to look at the Aveda campus in Des Moines where my middle daughter wants to attend next year which means a 2 hour drive each way. I'm excited for her, but after traveling last weekend and a busy week, I'm tired.

I'm still struggling with eating since the oral surgery, but I'm seeing the dentist this afternoon, so hopefully that will bring some relief.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #4  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Finally it's Friday! This has been a long week to me!
What is on everyone agenda this weekend? I have a couple of challenges to charge through!
I am going shopping tonight. I am in need of some new tops and probably some new jewelry and a pair of new shoes. I think I am finally getting to the stage where I have lost enough in my feet that I may not have to shop in the wide widths exclusively! Luckily I was able to shop in my closet for jeans
Tomorrow night going to a party at a friend's house. She has completed IP and is my inspiration and knows that I am on the program-although no one else there does. I will eat before we go and then take veggies or something I can munch on. No alcohol for me this time!
Sunday morning is a family brunch to celebrate some birthdays. No one in the family knows about my diet and they haven't seen me since I have lost my weight. I will eat breakfast (crispy rice pancake-yum!) before I go and drink lots of water and have some coffee. We will not be able to all sit around a table together so a lot less obviously that I won't be eating. I will stick some veggies in my person in case I feel a nibble need and then eat a salad on the way home. I will probably end up telling some of them that I am "watching it" to prepare for my upcoming training and the holidays, just won't go into a lot of details. I think they won't say that much. Except my Mother-in-law who I can about guarantee will say that she thinks I look great the way I was or at any weight-I do love that woman-lol!
Hoping to squeeze in some exercise this weekend too! Someone ask me yesterday what I was trying for. Last spring I ran a half-marathon and although starting from scratch with my mileage again, I am thinking I want to do it again this year. I keep thinking it is going to be a lot easier endeavor at 25-30 pounds lighter!
You sound like you have a busy social but fun weekend. I will bet that your weight loss will be noticed by your family! You are filled with social activities, but seem to be so prepared and ready to stay on Ip no matter what!
I am sure the marathon will be easier now that you are 25-30 pounds lighter.

I have a very good friend coming from out of town with her husband. I am sure we are going to go out to eat. I am around 20 pounds lighter than the last time she saw me.

Off to work on Friday. My WI was fine this week!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #5  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Gotta busy weekend. My 8 yr old nephew coming over for the weekend Going to the movies. Prolly will face some challenges but I feel strong and I am not gonna sabatoge my efforts!!! Happy Weekend everyone
Old 11-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #6  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I think I need Sunday to actually get some rest, but then my classes start again the next day! I still have lots of running around to do today--starting with blood work in just a little while and tomorrow we are going to look at the Aveda campus in Des Moines where my middle daughter wants to attend next year which means a 2 hour drive each way. I'm excited for her, but after traveling last weekend and a busy week, I'm tired.

I'm still struggling with eating since the oral surgery, but I'm seeing the dentist this afternoon, so hopefully that will bring some relief.

Have a great day everyone!
Hope you feel better and that your visit to the dentist helps!
I remember driving to scout college campuses with my kids. It is exhausting to do all of those trips, but you really get sense of the college by going there.
Get some rest if possible before you go!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning and happy weekend everyone. No unusual challenges for me this weekend but I am preparing for family to come in next weekend and that will be the challenge as we are having an early Thanksgiving meal. I have found that I do better during the week because I am at work and my days are much more busy. I guess it's time to start finding more things to do around the house. Good luck to everyone with your weekend challenges.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #8  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Morning. Well week 3 coming to end for me. I WI this afternoon. I am feeling good. Foods are going down well this week. Still working on gettting all the water in. It really does get easier once you get passed the first week or so. Now the only thing that is really hard is the temptations. But they will always be around.

Good luck to everyone just in case i don't get back on today or this weekend. Stay stong. You are worth it.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning all,

I was down -0.8 lbs this am and I start phase III tomorrow, nervous and excited at the same time. Going to the grocery store to get my much missed Greek yogurt and berries, seems like I haven't had them in years, but in reality only 4 1/2 months. lol. I will check in later to check on my IPeeps. Have a great day!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #10  
IP Start Date 9/21/11

S/C/G: 214/212/140

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone! I've been traveling the last few days, I hope to go home tomorrow. I have a 5 hour drive to look forward to. Ugh. The hardest part about driving a long distance is having to stop for restroom breaks. Staying 100% IP!! Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #11  
1st-10/1/11, 2nd-5/23/12

S/C/G: 164.5/151.2/125

Height: 5'5"

Happy Friday everyone!! WI #4 for me last night...down another 2.5 lbs!! That brings my total to -15.6 !! My body fat went down, my water % went up. I gained a pound of muscle and my metabolic age went down to 34! (I'm 39 ) I am so happy! We discussed my goal again. She thinks I should raise my goal weight, I'm not so sure yet. We decided that I will see where I'm at for my WI just before Thanksgiving and decide then, but most likely I will raise my "official" goal weight, with me hopefully getting to 5 pounds under for a cushion for Ph3.

Have a great day everyone! I'm off to read everyone's posts
Old 11-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #12  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Good Friday morning! I'm freezing today! I just sat down for a little break from cleaning the house. I have to go to the youngest son's school this afternoon for his transportation parade. I finished making his cardboard car a couple of days ago. He is totally excited over it! Oh, the excitement is almost palpable in our neck of the woods. LSU vs. Bama tomorrow night baby!! Go Tigers!! Should be an epic battle between two hard-core rivals, #1 vs #2, Miles vs. Saban, should be the game of the year! I can't wait. Oh, how I love college football and love my Tigers! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #13  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday! Arrived home last night, it's so nice to sleep in your own bed. Really missed the family this trip. (Not that I don't other times, just more this trip) Was able to get some Xmas shopping done so I'm half way done for my kids, woo hoo.

I didn't WI with coach, but WI at home last night. Wondering if I should include that as a WI as my coach is unavailable next week for WI as well.

I was spoiled by my sister as I stay at her house while I come down for work. Veggies were all cut, washed etc. I just had to grab them and go. She showed me how to make the soups taste delicious, it was so yummy. And dinners were amazing as she is OP as well. It was AWESOME, thanks sis. I also introduced her family to the Big Mac In A Bowl recipe and they loved it.

Have a great OP weekend everyone!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #14  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Good Friday morning! I'm freezing today! I just sat down for a little break from cleaning the house. I have to go to the youngest son's school this afternoon for his transportation parade. I finished making his cardboard car a couple of days ago. He is totally excited over it! Oh, the excitement is almost palpable in our neck of the woods. LSU vs. Bama tomorrow night baby!! Go Tigers!! Should be an epic battle between two hard-core rivals, #1 vs #2, Miles vs. Saban, should be the game of the year! I can't wait. Oh, how I love college football and love my Tigers! Hope everyone has a great day.
I agree...FREEZING!!!!!!...BRRRRRRR.....I have my hot tea trying to warm up. You are right GAME of the YEAR tomorrow!!...WHOOP WHOOP!!!.....I will watching here at the house by myself because my son is working so me and the TV will have some yelling time I am sure...hahaha....LOVE me some football!!!

No plans here for the weekend, Its going to be a weekend by myself, nothing new though...haha

Good job on everyone's WI's yesterday and today Good luck to those who have yet to WI for this week. Here is too a great weekend!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Well, I wasn't expecting more than a pound lost this week due to TOM, but my clinic's scale showed a +.2. I'm not too concerned as I'm staying OP and my scale at home showed a 1 pound loss so I'm still on track. The weight fell off fast those first 4 weeks so I knew I'd slow down at some point! Next week should be another great loss.

Have our 2nd shower this weekend along with a birthday party so I will definitely have to prepare for those two events.

Have a great weekend!
Closed Thread