WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for Turkey Time

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for Turkey Time

Tina
11-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Hi everyone! We are a group who get together to chatter and share all kinds of stuff-- from staying OP, to our hopes & dreams and grandchildren, kids & pets! Hope you jump in and share with us! You'll find all kinds of fun going on here!

Maureen, have you found a WW meeting? How is your condo?
Susan, how is your mother? Is Pat feeling better?
Jeanne, you are so focused to stay OP. Good for you!!!
Mimi, Tammy and Dori, we miss y'all.
Janelle, I hope things at work have slowed down a little for you.
I hope I didn't leave anyone out. :^:

I'm back OP this week. Too much stress from Larry's vertebrae problem has wreeked havic on my weight loss. I haven't been exercising and that's a big part of my losing.

It's already November. :carrot: I can't wait for Thanksgiving. My 2-year old great neice will be here, with my nephew & wife. :lol: She has grown so much. Can't wait to see her.
Everyone have a great Friday!
:flow1:

Ladybug2680
11-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Hello ladies. I fell off the wagon about 2-3 weeks ago due to some family issues. My grandmother (mom's mom) had a heart attack and was sent to Memorial Medical which is an hour and a half away. We found out she had to have open heart surgery which led to my mom staying with grandma from October 9 - November 2. Due to mom being out of town my younger brother and sister stayed with us. I never knew 2 more kids would be so much work. Being an emotional eater isn't helpful in situations like this. To make a long story short grandma came home yesterday which means mom is back home and my siblings are with her. So I'm hopping back on the wagon. More pounds shall be evicted soon. :)

jar1965
11-04-2011, 06:41 AM
Morning everyone!

Down -2# this week!:carrot:

Tina - Good job getting back OP! I love Thanksgiving too!;)

Dori - I'm so sorry about your grandmother! Prayers headed your way!

Have a great day!

jeanne

Tina
11-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Good Morning :):) :):)
Dori, I'm so glad your grandmother is doing well enough to go home.
Don't worry, you have determination and will take off those pounds.
Is Zumba still going there?

Jeanne, :bravo: That's a super loss this week.

It was actually down to 40 degrees this morning. Brrr.... I'm going to enjoy this cool weather while we have it. (I'll also be happy for a lower electric bill this month.)
:thanks2:

jar1965
11-04-2011, 01:32 PM
FYI - 3 fun size, 3 Muskateers = 5 Points:cool:

Tina
11-04-2011, 05:03 PM
jeanne, that's so funny!
We don't have treat or treaters now because we live inside a "gate." Larry asked me to buy candy anyway, in case neighbors had parties and went door-to-door.
I refused to get the 3 Muskateer minis because I knew who would eat all of them---ME! :lol:

jar1965
11-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Morning! Have a great Saturday ladies!!!!

Off to work..............

PS - Remember to fall back tonight/tom. morning!

maureen kempster
11-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Enjoy your day Jeanne. I'm going to get to a WW meeting this morning! I've been putting it off and I know that I've gained weight. I have a little deal going with one of the ladies I work with so it's incentive.

Sorry to be MIA. I've been here just not posting. Tina, how's Larry feeling these days, better I hope?
Jeanne, looks like you're back in the Chocolate business. I don't know how you do it. I'd be eating all the inventory.
Susan, how have you been? You're quiet too.
Marion, Tammy hope you're both doing okay.

My mom broke her ankle about 10 days ago and she's in the hospital. I think she'll be there for a while because she has to stay off her foot but of course forgets and tries to walk. This is when I wish I was still back east.
I think fall is finally over. It's 13 F right now and going to a high of 37 F today. No snow in the forecast yet but some places here did get some yesterday.

Friday is a holiday in Alberta so I'm going down to Calgary to see 2 of my sons. I'm looking forward to it. Will come back on Saturday evening.

Wish me luck at WW and I'll report back later today I promise.

Have a great Saturday.

maureen

Tina
11-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Happy Saturday to all,

Maureen, crossing my fingers and toes that you'll have good news at WW. At least, I'm hoping the leader has good advice.
Jeanne, have a good day at work. I guess all the Thanksgiving stuff is out.

I've got a really bad cold. It's one of those where you are so stopped up that you can't breathe and sleep at the same time. I think I got 4 hours of sleep last night. :(
Everyone have a great day!!!

maureen kempster
11-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Just came back from weigh in and needless to say I'm not surprised. I have work to do and I just have to shake my head and get at it. I can do this and I will.

Let's all have a great Saturday

maureen

jar1965
11-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Hi Maureen!!!!!! it's so nice to see you!!!! How is everything going at your new condo? Are you settled? Yes, I'm back at Barkus. Just 2 days a week tho! And...I'm not in management anymore.....but....thats ok! :dizzy:

Got up in the attic this morning and "unpacked" all the spare blankets, washed them and have them drying outside! Mmmmm, they are going to smell so good! I should be working on crochet orders.......but.......it's just one of those lazy days!

Oh...I do have applesauce cooking in the crock-pot and I made that WW recipe for Caramel Apple Dessert this morning. (went to Farmers Market & bought local apples after work yesterday). Last night I made Instant Pumpkin Pudding and poured some into those mini keebler graham cracker shells for Bob & Kaitlin. I just poured mine into a dessert dish! Yum! We are having "breakfast" for "dinner" tonight! My family wanted pancakes & sausage!

Everyone have a great day!

GO STEELERS!!!!

Tina
11-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Jeanne, I don't want any this year (thanks) but we just don't have the pumking pudding down here anymore. Boo....
I guess it's a nice day here. I'm stuck inside with an awful cold. Feeling better than yesterday but had fever during the night. Larry went out and got us each a piece of pizza for lunch.

Tina
11-07-2011, 05:59 PM
HI Group,
I've got a meatloaf in the oven and tapioca pudding in the frig.
What's for supper at your house??? :)

My voice is about gone today. I hate when that happens, don't you!
:turkey:

Tina
11-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Good morning,

Maureen, I didn't comment on your WW visit. You can do this! We all fall off the wagon and get back on. Get out your roller blades before it snows too much. :lol:
Have a great time with your boys!!!

Everyone come on out and post!

I am loving these bright mornings without Daylight Savings Time.

Tina
11-09-2011, 09:52 AM
It's Wednesday and I seem to be the only one posting right now.
We are all so busy.

janelle, how are work, your hubby, family and the garden??? :hug:
Dori, you can get back OP. Please let us know how everything is going.
Susan, we miss you.
Jeanne, what's up today?
Maureen, have a good work day and enjoy your mini-vacation.

I went to buy some fresh fish yesterday only to find all they had was previously frozen and it looked awful. Guess I'll have to buy my own frozen fish. :lol:

jar1965
11-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Hello and good evening friends! I have been working and crocheting like a crazy women! haha!

I have to "face" the scale tomorrow and I'm NOT looking forward to it! I'll letcha' know tho!

Have a good night! I'll post more tomorrow!

jeanne

Tina
11-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Good news here-----

I am back down to my tracker weight. I had gained some on our little "getaway" and from all this stress. Now, that's gone and I will concentrate on losing.
Larry's neurosurgeon said to finish up the physical therapy (4 more weeks) and he'd do another MRI if necessary. Fingers crossed here!

Have a great Friday!!!

shcirerf
11-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Good afternoon! I'm still around!

Had some family drama for a couple of days, calmed down now, (inlaws:dizzy:) and then I was gone for a couple of days. Hubby surprised me with my sisters, son and DIL and tickets to last weekends Husker game in Lincoln. We had a blast!

Dori, how's grandma doing?

Jeanne, good job on the 2 pound loss!:carrot:

Maureen, hope you made it to WW meeting. The faster you go back the less damage. Voice of experience here!:D Hope your Mom's ankle is healing.

Tina, hope your cold gets better!:hug:

Still staying between 140 and 142, but my weekend out of town, was fun, but not full of good food choices.

Back on track and started back at the gym, now that gardening and outdoor activities that I enjoy are over until spring. Not a snow, cold outdoor person.

shcirerf
11-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Came home, ate supper, put on warm fleece nightie. Something funky crawling up left sleeve, cricket crawls out.

*jerks off nightie, stomps on cricket, now nekkid in the living room stomping on nightie*

Dogs excited, hub wondering what in the heck is going on. Wife has lost mind, finally going to do the nekkid indian rain dance. Lol.

*Throws nightie in dryer to cook anymore critters, and find sweat pants*

Tina
11-12-2011, 02:43 PM
:lol: :lol: Oh, Janelle, that is soooooo funny! :lol:

I'm glad it was only a cricket!

shcirerf
11-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Thankfully it was only a cricket. Normally I don't freak out. i'm not afraid of mice, snakes, well, let's not be in the same place at the same time.

Heck, I work for a veterinarian. I see all kinds of weird stuffs.

But when that cricket crawled out of the sleeve of my nightie and onto my hand, I just lost it.

All I could think of was fleas, ticks, creepy crawlie stuffs. ICK!

The only thing that beats that story is many years ago, I grabbed a sundress off the clothes line, put it on and it had a wasp in the skirt, it stung me! YUP! I stripped! Right there in the front yard and had a fit and stomped on the dress, among other things. Then I realized I was standing in the yard, next to the road in my unmentionables, of course dogs having fit and kids wondering why Mom is in her underwear, screeching in the yard, and tossing her clothes all over the grass.

That bugger stung me 4 times before I could get the dang dress off.

Of course, it stung me on the butt!

I'll save the snake in the house story for another day!

Anticipation!

Tina
11-13-2011, 06:55 PM
HI--
I hope everyone has had a good Sunday.
Let's all stay OP this week. We need to exercise, exercise, exercise to get ready for Thanksgiving treats.

Tina
11-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Greetings!

I found this recipe on the WW site.

Cranberry-Orange Relish 2 pts. each serving makes 6 servings
12 oz cranberries, fresh
1 medium orange(s), navel, washed, unpeeled and cut into chunks*
1 cup(s) sugar
1 piece(s) ginger root, fresh, peeled, about 1-inch, chopped
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Put all in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
Chill until serving time.

I will make our regular fresh cranberry sauce but will also try this one.

shcirerf
11-16-2011, 09:03 AM
141.6 last night at WI.

Snowing, off to work.

Later

Tina
11-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Hi all,

I was up a pound so I'll try harder for next week.

Janelle, great loss. :bravo:
Maureen, Jeanne, Dori------how is everyone doing?????

Ladybug2680
11-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Whew! One more day and we're out for Thanksgiving Break. I can hardly wait. Things are going well. Grandma is doing loads better and I'm officially back OP starting tomorrow. I CAN and WILL do this. Still doing Zumba and loving it. I have also added on a Trim and Toning class. I'm really excited about getting back on the wagon and getting this weight off for good. I guess you could say my pounds have been served their eviction notice. :) Off to basketball practice for now.

Tina
11-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Good morning,
Sorry I've been away for a few days (some have been away lots longer :(:(:(:( ).
Dori, I'm so glad your grandmother is doing well.

Maureen, please "sign in" and tell us about your trip.

Jeanne, you are so busy with your handwork.

Susan, how are you and Pat? How's your mother? Have you been down to SA and are you going there for Thanksgiving?

Janelle, I hope you get to spend time with your grandchildren at Thanksgiving.

Yesterday, we went to a 70th wedding anniversary party for some dear friends. Isn't it wonderful when people are together for that long!
Larry is lots better. His fingers on the right hand are still numb. He's still doing PT and going to doctors. We have an appt. this Wednesday and then see the neurosurgeon again in 3 more weeks. He's off for a week of vacation and we've been walking every day.
Everyone take care and get ready for Thanksgiving.
I posted a cranberry relish recipe a little earlier.

Tina
11-23-2011, 11:51 AM
How is everyone doing today?

I'm cooking today, naturally. :)

shcirerf
11-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Stayed the same as last week at WI last night. That is good!:D

In about 20 minutes I'll be off work until Monday! I can hardly wait. :dizzy:

Turkey at Grandma's tomorrow. Going to enjoy and indulge a bit, but remind myself, I don't have to eat like a linebacker. ;) Portion control!

I think I'm going to mosey out to Wal-Mart and get myself a new shirt and maybe some new jeans for tomorrow. I realized I have not bought a "new" pair of jeans since February. I've bought new to me at thrift stores but that's it.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Tina
11-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends!

shcirerf
11-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!

Walked 4 miles this morning! In anticipation of pie.

Mom, blindsided me with whining! I didn't even get all the way in the door and she was whining.

Long story, put her on ignore. So did my sisters. I'm 52, you'd think after awhile she'd figure out we are our fathers daughters. Don't whine, we don't do that.

Once we got over the first 30 minutes of her whining, we had a good time!

Tina
11-26-2011, 02:19 PM
HI all,
How did everyone enjoy Thanksgiving?
Maureen and Mimi, how was your day?
I didn't exercise yesterday and will not today or tomorrow. I'll get back to it on Monday. :):):)

Tina
11-27-2011, 10:13 AM
It's begining to feel like Christmas! Yes, it's cold here this morning. Yea for the days of cool weather. :lol:
This afternoon, I'm getting out all my Christmas docorations and have them ready for Dec. 1st. (I don't decorate until it's actually the month.) :)

Everyone have a great day!

Tina
11-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Happy Cyber Monday :):):)

I have read that there's a new 2012 WW Points Plus Plan coming. "They tweaked things."
If anyone hears anything else, let us know.

jar1965
11-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone! Just a fly by to let you know I'm thinking about cha'!!! :)

Ladybug2680
11-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Hello ladies. All in all things are well. However, I'm having the most horrible time getting back on the wagon. I know I just gotta do it. I was doing so well and then when things got all crazy I fell and fell hard. Gotta get it together. Since you all are such great encouragers and accountability partners I will let you know that tomorrow I'm officially jumping back on. No better time than now.

shcirerf
11-29-2011, 12:26 PM
I will probably decorate tomorrow afternoon. I'll have the afternoon off since I have to work Saturday. No DH to bug me and I'll put the dogs outside.:D

So as of today, at home, in the morning, I've weighed in under 140, for 4 days in a row!:carrot: Fluctuating between 139.4/139.8. I haven't been in the 130's since, well a long darn time. ;) :flow1:

Picked up one of http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-5491107reg.jpg for granddaughter for Christmas. it sings and whinneys, and also makes the clip clop trotting sound. You pinch the ears for the sounds.

WI tonight, we'll see how that goes.

Tina
11-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Hi all,

Dori, you can do this! I love your determination. :hug:

Janelle, I wish I had one of those horses for my 2 year old great neice. Also, she loves pink. :lol:
I'll keep my fingers crossed for your weigh-in tonight.

How's everyone else doing???????
We will put up and deocrate our tree on Saturday. Our son will come over to help, as always. And, I'll fix queso and dip.

I'm looking forward to weigh-in this week. I will probaly wait until Friday this time.

shcirerf
11-29-2011, 10:22 PM
140.2 at WI! .2 GAGGG! :flame::tantrum: But hey, I lost, over a holiday weekend!:flow1::dance::encore:

Actually I'm good with it. Next week will be my week!

Tina
11-30-2011, 04:10 PM
janelle, you lost!!! :carrot: That IS what counts. :dance:

:flow2:

auntie
11-30-2011, 09:34 PM
Ok, I just realized I hadn't been getting notices. Duh, I have missed the whole month!!!!

Hi All!!!!

Tina
11-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Susan, my friend, you have really been missed.
Maybe you should write yourself a note and put it on the monitor to remind you about 3fc. :lol:
How are you doing? How much more have you lost?

I feel like I've lost inches. Friday, I will weigh.
Oh, I'm going to a meeting at the first part of next week.
The 2012 Points Plus will be given out. (I've been hearing about it on the WW site.)

auntie
11-30-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm still at 20 pounds. I have been on steroids so I am at a stand still for right now. I'll get going again. :)

I'm going to have to make a note! I wondered why it had been so quiet. However, the last couple of months have been crazy.

I got an email about the new program. I'm wondering what has changed. I'm sure that I'll go to a meeting soon just to get the new materials.

Hope everyone is doing good. I'm actually going to change my tracker!!!!! YEA!

Tina
12-03-2011, 04:45 PM
It's December!

Tina
12-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Go to new thread!
Susan started our December thread.

:flow2: