Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-03-2011, 07:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/125 (SW/GW)

Height: 5'5

Default Weight loss to stress less

Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this website a couple of months ago looking for dieting advice for type 1 diabetics for weight loss, and ended up spending a good couple of hours here on the forums lurking.

I've only just started exercising in earnest agan (more then a half an hour walk every odd day), and so was delighted when I found my way back here looking for information. It seems that there is so many lovely people, and reading all these posts makes me feel so happy for everyone (who I don't even know yet)

Anyway, I'n trying to loose a bit of weight to help me control the diabetes better, and to try and regain a bit of control over my whole life. I study full time with a pretty hard degree, and often find myself comfort eating or overeating as a reward for an achievement. Further, what I really want is to be more lean and muscular. I was pretty active a couple of years back, and want to go back to how I was then, both mentally and physically.

I look forward to spending may more hours on here
(and of course, many more hours jumping up and down sweating and cursing at the gym instructor or the DVD player)

All the best!
dirtybluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/241/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi welcome DBB,

I just joined here also. Hoping the interaction, support and accountability of the forum provide the push to see me through. My gym instructor two days a week is pretty brutal, but its a good feeling when those sessions are done.
BuffJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #4  

Hello -

I am in school as well right now (although a class at a time while I work too). I do think a lot of more snacky habits kicked in with school - especially treats for achievement or snacking around stressful tests. Just can't do that anymore like I could when I was younger.

Welcome.
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/160/130

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtybluebird View Post
I study full time with a pretty hard degree, and often find myself comfort eating or overeating as a reward for an achievement. Further, what I really want is to be more lean and muscular. I was pretty active a couple of years back, and want to go back to how I was then, both mentally and physically.
I gained a lot of weight in college for the same exact reasons. When you're on a film set for 14-16 hours a day, you don't have the energy to exercise afterwards, and there are all sorts of wonderful snacks at the craft service table to fatten you up while you work.

You seem like you're already on the right track, so keep it up!
joltyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #6  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! I love the name, its super cute!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/125 (SW/GW)

Height: 5'5

Thankyou everyone for making me feel so welcome.
I'm off to explore now

(and thankyou kateleestar, that made me grin!)
dirtybluebird is offline   Reply With Quote