General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #1  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Odd Couple

Do you ever look at a couple, and think they are an odd pair? Maybe he's thin and attractive, and she's really fat? Maybe she's a hottie and he's a fatty? Do you ever wonder if people look at your and your SO, and think you are an odd pair because you're the fatty?

There is a couple at work like that. He's buff, and she's ugo, which is what got me thinking... My DH is still thin and muscular (like almost no body fat), and looks pretty good for his age. He's expanded around the middle a little, but about 1-2 inches. Me, I'm Shamu the whale.

I hope that in the next few months, as I become toned and thinner, I start feeling the opposite. I want people to look at us and think we're an odd couple because I'm the hottie, and "how'd he catch her?" I know I should be thinking that we'd be the perfect good-looking couple, but since he's never struggled with weight, and I have, I would love that feeling of being "the better half".
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/157.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Funny! Never thought about it in my own case, but have noticed other couples.

Connie S
suttercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

I think it of me and my BF - not because of weight but he is 10 inches taller than me and gets better looking the longer we are together and i get worse....... not fair at all!
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

I know that people used to look at hubs and I like that ALL.THE.TIME. I'm short, fat and dumpy and while he's not a male super model he's definitely not hard on the eyes. He used to look a LOT like the lead singer of Nickleback. Like so much so that it would really throw people off - and I know people would look at us and think "how in the world..."

Now he's put on a few pounds and it's not SUCH a difference but still...
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #5  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I do wonder about some couples, though it is not always weight related. Sometimes it is about attractiveness level other than weight, sometimes it is that I don't get why such a sweet person would be with such an a$$, sometimes I don't understand the smart person and the moron.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #6  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

My husband is absolutely gorgeous. Someone told me the other day that he looks like Chris Evans in Captain America (hello!!). I'm no slouch either but right now I'd definitely say he's the hotter of the two.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #7  

Quote:
sometimes it is that I don't get why such a sweet person would be with such an a$$, sometimes I don't understand the smart person and the moron.
This is TOTALLY what I would fixate on too. Not the looks stuff.
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #8  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

I wonder whether people think my hubby and I are a bit strange: I outweigh him (significantly at the moment, and will continue to even at my goal weight!) and am 2 inches taller. He's always been thinnish, I've always been heavyish. Oh well, in all other things we're pretty compatible - we like the same things in life. Been together 14 years now, so I guess strange can work too!
kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #9  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

I look at my BF all the time and wonder how I got so lucky...he's the most amazing man!!!!

He tells me all the time I'm too hot for him (which isn't true).
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

My husband is 6'0 and 145 lb! I outweigh him by a ton and wonder this sometimes.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #11  

Height: 5'7

My husband is 6'6 and weighs like 160, it is so unfair! He is the worst eater and never gains a pound, in fact he can still fit in jeans from 15 years ago. I'm 5'7 and weigh more then him by quite a bit, I always think that we must look weird together. My goal is to get to 155 just so I can weigh less then him.
Karray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #12  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

My husband isn't a big man either, so even in my thinner days, I couldn't wear his clothes. We're even the same height. For a little while about 4 years ago, I was thin enough that I could wear his jeans for the first time ever. I wouldn't mind getting back to that. I don't think it would bother me any if I wasn't smaller than him, just as long as I was at my goal weight and pretty darned close to his size. My husband also still eats like a teenager... donuts, Coke with sugar all day long (no water), sandwiches for lunch (2, not 1) chips, candy..... If I ate like him for even half a day, I'd gain 10 pounds. I don't know how much he weighs, but he's a 34 waist, and could probably fast for a couple of days or walk around the block 3 times and lose 2 inches.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #13  

Height: 5'0"

My husband is very good looking, fit build, super sweet nice guy, too. A real catch. People say he looks like Kenny Chesney or Paul Rudd.

I'm decent looking, so I doubt people compare us physically. But I can be a really blunt b**** sometimes. I am sure people sometimes wonder why such a sweet guy is with such a b****. It's something I'm working on.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #14  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I guess when we started going out my fiancee and I probably looked strange. He's a foot taller than me and was underweight when we started going out. I was obese.

Now he's on the higher end of "normal" according to the Wii Fit, but it's off by about 10 pounds because it's on the carpet so I guess he would be in the overweight range? I know that BMI doesn't really work for tall people (although he did accuse the Wii Fit of calling him fat ) and he still looks pretty thin. Most of his weight gain was from muscle, so he looks awesome 8D

I'm SO CLOSE to a "normal" BMI now, so I guess we both look "normal" at this point; I'm not sure what others think as I don't really care! We're happy with each other regardless of our weights

Last edited by sontaikle; 11-03-2011 at 10:58 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #15  

S/C/G: SW210/CW189/GW115

Height: 5ft

My husband is a whole foot taller than me... but when we met (just four years ago) I was a bombshell if I do say so myself. I look awful now... I think it is one of the most shocking transformations I've ever seen, usually people who look beautiful when they're thin still have some remnants of it when they gain weight...NOT ME! The fat in my face silences my good features, my eyes don't look big and shiny and I have pretty nice bone structure that is completely hidden. I've also been stricken with acne that I didn't have, and I'm covered in stretch marks after having my daughter.

I met my husband in the Army, and when the people we worked with heard we were getting married I don't know how many times I heard "Really? You're marrying HIM?" or "How'd he pull that off?" or my favorite "He must have a really big (I'll let you use your imagination)". Now when people see us I'm sure it is the other way around... he is very handsome, especially when he's working out. He struggles with his weight as well, he was pretty overweight when we met, but he has since lost a lot of it.

Interesting thread... I definitely always check out couples and usually make a not in my mind of who's the better looking, not that it even matters, I didn't really even realize I did that until reading this thread. I just did it the other day as a matter of fact, there is a pregnant woman in one of my classes and I saw her buying shoes at a store with her husband and my jaw dropped... he looked like he belonged on television or on a poster somewhere and she is just plain jane. It kind of made me happy to see because for the most part it is usually the other way around.
luckyme0510 is offline   Reply With Quote