Old 11-02-2011, 08:20 AM   #16  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hump Day/Trash Day!!

Great news! Lil Monkey is now in a regular baby bed. He is so sweet and cuddly. He melts my heart.

Happy...so sorry to hear about your little furry friend. I know how attached one can get to an animal. I cried off and on for 3 months after our family dog died (Lizabeth). Hugs to you sweet sister. I totally agree with your thinking for Chelle....

Gotta go potty brb
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:45 AM   #17  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKLETTES.
LOVELY SUNNY DAY AND SUPPOSED TO BE MILDER.
LOOKING FORWARD TO OPENING A WINDOW FOR A FEW MINUTES.
YESTERDAY WAS CALM & QUIET AND I LEFT THE SIGN ON THE DOOR.
FINALLY A DAY FOR MYSELF.
THEY JUST DON'T GET IT IN THE OFFICE. JOHN IS GONE AND IT IS WHAT IT IS.
THERE IS NO WHITE NIGHT ARRIVING ANY TIME SOON.
SOME OF THEM WILL KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO WORK FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THEIR LIVES
I NEED TO GET GOING HERE AND START THE DAY OFF.
HAVE A GREAY DAY

************** OUR ONE MAINT. MAN IS OFF.....DID ANYONE TELL ME OR ANYONE ELSE?? NO OF COURSE NOT. SO TENANTS AND AN OFFICE WORKER SET ALL THE BURGLAR ALARMS OFF. I FLEW OUT THE DOOR!! COULDN'T IMAGINE WHAT THE FOOK WAS GOING ON. WONDER IF MY HEART WILL EVER LEARN HOW TO BEAT WHEN IT NO LONGER GETS JUMP STARTS LIKE THIS EACH MORNING?!?!

ANNIE....SO GLAD TO HEAR TODAY THAT SISSY & JAKE ARE DOING SO WELL. JEN ENTERED THE WORLD THE SAME WAY BUT WAS FULL TERM. MAYBE SOON JAKE WILL FILL OUT HIS CLOTHES!!! SENDING A HUG AND KISS FOR THEM BOTH AS TO THE FAMILY OF TRASH...THE KARDASHIANS.....THE ARE LIKE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH.. AND I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY GET TO LAUGH AT THE WORLD AND TAKE ALL THAT MONEY TO THE BANK!!! GREEDY BUNCH OF SPOILED BRATS AND THE WORLD PLAYS RIGHT INTO THEIR HANDS. NEVER WATCH THE STUFF.
I DON'T CARE ABOUT JESSICA SIMPSON EITHER.....OR ANY OF THE REST....

LAURA.....POOR COAL....DIDN'T HE GET TO GO TRICK OPR TREATING?!?!
HOPE THE FINALE OF THE FUND RAISER WAS A GOOD ONE. WHAT WAS THE FUND FOR?? DID I FORGET? YES THE SNOW IS ALMOST ALL GONE...WOULD NEVER KNOW WE HAD A HORRIBLE WEEKEND

CEEJAY....I SEE SO MANY PEOPLE TODAY DON'T REALLY "DO" THEIR JOBS. BUT DANG IT ALL, THEY SURE WANT THEIR PAYCHECK AT THE END OF THE WEEK
YOU'RE JUST A LITTLE ENERGIZER BUNNY THIS WEEK!!!

HOTCUP.....GOOD MORNING MISS MARY SO NICE OF YOU TO DROP IN ON A DO OVER MORNING! WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST FOR A SUCCESSFUL AND A VERY HAPPY NOVEMBER TOO!! GOOD LUCK THIS MONTH. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE HOLIDAYS ....YOU KNOW ME!! GOTTA LOVE THE GRAPHICS!! CHEERS RIGHT BACK AT YA BABE

HAPPY.......I FELT THE MIST COMING TOO READING YOUR POST.
EVEN WITH ALL THAT WAS WRONG, I AM GLD YOU AND D HAD TIME TOGETHER. HOW SPECIAL IT WAS OF HER TO MAKE THE BAG. VERY SWEET. YOU WILL THINK OF HER EACH TIME YOU SEE IT. REMEMBER THE GOOD PARTS!
PART2: I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE CAT. POOR LITTLE THING. SENDING ANOTHER HUG FOR ALL 3 OF YOU

MICHELLE......I CAN UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL. BUT SETTING YOURSELF BACK SO MANY TIMES WON'T HELP THE PROBLEM. ACCEPTANCE AND MOVING ON IS WHERE IT'S AT. ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER. WEIGHT FIRST AND THEN BETTER THINGS WILL FOLLOW. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS. STAY STRONG
WHEN YOU LOSE THE WEIGHT YOU WILL GAIN MORE FREEDOM OF MUXCLE USE AND THEN PROPERLY SEE WHERE AND HOW FAR YOU CAN GO!
CHEERING YOU ON

SHAD........HOPE YOUR DAY WAS BETTER AND THE WEEK IS ROLLING ALONG!! HOW ARE THE NEW DIGS?? DON'T RECALL YOU MENTIONING THEM?!?!?

SHAD......
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #18  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Okay...just saw the attached picture on Facebook, posted by a Chiropractic and Wellness Center. Scary stuff. No wonder I'm having pain. I need to remember (or post) this image as a reminder of the immediate effects of fat on my body. Not to mention the long term effects my obesity is having on my body.

Here's the caption from the picture:
"The light areas are fat. The subcutaneous fat (fat just under the skin) is one thing. But notice the pressure on the ankles, how the joints are at awkward angles, the compression at the knees and how the organs are constricted. One of these bodies will most likely last longer than the other. Which would you rather be? It's time to make a change."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fat v thin.jpg (43.0 KB, 7 views)
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #19  
Annie - Indiana

Ok back, all is good with the world. Potty, cup of joe, cottage cheese and my BFFs the worldlies...

OK MELLIE....time to get rid of the Halloween animations and slap on some turkey stuff. Isn't it amazing the people who do the most biotching are the ones who do the least work. I guess it is the same no matter where you are.

SHADDIE....hope you are having a marvelous week of work.

LAURA...speaking of movies...Curtis and I went to see Puss N Boots. It was actually pretty good and had a few adult jokes in it. Very cute movie. What was the movie last night?

CHELLE...I agree with Happy on the phase of life you are in and going with it. Remember a little bit of moving is better than none, and when you push yourself too hard then you have to settle for NO MOVEMENT, due to recuperating....so go easy girl. Glad you got the box and all is good. DMIL should be arriving soon? Yes?

Hey CEEJAY...hope all is good in your world of work and home...hugs

I have about 30 tomatos left from my garden in varying states of ripeness. Been having one in my cottage cheese every morning and will miss that when they deplete. Also have one medium sized zucchini that I think I will make bread with for Thanksgiving. Turkey day is at my house. Everyone is attending except my oldest brother and his wife. They always have her family up their arses and bug out on our family....whatever. Hopefully lil monkey will be home by then. Baby boy soldier already told me he is bringing the turkey. Awesome. My total should be around 20 people. I invited Curtis's two girls, but think they are doing something with their mother's side.

Curtis and I are going for a hike on the paths at our favorite park today after work. I wish we could take Hella B, but she is so unfriendly and would try to fight with the other dogs we pass on the paths. She just doesn't realize how much she is missing out on in life by being such a Devil Dog.

Going to see lil monkey at lunch today, I can barely stand going one day without seeing him. His daddy popped in while I was there yesterday and I said...."Chris guess what...his first word was Nanna". Chris just looked at me a laughed.

That is about it for me...gotta get some enrollment packets together for a meeting this afternoon.

Have a marvelous day all.

Loves and Hugs
Old 11-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #20  
Annie - Indiana

YIKES Chelle...that ought to boost your motivation. Kinda like seeing the black lung pictures of smokers. That is just nasty.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #21  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning to you,

It's wierd, walking around here noticing a bunch of "lasts". Next to the last time we have garbage pickup (so I'd better start tossing), last week that I have time available to grab lunch with friends, doesn't really seem like I am leaving. Don't know why.

Michelle - that picture is very eye opening. I guess I choose to ignore the obvious - just like Annie said with the lungs - that all that belly fat is squeezing the living bejezzus out of my internal organs. Even the nurse at work said that I'd never get off the Nexium until I lost a bunch of weight. What surprised me most about the picture was the bend in the bones and joints - guess that makes perfect sense because anything will bend - closet racks, shelves, etc when it's carrying too much excessive weight. Just never thought about the same goes for bones too. Thanks for sharing.

Annie - so glad to hear that baby Jake is in his own brand of "big boy" bed now the tiniest steps mark progress forward. I have no doubt whatsoever that his first word will be nana. It's an easy one that rolls off the tongue. Enjoy your hike this afternoon - I had to smile about your comment on Hella missing out on things - so true. Guess the same can be said of a human being a grouch all the time - interesting how one can come across the old brick in the head moments when you least expect it.

Mel - OMG WTF - set the BURGLAR alarms off???? What the heck were they doing? Good luck getting these people who never did much on the job to stand up and take charge. Not going to happen. Lazy abounds because everyone is afraid of lawsuits. No one pushes for excellence any more. Which is why you put a sign on your door lest you get sucked in. Hope you can enjoy a little bit of fresh air. Have things cleaned up outside? Caught your hug ***whup *** winding up my pitching arm and sending you one back Thanks!

Hellos to the rest of the chicks. I have a bunch of shoes to return to Zappos so I'd better go tape up those boxes. DH is awaiting on me. Have a good one ladies, I'll check back later.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #22  
Annie - Indiana

Happy....bright side of moving to a new location....you are still here with us!
Old 11-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #23  

Morning all. I’ve had the morning from **** and it’s not even over yet!

I had this bizarre dream in which a skunk was making a nest of some sort on our front lawn, and there was also a lion in the dream too. Then I woke up and the bedroom smelled like skunk. I thought there was a skunk outside nearby, and I even thought I’d heard noises like animals fighting at some point. I don’t know when I thought I heard this. So I’m thinking there’s a dead skunk in the sideyard outside our bedroom, and the windows were open, so the smell was coming in.

Bf was awake and I complained about the smell. Then he says, sounding like he’d had at least a few beers while staying up late, that he thinks the dog was eating a skunk carcass. OMG. I said I wished he hadn’t told me that, but was still hoping that the smell was from outside and not the dog. I went about my morning routine, and popped back into the bedroom for something a couple times and the smell was so strong (doggy was in his bed in there). But not totally skunk, but a strong awful, almost metallic smell. Disgusting.

After I’m washed and dressed, I go to the kitchen and the dog comes in all perky and wants his breakfast, which is rare behavior for him. He’s probably still got adrenaline in his system from going after the !@##$% skunk carcass. But as a last ditch effort in my hopes that the dog is not the source of the horrible smell, I get close and sniff. Ugh. It’s him. OH NO.

I feed him his breakfast, and he does his usual snout cleaning/rolling around routine on the living room area rug. Eeeew. I carefully put his collar on him and take him for a walk around the block. Every time I’m downwind of him, I smell it. Poor Coal. I don’t know what to do. I don’t want him in the yard, going back to any skunk remains. I’m furious with bf, who must have let him out and not paid attention to what was going on outside. Aaaargh. All I know is that the house stinks and I can’t spend anymore time there. I finish getting ready as quickly as I can and leave the house after telling bf he’s got to take care of this.

Oh, and having left early, I thought I could get an earlier train, but no. Trains were delayed. I ended up on a crowded train having to stand the entire way. I didn’t put on my makeup until I got to the office. Grrr.

And this afternoon I have two yucky meetings, and then I have to go home and it’ll probably still have that horrible stink. I don’t even think I’ve gotten it out of my nostrils yet.

I will phone bf and rant some more later to make sure he’s taking care of this skunk situation – setting up a groomer appointment for a bath, getting the dog bedding out of the house, getting that area rug out of the house. Gawd, I hope he knows he needs to turn off the furnace and open all the windows.

Sorry for being such a whiner. My dog is happy and healthy, and I have a good job to go to each day. I should be grateful. I just hope I can laugh about this soon. I should be glad the lion part of my dream didn't turn out to be reality, LOL.

No personals right now, except Happy - I’m very sorry to hear about your kitty. Very sad.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #24  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

Another day...things have finally quieted down a little at work. Now, I'm in the requirements gathering phase for 3 upcoming projects, which means research and meetings rather than actual development.

You ladies are right...as usual. I should accept where my body is now...and do whatever I'm able to do now...and gently push myself towards improvements. And accept that I may not be able to do some of the things I enjoyed prior to my injury. Problem is...even though I'm pushing 50...I feel like I'm in my late 20s or early 30s, and I feel way too young to be this limited (and I probably am). But the fact is that I have not taken the care of my body for many years and therefore, I have health and physical issues that contribute to my limitations. That's it. Now it's time for me to suck it up and do something about it.

I'll be getting home late today from my doctor's appointment, and then I have to give the dogs their medications, and after that I'm hoping I'll have time to get to the gym for Zumba (on the ball probably)...and if I don't, then I'll just go and do the recumbent stepper. I have to do something to get rid of all the fat that's pushing my organs and joints all out of whack. That picture was definitely an eye opener. I really like Happy's idea about walking to rest rooms on the other side of the building...that's certainly worth 1/2 mile or more round trip.

Happy - I am so very sorry to hear about Boo. We've had two animals that had kidney issues later in life (1 dog and 1 cat). It's so hard to have to make the toughest, self-less decision to put a furry family member down. We extended our pets' lives with subcutaneous fluid therapies 2 or 3 times per day, and that gave them several additional happy months...however, in your case, I fear that the stress of the move might be too stressful for her, regardless of what treatment options you pursue, so it might be best to let her go in peace before you move. I'm so very sad for you, as I know how difficult this is. Sending you, your DH and dear Boo lots of love and hugs.

Annie - I'm so glad to hear that Jake is now in a regular baby bed! And it doesn't surprise me that his first word was "Nana". I can totally understand your wanting to see him every day, and several times a day when possible. DMIL should be here sometime before Thanksgiving. We'll be doing Thanksgiving at our house...just the three of us (if DMIL is here). Good for you for getting the last harvests out of your garden. Sounds like you're going to have a fantastic Thanksgiving with almost the whole family!!

Mellie - OMG about the burglar alarm going off! That's a lousy way to wake up in the morning! I hope your ticker has calmed down now. I'm glad to hear that the snow is nearly gone.

Shad - Are things at the mine getting any better?

Laura - I am SO sorry to hear about Coal's skunk encounter! OMG! That would be awful! We always check the yard thoroughly after dark to make sure there aren't any critters of any kind. We've had too many near encounters of the kitty, bunny and possum kind. Sorry that on top of the lousy smelling way to start your day you have two yucky meetings. I hope the rest of the day goes better than you predict.

Gotta sign off for now.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
I've seen pictures like this before but this should be a wake up call for all of us. Thanks for postingit.

Hot cup of Java
Welcome home. We'd love to have you around more often.

Annie
Yeah for baby Jake going to his "big boy" bed.

Mel
That energizer bunny is called a b12. I'm feeling so much better. Unfortunately I forget my age and those unused muscles are telling me about it.

Happy
I like the what you said about finding a new path. From now on it's going to be one day at a time for the rest of my life. Live in the moment so to speak.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #26  

Shad
Had to go back to look at the title for November and like th Nice or Nasty part of it. At first thought it said Nice and Naughty--maybe that would be good for December.

Laura
Oh my with your skunk issue. Poor Coal and Laura too.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #27  
Annie - Indiana

OMG Laura, I know it is not funny, but I about spit my iced tea out all over my computer reading about the skunk. You incorporated the skunk smell into your dream. I do that with the music from my alarm sometimes. Or a show that I watch just before going to bed. Only thing I have ever heard of getting the skunk smell out was tomato juice, then how would you get the tomato juice out? hmmmmmmmmm

Baby Jake was 4 lbs when I went to see him at lunch. He is all swaddled up and looks like a cute littl burrito. Has a stocking cap on too.

Ceejay...are you being nice or naughty in the energized B12 mood?

CHELLE...it won't be so bad to slow down and do a bit less stressful exercising, at least you can still do some. That's your bright side and I know what you mean being 50 but feeling 20 or 30, my body tells me by all the aches and pains that it certainly is 50. Hugs sister, you will be fine. Just think how much better you will feel with the weight off.

Gotta get back at it.

Hugs
Old 11-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #28  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Swear I posted yesterday, but in current state maybe I didn't. or maybe I didn't follow my own advice and post in the new thread. Who knows.

Second to last day at Moolarben and Mudgee. Go home tomorrow, God willing and planes keep flying. I've had a good time here but need to move on. Next week I will be working from home. That means I can slop around in my pyjamas and slippers, not do my hair, and spend time outside when it is fine. Lots of work to do in the garden as well. Everytime I go home from Mudgee and look at my roses and remember the roses down here, I think my lot look malnutritious. Here they are just glorious.

Laura - sorry about the skunky smell. Hope you can get it off the dog and off the doggy bed etc. It's an awful smell that one and so difficult to get rid of.

Happy - sounds like retirement is working. Don't worry you will lose weight this week and next week - moving house is one of the most stressful things you can do - apart from divorce or loss of partner - apparently. I know I lost several kilos when I first came to Aus. Pity they had to find me again.

Ceejay - cleaning bathrooms? I love berries too. Lucky we can get them here all year round although I do draw the line at the price of them sometimes.

Annie - so nice that little monkey is moving to another bed. Before you know it, you will have him at home. Then watch him grow.

Michelle - that picture is very revealing and motivating. Thanks for posting it.

Mel - And just how many of those alarms did you set off to prove your point that the place needs to have a communication system and a maintenance plan??? Seriously, it worries me to have all those oldies in there and helpless much of the time.

Mary - so nice to have you amongst us again. Hope you come back often - just to check in and say hello and tell us how you are doing.

Right - man here to ask questions about how he can fix a mistake in the system. Forgot he had posted hours against a work order and did it twice. The maintenance man will love him if he (maint man) gets paid for 36 hours at $75. per hour twice. Wee hoo! Better fix that one quick.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #29  
Annie - Indiana

Up and at it this morning. Thank God it's Thursday...almost Friday and Friday for Ms. Shaddie sooner.

Not much to report from last night. Stopped in at Curtis's house and helped his daughter color her hair. It turned out ok, but she had already destroyed it with color so it was more damage control.

Shaddie...yeah to coming home and and working from home for a week. Altho I think I would be too lazy to work steady 8 hours if I worked from home. Well not lazy but finding many other things to do from home rather than work. Yeah for you and hope you get a good flight.

Hey to everyone...

Loves and hugs
Old 11-03-2011, 08:14 AM   #30  

Morning.
We had rain during the night. Raining so hard that it woke me up.

Annie
I'm being "nice" with the b12. Just forgetting that I'm 61 and not 31. I've pushed myself past limits this week.

Shad
We do our own cleaning at work.

Happy
So sad about the cat, Boo.

I'm up 2 pounds this week. I was expecting it due to all the sweets I've eaten this week.