Tejas
10-31-2011, 11:30 AM
New Pages!!! :spid: :witch2:

Happy Halloween

:spid: :witch2:

Tejas
10-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Good Morning everyone:

The storm of babysitting and having parties is passed. I'm resting then going to the gym this afternoon.

I'm also cooking up chicken breasts and shopping for veggies.

No candy here, we'll hand out individual bags of chips. We usually buy candy and then eat it, but not this year.

beach bum
10-31-2011, 02:49 PM
:witch:HAPPY HALLOWEEN LADIES :):witch:

Sorry I was MIA yesterday,but with the heavy winds we had my cable package[TV phone & computer] was down 10 hrs.
but TG that my power didn't go out like it did when Hurricane Irene when my food in the frig/freezer was lost. They say the 2600 people are out of power on the Cape.

I called my doctor this morning to ask them why i didn't get my stress test results back yet. The receptionist was quit nasty to me and told me that if the report was in she put it on the doctors desk and he would give me a call. So I called the nurse about an appointment for my ECHO. TG my heart is Ok but my breathing isn't. Can't walk along the beach or to my mail box down the street without getting out of breath.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages,I don't give the T 'n T candy either.bu this year i bought Kit Kats as we don't have any treater's anymore ,as they don't come down our block for a long time since they have parties in school or city centers. I have the treats for the older one that come at night as i don't wan to be egged or toilet papered.

Have a great day

ems81wales
10-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Happy halloween everyone :D

Thankd Vickie and sandra i hope to have answers soon still havent had a date for the actual procedure but hopefully it will be soon xxx

Vickie
11-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to pick up my 2 new pairs of glasses and to get measure for my orthopedic shoes! I only feel about 25 inside, so what is wrong with my body?!

Have a great Tuesday!

Tejas
11-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Vickie, :rofl:

beach bum
11-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a mass for Leo this morning and than headed out to the cemetery as it 2 years since he's gone.

Oh I heard from my doctor yesterday and he told me I don't have any heart disease and he s happy about that,but he's going to have me go to the hospital for a breathing test. Some kind of a tube that you breath into and records the oxygen that going into the lung.He said the test is only 10 minutes,and hoping that they're nothing wrong there.

Tomorrow My friend Rita and I are going out to dinner and than to Trader Joe's. I want to pick up some frozen entrees that Stop & Shop doesn't have.

I didn't have any trick & treater yesterday at all. So I'm happy I didn't buy the big bags of candy. Just have some Kit Kats and Twig bars that I will use in a dessert of some kind.

Have to start today chores so have great day

ontarget
11-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Happy Halloween!! Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I was gone most of the day with friends. The sad thing is part of the afternoon was dedicated to a funeral. The father of a co=worker (90+) passed. It was good to see everyone at the service.

I'm subbing today and tomorrow. Then 3 days a week for the next 2 weeks for a teacher who's out with physical ailment. I'm scheduled till Thanksgiving and will be splitting days with another retired teacher. Should be fun.

Dee, you're too sweet. Thank you for the compliment. You're going to LOVE retirement.

Nancy, you're gorgeous!

It's about time for our archers to arrive. I need to go get my "rig" on and start flinging arrows.

Tejas
11-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Well, Maryann, that's great news about your heart. If you have trouble with oxygen uptake that might be very easy to fix with oxygen or a CPAP machine when you sleep.

I hope the anniversary of Leo's death wasn't too difficult.

Sandra, you're busy!! I hope you're enjoying yourself.

I went to a choir program tonight, featuring 4 high school groups and 1 university glee club. It was heartening and very entertaining.

Off to bed now..hope you're all having a good night.

jojo23
11-02-2011, 03:34 AM
Hello everybody.

Haven't deserted you, but very busy this end. I have lost the weight I gained which is lovely, but hardly anywhere near the 20 by Christmas I set myself.

My mum is out of hospital, very frail only knows me, not anyone else, but thinks I am her mother. They get her out of bed and in a chair but she won't eat so is on meal supplements. Last week I though the end was near she was so frail. Then after we had gone home, she got out of her chair, tied the door up with the lead off her TV and stuck her walking frame under the handle for good measure. The gardener had to climb in through the window, she was on the floor but still managed to throw things at him! Go mum go!!

The weather here in the west is unbelievable, we are still not in our winter clothes and it is so mild that we have the windows open until dusk. We are promised snow at the end of the month, but it seems very unlikely

beach bum
11-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Sorry this is going to be short but I'm going out to Trader Joes to pick up some frozen quick meals, as I don't feel like cooking any more. I used to love to cook and divide the recipe in 4 so I had 3 extra meals in the freezer. What happened to me that I got so lazy????? My friend are all laughing at me,making fun of them for not cooking 15 years go and now its my turn to join the troops.

My DD just called to see how I was doing as today its Leo's second anniversary
of passing and I told her that I be out of the house for most of the day with my lady friend.

Can't believe it after 10 so I will have to go and get ready for today's outing.

Vickie
11-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I ran errands all day yesterday and ended up with a migraine. The weather here is just atrocious. I tried on the orthopedic shoes and actually they are too much for me since I don't have custom orthotics. We agreed that I just need over the counter GREAT shoes with fabulous arches. They sent me to on of the few remaining full service shoes stores. I tried on a pair of SAS. Sandra, I thought of you while I walked around on them. They were very comfortable and even kinda cute but I ended up buying a pair of Dansko that were really cute and felt even better in the arch. The shoe guy was awesome. He had to put a little corn footbed under the liner to make it fit me better since I'm a little in between sizes in Dankso.

I'm still in the hunt for navy. Anyone know of any nice shoes with outstanding arch support?

Mary Ann, I'm so glad you continue to honor Leo. I'm shocked that it has been two years. I know every day you think of him. I think I have a love like that too.

JoJo, we do what we can.

Rhonda, are you still singing?

Sandar, we'll miss you. Hope you can still get here. You sound like you are going to be real busy.

My eating was great yesterday. Tonight is date night and I'll try to be as great as I can. I'm craving turkey.

Tejas
11-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Vickie, no not singing, but tap dancing yes. Lots. We have about 6 performances coming up in December.

ontarget
11-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Vickie, those are good shoes. I'm glad you got a pair and hope they work well for you.

Maryann, I don't cook much either. I did make taco soup for us to have on hand this week.

I'm "off" till next Tuesday. I'm not working too hard when I'm there, but I am doing more than I normally do when subbing. It's good getting to know the kids. (I taught several of their parents.)

Rhonda, you sound busy, too.

JoJo, I'm not where I'd like to be weightwise either but am guessing this is where I'll wind up. Some things never change.

Vickie
11-03-2011, 09:36 PM
NO tap dancing in my future! I'm happy to just be walking. Rhonda, you are blessed.

Sandra, you sound happy to be working. Does Curtis enjoy it while you're gone?

I feel fat.

nancy237
11-03-2011, 11:01 PM
I will have to catch up on reading posts tomorrow.

Having a good week. I bought a $19 heated throw from walmart and wish I had done it 10 years ago when we first moved into this drafty house. No more shivering under 10 blankets to get warm..Its awesome.

Car check engine light came on today. Cost 366 to replace an 02 sensor. Always something isn't it. makes me want to lease a car.

Thinking about buying a Dyson DC25 vacuum. If it helps me want to clean it will be worth it. I have never liked my vacuum and I have had every kind there is.

More tomorrow..Stay warm chicks

Tejas
11-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Nancy, we have an electric blanket also. They are just great. I love my Dyson animal vacuum cleaner.

I need a good sweeper vac for the screened-in porch. Anyone have any suggestions?

Vickie, about shoes...a podiatrist told me that when you look down at your feet in the shoes you should be able to see the sole of the shoe. I like SAS but they don't all meet that criteria, and he said that they are well built but not very sturdy.

I added dead lifts back into my exercise routine yesterday. This months long period of not doing them has been rough :lol: I love to do them, but we'll see how my knee responds.

nancy237
11-04-2011, 10:35 AM
I need a good sweeper vac for the screened-in porch. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have a little 3 in 1 Bissell Lightweight Vac from Walmart that I got for $14.
They seem to be $19 now. I love it for using as a sweeper on hard surfaces.
The cord is a bit short so I keep an extention attached to it all the time.

beach bum
11-04-2011, 11:56 AM

Now that I had to stay home for the Gas Man yesterday I'm going out to Walmart and some window shopping at TJ Max and Home Goods and maybe to the new dollar store we got up here.

Oh My Hospital called and I have an appointment to my breathing tested this Tues. Doris was right the test is going to take an hour,told my sister and she now wondering what kind of test they are going to give me,as her test was only for 10 mins.,with the breathing tube.

VICKIE-Thanks,I 'm lucky to have things & places to do & go to every day if I want.The senior center,rec center are just some of the places that are near me,where I don't have to travel to. That why I love about small town USA.

SANDRA-You wouldn't believe all the frozen entrees I got at Trader Joes. and the prices were 1/2 what the reg grocery stores. I just going to S&S for milk ,eggs & bacon. My friend Rita things once the real cold weather appears I be back to cooking again. I told her does she want to bet????:lol:

NANCY-Good for you about buying the electric blanket. I think I'm going to see what there all about when I go to Walmart today. Thanks for the idea.

Have a great day

ontarget
11-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Maryann, I'm glad you got good deals on the TV dinners. I'm going to get some to take to school next week.

Nancy, we have an electric mattress pad heater. We even used it during the 100+ weather last summer since we like to sleep in a cool room. Were you talking about an electric heating afghan for when you're watching TV or a blanket for sleeping?

Rhonda, I hope your knee cooperates for you and you can do your regular routine. I know you've missed it.

We're home today. I have chicken breasts roasting for lunch. Tonight--we'll watch "Grimm." Have any of you seen it? I watched the pilot episode on the computer. Tonight will be Curtis' maiden viewing. Don't know if he'll like it or not. We'll see.

Rhonda,

jojo23
11-04-2011, 02:18 PM
CALLING MARYANN

My husband says not to worry in the least about the breathing tests. He had them back in the summer. It took an hour but most of the time was spent waiting between tests. For some reason, you have one test and then need to wait about 15 minutes until you do the other.

I told him it would only take about 10 minutes! Well it did in my day:o When he came out, he said 'That's the last time I ask your advice'

nancy237
11-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Were you talking about an electric heating afghan for when you're watching TV or a blanket for sleeping?

Rhonda,

It looks like a couch throw/afghan ..attractive to leave on the couch but it plugs in sorta lIke a heating pad would..3 heating levels. I usually sleep warm under my down comforter but was never warm in our living room.

Tejas
11-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Well, we got our car back. Just under $6800. :(

Merry Christmas for the next decade!

beach bum
11-05-2011, 12:17 PM

Was going to change the linens on my bed this morning and found the new sheets I bought from walmart are full instead of twin so I have to go back today and exchange them.

Tomorrow my friend Mary & I are going out see Eddy Murphy's new movie Tower Heist.It should be a scream as he's such a funny comedian.After that going to the 99 hideout for out meal.

HAPPILY MAINTAINED THIS WEEK,AS I HAD A VERY HIGH CALORIE DAY GOING OUT TO OLIVE GARDEN

Have a great day

SANDRA-I Love :love: Trader Joes but I can't go there every week as-its too far from me and all the gas I use when going out there.But in a few months I will stock up again as i used the froz food s and have to replenish them.

JOJO-Thanks :thanks: for then information,I'm not really worried I just like to get it over with and know the results of whats casing the bad breathing.

Have a great day

ontarget
11-05-2011, 12:43 PM
:yikes: Rhonda! I don't know what else to say except I'm glad you have it back running. I know that car is special to ya'll.

Nancy, I've never seen an electric throw. Sounds good.

Got to go. I see a friend on SKYPE.

Tejas
11-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Hi everyone:

I just read about a horrible car pile-up on the M5 in England. Ems and Jojo, we hope you were spared any loss of friends or relatives. It looks awful, beyond belief.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45173146/ns/world_news-europe/#.TrWqO2AgtRk

Rhonda

jojo23
11-05-2011, 07:01 PM
No, we aren't anywhere near the motorway and as far as we know don't have anyone involved in it. Dreadful pile up though, dreadful injuries too: burns amputations, paraplegia. Doesn't bear thinking about does it?

Vickie
11-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Good Evening Chicks! I've been cooking all day. I broiled 6 pounds of chicken breasts for Jim to use in his salads and sandwiches, etc. We freeze them in smaller container and then defrost when we need them. I also made a sirloin meatloaf....new recipe. Hope it freezes since I'm the only one who likes it. I also made a huge pan of beef chili with pinto beans that was tonight's dinner and 4 more to freeze for later. That make me very happy. I'm trying to get ready to wean off Jenny Craig. I'm pooped. There is a bubble bath calling my name. I also did laundry. I have to make applesauce tomorrow. I'm too tired today.

Hope you are all well. What are the plans for the rest of the weekend?

Vickie
11-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I win....last on first on.

I feel refreshed after yesterday but my house stinks from all the odorific cooking. I have to do some more laundry and make applesauce but it should be an easier day. I also have to try on some clothes and shoes to see if I'm keeping them. It's windy and fall like here so I'm happy to stay tucked inside.

Be back later!

Vickie
11-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Mary Ann, which frozen dinners do you buy from Trader Joe's? I love that place too. I have one about 15 minutes from my house. I'd like to try some of their frozen meals now that I'm transitioning off of Jenny.

beach bum
11-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Hi Ladies:)

It was very cold up here,[24]had to wear my winter coat to church this morning,and than the temps raised to [55] so I guess I will be peeling my clothes off to be comfortable when going out to the movies this afternoon.

VICKIE-Mandarin orange chicken,Citrus Glazed Chicken,Spinach Lasagna,Eggplant Parm, Spanokopita,Mini Morning Buns. Brussels Sprout with Cranberries and some the products. Your lucky to a TJ only 15 mins from you have an hours drive to get to ours.

RHONDA-Than ks for sharing the web site of the terrible accident in England Glad that JOJO and EMS are safe.

Have to go and get ready for the movies as we are seeing an early show

Vickie
11-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Thanks Mary Ann. I was specifically wanting to know about frozen entrees. I might give the spinach lasagna a try. I like citrus chicken but only if it doesn't have that harsh orange peel flavor. I don't eat eggplant and don't like oregano so I'm guessing I won't each the spanokopita.

Picky Pete, aren't I? It's amazing I'm fat. What I like though....I eat a lot of!!!