Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/148/135

Height: 5'8"

Default Bad, bad weekend

I've had my worst weekend yet. Went over Fri, Sat and Sun. Ate a lot of bad food. The worst part is I 'budgeted' so I could eat bad food and still ate way more than I should have.

Also, the scale is up 5 POUNDS from Thursday. 5 pounds!! My body doesn't feel any different of course, but still, the scale is making me so sad. The worst part is I hurt my back and can only walk (rather than run) this week while I'm recovering.

UGH I feel like my hard work is 1/2 way out the tubes. anyone else have a terrible weekend?

Last edited by lissvarna; 10-30-2011 at 09:26 PM.
lissvarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Your weekend sounds very similar to mine in terms of budgeting to eat a bit more and still eating even more than what you budgeted for! The important thing is to remember that tomorrow's a new day! We can't undo what has happened, but we do have control over what we do from here on out! Also, it is highly unlikely that you gained 5 actual pounds since Thursday; that would mean that you have consumed 17,500 extra calories in the past few days. It is likely water retention from salty foods and will go away soon, although I know it's super frustrating to see those numbers in the meantime! Good luck, and keep your chin up!
phd2be123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

I had a night I wasn't planning on last evening. Not only did I eat two dinners -- albeit healthy ones, I had wine. Not only was the scale up a pound, I didn't sleep well for the wine.

I was just listening to a podcast that pointed out this kind of quick gain is partly because of the weight of undigested food inside, and also water retention for the salty food of restaurant lore. Sometimes a nice cup of Senna tea (yeah, it's a laxative) can get you feeling normal in a few hours, if you know what I mean.

So as Miss Scarlett said, "tomorrah is anothah day..." although I'd start right this second. I sure am starting TONIGHT!
crimsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/146ish/146ish

Height: 5' 5

I did this on purpose this weekend as I'm in maintenance mode. Usually what happens is by Friday most if not all of that will be gone if you eat light this week. You might not lose this week but you certainly won't gain much if you jump right back on the wagon and maybe eat a little less this week and try to exercise.
monmis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:28 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

It is not a good idea to take laxatives as a way of controlling weight gain! This is ridiculous--it's not the weight of the waste inside the intestines we are trying to lose, it's the FAT that's under our skin and in our organs!

As for water weight, a day or two of drinking a regular amount of water (e.g., 64 ounces in a day) should take care of that. The water helps remove excess salt, and takes excess water with it.

lissvarna, if you find you can't handle eating moderate amounts of those "bad foods," then don't even start with them. You may have to eliminate them completely for awhile. You wouldn't be the first to find this out. Some foods act like a trigger to overeating.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Injury causes water retention too, that'll be part of the reason for the 5lb. Painkillers can have the same effect, and even more so if you're on painkillers which are constipating.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:14 AM   #7  
Mem7883

S/C/G: 119/119/108

Height: 5' 2"

Count me in on the bad weekend. At my mother in law's both days with very unhealthy fare and NO control over what I could eat (she's very territorial about her kitchen and micro-manages everyone's food). But of course it's my fault, I have all the evidence to know that when I eat well, I like myself better, and am a kinder, more generous, less resentful more patient, tolerent, compassionate person. Why not be that?

It's a new week, and I've filled up the pages of my food record journal. Going to the store now for a new one.... Fresh notebook, fresh outlook, here I come! We all, ALWAYS have the right to step back onto the right path, even if we take a wrong exit once in a while.

Actually, despite the bad weekend, it's almost exciting, somthing to look forward to, getting back on track and treating ourselves well again, know what I mean?
mem7883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

YES. I was a bad girl this weekend. For me, what does it is when I'm totally lazy. I didn't even leave my house on Saturday, or yesterday until the evening (when I went to get food!) I try to go to the gym at least once on the weekend, and usually one day is a bit off but nothing too terrible. But since I had zero structure and I was a big ball of laze, my eating habits were terrible. And I didn't feel too great physically because of it!

But look, there's no need to beat yourself up over it now. Just do what you can to get rid of the weight this week. I find that when I exercise and drink a ton of water, I'm not up by my next weigh-in. It might not be a loss at all, which stinks, but it'll be back down. As a side note, I often weigh myself after a bad weekend to 'punish' myself, or 'scare' myself back into good habits. Sometimes this works, sometimes it backfires. So I usually recommend waiting a few days so you're not too discouraged. Because you know you didn't really gain 5 pounds! (Ha, that was my number too, this morning, but for some reason I was able to let it slide. Meh.)

We all have bad days, weeks, whatever. But what matters is that you get back on.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 155/134/120

Height: 5'2"

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who had a horrible weekend. My friend that I hadn't seen in over a year came to visit me and we absolutely pigged out on Friday night, which triggered me to continue eating poorly and over eating the entire weekend. I justified it by saying that I'd allow it for the weekend but get back on track on Monday. Monday is here and I didn't do nearly as well as I should have. Let this be a lesson to me: desserts are a seemingly unbeatable trigger. I simply can't indulge in them. As long as I don't, I'm golden, but the second I do, I'm screwed.

Here's to everyone getting back on track ASAP!
Zoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 168/148/135

Height: 5'8"

Much love to everyone else who had this problem last weekend! I knew unfortunately I wasn't alone.

I also only had an OK Monday. Didn't go over calories or anything, but did "graze" and have a few snacks here and there that I should have passed on.

However, amazingly enough the scale has gone back to where it was before this Halloween weekend-- it even looks 1/2 pound lower. So thankful!!
lissvarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

Let me join in on the "horrible weekend" confession thread. My life was crazy busy and there were unexpected family emergencies that cropped up which made it difficult to eat as 'on plan' as I would have liked. I made appropriate choices given my options but they were still pretty bad.

Then, last night, we took my nieces and nephews trick-or-treating. *sigh* It's not like I ate a whole bag of candy or anything but a few mini candy bars and grabbing dinner on the go - well, the scale is showing me the results this morning.

Now it's back on plan and getting things moving back in the right direction!
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote