Old 10-29-2011, 12:04 PM   #1  

Smile Supplements with IP - any alternatives?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody uses an alternative for the Natura products

Cal-Mag
Potassium Calcium
Multi-Vita
Omega
Enzymes

If so, what specific products should I get and where do I find them? Thanks for your help. I'm running low on most and want to try and save some $$$
debz2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 161/139/112

Height: 4' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz2boys View Post
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody uses an alternative for the Natura products

Cal-Mag
Potassium Calcium
Multi-Vita
Omega
Enzymes

If so, what specific products should I get and where do I find them? Thanks for your help. I'm running low on most and want to try and save some $$$
I got all of mine except the Cal-Mag at Puritans pride online. Although I wish Id known to get a higher dose of Potassium Calcium, as the IP version is 800mg and mine is only 200mg, (so more pills to swallow to make up the difference). As for the Cal-Mag, I did not find the exact thing, but a very good substitute at my local GNC. Hope that helps!
Oh, and I got my whole order from Puritans Pride, which included two bottles of each, for about the same price as ONE of the IP suppliments.
Best of luck!
ABrown46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #3  
My friends call me Darrel

S/C/G: 414/314/215

Height: 6'2"

My wife and I buy from PP also. In place of the IP multi-vita we get the PP High Potency for Women or Men. We also get the Calcium Magnesium with Vitamin D in place of the IP Cal Mag.

I did some reading and the Potassium Bicarbonate we take is different than just potassium. Best price I could find for a sufficient dose was from Life Enhancements.

I did the math for the IP supplements. Our clinic charges $27 per bottle. Calculated by dosage we'd pay .95¢ per day. Getting the same doses from the above sites we're at .40¢ per day. We pay more up front but get 6 or 7 month's worth. Which should get us to goal weight by the weigh! (pun intended )
tykesplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #4  

Do you think the Kirkland brand (costco) of Omega-3 Fish Oil will be fine to use? I also heard something about Ultimate Omega that Vitamin Shoppe has. Anybody use either of these?
Old 10-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #5  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Do you think the Kirkland brand (costco) of Omega-3 Fish Oil will be fine to use? I also heard something about Ultimate Omega that Vitamin Shoppe has. Anybody use either of these?
I got a big bottle from Sam's of the Omega 3,6,9...it has 325 capsules for $16
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:20 PM   #6  

OK great. Thank you! I think I will head over there this afternoon and see what other supplements I can get. Do you take the enzymes too? Is it necessary?
Old 10-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #7  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
OK great. Thank you! I think I will head over there this afternoon and see what other supplements I can get. Do you take the enzymes too? Is it necessary?
I do not take enzymes, I take the Centurm for women for my multi-vitamin.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #8  
konsheart

S/C/G: 243/ 237/130

Height: 5'5

Just started out on IP and Its good to know that THERE MIGHT BE ALTERNATIVES OUT THERE ***Today I Had My 1st Wi And I Am Really Proud Of Myself I Lost 6.7pounds And I Felt So Good About It I Know I Can Do This Only The 1st Few Days Were Really Hard But With The Feeling I Had When My Coach Told Me That I Lost Weight *i Know I Can Do This* Good Luck To All
konsheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:23 AM   #9  

I take the Women's 1 a day multivitamin, the Spring Valley Calcium, Magnesium Zinc combo and the Spring Valley Potassium. I get everything from Walmart.

It's important to look at the elemental mgs needed for the protocol. Example: My potassium is only 99mg of elemental for each pill; however, on the IP protocol sheet the 800mg pill is not elemental. IP protocol is 332 mg of elemental potassium. Between my potassium supplement and my multivitamin, I achieve that.

I also recently started taking 5000mcg of biotin. This is just a Target generic. This is to help prevent hair loss, increase circulation and I've heard it can help with acne...which I struggle with.

As always, make sure you check the labels when supplementing with something non-IP. IP is a very strick protocol and you want to make sure you are meeting the protocol needs.
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote