WW Clubs and Groups - #267 Bale of Turtles Meeting the Challenge!

Itryharder
10-27-2011, 02:39 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
10-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi Turtles,
Got on :tread:------after my crummy WI at JC, I thought eating potato chips might be a good idea. Not. But I ate the chips anyway. So I promised myself an OP and :tread: and so far, so good.

Everybody have a great day today. Tomorrow I'm stripping wallpaper at my dd's. Then Saturday we have our Halloween party. I have to seriously consider what I will eat that night------none of it is figure friendly-----only the salad. Hmmmmm. I'll have a JC dessert since they're so good, but the main food I've got to consider carefully.

Have a wonderful weekend. How's everyone doing?
Judy
234.6/185.8/179 and thinner :cool: It's just a matter of time and I'll be where I want. :smile:

Taylorsjourney
10-27-2011, 09:01 PM
hey everybody... hope everyone had an awesome day and some movements on the scale... today I got up late so didn't get my treadmill date in.. worked late so no way I'm in the mood now so guessing it's a rest day LOL... totally into my TOM so tomorrows challenge WI will likely be not what I want to see... I'm mentally trying to prep for that and thinking my official WI on Monday might be better .. hahaha it's all a mind game some days... I tried a new recipe: Pumpkin Gratin with Crispy Rosemary-Parmesan Topping... it's a WW recipe and it was pretty good..

Itryharder - thanks for changing us into a new slot .. woo hoo for us.. Glad you got onto your :tread even after a little bump in the road with the chips.. stripping wallpaper should be some good AP I would thing tooo maybe work enough up to change them in for your Halloween party?

Princess I bet you had fun with your grandbaby today.. How did you make out with your pitch in party and your WI?.. whatever your scale said you got moving and grooving this week and that's an awesome thing!!

Jar - I could smell those cookies from here LOL.. good idea to send them out with your hubby... have you made the WW 1 point chocolate muffin... I sometimes like to have 2 of those in the afternoon with my coffee.. or I know Target has the fiber1 90 calorie peanut butter bars that are 2pts and pretty good... I've been to Cranberry in Pittsburgh are you anywhere near that?

Banditt - how was your party.. did your costume go over with as much fun as it sounded.. yes it was a relief with my sons tests and I've also heard about the kids as well as adults using this energy drinks as mixers... I've tried to be very open with discussions with my kids about what can happen as they attend schools and luckily he has 3 older siblings that have also gave him a heads up of what to be careful of.. so I pray that it continues..

CherryAutumn hope you and your family are on the mend..

Terri - how goes it with you?

Lots2go are you still training outside as this cold weather moves in?

for me this weekend I work on Saturday then maybe a date night with my dh if the rain continues to keep him out of the fields and then Sunday we have a dedication service for my Uncle/Godfather who passed away last year.. he was very much involved with his church and they've apparently created something to honour him so that will be interesting to see..

have a good evening turtles!!

jar1965
10-28-2011, 06:19 AM
Good Morning Ladies!
Drum roll please (haha) today's WI.... -2#....Thats a total of 9# down since my "re-start" 3 weeeks ago! :carrot:

Taylorsjourney - I worked in Cranberry for the last 6 yrs. until I got layed off in Dec. I live 25 minutes from there!!!
Is that Pumpkin Graten on the ww site (etools).....I love pumpkin anything!:dizzy:

Well I better get my coffee and keep on going. I work today an the rest of the weekend! Today will be easier than tomorrow. Saturdays are DONUT days!!! But.....I've been back for 4 weeks now and I haven't had one yet!!!

Have a great & healthy Friday everyone!
jeanne

Princess1122
10-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! The Halloween party at my TOPS meeting was fun last night, we played a couple of games and had some snacks and over all it was a fun evening. I was happy with my W/I and will post my info over on the other thread but I was down 1.8 lbs.

I am heading out for my Aquafit class this morning and then back home to get my housework done, the house is a mess!

Jeanne: Congrats on your W/I... You are doing really well! Donut day, ugh, they are hard to pass up!

Taylor: Yep, I had a lot of fun with the grandbaby, he is just so cute and such a good boy. He is really getting around now and is not content to just sit in one place so you really need to double time it to keep up with him. Best wishes for the honor ceremony, I hope it goes well!

Judy: I know you will do great at the party but I also know how hard that is for you so keep the faith and make your plan and you will do fine! Have a good time and enjoy yourself!

Bandit: How did your party go last night? I'll bet your costume was a hit!

Cherry: how are you and the family doing?

Terri: What are you plans for the weekend? Are you still doing the half days at work?

Lots: How are you doing so far this week?

Life: Any plans for the weekend?

I have to run, lots to do today so I need to get my butt in gear.

terrod99
10-28-2011, 07:59 AM
Hey All TGIF and Terri's DAY OFF!!!!!!!!!

Last day before my boss comes back from vacation. Slept in and have the whole day ahead of me!!! Yeah me!!! Have a few chores nothing major. l

You guys all sound like you are doing great, lots of losses this week, I have my exercise working but really need to work on the food! Baby steps, I'll get there. You gals are working very hard and are seeing positive results. Woo hoo!!

Everyone have a great weekend, not sure what the weather is going to be like but hoping for some sunshine at the least!

Terri

Itryharder
10-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Hi Turtles,
Taylors, I hope the service is lovely. It's an hororable thing to do.

Jar, down 2# :goodscale: You have had a fabulous 3weeks. Those pounds are dropping like doughnuts.........oh---that's because you're not eating the doughnuts! :bravo: :balloons: :dancer: Weigh to go!

Princess, this is wonderful. You're down another 1.8# this week after losing so well last week. I think you heard the "click". Weigh to go! :goodscale:
:balloons: :carrot:

Terri, great job with the exercise :strong: I feel the food will follow.

My plan---I'll eat my JC during the day. Have an energy bar right before the party. Drink lots of Diet Coke (i know, I know) and eat a big salad and I'll have a tablespoon of my favorites. I shouldn't be hungry. This is at my home. I can always make a cup of tea or boullion if I need it. I'll stay away from the dessert table and have a cup of tea and a JC dessert when the others indulge. That's my plan. And I'm sticking to it. Thanks for the input.

You all have a great day and I'll check back in later.
Life4evr, how are you?
Cherry, kids on the mend?
Bandit, was party a blast? Send a photo.
Hope I've got you all. Take care. Have a great day and great weekend.
Son and family coming in for the party and we'll be busy.
Judy
234.6/185.8/179 and thinner :cool:

Taylorsjourney
10-28-2011, 11:09 AM
good morning everyone... brisk but beautiful sunny day!! woke up to the first real good frost on the ground with scrapers needed to clear the windows.. it's coming yes it is I hear Boston got their first snowfall yesterday .. yikes..

Jar - awesome job on losing that is fantastic.. wow in 3 weeks to have lost that much is grrrreat!!! I can't believe you live 25 mins from Cranberry.. it was a beautiful place.. My Mom worked for Heinz here in Canada and therefore was allowed to go to that place called Eden Hall - are you familiar with that? Anyway I was allowed to go as well and we looked so forward to our week vacation spending it in Pittsburgh... it really is a pretty city.. plus HUGE lol... they sold the place when the trustees apparently tweeked the requests of Sebastian will to work in a better interest for them... so haven't been there now for 3 years.. wow small world!! Oh and yes that recipe is from the ww etool site.. I'm an online ww so I find stuff there alot!!

Princess - look at you go.. that is awesome to have the loss..I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your grandbaby!!!

Terri - enjoy your day off.. make it a day of YOU and have fun!!!

I've been up.. I got my workout in YEAHHHHH and I did get on the scale for the challenge.. I was pleasantly surprised to be done -.8 -> wahoo I'll take it.. I'm so excited I could burst.. I do detest how that scale and its numbers can just mind boggle your emotions with one flick of move up or down.. but today happy dance ..LOL..

have an awesome day everyone!!!

bandit2
10-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi turtles

Sunny but cool today, but no rain which is great

My Tops party was good & got lots of comments on my costume
(when my dd comes home I will get her to take pictures & will post then)
I won a contest that has been ongoing as a funraiser & my portion was
$145 which was a surprise. On the downside I was up 1# but was expecting
to be up so no surprises. Just have to do better next week.

Jar - what a fabulous loss for you!

Princess - you are also right on programme, so keep it going!

Judy - have fun at your party, sounds like a blast.

Taylor - nice job on you losing as well.

You girls are doing great, so keep up all your hard work & I will really
focus this week and get that darn scale moving in the right direction.

Just heading out to centre for a walk & then hot-tub, swim

We have a Tops rally tomorrow for the day, so will busy with that

Have a great Friday!

Itryharder
10-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, yay on the cash award. What fun and a surprise! :balloons:
This week is going to be an OP and weight loss week for everyone!

Taylors, happy dance is happy dance. Take it and run! Soooooooooooo pleased for you that the :goodscale: cooperated when you wanted it to.
Yay!

As far as me, my scale is down again, but what I do is count my official WI on Wed. and then post that weight on Friday. It seems to be working for me right now, so I'll keep at that. Stripped wallpaper for daughter in her bathroom. She won't have too much more to do before she primes and paints it. Also walked for 1/2 mile at boardwalk. Very cold and I didn't have my jacket with me, so I called it done. Tonight my dson and his family are coming in for our party and it looks like my dd, dgs, and dsil may be in tonight too. Gotta run and relax. You all have a great weekend just in case I can't get back on the computer tomorrow.
Judy
234.6/185.8/179 and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
10-29-2011, 06:02 AM
Good morning everyone! I just wanted to pop online quick to wish everyone a very happy Saturday and best wishes for an on-plan day to you all!

I am off to head north to spend the day with my mom - it is a long trip so I need to get my butt moving and will check in again tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

bandit2
10-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Hi everyone - sunny but chilly today.

Just got back from Tops rally which was lots of fun & got in a 2 mile
walk yesterday at my walking centre, so my legs are abit stiff today.

Staying in tonight for a change - haven't had a quiet weekend for ages,
so looking forward to just relaxing.

Judy - nice to hear you are still losing, awesome and you sound so busy with everything.

Princess - have fun with your mom

CherryAutumn
10-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Todays weigh in was good (drum roll) down -2.2 pounds. I hope I can keep it off and then some for next week. Today we took the kids on a nature walk. So I got exercise and quality time with the family. Glad everyone seems to be in good spirits. On to a new week. Hoping, hoping, hoping for a good one.

Taylorsjourney
10-29-2011, 10:09 PM
good evening ladies..

today was colder then I thought.. got home from work and decided to take a walk outside and I'm thinking I have a headcold starting.. my bones are aching so will see what happens tomorrow..

Banditt - awesome job on the outfit and congrats on the cash win.. what exactly would be a TOPS rally?

CherryAutumn - wahooo on the loss that is amazing.. nice to see you were able to get the family out of the house for a nature walk...children often see life in such a different view then we do those walks I bet are adventurous..

Princess - I hope you had a lovely visit with your Mom...

Itryharder - did you have a fun goulash hallow party?

I hope everyone else is doing great.. I'm headed to bed as I am wiped right out... Night!!!!

jar1965
10-30-2011, 07:09 AM
Good Sunday Morning Everyone!

Woooosh, what a busy w/e at work! I was very anxious to get out of there yesterday. I made it till 3:45 (I was only scheduled till 4) and I broke down and had a cookie! Urgh! *a little cookie* but still a cookie! :devil:
Had tuna & salad for dinner. haha! Had to compensate!

I bought Tuna Creations, Sweet & Spciy...2 Points for 1/4 cup! Very good!

Taylor - it was cold here too!!! I ran to JC Penney's to get a new winter coat since all my old ones are sooooo big!!!! Wooohoooo to that! But.....the coats were outragous in price. Even on sale, I felt that they were too much money! So, my hoodie and vest will have to do!

Bandit - I would like to find a TOPS in my area. Many years ago I went to one and really enjoyed the energy!

Cherry - Woohooooo!!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot: Good job!!!!!

Judy - Yay on that loss! We'll wait for the surprise at "WI"! ;) Ahhh, stripping wallpaper......Bless your heart! lol! How did your party go?

Terri - Hope you had a great w/e! Good job on the exercise! I really need to get some in! And yes....Babysteps!!!! You go girl! Hope it is a great Monday for ya with your boss back!

Princess - I SURVIVED!! Not one donut all w/e!!!!! However...I did sneak that cookie yesterday! Oh well....new day!

Hope everyone has a great & relaxing Sunday!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

bandit2
10-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Morning turtles - frosty out there this a.m.

Cherry - congrats on your weight loss, that is awesome!

Taylor - hope you are feeling better today. A Tops rally is a yearly event and all the chapters in the region attend & there is a different theme and each chapter dresses up to reflect that - this year was Hollywood and our chaper wore white tops, black pants, decorated Top hats and Star necklaces.
It is different awards based on previous year. I received a ribbon for losing 21#, a ribbon for 8 week no gains & one for a card contest which started last rally. So it is yearly event to recognize achievements from different chapters in your region each year.

Jar - congrats on just eating 1 cookie & no doughnuts, lots of temptations for you. I use to do ww but found it was getting expensive so I joined Tops
which is $10/month at our chapter & helps keep me accountable by having to weigh in each week. And it is great group of ladies, so happy with the change. Even if I tried different eating programme, I would still be part of this chapter for my weigh ins. Lots of the ladies do different plans, but still
come to weekly meeting for support.

Well off to find out about this detox meeting - I am sure they will try pushing all kinds of products on us, but just want to see what it is all about

Have a good Sunday - roasted chicken for my dinner, yummy!

Princess1122
10-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Good afternoon everyone and happy Sunday to you all! Super chilly here also but at least no snow like the east coast is getting!

We had a good trip yesterday and the travel was uneventful which is always good. Enjoyed being with my mom, we took her out to lunch and then did some grocery shopping and then just hung out and visited for a while before we headed back home. It is a three hour trip each way so the travel is the biggest part of the day.

Sounds like everyone is doing good and that is a wonderful thing. I slept in this morning, I was going to go to the gym but was just too tired when I woke up so will take the dogs to the park for a walk later if the rain holds off.

I need to run, we have people coming over to watch the football game and I have a ton of things to do ... have a great day all!

Taylorsjourney
10-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

well this afternoon it all hit me.. felt like a steam rolling truck ran over me.. Ive been trying to get water in me just to stay hydrated but I'm just wiped out.. I went to my Uncles dedication - wasn't likely the best choice but he meant the world to me and didn't want to miss it.. beautiful service and memorial but being outside for even a couple of minutes had me chilled to the bone.. came home and slept for almost 2 hours.. my poor DH has watched me go from flannel jammies with socks and slippers to now shorts and a tshirt as whatever this is moves thru me.. he keeps a distance as he asks every so often "need anything" lol..

Bandit - thanks for telling me about Tops it sounds like you have a great group for support... how did you make out with your detox info session...

Princess - glad you had a good visit with your Mom.. 3 hours there and back would make for a long day..

Jar - YEAH your Steelers won.. I had the game on as I laid on the couch.. I'm not a huge Tom Brady fan so glad the Steelers won.. good job on one cookie.. I would see that more as a non scale victory because it could of so easily turned into 5 or 6..

okay my energy level has dropped LOL.. wierd whatever this is.. take care everyone!!

Princess1122
10-31-2011, 08:34 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all and Happy Halloween also! I am heading out the door to my aquafit class and then to run errands but hope to get back on later on today to catch up on some post reading and see what everyone is up to.

Have a great day everyone and stay out of the candy dishes!

exquisitern
10-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Good Morning all,

Well, I'm back again. Tired of steadily gaining weight, so I decided to get back on the band wagon. Support from others always helps me.
I'm starting at 241#'s and my weigh-ins are going to be on Mondays.
I look forward to getting to know each of you. I like the turtle and the hare mind set of thinking. Slow and steady wins the race.
I'm going to do the Weight Watcher's momentum plan, since this is what I was successful on before. I got my tennis shoes out, so I can start back walking.
I'm looking forward to a cruise next year and want to be down as much as possible before then so I can enjoy it even more.
I'll be talking to everyone again soon. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Donna

Itryharder
10-31-2011, 02:17 PM
:welcome3: Donna! Glad to have you posting here.

Gals, I'm too beat to reply to everyone's posts. :bravo: for all the wonderful weight losses and :goodscale: I'm so proud of you.

Today we're undecorating our house. Had great party on Sat. 3 1/2couples couldn't make it because of the wintry mix of weather, but the ones who got here had a great time. My weight is up, but I know what to do. I did disappoint myself because I had a good plan that I should have followed. Today I'm working on my attitude. I'll check back in later.
Judy
234.6/?????/179 and thinner :cool:

CherryAutumn
10-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Donna - Welcome! Nice to "meet" you. I am 5'4" and started out around your weight to. I have three small kids ages 2,4,and 6 years old. I have been married for almost 8 years now. I have started and stopped several weight loss programs and have come back to Weight watchers. It is working for me and I plan to stick with it while it is.

Princess- Hope you enjoy your aquafit class. It sounds like fun. I live in a fairly small town and I dont think they offer classes like that.

Taylor - Sorry to hear that you are feeling so rough. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Bandit- How are you doing this week? That roasted chicken sounded good.

Jar- Proud of you on the donuts. One little cookie ( it could have been worse) be proud that you didnt give in sooner and have a whole lot more to account for.

Lots2go - How are you doing? I missed hearing from you. I know you are keeping busy. Hang in there and post soon.

Hello to anyone else I might have missed.

terrod99
11-01-2011, 05:56 AM
November!!!! I can't believe it!

Welcome Donna nice group of Turtles here! You will find lots of support here with us Turtles!!! Most here follow the WW at least the basics of it! Lace up those shoes its free, find a buddy I discovered a gal from work lives 2 blocks away so we meet at 6 am walk for 1 hour then home to get ready for work! Exercise done for the day!!! Go with small changes and fit them to your lifestyle or they won't stick. You can do this!

Going walking so not much time hope all are well! Keepin at it! Keepin on ! Keepin movin!!!!

Have a great Tuesday!

Terri

jar1965
11-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Good Morning everyone! :coffee2:

Welcome Donna!!!!!:welcome2: I'm Jeanne, I have two grown daughters and an amazing husband! I do WW online & meetings (when I get there)! But online....FAITHFULLY! Addicted actually! I was 268# at my highest.

I don't have time for personals but am thinking of each and everyone of you! Have a great day and I'll catch up after dinner tonight!

:dust:

Jeanne

Itryharder
11-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Good morning everyone.
Today I had hoped to get on boardwalk, but I'll hit my :tread: instead if the weather doesn't clear. Had a good Halloween here. About 95 kids and they stopped trick or treating around 8:30PM. Very mild----no soaping or egging that I can see. Just kids having fun.

All Turtles, have a great day and I'll chime in later.
Judy
?????? down about 48# thinner is :cool:

Princess1122
11-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! It is a cold and chilly day here with frost on the ground. I took the dogs out for a walk and am getting ready to meed my DIL for our Zumba class. Then we are heading to the store to get a coat for D-GS.

I gave in and had some candy last night, not very proud of my lack of will power but over all it could have been worse so will move on from here. There are some really challenging contests going on right now at my TOPS meeting so I need to keep it together.

Welcome to Donna, I think you will enjoy this group of gals, it is a great support structure that we have going so welcome - we look forward to getting to know you.

All: I hope to get back online to do my personals later today, things have been busy and I feel like I never have enough hours in the day lately.

Taylorsjourney
11-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Good morning Turtles.. Hello November!!

Welcome Donna so glad you could join us..I am following WW online with my main w/i on Mondays but I've been weighing in on Fridays for the challenge we are doing, just to see where I'm at on that day!!

Sounds like everyone had a good Halloween.. I wasn't feeling 100% but thought I could get thru it so headed in to work.. :p BAD IDEA - ended up coming home crawling into bed and spent the rest of the day there.. today I have a full chest cold which has dampered my working out.. I told my dh that the treadmil has got to come inside from the garage as it's just getting to cold for me out there, so I think that will be making the move inside this weekend.. Ive managed to keep the water in me but meals aren't appealing so that should play some havoc with my w/i this week but what ya gonna do it is what it is...

Everyone is doing so awesome - keep up the great work.. :carrot:

LaurenH
11-01-2011, 02:41 PM
WOW! I don't come here for a while, and look what happens! You guys are doing SO GREAT!!!!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I am just so impressed by the numbers in your signatures! It probably feels slow as molasses to you, but it looks AMAZING to me. You're really an inspiration to me right now.

Looking back, what has made the difference for you this year? Why do you think you've been successful at getting this weight off?

I have been off the wagon for too long, and it's really showing. I'm still about 70 pounds down from my highest, but I'm way up from my lowest. It's disheartening. It has been a tough year on a lot of levels: my mom has cancer and is halfway through chemo; my pop had a stroke; personal struggles; etc. So apparently I've allowed these things to set me back with my eating. I'm still not where I want to be, though I'm making strides to get back on the wagon. Good days and bad days. And no exercise to speak of, either. That needs to change!

BTW, I see we have another blue-sky goat avatar here now (hello!), so I switched to the avatar I use most other places.

So good to see everyone doing so well! Can't tell you how happy it makes me. You all are the BEST.

bandit2
11-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Hi turtles:

Welcome Donna to our group! And welcome back, Lauren (nice to see you join us again)

Taylor - hope you are feeling better

Princess - glad you are getting in all this exercise, good for you & am sure
your doggies are loving it too!

Terri - awesome you have a walking buddy especially at 6 a.m.

Cherry - hope you are having a great day!

All - hoping everyone has a successful week!

Halloween was fun - I had about 60 kids which is about the norm for the last few years. I did abit of decorating but do more when Halloween falls on the weekend. Glad it didn't rain for the kids.

Going walking right after work - then home to watch Biggest Loser!

Have a good evening

Itryharder
11-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Hi Turtles,
Today has been such a busy day, but I wanted to check in on the Turtles to see how we are doing. Much to my very pleasant surprise was a post from
Lauren---the gal who with Lin was responsible for keeping this group going.
Lauren, I'm sorry things haven't been easy, but that part of your post where you say you've kept off about 70# is terrific. :bravo: I am so glad that you
decided to post here again. You asked about what helped us lose weight again and how our journey's been. About two and a half years ago I lost 25# on WW's. I walked for exercise and really tried very hard to track and keep OP. It was a great year for me. I came to the realization that time was slipping by and I wasn't happy with my weight for health and even for the way I looked. My dsis told me about a detox plan that worked for her and although I didn't lose any real weight on it (whey protein shakes with fresh fruit, etc) I felt healthier and at that moment, I worked WW very hard. Skip ahead a year and I had hives for about 1 1/2years. Insane. I wasn't able to drop any more weight even though I was working WW's very hard. I even gained 9# from Dec. 2010 to August 2011. Ugh. At that point I was extremely close to 200# again and felt that I would gain all my weight back if I didnt' catch it. I signed up with a prepared food program and have a counselor. It's working and I've lost about 14# doing that over the last
10 weeks or so. Just recently I started slipping on that (we still have a billion social activities with our family) so I'm at a crossroads again. I have a WI tomorrow and I am sure I'll be up. Ugh. So, that's my tale right now.
Lots of success because I am a couple of pounds away from where I was lowest at WW's, but feeling shaky because I'm letting this program slip away as far as determination.

What I know is that what we think about we bring about. All the plattitudes and little sayings are true. If we think we can, we can. If we think we can't, we can't. What I know is that you were always an inspiration to me and the other gals. You make complete sense and are so positive. I hope there is something here in this group that will feel like a nice, safe home and will help you to jumpstart your weight loss. :goodvibes:

Today dh and I got on the boardwalk to walk. Food is good, but I'm in the throes of wanting something better and more. Going off program is not good for me. It is too soon in my weight loss journey to do that. This is a good thing and I want to keep it that way. If I lose a pound a week, I can reach my goal by August. That is something worth :exercise: :tread: for!

Gotta run-----all the turtles, keep on keepin' on! We can do this.

Judy
?????/??????179 and thinner :cool:

life4evr
11-02-2011, 12:54 AM
Hi. Everyone. Well I am finally over my sinus thing but I have lost all my motivation. So it's looking a little ugly over here. So I will be back later to catch up. Half of my Christmas presents are made. Working third has thrown my sleep schedule off so I am having alot of late nights for no reason.

Princess1122
11-02-2011, 08:34 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! I will be out working in the yard today since they are calling for rain tomorrow, we have lots of leaves and such that need to be cleaned up and some more things that need to be prepared for winter.

DIL and I took the grandbaby to get a winter coat yesterday... well we got the coat but the over all trip to the store did not go well.... lol, the baby was in a bad mood and let the world know it... ugh. So we got the coat and got the heck out of dodge quickly!

This week is going ok and I hope for a loss of any kind since I could not manage to stay out of the candy bowl as much as I had hoped. ;)

Lauren: Welcome back! So glad to see you posting again and I am very sorry to hear that things are in such an uproar with you... I hope things get better quickly!

Judy: What ever happens today at the scale does not define where you are right now! You are doing well, if you need to mix something up because you feel at a crossroad then I have faith in you that you know what to do... have a great day!

Bandit: Yeah, we did not do as much as we normally do either for Halloween but we sure bought a ton of candy and still managed to run out LOL. At one point they were lined up down our walk way! ugh... had to turn out the light and close the door way to early, next year I will double the candy order I guess. It really is an easy way to give back a little to the people that live in our neighborhood.

Lots: How are you doing? I hope things are going well for you, chime in when you can!

Life: Glad you are feeling better! It seems like everyone is getting sick so early this year!

Taylor: I sure hope you are feeling better! It is so hard to keep to anything when you are sick. Get better soon!

Jeanne: How are you doing so far this week? I saw the yarn that you posted a picture of... very pretty! I am working on getting some projects finished up and need to start on a pair of hiking socks for my DS for Christmas. Have a great day!

I have not really tried any new recipes this week but am going to try a new marinade that I found a the store on some pork chops and grill them this evening.

Have a great day all!

bandit2
11-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Hi turtles

Sunny autumn day up here which I like to see!

Judy - you are doing great & loved your post, puts it all into perspective.
Just keep at it!

Life - glad you are feeling better

Princess - leaf raking is on my weekend list. My yard is full - got my eavestroughs cleaned yesterday & my fallen tree taken care of (cousins hubby is retired & I keep him busy) so now if I get the raking done, will
be all set before the snow! Yikes - hate the thought of that.

As Judy said - by losing 1# week it all adds up quickly.
If we all lost 4#/month by next June 1st we would all be down 28# and that
would make me very happy. Maybe we would all do better if we kept smaller goals in mind. 1# a week CONTINUOUSLY would be awesome. Doesn't sound like much but so much better than big loss/big gains & ending up in same place. Ok, enough from me :-)

I got in 3 mile walk last night & abit stiff today - maybe Zumba tonight will loosen things up.

Have a great day, everyone

Itryharder
11-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Life4evr,
I am intrigued.......what type of Christmas presents did you make? Good for you for being 1/2done. As far as the weight, it's good the sinus business is over and now you can work on the weight loss/exercise again. You can do this. So glad you posted.

Princess, babies are so much fun.......and then they yell. Glad you got a coat and got out of Dodge. So funny. Those candy bowls for Halloween are so tough. I've got my fingers crossed for a loss for you this week.

Bandit, good to hear from you. My leaves will be calling me soon. I've got a big maple in the front yard that is the last to lose its leaves every year. My neighbors will probably chop it down some year because just when they are *done*, my leaves drop. Glad you got in a three mile walk. right now I'm concentrating on 1 1/2 miles for now. Yeah-----I like the idea of a steady one pound loss. That's the ticket for me right now.

Lots, how are you?

Terri, isn't it funny that you and LaurenH had the same avatar? How's your exercise coming along?

Donna, how are you doing?

Taylor, :strong:?

Jar, love your name. Hope you're feeling better at this point.

Cherry, I see you're losing more and more weight. Weigh to go! :bravo:

Today was my double WI. I gained 2# at each place. My biggest hope is that by tomorrow I'll be at my more normal weight. salt plays havoc with me. I walked yesterday and today. That should help.
At my WW mtg. my three best friends all lost well after having dry spells. I am so happy for them and I expect to have a weight loss this week as well.

Gotta run. Just wanted to check in. You're all the best!
Judy
???,/?????/179 and thinner :cool:

Taylorsjourney
11-02-2011, 09:52 PM
good evening everyone..

life4ever - glad you have the sinus issue under control and hope that you find that motivation to get back on board..if you are doing ww online you can sometimes find inspiration in the community blogs..

princess - glad you found the jacket.. I remember all to well if one of my children wasn't in a good mood going out in public was a race to get the list of things needed done.. I hope the grandbaby is feeling better..

Jar I hope everything is okay with your friends family.. btw do you knit fingerless gloves.. I would love to have a pair and just was wondering... the colours of the yarn you had up were very pretty...

Bandit sounds like you have a good weekend plan on the agenda.. our weather here is going to be sunny but windy so not sure what you will get your way but a little wind might help that raking along.. good job with the walk...

Hey Lauren.. I hope things begin to even out for you and life becomes smoother..

Lots2go how is your training going..

CherryAutumn, Terri how is your week going

Well I tell you I'm still not feeling 100%.. today I thought I just had to get on my treadmill - I missed it - omg I'm sicker then I thought .. but I just felt I needed to get something in and I did feel somewhat better.. besides I told myself since it's all now settled in my chest as a good cold I should be good.. well the workout was awesome I sweated out so much stuff .. that euphoria (sp) lasted til afternoon when I fevered up.. I took my dh supper in the field and he ordered me home to bed ..hahaha which is funny if you knew my dh is the most gentle kind soul you would ever meet.. so here I am - in bed filled to the rim with all the kardashian news, beiber news and anything else that comes across the boob tube.. following the ww program has pretty much been non existant so who knows what this week will bring.. so here's to hoping tomorrow is a better day.. it can't last forever right!!!

life4evr
11-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Thanks everyone.

Judy I made one of my God daughters a knitted hat and scarf. The baby God daughter a knitted hat. My best friend and her husband a knitted scarf. The recently moved to a colder place and she asked for hat and scarves. I was sewing till I had an incident iwth my mom's machine so i have to get another part for it. I understand about the salt. It has always played havic on me. Even when my blood pressure was lower.

Taylorsjourney I hope you feel better.

So my eating started out well. I had like 3 slices of a veggie lovers. Which the three slices seemed like a good idea at the time. Well my body wasn't happy. So now i am fighting heartburn. But at least I didn't eat half the pizza in one sitting. So my blood pressure is going back down. So far even with me not tracking and not really exercising I was still under 289 lbs last week. I have weigh in tomorrow so we shall see. My clothes and scrubs still have room so that's good. Weigh in is tomorrow so we are crossing fingers that i am still under 280.

Hope everyone has a goodnight.

terrod99
11-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Hey All

When does it slow down?

Got to get the eating under control, not sure if WW is the thing for me, but not sure also what else would be........ I am having a colonoscopy next week there is a possibility that I have crohns disease! I laughed and told the docotor "you don't see too many fat people with crohns" she said I would be suprised. On a lighter note someone said I would loose 10 pounds doing the prep for the scope!!!! This could play a major factor in my diet!!!! We'll see.
So still walking 4 days a week. Got that going well..

Glad to see everyone is well and keepin at it!!! Nice warm day here yesterday hoping for a few more before winter sets in.

Talk to you all soon
Terri

jar1965
11-03-2011, 06:49 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Spent the day with a friends yesterday. Red Lobster for lunch.....Broiled Tilapia, 2 sides....both steamed broccoli and yes..........2 of those awful (lol) rolls they serve! Urgh! Then.....WENDY'S for dinner....small chili and side salad. So overall I stayed OP even eating out!!! WELL....UNTIL LAST NIGHT...When I couldn't find the perfect snack, so, I had a bunch of crap! I need a kick in the butt! :dizzy::dizzy:

I don't feel good today. Headache & stuff! Hope it's not a cold!:p

I have several hats that I need to get done for orders. I got an email from etsy about "infrigment rights"!!!! I was so embarrassed. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to make and sell "some" of my hats on there. Well, I guess I can...I just can't call them what they are. lol! ex: angry birds....I have to name it ... mad birds or something.

Well gotta get on the laundry!

Have a great day everyone!
jeanne

Princess1122
11-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! It is supposed to rain buckets today so I got my yard work done yesterday and will do inside stuff today and I have a lot of that so will keep busy and out of the kitchen - with W/I tonight I need to stay away from food with the exception of a basic meal or two - I have a beef brisket in the crockpot for supper tonight and we will enjoy that once I get home from my TOPS meeting.

Sounds like we are dealing with our struggles as they come our way and that is a good thing... sometimes the loads that we carry are heavy with our day to day lives and trying to take care of our familys and ourself all at the same time, it can take a lot out of us so I hope everyone takes some "me" time and gets to feeling better, figures out what works for them, gets in their exercise, whatever you are dealing with I hope that your load gets lighter, we all deserve a break once in a while.

Have a wonderful day all!

LaurenH
11-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Wow, this place is really hopping now. So good to see. Thanks for all the warm welcome backs (welcomes back?). I post regularly over on Dotti's but will try to check in here more often, too. This was my original weight loss home ... more than a decade ago! How is that possible?

Bandit, I would dearly love a steady 1#/week weight loss! That's my top rate, actually. These days, I'm trying to celebrate even the tiny losses ... and the maintains, even. Anything is better than gaining.

Hope our sniffling turtles feel better soon. There's a nasty bug going around. Both DH and I got it and had to go on antibiotics for sinus infections. Tomorrow is my last day on them.

Had a good day yesterday eatingwise and tracking. Today will be another.

My back has some kind of spasm going on; not fun. Haven't had one of these in a while. Wish I had a heating pad at work.

Have a great day, everyone.

CherryAutumn
11-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Hey Lauren it is nice to hear from you. Hope things settle down for you.

Judy- Sorry you are having such a tough time with the salt and water retention. I am craving salt right now.

Hello to Life, Taylor, Lots2go, Bandit, Jar, and Princess. Hope I didnt leave anyone out.

Almost that TOM so I have made a few bad choices due to bad cravings. I hope it wont do to much damage to this weeks weigh in. Will try to check in later.

Itryharder
11-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Hi Turtles,
Taylor, your dh is so sweet. Feel better soon.

Life4evr, the knitted gifts sound great. It's wonderful to have a skill like that. I crochet because I was horrible at picking up dropped stitches in knitting. Just didn't have the skill or patience. Glad your blood pressure is down. I'm sending :goodvibes: and fingers crossed for your WI.

Terri, when I couldn't make WW work anymore, I tried something else. What I won't ever know is how much the hives worked against me/or not. I did lose one pound on WW's just as my hives ended. Then since I was so close to 200# and frightened, I switched to another program. So far I am very happy with it, but going off is a dramatic weight gain immediately. You are great with your exercise and it is commendable that at least you haven't gained weight.

Jar, you did just what I have done so many times in the past-----gotten through the hard challenges, denied myself all sorts of food I really wanted, and then give in later that night at home or the next day following a holiday. We'll get this all right in time. From where I'm sitting, it sounds like you did really well for most of the day. :bravo: I hope you feel better
soon. By the way, I love the "mad birds" and "hi Kitty" projects.

Princess, good luck on your WI. Brisket in crockpot sounds yummy. :chef:
We are all busy. I love your words and the details about how we need to take care of ourselves. My leader always says, :Make sure you're on the list and I try to do that. Of course I don't have young ones at home anymore, but I still find there are millions of things that need to be done. Good words.

Lauren, yep----this group is really hopping. Bandit suggested a challenge that ends with Biggest Loser's final night. Part of our challenge is to post daily. I think it's helping all of us keep on track. We also have several new
members who are fabulous in determination and support. I love this group. They've al got good ideas and help me realize I'm not in this alone. Lots of wonderful people struggle with weight and it's okay as long as I'm working on it. Here's a :bravo: and :carrot: for your good days. Keep it up. You are doing this!

Bandit, thinking about you and how we've helped each other for so long now. Wouldn't it be great to lose that pound a week and reach goal this year? :goodscale:

Yesterday was a good day and the salty stuff is leaving me. I lost a pound overnight, have one more salty pound to lose and then I can concentrate on losing real weight again this week. I will be very happy to have that happen.
Dh :hb: is this upcoming Tuesday and we're celebrating with the family on Sat. I've got food planned and am thinking ahead. We are so lucky to have so much to celebrate, but the food challenges are always here. Gotta get up and over them. YaY.

Gotta run------best wishes to all of us. We're a great group.
Judy
???/???/179 and thinner. :cool:

bandit2
11-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi turtles

Busy forum, which is super duper!

Judy - Too much salt makes me gain as well (I would be up 3# from Chinese)
Hoping you are back down today and glad you are getting in your walks.

Taylor - Nice job on exercising especially when you are sick - now, that is
dedication! Hope you get back on your WW plan soon.

Life - 3 slices of veg pizza is really good. Last week I ate an entire pizza by myself & of course, paid for that at the scale. Good luck at your weigh in,
sounds like you will do well.

Terri - Why would your dr think you had crohns? My brother has it & has to be careful what he eats. I had that procedure a few years ago & yes, you will be dropping some lbs for sure, but after the prep you feel great.
Heard on radio this a.m. we are in for a warm November - loving it!

Jar - congrats on making good restaurant choices - that is always a challenge. We can all relate to the crappy snacks & need to have some
OP snacks handy. Maybe the "snackbox" idea would be helpful for all of us.

Princess - Crockpot brisket sounds like the perfect meal for a rainey day & am sure your kitchen smells yummy. Good luck tonight at your weigh in.

Lauren - hope your back feels better soon.

Cherry - Good luck at your weigh in this week. TOM really messes things up.

I got in a 1 mile walk on my lunch yesterday, then did Zumba last night.
So this week has been successful with my exercise, for a change.

Weigh in tonight - scale hasn't moved since last week, which may be a good thing.

Anyway, have a great day and lets all stay OP!

bandit2
11-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Judy - we posted at the same time. Great minds think alike????

Itryharder
11-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Bandit, always good to see your smiling face.
Judy
?????/??????/179 and thinner. You know, I really want to get there. Time and patience and keeping my momentum will do it. :cool:

jar1965
11-04-2011, 07:07 AM
Good morning everyone!!!! I am so in on the pound a week! That would be great!!!!

Down -2#!!!!:carrot::carrot:

bandit - walking & Zumba in the same day....good for you!:carrot:

life4ever - so glad your feeling better. I think I have a sinus thing going on right now. Woke up with a little bit of a headache!!!

Princess - glad you got the coat and got out of Dodge too! hahah! I lol when I read that! Socks!!!!! Something I've never tried! I've looked at the pattern and I think I'm too lazy to sew in the heel! haha! Actually the sock yarn seems like it is so thin and I don't know if I could "see" to work with the small needle?!?!?!?

Lauren - I hope your back is feeling better!

Taylor - Yes! I make the fingerless gloves in crochet! I wish I could knit! I have all colors.....you tell me what you like and I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE THEM!!!!!!

Terri - Urgh to the prep.....Yay to the instant weight loss!!!! I had one last year.....not so pleasant, but we do sleep through it! lol!

Itry - Good job planning ahead for dh's birthday! Ahhhhh, cake!

Cherry - How was WI?

I sure hope I didn't miss anyone! Please forgive me if I did!!!! It's so busy that if you miss a day (or even several hours) you can get lost! haha! But.....I love it here! You are all so supportive & kind! **shhhhh, don't tell my girls from the chatters forum I said that!!! ......(I love them too)!

Have a great day and a wonderful w/e!!!! The weather "here" is suppose to be beautiful! I hope the same for all of you!

Jeanne

terrod99
11-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Hey All TGIF

Judy Yep salt gets us all!!! If you don't mind me asking what program are you following?

Bandit I ended up in emerg with belly pain, diarreha, had a ct scan that showed an inflammed section of bowel, stool testing came back normal(they were thinking food poisioning). So having colonoscopy so they can do pathology on that section of bowel. I am really paying attention to what I eat and what happens to my body after, soooo well see.

Princess Only a bit of rain here yesterday but below zero over night! Chilly morning today!

Glad to see everyone posting as usual will try to get on later to check on everyone!!! Hve a great wkend everyone!!!

Terri

Princess1122
11-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all... this is just a quick check in as I am heading out the door to Aquafit and then meet DH for lunch, then home to do my house cleaning and laundry so I have a full day but will get back on this evening to catch up and get some posting done for each Turtle - we all have so much going on!

I was down 1.2 lbs last night at weigh in and I was pretty proud of that because not many lost in the group with Halloween and all... I need to step up the exercise though and add in another day I think since my body is getting used to what I have been doing.

Running out the door now but back in a bit!

bandit2
11-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Happy Friday everyone

Jar - congrats on your loss this week, awesome!

Terri - good to deal with things when we have to, then go from there - hope
you are feeling better.

Princess - great loss for you too! And love that you are getting in lots of exercise, that really helps.

As for myself, I turtled last night at our meeting so was alittle disappointed -
I really felt/thought I would be down some. But was happy not to have gained since I did overdo it last weekend. That is my biggest downfall, the weekends - do great during the week, so my goal this week is to stay somewhat OP over the weekend.

All - hope you all were down at the scales.

Well, I have black bean chili in my crockpot (so hope that tastes good - lots of fibre) and plan on raking leaves today since it is sunny.
As Terri said it was frosty this am but by this afternoon should be OK to spend time in the yard.

Have a good Friday!

Itryharder
11-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Hi Turtles,
We are continuing to hop here---is that a form of exercise?

Jar, down 2# :goodscale: :bravo: :carrot: :dancer: :balloons: Weigh to go. I am so happy for you. You are burning up the scale. Hey, feel better soon.

Terri, I switched over to Jenny Craig. The first 8 weeks I followed it pretty much to the T. The last couple of weeks I've had even more social things going on and I've gained weight. I like the program, but I don't have a family to cook for. It's just me and my dh and he eats simple foods that I don't mind making for him. If I do everything right and my weight loss stalls, I 'll switch to something else. I need to get my weight off now.

Princess, :goodscale: :balloons: :dance: :carrot: :bravo: a nice weight loss the week of Halloween. Weigh to go! You're doing great. I'm so glad you heard that "click". Stepping up :exercise: is also key. I'm doing that too.

Bandit, glad you've got a realistic plan in place for the weekend. You follow through with that and you'll be down 2# next WI. Yay! :bravo: :chef:

I had a great day, foodwise, yesterday and also got to boardwalk for 1 1/2miles. Today I plan to do the same. Also started my new novel on NaNoWriMo on November 1st. I'm on word count and have to get there today and write more. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Na...... is the National Novel Writing Month. It's a free organization whose idea is to write 50,000 words in one month. You send in a daily word count, and if you reach the 50,000 words you get a certificate acknowledging that. Writing a book two years ago was a great esteem booster for me and I'm loving that I'm trying it again. Today will be a great OP day for me. Tomorrow I've got it planned out. Dh wants a lemon meringue pie for his :hb: and it's not my favorite, so I'll have a JC dessert. Okay,

to everybody!!!!!!!! Have a great OP day. I'm trying to get in my water, :strong: , and OP :chef: Good luck to all of us!!!!
Judy
\???/???/179 and thinner. Gotta do this! :cool:

LaurenH
11-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Judy, I've heard good things about JC from friends who've done it. As with all diet plans that provide your food, it is tricky going off it. I did Pure Foods Fresh Start for more than 2 years, and I did great on it. But coming off it has been hard. Look at you walk! And you get to walk on a boardwalk, too; how cool is that? Are you near the ocean? I need a green-with-envy icon ...

So good to see losers here! Great job!

More stuff going on with my parents; got a very disturbing email last night. Had a long talk with my mom today about whether it was a good idea to get a pacemaker for my Pop, given his growing dementia. Boy, this stuff is hard. Was up at 4 a.m. Gack.

Had a good day yesterday foodwise; today not as good. I know it's emotional.

Heading to DMIL's tonight for the weekend; she lives over the border in Canada (hello, Bandit!). Haven't seen her in a while; it will be good to catch up. I really admire how she's growing old. One of my role models.

Have a great Friday and wonderful weekend, everyone!

Princess1122
11-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Ok, house is cleaned, got my Aquafit class in and met DH for lunch, now I am working on laundry and looking forward to the weekend. We did 15 minutes of Water Walking today in Aquafit, that is a serious workout!

Judy: You are doing so good and this time of year seems to be a busy time for you with the social and family things, I think that you have done really well so far, I think that the exercise is key for you with all of the food functions but that is just a quess on my part.

Bandit: Im sorry that you did not see a loss on the scale last night, I hate when that happens - when you expect to see a lower number and don't get it! I bet if you hold tight to the plan this weekend and increase your water big time you will see a big loss by next week! Good luck with those leaves, I have a yard full again and just got them all picked up... ugh. Oh well, keeps me busy!

Lauren: Parents are a tough one, my mom is ageing and we are dealing with certain aspects of it, it is not easy at all. I hope your weekend goes great!

Cherry: What are you up to this weekend?

Lots: Hope you are doing well!

Jeanne: Any plans for the weekend? Huge congrats on the loss, that is just fantastic for you to drop 2 lbs! I am working on a pair of fingerless gloves right now that are being made is sport weight wool, midnight blue, they are very pretty and my first attempt at knitting any kind of gloves. The socks that I knit are more hiking weight socks and I make them out of a worsted weight wool in a ribbed pattern so they move with the person. I will try and get pictures taken and posted of them.

Taylor: How are you feeling? Your husband sounds like a real sweetheart! I hope that you are able to get some exercise in and also some rest as I am sure that you need both of them at this point.

Life: How are you doing? You sound busy with all of your Christmas prep! I am doing that too since I am not working right now I have time to get my knitting moving.

Terri: I sure hope you get to feeling better! I have not had one of those done yet but DH has and you are right - he slept through the procedure and does not remember it at all. The prep was not as bad as it used to be from what we were told and he got thru it pretty well. Hope things go well for you!

I have to run, I hope I did not forget anyone! Have a great weekend all!

Itryharder
11-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Lauren, yes, I remember when you did the food delivery program. I like Jenny Craig very much. It makes food prep a snap. I buy a bag of oranges and a bag of apples and some yogurt. When my lunch is micro-waving, I make up a huge salad. For dinner I microwave some veggies and my dinner and combine them. I must admit I would love a piece of real meat, etc. but this program shows me how very little I need to eat in order to lose weight.
I think I can go "off" once in a week. What happened this past week is that we had three social occasions that I didn't do badly, but wasn't OP. That and the lack of time to exercise played havoc at the scale. I'm doing well now. Two great days down. I have tomorrow planned out. As I'm doing this I am thinking of the replacement foods I could eat in place of JC. Before I never used frozen foods except veggies. Now I realize I could have made this much easier on myself. I am counting on being able to do WW
maintenance. we'll see. I've got at least 40# to lose before I need to think of that.

My dh and I live in the center of Long Island. We're twenty minutes from the sound and twenty minutes to the closest ocean. I love it here. I've never visited anywhere that I liked better. No place like home....and all that jazz. The boardwalk is ideal for me since I stumble easily on the street.

Have a good time with your mil. I'm so sorry to hear about your Pop's health. I remember when they moved to be closer to you and your dh. :goodvibes: to get through this the best you can.

Princess, thanks for the reminder about exercise. It's so easy to let that go what with everything else that is going on. My dh and I were actually getting out of the car at the boardwalk when a message came through from our dd. She needed us to watch our grandson because she needed a procedure unexpectantly. We drove immediately to get him. she's fine, minor surgery done, driving home to rest right now. We'll keep him overnight and then see what tomorrow brings. I'd like to hop on the :tread: to keep my :exercise: going. That may not work. I'll see.

Terri, I've had a colonoscopy and it really wasn't bad at all. I'm sending :goodvibes: that they find what is bothering you and that you get better real soon.

Okay, gotta have fun with grandson. just wanted to check in.

Have a lovely weekend. Let's all keep on keepin' on and remember water,
exercise and good food. We can do this. We are doing this!
Judy
?????/????/179 and thinner :cool:

CherryAutumn
11-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Terri - Sorry you aren't feeling so well. I hope they get your stomach issues figured out.

Judy- Love your optimistic thinking right now. Thanks for the encouragement.

Princess- I am not really sure what we are going to be up to this weekend. Sometimes it is nice just to get some "me" time.

Jeanne- Congrats on the 2 pounds down! Great job. I will post my weigh in tomorrow. My weigh in day was saturday before we started the Friday weigh in thread.

Bandit- Weekend eating can be hard for me to. I know it is hard to be happy about a maintain but it is so much better than a gain. Your doing great just keep doing the best you can.

Life4evr and Lots2go - How are you ladies doing this week? Hope you are both ok.

Taylor- What do you plan to do this weekend? How did weigh in go?

I tend to sneak lots of peeks on the scale so I know how my body reacts to things. Today looked good for this week and I will check tomorrow for my offical weigh in this week. Considering the hard time I had with cravings this past week I am proud of any loss I may get. Will be back tomorrow to post again.

Taylorsjourney
11-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Wow remind me not to get sick to often because you miss a whole lot of going on in here..LOL.. so much activity it's awesome!!

I want to say I am over the hill and coming around the curve on the road to feeling better.. now it's settled into my chest and has become a pesky chest cough.. one of those that wakes you in the middle of the night for a good spell and then stops.. I'm trying the vicks on the feet with socks trick tonight to see if that works.. I have gotten out to exercise.. today was just beautiful so I did one of our "country" blocks which = 6 miles... it was awesome and only felt like I was coughing up my lungs twice on the trip .. SO YEAHHH... came home showered and that was if for the night for me..lol with my dh in the fields I can chillax right out... I did peek today on the scale but I'm not going to post til I do my official w/i on Monday but I am down.. was surprised by that because I felt like my body was holding alot of fluids and my appetite wasn't there..sometimes you hear how the body holds on because it thinks its in starvation mode.. UGH

Princess - wow you've been booking and moving and that is just terrific.. 15 minutes aqua walking sounds like it would really work the legs and get the heart pumping..

Itryharder - that book sounds so interesting... glad your able to get to the boardwalk when you can and I do hope your daughter is resting and going to be okay..

Banditt - sorry to hear things didn't move but I bet that means next week will be a big woosh.. I hear it's to be beautiful this w/e so have fun out in the yard.. I love the colour of the leaves right now.. my dd who lives in Calgary has had snow twice in the last week... I told her she could keep it for a while..lol

Cherry - glad to see your doing better.. have the children been outside enjoying all the sunshine? this weekend will likely be a low key one for me.. I work part of the day tomorrow and then with my dh taking the crops off unless I go for rides in the combine, I don't see to much of him.. we text alot thru the day just to touch base.. if it's as nice as they say it's going to be well then I will venture out for another walk and see where it leads me...

Jeanne - congrats on your loss.. must of been from all that cheering your STEELERS on to beat the Patriots..lol.... do you remember the Canadian gloves they had for the Olympics.. they were red with the Maple Leaf in white on them.. is there any way you could recreate that in a fingerless glove style.. if so that would be awesome.. msg me on fb with the details of price and what not and we can go from there..

Lauren - hello.. sorry to hear about your dad.. I remember when we found out news about my father how hard it was to deal with.. you just move forward one day at a time.. I hope things work out well for them..

Terri - sorry to hear your not feeling well .. my dad is scheduled for one of those in December.. first one that I know of in our family but friends of mine have had it done and they all seem to say it's gotten better over the course of the years in the way the procedure is done.. good luck and keep us posted on what they find..

I hope everyone else is doing great!! Have a wonderful evening!

jar1965
11-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Good Morning Ladies! Headed out to work....NO DONUTS.....I think I can, I think I can.....I KNOW I can! ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Just wanted to wish everyone a great day and I'll catch up tonight!

Taylor - I have those gloves. Another 3FC'er on my other forum sent them to everyone in our group! Love them! I am sure I "can't" make the leaf. I'll look tho....If I could find a white maple leaf that could be sewn onto my red fingerless gloves...that would work. I'll letcha' know!

Talk more after work! Have a great day! PS - We fall back tonight!

Jeanne

Princess1122
11-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Saturday to you all! It is very cold here this morning with lots of frost on the back deck. Even the dogs are snuggled up this morning and looking at my like I am nuts for making them go out to go potty... LOL.

I am off to the grocery store this morning and then home to get DH, we are going to help some friends do some painting today so I won't get to go to the gym or knitting group it looks like but they do so much for us that I am thrilled to be able to return the favor.

I hope that everyone is feeling better, getting in some "me" time and looking forward to a wonderful weekend!

Judy: I sure hope your DD is feeling better and it was so nice of you to drop everything and help out like that... You are doing so great that I am sure if it is the boardwalk or the treadmill you will get some "you" time in.

Jeanne: So NO to the doughnuts... LOL, ugh, it is so hard to do and one of my most favorite things is a good doughnut! Stay strong!:D

Taylor: You are so good, if it was me I would have my butt on the couch till I felt better lol... you are very commited and it will show on the scale!

Cherry: I hear yah! I love the weekends when we have no plans - enjoy yours and I hope it turns out to be a fantastic weekend for you and the family!

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
11-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Hi Gals,
We're really hopping, so I'll start a new thread. See you all over at #268 Bale of Turtles Doing Just Fine!
Judy