Mini-Goals - NSV: People Are Starting to Notice

Sunshine73
10-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Yesterday I was talking to a co-worker who was looking at me oddly. I assumed it was due to the mini-rant I was on and I said "Stop looking at me like that - you KNOW I'm right!"

His response?

"No, I just noticed - you've lost a LOT of weight" followed by "wow, you're starting to look good!"

Later in the day several other people also made comments about my having obviously lost some weight.

Ummm...okay. A part of me thought it was a bit weird and a part of me was all :carrot:

It's weird - I've lost almost 60 pounds but there was nothing different about yesterday to make them notice that.

Pag0206
10-27-2011, 01:31 PM
You are probably showing more confidence and happiness with yourself. People see that and then notice the body change.

ghlover
10-27-2011, 01:47 PM
What's NSV?
lol sorry.
Congratulations! It is always a confidence booster when other people start noticing!

wishfuiiy
10-27-2011, 01:50 PM
honey, this has been happening to me. i'll be talking and mid-sentence people cut me off and go, "damn sam, you're looking good already! i'm proud of you." and i smile, and keep going with whatever i was saying. i think people just latch onto the fact that we're getting our confidence and voice back. i've always been really outgoing and confident so it is like VERY evident that i love myself, or i'm starting to. good job!

free1
10-27-2011, 02:37 PM
CONGRATS.....it is a really weird feeling.

caramelkitty
10-27-2011, 02:38 PM
What's NSV?
lol sorry.

NSV = non-scale victory :)

GOOD JOB HUN!!!!!!!! I LOVE WHEN PPL NOTICE ITS THE BEST FEELING!!

As much as we all say we're doing this for us, we are secretly doing it for the compliments.... well, I KNOW I AM! lol :) :carrot:

Sunshine73
10-27-2011, 02:51 PM
I guess it is possible I'm starting to embrace my inner awesome a bit more and that's what's making them notice. :cool:

It's just so odd to have people stop in the middle of a conversation like they're just seeing you for the first time BUT it's such nice validation as well because while my clothes are definitely much larger on me and the scale says I've dropped the poundage, I don't see it in the mirror. I still see the same old me I've always been.

Lambiechop
10-27-2011, 02:55 PM
That's great!!

wishfuiiy
10-27-2011, 03:07 PM
I just put up photos on facebook of the difference, and people are just shocked! My latest status about losing 31 pounds since September had 53 LIKES. I wasn't even sure I knew 53 people. They cannot believe that I've lost that much. My boss walked up to me and tugged on my shirt collar and said it was loose, and I needed to get a new size! Most people would be put off about this, but they have been really supportive of me so I love it when they do things like that.

PreciousMissy
10-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Sunshine,

hahaha! That is a funny story! Great job on the NSV!!!!

Steph7409
10-27-2011, 08:26 PM
I stopped in to see a friend at work today who had been on sabattical for a month and has been buried since he got back last week, so I hadn't seen him for 6-7 weeks. The first words out of his mouth were "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight!" It was really sweet because he's the first guy friend to mention it.

So enjoy the compliments, Sunshine. Compliments are nice!