Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-27-2011, 04:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/148/135

Height: 5'8"

Default Going through a rough patch?

Hello all! I started my diet on Sept. 1 and it's almost Nov. 1...since then I've gone from 40" hips to 38" hips...provided I'm 5'8" and for the past 2 weeks I've been going through a rough patch.

Normally I eat 1200cals a day and workout occasionally but not too much. It started with a bad day and I've struggled greatly to get back on the routine. I can go 2 days and then BAM. I've been keeping track of my calories though and according to them I have regained back 2lbs. My goal is 37" hips by the new year.

Its just been tough because when I know I've failed and been weak and it just makes me not want to even go out in public...like why show off my failure?

This in turn makes me depressed and want to eat more! skfhslkfa haha! I guess I'm just needing some advice/encouragement.

Going to the gym in an hour or so...today is a new day. Trying once again to board the diet wagon! *sigh*
AmandaNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #2  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

What is the "BAM"? - that is, what actually is happening when you go off plan? Can you address that particular behavior or situation and stop it?

A few weeks ago I fell into a bad pattern with candy. It started when I got a little sick, and my usual level of resistance to this ever-present temptation dropped. I gave in and ate a bunch of candy corn. Then after I got the taste in my mouth, it got really hard to get back on plan - I bought and ate more of it over the next several days. After 4 or 5 days of this, I thought "okay this just has to stop." I recommitted myself to strict calorie counting for the time being, and I just REFUSED to buy the candy. It was tough for a day or two but eventually the urge to buy it subsided and I fell back into my normal routine.

So, I suggest taking a look at what precisely is driving you off plan, and try to focus your energies on eliminating that behavior.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote