Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 01:01 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/27/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 10-27-2011, 01:39 AM   #2  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Just wanted to say that I am again back on track! Yay! And the great feeling is back again - Good luck to all of you and have a happy Thursday IPeers
Old 10-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #3  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

Smile

Good Morning To All,

Tried WF mayo again in tuna salad last night and what a improvement in taste when a added some red pepper and let it chill for a couple of hours - I truly enjoyed... In week three now and feeling great. Wow has my blood pressure dropped use to run in range of 140's/90's now 120's/70's this is amazing.. Hope everyone has great IP day and thanks for all kind words of encouragement
Old 10-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Good Morning all. I Am super excited today as I broke past 150 finally and this morning I was 149! I have been bouncing around 150 for awhile now since I phased off for my hubby's leave and was maintaining when he was home. I'm so excited to see the numbers going down again!

*going to change her ticker now!*
Old 10-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 159.8/142.2/135

Height: 5ft 2

Just wanted to say,I had my final WI yesterday,today is my 49th BDay I can finally say I am right at my healthy B M I ,haven't been there since my teens.
So thankful for IP for giving me my life back and for all of you and your support through my journey on this plan,♥ you all.

I went out of town for the first time in 2 months,my kids,parents,friends whom I had not seen in a while were in total shock (in a good way of course)!!Also,took 35 pair of jeans/dress pants,50 tops,etc. with me to give away,went from a size 24/26 to a big size 6.

Again, Thank-you each and every one for you support!!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenasg1 View Post
Just wanted to say,I had my final WI yesterday,today is my 49th BDay I can finally say I am right at my healthy B M I ,haven't been there since my teens.
So thankful for IP for giving me my life back and for all of you and your support through my journey on this plan,♥ you all.

I went out of town for the first time in 2 months,my kids,parents,friends whom I had not seen in a while were in total shock (in a good way of course)!!Also,took 35 pair of jeans/dress pants,50 tops,etc. with me to give away,went from a size 24/26 to a big size 6.

♫♫HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!♫♫ What a wonderful birthday for you, and to give away all those large size clothes and then run around in a size 6 had to be an amazing feeling. WOOHOO!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Sheenasg1 - Today is my birthday as well! Happy Birthday twins!

Today is also my WI day so I'm anxious for that. The scale at home shows a number I haven't seen in over 3 years so that was a nice b-day gift to myself!

My fiance WI'd this morning (#4) and is down another 5 pounds! That puts him at 25.5. So so happy for him but I'm a little annoyed because he made the decision to CHEAT this week! He had a small piece of cake on Sat night and a little bit of sloppy joe at our shower on Sunday. Grrr - I have no desire or temptation to cheat but Lord knows if I did, that scale wouldn't have budged or would have gone up! Men. LOL

Hope everyone has an amazing day!

Last edited by misswinter; 10-27-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #8  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHEENA! What fun to give away all of those clothes and surprise your family! Size 6 is excellent!

Jonsgurl. Congratulations on breaking the 50s and seeing the numbers going down again.

Endless Dieter: My BP went down also. My coach said after you lose 15 or 20 pounds you might check with your dr to see if you need to lower the dose. That is a good idea about chilling the mayo, pepper and tuna.

Forever Young..I am glad you are back on track. It does feel good to be on IP! My energy is much higher. I am in WA also..and it is cold!

I am out of lettuce! I must do a mad dash to the store so I will have some for lunch. Fortunately I don't eat it for breakfast..LOL.

HAPPY BD MISS WINTER! Hope you have a good WI today. These males do seem to lose faster. How fun that your fiancee is doing IP also.

Last edited by Maile; 10-27-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #9  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Happy Birthday sheenasg1 and congratulations on a great journey to a healthier life. You are an inspiration.

Congratulations to others for there loss.

MissWinter - I feel your frustration. My husband is also on the plan and in two weeks he is down over 10#. I am down 3-6#. Men just have more muscle mass I guess and burn faster.
But don't let it get you down. We are all here for you too (as I know your fiance is) and we are all losing at different intervals. It is your journey so try not to get discouraged. You are doing a great job. Keep it up.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

WOW, congratulations and Happy Birthday.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #11  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHEENA! What fun to give away all of those clothes and surprise your family! Size 6 is excellent!

Jonsgurl. Congratulations on breaking the 50s and seeing the numbers going down again.

Endless Dieter: My BP went down also. My coach said after you lose 15 or 20 pounds you might check with your dr to see if you need to lower the dose. That is a good idea about chilling the mayo, pepper and tuna.

Forever Young..I am glad you are back on track. It does feel good to be on IP! My energy is much higher. I am in WA also..and it is cold!

I am out of lettuce! I must do a mad dash to the store so I will have some for lunch. Fortunately I don't eat it for breakfast..LOL.

HAPPY BD MISS WINTER! Hope you have a good WI today. These males do seem to lose faster. How fun that your fiancee is doing IP also.

I also had added celery ,lots of chopped onion and salt but I am sure the red pepper and chilling did the trick...
Old 10-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Happy Birthdays! Men DO lose faster - it's a fact of life. At least we'll never get prostate cancer Just back from Scotland where I piled on 9 pounds and didn't go anywhere near as overboard as the husband, who only gained 4. Glad to be back OP, only been two days and feel so much better for it. Not that I would have missed all the wonderful tastes of Scotland, but glad to be home and back to the salads!!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #13  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsgurl0531 View Post
Good Morning all. I Am super excited today as I broke past 150 finally and this morning I was 149!
Congratulations!

Quote:
Just wanted to say,I had my final WI yesterday,today is my 49th BDay
Hope you have a wonderful on plan birthday!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 231.6/ticker/150

Height: 5"5

Good morning, all.
You guys are so inspirational. When I get frustrated or tempted, I go to the forum and read, so THANK YOU!
Congrats on progress you guys are making. Happy B-day to sheenasg1-what a gift for yourself!
Had my WI#3 today, and down 4.8lbs. Woohoooo! Maybe I can give a gift of my goal weight for my B-day(it's in June, so totally doable)
Old 10-27-2011, 09:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Depressing WI yesterday. I went down 1 lb (notice I didn't say "only"), however this was after a 4 day conference where I behaved - no alcohol, desserts, breads.... nothing!

So what happened? Perhaps I didn't get in as much of the water and I know I didn't get in all my veggies and perhaps too many baby tomatoes as the veggie selection was only cucumbers and tomatoes. But with those results I feel like I deprived myself for nothing

Anyhow, my coach last night told me the 1-2 tsp of oil is on top of what you use to cook - therefore if she is correct I haven't been doing that at all and it is week 7. I really wish we things were spelled out clearly so it wouldn't take so damn long to get the right information.

Does everyone agree that I need extra oil, I would hate to be given the wrong info yet again. If this is correct how do you get that oil into your diet?
Closed Thread