Chicks up for a Challenge - Sarge's No Excuses and No Whining Bootcamp #18 - Under New Management

peanutt
10-26-2011, 07:53 PM
http://www.getfitguelph.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/bootcamp-legs-and-pushup.jpg

This platoon is a group who gives 110% every day to achieving their weight loss goal. This platoon was formed by Sarge JayTee in March 2011. The motivation, challenges and support of the platoon have pushed many members to achieve their goal weights and start living and loving life.

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your "BUTT-er" (that's a salute to Private MadamGooey).

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. The platoon and Sarge are always watching!

--Please join if you want the platoon to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get if you don't meet your goal each week!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition," THIS IS YOUR LIFE YOU'RE FIGHTING FOR!

--Please join if you’re interested in being surrounded by success stories who will inspire you to find your own “inner Sarge” to kick your BUTT-er!

--DON'T join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--DON'T join if you're a daily scale watcher or only looking for company to share details about your daily life, pets, cra*py job, and other pity-party themes.

--DON'T join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--DON'T join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--DON'T join if you want to discuss anything other than getting this freaking weight off! Sarge is type A personality. Excuses and reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed! There are many other threads on 3FC that offer loads of "soft" support and make you feel it's ok to slack on your weight loss efforts. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE THREADS!

RULES:
IT'S EASY! Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday by posting a pledge to lose a certain number of pounds the following week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

Newbie posts should look like this: Hi Sarge, I'm new! I promise to lose ___ pounds next week!

ALL ARE WELCOME (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

NEW SPREADSHEET LINK - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsNtLUURW3tMdGZsc1UyR1pGdzRMRDczajVTNkhMd 3c

SPREADSHEET SUBMISSION FORM - Use this link to simply submit your weekly stats. Great for newbies to contribute to the pledge board while waiting to be added to the main sheet! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGZsc1UyR1pGdzRMRDczajVTNkhMd3c6M Q

**Experienced Platoon Members! Make sure you're using the new spreadsheet please!

Play Fitocracy against others in the platoon at: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/674/

PLATOON NUTRITION:

PEANUTT'S FREQUENTLY REQUESTED FOOD IN YOUR FURNACE ANALOGY: http://pamisaloser.wordpress.com/2011/07/27/updated-eating-more-to-weigh-less/

RIESTRELLA’S GUIDE TO WORKOUT NUTRITION: http://fitbodyhype.com/nutrition/ult...n-infographic/

MadamB's NUTRITION DATA LINK: http://nutritiondata.self.com/

Disclaimer: We are not doctors, nutritionists, or personal trainers with any sort of real medical knowledge.

peanutt
10-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Pledge board for the week of October 23-29:
budget - 1
ennay - 0.4
envelope - 0.4
fitgirly - 1
iron - 1
jeanettey - 1
josey - 1
joyful - 1
K3 - 1
katelee - 1
kayla - 3
kitkat-earl - 1
munchey - 1
pacsun - 2
peanutt - 0.4
rainbow - 2
rated - 1
riestrella - 1
ruby - 1
sarati - 0.5
sindaena - 1
solarplant - 1
sumner - 1
tate - 1

TOTAL PLEDGED LOSSES = 24.7 lbs

Maintainers/Coffee Break:
Sarge
Ksquared
GooeyGhost?
pokey
thinsole
chickadee

You've set your goal, NOW MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

josey
10-26-2011, 08:18 PM
Great new thread title Peanutt!! ;-)

re Biggest Loser % on wikipedia... HOLY!!! I had no idea! Amazing how they keep stats. Thanks for the tip (would have never checked the might W!)

ennay
10-26-2011, 08:22 PM
OH.....yeah Pokey, wikipedia

I say regardless of how many there are this week if anyone falls below the lowest BL % they are out. You cant be saved!

This is a nutritionally disastrous week for the country....the introduction of both the Bacon Cheddar bowl and the return of the McRib in one commercial segment of the show I was watching while canning made me shudder.

JayTee
10-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Just popping on to say "NEW MANAGEMENT" is AWESOME and so is every platoon member who keeps moving forward day after day toward their weight loss goals!!!

envelope
10-26-2011, 10:55 PM
12 Burpees done!

I am also on target for my my on plan days 'till Thanksgiving.

Resolute
10-26-2011, 11:34 PM
If i could be allowed to stay on the spreadsheet i would like that, i know i haven't been much for support lately but i look to change that as the weather cools and i need more accountability to stay on plan.

Not to mention i bought a new scale to retire my tired old one and somehow gained 5 pounds in the transition...bleh, time to get back up on this horse, i'm 194 as of todays weight, so i think it might be a good idea to up my game.

Also i would like to offer my heartfelt admiraton to you MadamB, i see you have hit your goal, not that i ever had any doubts, you are one tough cookie, i'm truly happy for you, you worked your butter off. :D

I have to say i really love this iPhone, all the apps :dizzy:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7961/clip0001c.jpg

ennay
10-26-2011, 11:41 PM
DS had a soccer party tonight and since our team sold the most sodium sticks (pepperoni) we got free pizza. I ate the watery lettuce salad bar and cottage cheese. Yay me! I dont normally eat much dairy but it was pretty much my only protein option tonight.

Ksquared
10-27-2011, 01:48 AM
running outside is SO much harder then running on a treadmill! I can do 3 miles in 45 minutes with moderate difficulty. However, jogging 2 miles on the dirt road with my friend is brutal. I got the first leg done with 2 - 1-2 minute walking moments. The last leg failed hard core, I made it about 1/4 of the way back before I had to walk, I simply couldn't breathe. My Chest was killing me. I can only imagine is was the cold air that I am not used to.. I don't know. all I know is it died.

However, before Sarges eyes bleed, the silver lining is this is the third time I have run with my friend and each time I improve. The first time I could barely jog.. the second time I jogged but had to stop and walk several times. Today, the third time I only stopped once. So I can't wait until the 5th time when I can make it both ways without stopping.

On plan today..BTW.. does having an ice cold bottle of water poured on you while you are cooking count as drinking one? No? I didn't think so either, it was worth a try.

Either way, I gave everything the ol college try today. Go me.

ennay
10-27-2011, 02:06 AM
K2 - most people do find outside harder at first but you will adjust. My guess is you were going faster than you think and that you are used to and burning out.

Next time you go outside, go by yourself (so you have 100% control of the pace) and slow down until you feel like you are breathing the same way you breath while running on the treadmill even if you feel that you are just barely slogging. Just get used to using your own body as feedback. Your gait outside will be slightly different than your gait inside because of the belt movement so you have to adjust to that. In the meantime, if you would like outdoor running to someday be a regular part of your life, try doing your treadmill runs at a 1-2% incline instead of flat. This more closely approximates the angles of the legs and the stride length you experience on a non moving surface.

MTA: and what the heck - I survive pizza assault only to have dh bring home 5guys. Which is why I am up here hiding from the aroma with my mug of protein powder.

chickadee32
10-27-2011, 02:19 AM
Day 3/30 cheat free, and Jeanettey challenge complete! The Jeanettey challenge was the only deliberate exercise I accomplished today, but according to the BodyBugg I still burned close to 2500 calories today with the addition of walking to and from dinner and attending a political rally tonight with my husband. The Bugg seems pretty useful (thank you again for the advice and info, pokey!), as it's really helpful to see what I'm burning on a daily basis and be able to adjust my calorie intake accordingly. I've averaged a 1500 calorie deficit/day over the last three days, so I'm pretty happy with how things are going. That's as far as I want to push my average deficit though; more than that and I think I'd be risking undereating for my activity level at my current weight.

K2: Keep going!! You're exactly right about the improvements you'll see in time, and you're doing it the right way. Starting slow and improving incrementally is exactly what you should be going for, in my opinion. I am proud of you for continuing to push!

Edit: And though I've only recently gotten some experience with running, I second what ennay said about you probably going faster outside than you do on the treadmill. I can run 4 miles continuously on the treadmill and still have energy left over, but my 5K on Saturday seriously kicked my @ss - largely because according to my time I ran it at 5.1 mph, and when I do the longer (3-4 mile) runs on the treadmill I'm jogging at 4.5 mph. And then there were the hills. The entire freaking route was hills. So yes - between a faster pace and the variations in the terrain and incline, the outdoor runs will be tougher! If your watch has a stopwatch function, you could try using that on your outdoor runs to keep your pace similar to your treadmill runs.

Reso: I hope you'll stick around no matter what; we're here to support you too, not just accept the support and encouragement you give! And I wouldn't worry a bit about the 5 lb difference on the new scale; any two scales will give a difference reading, and the difference (or lack of, if you're maintaining) from week to week is ultimately what we're working for, not a specific number.

peanutt: THANKS on the note about wikipedia. I'm always wondering that too after BL.

Ksquared
10-27-2011, 02:34 AM
Ennay,

That was my thought too. That I was jogging much faster then I am used to on the treadmill. I did slow down to the point where I could breathe a little easier and felt like I could keep the pace. Which is how I made it through the first leg, by the time we got to the turn around point I was done.

That being said, my friend is six foot four and I am five foot two.. I take like 4 steps to his long lengthy stride, I am always lagging behind him when we are just walking as well.

Of course I felt miserable, because not only did I ruin my own work out, I ruined his too. which he says I did not, because we were at least outside walking and not sitting on the couch vegging in front of the tv. So he got me there.

I will take your advice though and add a bit of an incline to my jogs to help me out.

Now any advice on the incredible dry mouth I get when I run?

Ksquared
10-27-2011, 02:40 AM
Chick,

Thank you. :) And since I couldn't run that last leg, I clenched my cheeks together while I was walking and tried to make that at least as challenging as I could. In the end I spent some quality time with a friend, got to talk out some stress and frustration to a guy who does actually understand me and know that i don't want the problem solved, I want it heard. I got some activity in, heart rate up and produced a sweat, so the work out was successful for the most part.

I had too much on my mind, I fizzled out and was going to fast, half the problem in anything is knowing.. and now I know and I can take steps to correct what happened and next time we run, I will blow him away.

ennay
10-27-2011, 10:27 AM
K2 it is hard to run with other people that are a radically different pace than you. The first step is to own where you are and not apologize for it, but even after all these years when I am with people who are way faster than me I speed up too much. Which is why at least a couple days a week I avoid it. But also take him at his word that you are not responsible for his workout. He knows the deal. If he wants a harder workout he'll do it on his own. Company is one of the running outdoor rewards and most runners will run slower to have company sometimes. I have a friend who is a 2:30 marathoner and he'll run with anyone.

josey
10-27-2011, 10:29 AM
@Reso - you bet. You are one of the VIPs here after all. Nice chart by the way, I think I should look into imapmyrun after all. I got it installed on the iphone but used runkeeper so far. Do you use an app for calorie counting?
I sooo love my iphone. Nothing new here but the new one is even more fun! :-)
/geek

K3LL3Y
10-27-2011, 11:19 AM
New thread and new Management. Nice Job Peanutt!

Ksquared
10-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Ennay,

You are right, he knows I am a slow runner/jogger and he is right as well. IWe were at least outside getting some activity! That right there is important in it's self. After we got back I made some breakfast and he weight lifted while I cooked, so he got some more work out.

I had a icky day yesterday and I am having a grumpy day today..all I want to do is go down to work and get a big ol chicken basket (2000 calories) and a coke and sit here and watch movies. But I won't, I will instead have some tuna fish or shrimp or something.

solarplant
10-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Jumping in on the running discussion too!

I never realized how much faster I was going on my own outside until I used Map My Run app on my android phone. I am definitely going to use it on Saturday for my 10k to make sure I force myself to go at 4.5 MPH. Ahh.

Ah today I am h-u-n-g-r-y. I will soon go find some protein for lunch.

This morning I went to rowing class and it was intense. I have improved my rowing form a bit too which is cool. I only go to rowing once a month because it's at 8 am which sometimes is a bit late. Then I ran a quick 1 mile afterwards just to increase my calories burned.

Also it's Thursday and Thursdays are good days!

PacSunMama
10-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Yeah I'll be starting that 31-day challenge over again today. I thought I'd be forgotten (and thus, safe) on my birthday. Well I was showered with attention. And delicious food. It wasn't bad, I didn't go horribly overboard and out of the 12 gourmet cupcakes brought to me, I had only 1. But I didn't meet my cheat-free requirements so I'll just start today and trail a couple days behind. I did fine on Tuesday though.

We FINALLY move into our house tomorrow. Hopefully our two household goods shipments aren't far behind and will be here soon. I'm really excited to not be a nomad anymore-normalcy sounds fun.

That said, yesterday it was almost 90 degrees. Today is is almost 40. And tomorrow it should be around 75-80. ???? TEXAS?!

Resolute
10-27-2011, 06:34 PM
@Reso - you bet. You are one of the VIPs here after all. Nice chart by the way, I think I should look into imapmyrun after all. I got it installed on the iphone but used runkeeper so far. Do you use an app for calorie counting?
I sooo love my iphone. Nothing new here but the new one is even more fun! :-)
/geek

Actually imap my run includes nutritional information like calorie counting, i haven't bothered to use it as i've been trying to transition to a more relaxed logging just in my head. But yeah i really love some of these apps, so useful. :D

I installed air video on my phone and now my entire library of tv shows and movies i can stream to my phone from my server at home...just nuts..

pokeycactus
10-27-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm with GooeyGhost in the coffeebreak/maintainers category...even though I'm losing weight at an okay pace now, I don't feel like making a pledge would be the healthiest thing for me mentally. Oh, how those mental demons can get to us... :)

Chick - Glad to see the Bugg working out for you!!! I love love love mine, even after a few months, I still use it every day to just see how I'm doing and to keep me honest.

Reso - Nice to see you again. :)

Peanutt - Thanks for taking over leadership!!! :)

JoyfulVegGirl
10-27-2011, 09:38 PM
ennay, no, I've never done the ORRC series but I've wanted to. I'm actually moving to Corvallis next year around April (yuck), but I'm going to try to to drive up for a race at least once a month. I was planning on joining the ORRC anyway. I'll check it out.

Jeanettey, got in your challenge yesterday! I might try to get in another round this weekend, but no promises.

K2, yup, I'm with ennay. When I run with my roommate we start out at my pace but gradually shift to hers (i.e. faster). Now I just know it's going to happen so I use those runs as my faster runs or "speedwork". Running with others is always fun, as long as no one is dying from the pace. Also, gum helps me with a dry mouth.

solarplant, if I don't check in before Saturday then good luck on your 10k. For the last mile just imagine Sarge behind you yelling PICK IT UP.

I am currently sitting in the airport getting weird looks because I'm eating kale and apple chips I made myself from fresh kale and... apples. Going home for my niece's birthday party this weekend. Just a short trip, and I'll be back Sunday because I have class all day on Monday. I was going to just WI on my home scale Sunday when I get back, but I changed my mind. Just in case and also because I don't want to WI immediately after flying I'll go ahead and record my weight now. I'm only down .5 as of today, but I'm sure I've lost more than that this week. Hopefully it's enough to keep me in Black Ops. Also, I finally lost a pants size over the past 2 weeks. SO excited about that, and I'm sure it's a direct result of adding leg training back in.

My goals this weekend are to get my burpees in, get in at least one run, and stay within my myfitnesspal limits.

So, official WI: Lost .5/ pledge .5/ Trekked only 17.5

I'm a bit confused on the spreadsheet. Do we use the same one to track or is the link changing? Sorry, should probably go back and read more carefully.

Thinsole
10-27-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm with Pokey and the GooeyGhost on the coffee break this week. Still working out and counting calories just with less internet time.

Resolute- I have iphone envy. Drools over the 4s.

Peanutt- Lovin the new management.

PacSun- Good luck with moving into the new house. And yes, weather is like that in Texas, muahahahah!

Ksquared- When I first switched from inside on a track to outside I thought it wouldn't be a big deal but I was a lot slower outside. I think it was a combination of not having my usual pace markers and having to avoid obstacles (low branch, pothole etc). I've run outside on and off for a couple weeks now and have gotten a lot better.

solarplant- Good luck on your 10K!

josey
10-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Actually imap my run includes nutritional information like calorie counting, i haven't bothered to use it as i've been trying to transition to a more relaxed logging just in my head. But yeah i really love some of these apps, so useful. :D

I installed air video on my phone and now my entire library of tv shows and movies i can stream to my phone from my server at home...just nuts..

I tried the nutrition part of imap but it is super slow. Too bad because the charts look good.

Air video is awesome! After over two years with an iPhone I am still stunned what it can do.

josey
10-27-2011, 10:33 PM
@joyful & everybody - the old spreadsheet is still online and can be used. On Saturday afternoon I will copy the old sheet and make the necessary changes. During that time please do not post to the spreadsheet. I will post before I start so everybody knows when to stop using it. I will let you know as soon as the new one is up, what changes there are and how it works.

So far I have the following members for the spreadsheet:
Budget, Chick, Ennay, Envelope, FitGirl, Jeanettey, Josey, Joyful, K3, Ksquared, MadamB, PacSunMama, Peanutt, Pokey, Rainbow, Rated, Reso, Sarge, Sindaena, SolarPlant, Tate, Thinsole

Edit: There will be a new link for the spreadsheet. I will post the link and Peanutt will update the first post to include the link too.

josey
10-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Something else: I have had it with fitocracy. It is just annoying how buggy the system is. I know it's still beta but it just doesn't work.
I will try fleetly now. It looks way better and has an iPhone app. Is somebody on there?

Jeanettey
10-27-2011, 11:59 PM
Jeanettey's mid-week challenge

The Halloween workout

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Holidays/hall9.gif Completed by Chickadee and Joyful

ennay
10-28-2011, 12:15 AM
That said, yesterday it was almost 90 degrees. Today is is almost 40. And tomorrow it should be around 75-80. ???? TEXAS?!

I lived in Austin for 4 years. I have clear memories of playing tennis on New Years Day. It was 91

But yes the weather can change rapidly there. When you can FEEL the temperature dropping like you just stepped into a refrigerator.

Ksquared
10-28-2011, 02:53 AM
Alright, tonight I stepped it up to a 2% incline and dropped my speed to 3mph just to see how I felt. I put it back to 3.5 the last five minutes. I am pretty sure my rear end got a work out. It hurts pretty good right now!

I might go jogging with my friend tomorrow morning. I do need to get outside more and I think now is the perfect time. It's cool, crisp fall air with the threat of snow hanging in the air. My favorite time of the year.

On plan again today. Oh and it was ice delivery day today and this morning I dug a small irrigation ditch to drain a big ol puddle out of the parking lot at the ice plant. Lot of physical labor today.

Haven't weighed myself.. almost getting time to do the big weigh in at the end of the month. Crossing my fingers something is happening in the scale department.

Tonight my friend and I browsed through some photos of me before I met him April 2010 and some through out the year. The difference is astounding. He asked me how I felt about it and if I felt like I was done, or if I should keep going. The question was hard for me, How do I feel? How do I tell him "No I am not done.. I have 40 more pounds left to go until I can rock a bikini that is going to make your jaw hit the floor" I didn't, I dodged the question a little and told him that is has been a wild year and so much has changed and that I didn't know how it got so out of control. I later texted him and told him no I wasn't done, I still had 40 pounds I want off me.

I slip now and again, I have bad days, I have grouchy days, I have happy days. Today was a supremely grouchy day and even though I was incredibly grouchy, I was so touched and felt so loved that even though I was ribbing him hard and a little sensitive and crabby, he still wanted to spend the day with me.

So I feel good tonight. Thanks to my BFF.

ironlovehandles
10-28-2011, 08:26 AM
So, tell me about this burpee challenge that everyone keeps talking about.

peanutt
10-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Reso - You'd better stick around! Love that calendar. Steady, consistent effort as always!

PacSun - Hope the move goes well! Think of all the calories burned lugging boxes and furniture!

pokey - Sorry I missed you! I've added you to the maintainers/coffee break category.

Joyful - I've been meaning to make kale chips and apple chips. How do you make yours?

Thinsole - Added you to the board!

josey - I've quit using Fitocracy too. Even with the changes they made not too long ago, I still found tracking fairly tedious for anything other than the Runkeeper data which is automatically synced. Let us know what you think of fleetly! I've never checked it out.

iron - We're working on doing burpees everday for 100 days. We started a couple of weeks ago doing 1 burpee on the first day, 2 burpees on the second....today should be 15 burpees. By day 100, we'll do 100 burpees!

K3LL3Y
10-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Hey ironlovehandles! Peanutt put forth a 100 day burpee challenge last week. Each day we add one more burpee to the set,(ei: day 1=1; day 14=14 )

Here's a link to how to do a burpee.click here (http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Perform-Burpees-Exercise-121354519 )

The whole thing started on 10/13 so we are still early on in the trek, feel free to jump in today and start off with 15 :D

Edit: Of course Peanutt beat me to it <3

chickadee32
10-28-2011, 12:53 PM
pokey - Sorry I missed you! I've added you to the maintainers/coffee break category.

Please add me to the same category as well. I am actively working on losing and am participating in other challenges here (BlackOps, cheat free), but I am not making pledges right now for a reason similar to pokey's. Thank you.

josey
10-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Fitocracy vs Fleetly comments:

Fleetly looks good so far. Way less points but they also show you different fitness levels you can aim for (lean, toned, strong, pumped). Sounds more like a tool to get you where you want to be with some social features (challenges, friends network etc). They have medals for different milestones and leaderboard like Fitocracy but they are more geared towards your preferences.

Fitocracy in my opinion is competition against eachother by points only, no relation to real physical fitness. It also doesn't show you any progress on your fitness.

Fleetly has one really, really cool awesome feature that makes total sense to me: Your points are dropping when you are inactive!! That is sure motivating and keeps you going! Really love that idea!

One thing that really bugged me on Fitocracy was that you can save a routine but only use ONE per day, not two, three, etc. Seems like on Fleetly you can use whatever you want and log several times throughout the day. You can set up the routines and they remember what kind of reps, sets you use most. And you can share routines (e.g. saw somebody was sharing the 30 Shred levels etc.). YAY for that! They also have a really nifty app for the iphone.

I just started using it though I can't say much about the friends features. Anybody interested in signing up and adding me as a friend? You can check it out on fleetly.com

Edit: Fleetly also has lots of suggestions and pre-set workouts to try out. I love the categories: travel, quick, beginner, advanced, different sports (e.g. for hockey players etc.) and body areas.

Thinsole
10-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Josey- I agree with your explanation of fitocracy. In the beginning the points and quests were a really good motivator for me. But now that I'm not such a newbie to fitness I'm starting to see that the points system is a little arbitrary sometimes. It definitely doesn't help me track my actual level of fitness.

Fleetly sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.

ennay
10-28-2011, 04:43 PM
One thing that really bugged me on Fitocracy was that you can save a routine but only use ONE per day, not two, three, etc.

I use multiple routines in a day all the time on Fitocracy.

I might check out fleetly, fitocracy was interesting at first because of the quests but without quests and without the ability to see old workouts it has very little value to me. If I cant see a history, what is the point?

FitGirlyGirl
10-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Wow - Get sick for a week or so and look what all happens, new threads, new managements, new fitness tracking websites, oh my! Ok, everyone try your very best to never have shingles because that sucked a lot and I didn't even have it very bad since I caught it extremely early. I'm back with a vengeance now though. I did my normal gym routine today plus 30 minutes of spin class. Since it is directly after I have done an hour long weights class and an hour of zumba I will have to work up to the full hour. I'm also starting the 100 burpee challenge over since I was certainly not doing burpees while I had jolts of pain going through my nerves. Today is now day 1 for me and is complete.

ruby5839
10-28-2011, 07:37 PM
I'd like to be added to the spreadsheet please!

Yikes, I'm having some serious energy issues now that winter's practically here. I hate that it's dark by 6pm. And cold! All I want to do is snuggle up on the couch with a blanket when I get home from work, not head back out to the gym. I think it's time to dust off the fitness dvds!

chickadee32
10-29-2011, 01:29 AM
Yikes, I'm having some serious energy issues now that winter's practically here. I hate that it's dark by 6pm. And cold! All I want to do is snuggle up on the couch with a blanket when I get home from work, not head back out to the gym. I think it's time to dust off the fitness dvds!

ruby, I am SO with you. I've felt that exact same way this week. Normally I look forward to the gym, but I had to drag myself there the last two nights. Blech.

Edit: ruby, maybe think about joining the monthly exercise challenge in this forum for November (October thread is here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/244256-october-exercise-challenge.html) if setting goals is helpful for you. The only thing that's been getting me to the gym this week is that if I don't go every day through the end of the month I won't meet my monthly exercise goal, and I HATE not meeting a goal I've set. Whatever works, right?

Cheat free challenge is going well; day 5/30 complete.

envelope
10-29-2011, 08:10 AM
Just woke up and looked outside and it is SNOWING. The kids and I are going trick or treating at the zoo today. At least I will get in some extra steps today, and maybe the cold will help me burn off a few extra calories trying to stay warm. :)

josey
10-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Good morning peeps! I am up and ready to wrestle the spreadsheet today :-)
You have 5 more hours (until 2pm EST) to log in the existing (old) one and also let me know (if you haven't already) if you want to stay on the sheet.

I will post when I start working on the sheet i.e. when you shouldn't access the old one anymore.

I will let you know when I am done with the changes, post the link to the new sheet and explain what changes.

If somebody misses the deadline and is dropped off the sheet, I think we will treat it as a new member sign on. I will post more information on how to get added to the sheet later on.

Any questions? comments?

Edit:
Here is the list so far again:
Budget
Chick
Ennay
Envelope
FitGirl
Jeanettey
Josey
Joyful
K3
Ksquared
MadamB
PacSunMama
Peanutt
Pokey
Rainbow
Rated
Reso
Ruby
Sarge
Sindaena
SolarPlant
Tate
Thinsole

Resolute
10-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Bleh, someone gave me the flu :mad:, i knew i had something coming on the last few days, yesterday was pretty rough but i surprised myself and pushed ahead through work, my walk, cleaning the entire house in the evening, good thing because it's pretty much full blown today and i'm not going to be the most energetic, but i still need to do my walk.

Weigh in yesterday i was into the 193,s... again... on the new scale so i'm making some headway once again.

Pokey : Thanks, :hug:, i hope to participate a little more again now that i'm actively working towards something, you almost feel like a fifth wheel when you can't contribute.

Thinsole: Yeah, i didn't know what i was missing without a smartphone, now that i have one it's my new favorite device. :D You should get one. :p

josey: It does seem rather sluggish, i tried to be a little slower and more deliberate and it worked better but still it would be nice if they updated the app and it smoothed out. Maybe if i upgraded to iMapmyrun + it would work better, costs 2.99 so not horrible cost ( one of the things i really like is apps seem so inexpensive ), i might try it if i get curious.

peanutt: Steady and consistent is how we make progress peanutt, :) can you tell what day i started to use the app ? LOL, anyways yeah i have a bad day now and again but i don't let it get to me, seems it takes a string of success or failure to make for large swings so if one can stay somewhat engaged you are going to at least maintain or stay darn close to it without much effort.

FitGirlyGirl: I'm sorry you just had shingles, i too had them, years ago now but i remember they were unpleasant for sure, glad you are feeling better.

chickadee32: Is it just me or does your weight just keep dropping ? ;) I know it can get gruelling don't lose sight of your goals, even though losses slow as you get closer, it can seem like nothing is happening but changes are still taking place just harder to recognize, stay strong. :hug: Weren't you going to post pictures ? Or am i remembering wrong ? :cool:

envelope: Brrrr, so sorry to hear of your early snow, hopefully it doesn't last, unless you like that sort of thing, supposed to rain here today but temps are hanging tough around 10C which is nice, would like to make it to december befroe any snow, just seems to make it so much colder.

josey
10-29-2011, 10:58 AM
josey: It does seem rather sluggish, i tried to be a little slower and more deliberate and it worked better but still it would be nice if they updated the app and it smoothed out. Maybe if i upgraded to iMapmyrun + it would work better, costs 2.99 so not horrible cost ( one of the things i really like is apps seem so inexpensive ), i might try it if i get curious.

Reso, first of all :hug: get well soon!!! Don't pay for the + version yet! I have the + version (they had it on for free a while ago) and is the same sluggish thing. I would wait until the non+ works better and then upgrade. Also, I find that lots and lots of workout apps get really cheaper or even go free over Christmas and January. I think it is kind of a season for those apps and they usual have deals then. I can definitely post here when something interesting comes up for free!

PacSunMama
10-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Hope you feel better soon Reso!

I'm excited about stepping on the scale tomorrow. It has been a very good week, even with my little cheats on Wednesday, and I've been rocking the no-cheat challenge since then. I don't think I'm going to use fitocracy anymore though. I don't think it's very accurate for me right now. I get a few points for what is a HUGE challenge to me and I'd rather focus on the positives- like the fact that I'm actually out there doing it! I haven't run again since the last time, but I am going to tonight. I have, however, been walking. I guess you really need to take it easy when transitioning to these shoes, and I have felt the repercussions of that run all week long! I've been walking every single day though, with my 23-pound chubby baby on my back. There is a fitness trainer on base who is going to start a 2 day/week program with an hour for the gym, an hour for walkers, and an hour for runners, as well as a one day/weekend long run for people (like me!) training for distance races! I'm VERY excited, she is offering to do this for FREE for military spouses on base. It's incredible, really!

21 weeks till the half marathon! One more week of breaking in my shoes, and then I start the 20-week program! I might buy some sneakers so I can supplement my running- breaking in these shoes, with them as my only option, has meant extremely low mileage, and lots of walking.

josey
10-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Ok, guys, I am going to start working on the spreadsheet now.

Please do not edit the old spreadsheet any longer. Any changes will be lost!

I will let you know as soon as the new spreadsheet is available.

Sarati
10-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm back and finished making costumes for this halloween season.
I would like to be added to the new spread sheet.
I'm still Black Ops Boot Campin with everyone.

I am going to check out fleetly. I loved fitocracy at first but I don't like relogging long workouts either. Entering all the data for 30DS once or twice is enough!

~Paula

josey
10-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Ok guys, here is the new spreadsheet link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsNtLUURW3tMdGZsc1UyR1pGdzRMRDczajVTNkhMd 3c

Have a look around. There are a bunch of changes:

1. colours, just to make it easier to figure out that you are really in the new sheet and not editing the old one :-)

2. Platoon Total: The percentage changed. It now shows how well we are doing as a team in relation to what we pledged. e.g. 50 lbs pledged, 5 lbs weight lost, 10% of goal reached

3. Black Ops: Top row shows the % of the real BL contestant with the lowest percentage. That's what we measure against. I couldn't find this weeks yet but I think it was a gain. So as far as you don't gain, you are fine.
I also deleted all the people that didn't report back in the last week (Sarati, you unfortunately didn't report back either)

4. PledgeBoard and form: New feature to help Peanutt out a bit with the pledge board. (This is a trial, we will see how well it works I guess.) You can now follow this link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGZsc1UyR1pGdzRMRDczajVTNkhMd3c6M Q
It is a survey to ask your stats for the week. The information goes to the spreadsheet and creates a table that Peanutt can use to post the pledge board instead of manually collecting the information from the thread.
Unfortunately, it does not (yet?) update your tab on the spreadsheet.
If you made a mistake on the form, you can re-submit the whole form. If we see two (hopefully not more) entries from one person, the last submitted will count.

5. New members: Peanutt and I agreed that we need to see some commitment before we are going to add new members. It takes some time to create the sheet for a new member and we had quite a lot of members join and disappear after a week or two. Not cool :-(
So, to be added to the spreadsheet, we want to see at least two weeks of pledges, losses and posts before we will add new members. If you are interested, post here or PM me and I will put you on the list for new additions.
Everbody can use the form to report your stats every Sunday but do not add yourself to the sheet!

Phew, I think that's all. Now I need a cappuccino!
If you have any questions, comments or if something doesn't work, please let me know.

peanutt
10-29-2011, 05:33 PM
THANK YOU, JOSEY! You earned that cappuccino!

I've added the spreadsheet link and form link to the first post. Please update your bookmarks!

Thinsole
10-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Josey- you definitely earned that :coffee: Thanks for all your work. The new spot for weekly weigh in's looks awesome too!

peanutt
10-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Weighing in early this week.
Lost 0.8 lbs, pledging 0.6 lbs for next week. Trekked 8 miles.

Tried a new approach running on the treadmill this morning. Every time the song changed I changed the incline, alternating between 0.5, 1.0 and 1.5%. Then every minute I would increase speed by 0.1 km/h. I kept increasing like this until my heart rate was hovering around 88-90% of max. After slowing down for a couple of minutes to recover I then started doing a rotation of 1 minute at 6 mph, 30 sec at 7 mph and 30 sec at 8 mph. What an awesome workout. The time just flew by and I got a great sweat on. Will definitely do that again.

rainbowsmiles
10-29-2011, 07:59 PM
pledged 2
lost 1.8
pledge 1

Ksquared
10-30-2011, 03:37 AM
C25K Week 9, Day 1. I did it at 4 mph and at a 2% incline. Tucked in the tushy, the core and leaned into my stride. I am going to feel that tomorrow. I feel good though!

Had to eat at work today, but I made a healthy choice of Salad. YAY me!

envelope
10-30-2011, 09:54 AM
The new chart looks great. I filled out the form, will there be a new link to the form every week, or will it be the same link that I can book mark?

I had a great time at the zoo with the kids.

Pledged .4
Lost -1.4
New Pledge 0

josey
10-30-2011, 10:04 AM
@envelope - same link! Handy eh?

Yay! I had a great week. Shortened but intensified workouts worked great. I dropped about 100 minutes of workouts this week, was never sorer in my life but felt great (well, after the soreness was gone). I also dropped 1% in bodyfat :D Yeah!!!

How does the sheet and form work for everybody?

Edit: Ohhhhh and i am in the 160s now. Woooooooo

Thinsole
10-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Way to go Josey! Congrats on the 160s and the 1% loss! The sheet worked great for me btw. Thanks for making it up.

I had a ghost pledge pop up this week (since I didn't make time last week to pledge on Sunday) but I'll take it so...
Pledge: 1
Lost: 1.6
New Pledge: 1

I'm starting a 12 week challenge and it's my first team challenge so we'll see how it goes.

sumnerfan
10-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Well, my weight was down to 180.1 and I was so excited. Then this morning it is back up to 181.0. That's still a .2 loss, but I like the 1.1 much better. :( ~ That's a snarl, not a pout.

munchey
10-30-2011, 12:56 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/OCCASIONS/HALLOWEEN/haunt-1.gif
Just one pound this week, but I'll take it. Got to scoot to get in some walking in the park. I'll come back later to catch up on things.
______________ACTUALS____________________
my actuals for 10-23-11 thru 10-29-11 are:
Weight loss = 1 lb (Current Wt.195)
Walking = 26 miles

_________NEXT WEEK______________________
My goals for 10-30-11 thru 11-05-11 are:
Weight loss = 2 lbs.
Walking = 30 miles
3 DVD exercise sessions

Reflecting Back on the Week
I stayed up way too late on a couple of work nights. The result was a little more munching and a decline in my energy and activity.

More "XL" clothes are beginning to become very loose. The fit differs between bands, but I'm getting into more and more "LG" sizes in tops and pants - a good feeling. I can shop in my own closet or among my "some day" box of smaller clearance items that I bought for great price with the intent that I'll shrink into it.

Thinking forward to the New Week
Stronger focus on the basics. Get adequate sleep and sufficient exercise. Work in some DVD exercise sessions.

Jeanettey
10-30-2011, 01:20 PM
pledged 1 / lost 1.5 / pledge 2

Cheat free challenge - 6 days on plan http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Holidays/hall8.gif

chickadee32
10-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Lost: 1.3 lbs
Trekked: 26.7 miles
Cheat-free: 6 days

Jeanettey
10-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Cheat free challenge ladies

Please add to your weigh in post how many cheat free days you have accomplished.

Like this please, so I can see it easily.

pledged 1 / lost 1.5 / pledge 2 ........ 6 cheat free days

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/tempted.gif Cheat Free Challenge ladies http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/tempted.gif
................Oct 30th..Nov 6th..Nov 13th..Nov 22nd

Jeanettey....6 days.....http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/buns.gif
Chickadee...6 days.....http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/buns.gif
Envelope...
Ksquared.....6 days....http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/buns.gif
Cheshire....
Pacsun......
Celrae.......

No cheating!!! Jeanettey's watching...http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/watchingyou.gif

Resolute
10-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Good morning everyone, flu's suck but i'm pushing forward with life regardless of the available excuses, did my walk yesterday, definitely not so energized but i still dug deep and made it happen will do so again today :p

Went to the hockey game last night and drank to much, nothing new there, still i hardly ate much yesterday so it evens out i guess, weight is trending down slowly again for me, not to worried about speed right now, just vanity / maintenance pounds, still progress is progress and i'm happy about that.

Oh yeah we won. :carrot: 3 to 2.

Thanks for doing all the hard work on the spreadsheet josey.

chickadee32
10-30-2011, 02:09 PM
I've been sitting at 173.7 all week, and then the scale jumped up to 175.7 this morning. I am reporting today's actual weight so that I hopefully don't have to stress about a gain next week if my body doesn't drop the water. Thanks to the BodyBugg I know with certainty that I am creating a sizeable calorie deficit (8030 over the past 6 days), so at least I know that there is nothing more I can do to effect change; I have been digging as deep as I can mentally to continue giving 100% of what I have to this effort, even if that work doesn't show on the scale.

Resolute: Thank you for the encouragement and support, as always. :hug: I really need some right now. And I'm sorry you're sick with the flu; I hope it passes quickly for you!

josey: THANK YOU for all your work on the spreadsheet and the form!

I did a 2 mile run yesterday outside while it was snowing, which was cold and wet but a nice change from the gym. Yesterday was also 6/30 days cheat free (edit: Jeanettey, I added that to my report post above). Off to the gym in a bit for an upper body strength workout and some more time on the bike.

Hope everyone has a good weigh-in today!

Jeanettey
10-30-2011, 02:15 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Holidays/hall5.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Holidays/hallow2.gif http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Holidays/hall5.gif

Hope everyone has a great Halloween and.............

Step away from the candy dish!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Holidays/hall9.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Holidays/hall9.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Holidays/hall9.gif

Ksquared
10-30-2011, 02:25 PM
pledged 0 / lost ? / pledge 0 ........ 6 cheat free days

Jeanettey
10-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Chickadee and Ksq - Perfect! Thank you! Sometimes I just don't have time to read through everyone's posts so a clear message to me really helps.

Thank you! http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Holidays/vampire.gif

chickadee32
10-30-2011, 02:51 PM
CheatFree Dame Jeanettey, I have a question for you and the other cheat free ladies. My cheat-free pledge is to not eat candy at work, to record every bite in my food log, and to keep my daily calorie intake below 1500. My wedding anniversary is Nov 8, and my husband and I will be going out to dinner to celebrate. I will likely choose not to restrict myself to 1500 calories that day, though of course I will still keep my intake reasonable and I will still be counting calories and logging my food. Should I just call it a cheat-free failure day regardless, or can I still meet my pledge if I'm making some other accomodation? For instance, I was thinking about restricting my calorie intake to 1300 daily for the 5 days prior to my anniversary to give myself an extra 1000 calories in wiggle room on the day of. I can't imagine I'd need that much of a buffer, but it would be nice to have it just in case. Would I be able to call that cheat-free given that it was planned and accounted for, or should I just record the day as a failure to meet my pledge? I know what the purpose is for me in participating in the cheat free challenge (it's about keeping accountable to myself and staying away from that freaking Halloween candy bowl at work from which I was mindlessly grabbing a few tootsie rolls each day) and so I'm perfectly ok with calling it a failure day, but figured I would ask to see what you all think. :)

Resolute
10-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Personally, i think if you plan on it it's not cheating, it's all about just living and enjoying a special occasion, i hope you can enjoy your anniversary, nothing wrong with it IMO. :)

FitGirlyGirl
10-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Pledged: 1
Lost: 2.2

That takes me back to where I was the week before last, before the stupid shingles and stupid steroids. :woohoo: Now onward!

josey
10-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Personally, i think if you plan on it it's not cheating, it's all about just living and enjoying a special occasion, i hope you can enjoy your anniversary, nothing wrong with it IMO. :)

I agree. To me cheating is not sticking to whatever takes you to the goal. Even candy can be fine occasionally, if you don't go over your calorie limit. It is all part of life and it will work for the weight loss.

Chick, I would say plan for it and enjoy the anniversary.

Rated
10-30-2011, 06:38 PM
lost 0.4
pledge 0.5

Rated
10-30-2011, 06:40 PM
I agree with Reso. If you plan something in advance it is not cheating.

If you make better choices for dinner then you would have previously then I think you are still leading a healthier more balanced lifestyle.

Jeanettey
10-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Chickadee - A planned event is a cheat free day in my opinion.

There's a difference between sneaking a piece of cake when your already at your max calories for the day (cheat)

and..... anniversary cake at a planned event. (not a cheat)

You can adjust your calories that day to help your weight loss if you want but don't do it out of guilt for having the cake. We all need to enjoy the special events in our life so we don't feel deprived. Both guilt for eating and feeling deprived for not eating can be the two biggest causes of a person giving up on their weight loss goals.

You know in your heart if your cheating. Because lets face it, It's you your cheating.

Hope this helps.

chickadee32
10-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Thank you Reso, josey, rated and Jeanettey for the feedback on anniversary dinner and the cheat-free challenge. :) I am definitely planning to enjoy the dinner out with my husband without guilt; I was just wondering whether it was appropriate for me to call the day "cheat free" given that I'd be violating one of the "rules" I set for this challenge. I know for myself that I won't be cheating because I know how I typically handle special occasions like these (save up calories ahead of time, eat very lightly earlier in the day), but it would feel like I was lying to the other challengers if I wasn't upfront about the fact that I will likely eat in excess of 1500 cals that day. I appreciate the understanding. :)

sumnerfan
10-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Oops, I forgot to include my pledge in my previous post. Next week I pledge to lose 1 lb. Make it happen.

April Snow
10-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Hi Sarge, I'm new! I promise to lose 1.6 pounds next week!

And I did 30 minutes of exercise before I got up the nerve to post here! lol!

josey
10-30-2011, 10:41 PM
Hey April, nice to see you here! Don't be nervous. I have seen you on lots of challenges, you are a perfect fit for our little group! A little extra workout never hurts though ;-)

PacSunMama
10-30-2011, 11:50 PM
Pledged:2
Lost: 2.6
Next week: 1
Cheat free: 7 (after reading the special event/ it's okay reassurance, as the gourmet cupcake is what put me over my cals... But it was my bday and in the past I'd have eaten half a cake!!)

And BIG NSV: remember how excited I was to have run a full mile without stopping in 15:45 a week ago?? I've been lightly training all week and lots of walking, an tonight I ran again...

A full mile in 13:10! I thought M was lying when he told me the time!!! Woohoo!

ruby5839
10-30-2011, 11:51 PM
Lost: 0

After a weekend of Halloween partying I'm just glad the scale hasn't gone up. I've been pretty good all week with food and exercise so I really think this is just because I ate a greasy, salty meal at 4am and weighed myself at 9am. Guess I'll see if that's true in a few days.

Chickadee: Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely check out the November exercise challenge thread. I think that's what I need. After joining a 90 day exercise challenge, I definitely started working out more and exceeded my goal for number of workouts. I think I just need to get onto this board first thing in the morning to be motivated from the get go! :)

Thinsole
10-31-2011, 12:12 AM
:welcome3: April!

:haphal:

Jeanettey I love the "step away from the candy" line.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Resolute
10-31-2011, 01:04 AM
Trending seems to be positive here lately, i like it, everyone facing challenges head on, had a minor negative day on the food front but otherwise i did OK, why is it everytime i drink to much i crave greasy food the next day ? Is it just me ? Anyways i compromised and had a couple of burgers at home, made with lean burger on tiny buns with only onion and mustard and a tiny bit of cheddar, but i had some peanuts i shouldn't of also, oh well i wouldn't imagine i'm more than 500 cals over my break even unless the flu causes an increase in energy needs.... dunno, anyways i'm thinking i might take a sick day tomorrow and just sleep, i get 6 a year and i've only used one so far so i will think about it. :p

Still did my walk but i was really gassed at the end. had a bit of a break down on the watch front, ( 14 incoming ) :dizzy: but i guess it beats being addicted to gambling or drugs or something equally bad, still was only around 250... eeek i gotta get a grip, don't know why i like watches so much. :o

Oh yeah i have a new favorite song too. It's contributing to my good mood lately anyways.

Gym Class Heroes: Stereo Hearts ft. Adam Levine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3E9Wjbq44E) i seem to have a renewed interest in music since i've gotten in shape, strange it's like someone turned back the clock to times gone by. :) Which brings me to my love for MP3skull.

PacSunMama
10-31-2011, 01:45 AM
Reso... your body is amazing!! BUT it's not a machine! You need to allow yourself the rest you need to heal and get healthy again. I'm not saying slack off, but I do think if your body is saying "slow down, I'm too tired for this!" you should trust it in this case since you know you're recently coming off the flu. Don't feel bad about taking a day off work to renew yourself. And enjoy the new watch! I think we all have our little healthy addictions. ;)

We get our house tomorrow... I will be raising some serious **** if the lady tells me it is still not ready. We went by Friday, Saturday, and today and only this evening did we notice (or think we noticed!) that they replaced the carpet. I seriously doubt they painted. If it smells like anything other than sunshine out the wazoo, I'll be throwing a little hissy fit. This mama is tired of living on the fly- we haven't seen our household goods since September 8, and we haven't really had a home since September 30. I'm glad my fam is together, but I'd really like to be in my home, at least for the next 8ish months.

Since he hasn't checked in, I thought I'd update on "Dodger" aka, my hubby M. He is training at another intense intel program and he is loving every minute. Superstar that he is, his goal here is to receive the "STRAK" award, which stands for "Smart, tough,...something something..." :) Basically it means he wants to achieve a 95% or higher in his class and MAX OUT HIS PT! This is insane and I know the man can do it- it's rarely done, out of thousands of students, only one rare one achieves it every couple years. I know he can do it! :)

solarplant
10-31-2011, 03:19 AM
Hi all,
I didn't get a chance to post until now. My weight today was 176! It was 176 the last two days woo.

I ran my 10K yesterday and it went great. I made it in 1 hour and 19 minutes! The hard part for me was at the halfway point where I thought oh good this entire distance again? Then I got to mile 4 and I felt like I was home free!

Today was a lazy day! I wish I would have had time to include a nap but oh well.

I pledged 2 last week.
Lost: 1.6
Pledge this week: 2 pounds!

Tate 1984
10-31-2011, 10:02 AM
pledged 1 / gained 3 / pledge 2

Bad 3 weeks. But I am finally feeling normal again. Worked my rear end off in the back yard doing prep work for a new sewer line. Considering all the heavy lifting and dirt moving I actually felt really good the next day.

Sorry I have been MIA on the board. Catching up on reading. The new management looks strong - Black OPS STRONG. The new spreadsheet works. Found the link easily. Thanks Peanut and Josey and Jeanettey for keeping things moving forward.

Quick Props - Madam Butterfly congrats on meeting a great goal. Stay healthy!
:carrot:

kateleestar
10-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Lost 1.2 / Pledge 2 :crossed: Starting a new boot camp dvd this week, and walking at least 2 miles every day (even on non-boot camp days!)

I GOT THIS! :D

MadamButterfly
10-31-2011, 11:24 AM
OK Troops,

My internet finally seems to be cooperating. No wonder I had such a hard time with the spreadsheet . . . Josey, Thanks for doing it up, it's lookin' pretty good ;) I'm doing a 30 day trial at the Y for one month and checking out the classes. I did my first spin class today . . . Ummmmmmmm, I thought I was in shape . . . yea NOPE . . . I liked it, but it was really challenging. I don't usually stand up and pedal on my bike, (on occasion, but not that much) so it was tough . . . then I did a core class . . . there is one part where you put your toes (literally the tips of your toes) on the medicine ball) while you're in the plank position . . . YUP, I kept falling off . . . hmmmmmm may have bruises, but I kept (attempting) to get back up on my toes)

Life has been a little crazy the past few weeks, but I think things are back to some resemblance or "normal" I'm at 140, so I need to make sure I don't go above that number. I was doing a "free for all" on the food last week so I'm surprised the scale didn't move more, and very happy it didn't. My internet connection is good . . . sooooooooo I'm happy.

OK, nap time before work as the spin class was at 5AM . . . I get up early, but that was E-A-R-L-Y EARLY . . .

Everyone hang in there !!!

GOOEY GHOST OUT . . . EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT HALLOWEEN!!

josey
10-31-2011, 12:25 PM
Lucky Tate, you are save from elimination on the Black Ops team even with a big gain :mad:
We have some drop outs again: Budget, Celrae, Chesh, KittKatt-Earl & Pokey for not reporting back in time. :mad::mad::mad: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?!
I am not happy! Here I thought we get a good start on the new sheet especially since Sunny on BL dropped the ball big time with her 5lbs gain. :mad:

peanutt
10-31-2011, 12:26 PM
PLEDGE BOARD UPDATE!
user / pledge / actual

Budget / 1 / AWOL
ennay / 0.4 / 0
envelope / 0.4 / +1.4
fitgirl / 1 / 2.2
iron / 1 / AWOL
jeanettey / 1 / 1.5
josey / 1 / 1.7
joyful / 1 / 0.5
K3 / 1 / 0.9
katelee / 1 / 1.2
kayla / 3 / AWOL
kitkat-earl / 1 / AWOL
munchey / 1 / 1
pacsun / 2 / 2.6
peanutt / 0.4 / 0.8
rainbow / 2 / 1.8
rated / 1 / 0.4
riestrella / 1 / 1
ruby / 1 / 0
sarati / 0.5 / 4 :D
sindaena / 1 / AWOL
solarplant / 1 / 1.6
sumner / 1 / 0.2
tate / 1 / +2.9

Taking away the AWOL privates, we hit 96.6% of our pledge this week - better than most recent weeks! BUT just imagine how much better we would have done without the posted gains....

BLACK OPS UPDATE
Eliminated this week for failure to report:
budget
celrae
cheshire
kitkat-earl
pokey

Under the yellow line and just squeaked through:
Tate <----lucky

Fair warning to Black Ops Team..... Those left on Black Ops are faithful reporters. Weeks of just squeaking by thanks to non-reporters are soon to end. If you want to stay in it, you're going to have to up your game!!!

NEW PLEDGES - NOVEMBER 6, 2011
diyana - 1
ennay - 0.4
envelope - 0
fitgirl - 1
jeanettey - 2
josey - 1
K3 - 1
katelee - 2
munchey - 2
pacsun - 1
peanutt - 0.6
rainbow - 1
rated - 0.5
ruby - 1
sarati - 1
solarplant - 2
sumner - 1
tate - 2
thinsole - 1

Newbies:
April - 1.6
snarkysharky - 1

Sarge JayTee
GooeyGhost
chickadee
pokey
ksquared

If anyone has been missed or if I've gotten your pledge/weigh in wrong, please let me know. I'm pulling info from a lot of different places this week! I will no longer be looking at the old sheet for your info!

josey
10-31-2011, 12:26 PM
Oh and by the way peeps, please do not use the old sheet anymore. We have a brand new one. If something doesn't work let me know!

peanutt
10-31-2011, 01:10 PM
Ksquared - I hope your scale rehab is still going well. Are you weighing in today or tomorrow? Or not at all?

josey - WTG on getting to a new decade! I was bouncing around 159-161 for a while and I'm glad to finally feel firmly in the new decade this week. It feels so rewarding for some reason!

munchey - LOVE that you pledge your workouts along with your weight loss goal! Plus your reflection and thinking forward are always setting yourself up for success. AWESOME! Hopefully some of the newbies or people who may be struggling can learn something from this tactic!

Jeanettey - nice cheat free week accomplished! Keep it going! Thank you for keeping track of the cheat free challenge.

chickadee - Great loss and trekking this week! I agree with the others that posted a planned celebration does not equal a cheat. Planning for events like that is the only long-term way to handle this new lifestyle. Get in a good workout that day, eat lightly the rest of the day and then go out and enjoy your anniversary celebration! The next time you're lacking motivation or encouragement, think back to a few months ago and remember how far you've come.

April - Welcome!!

PacSun - WTG on the improved mile time!! Hope you get your house soon!

Reso - I too get crazy cravings during and after drinking. Add to that the reduction in willpower after a drink or two and I get a recipe for falling off the rails. So I limit myself to avoid that. And if the watches bring you happiness, then it's $250 well spent. But I could just be saying that because of my newfound shoe addiction...:)

solarplant - Nice time on the 10K!

Gooey - I don't remember if I posted this or just thought about it, but CONGRATS ON GOAL!!! There was never a doubt in my mind that you'd melt all that BUTT-er off your buns and I'm proud to see you achieve this! Now, don't you dare indulge in the orange and black Halloween jellybeans!!!!

ennay
10-31-2011, 02:27 PM
I didnt report my mileage the last couple weeks, I'll start again this week

But I have decided to drop fitocracy and not move over to the other one. I was finding that I was choosing certain exercises over others because they had more points or because I didnt know how to log them. Stupid pendlay rows give me heartburn dangnabit and I am not going to do them any more!!!! And I NEED drop-sets. Drop sets are a pain to log but there is no way I'll ever get past my "tweener" weights with out them. (i.e. 15 is too light, 20 is too heavy 17.5 doesnt exist)

Went to the gym this morning intending to do weights but between not sleeping and losing my carkeys I was late. I had committed to coffee with a friend at 6:30 to celebrate her ultramarathon on Saturday. Did 30 min of moderate intervals on the xtrainer. She didnt show for coffee :mad: Went back to the gym after I dropped the kids at school and did my Chest and Back routine (with heavy pants instead of pendlays! and drop set on my last bicep curl) and then did my pyramid sprints.

I know it isnt wednesday and so this isnt an official challenge but if you are looking for a kick butt FAST cardio interval challenge I present to you

PYRAMID SPRINTS: Equipment needed - cardio step (like they use for step aerobics) and LOTS of risers. Clock.

Depending on your fitness level start with 0, 1 or 2 risers.

Start on the minute. As fast as you can do 20 steps (up-up-down down = 1). Rest until the end of the minute (ie my first set of 20 usually takes me about 15 seconds which leaves 45 seconds rest). On the minute start again.

After the 3rd set, add a riser (You do not get extra rest to add your riser so have them handy). Same rules

3 more sets, add another riser. You should be calling me lots of nasty little names by now.

This fun continues until you can no longer complete 20 steps in 30 seconds.

If you complete 5 risers x3, instead of adding risers increase the number of steps to 25. The stack is too unstable with 6 risers.

Today I started with 2 risers and got through the second set of 5 risers.

peanutt
10-31-2011, 03:17 PM
I just read this on the Whole30 blog and thought it to be a good message to post here....

Today may prove a test of willpower. Halloween candy is everywhere, calling out to you from perky colored wrappers in perfectly portioned bite-sized pieces. So for those of you stocking up for trick-or-treaters, or dealing with an influx of candy in your child’s own bag o’ booty, we are here to remind you of one simple fact.

YOU CAN HAVE CANDY ANY TIME YOU WANT.

You’re a grown-up. You earn your own money. And if you wanted a Snickers, a Kit-Kat, or a bag of Peanut M&Ms, you can walk right into any grocery store, gas station or convenience mart and buy one. Halloween candy is not special. It’s not unique. It’s not homemade, or a once-a-year treat, and we’re pretty sure it doesn’t invoke fond childhood memories of sitting around the dining room table while Mom pulls things out of the oven.

Which means....you will NOT be taken out by a bag of peanut M&Ms. Not this time around. No slips, no cheats, no excuses. You’re in this to slay your Sugar Demons once and for all, and you are tougher than any Halloween candy.

So, platoon… think about what you are going to do with all of your children’s candy or your leftover candy. Figure out how you will find balance in the tradition of Halloween candy versus your new, healthier lifestyle.

Luckily we don't get an influx of trick or treaters. I have some little toys and games and trinkets to hand out instead of candy.

And so help me Sarge if anyone even thinks of eating the candy because they don't want to throw it out and waste it. YOU ARE NOT A GARBAGE DISPOSAL.

ennay
10-31-2011, 03:35 PM
And so help me Sarge if anyone even thinks of eating the candy because they don't want to throw it out and waste it. YOU ARE NOT A GARBAGE DISPOSAL.

No, that is what dh's coworkers are for ;)

April Snow
10-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the welcomes!! I look forward to being a part of the platoon and continuing to make good progress with other people who are committed to staying on plan. You all outrank me by a LOT in terms of fitness, but I've made great personal strides in that too.

As for Halloween candy, no worries for me eating it - I took the pledge!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/244317-eating-clean-halloween.html

we have lots of candy buy back programs around here. Last year, my kid's favorite restaurant did one, so I'm hoping they will do it again. They take back all the extra candy to send to the troops and give the kid a free kid's meal. Definitely a win/win!

If not, there are dentists who buy it back for money.

josey
10-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Geez, I just found out that I am stating my height wrong all the time. According to Wolfram Alpha I am 5.709 feet which is actually 5' 8.5". Sigh. I will never completely understand imperial. I grew up with metric and it is quite straight forward.
So I will go and adjust all my height information now. :-)
At least it makes my BMI look better! 25.4 YEAH!!!

ennay
10-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Woohoo Josey - you grew!

Have you ever made a stir fry or salad and you start out with just a little of this veggie and just a little of that veggie and next thing you know your lunch is the size of your head? Mmmmmmm somewhere in here is some shrimp and a few almonds.

peanutt
10-31-2011, 05:12 PM
Woohoo Josey - you grew!

Have you ever made a stir fry or salad and you start out with just a little of this veggie and just a little of that veggie and next thing you know your lunch is the size of your head? Mmmmmmm somewhere in here is some shrimp and a few almonds.

YES! I do that all the time when I'm making "crap in a pan". I look at the fridge and think "Oh, I just have a little bit of these few things to use up" and then BAM we're eating it for 3 straight days.

Josey - I'm jealous...I want to grow! :p I have the opposite problem. I used to think I was 5'5". I finally pulled out the tape measure last winter and discovered that I had been lying to myself all that time...I'm only 5'4".

josey
10-31-2011, 05:20 PM
Josey - I'm jealous...I want to grow! :p I have the opposite problem. I used to think I was 5'5". I finally pulled out the tape measure last winter and discovered that I had been lying to myself all that time...I'm only 5'4".

Hey, I will gladly give you 1 or 2 of those inches. I never wear high heels because I am towering already. I would rather be 5'6" and have more lbs to lose. But oh well, I sure like that 25.4 BMI :D:D

rainbowsmiles
10-31-2011, 07:27 PM

WASTE IT or WAIST IT...the choice is yours :)
kick it to the can with gusto!!!

Jeanettey
10-31-2011, 07:43 PM
As I am the proud owner operator of a non-profit group called Nevada troop support, that send letters and items to our troops in harms way,

I have no problem figuring out what to do with halloween candy.

It really makes their day and makes me feel great to send it to them.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Holidays/hall2.gif

chickadee32
10-31-2011, 08:43 PM
My strategy for dealing with the Halloween candy tonight as I pass it out: I recorded the nutritional info of each type into a space on the side of my food log, so I have to look at the calories, fat, carbs and lack of fiber and protein before I choose to eat a piece. I'll still have a piece or two before the night is out I'm sure, but at least I'll know exactly what I'm getting and can strategize to keep the indulgence to under 100 cals.

josey, I would love to be 5'8"! I think I might have grown slightly though... the last two times at the doctor they've measured me at 5'5" rather than 5'4.5" (and if it happens again I'm totally updating my numbers here, lol). Maybe there's less compression or something with all this weight gone? Who knows, but peanutt, it might be worth measuring yourself again!

Why are ALL of the charities calling tonight??

MadamButterfly
11-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Just a quickie before I hit the racks

NO
ORANGE
OR
BLACK
JELLY BEANS IN SIGHT

THANK GOODNESS!!!!

DO THEY MAKE JUST BLACK & ORANGE JELLY BEANS ????

MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm

No, I'm not going to look for them because I'm sure they are still laughing at me and I don't thing POOPIN'

ORANGE & BLACK
WOULD LOOK VERY NICE

K3LL3Y
11-01-2011, 07:10 AM
My power's Back!!!
Honestly, I've hardly missed a Sunday check in since I joined this crew in May and I'm pretty upset at this snow storm for keeping me away from the internet for 3 days.
No trick-or-treaters for me in my new house. We're not in a good street for it even with the power outages. My husband has a nice big bowl of candy to take care of this week. Like peanutt said, I'm an adult and do not need to get pulled in by brightly colored packaging.

Okay I have to get to work. Starting a brand new job today. Wish me luck and I'll check in with everyone properly this afternoon.
Have a great day Platoon!

April Snow
11-01-2011, 08:19 AM
I still have to make it through the next week or so, when I can get my son to agree to trading in the candy. But so far, so good! No nibbles for me. I did pick out the stuff I like best and told my son to eat that first! lol!

josey
11-01-2011, 10:05 AM
One thing that usually helps me is to read through the ingredient list on the candy. There are things in there I rather not want to know. I know it is tough. I am a huge candy (and especially chocolate) lover and I do eat my share.
Halloween though is not too bad for me. We live out in the boonies and have no kids :-) I just got to stay away from the office kitchen this week since people usually bring in left overs.

ruby5839
11-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Hope you all had a cheat-free and Happy Halloween!

:welcome: April and congrats on reaching onederland!!

We got cleaned out last night by 8pm so there is no leftover candy to worry about :)

April Snow
11-01-2011, 02:15 PM
thanks ruby!

It was definitely a happy surprise!

FitGirlyGirl
11-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Not only did I not eat a single piece of Halloween candy, I started over on p90X yesterday. I got through day 60 last time and life happened (illness, adoption stuff, stress with DH) and derailed me. I'm doing all 90 days this time. Maybe I won't even skip the stupid yoga.

Kittenmancer
11-01-2011, 03:09 PM
I am withdrawing from this thread, since I've changed my focus and goals. I'll still eat clean and exercise, but I'm not focusing on weight loss anymore. My goals are now to get back to peak strength levels and decrease body fat.

Best of luck to everyone with their goals!

peanutt
11-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Welcome to ONEDERLAND, April!!

Gooey....stay away from the jellybeans! Resist their orange and black siren song!! :D

Sarati
11-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Hey guys I didn't see my name listed under Black Ops. I got my hair cut and probably took of 1/2 lb that way so watch out! I'm still in to WIN!!!!! Please include me on that part of the new spread sheet.

The fleetly website seems pretty neat. I'm going to take a fitocracy break and try it for a while.

LOOKING GOOD New Mgt!

FitGirlyGirl
11-01-2011, 05:41 PM
I went and checked out this fleetly thing, I don't get how it is better than fitocracy. I can't even find a normal barbell squat in their list of exercises and the search function is inoperable. Am I missing something here? Can someone explain to me why it is better?

Tate 1984
11-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Josey, I got your message, shape up or ship out. No more squeakin by. Move it, lose it, or get left behind!

I passed the halloween challenge yesterdy. No candy in my mouth. I avoided all candy dishes and all offers to eat from them.
:carrot:

ennay
11-01-2011, 06:36 PM
I did well today. My mom is visiting which means MEGA stress plus I always feel all stuff I normally do piling up and that's more stress and I have said NO to her twice today and did what needed to be done including a 7 mile run and 3 canner loads of grape jelly.

My food is a little weird as it always is on canning day but still good except for tasting the jelly to check sugar level (the pectin I use you do not need any sugar at all for gelling, only to taste)

BudgetBaby
11-01-2011, 08:25 PM
I can't believe I forgot to post my weigh in. Gah. What a wussy reason for losing my black ops spot. The weekend got crazy, and I forgot, until today.

I have been doing well with food control though. Did lose weight. :)

And I've got new arch supports which have pretty much eliminated the heel pain that had started hindering my gym efforts. I would not have thought of arch supports to fix heel pain, but I got that tip from a coworker who had a similar problem. Turns out plantar fasciitis can cause heel pain because the tendon connects there.

Thinsole
11-01-2011, 11:57 PM
I had my family over for Halloween (since I am the only one who lives in a town and thus the only candy giver). I won't say I didn't indulge (cuz that would be lying) but what badness I did consume was planned, recorded, and (best of all) in moderation.

Ennay- Good for you getting in a 7 miler while under stress. I've noticed that if I don't run for awhile I start to get cranky. Not sure if that's normal, lol.

April- :congrat: on Onderland! That is awesome! :carrot:

Josey- Congratulations on your 2nd-growth spurt. I want one! I'm tired of having to do a little hop when I want something off the top of the fridge.

Peanutt- I do that all the time with food. A little here, a little there, and the next thing I know I'm freezing it because long practice says if I don't it gets wasted. (Course then I have ready made work lunches so I shouldn't complain)

K3- Good luck and glad you have your power back. Winter this year is looking like it might be :censored:

Ksquared
11-02-2011, 12:33 AM
Hi Peanutt.

I will weigh in on Sunday with everyone else. No Candy for me, even though I am seriously PMSing hard core!

Last night I dressed up as a pirate at work and spent 7 hours on my feet in heels.. Then spent another 5 hours today at the court house in heels. Needless to say my Cheat Free days have been numbered. I had to skip my Jog last night and tonight due to severly aching feet.. Oh the price of beauty..

HOWEVER.. on a NSV note.. I bought my costume 2 weeks ago and it as a touch tight in the arms. Last night it was falling off.. AND the corset I bought in Feb is WAY too big for me. I have to go have it taken in.. I spent enough money on it DANG IT.

BUT, because of my curvy nature, I have bruises on my back were the corset dipped in to follow my curves and dug into my back all night. Again with the price of beauty.

Now to counter that, today at the court house, sitting in those little seats I realized I could fit a whole other person in the seat next to me. And I didn't have to climb over everyone in the row to get to my seat or butt plant anyone with my big ol arse.

diyana
11-02-2011, 09:56 AM
I just saw the attached picture on Facebook, posted by a Chiropractic and Wellness Center. Scary stuff. :yikes: No wonder I'm having pain. I need to remember (or post) this image as a reminder of the immediate effects of fat on my body. Not to mention the long term effects my obesity is having on my body.

Here's the caption from the picture:
"The light areas are fat. The subcutaneous fat (fat just under the skin) is one thing. But notice the pressure on the ankles, how the joints are at awkward angles, the compression at the knees and how the organs are constricted. One of these bodies will most likely last longer than the other. Which would you rather be? It's time to make a change."

ennay
11-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Feel a bit off today. Not sure if I am being lazy or needing a rest. I really wish I could tell the difference.

josey
11-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Sarati - You probably got dropped from the Black Ops team because I didn't hear from you before the spreadsheet switch. I saw your post right after and restored your tab but not the Black Ops connection. Hm, I will see if I can fix that. Might take a while though. I am quite busy right now.

April Snow
11-02-2011, 01:53 PM
thanks thinsole!!

and waves to everyone else, with all my food for the day sitting in my lunch bag. We are getting a big snow storm today, guess it's good thing I work out inside at home!! (will do it later when I get home from work)

josey
11-02-2011, 02:01 PM
peanutt - Sorry but I dropped the body...uhh...ball on the burpee challenge. It was getting too tough :-( I will keep doing them. But 10 or so only and slowly increase them when I get a little better at it.

Sindaena
11-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Ugh, sorry I missed Sunday check-in. I had out of town company. They are gone now, and I got a run int today. Miraculously I am down a pound, so I guess no real harm done by four days essentially off plan.

I am trying to work up the motivation to go to the gym and lift this evening. If I miss today, that will be a full week of lifting (3 planned lifting days) lost, so I really need to suck it up and go even though it's always more crowded in the evening. What I should have done is gotten up and gone this morning when my alarm went off instead of seeing the cancel text from my workout partner and going back to sleep. Friday I will suck it and and go no matter what!

peanutt
11-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Just a quickie from the road....I'm off base for the rest of the week and won't be able to check in as much. You'd all better be melting that BUTTer!!

I just got a recommendation from the front desk for a cool park to run in tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it!

Hitting the rack early tonight. I was up at 3:00am to catch my flight and I am pooped.

Sarati
11-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks Josey!!!!!!

Jeanettey
11-03-2011, 12:03 AM
OK Platoon! Jeanettey was not impressed with only 3 participants in last weeks challenge.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/reveille2.jpg

This week I want to see some butter meltin work.

Report in at least once this week and you Black Ops competitors might want to go for two or three days this week.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/truckload.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/steve.jpg

Jeanettey's Mid-Week challenge

"Drop and Gimme"
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/untitled.jpg

That's 50 push ups and 50 crunches in a day.

Now get busy platoon and make your new commanders proud

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/catsarge.jpg

Jeanettey
11-03-2011, 12:06 AM
And on a personal note I hit my 70 lbs lost mark.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/happydance.gif

chickadee32
11-03-2011, 01:07 AM
Congratulations on your 70 lb milestone, Jeanettey!! And "Drop and Gimme" challenge complete. :)

Sindaena: Do the lifting!! It's probably psychological, but I always feel physically weaker after missing one of my planned strength workouts, lol.

April Snow: Welcome, and congratulations on ONEDERLAND!! Sorry I neglected to say it earlier. :)

peanutt: Enjoy the run and your time off-base!

ennay: Have you been running as far as 7 miles lately, or was yesterday a long run for you? Maybe between that and the company you're just worn out?

Today was day 10/30 cheat free, and after my mini-break from exercise yesterday I got in a 3 mile run tonight on the treadmill. I kept the pace slow but added just a touch of incline for the first time. It seemed to go pretty well.

Ksquared
11-03-2011, 02:24 AM
ok, I bought a fitbit and got it tonight. Let's see how many calories and jsut how many miles and steps I walk in a day. This should shed some light on the weight loss mystery!

PacSunMama
11-03-2011, 03:13 AM
Jeanetty great job!!!!!!

Challenge, accepted Sgt. Jeanetty!

I've been here, just crazy moving! We are FINALLY in our new house. I haven't exercised "on purpose" since Sunday night but I've been working my toosh off! I've walked 2-3 hours each day, holding my 23-pound lugga-bubba baby, moving things down the stairs from our hotel room (about 20 trips up and down), into the house from the car, all around the house from there, assembling furniture pieces, shopping and walking and then walking some more. Plus the every day stuff.

I'm happy to say I haven't cheated, even though my calories on Halloween consisted almost entirely of candy. I logged every bite in my journal and cut myself off at almost exactly 1900 calories. Needless to say the baby didn't sleep that night and I had almost no milk to give, so I've been filling my calories with much better choices since then. I am thus, still going strong on our 30-day cheat free challenge! On top of it all, I'm maintaining a 4.0 gpa. Getting about 2-4 hours of sleep a night, not including the baby waking up constantly. Things will settle this weekend, as I've been working super hard on my homework after everyone goes to bed and I have a huge project I just turned in tonight.

Hoping to see the scale move a lot this week! I am excited to start my fitness group tomorrow night with the personal trainer in our spouse's group!

That's about all! Have a HOOAH night! Gonna do the midweek challenge and hit the sack!

diyana
11-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Great job, Jeanettey!! I'm so happy and excited for you!! I'm definitely up for the challenge!

Thinsole
11-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Congrats Jeanettey!! Way to go lady!!

PacSun- Way to keep moving!

K^2- Have fun with your fitbit. I know when I get a new piece of technology to use in my workouts I workout more.

Chickadee- Way to add incline to your workout. Beyond natural slopes I've been shying away from incline and just trying to do distance and time. It'll probably bite me in the bum later.

Sindaena- Go lift something!! I agree with Chickadee- when I miss a workout I always feel weaker on the next one, be it mental or physical. So stop the missing today!

Jeanettey- Your challenge is on my plate today and it looks delicious!!

4 more workouts for C25K!!

Tate 1984
11-03-2011, 01:25 PM
And on a personal note I hit my 70 lbs lost mark.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/happydance.gif

Congrats Jeanettey, great goal! Your looking awesome. So nice to see less of you Ü

Tate 1984
11-03-2011, 01:30 PM
NSV - Winter jackets, you break em out each winter. Mine usually don't zip up because I carry my weight around my mid section. Today I broke out my Colts jacket. And it zipped up with room to spare. I was shocked!! I did a little happy dance in the dark as it is 06:00 when I leave for work.

The joys of losing weight is you will eventually have to buy new clothes!!!

josey
11-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Sarati - I restored you on the Black Ops sheet. Check and see if it looks ok. Oh and make sure you post a nice loss on Sunday for the extra work I did ok? ;-)

Jeanettey - Congrats on the 70lbs goal! We should have made it a race...oh wait, maybe not since I would have lost the race!
I will add the special ops to my workout!

Tate - Nice NSV!! And buying new clothes will be a great reward until it gets a burden ;-) I had a phase where I couldn't shop and replace the stuff fast enough. Fun though :-)

MadamButterfly
11-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Good morning Troops;

I see SARGE is Away . . . BUT that doesn't mean the cats get to play. Not logging many miles, but I did a spinning class & core class Monday, Body Pump on Tue, walked a few miles yesterday and Today did PiYo (Pilates/Yoga class) and today I did BOOT CAMP . . . OMG . . . THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!!! The instructor was talking to me after the class and wants me to take the "EXTREME BOOT CAMP" that starts in Jan. They also do body composition and nutrition . . . I think I might do it, but I need to get a better handle on the "Boot Camp" itself. WooHoo!! Also my first LIVE ZUMBA CLASS tomorrow. I've done the Zumba Videos, but I've never done a live class. SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED :)

OK, done rambling. Everyone keep focused while Sarge is away and make SARGE proud when you report your loss on Sunday.

Jeanettey, Great challenge, may have to try it tomorrow. We'll see how the body feels in the AM :)

OK TROOPS, KEEP MELTIN' THAT BUTT-ER!!

josey
11-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Black Ops, you might want to consider Jeanettey's special ops this week. I just looked up the percentage to beat. :yikes: You are in for a serious challenge to make it through this week.

ennay
11-03-2011, 05:12 PM
ennay: Have you been running as far as 7 miles lately, or was yesterday a long run for you? Maybe between that and the company you're just worn out?

That's a pretty mediumish run. I think it was company, lack of sleep, and impending AF. I never know when it is, but a BIG clue should have been that all week protein foods had zero appeal. I grilled some beautiful filet mignon on Sunday and then didnt want to eat it.

I hadnt realized that pattern for me until I went paleo for awhile and realized I CAN'T eat much meat during PMS - isn't that weird? I dont really "crave carbs" like is supposed to be typical, but I eat more carbs just because meat is blech for about 5-7 days. I've often thought of doing some weird diet switcharoo. Like 8-1-1 or something that week.

ennay
11-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Black Ops, you might want to consider Jeanettey's special ops this week. I just looked up the percentage to beat. :yikes: You are in for a serious challenge to make it through this week.

Well, beating THAT won't happen. Guess I just have to take out someone else.

Jeanettey
11-03-2011, 09:46 PM
I'm happy to say I haven't cheated, even though my calories on Halloween consisted almost entirely of candy. I logged every bite in my journal and cut myself off at almost exactly 1900 calories. Needless to say the baby didn't sleep that night and I had almost no milk to give.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!! Are you serious?:mad:

Jeanettey
11-03-2011, 10:04 PM
I don't want to get b*tchy but I have something to say.

Losing Sarge as our leader s*cked. I loved this thread and one of the main reasons was that Sarge would put us in check when we made her eyes bleed with mushy stuff or lack of committment.

There's no reason we should let that great part of this thread end. I don't want to be the one who puts platoon members in their place when their committment wavers but I will, if need be, from time to time.

I don't feel that it's my place but, like I said my favorite thing about this thread is knowing someone will make you tow the line and call you on your cr*p.

Thinsole
11-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Challenge complete Sargent Jeanettey! My arms have fallen off, luckily they re-attach.

I watch the BL but didn't really note the lowest % until you guys brought it up.

:cheer:Good Luck Black Ops Team!!:cheer:

josey
11-03-2011, 10:33 PM
I don't want to get b*tchy but I have something to say.

Losing Sarge as our leader s*cked. I loved this thread and one of the main reasons was that Sarge would put us in check when we made her eyes bleed with mushy stuff or lack of committment.

There's no reason we should let that great part of this thread end. I don't want to be the one who puts platoon members in their place when their committment wavers but I will, if need be, from time to time.

I don't feel that it's my place but, like I said my favorite thing about this thread is knowing someone will make you tow the line and call you on your cr*p.

I agree Jeanettey. My eyes bleed too with all the mushy stuff and there is enough on the forum. This has to be a whine-free zone! It's the only one on 3FC anyways.

I think we can all be a bit of Sarge and reign the platoon in when we lose focus. I don't shy away from commenting when somebody starts lacking commitment or gets too comfortable.
I hope others will do the same. We lived long enough (too long actually) in the comfort zone and that's what got us in trouble. Now we live and breathe hard work and drive.

And no more slacking off on the weigh ins! I am not willing to do the sheet if people can't even post their weight on Sundays. If you are not available on Sunday, weigh in early. No excuses!! (Well apart from K3, power outages and blizzards are kind of tough to overcome.)

josey
11-03-2011, 10:34 PM
@Jeanettey - challenge completed for today.

Sindaena
11-03-2011, 11:16 PM
I am happy to report that I did indeed lift yesterday. I was not happy with how the weight felt at all; seemed like it should have been easier after the extra rest, but I guess bad food and too little sleep and too much coffee staying up for the NaNaWriMo kickoff party at 12:00AM sharp Nov 1 didn't help at all. And now my word count is behind already, sigh.

I missed my run today because I discovered on pulling my running clothes out of the drier that the kitten had gone in there and peed on them. Needless to say they went back to the washing machine next. I put some extra time into the pool this evening to make up for it and will run Saturday if there are no kid plans I can't recall at the moment.

Jeanettey
11-04-2011, 12:10 AM
Jeanettey's Mid-week challenge

"Drop and Gimme"

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/appreciation2.jpg

Completed by; Chickadee, Josey, Thinsole and Me

Nice job ladies!!!

Challenge is posted on page 9, post # 125

Jeanettey
11-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Let's pull together platoon!!!

Our Sarge has done the work and She is enjoying a well deserved rest!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/sarge-1.jpg

Your leaders, Corporals Peanutt, Josey and Jeanettey are here for you!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/corporals.jpg

If these guys can function without their Sargent then just imagine what we can accomplish!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/stripes.jpg

I know we can make this work!

MadamButterfly
11-04-2011, 01:14 AM
OK, Troops; Boot Camp workout is sinking in and I'm a bit sore, but not to sore to do Jeannettey's Challenge. Corporal
"Punishment" Jeanettey: Challenge Complete!! Now my arms REALLY ARE GOING TO FALL OFF!!!!

Hmmmmmmmmm, a soak in the tub is in order and I think RIGHT NOW!!! then my arms will reattach also.

TOMORROW IS

YOUR

LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!

JUST DO IT!!
AND
DO IT NOW!!!!

chickadee32
11-04-2011, 01:20 AM
Jeanettey challenge completed for Thursday. Tonight I did the pushups as part of a new body weight strength training program I'm trying out. For the first two weeks of the program all of the exercises are done as ladders, which means that you begin with 1 rep, rest, then 2 reps, rest, 3 reps, rest, etc. until you get to the point where going any higher would result in muscle failure. Then you work back down the ladder until you get to 1 rep, and continue up and down the ladder until you reach a set amount of time. The program I'm working through calls for 7.5 minutes of each exercise, and I think in that time I did ~100 pushups on an elevated surface (the arm of the couch). I thought the ladder method was a GREAT way to do something like pushups - small sets with a high number of total reps seems ideal for working up to doing full push-ups if you (like me) need to do yours on an elevated surface or want to increase the number you can do in a single set. For anyone doing the Jeannettey challenge this week, I highly recommend trying out the ladders for your pushups!

On the diet front, today was day 11/30 of cheat free, and day 1/5 of keeping my calories under 1300 in preparation for dinner out on Tuesday.

Something a little odd: I've been craving nuts (specifically cashews and pistachios) like crazy for the past several weeks, and it has had me a bit concerned. I haven't been eating them but I literally think about nuts multiple times per day, and though I've never been a binge eater I have recently had thoughts of pouring a big bowl of nuts and just eating them all. It's been a bit scary. It finally occurred to me last night that the cravings might be the result of not be getting enough good fats in my diet. I generally eat 20-25% of my calories from fat, and, looking at my food log, that typically equates to only 25-35g of fat per day given my low-ish calorie intake. So I've decided to experiment with adding 15g of nuts to my diet each day to up my good fats a bit, and I'll see whether the cravings abate a bit after a week or so of that.

Ksquared
11-04-2011, 02:20 AM
Ok So my little fit bit is a miracle.. Now I can really see what I do in an average day and what kind of calories I burn, how much I walk. My sleep patterns and how much working out I do actually do on a daily basis.

Here is the break down..

Calories Burned - 2769

Steps taken- 15852

Calorie intake - 1458 (Calorie deficit - 1311)

Miles traveled today - 7.54

Also tonight is the last night of my c25k - WOOHOO GO ME! it took a little extra weeks to get it done, but I am happy to say I got 9 weeks of jogging done! I am so proud of myself.

Now I can start again with a bit of a faster pace. I ended with 3.7 and started at 3.0. Going to restart at 4.0.

MadamButterfly
11-04-2011, 08:42 AM
LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Chick-a-dee: Avocado's are a good source of good fats also, I eat them with eggs, on a sandwich/wrap, in salads and in my smoothies. Very versatile. Just a few slices a day, not the whole thing. Just a thought.

K-squared= congrats on the fit bit and completing C25K . . . it makes you feel awesome, doesn't it??? do you like the fit bit. Is this similar to a Body Bugg???

OK, off to MELT MY BUTT-er

Later troops

ennay
11-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Chickadee - I like doing pushups as ladders /pyramids. One of my favorite kick your butt workouts is

1 pushup, 1 pull up*, 1 jump squat 30 sec rest
2-2-2 3-3-3 etc up to failure and back down

*I cant do a pull up so substitute any reasonable pull exercise. At the gym I either do australian pullups or lat pulldowns if the gym is empty enough for me to monopolize those stations, or I do 2 arm dumbbell rows 5 lbs heavier than working weight if not.

rainbowsmiles
11-04-2011, 12:21 PM
pledged: 1
lost: 2.5
new pledge: 1

weighing in early, will be out of town, uggg didn't even come close to the % needed to stay in black ops squad!!! CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

i'm still BLACK OPS STRONG!!!

ennay
11-04-2011, 01:38 PM
pledged: 1
lost: 2.5
new pledge: 1

weighing in early, will be out of town, uggg didn't even come close to the % needed to stay in black ops squad!!! CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

i'm still BLACK OPS STRONG!!!

I'm guessing you are way safe with that loss. Great job!

Ksquared
11-04-2011, 06:31 PM
The Fitbit is awesome. It does everything the Bodybug does, but it's 100 bucks cheaper and I don't have any software to DL it's online and it downloads wirelssly to it's little station. Best of all it tells me about my sleep patterns and how I have been sleeping and how often I wake up. Even though I was in bed for 7 hours last night, I only got 5 hours of sleep.

I like seeing how many calories I burn and all that fun stuff. I also discovered my Treadmill is 100 calories off on what I burn and according to last nights data I need to add an extra 500 calorie work out ro kick over that 3000 calorie hill.

What I know now though is I need to add a little extra something to my workouts, but what I am doing is working, I just need to fine tune it. My little fitbit has certainly helped me see where the fine tuning needs to go.

:)

josey
11-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Jeanettey- day2 of challenge is completed.

chickadee32
11-05-2011, 01:47 AM
Jeanettey challenge complete for Friday; day 11/30 of cheat free and day 2/5 of <1300 calories done. Shook up my eliptical workout tonight by doing some intervals, and I was sweating like crazy. Still thinking about running another 5K on Sunday, but I haven't decided for sure yet. It depends on how my hip feels.

MadamB: Thank you, I hadn't thought of avocados. I'll have to look a ripe one at the store the next time I'm there. How do you keep it from turning brown if you're only eating a few slices at a time? Press plastic down on all of the exposed flesh?

ennay: I'll have to try that sometime, though I can't do a pull-up either. :) I just recently started using the assisted pull-up machine at the gym, and I'm hoping that's going to help me get closer.

rainbow: Nice loss this week!!

Resolute, pokey, cheshire... where are you???

:thanks2: <----- my new favorite!

Resolute
11-05-2011, 02:00 AM
I'm here :hug: just this flu has been kicking my but all week, i happened to notice you were craving pistachios yesterday, i actually made a pistachio dessert just yesterday by coincidence, probably shouldn't have but i already gave a bunch away so it's not as bad.

So have you ever made this stuff ? It's really good, i vary the recipe to try and keep cals down but it still needs some bad to be good if you know what i mean. :D

INGREDIENTS:

1st Layer

1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
4 Tbsp sugar
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup chopped nuts

2nd Layer

1 8 oz. cream cheese(softened)
1 large container whipped topping
1 cup sugar

3rd Layer
2 1/2 cups milk
2 packages instant pistachio pudding mix

4th Layer
Remaining whipped topping
nuts

How to make it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mix first layer ingredients together.
Press into a 9 x 13 pan.
Bake at 350* for 13-15 min.
Let cool completley.
Whip second layer ingredients together and spread over crust
Beat third layer ingredients and spread over cheese layer.
Spread on rest of whipped topping.
Sprinkle with a few nuts.
This makes your fourth and final layer.
Enjoy!

Ksquared
11-05-2011, 02:24 AM
Today I restarted my c25k. I started this time with a 2% incline and 4mph. I am just going to run through it every night from day 1. I am excited to see if I can get up to running 5mph by the end of 9 weeks.

Tonights #'s

Calories in - 1824
Calories burned - 2763
Calorie deficit - 939

Steps taken - 15125
Miles gone - 6.61

According to my fit bit, I will reach my goal May 14th 2012 That is of 130 pounds. 20 pounds more then my tracker says. Gotta rein in those calories!

chickadee32
11-05-2011, 03:54 AM
Resolute, that is an evil recipe! LOL. It's full of things I haven't tasted in months... butter and cream cheese and graham cracker crust, oh my! My husband would LOVE that though (he adores pistachio pudding)... hmmm, maybe I can try making a reduced sugar version for him as a treat. Thanks for the recipe and the idea! And I hope with some rest this weekend you'll be feeling better soon. :hug:

K2: I am certain you'll be able to get up to 5mph! I've been doing my longer runs on the treadmill at 4.5mph, and when I run outside I seriously struggle to get my pace below 5.0mph (I have yet to do that successfully, actually). The incline you're running at will help the speed come up pretty quickly I think.

josey
11-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Ohhh Reso! What are you doing to me??? I LOVE pistachios!!! Sounds delicious, I will definitely try that recipe but only when I have a bunch of people come over :-)
What I do sometimes to have a quite guilt-free pistachio dessert: Mix a tablespoon of the jell-o pistachio pudding powder into 90g of PC 0% plain Greek Yogurt. Yummy!
I am in serious love with that 0% PC Greek Yogurt anyways. Usually have some for breakfast either with homemade low sugar jam or some nuts and honey. They have several different flavours but I only buy the plain yogurt and the one with honey.

Jeanettey
11-05-2011, 11:36 AM

"Drop and Gimme"

Completed by; Chickadee, Josey, Thinsole, MadamB and Me.

Black Ops strong competitors who completed it more than

one day; Chickadee, Josey and Me.

Let me know if I missed anyone. Nice job ladies!!!

Challenge is posted on page 9, post # 125

Jeanettey
11-05-2011, 11:41 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Exercises/choosehard.jpg .... http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Exercises/stairs.jpg.... http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Exercises/moto.jpg

Make a plan and then just do it!

MadamButterfly
11-05-2011, 12:07 PM
MORNING TROOPS

LAST DAY
FOR
LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS

JUST DO IT!!

Seems the bar is high for those on the Black Ops Team . . . hang in there

Yesterday I did a step class followed by a ZUMBA class. I need to find good shoes that with "twist and turn" on a hardwood floor (so I don't torque my knee in a bad way) Anyone with any ideas ? ? ? I was thinking some type of ballet shoe might work . . .

Chick-a-dee: Yes, press the plastic wrap on the flesh of the avocado. You may have to slice of a tiny layer of brown anyway, but just a tiny layer, so you hit green again. Also leave the pit in the avocado, that seems to help some too

Reso: Hope you're feeling better

Hope everyone's having a great weekend. It's VERY QUIET THIS MORNING. I hope that means everyone is out MELTIN' BUTT-ER!!

Later troops.

ennay
11-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Ran ~ 9 miles today. I have a hilly hilly marathon in 2 weeks that I am nowhere near trained for. I wouldnt even feel trained for a 10K right now.

I fought the urge to run a ridiculous amount of miles today. At this point I am just going to run consistently ---or as consistently as possible since we leave for vacation tomorrow and it is what it is. Logically I should not do this marathon, but I have bailed on too many races this year in exactly the same manner. Just when I get a run in that makes me think the race is possible I quit running until it is hopeless to train and then dont race. I'm sabotaging for some reason that I havent figured out yet so I am going to do the race anyway. I dont get to quit I haven't done a 5+ hour marathon in 7 years and it doesnt sound fun, but I think it is necessary.

Sindaena
11-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Yesterday I did a step class followed by a ZUMBA class. I need to find good shoes that with "twist and turn" on a hardwood floor (so I don't torque my knee in a bad way) Anyone with any ideas ? ? ? I was thinking some type of ballet shoe might work . . .

Hmm, I have some ideas. (No guarantee they are any good...) They have Zumba classes at my kids Tae Kwon Do and fitness center. I know the instructor and a lot of participants ended up buying martial arts shoes to wear for classes. I think the mats are probably harder to twist on well than hardwood, so I'd think that martial arts shoes could be an option for that as well. I believe that there are sneakers specifically made for dance that would likely work also. Lastly, I have suede soled dancing heels I used to wear for salsa, my recollection is that some people basically just glued suede to the bottom of regular heels for that, so I think that could be applied to a flat show for Zumba.

josey
11-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Chick - Lemon juice!!! That also helps with a lot of fruit to keep them from turning brown. For example apples, pears, banana, ...

peanutt
11-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Just scrolling through quickly while still on the road, but wanted to add two things:
1. Virtual *** kicks will always take place in this thread and excuses and weak-willed bullcrap will never be welcomed here. Just because Sarge isn't around as much doesn't mean that will change (I have no idea why anyone would think that would change). Remember, I've never held back when I've read a post from someone that needs a wake up call. Not to minimize the contributions made by JayTee, but this thread is a community and bigger than one person. No one person can watch every moment, so every single person needs to pull their weight and give someone a wake up call when needed. I'm not always going to be here.

2. Posting intimate details about TOM or other such personal issues or using it as an excuse for laziness, overeating or weight gain isn't welcome here. It makes Sarge's eyes bleed and it makes mine bleed too. Get rid of that and keep it out of this thread. If you're not posting about losing weight, exercise or healthy food, perhaps you should find another thread to post those things in. No one needs to know when it's your TOM. All we need to know is what you're doing to make yourself lighter, healthier and fitter.

Get those weigh ins posted! I'm home late tomorrow night so I'll crunch the numbers on Monday morning.

I think some people have been getting away with crap over the past few weeks because I've been spending my limited board time with the admin stuff. Now that I've got things setup and running for myself, I'm hopefully going to have more time to devote to actually reading through and responding to posts. PULL UP YOUR SOCKS AND SPIT SHINE THOSE BOOTS, PLATOON!

PLEASE post your weigh ins in a separate post (if you post them here) and PLEASE make note if you're weighing in but aren't yet on the spreadsheet. That will help me get through all the number crunching quicker.

Jeanettey, I know it's late but I completed the challenge in my hotel room twice this week. :)

PacSun, it's not my challenge to run, but I'd seriously reconsider whether or not eating the majority of your calories in a day from candy allows you to still consider yourself "cheat free". That's excessive, not a treat or a splurge. It's one thing to plan for a celebratory meal with family or a holiday treat, it's entirely different to chow down on a ton of Halloween candy just 'cuz. But hey, it's only yourself and your health that you're cheating there.

josey
11-05-2011, 11:59 PM
quick reminder:

The new spreadsheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsNtLUURW3tMdGZsc1UyR1pGdzRMRDczajVTNkhMd 3c

and the link to the form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGZsc1UyR1pGdzRMRDczajVTNkhMd3c6M Q
If you use the form to post your Sunday weigh in, gains are negative numbers just like in the spreadsheet!

Ksquared
11-06-2011, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the reminder Peanutt. Sometimes I forget and get a little too comfortable.

chickadee32
11-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Jeanettey challenge complete for Saturday; day 13/30 cheat free done; day 3/5 <1300 calories done.

We were going out to dinner tonight, which was going to be a challenge on under 1300 cals for the day, so I saved up my calories all day in preparation - I ate only 200 before dinner tonight. We went to one of our favorite local restaurants that changes its menu regularly based on what is in season locally, and so does not have any nutritional info available... but I was THRILLED to see that for the first time ever on their menu they had an entree that was noted as being under 550 calories. Woohoo! I had a delicious dinner of pan-fried swordfish with a fresh vegetable ratatouile, and asked our server to please thank the chef for making a low calorie option available.

Re avocados: Thank you, MadamB; I will do that! Josey, I use lemon juice for fruit, but oddly never thought of it for avocados. Thanks!

Hoping everyone has a good weigh-in tomorrow!

BudgetBaby
11-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Weigh In (already updated spreadsheet)

Lost: 0.2

K3LL3Y
11-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Good Morning Platoooooon!!!!
Checking in!!

Lost 1.0lb!/Pledge 1lb

(I love that spreadsheet)

K3LL3Y
11-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Sorry I've been MIA for a while. Blizzards aside I also had to change jobs this week so no more internet during the day.
I refuse to slack on my exersice so my internet time has suffered but believe me I'm staying true to our platoon motto and taking no excuses!
I"m so darn close to goal, I can't believe it! Slow and steady baby, slow and steady.

I hope everyone is having a successful week. I know that colder temperatures and busy schedules can creep into the mental excuses but don't you do it!! Life will never get simpler or less busy. You make yourself a priority. Keep that internal Sarge alive, make the better choices for your health. :D

Thinsole
11-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Weigh In- (Already updated spreadsheet)

Lost: 2

Thinsole
11-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Platoon- We have a little over 2 weeks left until Thanksgiving! About 6 weeks left until Christmas. And in 8 little weeks we will be sitting in 2012. Kick it into gear!

sumnerfan
11-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Gained 3 lbs
Pledge 3 lbs

I made unwise food choices this week. I ate prepackaged 'diet' food and now I'm so bloated that my jeans don't fit. So this week it's back to basics. I'm going to bake chicken, cook brown rice, boil eggs for egg whites and avoid sodium to get this water weight off of me.

solarplant
11-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Weigh in (already updated in spreadsheet)

Lost: 0

This week was my last week at work! No excuses here, but I know this scale thing is just a fluke, since it's the first week of the month. I worked out more this week than last week! Today is also my birthday, and I had my birthday dinner last night (sushi!) so today is all about having a good day without over doing it on the food. I also don't like cake/desserts so there will be none :)

I'm about to go out and run a 10K this morning. It's a free race put on by one of the nice running stores in the area where my friend works! Free race and goodies? I'm there. :)

Anyway, this week, I no longer have a regular job which means I can hit up the gym and go to all the classes I didn't have time to do before! Woot.

It's going to be a good week. Last week is done.

ennay
11-06-2011, 12:13 PM
3.5 mile run this morning before heading out on vacation. Despite reminding my running p's of the time change they all blew me off. That makes me 0 for 6 for having people show up when promised on time change sunday. :dizzy:

snarkysharky
11-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Pledged 1/lost 1.8/Pledge 1
OP 18 out of 20 days

Had a baby shower yesterday... For functions like that, I don't count calories - I have one main rule: Don't Be A Pig. I filled up on fruit and veg and a chicken shish kabob and just a few dabs of the fattening stuff. Anyways, I really like my new way of eating - I've been on other diets before where a situation like that would have been really stressful, but that felt totally natural and I didn't feel deprived.

josey
11-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Ironic but being far lighter than ever before, i broke the scale. Overused?
Anyways I can really say if I lost anything. The numbers flicker on and then ERR shows before it shuts off. Not sure if it is the battery. I will get a new battery tomorrow and see. I saw 169 so I assume I stalled :-(. Though I am still sore from Fridays workout. Anyways, i will keep doing what I am doing. Eating clean, working out, etc.
Already ran today since we go out for lunch.

JayTee
11-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Ah hahahahahahahha... Sarge read one full page of posts until Sarge Angry Peanut's post about another round of eye bleeds. So heart-warming...

So here's the deal... Sarge JayTee needs to lose a 5 lb. holiday cushion so is promising to check in more frequently for the next three weeks...and believe me, you DO NOT WANT TO POST GAINS, TOM EXCUSES, or any other b.s. Sarge JayTee has been kicked off other 3FC threads and is more than happy to be kicked off permanently for ripping a member a new one.

On a happier note...congrats to Black Ops team Jeanettey, Rainbow & Sarati for posting a loss each and every week!!!!!!

Ksquared
11-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Scale says 184 this week.
+3 Gain
Pledging 3 pound loss for next week.

C25K going well, getting it done at 4 mph. It's pretty challenging for me this time around, really pushing myself.

Lowered my calories and really keeping track of them. Love this Fitbit, it makes it super easy to track my calories and what I have burned. I am loving how active I am!

ennay
11-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Loss 0.2 Pledged 0.4

New pledge 0.4

Off for vacation for a few days. The food selection will be horrid (HORRID) but I will do my best. OTOH we are going to a Great Wolf Lodge so I should be active pretty much 8-10 hours a day. I'm also bringing my workout gear as the gym is 24 hrs and I usually wake up before my family anyway.

josey
11-06-2011, 01:27 PM
I <3 Sarge!
:-)

Jeanettey
11-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Good morning platoon

pledged 2 / lost 4 / pledge 3......13 cheat free days http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/dancingarmy.gif (AOS)
(Already On Spreadsheet)

Jeanettey
11-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Time to weigh in! http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Exercises/scale.jpg

Don't forget to update the spreadsheet.

Tate 1984
11-06-2011, 01:55 PM
pledged 2 / lost 2.7 / pledge 2 AOS

Jeanettey
11-06-2011, 02:28 PM

"Drop and Gimme"

Completed by; Chickadee, Josey, Thinsole,

MadamB, Peanutt and Me.

Black Ops strong competitors who completed it

two days; Josey, Peanutt and Me. http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/dancingarmy.gif

Completed four days by Chickadee http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/spydog.jpg

Nice job ladies!!!

Jeanettey
11-06-2011, 02:38 PM
30 days to Thanksgiving cheat free challenge

If your still in the "cheat free days" challenge please let me know.

We are at 13 days completed. There's no starting over. The point was to see how many days you could go without cheating and to hopefully make the 30 days "cheat free" mark. Please let me know if your still cheat free.

Cheat free challenge ladies

Please add to your weigh in post how many cheat free days you have accomplished.

Like this please, so I can see it easily.

pledged 1 / lost 1.5 / pledge 2 ........ 13 cheat free days

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/tempted.gif Cheat Free Challenge ladies http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/tempted.gif
................Oct 30th..Nov 6th..Nov 13th..Nov 22nd

Jeanettey....6 days.....13 days..http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/buns.gif
Chickadee...6 days......13 days..http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/buns.gif
Envelope...
Ksquared.....6 days....http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/buns.gif
Cheshire....
Pacsun......
Celrae.......

No cheating!!! Jeanettey's watching...http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/watchingyou.gif

chickadee32
11-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Jeanettey, I actually completed it on four days (Wed night thru Saturday). :)

chickadee32
11-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Lost: 3.5 lbs
No pledge
Trekked: 22.0 miles
Cheat-free: 13 days

Already on spreadsheet.

Sindaena
11-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Pledge (late and likely not on list) 1 / lost 1/ new pledge 1 - recorded on form with typo in my user name (sindaea) sorry!

So, after company left last week, workouts were reasonable I only missed spin and that was due to rough time getting to sleep at night which leads to rough time getting up in the morning. Perhaps time change will make it easier.

In any case, I am not committing to early mornings this week (and therefore not committing to Spin), but I do commit to 3 full body weight workouts, 10 miles of running, and 3 miles of swimming.

Sarati
11-06-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm here everyone!!!
Can someone post the link, again, to the new spread sheet? If you could pm it to me that would be great, that way I won't lose it in the threads. I will bookmark it though, I promise.

Sarati
11-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Pledged .5
Lost 1.5
New pledge to lose 1

Rated
11-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Pledged 0.5
Lost 0.6
New pledge to lose 0.5

Tate 1984
11-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Feeling normal finally and ready to rumble off some more weight. The body is willing, now the brain needs a slight tune up on the priorities.

We are already making holiday plans on how to be good, not over eat, monitor calorie intake and attack with a game plan. It's too easy to say it's no big deal. Then temptation slaps you silly and you start eating everything. Even low flying seagulls aren't safe when the hunger monster is set free.

Here is an odd NSV that I noticed. I am more sensitive to the cold this fall. I usually wear t-shirts and lite pants to work. Lately I have been wearing long sleeve t's and even double shirts with a heavier jacket when working outdoors. Usually I would be in shorts and a tee shirt in 55 degree weather. Plus I am one of those people that always sweats easily. I have noticed a difference their also. (UNLESS I AM HAVING A HOT FLASH THEN ANYTHING GOES :flame:)
This NSV is in relation to carrying less weight around my mid section. Less packing in the middle, everything feels cooler! :eek:

munchey
11-06-2011, 04:52 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/ANIMALS/PIGS/pigouts5.gif
Sorry teammates, I gained one pound this week. I pledge to make up for it this next week.
______________ACTUALS____________________

my actuals for 10-30-11 thru 11-5-11 are:

Weight loss = +1 lb (Current Wt.196)

Walking = 23 miles

_________NEXT WEEK______________________

My goals for 11-6-11 thru 11-12-11 are:

Weight loss = 2 lbs.

Walking = 30 miles
3 DVD exercise sessions

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/ANIMALS/PIGS/vpig3.gif
Reflecting Back on the Week
Had a bad week and gained one pound. I was stress out and got into some speed eating/munching. Ate a very large bag of pop chips within 2 days and then got into some banana chips (they were organic, but 210 calories per 1/2 cup). Just glad that I didn't have any bags of candy around, because I was weak enough to eat it, lol.

It is a new week and at the moment, I have my control back. I vow to maintain control during the week ahead (no "all or nothing" logic).
Munchey

chickadee32
11-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Getting on the scale this afternoon my weight was 171.1, or more than a pound lower than it was first thing this morning (the 172.2 I reported). I was thrilled to see it. The 171.1 is much more like what the number *should* be given my intake and burn over the last two weeks. I know that difference seems small, and probably bizarre given the relatively high loss I reported this week, but over the past nearly two months I have felt so frustrated that the scale was simply not reflecting the fat loss I was actually earning. For instance, for a three week period in September I had a net loss of 1.1 lbs when I was earning MUCH more than that; and if you look back at my numbers in the spreadsheet, I'm showing a loss of less than 9 lbs over the last seven weeks when I've been creating a deficit that should lead to 2-2.5 lbs pounds per week. The thought that my body might finally be adjusting to the new hormones... hallelujah. Now let's just hope things don't revert. I've already reported, and so I'll just leave my numbers from earlier and hopefully have a little buffer in case the numbers jump again this week.

AND, a NSV... While my legs are still very heavy and big (I carry so much of my weight there), I will mention that as I'm sitting here, in the position I'm in, I can distinctly feel the muscle in my quads - the line defining those muscles on the outside of my legs. Those running, biking, eliptical and strength workouts are really doing their job! No one else can see it, but I can feel it!

josey: It freaks me out when the battery dies in such an essential piece of equipment! When the battery in my food scale died a few weeks back and it took me a few days to find a new one, I felt totally lost, LOL. :dizzy: I hope a new battery fixes the problem for you.

Jeanettey: Awesome loss this week!!

Sarge: Glad we'll have you back for a few!

Tate: I am SO COLD lately, all the time. At home, at work, everywhere. For me I think it's more than just having lost the weight though; my body is responding to the calorie deficit by devoting fewer calories to non-essentials (like keeping it at a higher temperature). I kind of can't wait to be done with the calorie restriction so that I can get rid of the constant goosebumps! I am glad for you that it has been a pleasant change though! :)

Sarati: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsNtLUURW3tMdGZsc1UyR1pGdzRMRDczajVTNkhMd 3c#gid=71 I'll send it by PM as well. And it's always linked in the very first post of the thread too.

Edit: Just looking at the BlackOps tab of the spreadsheet... we're on track for our first-ever week without a gain by a single BlackOps competitor!! One more BlackOps person left to check in today! And Sarati - you have lost an AMAZING percentage of your weight during this competition! Way to go!!

April Snow
11-06-2011, 07:42 PM
pledged 1.6
lost 3.8
new pledge 1

haven't been posting much as it turns out that I have a strep throat but now on antibiotics and hoping to feel better and be on track now.

josey
11-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Sindaena - I fixed your name for the pledge board report :-)

Chick - I better get some batteries tomorrow or I'll freak. I tried it again this afternoon but nothing. Doesn't even come up with anything anymore. I am flying blind :-(

rainbowsmiles
11-06-2011, 09:42 PM
back from out of town...had a blast!! ate to much!!

GOOD NOTE: just completed the jeanettey challenge!!! had to get it done!! just couldn't go play all weekend and not stay committed!!! besides...jeanettey's voice was screaming in my ears!!!! :o

BAD NOTE: bad sore throat, can't hardly talk!!

chickadee....:hug::hug: thanks

sarge sir :drill: heart u....so happy to have you around for a short 5 lb stay! now sir....you better make it happen!!! :D

tate: good to see you back!!!

Jeanettey
11-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Welcome back Rainbow. I missed you!

Still staying Black Ops strong I see. You go girl!!!http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/truckload.jpg

JoyfulVegGirl
11-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Lost .5/ Pledge .5/ 12 miles trekked (but did a $%# of weight training)

I'm not AWOL, just been busier than usual and need to catch up! Unfortunately, I weighed in last night at .5 lbs lighter and then this morning TOTALLY spaced it off until I had already gotten in my 9 mile run and big breakfast afterwards. So, I guess that'll be close enough. I still need to update my fitocracy and other stuff.

ONE WEEK WITHOUT A GAIN. GO BLACK OPS!

I'll catch up with ya'll tomorrow. Sounds like we had an awesome week.

chickadee32
11-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Woohoo Joyful and BlackOps folks! Everyone checked in, and no gains this week! I love seeing that clean column on the spreadsheet. :D Sarati - I added your loss to the spreadsheet this week so that I could look at that pretty, complete column. :)

Welcome back Rainbow!

The day is not quite over yet, but I'm only at 795 cals so far and so today will definitely be day 14/30 cheat free and day 4/5 < 1300 calories. I did not drive up to PA to do the 5K today (just decided it was too far to go), but I did do a 3 mile run on the treadmill this afternoon, again with a little incline. It's still tough for me - I fight through most of it just to keep going. I think I am going to try to increase the incline slightly each week, and then when I hit a certain point (3 or 4%?) I will increase the speed and drop the incline back down, then build up again, etc. Hopefully that will be a good way to improve my speed and endurance, but if anyone has any different suggestions I will happily take them!

PacSunMama
11-07-2011, 01:49 AM
Actual: 1.2
Next week: 1

Good week despite extreme business. I didn't meet the no-cheat challenge this week though. Ended Friday when the baby was eating every 90 minutes for the last 3 days. I've been filling my extra cals with cottage cheese and Greek yogurt with honey but I'm only satisfied when I get to about 2200 cals, so that's over my 1900 limit for the challenge. Still lost though and I'm happy about that. My legs are sore from walking so much, moving things and getting the house home-y. I want to add some cross training and weights this week to mix it up.

Feeling good but also like I'm hovering on a cliff. There's just so many balls I'm juggling right now and nothing can really wait. I will get through this!!

JayTee
11-07-2011, 08:38 AM
WAKE UP YOU MAGGOTS!!!!

Turn up your computer volume, watch the first few minutes of this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LfjAkk7hMY THEN HIT THE GYM!

THAT IS ALL...

P.S... Sarge voluntarily votes himself off the Black Ops Ranch since he and Josey tied at -0- weight loss this week, but LOVES that clean looking column!

PacSunMama
11-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Up and at 'em! Focusing my diet today less on total calories and more on WHAT I'm eating- going to try for 30% protein since I always feel so good when I hit that number. Baby was up all night eating again, either he's teething or growing and needs to catch up because he's almost crawling.

Extremely busy morning- watching my neighbor's baby, maintanence is coming, and our small household goods shipment will arrive all this morning, then I'll be walking with the boys before lunchtime.

Can I tell you something about this base we are on?? It's a teeny, tiny base so if you are paying attention you can hear all the soldiers/airmen/sailor/marines calling cadences while they work out. Well I was up late one of the nights last week and heard cadences at about 2am. Surely I must be so tired I imagined it...? No! The classes here are held around the clock, and some of the students have night shift. They go to class all night long, instead of daytime, and they do PT at 1am!!

So there's no excuse not to work out, if these guys can do it around the clock, anyone can. It's also good news for me because the gym and track are always open.

kateleestar
11-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Checking in!

Pledged last week: 1
Lost last week: 1.8

Pledged this week: 2

I GOT THIS!

:D

Ksquared
11-07-2011, 12:11 PM
I AM AWAKE and I have already ran 2.35 Miles and did 100 Oblique Crunches, 100 Reverse Crunches and 100 regular crunches!

going out of town tonight and into tomorrow. So I got my work out in now so I don't miss it.

Jeanettey
11-07-2011, 01:04 PM
30 days to Thanksgiving cheat free challenge

..................Oct 30th..Nov 6th..Nov 13th..Nov 22nd

Jeanettey....6 days.....13 days..http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/buns.gif
Chickadee...6 days......13 days..http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/buns.gif
Ksquared.....6 days....no check inhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Smilies/buns.gif
Pacsun......10 days total
Celrae.......no check in
Envelope...no check in
Cheshire....no check in

Ksquared
11-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Sorry Jeanettey - :( I ate at work. :( It was a salad, but I still ate at work. So I cheated. Ate two other times after that as well. Last three days it's been a serious time crunch and I have had no time to eat before going to work. I am very disappointed.

rainbowsmiles
11-07-2011, 01:19 PM
WAKE UP YOU MAGGOTS!!!!

Turn up your computer volume, watch the first few minutes of this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LfjAkk7hMY THEN HIT THE GYM!

THAT IS ALL...

P.S... Sarge voluntarily votes himself off the Black Ops Ranch since he and Josey tied at -0- weight loss this week, but LOVES that clean looking column!

SiR YES SiR!!!
eat danger crap victory!! lol

crapping VICTORY SiR!!

:hug::hug: jeanettey!! thanks :)

Thinsole
11-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Ack! Rainbow!! I think I stepped in some of your victory.

Way to go Black ops team!! No gains for you!

Woot! This Saturday is my first 5K race. I went out and ran the course today and finished in 37:12. It's not a walking time but I WILL do better!!

josey
11-07-2011, 02:43 PM

Nooo waaayy! Sarge, I am out since I didn't even really get to weight in this week.

ruby5839
11-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Sorry I'm a day late with my check-in but I've been sick with the flu all weekend and drugged up. On the bright side, my mostly liquid diet has helped me lose a bit.
(already entered on spreadsheet)
Lost: 1.1

FitGirlyGirl
11-07-2011, 09:48 PM
I haven't said anything in the thread in forever, sorry about that. Life has been a little insane over here. My best friend was in an accident with his motorcycle (he's ok), I had my baptism to prepare for, DH had the flu (my immune system kicks butt and I didn't get it), and then some.

I have been doing what needs to be done though. I haven't let the busy make me miss any gym time. I have restarted P90X - today was day 8. Today was day 11 for me for the burpee challenge and I have been getting them all done. I have increased my weights in my body pump type class. My back issue which caused me to stop my heavy lifts months ago seems to be gone so I am going shopping tomorrow for a new bar and then I will be easing myself back into some heavy lift sessions. I seem to be in size 4 jeans now. Levi's are my defining brand and I haven't tried them yet, but will probably do that tomorrow too. I got nothin but win right now!

josey
11-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Just a quickie ;-)
I made green bean fries today. Very yummy!!
Green beans spread on a cookie sheet. Spray with cooking spray. In the oven at highest setting until done. If needed a few minutes under the broiler so they are nice and charred.
Salt & pepper. Eat like fries with your fingers :-) Done.

JayTee
11-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Back for a Josey "quickie"....

Rainbow -- I'm betting a big ole pile of steaming victory is good for at least a 2 lb. loss! :)

Jeanettey -- WOW!!!! Impressive pledge this week! I know you can do it!
--------------------------------------------------------------
WAKE UP TROOPS!!!! IT'S A NEW DAY!

There'll be a surprise weigh-in to see who can go on this new ride today!

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/1007/amusement-park-rides-navy-seal-insertion-exercise-demotivational-poster-1279810383.jpg

Jeanettey
11-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Count me in for that ride.

It looks awesome!!!

Oh, and by the way,........

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Cartoons/lost75.gif

peanutt
11-08-2011, 11:32 AM
PLEDGE BOARD UPDATE!
Private - pledge / actual

diyana - 1 / 2
ennay - 0.4 / 0.2
envelope - 0 / 0
fitgirl - 1 / 0.4
jeanettey - 2 / 4
josey - 1 / 0
K3 - 1 / 1
katelee - 2 / 1.8
munchey - 2 / +1
pacsun - 1 / 1.2
peanutt - 0.6 / 1
rainbow - 1 / 2.5
rated - 0.5 / 0.6
ruby - 1 / 1.1
sarati - 1 / 1.5
solarplant - 2 / 0
sumner - 1 / +3
tate - 2 / 2.7
thinsole - 1 / 1.2

Newbies:
April - 1.6 / 3.8
snarkysharky - 1 / 1.8

Sarge JayTee
GooeyGhost - 1.4
chickadee - 3.5
pokey
ksquared - +3

We pledged 24.1 lbs. Taking into account the losses posted from the maintainers/coffee breakers (and that gain from ksquared :mad:) the platoon lost 25.5 lbs last week, exceeding our pledge! :carrot: Nicely done, troops!!

What makes me even happier is that there were NO AWOL PLEDGERS THIS WEEK!!

NEW PLEDGES FOR NOVEMBER 13
budget - 1
diyana - 1
ennay - 0.4
envelope - 0
fitgirl - 1
jeanettey - 3
josey - 1 and a new scale!
joyful - 0.5
K3 - 1
katelee - 2
ksquared - 3
munchey - 2
pacsun - 1
peanutt - 0.6
rainbow - 1
rated - 0.5
sarati - 0.5
sindaena - 1
solarplant - 1
sumner - 3
tate - 2
thinsole - 1

Sarge JayTee
GooeyGhost
chickadee
pokey

BLACK OPS UPDATE:
Not a single gain on Black Ops!! WTG platoon!!
josey's out this week without a report, despite Sarge volunteering for elimination

FitGirlyGirl
11-08-2011, 11:59 AM
jeanettey - Congrats on hitting 75 pounds lost. :woohoo:

josey
11-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Another quickie... who is on MyFitnessPal? New feature, we can create groups. Anybody interested in a SargesPlatoon one?
Hoshi, you?
We need to be three members strong to start a group...

rainbowsmiles
11-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Count me in for that ride.

It looks awesome!!!

Oh, and by the way,........

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/Cartoons/lost75.gif

soooo very proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug::hug:

pokeycactus
11-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Jeanettey!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! What an accomplishment. :hug:

JayTee
11-08-2011, 07:03 PM
JEANETTEY--WAY TO GO ON THAT 75!!!!

Great work on the numbers this past week troops! Perhaps we're just like the BL episode last week...we needed new management/new trainers to get back on track! :)

peanutt
11-08-2011, 07:14 PM
chickadee - Sounds like a successful dinner out. Vegetable ratatouile sounds awesome! I might add that to the meal plan for next week. Do you have a heart rate monitor? I use my HRM for workouts and do intervals based on heart rate to increase endurance. For example, run at a faster speed until your heart rate hits 90% of max and keep it there for 1 minute, then lower the speed and let your heart rate recover to 75%, increase speed and get back to 90%, etc.

K3 - Holy cow! YOu are so close to goal! We're going to have to start up a Platoon Hall of Fame here with all the goal achievers!

solarplant - With that new spare time you should be posting great losses and workouts!

snarky - Great rule - don't be a pig. Goes nicely with my two rules - your are not a garbage disposal and your mouth is not a vacuum cleaner. ;)

Tate - I hear ya on the cold thing. My nose has been cold since the end of August. I'm always freezing now. I have one side of my closet devoted just to sweaters, scarves and other warm things to layer.

Ksquared - Why on earth would you be disappointed about eating a salad for a meal at work? Unless you were eating a chicken caesar salad like Jessica on BL last week with extra dressing and bread on the side, you need to fuel your body somehow. And a salad is a good choice to do so.

Sarge - Count me out of that ride. I'll do a lot of things, but the thought of that scares the daylights out of me!

Jeanettey - CONGRATS!! You hit that milestone in no time! I took a look back at your page in the spreadsheet today and your consistent losses are really something to be proud of. What an awesome example of how to tackle this head on and make it happen!

Good grief, I have to stop leaving home. There's always so much to catch up on when I get back. My hubby managed to pretty much empty the fridge and pantry while I was away so I'm doing a serious major grocery stock up tonight. Must get my veggies! A day without veggies made for a sad peanutt today!!

The gym at my hotel was craptastic, so I worked out in my hotel room and went for a run in a cool city park. Running is such a cool way to explore a new place! I've determined that my new running shoes are hurting my knees, so it's back to the running store for a new pair this weekend. So frustrating to drop the $$ on a new pair only to have them be duds.

Thinsole
11-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Jeanettey-:cheer: Congratulations! Losing 75 pounds is awesome! Way to go!

Peanutt- Good luck finding better running shoes. I've been playing :censored: trying to find a pair myself.

Sarge- Ooo!! Giant swing! I wanna play!

Christmas is coming and every year I give out a big basket full of jams, breads, and general baked treats to my family, friends, and neighbors. So since there's only 6 weeks left (I know don't remind you guys) I had to start with the baking. I'm proud to say I haven't eaten ANY of it!

Last year this baking frenzy resulted in a weight gain (of unknown # of pounds). The difference between this year and last year is a testament to myself, and my support group, which includes you guys! So Thank you!

Ksquared
11-08-2011, 09:57 PM
I am disappointed because I pledged not to eat at work and I did. I am making better choices though. I have been keeping within my alloted calories my fitbit says I need to stay in. I am jogging in the AM and PM and getting some crunches and kickboxing done. I WILL get rid of those 3 extra pounds!

On a NSV side- on a whim I bought a pair of size 10 jeans. Much to my surprise when I got home to see if I could squeeze my butt into them I didn't even have to try! They slid on like hot butter and buttoned perfectly!

Time to retire those size 15s that I have been belting to high heaven.

ennay
11-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Back from vacation. As expected the food selection wavered between bad and horrendous, but I kept my portions reasonable. I am very glad I have ditched fitocracy because I really didnt want to figure how to log 120 flights of stairs carrying a double raft at a jog and then 80 flights of stairs without the raft (and that was just Monday). Got a run in Monday morning before we hit the water park and I chose to do a progression run followed by sprint intervals. By the 10th trip up the 6 flights of stairs carrying a raft my legs were jello.

Off to unpack and do some food planning for the week. dh's birthday is friday ...eeesh.

Jeanettey
11-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the congrats everyone. I feel great!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeanettey2/lessfat.jpg

ennay
11-08-2011, 10:42 PM
jeanetty - congrats!

peanutt - how old are your shoes? Most real running stores will take them back for store credit if they are not the right kind for you. I've put serious miles on a couple pairs including one pair that I took down a sidewalk loaded with cherries and they still took them back. One of the main reasons I still buy new versions there even though I can always find cheaper online. I try not to abuse it and will keep a pair that is "meh" now and then for gym work, but I've taken back ones that hurt.

rainbowsmiles
11-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Ack! Rainbow!! I think I stepped in some of your victory!

:D SPREAD THE VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!

peanutt
11-08-2011, 11:02 PM
jeanetty - congrats!

peanutt - how old are your shoes? Most real running stores will take them back for store credit if they are not the right kind for you. I've put serious miles on a couple pairs including one pair that I took down a sidewalk loaded with cherries and they still took them back. One of the main reasons I still buy new versions there even though I can always find cheaper online. I try not to abuse it and will keep a pair that is "meh" now and then for gym work, but I've taken back ones that hurt.

I'm going to keep these as walking shoes (I keep them at work) and retire the old running shoes that I was using as walking shoes that I have almost destroyed. They are great for walking but my knees hurt during and after runs with them. Heck, I walked miles and miles around Disneyland in them for 3 straight days without problems. BUT good point about another reason to support the local real running shops. Our local does do exchanges within 30 days if they're not the right shoe for you.

Resolute
11-08-2011, 11:48 PM
I'm proud of you Jeanettey :) You go girl...

MadamButterfly
11-09-2011, 01:10 AM
Evening Troops;

GooeyGhost materializing for a few minutes. I joined the Y, LOTS of classes, boot camp, body pump, step, ZUMBA, PiYo and Spinning . . . it's keeping the BUTT-er melted :) AND when I did my first Boot Camp, the instructor came and talked to me and wants me to do a "Special" Boot Camp they have for a few women (I think there are 6). She thinks I have a lot of strength :o Made me feel good, and now she is going to do my free 1 hour personal trainer session tomorrow . . . I can't wait, so I must hit the racks soon.

Jeanettey: CONGRATULATIONS ON 75!!!! Soon there is going to be a 2 in front of those numbers . . . JUST KEEP DOIN' IT!!!

OK, GooeyGhost evaporating . . .

chickadee32
11-09-2011, 03:55 AM
Jeanettey: Congratulations on 75 lbs lost!! Way to go!!

MadamB: That's really cool on the boot camp and the strength training session tomorrow. :)

OK, checking in for the day. Yesterday was cheat free and day 5 of under 1300 calories, and tonight was my anniversary dinner out. My entree was not a reasonable one (though it was kind of accidental; my husband wanted us to share the entrees, and I didn't realize the one of the ones he selected had a cream sauce! :o), but otherwise dinner was ok nutrition-wise, and we had a really nice time. I'm kicking myself about the cream sauce, but I did estimate and log everything from dinner tonight, and so at least it's all there for me to see. Both as a reminder of why meals that high in calories are for special occasions only, and as a reminder that one high-calorie meal isn't going to kill my weight loss.

peanutt: I have to stop running for a few weeks. :( I've been having pain in my left hip for about a month, and I had cut back from 3 days running/week to 2 days to see if that would help, but the pain hasn't gone away. I saw the doctor this morning and he wants for me to take 3 weeks off from the running. He also gave me a referral to a physical therapist, but I think I'm going to see if the break alone will fix the problem. If the pain comes back when I start running again, then I'll go see the PT. I'm thinking I need to stay off the eliptical as well, as that also seems to exacerbate the pain. The stationary bike doesn't though, and so at least I still have that. I'm pretty bummed, but I am thinking positively: this will force me to try out some other cardio equipment at the gym. I think the rowing machine is going to be my new toy for the next few weeks.

Also on the exercise front: if anyone is looking to really work their hamstrings and glutes, try out some one-legged romanian deadlifts! I did some last night as part of the body-weight exercises I'm doing, and on top of the squats and back lunges HOLY COW are my legs feeling it today!

goodbyefatness
11-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Hi Sarge, I'm new! I promise to lose 4 pounds next week!

SW: 185lbs

Please join if you want the platoon to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get if you don't meet your goal each week! -- I LOL'd at this, sooo what i need.

Im calorie counting, doing couch to 5k and am starting a real life bootcamp on monday (eek)!! Look forward to getting to know you all, and hopefully not having my butt kicked too much! :)

JayTee
11-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Welcome GOODBYEFATNESS!!!! Nice name, btw! AngryPeanutt is the #1 Sarge in-charge followed by Sarge Jeanettey and they're just dying to slap some new recruits around...so good luck!

To the rest of you maggots...GET THE HECK OUT OF BED, OUT OF THE MESS HALL, AND OVER TO THE OBSTACLE COURSE!!!! Thanksgiving food-fest will be here before you know it and we've tubs of butt-er to melt before then!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/hampshire/content/images/2007/11/03/army_sports5_203_203x152.jpg

josey
11-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Also on the exercise front: if anyone is looking to really work their hamstrings and glutes, try out some one-legged romanian deadlifts! I did some last night as part of the body-weight exercises I'm doing, and on top of the squats and back lunges HOLY COW are my legs feeling it today!

Sounds interesting. I have to youtube that one. How much weight did you use or just bodyweight? (Edit: oh bummer, I read romulan deadlifts! It's only romanian. I am such a geek! :dizzy: Romulan sounded way more fun. Well, I am trying it anyways.)

I found some interesting exercises with the stability ball yesterday. http://www.paulplakas.com/2011/10/1779/ (I hope you non-Canadians can watch this :-))
I don't have two balls (giggle) but I don't think I make it that far anyways. The one ball (giggle) exercises seem quite challenging already.

Jeanettey - belated congratulations to your 75 lbs lost!!!

K2 - I also don't understand why you are so upset about eating a salad at work and consider it cheating. Why pledge no food during work? Don't you need to fuel your body? (Assuming you don't only work a hour or so?!)

ennay - 80 flights with a raft? Sounds intense!

goodbyefatness - welcome to the madness!

ennay
11-09-2011, 12:03 PM
lol josey - I need a vacation from the vacation. (on all fronts - Portion control did NOT make up for the food quality.) BUT instead I did 30 minutes on the Xtrainer this morning and 45 minutes of legs & shoulders AND grocery shopped all before 7:30 am.

K2 - I'm with the others - why is worktime eating verbotten?

Chick - I wouldnt wait on the PT if your insurance pays for it. A good PT can be a WAY better diagnostician for physical stuff than a doctor and sometimes rest is the cure, and sometimes rest seems like the cure until you start running again but you never really fixed the problem (psoas weakness as an example) so it comes right back after a few weeks of running and SOMETIMES rest is absolutely the worst thing you can do as to heal it needs to have active stimulation along with treatment. (ie. Asyst and scraping techniques often work better with light running than no running).

And now I am sweating because somehow I managed to make my breakfast uber spicy. That burns more calories, right? :p

Ksquared
11-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Sounds interesting. I have to youtube that one. How much weight did you use or just bodyweight? (Edit: oh bummer, I read romulan deadlifts! It's only romanian. I am such a geek! :dizzy: Romulan sounded way more fun. Well, I am trying it anyways.)

I found some interesting exercises with the stability ball yesterday. http://www.paulplakas.com/2011/10/1779/ (I hope you non-Canadians can watch this :-))
I don't have two balls (giggle) but I don't think I make it that far anyways. The one ball (giggle) exercises seem quite challenging already.

Jeanettey - belated congratulations to your 75 lbs lost!!!

K2 - I also don't understand why you are so upset about eating a salad at work and consider it cheating. Why pledge no food during work? Don't you need to fuel your body? (Assuming you don't only work a hour or so?!)

ennay - 80 flights with a raft? Sounds intense!

goodbyefatness - welcome to the madness!

Because I work at Dairy Queen.. and the food is killer and it is hard for me to not eat at work, Especially when it is a slow day and I an graze on french fries or make a cone in 2 seconds. Just easy access to fattening foods that are calorie packed. So I made the pledge to not eat anything from work becuase it's so chalk full of calories. Even a salad is 400 calories. So I pledged not to eat at work and take alternative healthy choices to work.

Ksquared
11-09-2011, 12:25 PM
I guess it is up to Jeannettey on wether I cheated or not. I felt like I did, even though I did allot the caloriesand didn't go over my calorie load. But I pledged no eating at work because I wanted to be out of the habit of being bored and grazing, or something. It's just way to easy to say Gee I am hungry, a small cheeseburger won't kill me" instead I'd like to say "Gee I am hungry, I think I will have the soup I brought from home"

josey
11-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Ok, I got it. I didn't even know DQ has salad. Wait, I am not sure if I have ever been to a DQ. Anyways, do you bring food to work then?

SHRINKMYBUTT
11-09-2011, 01:42 PM
I'm new, and this is EXACTLY what I need. I want 3 lbs this week. Sayanara fatness!

ennay
11-09-2011, 02:25 PM
K2 - OH, I thought you meant no eating AT work, not no eating food FROM work.

Workout #2 and I guess #3 done. Had to take the van in for a new battery so I dropped it off "I need the battery replaced" blah blah blah "I'll be back in 30 minutes to pick it up" Walked to my gym (maybe 1/4 mile?) and did 20 minutes of rowing and walked back.

"We tested your battery and it is weak. We recommend you replace it. Would you like to do that today?" Whiskey Fox Tango?!!!!. So while they ACTUALLY replaced it I walked angrily from one side of downtown to the other and back. I dont know how far it was or how long it took. I'm guessing 1 - 1.5 miles. (mta: measured and total walking today 2.5 miles...more than I thought!)

Am I allowed to gripe about TBL being interrupted every 30 seconds for riveting election updates with 1% of the votes counted? I may need to fire up hulu on the laptop.

MTA: OK for real workout #3 completed - 6.9 miles at a slightly brisker than normal pace. I should go rake the lawn (which with my hills and trees is a kick *** workout) but I kinda want food.

Resolute
11-09-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm new, and this is EXACTLY what I need. I want 3 lbs this week. Sayanara fatness!

Hi there fellow Saskatchewanian. :)

Anyways i've been quiet lately, the good news is i finally seem to be getting into a groove again, september and october were horrible months for me, struggling wise.

Walking everyday still, has gotten more and less difficult, it's weird, the cold and the snow make it both easier and harder but i won't give in, there is something peaceful about walking in the dead quiet all alone outside that gives one perspective on life (Myself anyways.)

Days seem so short now, i'm gonna go make my salad, just having a bourbon right now, i find a little alcohol actually helps me lose weight as strange as that seems.

Hope everyone is finding their way still, if it was worth starting it's worth finishing ...right ? :hug: I still never actually hit my third revised goal :dizzy: yeah i know sounds strange, i still feel fat though, perhaps i always will, i remember last year at this time i was around 320 and right now i'm 196, on the new scale as of today, so in retrospect i might have backslid a couple of pounds but year on year i'm winning, with my new found strength i forsee finally hitting 185 in the next couple of months. Will endeavor to check in more frequently, not that anybody cares :p still it's what helped get me here, a sounding board for my nonsensical thoughts if nothing else.

josey
11-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Phew, I am exhausted. I almost chickened out today but sucked it up (buttercup!) and did my workout. 15 minutes on the bike to warm up and then a crueling circuit training. I am wiped!

Shrinky - Welcome to the platoon. Another Canadian is great news!

Reso - nice to see that you are back and also happier! On feeling fat... me too!! I just have never been normal (still 4 lbs away!) and can't really grasp the concept of it. I think I was so overweight for so long I really don't know any different. It will probably take me months if not years to finally get it. I hope lots of activities that I wasn't able/willing to do (kite surfing, capoeira, horseback riding, wearing a bikini without hiding in a T-Shirt) will slowly help my brain to catch up.

Btw, capoeira... I was always interested but never dared to even look it up. I did today and found out that there will be a beginners class beginning of 2012 in our town! OMG! I sent them an email to see what the fitness requirements are so we will see. I might not be able to join the class early 2012 but maybe later in the year or 2013. I need stuff like that to keep going. Very excited that there is even a chance to finally try something I admired for decades (well, since Tekken came out!)

I am also excited that I am going dog sledding in a week. My BF's company is taking us out and I totally make the weight limit. EASY!!! I even get to do a 2 hrs musher course before the trek starts. So looking forward to that.

All those options now are really rewarding. Even more than new clothes :-)

Resolute
11-09-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm glad you are happy josey :) Dog sledding actually sounds really fun, you have lots of snow now ? I'm sure you look great at 5' 8" and in the 160's.

You going to sit pat at 165 or going for more ? I would'nt imagine you could lose much more and still be healthy.

josey
11-09-2011, 11:51 PM
:-) Thanks Reso! I do feel great! 165 lbs is the top corner of a normal BMI. That was the goal I set when I started in January. I figured if I ever hit a normal BMI I am fine. Now I think I will try for 150 lbs which is in the middle of a normal BMI. I figured it is a safe place to be with some wiggle room :-)
However, I am not going to push it. If my body settles at 155 I am good too. I rather work on my fitness and some muscles. As long as I stay in the normal range I will be ok.

We don't have snow here. It snowed a bit earlier in the week but is pretty much gone. The dog sledding is in the Rockies. Not sure how familiar you are with the area but they run vans from Canmore or Banff up to Spray Lakes (Kananaskis). That area has usually lots of snow. Great, great scenery. Lots of movies are filmed there.
Btw, did you watch H*E*L*L* on Wheels? I taped it but haven't watched it yet. Anyways, they filmed it in and around Calgary and Kananaskis.

Resolute
11-10-2011, 12:04 AM
Well don't get to carried away with losing ;) you don't have to look like one of those anemic models that have been photoshopped.

Yeah we got quite a bit of snow but it's slowly melting again, supposed to warm up a bit for the next few days so it should go pretty fast, one can hope anyways.

LOL, i know where the rockies and banff are :p, never heard of that show till you, just googled it, i see the first episode is on icefilms, might have to download it, don't mind the odd western. :)