General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #1  

Default Hot Tea and Lemon

Background: I LOVE water. I drink it all day so getting it in is no problem. I don't drink Pop or high sugar drinks except Sweet Tea in the summer but again it's only a few and I have no worries about water intake.
Now that the weater is COLD, I have been drinking Hot Tea with a nice thin lemon slice and I mean all day long. I haven't been drinking water except to wash down my medications when needed.
How do others feel about this? Do you think by drinking my tea (green or black, NO added sugar, cream or honey) and a slice of lemon should be okay for me to stay hydrated? I've noticed since this has been my drink of choice I don't seem as hungry (plus maybe? hehe)
Any thoughts or advice welcome.
WinterCricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #2  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

As long as you don't feel you're getting too much caffeine (your personal preference), I wouldn't worry about it. You like it, you're hydrating, good for you.
reji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by reji View Post
As long as you don't feel you're getting too much caffeine (your personal preference), I wouldn't worry about it. You like it, you're hydrating, good for you.
I feel like such an airhead...I never thought about the whole caffeine factor! I went and looked and I drink about 60 mgs of caffeine per cup and I knock back about 8 a day. Holy Moly but I gave up coffee since I've been on the Tea so I think I should be good.
when I start doing that dance all day long...I'll cut back
Old 10-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

You can always switch to a decaffinated tea. I drink decaf tea (Earl Grey) with a lemon slice all the time and I feel plenty hydrated. Of course I drink lots of plain water too.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwoman View Post
You can always switch to a decaffinated tea. I drink decaf tea (Earl Grey) with a lemon slice all the time and I feel plenty hydrated. Of course I drink lots of plain water too.
How silly is it for me to say I have never tried anything decaffeinated? I think since Tea will be part of my days for awhile I should give that a try. The strange thing is I feel a lot more tired these days but wonder if it's because I'm jogging again. Anyways, thanks for the tip going to pick up some decaf this weekend and give it a go.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #6  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I love tea and drink it often. Tea is only mildly diuretic, so as long as you are drinking throughout the day you should be fine. And if you mix in some herbal tea, those aren't diuretic, and they don't have caffeine either. I usually drink a black tea in the morning (two tea bags) and then either decaf green or an herbal tea throughout the day after that.

And tea is full of good for you antioxidants AND it can help keep your from getting sick with colds and the flu! What a boost!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:44 PM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterCricket View Post
How silly is it for me to say I have never tried anything decaffeinated? I think since Tea will be part of my days for awhile I should give that a try. The strange thing is I feel a lot more tired these days but wonder if it's because I'm jogging again. Anyways, thanks for the tip going to pick up some decaf this weekend and give it a go.
I never tried decaf tea myself until quite recently. I order my groceries online and they get sent to my home. Sometimes if they do not have an item they substitute one of similiar quality. On one order I had Twinings Earl Grey tea in the order list and they had none so they substituted Twinings Earl Grey decaf. I never noticed until I was halfway through the box and by then I didn't care so I just kept getting it in further orders. All the teas I get are now decaf and they taste just as good to me.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote